Sign in to follow this  
Rainy Day Sailor

Sailing lessons for a MacGregor 26

Given that many of you are still under quarantine orders I thought you would enjoy passing on some of the vast sailing wisdom that exists on Sailing Anarchy. So have some fun with this post from our local sailing club’s Facebook group. 

CEDF565F-72CF-4AA9-947B-C3EC3DD08A5B.png

introduce them to the fourth mode.  There is a special instructor for that who used to hang around these parts...

3 minutes ago, ExOmo said:

introduce them to the fourth mode.  There is a special instructor for that who used to hang around these parts...

This guy! I swear he found the fifth mode at times on his MacGregor!

Robby Hoyts Mac 36 UK Tape Drive.jpg

Why make fun of someone trying to get into sailing? And the 26S isn't the 26X so you're mean and dumb.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, breezetrees said:

Why make fun of someone trying to get into sailing? And the 26S isn't the 26X so you're mean and dumb.

I agree the 26S is not a bad boat. It's a true sailboat not like the M or X.  And not a bad starter boat for a trailer sailor.

There are people like Mighetto that deserve to be mocked, then there’s innocent folks. If I was in the area, I’d happily swallow my pride and teach them to sail. I don’t see any reason to mock them. 

• Like 1

Alright alright.  I’ll be nicer. I was just trying to have some fun.  I guess we can’t really teach him to sail right now.  Washington is locked down for another month.  I’ll be nice and offer to when the lock down is lifted.  

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:52 AM, Rainy Day Sailor said:

Given that many of you are still under quarantine orders I thought you would enjoy passing on some of the vast sailing wisdom that exists on Sailing Anarchy. So have some fun with this post from our local sailing club’s Facebook group. 

CEDF565F-72CF-4AA9-947B-C3EC3DD08A5B.png

They sound sincere. I'd give them a couple of hours instruction for free, and if they're nice, maybe come back again.

As noted above, the Mac26S is not the X/M Pow-R-Sail-R and is not a bad boat, just a bit under-gear-ed and tender. Aside from boat snobbery, what is to lose by teaching some new people how to sail?

FB- Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

They sound sincere. I'd give them a couple of hours instruction for free, and if they're nice, maybe come back again.

As noted above, the Mac26S is not the X/M Pow-R-Sail-R and is not a bad boat, just a bit under-gear-ed and tender. Aside from boat snobbery, what is to lose by teaching some new people how to sail?

FB- Doug

They have to bring the beer. 

• Like 1