Sign in to follow this  
furr_ball

COVID brings out the best in people.....

Recommended Posts

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.........

 

Bolsonaro says 'I don't do miracles' when asked about Brazil death toll

                   
b1703559-72d4-487b-9ba1-084f0a675517.jpg AP: Eraldo Peres
          
                
Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro has drawn fierce criticism for responding "so what?" when asked about the fact that more than 6,000 Brazilians have died of COVID-19.
                 
Observers believe the country, which is Latin America's largest nation, is rapidly becoming one of the world's coronavirus hot spots.
               
More than 91,000 cases have been confirmed, however scientists warn the true figure could be 15 to 20 times higher.
                 
At least 6,300 Brazilians have died.
              
But Mr Bolsonaro has shown no sign of wavering from his insistence that COVID-19 is a relatively minor disease and that broad social-distancing measures are not needed to stop it.
                
He has said only Brazilians at high risk should be isolated and recently fired a health minister who had supported tough anti-virus measures and replaced him with an advocate for reopening the economy.
                 
"So what? I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?" Mr Bolsonaro said when asked this week about Brazil's death toll surpassing 5,000 — more than China.
               
He joked that even though his middle name is Messias, or Messiah, "I don't do miracles".
            
Meanwhile, inmates at a prison in Manaus, a city deep in the Amazon that has been hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak, have taken seven prison guards hostage.
              
The rebellion comes as the coronavirus outbreak has overwhelmed public services in Manaus, with authorities burying victims in mass graves and warning residents of a looming shortage of coffins.
             
"This May 1 is especially serious because of the death of more than 5,000 Brazilians, victims of the negligence and omission of a government led by the most brutal and heartless head of state among all the countries of the planet," Brazil's former president Dilma Rousseff said, speaking at a May Day event on Friday.
           
Reporting by wires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is for sure,  international travel is dead until all of these dickhead countries start getting serious. 

Fuck me, it's not exactly rocket science. 

I wonder what will happen to the international airlines when faced with no passengers for the next 12-24 months?

It should have been a more sustainable 3 months if the back of the pack got off their arses and played catch-up.  With the governors of some US states and countries like Brazil, you have no choice but to ostracise the entire country.

I'm more worried about this than I am about contracting the bloody thing, the international fallout will make the gun toting protests look like kids playing dress up.  

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i struggle to understand the.....this is nothing people group.....

that brazilian bloke cannot have any level of compassion or kindness

trump has not done much better

but with trump i think it more just white shoe salesman talk....ie. bullshit and then more bullshit

the UK were slow off the mark

 

brazil, the us, specific us states really do not have great strategies

this is a long game

only country likely for travel for us is nz

international airlines? a lot of them are stuffed

cannot see oz letting flights in for a long time while it is still going bad elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, furr_ball said:

this is a long game

cannot see oz letting flights in for a long time while it is still going bad elsewhere

Shorter game for some, particularly those sitting in sub 80 persons per million mortality and in the same region. Large parts of Asia and Oceania got it right and nailed the fucker quickly.

Travel and commerce starts to get difficult beyond that as might be large barrel but only takes a couple of bad apples to slow the world down economically. 

Airports will open with pre and post flight qualification, restrictions and screening. Some counties will be banned from entering. The US will probably head that list along with any countries suspected of understating current status.

Americans are going to get a bit of a shock about how they are regarded as a pariah. World epicentre for spread outside China and now won't properly fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

.  With the governors of some US states and countries like Brazil, you have no choice but to ostracise the entire country.

Call it a reward from the world for the leadership they have shown. Fuck them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, furr_ball said:

i struggle to understand the.....this is nothing people group.....

that brazilian bloke cannot have any level of compassion or kindness

trump has not done much better

but with trump i think it more just white shoe salesman talk....ie. bullshit and then more bullshit

the UK were slow off the mark

 

brazil, the us, specific us states really do not have great strategies

this is a long game

only country likely for travel for us is nz

international airlines? a lot of them are stuffed

cannot see oz letting flights in for a long time while it is still going bad elsewhere

Trump isn’t the most touchy feely person in the world but I disagree on your comments about him.   He has been following what his experts have been telling him to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Trump isn’t the most touchy feely person in the world but I disagree on your comments about him.   He has been following what his experts have been telling him to do.

You are kidding?

purple sarcastic font missing?

who Jared or Ivanka?

fauci has been made quiet

rewatch the light / disinfectant briefing and come back to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, furr_ball said:

rewatch the light / disinfectant briefing and come back to me...

Mate the disinfectant thing is new ...but his get "light into your body" trip has being going for a while.

DHxqVZ2XoAE1zlm.jpeg

DAb-3W0XYAAkwhL.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

  He has been following what his experts have been telling him to do.

You mean the experts where not one has  either a health care or economics background and two are family members banging each other.

What could go wrong?

EVgYYjjWoAUf8cp.jpeg.82820dffcaeca090da9031ca0fc03090.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

One thing is for sure,  international travel is dead until all of these dickhead countries start getting serious. 

Fuck me, it's not exactly rocket science. 

I wonder what will happen to the international airlines when faced with no passengers for the next 12-24 months?

It should have been a more sustainable 3 months if the back of the pack got off their arses and played catch-up.  With the governors of some US states and countries like Brazil, you have no choice but to ostracise the entire country.

I'm more worried about this than I am about contracting the bloody thing, the international fallout will make the gun toting protests look like kids playing dress up.  

 

 

 

I fear Americans are going to be belled like lepers for years in international travel, no matter where we've actually been.

It's like we come from one of those countries on the "risk" lists where you need shots, X-Rays, and exams when you come back to the first world if you do more than change planes in an airport there. I think Trump had a word for places like that, started with S, ended with "hole".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

It is finding a lot more voters in the US....could be a vote winner.

 

 

60 seconds was enough and I feel substantially more stupid for it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mad said:

60 seconds was enough and I feel substantially more stupid for it.  

Mate I'm glad to hear that. The only reason I posted it was to make more people more stupid so I could move towards the surface of the gene pool and gain natural immunity. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, furr_ball said:

He has been following what his experts have been telling him to do.

Maybe he was "following" expert advice....  but I think you are forgetting about his "time lag" issues.

PS. ..and the experts had nothing to do with the vacuum cleaner thing, that was his idea.

IMG_20200418_184019.jpg.def4ba1ec3f1702f08b7732db485b579.jpg

1586225511158.thumb.jpg.2f63a63279d7feeabf5247938c36da3c.jpg EWYC-tuXkAAj29F.jpeg.306e16aafbfefb03d50d0a21537680a9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, furr_ball said:

i struggle to understand the.....this is nothing people group.....

Shortly after the Florida restaurants and bars were closed, some neighbors on the block began a MWF "social distancing" get together on a vacant lot.  Bring a chair, a drink and chat 5PM - 7PM. 

We were out for a walk on Friday and ran into them.  They were all cheering the reopening of the restaurants.  One lady said she can't wait to dine out again.  I jokingly asked, "How do you eat while wearing a mask?"  She said she won't wear a mask, almost as if proud of that fact.  She also believes in just letting herd immunity weed out the weak.

WTF?!?!

That kind of attitude can only come from someone who doesn't give a shit about their fellow man and believes they will not be affected by this pandemic. 

How can anyone be so clueless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jules said:

That kind of attitude can only come from someone who doesn't give a shit about their fellow man and believes they will not be affected by this pandemic. 

How can anyone be so clueless?

It’s something the writers of shows like SNL, The daily show, Last week tonight etc. are probably finding difficult.  For the last 4 years mocking Trump has been easy and he’s still providing plenty of content, but they have to be careful not to be seen to be celebrating the US death toll while still pointing out he’s a plonker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Maybe he was "following" expert advice....  but I think you are forgetting about his "time lag" issues.

PS. ..and the experts had nothing to do with the vacuum cleaner thing, that was his idea.

IMG_20200418_184019.jpg.def4ba1ec3f1702f08b7732db485b579.jpg

1586225511158.thumb.jpg.2f63a63279d7feeabf5247938c36da3c.jpg EWYC-tuXkAAj29F.jpeg.306e16aafbfefb03d50d0a21537680a9.jpeg

Jack...

you quoted rok dog, not me

not my words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, furr_ball said:

Jack...

you quoted rok dog, not me

not my words

Sorry furr my bad..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US polling shows Conservatives/Republican, white, older rich cunts reakon they carry natural immunity or maybe think this ugly virus bitch just attacks poor, latino Democrats. 

Anyway Convid is making some of them do some pretty bat shit crazy stuff that the Orangeman likes to see.

Nothing beats promoting disunity to fight a pandemic


 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Americans are going to get a bit of a shock about how they are regarded as a pariah. World epicentre for spread outside China and now won't properly fix it.

True. I can read it in the news articles pretty clearly. We are dead in the water

3 hours ago, Jules said:

How can anyone be so clueless?

Sounds like my sister, the ex-nurse from Florida. She’s out shopping every day and trying to get into our house and visit with my Dad, who, at his age, doesn’t get it either.
 

I stopped working for a woman in early March after she kept showing up at her new house that I was painting for her. She was shopping and “getting her walk in” at big stores and trying to give me a coffee or sandwich from a convenience store every time she showed up. I told her I couldn’t risk getting the virus from her and she thought I was kidding-until about a day later when she started calling me. I’ll call her back in a few weeks... maybe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 6 weeks ago, a guy down the block put up a new American flag and new Trump on his flag pole facing the canal.  They are now both in tatters.

The other day we saw a couple of boats going down the canal with big Trump flags flying off their sterns.  Both flags were faded and frayed.

China doesn't make very long lasting flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

True. I can read it in the news articles pretty clearly. We are dead in the water

Sounds like my sister, the ex-nurse from Florida. She’s out shopping every day and trying to get into our house and visit with my Dad, who, at his age, doesn’t get it either.
 

I stopped working for a woman in early March after she kept showing up at her new house that I was painting for her. She was shopping and “getting her walk in” at big stores and trying to give me a coffee or sandwich from a convenience store every time she showed up. I told her I couldn’t risk getting the virus from her and she thought I was kidding-until about a day later when she started calling me. I’ll call her back in a few weeks... maybe

Without mentioning city names,  I have a major client that is pressuring me / my company to send a team,  including me, to start and finish a graywater irrigation system and landscape. 

This city in western Texas is taking CV as a joke. No masks.... it's considered to be no worse than the flu.  This city also has one of the top 10 meat processing plants in the world. 

Construction industry there has not changed practices,  equipment sharing, close team work as normal. 

Faux news has a lot to answer for. 

It officially only has 40 cases.  There are more.  But as far as they are concerned it is a world away and in any case west Texans are tough. 

West Texas bravado is going to bite them in the butt.

They are pissed with me, my only saving grace is I have a full body coverage of pimple like spots. Probably about 1,000 of them. Have seen photos from med websites with very similar speed rash caused by cv.

So I am in isolation for at least another 2 weeks,  just in case. Had blood tests,  but can't get a cv test!, because I don't  have a fever. 

btw Dallas county (pop 2.6m) is currently about 700 new cases per week,  and rising.  Official restrictions lifted yesterday,  apart from alcohol only bars. 

Social distancing in my area was pretty good until abott Monday when abott announced his changes.  I'd say probably half people are taking it seriously. And the other half effort is dissolving quickly. 

I'm not really sure how Texans are going to deal with it in about 6 weeks. Most will be back at work with no choice,  and a pandemic starting to rage again but with an enormous head start compared to back in March. 

Mental health is going to take a beating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Americans are going to get a bit of a shock about how they are regarded as a pariah. World epicentre for spread outside China and now won't properly fix it. 

Really, more so than Western Europeans? Because many of those countries are also relaxing lockdowns while others have similar mortality/capita to US. Don’t you think the “I hate America” crap is getting a little old?

If anything, no one is going to travel anywhere internationally until they have antibodies or undergo quarantine (both ways). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

st5.thumb.jpg.6f3ee4a72abfea72ec7f833da591bf81.jpg

Thank you for posting this.  All should read.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Really, more so than Western Europeans? Because many of those countries are also relaxing lockdowns while others have similar mortality/capita to US. Don’t you think the “I hate America” crap is getting a little old?

If anything, no one is going to travel anywhere internationally until they have antibodies or undergo quarantine (both ways). 

The big difference between the us and western Europe to my mind is national response vs individual state response. 

At least Europe can control country borders.  I don't see the us imposing state border control,  and even with just one renegade state,  the entire us reputation remains shot.  

Regardless,  yes quarantine out and in for at least 18 months,  unless some treatment found. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several dumb people came by my Dad’s house yesterday to visit, 3 from out of state. They stayed apart on a 1,000 square foot deck, but fuck!, why not stay the fuck away for another couple of weeks. All of them used the bathroom and my sister was inside the house on the second floor. I spent hours yesterday decontaminating the house:angry:
 

I don’t need a dead Dad in another month, so fuck going back to work and making money until the threat has been reduced to a minimal level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Several dumb people came by my Dad’s house yesterday to visit, 3 from out of state. They stayed apart on a 1,000 square foot deck, but fuck!, why not stay the fuck away for another couple of weeks. All of them used the bathroom and my sister was inside the house on the second floor. I spent hours yesterday decontaminating the house:angry:
 

I don’t need a dead Dad in another month, so fuck going back to work and making money until the threat has been reduced to a minimal level.

Not to be insensitive, but why are you bitching about this on an internet forum instead of to your dad?

Or maybe at 88 years old, he doesn’t feel spending the little time he has left isolated and alone? Some people look at this as there’s more to life than just staying alive.

I doubt that another “few weeks” will make a big difference, this is new normal for years maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Not insensitive,  he can’t grasp that he isn’t immortal and that’s dangerous for him.  He has a great opinion of his mental and physical capacity not unlike Trump. It’s amazing to watch him operate daily. 
 

All the people that came over all called him the day before I guess and I didn’t know they were coming as I was working on the deck. Had to stop and move to the other side of the property. Our Governor shouldn’t have loosened up the State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfw_sailor said:

The big difference between the us and western Europe to my mind is national response vs individual state response. 

At least Europe can control country borders.  I don't see the us imposing state border control,  and even with just one renegade state,  the entire us reputation remains shot.  

Regardless,  yes quarantine out and in for at least 18 months,  unless some treatment found. 

To carry this thought experiment forward...

Wouldn’t everyone in this renegade state soon become infected then? In which case they will have either died, moved to a lockdown state, or recovered and become immune? In which case, by say... August, the renegade states will pose no greater risk than anywhere else.

But regarding Europe, if this lasts for 2+ years, I don’t see how the EU can survive in its present form, given that free movement is a core principle. So I speculate the US and Europe will end up the same place by the end of this year - with 30-40% immunity/recovered and some restrictions but nothing like what we have now.

Tourist destinations like the Caribbean will have either accepted risk or reverted to impoverished 3rd world hell holes without the trade and tourism dollars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

To carry this thought experiment forward...

Wouldn’t everyone in this renegade state soon become infected then? In which case they will have either died, moved to a lockdown state, or recovered and become immune? In which case, by say... August, the renegade states will pose no greater risk than anywhere else.

But regarding Europe, if this lasts for 2+ years, I don’t see how the EU can survive in its present form, given that free movement is a core principle. So I speculate the US and Europe will end up the same place by the end of this year - with 30-40% immunity/recovered and some restrictions but nothing like what we have now.

Tourist destinations like the Caribbean will have either accepted risk or reverted to impoverished 3rd world hell holes without the trade and tourism dollars.

 

We differ on the extent. You say 30 to 40, I'm sticking with 60 to 70. 

Europe..... I think they will establish quarantine infrastructure and processes for border crossings. There are already border closures.  Although Europe was unfortunate getting hit so hard,  so quickly,  I expect regulation commonality will occur, not including Britain in this view of Europe. 

Safe tourism is stuffed,  except for middle upper to uber rich,  because they will be the only ones able to afford the cost of ensuring front of house and back of house staff cannot be a source. 

Regional exceptions of course. E.g. maybe in a few months Aus nz will open up cross tourism.

Maybe similar pairings in other locations such as se Asia.

China wil continue with inbound quarantine until there is a treatment. 

India is totally unknown  I get different reports from Indian employee than what I read in media.

Russia is starting to get interesting.  I'm not sure how cooperative the population will remain. 

On a completely different track, my local government and local housing construction contacts across Texas are already taking about a significant exodus from big cities to smaller towns, with a focus back on single family with landscape, away from multi family. 

This is looking to have a significant impact on the massively overdeveloped multifamily market in dallas fort worth. Sorry,  way off the current topic,  but interesting to see the ramifications starting to become real. 

 

Edited by dfw_sailor
Typo...... I hate swype on my phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to add,  I expect a decent amount of the population in a renegade state will attempt to escape when it hits the fan again,  and transport the virus with them.  

Similar arguments around a renegade state opening up beach restrictions while surrounding states don't,  encouraging cross jurisdiction travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Forgot to add,  I expect a decent amount of the population in a renegade state will attempt to escape when it hits the fan again,  and transport the virus with them.

I think this is all a huge “it depends”. Once the true mortality rates are widely known - prob in the .4-.8% range, and much less among younger, could see big shifts in public risk tolerance.  

That could actually lead to big exodus away from restrictive states. What 20-30 year olds are going to stay in - for example - Illinois under a perpetual lockdown, with no jobs, no activities, no schools?  Especially if you already recovered from the virus?
 

** I personally suspect states/countries hit hardest first will recover soonest. “Herd immunity” isn’t really 80%, except in a theoretical homogeneous population that takes no precautions, and that just doesn’t exist the real world.  It’s probably half that, from a “this is a risk I can live with” perspective.*
 

*Because the first wave kills those most susceptible, infection should slow as the disease progresses, and some percentage probably are much less likely to get it at all.  Some nursing homes are probably looking at 40% fatalities, in those places there just are not many more potential victims left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Really, more so than Western Europeans? Because many of those countries are also relaxing lockdowns while others have similar mortality/capita to US. Don’t you think the “I hate America” crap is getting a little old?

If anything, no one is going to travel anywhere internationally until they have antibodies or undergo quarantine (both ways). 

We don’t hate America cupcake. One’s passport has nothing to do with hating dumbfucks like you. We hate you for being an ignorant, stupid, trump loving bitch. Now how are you going catching the Covidflu? Remember the sooner you all catch it, the sooner you can go back to your job at MacDonalds. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We hate you for being an ignorant, stupid, trump loving bitch.

Revealing. Although I don’t like nor have I voted for Trump or his party, your misguided belief that I do, means you hate me and are forced to disagree with anything I say... the voice of rationality there.

...also, you are aware that your country is separated from America right? (even though you eatch our tv) why do you fixate so much on what I hope will be a political aberration? Especially since you all chose an almost equal idiot for your president?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

** I personally suspect states/countries hit hardest first will recover soonest. 

Yes as usual you are all over it. Here in Aus we were smashed by the virus - our death toll is soaring towards 100 and yet we have virtually no new infections now and with in weeks will not even have anyone who has not recovered. And so you are right- restrictionists are lifting every where - I am reopening my business tomorrow - staff coming back to work and we will be back to pre-covid level of income with in a month.

Were you dropped on your head at birth or is your stupidity genetic?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Revealing. Although I don’t like nor have I voted for Trump or his party, your misguided belief that I do, means you hate me and are forced to disagree with anything I say... the voice of rationality there.

...also, you are aware that your country is separated from America right? (even though you eatch our tv) why do you fixate so much on what I hope will be a political aberration? Especially since you all chose an almost equal idiot for your president?

I hardly ever ‘eatch’ TV. 

Wait. Did you just say we have a president?

You are the quintessential ugly American. But a spectacularly ignorant cunt by any countries standard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'd say Texas social distancing pretty much died this week.

It's gusty today,  don't need a work out, no sailing today. Checked boat just now. 

Photos are crap due to full phone zoom from boat to shore. With binocs I counted 200 in those 2 photos.   No masks. Intermingling.  5 pontoon boats in this little bay area,  each with 8 to 12 souls.  Clearly not immediate family only. 

Windsurfer bay,  lake ray Hubbard,  Texas.   (Dallas).

 

20200503_151813.jpg

20200503_151843.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Charles Darwin dude knew his shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes as usual you are all over it. Here in Aus we were smashed by the virus - our death toll is soaring towards 100 and yet we have virtually no new infections now and with in weeks will not even have anyone who has not recovered. And so you are right- restrictionists are lifting every where - I am reopening my business tomorrow - staff coming back to work and we will be back to pre-covid level of income with in a month.

Were you dropped on your head at birth or is your stupidity genetic?

I can't believe you didn't take the opportunity to move your business to a nicer colour of water ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t you like Aquamarine?

5276E0E2-B042-4870-B9E3-A32268DA99B7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh,  my bad.  All this time and I thought you were around the muddy waters of Brisbane.

Sincere apologies!

Sure beats the shit out of a green man made lake although lots of good wind here.  Fing miss bass strait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Said as an expat Melbournian of course

The water down Mornington can be very nice- pity that couple came back from Aspen and gave everyone at the yacht club down there the ‘Flu’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Oh,  my bad.  All this time and I thought you were around the muddy waters of Brisbane.

Sincere apologies!

Sure beats the shit out of a green man made lake although lots of good wind here.  Fing miss bass strait.

Moreton island is 10 miles from the river mouth - only about an hours sail for me- obviously it would take you a lot longer and I guess that is why you never got there.

CE85D7F9-39CF-424E-BBCF-B71DD67BE7B1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,  sorry,  I always gave your area a miss.  Except for business/CBD. Unfortunately missed out on the joys of fortitude valley.  Had a lot of ansett points flying in and out of whitsundays though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Yeah,  sorry,  I always gave your area a miss.  Except for business/CBD. Unfortunately missed out on the joys of fortitude valley.  Had a lot of ansett points flying in and out of whitsundays though.

Ansett. I read about them in a history book. Along with Compass, ANA, TAA and now Virgin and Tiger and many others. The Airline industry in Australia is a house of cards and now that creepy little Irish poof holds all the aces. It will now be cheaper to buy a new Riviera and burn 4000 litres of fuel to get to the Whitsundays than to fly cattle class to Hamo on big red rat airways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes as usual you are all over it. Here in Aus we were smashed by the virus - our death toll is soaring towards 100 and yet we have virtually no new infections now and with in weeks will not even have anyone who has not recovered. And so you are right- restrictionists are lifting every where - I am reopening my business tomorrow - staff coming back to work and we will be back to pre-covid level of income with in a month.

Were you dropped on your head at birth or is your stupidity genetic?

Good to hear that you're reopening your business tomorrow LB. Hope the road to recovery goes well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers mate- online stuff has been going gangbusters and the inquiry level for practical courses and charters is now at the same level as normal for this time of year. I am feeling very optimistic about the future. 

Hope you are well mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That Charles Darwin dude knew his shit.

Too bad it takes so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

We don’t hate America cupcake. One’s passport has nothing to do with hating dumbfucks like you. We hate you for being an ignorant, stupid, trump loving bitch. Now how are you going catching the Covidflu? Remember the sooner you all catch it, the sooner you can go back to your job at MacDonalds. 

You nasty cunt, you. I thought you hated us for our passports! Poor Trump needs love..

..or at least a lot of attention. Ivanka and Jared can’t provide enough. Melania either. 
 

Do they have a prenup?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes as usual you are all over it. Here in Aus we were smashed by the virus - our death toll is soaring towards 100 and yet we have virtually no new infections now and with in weeks will not even have anyone who has not recovered. And so you are right- restrictionists are lifting every where - I am reopening my business tomorrow - staff coming back to work and we will be back to pre-covid level of income with in a month.

Were you dropped on your head at birth or is your stupidity genetic?

Good news on getting back up and running. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That Charles Darwin dude knew his shit.

warned-you-motherfuckers-charles-darwin-32552785.png.64bc18e2adbcf9314f86c62dc04cb6a6.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I hardly ever ‘eatch’ TV. 

Wait. Did you just say we have a president?

You are the quintessential ugly American. But a spectacularly ignorant cunt by any countries standard.

I eatch less than you by a long shot, LB!

I thought your PM did a great job calling for an investigation into the covid virus. Far ahead of our President in confronting the facts...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mad said:

warned-you-motherfuckers-charles-darwin-32552785.png.64bc18e2adbcf9314f86c62dc04cb6a6.png

When you fuck your first cousin and your kids are close eyed, stubby fingered dolts, you know that you’re the iconoclast of demise.

Some of the clan here are ripe for ejection from Planet Dust.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousin fucker, Darwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

When you fuck your first cousin and your kids are close eyed, stubby fingered dolts, you know that you’re the iconoclast of demise.

Some of the clan here are ripe for ejection from Planet Dust.

 

 

3 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Cousin fucker, Darwin

WWvjYyB.thumb.jpg.758dce829584815ab70cb123cdaa2159.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and Twinbro! 
 

You know us?:lol:

 

Goddam barn door rudder ears!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, the drool brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Maybe he was "following" expert advice....  but I think you are forgetting about his "time lag" issues.

PS. ..and the experts had nothing to do with the vacuum cleaner thing, that was his idea.

IMG_20200418_184019.jpg.def4ba1ec3f1702f08b7732db485b579.jpg

1586225511158.thumb.jpg.2f63a63279d7feeabf5247938c36da3c.jpg EWYC-tuXkAAj29F.jpeg.306e16aafbfefb03d50d0a21537680a9.jpeg

Perhaps Trump should get this woman on his team.

  

1_PAY-CATERS_SPERM_SMOOTHIES_TO_BEAT_COR

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Perhaps Trump should get this woman on his team.

  

1_PAY-CATERS_SPERM_SMOOTHIES_TO_BEAT_COR

 

I’ve got to call bullshit on this.  You can’t have a sperm smoothie and call yourself a vegan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCARECROW said:

I’ve got to call bullshit on this.  You can’t have a sperm smoothie and call yourself a vegan.

Look, her husband has spent a lot of time convincing her, don’t ruin it for him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mad said:

Look, her husband has spent a lot of time convincing her, don’t ruin it for him. 

He's definitely a wanker though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine if Trump did hire her and pushed the smoothie as a way to reopen America. It would create bipartisan support with Democrat supporting males lining up at sperm banks to ensure a healthy supply of ingredients for Trump supporters to build their immunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

I’ve got to call bullshit on this.  You can’t have a sperm smoothie and call yourself a vegan.

Veganism is about not exploiting animals, so human sperm is ok. 
 

she would not have wanted to have a smoothie on Fear Factor
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dfw_sailor said:

This city in western Texas is taking CV as a joke. No masks.... it's considered to be no worse than the flu.  This city also has one of the top 10 meat processing plants in the world. 

One meat plant processing company in the US has over 1,000 cases. 

22 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Americans are going to get a bit of a shock about how they are regarded as a pariah. World epicentre for spread outside China and now won't properly fix it. 

 

11 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Don’t you think the “I hate America” crap is getting a little old?

 

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

We don’t hate America cupcake. One’s passport has nothing to do with hating dumbfucks like you. We hate you for being an ignorant, stupid, trump loving bitch. Now how are you going catching the Covidflu? Remember the sooner you all catch it, the sooner you can go back to your job at MacDonalds. 

"...sooner you can go back to your job at MacDonalds."

Not sure Cuntroversials job will be open soon unless McDonalds have him out foraging beside the road for old hamburgers to recycle.

That is pending the next shipment arriving from low COVID mortalty rate countries with high food security Cuntroversial declares "irrelevant."

Last Tuesday.

Trump orders meat-processing plants to continue operating amid pandemic

This included an order to shield companies from legal liability over failing to protect workers from the coronavirus.

Today

Coronavirus: US meat processing plants forced to close

"US facing a growing food crisis after meat processing plants forced to slow production or close because of outbreaks."

1176667033_images(73).png.02fd489f187e743e99b17f19a35fde72.png1260011913_images-2020-05-04T133603_194.jpeg.a168b29f5fb0085de2354e6350d6018e.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

You nasty cunt, you. I thought you hated us for our passports! Poor Trump needs love..

..or at least a lot of attention. Ivanka and Jared can’t provide enough. Melania either. 

Do they have a prenup?

"Do they have a prenup?"

WTF ..Ivanka and Fucko the Çlown are married?? ....did he declare bigamy legal countrywide or just for himself?

images - 2020-03-02T174712.580.jpeg

 

Did you ever think why Trump's women all stand the same when he is around?

IMG_20200503_183429.jpg.4dc2eb6320fc78b8cd1d2d4078d0c13d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy frigid shit!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trump ups the expected number, expect more revisions....?

but he believes a vaccine by end of year.....

oh...most experts say 12 - 18 months...mmmm... who would I trust

this from our ABC in oz, reasonably reliable source

Donald Trump says he expects up to 90,000 US deaths from coronavirus

Donald Trump sits while speaking to reporters in front of a large statue of Abraham Lincoln
Donald Trump said the US needed to open safely but "as quickly as possible".(AP Photo: Evan Vucci)

US President Donald Trump has increased his projection for the total number of deaths in the country from coronavirus to between 80,000 and 90,000, up by more than 20,000 on what he had suggested a few weeks ago.

The death toll stands at 67,680, far more than the 28,884 who have died in Italy, the second-worst-hit country.

Mr Trump was speaking during a Fox News virtual town hall from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

He said the United States needed to "open safely but as quickly as possible", and was optimistic about the country's ability to bounce back.

"It is horrible to go through, but it is working out," he said.

Mr Trump said he believed a vaccine could be available by the end of the year. However, US public health officials have said a vaccine is probably a year to 18 months away.

While the daily death toll in America's worst-hit state, New York, is declining, the rest of the country still appears to be "climbing the curve", according to ABC reporter Casey Briggs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shouldn’t be so quick to judge.

They all might be waiting for elective surgery to resume for their vagina lifts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil doing well.......

Brazil becomes first country in Latin America to record 100,000 cases

Jair Bolsonaro gives a thumbs up with a wide smile on his face
Jair Bolsonaro, who previously called coronavirus a "little flu", gives a thumbs up to supporters on Sunday (local time).(AP Photo: Eraldo Peres)

The total number of coronavirus cases in Brazil has risen above 100,000, making it the ninth country to reach that mark.

There were 4,588 new cases and 275 deaths in the last day, according to Brazil's Health Ministry.

On Sunday (local time), Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro gave a speech to hundreds of supporters in which he attacked Congress and the courts, underlining his increasing isolation as he downplays the impacts of coronavirus on Latin America's largest country.

He previously dismissed coronavirus as a "little flu" and said the economic fallout of quarantining measures would be deadlier that the virus itself.

Dozens of public figures have signed an open letter to the Brazilian Government calling on officials to protect the nation's indigenous people, who often live in remote locations with limited access to healthcare.

The Government has banned people from entering indigenous reserves during the pandemic. However, the state has also cut down on law enforcement against illegal loggers and miners in remote regions as a safety measure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

** I personally suspect states/countries hit hardest first will recover soonest. 

 

11 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Were you dropped on your head at birth or is your stupidity genetic?

LB I'm going for underwater home birth in the swimming pool... bang on midnight blown out of Mum's vagina like a cruise missile....BUT at the same time the pool light blew ..no torch and sun up 6 hours away.

So we have 

"** I personally suspect states/countries hit hardest first will recover soonest."  

PLUS

14 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Really, more so than Western Europeans? Because many of those countries are also relaxing lockdowns while others have similar mortality/capita to US. 

"Because many of those (Euro) countries are also relaxing lockdowns.."

So far following Cuntroversial train of thought is easy to follow.

Then

12 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

But regarding Europe, if this lasts for 2+ years, I don’t see how the EU can survive in its present form, given that free movement is a core principle. So I speculate the US and Europe will end up the same place by the end of this year -

"So I speculate the US and Europe will end up the same place by the end of this year -"

At this point you come to realise Cuntroversials train of thought is the Caboose. So to use a train analogy.

This graph shows passenger per day falling onto the train tracks. The US 2,000 a day for the last 3 weeks and no let up in sight. The US and Europe are different trains on different mountains and going to different stations. The European train is at the back of a large hill going downhill and gathering speed and where less passengers fall off.

Note: Mountains and Hills...a picture of a really large US Plateau and large European Hill also for you Cuntroversial as it appears you can't read graphs or maps.

EXC7enTXYAEZrW7.thumb.jpeg.0954acd8404a94e333a95c834741ad2b.jpeg887245156_images-2020-04-25T221935_816.jpeg.db47a0fee12b9e590be6960d31dee169.jpeg.4b51579fa44ea29cb7ba11b03c6b7eae.jpeg

382852700_images-2020-05-03T153640_057.jpeg.f0c1729c6a5fcb4cba969100d3de0137.jpeg

And if you are wondering if the US train has enough new passengers jumping on board to maintain that plateau trajectory, it seems it is a case of ignore platform social distancing and they are lining up six deep to get on board.

These two charts ignore New York State station as it gets blamed for over crowding and without it there would be more Conductors checking people's tickets and to see if they are fit to travel.

Both plateaus too....well that is going to keep the train full and maintains numbers of those that won't make it to the final station in December.

EXDHdJgXQAoxCuE.thumb.jpeg.84e928497e6b287ccd9965fdd48552e0.jpegEXDPReHWoAQXBED.thumb.jpeg.6198e776fa8dbc2e79a0c2a99cd1324c.jpeg

So that is compartitive train capacity, Conductors testing, passengers falling off and current train routes.

Now to the two trains on a per capita basis as you claim. 

And "Western Europeans? Because many of those countries are also relaxing lockdowns while others have similar mortality/capita to US."

So when the European and US trains get to their respective stations the number of passengers no longer on board will be the same per capita. Unfortunately no.

These 2 graphs show new passengers and  passenger loss on a per capita basis. They also extract that pesky high per capita New York station from the US train. Similiarly stations from Europe both high and low per capita AND showing remaining stations as Rest of Europe Oriental Express route.

The US train is having more people jump on board and is throwing more passengers onto the tracks per capita than Europe combined.

EW4c7f-WAAA6-mJ.jpeg.19ca86b89f376909052cb1d014b09341.jpegEW4c7gEWkAA1KgX.thumb.jpeg.8e5297f7635c16cb757f39c9f0055573.jpeg

Cuntroversial that indicates for the same per capita passenger loss to occur between the US and European trains at year end as you claim, one of three things must occur.

- The US train goes over a cliff shortly, but miraculously the train and everyone onboard survives and it keeps chugging on its merry way arriving at the station at Xmas losing only a few more passengers even though more get on a already over crowded train.

OR

- The European train gets taken off the main track and defying railway engineering science starts climbing a new hill where there are no stations to pick up passengers and more passengers get thrown under the tracks every day.

OR

A car flys over the European train throwing out more passengers, some landing on the trains roof to eventually go under tracks or hitting the tracks there and then.

1520859083_unnamed(13).gif.5094e1c77d3656b41cf2bc8ba229ec0f.gif

Cuntroversial there are three scenarios to support your claim that the per capita passenger loss between the US and Europe will be the same at year end.

Don't let me stop you though. I'm sure you have other equally plausible explanations to pull out of your arse to keep us entertained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 5:12 AM, jack_sparrow said:

You mean the experts where not one has  either a health care or economics background and two are family members banging each other.

What could go wrong?

EVgYYjjWoAUf8cp.jpeg.82820dffcaeca090da9031ca0fc03090.jpeg

 

A4CD9184-1075-407E-BA8A-D7D29F011A5A.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^^^ The UK version with Prime Minister Johnson.

 

EWmSiwlXgAIKgzE.jpeg.23775a9be0190b1b84daf33faa8be803.jpeg

"Chaps I know you're scientists and all that... but we are going to reopen the beach and I'm going to say it was all your idea."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Michigan police are investigating whether a security guard at a Flint dollar store was fatally shot by a man who refused to wear a face mask, which is required by state law in enclosed public spaces. Calvin Munerlyn, a 43-year-old father of six, was shot in the head at the Family Dollar store on Friday and later died in a nearby hospital. “We’re seeing a lot of these reports on social media, so we’re investigating them,” Michigan State Police 1st Lt. David Kaiser told Detroit News. “We’ll talk to all the potential witnesses.” A vigil was held on Sunday night for Munerlyn, which reportedly attracted about 150 people. “He was with my kids every day. He helped them with everything,” his wife, Latryna Sims-Munerlyn, told MLive. “That man was a legend out here, from troubled teenagers that he helped to taking care of his babies, his wife, his home.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar-store-security-guard-calvin-munerlyn-may-have-been-fatally-shot-over-face-mask-dispute-police-say?ref=home

CoVid is certainly bringing out the loony in people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, that is real sad

do not want to start a gun debate.....in the middle of a pandemic.....when is enough....enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

LB I'm going for underwater home birth in the swimming pool... bang on midnight blown out of Mum's vagina like a cruise missile....BUT at the same time the pool light blew ..no torch and sun up 6 hours away.

 

 

 

 

thought this was damn funny, laughed out load and my friends sitting with me wanted to know what was so funny.......

couldn't read the rest, man you can write....

 

(oh, family and only 2 visiting, having dinner, social appropriate distancing too....:-))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, furr_ball said:

couldn't read the rest, man you can write....

Isolation is known to effect people's minds :blink:

Yes Cuntroversials birth was a toss up between an underwater one or normal....well save for dropped..bouncing off the floor ..hitting the ceiling fan ...shot out through door..tumbled down 4 flights of stairs..into the parking lot.. to be then run over..dragged up the inter-state ...shot out into the woods..and raised by squirrels.

I decided on the abreviated version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is now starting to make sense.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:12 PM, jack_sparrow said:

You mean the experts where not one has  either a health care or economics background and two are family members banging each other.

What could go wrong?

EVgYYjjWoAUf8cp.jpeg.82820dffcaeca090da9031ca0fc03090.jpeg

 

8 hours ago, phillysailor said:

 

A4CD9184-1075-407E-BA8A-D7D29F011A5A.jpeg

EVg26AkXsAA-H_1.thumb.jpeg.e8f4ef0c206010b0384debca77b38ae1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites