The thick line below shows the French army leaving France to invade Russia. It gets narrower as lives are lost. The black line is the returning army. It's overlayed with a map, you can see how deadly it was to cross the rivers in the thick of winter.

- Compare departed to returned.

- This a graph about life, death, and leadership. However, no matter how hard you squint, there is a name you will not find in the graph.

1240084999_ScreenShot2020-05-04at6_52_41PM.png.2097e7917c5bf140a2f12246f59b8e3b.png

For the US, the COVID 19 projections were roughly a bell curve. Now CDC estimates look like this:

image.png.f8eea769591df5359c75c9d6218a38e6.png

That slope up, instead of down, are hundreds of deaths per day, adding up to thousands of deaths that could have been avoided with an effective lockdown and associated proactive measures.  Like other countries have done -- NZ, Taiwan and Germany are good references, with a variety of variables some similar others different to the US.

This is a graph of life, death, and leadership.

Bonus commentary:

- the first graph was created by Joseph Minard, and made famous in recent years by Ed Tufte - more detailed discussion https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march

- for full effect, the second graph should be overlaid with the original projections, I expect it'll look something like the image below, with the triangle that forms on the right highlighted.

image.png.a2e4d319b5a8504e4b25914ce0a5e07f.png

There is a lot going on here that goes beyond leadership but yes the orange turnip was a total fucking moron in January and Feb with the one exception being shutting China flights (but forgetting to shut EU and all oothers.)

The reality is starting to become apparent: This disease (whcih theChinese hid for weeks) was already circulating in the US by December. Hospitals were getting people with severe flu who tested negative for flu.

Our goose was actually cooked by Jan 30.

Unlike Italy which is a small country, we are a huge federation of states. Everything is different in terms of suppression, etc. NY is kind of like Italy. And similar results. The whole country is not like Italy. And we need food. It is a complicated mess. I will however agree with your suspicion that there is no deep thinking going on at the white house. Only reaction.

• Like 1

And it could be the reason Trump is a one term president. Nobody likes one term presidents unless their name is Jimmy Carter. People like the man but not his presidential policy. No one likes Trump, but he has done many of the things he told the voters he would do, even with pushback from the Democrats. It will be very interesting come early fall.

@fastyacht Leadership is complex, isn't it? Are they reacting? Are they thinking? What are they reacting to, or thinking about? Is it people's wellbeing? Is it polls/reelection prospects? Is it money in their pocket? Is it "have they been nice to me"?

@Sail4beer It could be the reason he's a one-termer. Or the reason you, or me, or someone we care about dies way too early. That French campaign into Russia left a scar in French people.

Failures of leadership can be stark when the stakes are high. 

3 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

Bonus commentary:

- the first graph was created by Joseph Minard, and made famous in recent years by Ed Tufte - more detailed discussion https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march

- for full effect, the second graph should be overlaid with the original projections, I expect it'll look something like the image below, with the triangle that forms on the right highlighted.

image.png.a2e4d319b5a8504e4b25914ce0a5e07f.png

Odd that the 'reported deaths' are much greater than the 'modelled' ones.  Quite a bit, given the log scale; on 4/15 reported deaths are 5X the modeled ones.  

Makes me question the rest of the modelling.   

38 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Odd that the 'reported deaths' are much greater than the 'modelled' ones.  Quite a bit, given the log scale; on 4/15 reported deaths are 5X the modeled ones.  

Makes me question the rest of the modelling.   

I get it, but the principle holds with models that have a better fit. Go through the IMHE graphs. What they predicted a week ago, vs what they predict now.

Let go of the misleading nitpicks. 

5 hours ago, fastyacht said:

There is a lot going on here that goes beyond leadership but yes the orange turnip was a total fucking moron in January and Feb with the one exception being shutting China flights (but forgetting to shut EU and all oothers.)

The reality is starting to become apparent: This disease (whcih theChinese hid for weeks) was already circulating in the US by December. Hospitals were getting people with severe flu who tested negative for flu.

Our goose was actually cooked by Jan 30.

Unlike Italy which is a small country, we are a huge federation of states. Everything is different in terms of suppression, etc. NY is kind of like Italy. And similar results. The whole country is not like Italy. And we need food. It is a complicated mess. I will however agree with your suspicion that there is no deep thinking going on at the white house. Only reaction.

We too are a huge Federation of states and had the virus in January. Our death toll is now 95 and new infections are down to a handful each day- all traceable. The master stroke for us was the PM creating a ‘national cabinet’ with all the state premiers. The NZ Prime Minister has now joined it as well and we are looking at opening up travel with our mates across the Tasman. Going to be a real bonus for tourism on both sides of the ditch but the down side is that we can recommence sport between us and the cunts can resume kicking our arse in Rugby. 

Each state still has its own restrictions (Victoria has slightly less freedoms than North Korea) but the national approach to testing and containment has put us in great shape.

Surely anyone who puts a bullet in the Orange idiot would get pardoned? In reality the shooter should get his face on a banknote and a statue in the front yard of the White House. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Surely anyone who puts a bullet in the Orange idiot would get pardoned? In reality the shooter should get his face on a banknote and a statue in the front yard of the White House. 

I could give two shits about wherever you are from but it must be a dismal place given you live there.

All I can divine from your pathetic posts is that you are a HATER.  Do you really think it would  be a good thing for a U.S. president to be assassinated?  Honestly?  Or are you just spewing shit?

Hroth

27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Each state still has its own restrictions (Victoria has slightly less freedoms than North Korea)

lol. Ah well. All I hope is that the kiwis will take me back.

30 minutes ago, hrothgar said:

I could give two shits about wherever you are from but it must be a dismal place given you live there.

All I can divine from your pathetic posts is that you are a HATER.  Do you really think it would  be a good thing for a U.S. president to be assassinated?  Honestly?  Or are you just spewing shit?

Hroth

Yes it would be a wonderful thing - just like it was when Hitler died.  Brain dead fuckwits like you not only condone his actions, you want 4 more years of him. Even the fact that he has just caused the death of 70k (and counting) of your countrymen is not enough for you to see him for what he is. And I don’t give a flying fuck where you come from either cupcake- you are a fuckwit by any measure. That’s why you got to star in one of my hitler videos a few years back. Your name is still the noise my cat makes when he throws up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, martin 'hoff said:

lol. Ah well. All I hope is that the kiwis will take me back.

Sweet as Bro.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Victoria has slightly less freedoms than North Korea

Please tell me it ain't so.

My daughter lives quarantines there...

1 hour ago, hrothgar said:

Hroth

God I love this place.

(inside joke).

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Surely anyone who puts a bullet in the Orange idiot would get pardoned

GoFundMe? 

Probably something in their terms of service about sponsored assassins though...

He's about the one person who I wouldn't cry over if something happened to. The amount of harm he has caused is not quite Hitler level, but he does have a lot of blood on his hands from sheer stupidity.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Zonker said:

GoFundMe? 

Probably something in their terms of service about sponsored assassins though...

He's about the one person who I wouldn't cry over if something happened to. The amount of harm he has caused is not quite Hitler level, but he does have a lot of blood on his hands from sheer stupidity.

I agree but hitler was a much more likeable person.

2 hours ago, Laurent said:

Please tell me it ain't so.

My daughter lives quarantines there...

The people’s republic of Victoria with Chairman Andrews in charge is preparing to leave the Commonwealth of Australia and become a territory of China. It will make the Sydney to Hobart race a day shorter.

3 hours ago, hrothgar said:

Do you really think it would  be a good thing for a U.S. president to be assassinated? 

Do you really think it would  be a good thing for a U.S. president to be assassinated?

No it wouldn't be a good thing .....if they only did it once. Every Monday for a month the cunt should be shot in the dick about a zillion times and twice in head just in case his brain is vacationing there. 

Why?? Well he fucks around with the world economy for years with a trade war that diplomacy could have solved and has made the US the world's epicentre for a pandemic for starters.

EWpSLfMXkAAx6H8.jpeg.151810ba5ad7a8f09de5e08d152d79b4.jpeg

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

The people’s republic of Victoria with Chairman Andrews in charge is preparing to leave the Commonwealth of Australia and become a territory of China. It will make the Sydney to Hobart race a day shorter.

Chaircunt Andrews has already signed us up to 'belt and road' :angry:

6 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

Go through the IMHE graphs. What they predicted a week ago, vs what they predict now.

Agreed. No one should ever cite IMHE “models” again, except perhaps as a cautionary tale. It has no basis in epidemiology or accuracy, and at this point they are just “adjusting” it near daily to try to force it sometimes match the reported numbers.

It has consistently become less accurate the closer to the projected date and the more data it gets, the hallmark of a truly bad model. 

The sobering fact is that America wants Trump, there was no plot to get him elected. Americans on the whole resonate with his values, I dont buy that he was elected by a rigged system. He is the zeitgeist of the American soul. You have to look at the US in terms of empire, its citizens even though a few might complain are essentially proud of Trump and that he gives the world the finger, and you have to acknowledge he is NO DIFFERENT to many recent presidents, its just that he has no filter. Trump did not make the laws, he did not build the military he did not wage century long adventure to secure the worlds resources. Trump is what America is- get used to it.

We might have fun on SA mocking him but in reality its faux ridicule because America will relect him, they  dont want their lifestyle or global control threatened by a milksop and like a hand in glove that works out just fine for the plutocracy that run the place.

Complaining about Trump is missing the point, and the C19 deaths show that power is the ultimate intoxicant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes it would be a wonderful thing - just like it was when Hitler died.  Brain dead fuckwits like you not only condone his actions, you want 4 more years of him.

Good luck ever coming to the US, threats to elected leaders are a felony here.

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

We too are a huge Federation of states and had the virus in January. Our death toll is now 95 and new infections are down to a handful each day- all traceable. 

You have only 25 million people and many of those cases came on a single  cruise ship, greatly simplifying tracing cases. Please stop trying to compare Australia’s circumstances with Europe or the US, which have hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands of vectors.

Also, literally no one in the world cares about Australia other than as the butt of some joke. But enjoy your smug good fortune now, because China will just buy you in a decade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

So help me out here.  JFK gets assasinated for daring to challenge the Fed, no one died, except him.

Trump leads 70,000 people to their deaths because he is as think as two short planks ... and a corrupt liar.

Mmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, astro said:

So help me out here.  JFK gets assasinated for daring to challenge the Fed, no one died, except him.

Trump leads 70,000 people to their deaths because he is as think as two short planks ... and a corrupt liar.

Mmmmmmm

Ah bringing up JFK AND the Fed, always a sure sign you are talking to a nutter... Smile, nod, disengage...before they start ranting about the gold standard.

20 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Agreed. No one should ever cite IMHE “models” again, except perhaps as a cautionary tale. It has no basis in epidemiology or accuracy, and at this point they are just “adjusting” it near daily to try to force it sometimes match the reported numbers.

It has consistently become less accurate the closer to the projected date and the more data it gets, the hallmark of a truly bad model. 

Except they don't rely on a single model and this isn't a IMHE model moron.

EUeA7raWkAEfoRO.png

13 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Ah bringing up JFK AND the Fed, always a sure sign you are talking to a nutter... Smile, nod, disengage...before they start ranting about the gold standard.

Yep, you got nothing.

But you have learned a few things about lying for the fuckwit in charge.

24 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

So for leaders who are unelected and get threatened it's a misdemeanour...that makes sense now.

38 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

You have only 25 million people and many of those cases came on a single  cruise ship, greatly simplifying tracing cases. Please stop trying to compare Australia’s circumstances with Europe or the US, which have hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands of vectors.

Also, literally no one in the world cares about Australia other than as the butt of some joke. But enjoy your smug good fortune now, because China will just buy you in a decade.

They'd buy us now, but they want to own American arse first.

Cause, y'know, USA! USA! NUMBER FUCKING 1!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Controversial_posts said:

Also, literally no one in the world cares about Australia other than as the but of some joke. But enjoy your smug good fortune now, because China will just buy you in a decade.

"You have only 25 million people and many of those cases came on a single cruise ship, greatly simplifying tracing cases.

"Please stop trying to compare Australia’s circumstances with Europe or the US, which have hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands of vectors"

Try these per capita comparisons on for size fuckstick.

- Initial cases at 1 February, Australia along with Asia have the highest. The US had 2.

And your "hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands  of vectors" you reakon you have received? It wouldn't have anything to do with the 460,000 flights from China to the US since this virus was announced, with 40,000 from early February to early April where passengers arrived largely unscreened. Surely not.

- The Ruby Princess didn't dock until Thursday 19 March.

This is comparative testing on a per capita basis dated 8  March and Wednesday 18 March the day before docking on 29 March. US testing was non existent. Australia's one of the highest in the world then and still around half the rate it was to achieve.

The chart shows trajectory of compartitive cases per capita up until early April or two weeks after docking. Australia cases per capita is in the same postcode as the US and Europe, despite having a population density a fraction of both. The cases rate at the time the Ruby Princess docked were in decline and stayed in decline.

Cuntroversial this why Australia is now largely back at work after a soft closure and with less than 100 fatalities.

This is why you in your US bubble have chalked up 70K deaths and to get back to work it is going to cost north of another 2k a day so you are totally fucked. 

Cuntroversial you remain a very, very unintelligent human being. I use both terms very loosely.

PS. On "China will just buy you in a decade"....go look up and see who the US's largest creditor is.

Confirmed Cases Outside China 1 February

_110736706_globalmapfinal_feb1-nc.thumb.png.ef85269dfd460e5c999c83bc3abe80d5.png

Testing per Capita 8 March

ESwK08_XkAAL_tZ.jpeg

Testing per Capita 18 March

images (66).png

Confirmed Cases per Capita 5th April 

IMG_20200406_202353.jpg

EXC7enTXYAEZrW7.jpeg

Cuntroversial the only "gold standard" at the moment is nearly 2,000 Americans being put in body bags everyday and by Fucko the Clowns own predictions that he pretends don't exist will rise with lockdown easing... but hey suicide some drug abuse or this "bad flu".. what's the fucking difference.

BTW he must be getting it together...he didn't say "irrigation" instead of "mitigation" here, though not much difference as he is still pissing on you all and you seem to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

- Initial cases at 1 February, Australia along with Asia have the highest. The US had 2.

Are you really that obtuse? The “confirmed cases” in the US on February 1 is a pointless comparison, because (as you yourself have described) we were not doing much testing at all at that point.

Australia’s case on 1 Feb may have in fact been its index case, but the virus was already arriving undetected in Seattle and New York.  

2 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Why the fuck would I want to go back to the US again? I lived there in the 80's and loved it. But its broken now.

BTW 'LB 15' isn't my real name...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

You have only 25 million people and many of those cases came on a single  cruise ship, greatly simplifying tracing cases. Please stop trying to compare Australia’s circumstances with Europe or the US, which have hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands of vectors.

Your ignorance would be astounding if you were a citizen of any other county on earth except the US. Yes of course it was just one cruise ship. We never get any any visitors from China and very few Australians ever travel or work abroad. Did you know that the UK is an island as well, with just over twice our population? No of course you didn't. You have never been there either. 

You do know that Hitler wasn't born here right?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Cuntroversial this why Australia is now largely back at work after a soft closure and with less than 100 fatalities.

This is why you in your US bubble have chalked up 70K deaths and to get back to work it is going to cost north of another 2k a day so you are totally fucked.

No, the US-Australia comparison is just bad math.  It has to do with the implications exponential growth, which admittedly most humans have difficulty grasping.

Resources to mitigate the pandemic (testing, hospitals, tracing, etc) can generally be increased at a linear rate, up to a point.

However the virus can spread exponentially, and with greater density and population, sustain that exponential growth longer. 

This is why in the US (325 million) or western Europe (200 million) it quickly outstripped any response, especially as it had already spread widely by the time community spread  was recognized.

1 minute ago, Controversial_posts said:

No, the US-Australia comparison is just bad math.  It has to do with the implications exponential growth, which admittedly most humans have difficulty grasping.

Resources to mitigate the pandemic (testing, hospitals, tracing, etc) can generally be increased at a linear rate, up to a point.

However the virus can spread exponentially, and with greater density and population, sustain that exponential growth longer. 

This is why in the US (325 million) or western Europe (200 million) it quickly outstripped any response, especially as it had already spread widely by the time community spread  was recognized.

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Did you know that the UK is an island as well, with just over twice our population?

That you would compare Australia’s population density and travel/movement interconnections with the UK, from an epidemiological point of view suggests you don’t understand either country very well.

but fine, I’ll give you the  win. “Australia is the best country on earth and did the bestest at COvid, because they are not totally an island with a small population that is very far away from everyone, and also probably got lucky.”

Also bear in mind that you were just ending your summer, while the northern hemisphere  ending its winter. Respiratory illness tends to spread best in winter, but I am sure that had nothing to do with it, because you are all so socially concious amazing disease fighters down there.

19 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Are you really that obtuse? The “confirmed cases” in the US on February 1 is a pointless comparison, because (as you yourself have described) we were not doing much testing at all at that point.

Obtuse. You brought testing and cases up you fucktard wanting to compare them. Try owning your own useless shit.

3 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

Obtuse. You brought cases up you fucktard wanting to compare them. Try owning your own useless shit.

Confirmed cases is a very unuseful metric.

The real reason that the Antipodes are so successful has to do with bush fires.

7 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

That you would compare Australia’s population density and travel/movement interconnections with the UK, from an epidemiological point of view suggests you don’t understand either country very well.

but fine, I’ll give you the  win. “Australia is the best country on earth and did the bestest at COvid, because they are not totally an island with a small population that is very far away from everyone, and also probably got lucky.”

Also bear in mind that you were just ending your summer, while the northern hemisphere  ending its winter. Respiratory illness tends to spread best in winter, but I am sure that had nothing to do with it, because you are all so socially concious amazing disease fighters down there.

Settle down Petal. It is only the Flu after all.

21 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Australia’s case on 1 Feb may have in fact been its index case, but the virus was already arriving undetected in Seattle and New York.  

It was actually 10 cases to the US's 2.

As for the US's subsequent case numbers that has been dealt with, or do think the US was just unlucky? 

This is like conversing with a fucking monkey who has it.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

And your "hundreds of millions and received infections from likely hundreds or thousands  of vectors" you reakon you have received? It wouldn't have anything to do with the 460,000 flights from China to the US since this virus was announced, with 40,000 from early February to early April where passengers arrived largely unscreened. Surely not.

3 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

It is when you country is so fucked up they didn't do any to start with. So you think old orange balls has done well do you?

2 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Clearly this man is to credit for Australia’s amazing covid response. Now if they can just learn how to put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

9F4B47D9-AFFF-42D1-8A63-8CA489A61AD8.jpeg

You deny that Covid 19 is a serious illness yet you think a few bush fires in the Australian summer is extraordinary? That is some hole you are digging for yourself Dr Cunt_poster. 

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

As for the US's subsequent case numbers that has been dealt with, or do think the US was just unlucky?

Failed testing, late shut down of international travel, Unlucky, too big, too many different /inconsistent state responses/ incompetent federal response, failure to isolate nurses at nursing homes, plus the big one... NYC.

it’s intellectually  dishonest to blame it all one one thing, and I think you know that, even blinded as you are by politics...

12 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

The real reason that the Antipodes are so successful has to do with bush fires.

and snakes, crocs and other tourist eating pets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

That's why the Orange cunt is using them not counting body bags.....have you got yours monogrammed yet??? Better get a wriggle on.

13 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Don't forget the Poisonous everything.

14 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Failed testing, late shut down of international travel, Unlucky, too big, too many different /inconsistent state responses/ incompetent federal response, failure to isolate nurses at nursing homes, plus the big one... NYC.

it’s intellectually  dishonest to blame it all one one thing, and I think you know that, even blinded as you are by politics...

So in the US politicians longer make policy and budget decisions about pandemic planning and execution like the testing, international travel restrictions and health care capacity you mention there.

Have you got a committee of institutionalised retards like you who now pick a leader and meet weekly.. with him on video from his psychiatric facility?

EVutMyaWAAAYVfh.jpeg

10 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

And the drop bears.  Never forget the drop bears.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So in the US politicians longer make policy and budget decisions about pandemic planning and execution like the testing, international travel restrictions and health care capacity you mention there.

Have you got a committee of institutionalised retards like you who now pick a leader and meet weekly.. with him on video from his psychiatric facility?

EVutMyaWAAAYVfh.jpeg

We have suboptimal elections.

This is why in the US (325 million) or western Europe (200 million) i

Don't understand countries??Western Europe 200 million people???

What happened to Western Europes (31 countries out 44) 550 million people?

Are you saying 350 million have died of this virus already??? Is that what Fox News or your leader has told you?

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

What happened to Western Europes (31 countries out 44) comprising 550 million people?

Western Europe? Is that Iron Curtain still hanging around or what?

46 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Clearly this man is to credit for Australia’s amazing covid response. Now if they can just learn how to put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

9F4B47D9-AFFF-42D1-8A63-8CA489A61AD8.jpeg

Last time I looked the PM of Australia wasn't trying to bang his underage daughter.

839973454_images-2020-03-02T174712_580.jpeg.f70c66d1be0538fd57f973b1a2bb3938.jpeg

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck this exhausting work..might grab a beer

Just don't make it a Mexican beer.

6 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Western Europe? Is that Iron Curtain still hanging around or what?

I didn't include Turkey in the 550 million so squiggly line

32 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

My ex mother in law jumped off her fuckin broomstick and bit a 8 foot long brown snake...it was dead in 10 seconds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

My ex mother in law jumped off her fuckin broomstick and bit a 8 foot long brown snake...it was dead in 10 seconds.

This is where Paul Hogan got it from then.

54 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You deny that Covid 19 is a serious illness yet you think a few bush fires in the Australian summer is extraordinary? That is some hole you are digging for yourself Dr Cunt_poster. 

What are the odds of the cunt getting burnt to a crisp and catching it??

2 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

This is where Paul Hogan got it from then.

Nah he wouldn't have jumped off her when she bit him on the dick..the fuckin cow had no teeth.

• Like 1

Well lucky for you cunt face leadership in other countries is smarter than the useless cunt you have, who has tried to murder us all ...otherwise you will find food recycling a sobering experience...that is if you're still fucking alive.

427043024_images-2020-05-04T233947_464.jpeg.3008cf66b7b538f3229d5ef979bbfdf3.jpeg

Last Week

Trump orders meat-processing plants to continue operating amid pandemic

This included an order to shield companies from legal liability over failing to protect workers from the coronavirus.

This Week

Coronavirus: US meat processing plants forced to close

"US facing a growing food crisis after meat processing plants forced to slow production or close because of outbreaks."

1176667033_images(73).png.02fd489f187e743e99b17f19a35fde72.png1260011913_images-2020-05-04T133603_194.jpeg.a168b29f5fb0085de2354e6350d6018e.jpeg

Twattwit sparrow, still think the US only had a couple cases in Feb?  you’re blinded by your politics and can’t seem to understand  the pandemic was almost destined to overtake most of the developing world. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/months-before-florida-leaders-had-any-clue-coronavirus-was-creeping-through-the-state/ar-BB13EcEf

** its late, idk where I got 200 mil from, since I think I was citing  450 for eurozone last week. But forest for the trees...

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Where do you even get this from? Have you forgotten the reason you and Sparrow hated me in the first place? That’s right, it was because I said this virus was killing 80% of those on ventilators... does that sound like someone who thinks this isn’t a serious illness?

stupid old man from qld, sigh

2 hours ago, fastyacht said:
2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Do you have Murder Hornets yet? I can mail you some.

Twattwit sparrow, still think the US only had a couple cases in Feb?  

"Twattwit sparrow, still think the US only had a couple cases in Feb?"

Couple in February???

No, never have and never said. I did say; "2 confirmed at 1 February."

Cuntroversial so you struggle with numbers after "1" and big words like "at" and "confirmed."

What's your upper limit?

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

- Initial cases at 1 February, Australia along  with Asia have the highest. The US had 2.....

..Confirmed Cases Outside China 1 February

Where do you even get this from? Have you forgotten the reason you and Sparrow hated me in the first place? That’s right, it was because I said this virus was killing 80% of those on ventilators... does that sound like someone who thinks this isn’t a serious illness?

"..That’s right, it was because I said this virus was killing 80% of those on ventilators... does that sound like someone who thinks this isn’t a serious illness?.."

Dr Death you seemed to have forgotton your bits here about underwhelmed health care, hospitals laying of staff in early April at the peak, ventilator shortages were a "red herring" as they were useless and fuck once those in need hit hospital they were dead anyway and if not, brain damaged.

Cuntroversials you really deserve to get this virus big time behind your eyeballs, whacked on one of your shit ventilators and there is no staff as they are on your forced holidays. 

Really hope you pull through.

IMG_20200424_160238.jpg.0f2599cf1950693017a846907ab29203.jpg

4 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

** its late, idk where I got 200 mil from, since I think I was citing  450 for eurozone last week. But forest for the trees.

"** its late, idk where I got 200 mil from, since I think I was citing 450 for eurozone last week. But forest for the trees."

Nice try pulling a 450m Eurozone cite last week out of your arse. You really love your lies don't you Cuntroversial.

You didn't know what the EuroZone was last week, thinking it was all of Europe, no idea of country numbers and identity and cited no population number at all.

It is 350m by the way and smaller than Western Europes 550m so your still 150m out if you were supposedly mixed up.

Lying cunt.

9 hours ago, toad said:

The sobering fact is that America wants Trump, there was no plot to get him elected.

He received 46.1% of the 55.7% of voters who chose to vote (source). So only 25.7% of US voters actually voted for him.

Trump is a consequence of an archaic and idiotic voting system which meant that, despite losing the popular vote by a significant margin, he managed 304 electoral votes to 227, turning a primary vote deficit of 2.1% into an electoral vote winning margin of 33.7%.

By comparison, in 2012 Obama won the popular vote from Romney by 51.1% to 47.2% resulting in an electoral vote result of 332 to 206.

That is a truely weird system.

• Like 2

Yeah but he's there so people support him by omission,

Hows this for a very clever American, prescient:

• Like 1

^^^^^^^

If you are short on time from 14.00 - 21.00 is instructive bearing in mind this is 13 years ago so DNA driven Testing work was then in early stages and has now been achieved, which makes today's response timeframe of some nations quite appalling.

IMG_20200316_144909.jpg.cfcacdf58df055e9cfd495c63043fc72.jpg.c3b300a21d5324a87fe8ab58e98d6ede.jpg

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Dr Death you seemed to have forgotton your bits here about underwhelmed health care, hospitals laying of staff in early April at the peak, ventilator shortages were a "red herring" as they were useless and fuck once those in need hit hospital they were dead anyway and if not, brain damaged.

No I didn’t forget this, and yes, many hospitals HAVE had to lay off staff. Because when they canceled all elective procedures 2 months ago, didn’t need all the non-er, non-icu staff.  Its been all over press for weeks, some rural hospitals are likely to go under.

35 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

ETfVDc5WkAQj6VE.jpeg.48011d1c8ace8bea64e8ceac3de7bb5e.jpeg

No I didn’t forget this, and yes, many hospitals HAVE had to lay off staff. Because when they canceled all elective procedures 2 months ago, didn’t need all the non-er, non-icu staff.  Its been all over press for weeks, some rural hospitals are likely to go under.

So in America elective surgery was cancelled in the first week of March when in the US there had been 11 deaths, and Hospital non ICU staff were laid off.

On 1 April the CDC, U.S. Surgeon General and American College of Surgeons recommended hospitals cancel elective surgeries. Hospital staffing shortages over a 2 week peak period in April has probably killed more people than any other direct cause.

You are so fucked in the head it defies imagination.

IMG_20200506_211501.jpg

@jack_sparrow  sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending its not happening doesn’t change  anything.  Literally a 1 sec google search confirms my point  about hospital layoffs, you just can’t concede you are ever wrong, can you?

Hospital are laying off workers in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic https://www.vox.com/2020/4/8/21213995/coronavirus-us-layoffs-furloughs-hospitals

234 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19 https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/49-hospitals-furloughing-workers-in-response-to-covid-19.html   

Thousands of healthcare workers are laid off or furloughed as coronavirus spreads https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-02/coronavirus-california-healthcare-workers-layoffs-furloughs

Even in Michigan, very hard hit, they had to lay off healthcare workers because without elective procedures, theres nothing for most of them to do and no money coming in...

Michigan Medicine to lay off workers, delay construction of new hospital https://www.michiganradio.org/post/michigan-medicine-lay-workers-delay-construction-new-hospital  

The job cuts are part of a plan, announced today by Michigan Medicine, to address a financial loss of up to $230 million projected for the fiscal year that ends on June 30, 2020. The health system expects the losses to continue into the 2021 fiscal year.

Michigan Medicine says the losses arise from caring for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic and from having to postpone many non-emergency procedures and services.

11 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Not an Aussie, but a dose of reality here. Australia had to deal with lots of air flights from China and from Europe in the early days. Apparently their leadership is competent enough to have dealt with it effectively. China is in the process of buying Oz, or at least the bits they want. As always, they play the long game. Just part of the process of China resuming its role as the dominant nation in the world - check out the Ming dynasty since you probably know as much about Chinese history as about Australia's international linkages.

6 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

You voted for Trump and you are calling ME stupid? Gold!

8 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

That’s right - the worlds greatest  authority on the virus - Professor Donald Trump said it will magically disappear in April. This was before he advised people to stick a bright UV light up their arse. Or inject bleach. You guys got this. 

16 hours ago, hrothgar said:

Hroth

In general no.

In this specific case, clearly yes.

The trouble with the specific is when you generalize it and anticipate broader or more repetitive application.

I’m fine with I get to decide which world leader is so awful that their death is a contribution to world good. I’m not fine with anybody else having that authority. I’ve not figured out how to give myself such an authority while withholding it from others.

With that in mind, back to democracy, the worst system except for all the others.

Vote the stable genius out.

Keep assassination thoughts outta here please. Enough trouble already.

If you can, vote. 

If you can't, be responsible. 

I was joking mate. Actually I wasn’t. Shoot the fucker and the world will be a better place. 

42 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

@jack_sparrow  sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending its not happening doesn’t change  anything.  Literally a 1 sec google search confirms my point  about hospital layoffs, you just can’t concede you are ever wrong, can you?

Hospital are laying off workers in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic https://www.vox.com/2020/4/8/21213995/coronavirus-us-layoffs-furloughs-hospitals

234 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19 https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/49-hospitals-furloughing-workers-in-response-to-covid-19.html   

Thousands of healthcare workers are laid off or furloughed as coronavirus spreads https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-02/coronavirus-california-healthcare-workers-layoffs-furloughs

ETfVDc5WkAQj6VE.jpeg.48011d1c8ace8bea64e8ceac3de7bb5e.jpeg.36fc0005930d553ac22232fdfa2666b4.jpeg

Even in Michigan, very hard hit, they had to lay off healthcare workers because without elective procedures, theres nothing for most of them to do and no money coming in...

Michigan Medicine to lay off workers, delay construction of new hospital https://www.michiganradio.org/post/michigan-medicine-lay-workers-delay-construction-new-hospital  

The job cuts are part of a plan, announced today by Michigan Medicine, to address a financial loss of up to $230 million projected for the fiscal year that ends on June 30, 2020. The health system expects the losses to continue into the 2021 fiscal year.

Michigan Medicine says the losses arise from caring for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic and from having to postpone many non-emergency procedures and services.

Go look at the date of your post ( 1/2 million cases and 20k in US dead) ..go look at job descriptions of workers laid off ...(hospital construction workers was a good one) when and how long ..the list testing that dribble is fucking endless ..but one last one ...look at the authoritive nature of uour cites...the meathead who admitting only Googling it in 10 seconds like you was a fucking stand out.

You're a fucking dangerous simpleton because all of your post is fucking appalling cunt.

IMG_20200424_160238.jpg.0f2599cf1950693017a846907ab29203.jpg

12 hours ago, toad said:

The sobering fact is that America wants Trump, there was no plot to get him elected. Americans on the whole resonate with his values, I dont buy that he was elected by a rigged system. He is the zeitgeist of the American soul. You have to look at the US in terms of empire, its citizens even though a few might complain are essentially proud of Trump and that he gives the world the finger, and you have to acknowledge he is NO DIFFERENT to many recent presidents, its just that he has no filter. Trump did not make the laws, he did not build the military he did not wage century long adventure to secure the worlds resources. Trump is what America is- get used to it.

We might have fun on SA mocking him but in reality its faux ridicule because America will relect him, they  dont want their lifestyle or global control threatened by a milksop and like a hand in glove that works out just fine for the plutocracy that run the place.

Complaining about Trump is missing the point, and the C19 deaths show that power is the ultimate intoxicant.

Americans should not be let off the hook for their responsibility to make democracy work and choose a leader they can be proud of.

However, it adds nothing to misrepresent the facts. Trump was not elected by a majority of Americans. His opponent got more votes. Trump’s disapproval rate has consistently been higher than his approval rate among Americans.

Trump and the American electorate are a problem but let’s not mischaracterize it. It is up to the majority of Americans to reach out and bring along their troglodyte fellow countrymen. In the mean time we can both sympathise with “right minded” Americans while reminding them it is their country “right or wrong” so they had better get their ass in gear and make it “right”

12 hours ago, Controversial_posts said:

Well actually lots of us do.

Empathy is a good thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Do you have Murder Hornets yet? I can mail you some.

Akk!   Not those!  (Remember the Africanized killer bee scare though? IT didn't quite get to the East Coast but I know they are trouble in more places than before).

22 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

@fastyacht Leadership is complex, isn't it? Are they reacting? Are they thinking? What are they reacting to, or thinking about? Is it people's wellbeing? Is it polls/reelection prospects? Is it money in their pocket? Is it "have they been nice to me"?

@Sail4beer It could be the reason he's a one-termer. Or the reason you, or me, or someone we care about dies way too early. That French campaign into Russia left a scar in French people.

Failures of leadership can be stark when the stakes are high. 

We are in a new age, where spin and fabrication become fact and truth becomes fake news.  Failures of leadership are too often spun into a cacophony of lies, misdirection and conspiracy theories.  Reason and common sense have been abandoned and replaced by fear and hatred.  This is how you get failed leaders reelected.

I hope we can return to our senses but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KC375 said:

Americans should not be let off the hook for their responsibility to make democracy work and choose a leader they can be proud off.

However, it adds nothing to misrepresent the facts. Trump was not elected by a majority of Americans. His opponent got more votes. Trump’s disapproval rate has consistently been higher than his approval rate among Americans.

Trump and the American electorate are a problem but let’s not mischaracterize it. It is up to the majority of Americans to reach out and bring along their troglodyte fellow countrymen. In the mean time we can both sympathise with “right minded” Americans while reminding them it is their country “right or wrong” so they had better get their ass in gear and make it “right”

How many goes do they get domestically to fuck us outside America up the arse??

Trade war...become the world epicentre of a global pandemic and now lining for a second go at that.

We are over you people. Get the fucking message.

As for a 'troglodyte" don't give a fuck about anyone else outside their own postcode. This guy says it all. My guess is he now sees the rest of the world differently.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Copied ..no connection to me. 

Would have had to state an essential travel reason to access both Netherlands and Croatia under their lockdown rules from last month.

Hats off to first quarantining (but doesn't mention a pre-travel test so a carrier?) but then had massive brain explosion thinking this shit isn't important. Upside is his experience may help drive message home.

"He’s about 45 and has two young kids.  he posted this on Facebook today.

I’m worried we may have made a mistake.  South Carolina’s governor barred us from going to our own beach, boat ramp or outside really so I snapped.  We have been planning to head back to Croatia this month since we returned home in August. Our plan has been to get back onto our boat, Madame Geneva, and continue our journey through the Med (year 6) into August.

When this outbreak went down we took it in stride. Then got antsy, then a bit crazy, then it was all too much.  I told Kelly I needed to get out of here and back to sea so we checked with our friends in Croatia. Tudor said if we can get to Amsterdam he could arrange a charter flight, for a price, to Split and he’d pick us up and smuggle us to the boat.

We went for it.  Empty flight from NY to NED and a small jet back to the Dalmation Coast.

Tudor was there when we arrived, just as he had promised, except he was handcuffed in the back of a military van on the tarmac.  When our plane door opened we were barked at in Croatian and herded into an old schoolbus. Our backpacks were thrown in after us. Doors closed and off we went in the dark. Our phones, passports and wallets were in a bag with the large man in front.  It was already dark as we pulled up to the grey eastern bloc building and met 2 officials in hazmat suits. They looked to be doctors but they also had automatic weapons and tactical gear. We were ushered inside the dim building and put in a windowless room. Our bags laid in a pile in the hall outside. The children were scared. I was angry. Kelly tried to keep everything under control. She kept calling through the door “English? Anybody speak English? US Embassy? Americans!”  Nothing.

We spent the night in this cell not bigger than 10 x 10 feet. Alone, and with no idea what to expect, I was anxious. Several hours passed with the kids curled up in corners trying to sleep and complaining about a bathroom with no door and being hungry when a voice outside grumbled something vaguely Croatian, perhaps Russian, definitely not English. The door opened and a few bowls of flavorless food, mostly boiled meats and hard bread, were placed on the small table.

“14 days. Q flag. Stupid..” He said shaking his head.  He put my phone on the table next to the food and walked out locking the door behind him.

So we are here. Escaped the Quarantine back home to be locked in a room overseas hoping “14 days” meant our sentence of confinement.  Not sure we’ll get to sea after this is over or be sent home, or worse… We’ll send updates as we are able and as long as my phone stays charged.  Don’t leave your house. We have learned the hard way. Stay tuned. Much Love!"

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

You voted for Trump and you are calling ME stupid? Gold!

Wrong. Never even voted Republican in my lifetime, for any federal election.

Also, how is your country so pathetic that you spend  all your time on American politics?

58 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Go look at the date of your post ( 1/2 million cases and 20k in US dead) ..go look at job descriptions of workers laid off ...(hospital construction workers was a good one) when and how long ..the list testing that dribble is fucking endless ..but one last one ...look at the authoritive nature of uour cites...the meathead who admitting only Googling it in 10 seconds like you was a fucking stand out.

As expected. You deny any evidence that doesn’t fit your preconceived ideas. Your response to contrary info, is, as usual, deranged.

My inlaws worked at an outpatient clinic in a hospital and were telling me about the layoffs well before the media picked it up.