Fakenews

Gun nutters and Trumptards execute black man out for a Jog

On 5/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, hrothgar said:

If read a ton of coverage on this incident.  Everything points to the fact that these two white men are guilty of slaying a black man.  

Nothing points to the fact they are "Gunnutters" and "Trumptards" and that that was their motivation.  You Libs really need to get a grip on your TDS.

Hroth

You figure they voted for Hillary?

9 hours ago, benwynn said:

Today Trump called the video of Ahmaud Arbery "disturbing".

I think "unthinkable tragedy" better description.   "Disturbing" would better describe a video of someone ordering a pizza with pineapple beets on it.

For BJ.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, benwynn said:

I think "unthinkable tragedy" better description.   "Disturbing" would better describe a video of someone ordering a pizza with pineapple on it.

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

For BJ.

Something tells me this will not end well.

That's a very disturbing video. The man was obviously out on a jog in the middle of the day! Maybe he wasn't wearing a mask as required by law but a simple face slam and jail time for that would have been punishment enough. Oddly in all the reports I've read so far, I can only find where the murder took place with absolutely no reference of where the victim was from. Was this his neighborhood, was he visiting? Not that it makes any difference, murder is murder but there’s many neighborhoods in the US I would not be caught dead jogging in. Literally.

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

That's a very disturbing video. The man was obviously out on a jog in the middle of the day! Maybe he wasn't wearing a mask as required by law but a simple face slam and jail time for that would have been punishment enough.

Mate, if he was wearing a mask, it would be *obvious* that he was a criminal trying to disguise his appearance and therefore fair game to be shot on sight.

Especially when he has a skin colour other than pale pinkish to light tan.

FKT

15 minutes ago, Venom said:

That's a very disturbing video. The man was obviously out on a jog in the middle of the day! Maybe he wasn't wearing a mask as required by law but a simple face slam and jail time for that would have been punishment enough. Oddly in all the reports I've read so far, I can only find where the murder took place with absolutely no reference of where the victim was from. Was this his neighborhood, was he visiting? Not that it makes any difference, murder is murder but there’s many neighborhoods in the US I would not be caught dead jogging in. Literally.

What a strange observation.  Jail time for not wearing a mask?  Really?

Did you notice that the 2 murderers weren't wearing masks either?  What should their punishment be for that?  Jail time?

And was he murdered in his own neighbourhood?  He was murdered, wasn't he?  You know -  he is now dead !  Surely that is the salient point.

Unless, of course, you are American and inured to people being murdered in the streets - that part is unremarkable, let's observe that he wasn't wearing a mask and so deserved jail time anyway.

You people are truly fucked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Recidivist said:
3 hours ago, Venom said:

Jail time AND unnecessary violence, about which I agree with this:

The NYPD's Violent COVID-19 Arrests Show It Hasn't Learned Much in the 6 Years Since Eric Garner's Death

15 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Or stop....

Walking while black

Running while black

Shopping while black

Selling cigarettes while black

Carrying groceries while black

Sitting while black

Smiling while black

Going to school while black

Breathing while black

There...now you're safe.

This is a prime example of the leftist side of the nutty remarks around here. Fuck, I'd upvote it for cleverness but it's not an attempt at cleverness. It's just a witless nasty remark -- and God knows, we've all had our share -- but consider my quote from the police chief, "stop resisting arrest." Think of how many of those presumably little angels of all colors would still be alive if they'd followed that advice ... advice that's been drilled into our heads from day one. Even if the interaction may be unpleasant, you're still alive, and there's a tort lawyer hiding with the Nazi in every woodpile. 

Do little angels resist arrest from uniformed police?

I share your outrage Left Shift but your approach doesn't help a fucking thing. 

7 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Did you notice that the 2 murderers weren't wearing masks either?  What should their punishment be for that?  Jail time?

And was he murdered in his own neighbourhood?  He was murdered, wasn't he?  You know -  he is now dead !  Surely that is the salient point.

Unless, of course, you are American and inured to people being murdered in the streets - that part is unremarkable, let's observe that he wasn't wearing a mask and so deserved jail time anyway.

Methinks (at least I hope) that there was a bit of sarcasm and even cynicism in the comment.  If not then your observation is spot on.

8 hours ago, Venom said:

I see what you’re trying to do there. It’s Disgusting.

He was 3 miles from his moms house.  Not far given that even in my 50’s and my hammerhead athletic days behind me I still manage a weekly 15k run more if I’m feeling good.

7 hours ago, Recidivist said:
8 hours ago, Venom said:

I have a hunch Venom may be referring to this incident.  For the record, it was more of a face slam, than a body slam.

Off-duty officer body-slams upset Walmart shopper who refuses to wear mask in store

5 hours ago, Zonker said:

The son who did the shooting does not have that spark of intelligence in his eyes.

image.jpg

Here's the video. 

https://youtu.be/fIve50vSeLQ

They're both mouth breathers.

How many like them have you seen in pics of Trump rallies?

Those faces are how I've always pictured Wardodo.

I see Dad as Dog. 

The kid doesn't appear smart enough to sign in. 

5 hours ago, Zonker said:

The son who did the shooting does not have that spark of intelligence in his eyes.

image.jpg

Here's the video. 

The son has an expression like "Oh, shit.  Daddy told me it would all be okay."

7 hours ago, Zonker said:

image.jpg

Here's the video. 

A road to jail paved with good intentions. They thought they had a burglar IMO. Yeah, maybe he was one, maybe not, but either way these two good ol boys will be lucky to get away with a couple hundred K owed to some lawyers...because they thought that waving a gun would result in their quarry being submissive. You pull it you assume you are going to kill someone so you  think things ALL the way through. 

This is a prime example of why I feel the gun culture is dangerous. Statistically speaking, for those who are not well trained and must live with room-temperature IQs  a firearm us far more likely to ruin their life than it is to save it. These two rock heads could have simply tailed and called the cops...which is what would have happened had they not felt invulnerable.  

• Like 4

Elitist. Morans and the non compos mentis got gun rahts 2.

14 hours ago, Ishmael said:
23 hours ago, benwynn said:

I think "unthinkable tragedy" better description.   "Disturbing" would better describe a video of someone ordering a pizza with pineapple beets on it.

For BJ.

That's more of an "appalling abomination" than an unthinkable tragedy.

5 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

but consider my quote from the police chief, "stop resisting arrest." Think of how many of those presumably little angels of all colors would still be alive if they'd followed that advice

You're a black man jogging down a quiet road in Georgia. A white guy with a shotgun points it at you as you go around his pickup truck. Maybe he yells "Stop"

What makes you think you're being arrested?

I've seen too many videos of black people shot while in cars (Cop "I thought he was reaching for a weapon"), in their house (Cop "there was a report of a burglary") and so on to believe that that if they only behaved better they wouldn't be shot. 

10 minutes ago, Zonker said:

You're a black man jogging down a quiet road in Georgia. A white guy with a shotgun points it at you as you go around his pickup truck. Maybe he yells "Stop"

What makes you think you're being arrested?

I've seen too many videos of black people shot while in cars (Cop "I thought he was reaching for a weapon"), in their house (Cop "there was a report of a burglary") and so on to believe that that if they only behaved better they wouldn't be shot. 

We all see the same sensational news, Z.

Your bolded is not remotely the scenario my comment referenced. Moreover, my comment was a quote of a black police chief from the Michael Brown era. 

To quote Joe Biden, "Come on, man."

How would you address these issues?

5 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

This is a prime example of the leftist side of the nutty remarks around here. Fuck, I'd upvote it for cleverness but it's not an attempt at cleverness. It's just a witless nasty remark -- and God knows, we've all had our share -- but consider my quote from the police chief, "stop resisting arrest." Think of how many of those presumably little angels of all colors would still be alive if they'd followed that advice ... advice that's been drilled into our heads from day one. Even if the interaction may be unpleasant, you're still alive, and there's a tort lawyer hiding with the Nazi in every woodpile. 

Really? That was never drilled into my head. It wasn't taught to me in the Civics class I took in 9th grade in Knoxville, Tennessee. Also, your contention that resisting arrest is always resisting arrest is incorrect.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/resisting-unlawful-arrest.html

9 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

We all see the same sensational news, Z.

Your bolded is not remotely the scenario my comment referenced. Moreover, my comment was a quote of a black police chief from the Michael Brown era. 

To quote Joe Biden, "Come on, man."

The rest of civilisation has been addressing these issues for the better part of the last hundred years. 

You don't need to worry about how.

Wanting to...then now we're getting serious. 

This vaunted fucking bible thing called the constitution and its amendments for the extra bits we wanted added is sure doing a bang up job. 

• Like 1

Black parents teach their kids how to avoid getting killed by cops. Google "black parents having the talk" and see what you find. 

(I'm afraid I missed it too, either in school or by my parents. Maybe it's just an American thing)

Resisting arrest shouldn't get you killed unless you've got a weapon and are threatening people with it.

But you share LeftShift's outrage. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Think of how many of those presumably little angels of all colors would still be alive if they'd followed that advice ...

The data doesn't support your idea. Look at the last line.

Black people have a real fear of being killed for being black. By cops. Because it is real. Here's the FBI data (2012 but who cares)

police%20killings%20by%20race.png

It's not like the issue is there is waay too many selfish white cunts in the US.

The less selfish white cunts, the less racism. 

Selfish Latin cunts would be no worse. 

Selfish negro cunts would be no worse. 

So one could opt for mass immigration and breed the selfish white cunts out of relevance. 

A few hundred million Indians would do you the world of good, they'll probably lift the national iq a bunch and with better manners. 

Most of the Indian girls I know could wipe the floor with Trump at his current job.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Really? That was never drilled into my head. It wasn't taught to me in the Civics class I took in 9th grade in Knoxville, Tennessee. Also, your contention that resisting arrest is always resisting arrest is incorrect.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/resisting-unlawful-arrest.html

Bullshit. All those years growing up and you were never advised to stop when a cop gives you an order? Sorry, gotta call BS.

Resisting an unlawful arrest is a different can o worms. Even then, from your cite: 

"RESISTING THE URGE

Of course, even where resisting unlawful arrest (with or without some degree of force) is legal, most would tell you it isn’t a good idea. Just about anyone working in the criminal justice system—including criminal defense lawyers—would recommend that someone being unlawfully arrested through use of reasonable force not resist. For one, as discussed below, the arrest might be lawful even if the arrestee is innocent. For another, circumstances can quickly unravel to the point that the arrestee is seriously injured or earns additional criminal charges."

Which is what seems to happen far too often.

The Father/son shooting is a tough case. I'd be dead now, too, if it had been me jogging and those two dildos jumped me. And the cover-up is unconscionable. 

40 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

The rest of civilisation has been addressing these issues for the better part of the last hundred years. 

You don't need to worry about how.

Wanting to...then now we're getting serious. 

This vaunted fucking bible thing called the constitution and its amendments for the extra bits we wanted added is sure doing a bang up job. 

I agree in principle but consider the #s. 350M people here. So 350M x ??? interactions with police just has to result in some awful outcomes. I know you just want to talk guns but this is a bigger deal than that. Take the gun out of the game here with the father and son thing, and at least one outcome is they beat the kid to death. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

I agree in principle but consider the #s. 350M people here. So 350M x ??? interactions with police just has to result in some awful outcomes. I know you just want to talk guns but this is a bigger deal than that. Take the gun out of the game here with the father and son thing, and at least one outcome is they beat the kid to death. 

No way those overweight mouth breathers manage to kill the kid let alone prevail in a fight unless it’s a lucky blow.  Fighting is an extremely aerobic activity and those two would be gasping for air quickly.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

BC,

You don't measure law enforcement by how many people die interacting with them. You measure law enforcement by how many complaints they received for not being timely enough in their response or how fair they were in their dealings with you FFS. 

?? And who mentioned guns except you? I mentioned this idiotic reverence for this constitution and its amendments as it seem to be delivering a pretty shitty quality of life for all of its vaunted reputation. 

Or one could be too stupid to interpret it correctly. 

23 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Bullshit. All those years growing up and you were never advised to stop when a cop gives you an order? Sorry, gotta call BS.

Resisting an unlawful arrest is a different can o worms. Even then, from your cite: 

"RESISTING THE URGE

Of course, even where resisting unlawful arrest (with or without some degree of force) is legal, most would tell you it isn’t a good idea. Just about anyone working in the criminal justice system—including criminal defense lawyers—would recommend that someone being unlawfully arrested through use of reasonable force not resist. For one, as discussed below, the arrest might be lawful even if the arrestee is innocent. For another, circumstances can quickly unravel to the point that the arrestee is seriously injured or earns additional criminal charges."

The Father/son shooting is a tough case. I'd be dead now, too, if it had been me jogging and those two dildos jumped me. And the cover-up is unconscionable. 

I'm going to guess that I've been arrested a few more times than you have and no, my lawyer mother never taught me about not resisting arrest nor was it covered in school. Since I was a white boy, even in Tennessee, while I did get jailed, I didn't get cuffed. I do remember the warning about not needing to answer any question other than identification and I even refused to answer that before 7AM (I didn't want my dad to get called in the middle of the night). That might have been covered in school discussing Gideons Trumpet. I can't quite remember.

One of my brothers said it's all fun and games until you get cuffed. He spent the night in SF Central Booking and was released the next morning. The DA took one look at the charge sheet, figured out the officer's obvious mistake, and dropped charges.

No, this was not taught in school. I remember being at a crosswalk with a black guy once. I looked both ways and jay walked. He didn't. I did the math (afterward) and figured no cop was going to stop me and yeah, that math might not be the same for the black guy. That also wasn't covered in school.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

"RESISTING THE URGE

I grew up in a privileged white upper class family.  No one ever had to utter those words to me nor any of my Elk

30 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

It's not like the issue is there is waay too many selfish white cunts in the US.

The less selfish white cunts, the less racism. 

Selfish Latin cunts would be no worse. 

Selfish negro cunts would be no worse. 

So one could opt for mass immigration and breed the selfish white cunts out of relevance. 

A few hundred million Indians would do you the world of good, they'll probably lift the national iq a bunch and with better manners. 

PUI is well understood in these parts, Shaggs.

In Miami, whites looked down on the Cubans who looked down on the Puerto Ricans, and all looked down on the Haitians.

You mean dot Indians I guess. We killed most of the others. 

I don't right this to espouse some holier than thou, I write this because the thought of a persons race as relevant is just so...odd. 

I have hired more non whites than I can think, would be near 50% if I bothered to count it and never ever not once did the thought of their nationality or skin colour even cross my mind. Each new member had quirks on religion or diet or such. Each quirk is discussed openly and without judgement amongst the staff if needed, like accommodating Hindu's ordering pizza, or forcing a Muslim to drink alcohol, there is a general acceptance by all to change our behaviours to respect the new member of the community's beliefs or traditions. Doesn't mean we all become believers, you just respect theirs. 

There is no sense of a loss of liberty or doom and gloom from this. Ever. Skin colour irrelevant, they' re part of the family, you hang shit on them about their foibles as we all happily muck in and just modify behaviours and get along.

But marking them down because of their race or colour? That's just .....bizarre.

And some recipes that got around the office were to die for.

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

Black parents teach their kids how to avoid getting killed by cops. Google "black parents having the talk" and see what you find. 

(I'm afraid I missed it too, either in school or by my parents. Maybe it's just an American thing)

Resisting arrest shouldn't get you killed unless you've got a weapon and are threatening people with it.

But you share LeftShift's outrage. 

The data doesn't support your idea. Look at the last line.

Black people have a real fear of being killed for being black. By cops. Because it is real. Here's the FBI data (2012 but who cares)

I happened to hit the same cite you did. From there: "These are conversations that people of other races do not have to have with their children," one black woman said.

"Bullshit," this white guy said. My argument is simply that all parents (Canadians too) teach their children to obey authority. That's it. I'm not supporting police fuckups. 

44 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

No way those overweight mouth breathers manage to kill the kid let alone prevail in a fight unless it’s a lucky blow.  Fighting is an extremely aerobic activity and those two would be gasping for air quickly.

Only on tv Gator. Real life is quick and dirty.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, jerseyguy said:
On 5/8/2020 at 11:20 AM, Fat Point Jack said:

We as a Society must not lower ourselves to the same level as one who takes another's life. 

A gentleman’s agreement breaks down when you are dealing with thugs

Yup, it’s a nice idea......but it’ll never catch on with the human race. 

52 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

BC,

You don't measure law enforcement by how many people die interacting with them. You measure law enforcement by how many complaints they received for not being timely enough in their response or how fair they were in their dealings with you FFS. 

?? And who mentioned guns except you? I mentioned this idiotic reverence for this constitution and its amendments as it seem to be delivering a pretty shitty quality of life for all of its vaunted reputation. 

Or one could be too stupid to interpret it correctly. 

I thought you were talking about the Father/Son case. You were just doing the OZ two step. Got it.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Only on tv Gator. Real life is quick and dirty.

Those two would get their ass beat quick and dirty.

FN

Also most people don’t know how to fight really dirty.  I’d bite one of their noses off (if flight was not an option).

7 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

You don't share my outrage if you think that listing the actual circumstances - except "being black while breathing" - where police have shot unarmed and unresisting black men is "cleverness" or a "leftist nutty remark".   Or police have refused to arrest and/or DAs have refused to file charges against white citizens who have shot unarmed and unresisting black men

Or when a future president makes his name by demanding the death penalty for 5 innocent black children.  

We are not past the era of lynching in this country.  Far, far from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I grew up in a privileged white upper class family.  No one ever had to utter those words to me nor any of my Elk

Why's that? Because it was just common sense? 

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's more of an "appalling abomination" than an unthinkable tragedy.

How’s the beetroot on a burger thing working out for you? :P

3 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Why's that? Because it was just common sense? 

Nope I was the right skin color in a good neighborhood.  If I misbehaved I had zero risk of ending up dead.

Ask your self how many privileged white kids end up dead by cops?  How many white Tamil Rice’s?  Even mentally ill white kids don’t get killed by cops.

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Those two would get their ass beat quick and dirty.

FN

Also most people don’t know how to fight really dirty.  I’d bite one of their noses off (if flight was not an option).

I'd like to think the black kid would outrun them but taking that out of the game, he'd definitely have a chance. But it's at least as likely the two heavier guys win. Plus the old guy is ex-cop, and the young guy is young.

And we all know the days of fair fighting are long gone. Hit the ground now, expect a kick in the mouth from the average, worse from a savvy guy. 

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

I don't right this to espouse some holier than thou, I write this because the thought of a persons race as relevant is just so...odd. 

I have hired more non whites than I can think, would be near 50% if I bothered to count it and never ever not once did the thought of their nationality or skin colour even cross my mind. Each new member had quirks on religion or diet or such. Each quirk is discussed openly and without judgement amongst the staff if needed, like accommodating Hindu's ordering pizza, or forcing a Muslim to drink alcohol, there is a general acceptance by all to change our behaviours to respect the new member of the community's beliefs or traditions. Doesn't mean we all become believers, you just respect theirs. 

There is no sense of a loss of liberty or doom and gloom from this. Ever. Skin colour irrelevant, they' re part of the family, you hang shit on them about their foibles as we all happily muck in and just modify behaviours and get along.

But marking them down because of their race or colour? That's just .....bizarre.

Yeah but you're Australian. My experiences are pretty much the same.

My GF attended the wedding of one of her Sudanese students - coal black, 6' tall and drop-dead gorgeous - who married a white Aussie boy. He checked what the custom was & arranged for the requisite number of cattle to be bought for the father's extended family still in Sudan. Everyone was happy. Great party.

FKT

1 hour ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

I happened to hit the same cite you did. From there: "These are conversations that people of other races do not have to have with their children," one black woman said.

"Bullshit," this white guy said. My argument is simply that all parents (Canadians too) teach their children to obey authority. That's it. I'm not supporting police fuckups. 

Bullshit. I taught my kids to circumvent authority. And do their best to not get caught.

Obey authority? You must be joking. I built an entire *house* and didn't ask permission first.

FKT

• Like 3

You're one in 7B, Shaggs.

Just for fun, I was reading that outloud with my best OZ twang. 

I mentioned this idiotic reverence for this constitution and its amendments as it seem to be delivering a pretty shitty quality of life for all of its vaunted reputation. 

Again, YMMV with the color of your skin.

Blue Crab seems to be confusing the "respect the cops" talk he got with "The Talk" that all sensible black parents have with their kids about how not to get killed by police while doing nothing that merits getting murdered.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

"We need a White Privilege cleanup in Aisle 6! White Privilege cleanup in Aisle 6!"

"Obey authority" is not the same as THE TALK.

You need to inform yourself a little better if you're going to argue these points.

May I suggest you watch "The Hate U Give" - which, though a work of fiction based on a YA novel - still addresses the topic quite well.

At least watch the first few minutes, and tell me if that is the same "Respect mah authoritah" talk you got as a kid.

Funny story - we thought we'd queued up an Avengers on the home theater when this started playing. So here I am thinking I'm watching an origin story...it even mentioned "Black Panther" which was even more confusing.

We figured it out soon enough.

57 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You don't share my outrage if you think that listing the actual circumstances - except "being black while breathing" - where police have shot unarmed and unresisting black men is "cleverness" or a "leftist nutty remark".   Or police have refused to arrest and/or DAs have refused to file charges against white citizens who have shot unarmed and unresisting black men

Or when a future president makes his name by demanding the death penalty for 5 innocent black children.  

We are not past the era of lynching in this country.  Far, far from it.

The subject was    .....   not resisting arrest .... the nutty part was your outrage getting the better of you. How many of you guys out there are walking timebombs or worse? 

I do share your outrage of the unfairness of blue on white.

What's your take on a fix? Or are you just outraged?

14 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

What's your take on a fix? Or are you just outraged?

Excellent question. In Oakland where I live, all you need is a GED to get into the police academy. Given how much we pay the police ($58K to start) and how much authority we give them (monopoly on the legitimate use of force), I see no reason that that shouldn't a bachelors degree.

HW: look up how much of the budget pie in your town police services accounts for. We spend a lot and we should demand a lot.

3 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

:lol: How fucking many times do you have to be told "get rid of the ocean of guns".

How can any intelligent person think that son should have been permitted a deadly weapon?

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Nope I was the right skin color in a good neighborhood.  If I misbehaved I had zero risk of ending up dead.

Ask your self how many privileged white kids end up dead by cops?  How many white Tamil Rice’s?  Even mentally ill white kids don’t get killed by cops.

That's silly shit up in here.  I had 3 kids myself. Teaching respect for authority is built in with parenting.

i call bullshit. Mind, we're still just just talking about the very narrow issue of whether you were ever given teaching regarding respect for authority. 

I gots to call me sum bullshit right there. Olson as well. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

That's silly shit up in here.  I had 3 kids myself. Teaching respect for authority is built in with parenting.

i call bullshit. Mind, we're still just just talking about the very narrow issue of whether you were ever given teaching regarding respect for authority. 

You've conveniently moved your goalposts from resisting arrest to respect for authority. Knock yourself out.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Teaching "Respect for authority" is not the same as "survival techniques so you do not get killed by police for your skin color."

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

I wasn’t taught respect for any authority other than that of my parents and what my own moral compass told me to.  To this day I don’t respect “authority” any more than I would afford to any other person in a normal interaction.

You sound like you would have done very well growing up in East Germany.

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You've conveniently moved your goalposts from resisting arrest to respect for authority. Knock yourself out.

No no Nanette. You don't the relationship. BS

Just now, Dr. Blue Crab said:

No no Nanette. You don't the relationship. BS

That made zero sense.

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Teaching "Respect for authority" is not the same as "survival techniques so you do not get killed by police for your skin color."

Right. I watched the vid. What I saw toward the end was cop hollers at kid to something something. The kid reaches for his hairbrush. Bet the cop didn't say, "hey can I use your hairbrush?" 

Your survival techniques are my good parenting given the world the way it is. This is us. The white talk is shorter than the black talk. 

None of you gentleman think it's smart to run from or fight cops. 

10 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That made zero sense.

He's apparently morphing into wardodo2.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I think you're making a distinction without a difference.

You know it too.

Gotta hit the sack/

14 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That made zero sense.

He should give up the Dr. in his title. Mr. Crab is the best he can aspire to.

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I wasn’t taught respect for any authority other than that of my parents and what my own moral compass told me to.  To this day I don’t respect “authority” any more than I would afford to any other person in a normal interaction.

You know we're still talking about resisting a presumably legal arrest. So a trooper tells you to pull over, you hit the gas?

Conversely, you're saying that the guy who pulls over is a potential reichista for following orders?

Say it ain't so. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Right. I watched the vid. What I saw toward the end was cop hollers at kid to something something

OK, so that comment is Bat-Shit crazy. 

The killers were not cops. 

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

OK, so that comment is Bat-Shit crazy. 

The killers were not cops. 

Who were they?

Just now, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Who were they?

An ex-cop and his idiot spawn.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Who were they?

Have you not been paying attention again Mr. Crab?

10 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Thanks. We've all crossed path here. I've been talking about being taught how to deal with cops.

I said in a post above that I'd have been dead like the black kid cuz  I wouldn't have stopped either..

Do you guys not read for any context at all. 

As I mentioned in response to the video in BJ's post above ... like about the talk.

10 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Products of the same hood. 

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

:lol: How fucking many times do you have to be told "get rid of the ocean of guns".

How can any intelligent person think that son should have been permitted a deadly weapon?

You literally *cannot* manage that. There are more guns than people regardless of age, skin colour or any other characteristic you care to use. The owners vote. There is no political consensus to remove guns from the general population. There probably isn't even 50.001% supportive. 

You really, really cannot force anything highly unpopular onto the general populace in a democracy. I keep suggesting that the anti-gun people start the process for a Constitutional amendment and repeal the 2nd, be done with it. Funnily nobody wants to go there.

So what you're basically saying is, nothing can be done. I don't believe that. But the simple answer to remove guns fails because you can't actually do that. Hell, even the UK still permits shotguns.

WRT the cops, a good start would be a minimum age of 25 to start. Then courses that emphasise that they are a Police SERVICE not a branch of the bloody military, and that they are there to SERVE not dictate. And body cameras all the time they're on duty, no exceptions whatsoever. No arrest is valid without a body camera on, automatic assumption *against* the officer's word absent camera footage.

Not my country, haven't lived there in 20 years, no skin in the game.

FKT

I think I have said this before somewhere, but your country is fucked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Blue Crab said:

Thanks. We've all crossed path here. I've been talking about being taught how to deal with cops.

I said in a post above that I'd have been dead like the black kid cuz  I wouldn't have stopped either..

Do you guys not read for any context at all. 

Odds are you would NOT be dead like the black kid.

Odds are, the fine folks that murdered that kid do not care a whit if a white guy jogs through their neighborhood. So you do not die.

9 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

You measure law enforcement by how many complaints they received for not being timely enough in their response or how fair they were in their dealings with you FFS.

seems a bit difficult if your dead

no wonder the GRU has a spotless reputation .. next to georgia police of course

8 hours ago, mad said:

How’s the beetroot on a burger thing working out for you? 

should be compulsory .. best addition to them ,, after the meat and bun

10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Bullshit. I taught my kids to circumvent authority. And do their best to not get caught.

Obey authority? You must be joking. I built an entire *house* and didn't ask permission first.

FKT

I was taught to never speak to the police without a lawyer present.

I was 12 years old. 

My mother was a lawyer and worked for both the prosecution and defence services. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Odds are you would NOT be dead like the black kid.

Odds are, the fine folks that murdered that kid do not care a whit if a white guy jogs through their neighborhood. So you do not die.

There are two separate dead black kids in this discussion, unfortunately. Mr Arbery, the jogger in the national news, and the kid out on a date in your video reaching (for some unfathomable reason) for his hair brush. Most posters here are unaware of this dude cuz they haven't read the thread or read much too casually. We need a darker font for emphasis.

Either way, I would not be dead. Worse case if I were the jogger is they'd have hollered some dumb crap and thrown a beer bottle at me. 

In the video you presented, I would not be dead because I would have not reached back in the car. I wouldn't do it because I had been told as a kid to follow an apparently lawful order even in a chickenshit situation much like the Talk given to the 9 and 10 year olds.

Also, even without any parenting at all like a couple of these posters claim,  I would have noticed as I grew up that people that keep their hands moving when the other guy has a gun don't have good outcomes. Worse when one is a cop. Double worse if I'm a black guy. 

I'd give the video a fail because the kid shot was more than old enough to NOT make that mistake, and the vid maker could have used a situation where the black driver did nothing wrong, no movement at all of hands, and still got shot. That's the point of the video.  The reaching for a HAIRBRUSH is dumbing down for the audience; a deux ex machina to drive the point home for slow learners. Is that a racist comment or a fair assessment of the video? Guarantee the answer depends on how far left you are.

1 hour ago, mad said:

I was taught to never speak to the police without a lawyer present.

I was 12 years old. 

My mother was a lawyer and worked for both the prosecution and defence services. 

And those police weren't armed!

6 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

You literally *cannot* manage that. There are more guns than people regardless of age, skin colour or any other characteristic you care to use. The owners vote. There is no political consensus to remove guns from the general population. There probably isn't even 50.001% supportive. 

You really, really cannot force anything highly unpopular onto the general populace in a democracy. I keep suggesting that the anti-gun people start the process for a Constitutional amendment and repeal the 2nd, be done with it. Funnily nobody wants to go there.

So what you're basically saying is, nothing can be done. I don't believe that. But the simple answer to remove guns fails because you can't actually do that. Hell, even the UK still permits shotguns.

WRT the cops, a good start would be a minimum age of 25 to start. Then courses that emphasise that they are a Police SERVICE not a branch of the bloody military, and that they are there to SERVE not dictate. And body cameras all the time they're on duty, no exceptions whatsoever. No arrest is valid without a body camera on, automatic assumption *against* the officer's word absent camera footage.

Not my country, haven't lived there in 20 years, no skin in the game.

FKT

All of this ^^^

One thing I believe will come from the blue wave is a move to amend the 2nd. As someone mentioned a couple of years ago, it will likely take 100 years to have a noticeable effect. May as well get started. It takes action not endless, witless whining on the internet.

And hopefully all readers noticed that this post offers some positive suggestions rather than the wailing echoes of unfairness. The suggestion of mandatory cameras seems obvious but folks --in the South at least -- best not wait for the cops to do it. It's lose lose for them. What it will take is regular citizens making a whole lot of noise to the city council members to force the cops into action. Technically, they work for us. I will give Jocal more credit than most. I have no doubt he is an activist for change in Seattle. Is he knocking on doors? Probably. 

4 hours ago, phill_nz said:

seems a bit difficult if your dead

no wonder the GRU has a spotless reputation .. next to georgia police of course

And this ^^^ 

I note that the Chinese police have it pretty much under control as well. 

Over and out.