The cat is out of the bag !...talked to a HC professional today tied with the 2 large hospitals in my town....yes there is CV-19...and yes there are some deaths....BUT ...no more than seasonal flu's and there is monkey business in classification of death certificates...I'll stop there ,but could go on !

• Like 1

Again? Pathetic

11 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I'll stop there ,but could go on !

Go ahead . The days still early and we’re not stocked up on your brand of stupid yet.

The Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into Blue Flame Medical, a firm created by two well-connected Republican operatives who started selling medical supplies this spring as the novel coronavirus spread across the country.

Government coronavirus response updates: Trump assistant tests positive for coronavirus, White House says

Just now, Sean said:

Government coronavirus response updates: Trump assistant tests positive for coronavirus, White House says

And it gets a little step closer to Trump........:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Cough cough pass....

24 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

The cat is out of the bag !...talked to a HC professional today tied with the 2 large hospitals in my town....yes there is CV-19...and yes there are some deaths....BUT ...no more than seasonal flu's and there is monkey business in classification of death certificates...I'll stop there ,but could go on !

Surprise, there never was a cat in the bag which explains why the bag is empty.

By the way, I talked to an experienced boat builder and he told me origami steel boats are the only way to go.  I expect the market for fiberglass boats will implode.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

The corona virus was engineered in a cave in Wuhan to kill the Preznit and Senate republicans, you heard it here first!

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

The corona virus was engineered in a cave in Wuhan to kill the Preznit and Senate republicans, you heard it here first!

I know!  Isn't it dastardly of the Chi-coms!

Hroth

https://www.aier.org/article/woodstock-occurred-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR0cnZfmIrMotkVOkrN4FGouOkr-83d2enRteCYWCUPVxAzvyhxVc6TcPBA

In  my lifetime, there was another deadly flu epidemic in the United States. The flu spread from Hong Kong to the United States, arriving December 1968 and peaking a year later. It ultimately killed 100,000 people in the U.S., mostly over the age of 65, and one million worldwide.

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The lab was in a cave?  Hmm - didn't know that.  Might explain the bat droppings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The lab was in a cave?  Hmm - didn't know that.  Might explain the bat droppings. 

Holy batshit! Batman! Er, Dark Knight!  

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how many deaths certificates were issued in Jan, Feb, Mar, April and May of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2020. 

example from CDC

They will have a hard time explaining if the death rate for April 2020 is like 265,000 and not the 300 plus you would expect if CV19 added 70,000 to the death roll. 

if it is not significantly higher than the 5 year average for April then we have an issue. 

image.png

1 minute ago, Pun Slinger said:

It will be interesting to see how many deaths certificates were issued in Jan, Feb, Mar, April and May of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2020. 

example from CDC

They will have a hard time explaining if the death rate for April 2020 is like 265,000 and not the 300 plus you would expect if CV19 added 70,000 to the death roll. 

if it is not significantly higher than the 5 year average for April then we have an issue. 

image.png

Source for this chart?

How many of you personally know someone who has had this virus that resulted in a stay in the hospital?  - how about how many have died?

• Like 1

Oh, we're now in the Liberal Plot stage I see. How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe this?

I guess we just saw how fucking stupid.

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

Is this the first person?  Makes me wonder how many of them got the influenza virus last year in comparison? It seems that social distancing could also play a part in dealing with the seasonal flu. I noticed that Trump wasn’t wearing a mask at the mask factory the other day. That was odd.:blink:

Kinda worried my seedlings might get hit with the cold they are predicting for this weekend.  Likely to be a frost, and maybe some snow.

6 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

How many of you personally know someone who has had this virus that resulted in a stay in the hospital?  - how about how many have died?

The mother in law of a friend is the only case I know of. 

My mother traveled to South Africa with two couples in their 70's late last year and both couples took a subsequent trip after that. Both husbands have died of CV19. 

11 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Two, one in Canada and one in the UK, both around 60 and in decent health until they died.

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

Is this the first person?  Makes me wonder how many of them got the influenza virus last year in comparison? It seems that social distancing could also play a part in dealing with the seasonal flu. I noticed that Trump wasn’t wearing a mask at the mask factory the other day. That was odd.:blink:

I think there would be a certain poetic justice if both Trump and Pence died of this disease and President Pelosi took over. Heads would explode in certain places - like here.

37 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Can it just hurry up and complete the mission........because if it doesn’t, this shit is going to go on for a lot longer. 

50 minutes ago, Sean said:

WTF? Fakenews? Trump has a Valet? No way. A Valet either parks the car or helps with the clothes. Two things Trump obviously does not have.

13 minutes ago, Pun Slinger said:

Your chart is an outright deception. 

This is directly from the CDC web page 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

image.thumb.png.521297c2c948b2cebf690451bdc91962.png

Your chart is missing a year or two!! 

You really are one stupid mother-fucker. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mad said:

Nah, he's not stupid. Evil, disingenuous, lying sack-of-shit, but not stupid.

36 minutes ago, Pun Slinger said:

example from CDC

image.png

You are an idiot.  Social distancing affects All sicknesses.  As such, we should expect to see year to year differences due to the measures we are taking.  You are conflating apples to oranges.  In the process, you are proving how little you understand about science and statistics.  Satellite engineer my ass.

6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You are an idiot.  Social distancing affects All sicknesses.  As such, we should expect to see year to year differences due to the measures we are taking.  You are conflating apples to oranges.  In the process, you are proving how little you understand about science and statistics.  Satellite engineer my ass.

Sanitation Engineer. You know, janitor.

45 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Gonna regale us with the 3 people you know who were hospitalized and cured by hydroxychloroquine again? Or you going to say the flu is a bigger worry again?

On 2/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Gone Drinking said:

Please talk to some medical professionals that don't get paid by CNN  The ones I have talked to, one of which is head of the infectious disease control dept in her state, says she is much more concerned about the flu. 

On 4/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, Gone Drinking said:

Not sure its a hoax - I know of 3 people (yes personally) that landed in the hospital, 2 in the ICU for this fucking virus.  All 3 state that the hydrox... saved them, 

1 minute ago, mad said:

What years are missing brainiac? 

The chart I posted is the latest offered by the CDC they are always a year behind. Notice it is labeled 2010-2019 and indicated the 2018-2019 data is still preliminary. Later this year the preliminary data for 2019 will be published.  

Now go compare the number of influenza deaths for each year on Nice's chart with the official CDC chart I posted. 

And ditto on the stupid, genius.

I talked to your mom, she regrets not getting an abortion.

May 6, 2020 / By Talia Kaplan 

Dr. Ramin Oskoui, a cardiologist and CEO of Foxhall Cardiology, reacted on Tuesday to a study that found a new coronavirus mutation reportedly mirrors a change that occurred as the SARS virus began to weaken, saying, “it’s well-known that as viruses progress, they typically mutate to weaker forms.”

“The phenomenon is known as ‘Muller’s Ratchet,’” 

He added that this is “virology 101.”

“This is how they go away. They typically mutate, as well as herd immunity, to attenuate weaker strains that no longer make people so ill,” Oskoui continued.

Oskoui made the comments reacting to a study conducted by Arizona researchers, which was published in the online version of the Journal of Virology.

Lead study author Dr. Efrem Lim, a virologist and an assistant professor at Arizona State University’s Biodesign Institute, and his team use a new technology to read through all 30,000 chemical letters of the SARS-CoV-2 genome, or genetic code, The New York Post reported, adding that the technology helps researchers determine how the virus is spreading and mutating over time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Time for you clowns to party like it's 1999

Hmmm - NYE 1999, I was working on a project for the Codman division of J&J, up in Taunton, MA, and after we shut down all the plant floor and admin computers, we went down to Providence, RI and froze our asses off eating chowder/soup and drinking beer at the docs. 

@Pun Slinger and others have offered statistics with insufficient explanation about the methodology supporting the related claims. 

example: 

in April 2020 drunk driver involved traffic deaths were the lowest in many decades.   
in general, it is certainly a reasonable hypothesis; Because so many stayed home, fewer dangerous and deadly interactions between people occurred. 

another reasonable hypothesis which could be studied:

We saved so many lives by shutting down society, fewer total people will have died in 2020 than in a typical year. 

In fact, one measure of the horrendous nature of Covid 19 might be:

despite the fact society hid from virtually all avoidable threats, so many were killed by the virus we failed to lower the General death rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Nah, he's not stupid. Evil, disingenuous, lying sack-of-shit, but not stupid.

Good point, I’ll amend that next time I can bothered to address him, which is rarely. 

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

He still at -666?

He was last time I looked. 

39 minutes ago, Pun Slinger said:

What years are missing brainiac? 

The chart I posted is the latest offered by the CDC they are always a year behind. Notice it is labeled 2010-2019 and indicated the 2018-2019 data is still preliminary. Later this year the preliminary data for 2019 will be published.  

Now go compare the number of influenza deaths for each year on Nice's chart with the official CDC chart I posted. 

And ditto on the stupid, genius.

So you posted a chart knowing that you were missing the data needed.....

Disengenous, lying motherfucker!!! 
Have you got any family members left around that you would prefer not to lose? Because if they believe your spew, it’s likely you’ll lose another. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Hmmm - NYE 1999, I was working on a project for the Codman division of J&J, up in Taunton, MA, and after we shut down all the plant floor and admin computers, we went down to Providence, RI and froze our asses off eating chowder/soup and drinking beer at the docs. 

I was in the deep heart of Texas with a friend sitting around a campfire baking potatoes and grilling steaks while star gazing at the brilliant sky. And waiting for the big crash that didn't happen  Y2K!  That was a hoax and a huge windfall for some old programmers.

For those who start in with the flu crap -- how many people do you know who have died from the flu? In my entire life I can't thing of any, not so for this virus.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

I was in the deep heart of Texas with a friend sitting around a campfire baking potatoes and grilling steaks while star gazing at the brilliant sky. And waiting for the big crash that didn't happen  Y2K!  That was a hoax and a huge windfall for some old programmers.

For those who start in with the flu crap -- how many people do you know who have died from the flu? In my entire life I can't thing of any, not so for this virus.

I can't say that - I know a few, mostly folks who had known or previously undiscovered health issues that made them too compromised to fight it off.   The #s are there - flu deaths, according the CDC stats, happened a whole helluva lot more often than I ever was aware of.     Not making light of your point, but I was surprised that even w/a vaccine, so many succumbed every year. 

35 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You are partly correct. But almost entirely wrong with your conclusion. The quarantine will directly reduce some deaths such as auto accidents. But the CDC records deaths by cause in substantial detail as explained here on the national death index page.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ndi/index.htm

When you remove all the suicides, accidents, posionings, overdoses cancers, etc. you have a smaller pool of medical deaths that fall into CV19's possible orbit and yes things like influenza might fall which could mask some of the CV19 signature, but if you consider say just april of 2019 vs april 2020, if there are 100,000 deaths in 2019 after you remove all the unrelated causes then the "70.000" so called CV19 are going to stand out like a road flare in the reduced pool and no compensating drop in influenza cases will mask the CV19 deaths. On average there are 30-50,000 influenza deaths spread out over 5-6 months. The April nunber is going to be small every year, maybe 20k? So even if social distancing eliminated all influenza deaths in April 2020 the CV19 deaths will still overwhelm that and show up like hypocrisy on a Democrat. 

By the way I am not predicting what the data will show. But if next year the death data does not contain a large bump for April/May it will need to be explained and social distancing and influenza won't cut it. 

27 minutes ago, solosailor said:

I talked to your mom, she regrets not getting an abortion.

There is no bottom to the level a liberal will sink.

2 minutes ago, Pun Slinger said:

There is no bottom to the level a liberal will sink.

Like lying about MIT graduation??  

6 minutes ago, mad said:

Have you got any family members left around that you would prefer not to lose? Because if they believe your spew, it’s likely you’ll lose another. 

What the fuck are you high on? Nice posted a chart purporting to show the number of influenza deaths for each of several years .
Here is his chart. NOTICE how many influenza deaths he claims for each year. For example the worst year according to Nice was 2017-2018  with about 17,000 influenza deaths. Then compare it to the OFFICIAL record I posted from the CDC which shows that there were 61,000 influenza death that year. Nice's chart is a complete fraud. If you read my post is concerned ONLY influenza deaths.  You really need to cut back of the recreational drugs.  

96383727_1848252378644862_600075697972576256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=TYF8BzDYMWAAX_zlgMy&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=0f2dbfe7df1b8b8118fa2c4d55e7ce8d&oe=5ED81A56

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I was in the Bahamas partying my ass off :D

There wasn't a hoax about Y2K at the technical level, people worked hard to fix it and did. This is the Law of Avoided Disaster, if you lobby for funds to fix something and succeed, everyone remembers the disaster did not happen and no one remembers that you fixed the problem :rolleyes:

On the popular culture level though - ROFLMA x100000 at all the Y2K disaster scenarios :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

BREAKING FROM BRAVOBRAVO ASSCLOWN NEWS!!.  DETAILS AT 11!!!

vyPmpyI.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, benwynn said:

vyPmpyI.jpg

Nice work Ben, very nice indeed. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

vyPmpyI.jpg

ahh...you are on my Christmas list....already saved to my computer...thanks...:D:D:D

27 minutes ago, Pun Slinger said:

What the fuck are you high on? Nice posted a chart purporting to show the number of influenza deaths for each of several years .
Here is his chart. NOTICE how many influenza deaths he claims for each year. For example the worst year according to Nice was 2017-2018  with about 17,000 influenza deaths. Then compare it to the OFFICIAL record I posted from the CDC which shows that there were 61,000 influenza death that year. Nice's chart is a complete fraud. If you read my post is concerned ONLY influenza deaths.  You really need to cut back of the recreational drugs.  

96383727_1848252378644862_600075697972576256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=TYF8BzDYMWAAX_zlgMy&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=0f2dbfe7df1b8b8118fa2c4d55e7ce8d&oe=5ED81A56

Nice? Anyone?

1 minute ago, chum said:

Nice? Anyone?

Nice's Chart

Actual CDC influenza death counts. The chart Nice posted is a total lie.

image.png.e8bbf5b28ea2787c372048b826708317.png

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Get out there and mingle chum!

I'm a hermit.

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

image.png.79585de90167b4900d20d5169fce22ed.png

:mellow: you're smarter than that, I think.

2 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

Three in hospital. Two deaths   Ten who have tested pos. But are non symptomatic 

1 hour ago, mad said:

That's the spirit!

Several, with one dead.  Was having beers with him 1 week before.  He was 62.

Confirmed with a test, 7 but likely far more with it. Hospitalized 4 and 2 passed away. 

22 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Three in hospital. Two deaths   Ten who have tested pos. But are non symptomatic 

of the 3 and 2...what are their ages and do/did they have any underlying health issues...TIA

28 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Roughly similar.  Three deaths of friends/associates.  In my office: positive tests for one employee, two employee parents.  

I hate hoaxes that cause people to die.  Was the Spanish Flu a hoax too?  Because I had an uncle who died of that as a child.  

And no, I know of no one in my life who died of common flu.  

Just now, Left Shift said:

Roughly similar.  Three deaths of friends/associates.  In my office: positive tests for one employee, two employee parents.  

I hate hoaxes that cause people to die.  Was the Spanish Flu a hoax too?  Because I had an uncle who died of that as a child.  

And no, I know of no one in my life who died of common flu.  

great-aunt died in 1918, buried next to her parents. Damn hoaxes.

No relatives dead of the flu.

I don't yet know anyone dead of Covid, but the West has gotten off lightly. Different strain, and early-on a different approach to containment. Looks like that is ending, so we'll go from 63 deaths/million to something more like the NE at 500+ deaths/million. Will just take us a little longer.

Trump will have presided over the most american's dead due to presidential in-action.

That will be the nail in his "worst-ever" coffin.

20 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

of the 3 and 2...what are their ages and do/did they have any underlying health issues...TIA

I personally only know one lady who tested positive but she was hospitalized.  Middle aged, reasonably good health.  

• Like 1

I talked to a tech in LA that said he knew four people that had it.

Apply NYC's death toll to the US, and you're looking at 600,000 dead. And NYC ain't done yet.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Raz'r said:

Apply NYC's death toll to the US, and you're looking at 600,000 dead. And NYC ain't done yet.

Phony numbers are as good as real ones if it serves your purpose...

• Like 1

Where are the howls of protest over the chart that Nice posted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

Phony numbers are as good as real ones if it serves your purpose...

Phony numbers? You're saying that the dead people aren't really dead? Fucking asshole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Phony numbers? You're saying that the dead people aren't really dead? Fucking asshole.

I think he was referring to Nices chart that appears to be in error. 

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

That's the spirit!

He’ll put me ignore soon, his last sock did......or maybe it was the one before that. 

Anybody remember BJ having fun with this guy??

5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Gonna regale us with the 3 people you know who were hospitalized and cured by hydroxychloroquine again? Or you going to say the flu is a bigger worry again?

Glad to see you are still an asshole

4 hours ago, dacapo said:

How did they get testing?  Why?

5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

@Pun Slinger and others have offered statistics with insufficient explanation about the methodology supporting the related claims. 

example: 

in April 2020 drunk driver involved traffic deaths were the lowest in many decades.   
in general, it is certainly a reasonable hypothesis; Because so many stayed home, fewer dangerous and deadly interactions between people occurred. 

another reasonable hypothesis which could be studied:

We saved so many lives by shutting down society, fewer total people will have died in 2020 than in a typical year. 

In fact, one measure of the horrendous nature of Covid 19 might be:

despite the fact society hid from virtually all avoidable threats, so many were killed by the virus we failed to lower the General death rate.

This is all kind of a Big Hint in plain sight. 

9 minutes ago, Amati said:

How did they get testing?  Why?

1 is a nurse , she was quarantined for 2 weeks  then tested neg and was let back to work,  2 teachers in my school (after we closed )  I dont know the specifics of the others..a couple of friends a friends wife...my brother works for a pharma company, was tested ...neg, but was antibody tested and that came back that  he had the anibodies

3 minutes ago, dacapo said:

1 is a nurse , she was quarantined for 2 weeks  then tested neg and was let back to work,  2 teachers in my school (after we closed )  I dont know the specifics of the others..a couple of friends a friends wife...my brother works for a pharma company, was tested ...neg, but was antibody tested and that came back that  he had the anibodies

Did testing give them any peace of mind?  If that’s too personal, don’t answer.... just wondering.  

13 minutes ago, Amati said:

Did testing give them any peace of mind?  If that’s too personal, don’t answer.... just wondering.  

IDK.  I know I'd like to find out if I had it (antibodies) even if it isnt 100% accurate

edit...my brother had a hunch he had it....BUT he felt like shit with a fever of 101 for 8 days back in DECEMBER/JANUARY...Dec 26th to be exact...well before the timeline of covid coming to the US. (he works in Westchester NY ) so he';s right in the middle of the first outbreak 

11 minutes ago, Amati said:

My father in law who was showing symptoms was tested.  It was a relief when he was negative because he could come back home from being quarantined on his boat.

that was a month ago.  He's not home yet.

7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

My father in law who was showing symptoms was tested.  It was a relief when he was negative because he could come back home from being quarantined on his boat.

that was a month ago.  He's not home yet.

He's liking that quarantine too much?

I get tested for antibodies Monday. 

9 hours ago, Pun Slinger said:

example from CDC

image.png

https://www.statista.com/chart/21531/coronavirus-and-excess-us-deaths/

Infographic: U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Could Be Far Higher Than Reported | Statista