Can anyone advise me on the best trailer for an a cat? If anyone knows of any swiss companies that would be great!

Modify a regular Cat trailor so the beams rest on the bunks.

image.jpeg

FoilingNimOs, Best trailer I've ever seen is made by Trailex ( USA company ). Made specifically for A Cat, all aluminum, very light weight. Comes in a box to your house and fairly easy to put together. No idea what the shipping would be. Maybe Trailex has a European partner? Check out this site: Trailer.com  Good pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canhobie said:

Modify a regular Cat trailor so the beams rest on the bunks.

image.jpeg

That won’t work, it will fall off!

Trailex trailers in Ohio, you can get them from CLC they ship kits all over.  Please be specific as to your needs.

What's CLC? I just need the trailer to bring my boat to regattas. 

Look up harbeck-trailers, they do customized cat-trailers in Europe. A polish factory do an enclosed trailer - I can't remember the name of the company. 

I have excellent road trailer for A-cat, which was manufactured by Austrian company - ABLINGER. Excellent trailer (not cheap, by the way) and I can surely recommend it. I collected it, brand-new, in 2018 directly from Ablinger factory in Kostendorf. If you have any specific requests, they can make any custom options for you - so, you can discuss anything with these nice people (family run biz). If you need, I can send you some pics of my trailer (both empty and with my A-cat). Otherwise, their web: anhaenger-ablinger.at. I am not advertising the company - I am just their happy customer from Russia ! They have also Facebook page: Ablinger PKW ... you will find it easily.

Thank you Lars. Do you have a harbeck trailer? It would be useful if there were any pictures of how the boat went on it. Thank you

POLTV I looked at the Ablinger website and couldn't find the a cat trailer? I would love to see pictures. Also would you mind telling me how much it costs?

If you go to their Facebook page (photos), you can see even my trailer with my red/white VW minibus on their factory (the hull-holders or “cups” are disassembled and are inside the box). Their catamaran trailers should be under CAT 600 (or ACAT 600) type. New trailer was Euro 5,400 (excluding VAT due to export outside EU). But, my trailer was a bit special, with some custom features as per my request. Send me test-mail and I will send you some pics (Yaroslav.Petrov@icloud.com). My A-cat is DNA F1X produced in September 2018. First, I collected the trailer, then drove to DNA factory, collected my cat and then drove back to Russia.

I bought two of these Trailex A-Cat trailers in Ohio.  Great product, but I don't think it will be economically efficient to ship them to you.

a-class1.jpg.0bfc6d45d668287975b878d12177d0aa.jpg