Sign in to follow this  
Raz'r

Flynn NOT exonerated. Apologies from the right?

Recommended Posts

If only he hadn’t lied. Prolly learned it from his parents. What an abusive thing to do to one’s child. 
 

break the cycle, bullshitters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

You are misinformed. The contact with the Russian ambassador the subject of the interview occurred after the election. Further the FBI had a transcript of the discussion so had no reason to interview Flynn other to set him up which is what they did.

Why did Flynn lie about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

You are misinformed. The contact with the Russian ambassador the subject of the interview occurred after the election. Further the FBI had a transcript of the discussion so had no reason to interview Flynn other to set him up which is what they did.

You still did not answer the question: When investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, asking a person related to the campaign if they had had contacts with the Fucking Russian Ambassador would seem to be germane would it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Remodel said:
3 hours ago, Dog said:

You are misinformed. The contact with the Russian ambassador the subject of the interview occurred after the election. Further the FBI had a transcript of the discussion so had no reason to interview Flynn other to set him up which is what they did.

You still did not answer the question: When investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, asking a person related to the campaign if they had had contacts with the Fucking Russian Ambassador would seem to be germane would it not?

And why would that person lie, when answering?

Because Obama!

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case one wishes to educate oneself on U.S.C. § 1001 and the precedents and interpretations that the courts have placed on it.

https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/criminal-resource-manual-916-false-statements-federal-investigator

Flynn lied, was fired by the President for lying, and pled guilty twice. If he accepts the pardon, he will have essentially pled guilty once more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

I'd say Carter Page has the goods. If you don't understand that the Obama administration committed a fraud against the court and used the agencies of government against its political opponents  you're a dupe. Hell, we have documentary evidence that the plot to contrive a charge against Flynn was discussed in the Oval Office and President elect Biden participated.

Up is down, black is white but even assholes have dogs which remain loyal.

You say "Carter has the goods" but Flynn has repeatedly declared his guilt, and President Trump has confirmed it by pardoning him. Our nation and your heroes are batting a thousand showing how wrong you are, yet still you cling to fiction.

Carry on, my woe-begotten victim. Refuse to swim, and cling fast to that sinking ship. Ignore the departure of the other rats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

You are misinformed. The contact with the Russian ambassador the subject of the interview occurred after the election. Further the FBI had a transcript of the discussion so had no reason to interview Flynn other to set him up which is what they did.

The Crossfire investigation of your boy Flynn was opened August 16, 2016. The OIG report said:

The opening EC for the Flynn investigation stated that there was an articulable factual basis that Flynn "may wittingly or unwittingly be involved in activity on behalf of the Russian Federation which may constitute a federal crime or threat to the national security." The EC cross-referenced the predication for Crossfire Hurricane and stated that Flynn was an advisor to the Trump campaign, had various ties to state-affiliated entities of Russia, and traveled to Russia in December 2015.

This is your boy seated next to Putin in Moscow in 2015.

image.png.4dc46003d953410afd14154dd443375d.png

Dog, why do you lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Remodel said:

 

Flynn lied, was fired by the President for lying, and pled guilty twice. If he accepts the pardon, he will have essentially pled guilty once more.

 

Yep, the traitor is laid out, plain to see. Plenty of traitor-supporters to fleece.

Can Biden disqualify him from his pension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Up is down, black is white but even assholes have dogs which remain loyal.

You say "Carter has the goods" but Flynn has repeatedly declared his guilt, and President Trump has confirmed it by pardoning him. Our nation and your heroes are batting a thousand showing how wrong you are, yet still you cling to fiction.

Carry on, my woe-begotten victim. Refuse to swim, and cling fast to that sinking ship. Ignore the departure of the other rats.

I'm thinking you couldn't cite one thing I have wrong which is why you offer this shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A possibly dumb question about pardons...does the Flynn pardon only cover the crimes to which he pled guilty?

If so, there are a pile of other charges which were apparently not included in that plea. Can the FBI go after him for those other crimes, now that he broke the agreement to plead guilty to one reduced charge?

I can't imagine a pardon being a forever get out of jail card for anything, but I could be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A possibly dumb question about pardons...does the Flynn pardon only cover the crimes to which he pled guilty?

If so, there are a pile of other charges which were apparently not included in that plea. Can the FBI go after him for those other crimes, now that he broke the agreement to plead guilty to one reduced charge?

I can't imagine a pardon being a forever get out of jail card for anything, but I could be surprised.

I believe it’s just what he was pardoned for. The Special Prosecutor for Graft and Other Nefarious Deeds could likely find something if she wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

A possibly dumb question about pardons...does the Flynn pardon only cover the crimes to which he pled guilty?

If so, there are a pile of other charges which were apparently not included in that plea. Can the FBI go after him for those other crimes, now that he broke the agreement to plead guilty to one reduced charge?

I can't imagine a pardon being a forever get out of jail card for anything, but I could be surprised.

It depends on what the pardon says. Nixon got a clean slate, like a born again Christian confessing his sins.... Others get just the crime for which they were convicted thrown out. This one could be for just the lies for which he pleaded guilty, or for any other crimes he might have committed. Has the pardon been released to the public yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Carry on, my woe-begotten victim. Refuse to swim, and cling fast to that sinking ship. Ignore the departure of the other rats.

I never thought of Dog as a rat. Rats are the right leaning 'independents'. Yeah, they actually understand that water over their heads is a Bad Thing® and that jumping onto a life raft is good. This is a rat level of intelligence, trainable but not educable and concerned with survival (self interest). Dog is not a rat. Dog is a dog; dogs are loyal to their boy and Dog is very loyal to his boy, Shitstain.

image.png.54b5754831115cb4d5e84b1e75de2fac.png

As for Flynn's pardon, it isn't public yet. Shitstain bloviated at length about it (somehow missing the fact that he had fired Flynn) but he still hasn't released the text of the pardon.

This is a publicly released pardon and this site is where you'd find the Flynn pardon.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/page/file/1042416/download

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Up is down, black is white but even assholes have dogs which remain loyal.

You say "Carter has the goods" but Flynn has repeatedly declared his guilt, and President Trump has confirmed it by pardoning him. Our nation and your heroes are batting a thousand showing how wrong you are, yet still you cling to fiction.

Carry on, my woe-begotten victim. Refuse to swim, and cling fast to that sinking ship. Ignore the departure of the other rats.

I'm thinking you couldn't cite one thing I have wrong which is why you offer this shit.

Did you miss my cite of what you've consistently gotten wrong? Here is is in bold.

Flynn can never be exonerated now. He will forever be guilty; proven by his own repeated admissions, by Trump's pardon, and by his acceptance of a pardon for crimes he committed against the United States.

Anyone, including you, thinking their bloviating alters these facts is arguing that up is down, black is white and whipped dogs are smart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Did you miss my cite of what you've consistently gotten wrong? Here is is in bold.

Flynn can never be exonerated now. He will forever be guilty; proven by his own repeated admissions, by Trump's pardon, and by his acceptance of a pardon for crimes he committed against the United States.

Anyone, including you, thinking their bloviating alters these facts is arguing that up is down, black is white and whipped dogs are smart.

I didn't say he was exonerated did I. He should be because he did nothing illegal as everyone who has been paying attention including Flynn now knows. Judge Sullivan by refusing to rule on the uncontested motion to dismiss denied Flynn his due process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I didn't say he was exonerated did I. ....

Well, you -did- start a thread with that title..........

:lol:

- DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, you -did- start a thread with that title..........

:lol:

- DSK

I did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was Dog's fellow elk, Warbird.

In all honesty, it's hard to tell the difference. Both lie for their boy Shitstain.

However, without using the word exonerate which has the definition:

(especially of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing, especially after due consideration of the case.
 
Dog did say:

I do not. This case should be thrown out (and I predict, will be). Cases are thrown out all the time for minor technicalities let alone for the kind of stunning misconduct we know occurred here.

There's a word for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That was Dog's fellow elk, Warbird.

In all honesty, it's hard to tell the difference. Both lie for their boy Shitstain.

However, without using the word exonerate which has the definition:

(especially of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing, especially after due consideration of the case.
 
Dog did say:

I do not. This case should be thrown out (and I predict, will be). Cases are thrown out all the time for minor technicalities let alone for the kind of stunning misconduct we know occurred here.

There's a word for that.

Dogshit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

That was Dog's fellow elk, Warbird.   ...

 

Well, there is a difference

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I did?

No you didn't, and I apologize for the mix up. An honest mistake, I thought you started that thread and you certainly posted plenty that supported your belief in that title.......

- DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:

I didn't say he was exonerated did I. He should be because he did nothing illegal as everyone who has been paying attention including Flynn now knows. Judge Sullivan by refusing to rule on the uncontested motion to dismiss denied Flynn his due process.

Maybe you can take it a step further and explain why Trump is considering pardoning himself.  Exactly what crimes would he be pardoning himself for prior to be charged with any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dog said:

“I'm inclined, more than ever, to believe that what he communicated to me during the transition leading to our inauguration -- that was unintentional and not that he was not attempting to misrepresent facts,”  VP Pence

 What was mis-misrepresented?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

htf did he not get kicked out of the army?

How did he survive basic training?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

No you didn't, and I apologize for the mix up. An honest mistake, I thought you started that thread and you certainly posted plenty that supported your belief in that title.......

- DSK

Nonsense... Flynn was set up by the Obama Administration and we know the plot extended all the way to the Oval Office and involved Joe Biden. He plead guilty to what we now know was not a crime. Flynn was collateral damage in a perverse scheme to get Trump. I have never expressed the belief that Flynn had been exonerated but that he hasn't been is a travesty of justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question for the defenders/supporters of President Trump -

If he decides to do so, of what crime(s) will he self pardon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Quick question for the defenders/supporters of President Trump -

If he decides to do so, of what crime(s) will he self pardon?

It will be a catch-all phrase like "any and all" There will be nothing specific.

 

edit> He may even go so far as to say "any and all, past and future..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Nonsense... Flynn was set up by the Obama Administration and we know the plot extended all the way to the Oval Office and involved Joe Biden. He plead guilty to what we now know was not a crime. Flynn was collateral damage in a perverse scheme to get Trump. I have never expressed the belief that Flynn had been exonerated but that he hasn't been is a travesty of justice.

If what you say is true, why does he need a pardon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Remodel said:
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Quick question for the defenders/supporters of President Trump -

If he decides to do so, of what crime(s) will he self pardon?

It will be a catch-all phrase like "any and all" There will be nothing specific.

 

edit> He may even go so far as to say "any and all, past and future..."

A blanket pardon for any all crimes would not surprise me.

But, since the Faithful seem to believe he has committed no crime(s).......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Remodel said:
3 hours ago, Dog said:

.....

If what you say is true, why does he need a pardon?

 

:lol:

Dog? True? Oh wait, you're trying to create a space-time wormhole, sorry, carry on.......

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Remodel said:

If what you say is true, why does he need a pardon?

Because the people who framed him and used the agencies of government against him are going to be back in power. Which is also why he can't get a ruling on his uncontested motion to dismiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because the people who framed him and used the agencies of government against him are going to be back in power. Which is also why he can't get a ruling on his uncontested motion to dismiss.

For fuck's sake, you are so full of shit. Why don't you want the court to rule on the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Because the people who framed him and used the agencies of government against him are going to be back in power. Which is also why he can't get a ruling on his uncontested motion to dismiss.

If he really did what he was accused of, then how was he "framed"?

And why didn't the Trump DOJ actually produce any actual charges of actual wrongdoing by "the people who framed him"  etc etc?

All you're doing is parroting Trump's nonsense about "the biggest political crime in history blah blah blah." But guess who's team is sitting in jail (except for the ones that have been pardoned)

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If he really did what he was accused of, then how was he "framed"?

And why didn't the Trump DOJ actually produce any actual charges of actual wrongdoing by "the people who framed him"  etc etc?

All you're doing is parroting Trump's nonsense about "the biggest political crime in history blah blah blah." But guess who's team is sitting in jail (except for the ones that have been pardoned)

- DSK

He is just parroting Sydney Powell's absurd talking points. As if she has any credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because the people who framed him and used the agencies of government against him are going to be back in power. Which is also why he can't get a ruling on his uncontested motion to dismiss.

Framed him? McCabe asked him to come in on his own and asked if he wanted a lawyer, to which Flynn said no, stupid.  There were tapes, lots of tapes with Kislyak that Flynn knowing lied about.  Everyone in the Obama AND Trump admins knew he was lying.  He then admitted guilt.  No one on the planet thought he was framed until he fired his law firm and hired.. wait for it.. Sidney Powell of the Law firm of Four Seasons Landscaping and Ambulance Chasing.   And on August 31st of this year, in an 8-2 decision, the appeals court DENIED the dismissal. So... "Can't get a ruling"- Dog Lie.  "Uncontested"- Dog Lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Remodel said:

He is just parroting Sydney Powell's absurd talking points. As if she has any credibility.

Has Dog noticed yet that we held another election, and Trump lost?

You wanna tell him, or just wait and see it play out naturally?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dog said:

Nonsense... Flynn was set up by the Obama Administration and we know the plot extended all the way to the Oval Office and involved Joe Biden. He plead guilty to what we now know was not a crime. Flynn was collateral damage in a perverse scheme to get Trump. I have never expressed the belief that Flynn had been exonerated but that he hasn't been is a travesty of justice.

  Nyet, that is a RW info-op to confuse people into thinking there was no cause to conduct a counter intelligence investigation into Flynn. They are not contesting that Flynn did the things he confessed to, the case being made is the FBI acted illegally in the investigation. 

 The notion that candidates and their staffs are above all counter intelligence investigation is novel and baseless. Followed to it's logical conclusion someone who has multiple ties to a foreign intelligence service and lies about having them could not be investigated...simply because he was running for some office somewhere...like dog catcher in Bug Tussle AL. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dog said:

Because the people who framed him and used the agencies of government against him are going to be back in power. Which is also why he can't get a ruling on his uncontested motion to dismiss.

Wait, Trump won after all? Cause it was his DOJ that got him to plead guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If only he hadn’t lied. Look at all of the trouble his parents caused by not teaching him to tell the truth. 

Dog or Flynn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Dog in noticeably absent now that his final breath of bullshit has been extinguished.

He’ll circle back to this line of bullshit before you know it, when he needs a distraction from COVID numbers or vote counts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Remodel said:

For fuck's sake, you are so full of shit. Why don't you want the court to rule on the case?

I do want the court to rule on the uncontested motion to dismissal. Should have done it 6 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mark K said:

  Nyet, that is a RW info-op to confuse people into thinking there was no cause to conduct a counter intelligence investigation into Flynn. They are not contesting that Flynn did the things he confessed to, the case being made is the FBI acted illegally in the investigation. 

 The notion that candidates and their staffs are above all counter intelligence investigation is novel and baseless. Followed to it's logical conclusion someone who has multiple ties to a foreign intelligence service and lies about having them could not be investigated...simply because he was running for some office somewhere...like dog catcher in Bug Tussle AL. 

Bullshit...We have documentary evidence that Comey reported to president Obama that Flynn's communications with Kisliak were legitimate. In that same Oval Office meeting VP Joe Biden himself suggested the Logan Act as a pretext for interviewing Flynn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Wait, Trump won after all? Cause it was his DOJ that got him to plead guilty. 

Wrong....It was Mueller's team. It was Jeff Jenson conducting a review of the case for DOJ who uncovered the illegally withheld exculpatory evidence that resulted in DOJ dropping the case. The Obama administration weaponized the agencies of government to target the Trump administration. Carter Page has filed suit, Flynn may be next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice @Dog refuses to consider Flynn’s lying on security clearance forms a crime. He also considers Flynn’s lying on forms when he retroactively declared himself a foreign agent perfectly above board.

I guess that he considers the security breaches immaterial, and scrutiny of the head of our national security apparatus improper. Such a figure, according to @Dog, should be allowed to demonstrate a pattern of false statements without repercussions as long as he is loyal to his president.

Furthermore, once he admits to such flagrant violations of security precautions, twice, he should be granted full pardon because that sets a good example for all members of our intelligence community. You can commit crimes and violate protocols as long as you remain loyal to persons in positions of power.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I notice @Dog refuses to consider Flynn’s lying on security clearance forms a crime. He also considers Flynn’s lying on forms when he retroactively declared himself a foreign agent perfectly above board.

I guess that he considers the security breaches immaterial, and scrutiny of the head of our national security apparatus improper. Such a figure, according to @Dog, should be allowed to demonstrate a pattern of false statements without repercussions as long as he is loyal to his president.

Furthermore, once he admits to such flagrant violations of security precautions, twice, he should be granted full pardon because that sets a good example for all members of our intelligence community. You can commit crimes and violate protocols as long as you remain loyal to persons in positions of power.

I notice that Philly attempts to change the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dog said:
14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Wait, Trump won after all? Cause it was his DOJ that got him to plead guilty. 

Wrong....It was Mueller's team.    ...

Umm, hey stupid

Who was Mueller's boss?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

Wrong....It was Mueller's team. It was Jeff Jenson conducting a review of the case for DOJ who uncovered the illegally withheld exculpatory evidence that resulted in DOJ dropping the case. The Obama administration weaponized the agencies of government to target the Trump administration. Carter Page has filed suit, Flynn may be next.

Mueller was a Republican, reporting to Trump’s guy. This act of yours is quite tiresome. You’re a traitor enabler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

Bullshit...We have documentary evidence that Comey reported to president Obama that Flynn's communications with Kisliak were legitimate. In that same Oval Office meeting VP Joe Biden himself suggested the Logan Act as a pretext for interviewing Flynn.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Articles are not documentary evidence. They are grist for bullshitters. Happy chewing. 

But articles can contain an an image of the documentary evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dog said:

But articles can contain an an image of the documentary evidence.

Okay Bullshitter. That’s all the time you get unless you post what you said “we” have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

On August 31st of this year, in an 8-2 decision, the appeals court DENIED the dismissal.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/politics/michael-flynn-court-case/index.html

Liar

The appeals court did not rule on dismissal, they sent it back to judge Sullivan to rule on first. If Sullivan had ruled against Flynn (to date he hasn't ruled one way or the other) that decision would be appealed back to the appeals court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flynn is now officially off the hook for anything anytime.

Quote

On November 25, 2020, the President of the United States issued an executive grant of clemency to Michael T. Flynn. See Attachment. In particular, the President granted General Flynn“a full and unconditional pardon” for (1) the charge of making false statements to Federal investigators, in violation of Section 1001, Title 18, United States Code, as charged in the Information filed in this case (Doc. 1); (2) any and all possible offenses arising from the facts set forth in the Information and Statement of Offense filed under that docket number or that might arise, or be charged, claimed, or asserted, in connection with the proceedings under that docket number (Doc. 4); (3) any and all possible offenses within the investigatory authority or jurisdiction of the Special Counsel appointed on May 17, 2017, including the initial Appointment Order No. 3915-2017 and subsequent memoranda regarding the Special Counsel's investigatory authority; and (4) any and all possible offenses arising out of facts and circumstances known to, identified by, or in any manner related to the investigation of the Special Counsel, including, but not limited to, any grand jury proceedings in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000176-1b60-d27b-a5f6-db7067980000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commentary from Politico:

Quote

The case has been pending before U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan for nearly three years. Sullivan has been considering the Justice Department’s effort to dismiss the case since the spring, appointing an outside adviser who urged him to reject the dismissal as an obvious political effort to protect an ally of the president.

 

Trump’s pardon absolves Flynn of “any and all possible offenses” arising from Mueller’s investigation, as well as any related grand jury proceedings. The clemency grant uses sweeping language, immunizing Flynn from charges based on “facts and circumstances, known to, identified by, or in any manner related to the investigation of the Special Counsel.”

Some legal experts described Trump‘s move as perhaps the broadest act of clemency since President Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon in 1974.

“Pardons are typically directed at specific convictions or at a minimum at specific charges,” said Margy Love, former pardon attorney for Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, who now leads the Collateral Consequences Resource Center. “I can think of only one other pardon as broad as this one, extending as it does to conduct that has not yet been charged, and that is the one that President Ford granted to Richard Nixon.”

"In fact you might say that this pardon is even broader than the Nixon pardon, which was strictly cabined by his time as president,“ Love said. “In contrast, the pardon granted to Flynn appears to extend to conduct that took place prior to Trump‘s election to the presidency, and to bear no relationship to his service to the president, before or after the election.“

Even the broadly construed Iran-Contra pardons granted by Bush “were limited to conduct that took place in the service of the presidency,“ Love said.

Flynn‘s pardon appears to rule out a variety of other potential charges that his critics had suggested he might be open to even if he wound up getting off the hook on the false statement charge he pleaded guilty to in December 2017. The retired Army general and former Defense Intelligence Agency chief was still awaiting sentencing on that charge when Trump issued the grant of clemency last week.

Some legal experts said Flynn could be prosecuted for factual contradictions between what he told judges in 2017 and 2018 and what he later contended in a declaration submitted to the court as part of his attempt to withdraw his guilty plea. In its filing, the Justice Department emphasized that it viewed Trump’s pardon as including any potential “criminal contempt” that Sullivan might have been contemplating based on Flynn’s reversal.

“Accordingly, the President’s pardon, which General Flynn has accepted, moots this case,” prosecutor Jocelyn Ballantine wrote.

There were also questions about whether he might face prosecution for contradictions with statements he made during grand jury appearances, as well his criminal liability

on several potential charges related to his work for Turkish interests in 2016 while serving as a top campaign adviser to Trump.

Flynn’s lobbying firm registered for the work on behalf of a firm based in the Netherlands, but prosecutors contend that the Turkish governor was the real client or at least enjoyed some control over the project, which paid $600,000 to Flynn’s consulting practice at the height of the presidential race.

A statement Flynn agreed to in connection with his guilty plea suggested he was aware that some facts in submissions to the Justice Department about the work were not accurate. But Flynn later contended that he’d simply failed to look at the filings as closely as he should have and that any inaccuracies were the responsibility of his attorneys.

Some legal precedent suggests pardons may be valid only if they are agreed to by their recipients, but the Justice Department’s filing also weighs in on this point, saying: “General Flynn has accepted the President’s pardon.”

Scumbag.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/trump-flynn-pardon-reprieve-441527

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, this removes from him any 5th Amendment protection, correct?

I believe so. And acceptance of the pardon is an admission of guilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I believe so. And acceptance of the pardon is an admission of guilt.

I believe the moon is made of cheese. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I believe so. And acceptance of the pardon is an admission of guilt.

Admissions of guilt are also admissions of guilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Admissions of guilt are also admissions of guilt.

Well, there is that. Those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dog said:

The appeals court did not rule on dismissal, they sent it back to judge Sullivan to rule on first. If Sullivan had ruled against Flynn (to date he hasn't ruled one way or the other) that decision would be appealed back to the appeals court.

DC Circuit Court of Appeals court sided 2-1 with Flynn in ordering the lower court to toss his case. Monday's 8-2 decision by the full court reached the opposite conclusion.

The appeals court also declined to reassign Flynn's case to another trial judge, after Flynn's legal team accused Sullivan of becoming partial against Flynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

What scares me about Flynn is that he is/was a General. What are the other Generals and Admirals doing after they retire?

Flynn's Wikipedia page is not very flattering.

He's fucking nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

But is he an outlier? I fear if he was, he wouldn't have been so open about it.

I can't answer the outlier suggestion. I expect he isn't, though

 

I think he was just a late bloomer......

 

 

PS, War Machine on Netflix is worth a watch......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dog said:

But articles can contain an an image of the documentary evidence.

You have finished top of the class for shark jumping with that doozy! 

I think you are on the SA payroll as a foil for trolling responses and upping the google ad clicks or something like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

You have finished top of the class for shark jumping with that doozy! 

I think you are on the SA payroll as a foil for trolling responses and upping the google ad clicks or something like that. 

Only if there is monetization in being mocked as an imbecile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, another 505 sailor said:

What about his son?

The one, they say, he was trying to protect by pleading guilty?  That son?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

You have finished top of the class for shark jumping with that doozy! 

I think you are on the SA payroll as a foil for trolling responses and upping the google ad clicks or something like that. 

Nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites