Sign in to follow this  
Marcjsmith

Greta's back

The CNN Coronavirus town hall on 7 May featured Al Gore, who isn't a medical expert either. No controversy over that, so why should Thunberg be singled out?

Because SARS Cov 2/Covid 19 is the ideal tool for a low resistance push-back global reset.

The new normal includes never going back to those awful uber Co2 polluting pastimes we had such as:

Cheap low-budget flights to god-knows-where in wide-bodied jets, ICE powered cars/bikes, and cruise ships… etc, etc… all termed

L E G A C Y   S Y S T E M S

Greta is a new normal advocate, she'll spell it out for you.

• Like 1

I don't always take advice on how to reorganize the whole world's economy, medical, and political systems. But when I do, I ask a 16 year old.

• Like 3

I don’t get worked up over a child living her best life. 

I do question the producers who put the panel together as to maximize right wing outrage and minimizing public health communication. It is almost as if we’re still in business as usual and not an epidemic 

2 minutes ago, Miffy said:

While I happen to support reasonable efforts to reduce CO2 (and other pollutants), is a 16yr old who quits school and becomes a globally polarizing figure really living her "best life"? Or is she just a wierdo who's being taken advantage of by extremists to drive their agenda?

6 minutes ago, Starboard!! said:

While I happen to support reasonable efforts to reduce CO2 (and other pollutants), is a 16yr old who quits school and becomes a globally polarizing figure really living her "best life"? Or is she just a wierdo who's being taken advantage of by extremists to drive their agenda?

She’s getting to sail for free, get appearances and maximize her PR value with minimal expertise or investment. Didn’t even have to go to school. 

she’s living her best life. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miffy said:

I do question the producers who put the panel together as to maximize right wing outrage and minimizing public health communication. It is almost as if we’re still in business as usual and not an epidemic 

It's been awhile since CNN moved from news to the talk radio TV format.

Although their on-air personalities are not cheap they are way cheaper than actually going out and providing news coverage across a range of topics. If you get your information from CNN you will have no idea about Brexit, about the right wing populist threat to rule of law in some EU countries, about war crimes being committed in Yemen by many some of whom use US made munitions, about genocide in Myanmar,  about...well really 98% of the worlds most important news stories. If you watch CNN you will get hours covering the stable genius a days coverage could be more usefully conveyed in 15 minutes. At the moment you will get that same sort of saturation coverage of Covid 19 most of which is filler...so yah folks like Al Gore and Greta are good low cost filler but not sources of information.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Starboard!! said:

... is a 16yr old who quits school and becomes a globally polarizing figure really living her "best life"? Or is she just a wierdo who's being taken advantage of by extremists to drive their agenda?

10 minutes ago, Miffy said:

She’s getting to sail for free, get appearances and maximize her PR value with minimal expertise or investment. Didn’t even have to go to school. 

she’s living her best life. 

Both may be true.

She is an effective communication device for a particular view on a public policy issue. Is she being used (misused?) for that purpose...if you believe in that POV then you sure as hell hope she is being used because she is for some audiences a useful communication vehicle.

Whether that is best for her personal development and mental health could be debatable, not something I'm equipped to opine on but I do hope the adults in her life think about it.

In addition to being a useful vehicle for a cause she believes in she is getting some fascinating life experiences.

Most important in "best life" category is she is doing something she clearly believes in. That should not be dismissed. Very few people get an opportunity to immerse themselves  in pursuits and causes they are passionate about.

Please, no re-run of the Greta threads.....

• Like 2

Sounds like a marketing ploy for CNN to draw more eyeballs...

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

• Like 1

Greta is there because she is a high profile social influencer. Nothing more than a Kardashian for a different audience.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Philosophy, is a walk on a slippery rock.

Are you sure? I heard that philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.

• Like 1

The snowflakes get so triggered over a 16 year old girl.  Ignore and move on you whiny asses.

2 hours ago, SeattleB said:

The snowflakes get so triggered over a 16 year old girl.  Ignore and move on you whiny asses.

I think it is absutdly himourous.

23 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Please, no re-run of the Greta threads.....

She craves attention, and it would be churlish of us to not give those with mental health issues all the support they need.

38 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

She craves attention, and it would be churlish of us to not give those with mental health issues all the support they need.

I'm pretty sure that Greta notices not and cares not about attention on sailing anarchy...

So any attention found here is more about the mental health and other needs of the people offering it than about the person it is offered too

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KC375 said:

I'm pretty sure that Greta notices not and cares not about attention on sailing anarchy...

So any attention found here is more about the mental health and other needs of the people offering it than about the person it is offered too

It's a form of handicap racing.

3 hours ago, KC375 said:

And that's one in the boat. <re baits hook> There are far hotter 17 year old on-line influencers you can follow apparently. Have a look on Instagram.

Posted (edited)

Out of curiosity I sought the Greta clip out.... Oh dear? This does not do CNN any favours at all.

The mantra - following the Science is becoming a new-normal religious pastime, TG Prof Cox calls it for the BS it is…

Edited by Marinatrix447
  • Like 2