Sign in to follow this  
astro

Trump, outclassed buy a black guy, and he fucking hates it.

'It eats him alive inside': Trump's latest attack shows endless obsession with Obama

4000.jpg?width=640&quality=85&auto=forma

There are a few reasons, argues Setmayer, host of the Honestly Speaking podcast. “First off, Donald Trump has a problem where I think he’s just jealous of the fact that President Obama is still so admired. Number two, I think he has a problem with people of color who are in authority that don’t do the kind of song and dance that he wants them to do.

It would be one of the gravest consequences of Trump’s Obama obsession. Miller added: “There’s some racism there but, most of all, it’s driven by the fact that Obama has the thing that Trump has always craved but never achieved, and that’s respect. I’ve always thought that the respect that Barack Obama gets from people in this country and around the world is something that just eats Trump alive inside.”

• Like 1

That would be true if Trump understood the concept of respect. He doesn't.

He thinks that fear and respect are interchangable.

Trump simply envys Obama his popularity. He just doesn't understand it.

There is no "deep down inside" Trump and he has nothing inside to eat.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Loved Obama's response to Trump's Obamagate Tweets.

Vote

That's what dignity looks like.

• Like 4

You can’t demand respect. You can’t inherit it. You have to earn it. Lying pieces of shit need not apply. 

• Like 8

Everyone he makes up does call him "Sir" though, and they do it with a dramatic pause before continuing on about how great of a job he is doing.  And how about that moment of Trump praise that his administration staff start with before telling us how many people died that day from the virus.  That has to be sincere.  I never heard people start their speeches with praise of Obama during his administration.   Trump must be the most respected president ever.

34 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You can’t demand respect. You can’t inherit it. You have to earn it. Lying pieces of shit need not apply. 

Straight Up

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

He thinks that fear and respect are interchangeable.

That's the case with all thugs and gangsters.

Well, to be fair, Obama out-classes just about everybody - not just the Drumph.

That being said, Obama leaned much too far to the Reich during his admin. 

5 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, to be fair, Obama out-classes just about everybody - not just the Drumph.

That being said, Obama leaned much too far to the Reich during his admin. 

It is called consensus or compromise governing with a hostile Congress........

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

He thinks that fear and respect are interchangable.

That didn't work out so well in the Game of Thrones now did it.  

And *Rump doesn't have any dragons.

28 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

It is called consensus or compromise governing with a hostile Congress........

Respectfully disagree: Obama had two years, nearly, to get health care done. He could have passed M4A under reconciliation. And he should have strengthened Social Security too - not offer to negotiate it away. I could go on. And he really did not do very much to improve the lives of minorities and the poor. 

Too many corporate dems seem to try to think up reasons why they can't get stuff done. 

And the measures that he did take paved the way for crushing electoral losses by the Dems. 

Not saying that you have to agree with me. 

• Like 1

Where is the spelling / grammar police on the thread title? Oh, yeah, echo chamber.

Obama really missed the boat by spending his first two years with a majority trying to seek consensus with those asshole Republicans who had vowed to make him a one -term president.

He should have steamrollered the fuckers while he had the chance.

And he should have jailed a bunch of the Wall Street criminals - starting with the ones who paid bonuses out of TARP money.

• Like 2

You've chosen to ignore content by Squareknot85. Options

Fuck off Dabs.

Nobody wants you here, not even the right wing idiots.

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Respectfully disagree: Obama had two years, nearly, to get health care done. He could have passed M4A under reconciliation. And he should have strengthened Social Security too - not offer to negotiate it away. I could go on. And he really did not do very much to improve the lives of minorities and the poor. 

Too many corporate dems seem to try to think up reasons why they can't get stuff done. 

And the measures that he did take paved the way for crushing electoral losses by the Dems. 

Not saying that you have to agree with me. 

Don't buy the two year supermajority myth.

In reality, Obama had about four months with an actual Democratic majority - from late Sept 2009 - the end of January 2010.

Al Franken would have made 60 votes, True. But here were several factors in play including.

• Al Franken's seat was under dispute and he did not get seated until July 7, 2009, 246 days after the election and six months after normal. So when he took office in Jan 2009  Obama had 59 votes until Franken was seated.
  • Robert Byrd was hospitalized in February, 2009
  • When Franken was sworn in that technically brought Obama to 60, but Byrd was still out sick and couldn't vote.
  • Ted Kennedy was hospitalized and died in August, very shortly after Franken took office and while Byrd was still out.
  • Kennedy's seat was filled in September 24 2009, the first time the Democrats had a full voting 60 vote supermajority.
  • Scott Brown won Kennedy's seat in a special election in January 2010

Of course, the election of Scott Brown (R) ended the 60 vote supermajority when took office in February.

The the only time that Obama had a 60 vote supermajority Senate behind him was from Sept 24 2009 - Feb 3 2010.

And during his first two years, Obama made the fatal mistake of thinking the Senate was not dysfunctional, and tried to work on a bipartisan basis with McConnell instead of slamming everything home he could without Republican help at the end of 2009.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929869

• Like 2

Open Warfare begins

At an online “virtual” commencement ceremony for Historically Black College and Universities this afternoon, the former US president, Barack Obama, told graduates moments ago about his successor administration’s actions on the pandemic:

"More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing.

A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

Barak Obama..

Obama and LeBron are doing a virtual HS graduation right now and it’s really a lot of fun to watch.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

The the only time that Obama had a 60 vote supermajority Senate behind him was from Sept 24 2009 - Feb 3 2010.

And during his first two years, Obama made the fatal mistake of thinking the Senate was not dysfunctional, and tried to work on a bipartisan basis with McConnell instead of slamming everything home he could without Republican help at the end of 2009.

And that is where we disagree. During that period . . .

Why not a decent minimum wage? Why not M4A? Voting rights? Not to mention locking up some banksters. 

The list is lengthy 

The point is that the modern Dem Party is no longer the party of FDR 

Obama should have known from the 1992-3 health care fiasco that the Reich would never cooperate on limiting the power of our corporate overlords. 

There are no Dem "moderates" - they are corporate lackeys, and as much the enemy as the Reich. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who Biden selects as his advisors once he is sworn in.

"People" are already saying that to elect Biden would simply be giving Obama a third term .

Question is..in the current climate and with the mess to be cleaned up;

Would that be a bad thing?

and

Would Obama accept such a position? I doubt it.

He’s speaking in complete sentences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Have his dentures slipped yet? Are his sinuses backed up?

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I literally just finished saying that very thing to someone. What a refreshing change of pace. 

• Like 2

does Trump know who he's running against? I'm sure if any of his aides tell him it's not "O" they'll get fired. maybe Faux news can setup that debate

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I literally just finished saying that very thing to someone. What a refreshing change of pace. 

We watched the graduation thing through Obama's talk.

It would be awesome if Trump could do something like that too. Maybe we can get some more stories about hookers and blow like he almost told a group og Boy Scouts a couple of years ago. If you could get him to stop praising himself and lying about Democrats long enough.

• Like 2

I shudder to think of how President Trump would've made it about himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

That's going to make someone's head explode.

I trust Twitter will be alight sometime around 3:00 AM EDT.

They knew better than to invite the Reichista Drumph to 

say a few words. 

Orange is the new Black

image.png.745ec80487d93c76b915b7bdc9f00fd5.png

Unfortunately, none of that matters. FOX wants Trump and so does Clear Channel Communications. 
   There will be 24/7 political advertising pro Trump and anti Biden continuing as it has been since the Republican media started its efforts thirty years ago. 
      There is no similarly organized media supporting Democrats and certainly no media supporting the virtually non-existent American left. 

virtually non-existent American left

Is that the same left that got millions more votes for president last time?

15 minutes ago, solosailor said:

I don't think anyone could rationally call Hillary leftist. More like center/right.

Trump is outclassed by his wife, and she’s an illegal immigrant who was/is a call girl.

2 hours ago, solosailor said:

No.

It's the "Not As Right Wing" part of your political world.

20 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who Biden selects as his advisors once he is sworn in.

"People" are already saying that to elect Biden would simply be giving Obama a third term .

Question is..in the current climate and with the mess to be cleaned up;

Would that be a bad thing?

and

Would Obama accept such a position? I doubt it.

You’re making a big jump to Biden appointing anyone.   If as most expect the Virus will be in the background and the economy is bouncing back in the Fall.  

Trump has a huge advantage when it comes to who will do a better job on the economy, 12 points or more over Biden.  The campaign message will be who do you trust on building the economy back to where it was under President Trump.  

Trump who actually did it or Biden who was part of the slowest recovery ever after a recession.  

Not that Trump will stick to that message, but if he does all the other stuff will mean very little outside the far left.  

Despite what you may believe most Americans do not blame Trump for the virus nor consider him responsible for the people that died.  I do not think that will lose him any votes. 

They do vote there pocket books.  As James Carville  once famously said 

“It’s the economy stupid”. 

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

most expect the Virus will be in the background and the economy is bouncing back in the Fall.  

Which epidemiologists think the virus will 'be in the background' in the American fall?

8 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Unfortunately, none of that matters. FOX wants Trump and so does Clear Channel Communications. 
   There will be 24/7 political advertising pro Trump and anti Biden continuing as it has been since the Republican media started its efforts thirty years ago. 
      There is no similarly organized media supporting Democrats and certainly no media supporting the virtually non-existent American left. 

Now that’s fucking hilarious.  The entire MSM outside Fox is firmly on the side of the left.   Not organized?  They repeat the same anti right attacks every single day many times using the same key word over and over.  

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Now that’s fucking hilarious.  The entire MSM outside Fox is firmly on the side of the left.   Not organized?  They repeat the same anti right attacks every single day many times using the same key word over and over.  

The entire MSM outside Fox is firmly on the side of the left.  

Yet as Fox is always happy to tout, it gets more viewers than every one of the 'MSM' channels. More than many of them combined. Fox is the MSM.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Which epidemiologists think the virus will 'be in the background' in the American fall?

All of them?  None of them?   I don’t really care.   Unless this acts dramatically different than the corona viruses we have already encountered it will go away over the summer and will flair up again in the fall.   Unless we have a very early cold spell that flare up will most likely occur after the election. 
It’s my  opinion you are welcome to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Only the whackadoodles on the  extreme right view mainstream centrist media as leftist. 
Bernie’s gang is pretty much where Ike was in 1956 and the Republicans are Chasing the policies of Benito Mussolini 

2E50139F-63FF-4F15-8A07-24DA0B8BBA2E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Yet as Fox is always happy to tout, it gets more viewers than every one of the 'MSM' channels. More than many of them combined. Fox is the MSM.

That’s on cable, if you count the millions that tune in to the network news each and every day. ABC, NBC, CBS each have millions more  viewers than the top shows on FOX NEWS. 

In the recent November sweeps periodWorld News Tonight had 8.95 million total viewers, compared with 8.16 million for NBC Nightly News and 5.78 million for CBS Evening News  

3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Only the whackadoodles on the  extreme right view mainstream centrist media as leftist. 
Bernie’s gang is pretty much where Ike was in 1956 and the Republicans are Chasing the policies of Benito Mussolini 

That was not what you were claiming.  You claimed Biden and company would not have the same type of media support as Trump.  When in reality the media supporting Biden will seriously outnumber any perceived advantage by Trump. 

In related new the Joke is outclassed by everyone and he fucking hates it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

That was not what you were claiming.  You claimed Biden and company would not have the same type of media support as Trump.  When in reality the media supporting Biden will seriously outnumber any perceived advantage by Trump. 

Nonsense!!FOX. And Clear Channel are Campaigning for Trump 24/7

the centrist media gives fair honest coverage to all sides without cheerleading.

those on the  far right see fair and honest equal coverage as left wing 

there is no left wing media 

msnbc is just a tad left of center but well right of then  1956 republicans  

23 minutes ago, The Joker said:

That’s on cable, if you count the millions that tune in to the network news

Yeah but that is entirely people over 70

21 minutes ago, The Joker said:

in reality the media supporting Biden will seriously outnumber any perceived advantage by Trump. 

Of course it will; just like the number of actual americans opposing trump outnumbers those supporting him by tens of millions.  

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Of course it will; just like the number of actual americans opposing trump outnumbers those supporting him by tens of millions.  

Not sure of that 10’s  of millions claim, but I expect Biden wins the popular vote in a landslide,   except for that pesky EC he is a shoe in. 

Yep Biden wins the popular vote in a landslide,   except for that pesky EC he is a shoe in. 

Na, he'll be fine as long as churches keep filling the pews. 

Thy will be done

5 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

How much did Trump pay for the black guy? :ph34r:

Yeah that’s how I read it the first time too.  If anyone on my side of the spectrum had wrote that, this thread would be twice as long with the first page made up of mocking for how stupid the right is.  

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Na, he'll be fine as long as churches keep filling the pews. 

Thy will be done

I have to say WTF is wrong with WI  all I saw was pics of unmasked masses in bars.  I know they take their drinking seriously,  but going without masks is really poor judgement.  Anyone from there want to chime in if it was truth or selective editing. 

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

In related new the Joke is outclassed by everyone and he fucking hates it.

I don't understand why he isn't ignored by everybody.

He adds nothing but negative value with every word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

those on the  far right see fair and honest equal coverage as left wing

That's because it's full of those lefty "facts"

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

All of them?  None of them?   I don’t really care.   Unless this acts dramatically different than the corona viruses we have already encountered it will go away over the summer and will flair up again in the fall.   Unless we have a very early cold spell that flare up will most likely occur after the election. 

I'll disagree with you.

Covid 19 spreads by prolonged close contact with either people or surfaces. Outdoors is great - indoors isnt. Indoors with AC in the middle of summer and resulting low humidity could be shaping up to be a problem, particularly away from the coasts.

You can rule out relying on transmission rates for the last 2 months because people were being careful, were locked down (in many places). They are not now. And there is a heck of a lot of texans as an example, who no longer really care, because as Trump says - its going down everywhere! (which of course it is not).

7 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Trump says - its going down everywhere! (which of course it is not).

not universally true

there are up to 2,000 cases going down everyday

best psychopath ever .. many people are saying this

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

I have to say WTF is wrong with WI  all I saw was pics of unmasked masses in bars.  I know they take their drinking seriously,  but going without masks is really poor judgement.  Anyone from there want to chime in if it was truth or selective editing. 

Wouldnt surprise me one bit. Here in Dallas, a local park (windsurfer bay) for the last 2 weeks has several hundred partying on during the weekend (not yesterday - pissed down all day). No masks, no real distancing. Mega families getting together.

Rockwall Kroger - high end neighborhood - was 100% mask, now maybe 20% masks. There is a consensus building that supermarkets arent bad for customers - not enough prolonged contact / exposure for customers, but definitely still an issue for employees sharing within their cohort.

Not seeing any cleaning / sanitizing of hands after using gas pumps. Regularly see people wiping sweat - its getting hot here - from there face after pumping. 

It is what it is. We've gone back to having to assume every other person is not serious about it, and therefore contagious - not that we didnt in the previous 8 weeks, but now we really take care personally.

Texas has about 3% population infection (unofficial, 0.7% official), so we have about 23 times what we have gone through still to go (absent a vaccine or effective treatment / so called 'cure').

FWIW my errand running in WISC earlier today leads me to believe that it is not selective editing.  Saw far fewer people wearing masks today than I’ve seen in the past couple of weeks.  Wife reports the same at the garden store she was at today.  Fewer masks, less seeming concern with social distancing.  And this is on a Sunday when it has been raining non-stop since midnight.

Darwin seems to be hard at work.

Traffic is up a lot around here today. We weren't part of it.

Regarding the thread title - That's an incredibly low bar.  It isn't hard to outclass a man who epitomizes classlessness.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, SloopJonB said:

Obama really missed the boat by spending his first two years with a majority trying to seek consensus with those asshole Republicans who had vowed to make him a one -term president.

The Dems have fat cat donors they have to serve, too.  Obama and his super-majority Congress could have passed anything they wanted in those first two years.  But they didn't because because the fat cat donors would have been very unhappy with them if they gave the masses a better life.  Instead they waited until the Republicans controlled Congress, then acted like they wanted to do wonderful things for the people, but can't because of those damn Republicans.

Actions speak louder than words.

An actual left-wing media would stand up fore-square for $15/hr min wage, and M4A, and question the Forever War and military spending and nukes. 

An actual left-wing media would defend the right of Cuba, Venezuela and Iran to exist; and express outrage over the suffering of the people in those countries directly caused by the US national security blob.  

A left-wing media would challenge the Drumphista's hissy fit against Obama for speaking out - while the Reich bashes Obama on a daily basis. 

A left-wing media would draw our attention to the utter incongruity of Drumph's claim of "draining the swamp" while firing four IG's 

A left-wing media would report and analyze American structural and cultural racism; not treat killings of minorities by cops as isolated events. 

A left-wing media would staunchly defend Antifa and Black Lives Matter. 

In the mainstream TV and radio media, the left-wing is not there. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

An actual left-wing media would stand up fore-square for $15/hr min wage,

and indexing it to inflation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Darwin seems to be hard at work.

Darwin doesn't need to work hard in the US as evadent.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

The Dems have fat cat donors they have to serve, too.  Obama and his super-majority Congress could have passed anything they wanted in those first two years.  But they didn't because because the fat cat donors would have been very unhappy with them if they gave the masses a better life.  Instead they waited until the Republicans controlled Congress, then acted like they wanted to do wonderful things for the people, but can't because of those damn Republicans.

That's not entirely accurate. I'm not a big fan of the Democratic Party and they are far too corporatist for my own taste, but you should take a look at the congressional record for that time frame. They did not do as much as we wanted, but they were also fighting to put together ObamaCare which was a huge effort.

And the whole issue of Republican obstructionism can't be overstated. Kick 'em to the curb? Changing the cloture rules was a form of that, and as easily predictable, it backfired within a couple election cycles. The one thing the Democratic Party excels at is finding the wrong middle path, because they are a herd of cats. Which is why a monolithic Republican minority has been so thoroughly able to seize power.

- DSK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

They did not do as much as we wanted, but they were also fighting to put together ObamaCare which was a huge effort.

I'm not letting them slide.  Hillary had worked on and pushed her healthcare idea for however many years.  Then they had two years to put it together and get it passed.  They could have done it if they really wanted to.  It's not as hard as they like to pretend, unless you're trying to keep the fat cats happy, too.

They had a golden opportunity to fulfill all the promises they have been making for years.  But looking at what that Congress passed, it's pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jules said:

Not quite accurate.  You make it sound like the Dems had total control and could do whatever they wanted.  Reality is a bit different.

When Obama Had “Total Control of Congress”

Lies are easy to get away with if they are repeated often enough and given voice by many different people. Repeat a lie often enough and that lie often becomes conventional wisdom. Repeating a lie doesn’t change the lie into the truth, it changes the people hearing the repeated lie. They begin to accept the lie as truth. One huge example: ‘Iraq has WMD.’

Lies make it impossible for people to communicate with each other......lies make it impossible to, as the Villagers often talk about it, have a real “conversation.”

One particular lie, often stated by right-of-center advocates, is the statement....“if Barack Obama wanted to increase taxes on the rich, stop the wars, pass a budget...blah, blah.....he could have chosen to do so because he had “total control” of the House and Senate for two full years.”

Sometimes the “two full years” is omitted from the statement......but the lie is spread nevertheless, by the “total control of Congress” phrase.

Let’s clear that all up, shall we?

Starting January 2009, at the beginning of the 111th Congress, in the month that Barack Obama was inaugurated president, the House of Representatives was made up of 257 Democrats and 178 Republicans. There is no question that Democrats had total control in the House from 2009-2011.

Even with numerous “blue-dog” (allegedly fiscally conservative) Democrats often voting with Republicans.....Speaker Pelosi had little difficulty passing legislation in the House. The House does not have the pernicious filibuster rule which the Senate uses. A majority vote in the House is all that’s necessary to pass legislation, except in rare occurrences (treaty ratification, overriding a presidential veto).

Okay, that’s the House during the first two years of Barack Obama’s presidency. For a lie to prosper, as it were, there needs to be a shred of truth woven inside the lie. It is absolutely true that from 2009-2011, Democrats and President Obama had “total control” of the House of Representatives.

But legislation does not become law without the Senate.

The Senate operates with the 60-vote-requirement filibuster rule. There are 100 Senate seats, and it takes 60 Senate votes for “closure” on a piece of legislation....to bring that piece of legislation to the floor of the Senate for amendments and a final vote....that final vote is decided by a simple majority in most cases. But it takes 60 Senate votes to even have a chance of being voted upon.

“Total control”, then, of the Senate requires 60 Democratic or Republican Senators.

On January 20th, 2009, 57 Senate seats were held by Democrats with 2 Independents (Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman) caucusing with the Democrats...which gave Democrats 59 mostly-reliable Democratic votes in the Senate, one shy of filibuster-proof “total control.” Republicans held 41 seats.

The 59 number in January, 2009 included Ted Kennedy and Al Franken. Kennedy had a seizure during an Obama inaugural luncheon and never returned to vote in the Senate.....and Al Franken was not officially seated until July 7th, 2009 (hotly contested recount demanded by Norm Coleman.)

The real Democratic Senate seat number in January, 2009 was 55 Democrats plus 2 Independents equaling 57 Senate seats.

An aside....it was during this time that Obama’s “stimulus” was passed. No Republicans in the House voted for the stimulus. However, in the Senate.....and because Democrats didn’t have “total control” of that chamber.....three Republicans.....Snowe, Collins and Specter, voted to break a filibuster guaranteeing it’s passage.

Then in April, 2009, Republican Senator Arlen Specter became a Democrat. Kennedy was still at home, dying, and Al Franken was still not seated. Score in April, 2009....Democratic votes 58.

In May, 2009, Robert Byrd got sick and did not return to the Senate until July 21, 2009. Even though Franken was finally seated July 7, 2009 and Byrd returned on July 21.....Democrats still only had 59 votes in the Senate because Kennedy never returned, dying on August 25, 2009.

Kennedy’s empty seat was temporarily filled by Paul Kirk but not until September 24, 2009.

The swearing in of Kirk finally gave Democrats 60 votes (at least potentially) in the Senate. “Total control” of Congress by Democrats lasted all of 4 months. From September 24, 2009 through February 4, 2010...at which point Scott Brown, a Republican, was sworn in to replace Kennedy’s Massachusetts seat.

The truth....then....is this: Democrats had “total control” of the House of Representatives from 2009-2011, 2 full years. Democrats, and therefore, Obama, had “total control” of the Senate from September 24, 2009 until February 4, 2010. A grand total of 4 months.

Did President Obama have “total control” of Congress? Yes, for 4 entire months. And it was during that very small time window that Obamacare was passed in the Senate with 60 all-Democratic votes.

Did President Obama have “total control’ of Congress during his first two years as president? Absolutely not and any assertions to the contrary.....as you can plainly see in the above chronology....is a lie.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, AJ Oliver said:

And that is where we disagree. During that period . . .

Why not a decent minimum wage? Why not M4A? Voting rights? Not to mention locking up some banksters. 

The list is lengthy 

The point is that the modern Dem Party is no longer the party of FDR 

Obama should have known from the 1992-3 health care fiasco that the Reich would never cooperate on limiting the power of our corporate overlords. 

There are no Dem "moderates" - they are corporate lackeys, and as much the enemy as the Reich. 

Many people try to push the Democratic Party to the left.  A crisis may help.

There are significant differences between the Democratic Party and little don.

I don't think it is desirable for the USA to have the confusion of Italy and Israel.

On 5/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, Gouvernail said:

Lefty extremism.

Desperate for good news before the election, Trump turned to Iran which has stockpiled 8x the amount of nuclear fuel they had under the old nuclear agreement.

Trump told the Iranians they could have a better deal now, before the election.

Iran's foreign minister replied, "We had a deal when you entered office..." the other signatories "-never left the table. Your advisers -most fired by now - made a dumb bet. Up to you to decide *when* you want to fix it."

Kinda clear that Trump is negotiating with yet another foreign power to help himself, otherwise why would he offer a better deal before the election if he were just negotiating for America?

@astro.... Trump "buys" a black guy????  I had not heard that before.  

On 5/16/2020 at 4:17 AM, astro said:

'It eats him alive inside': Trump's latest attack shows endless obsession with Obama

4000.jpg?width=640&quality=85&auto=forma

There are a few reasons, argues Setmayer, host of the Honestly Speaking podcast. “First off, Donald Trump has a problem where I think he’s just jealous of the fact that President Obama is still so admired. Number two, I think he has a problem with people of color who are in authority that don’t do the kind of song and dance that he wants them to do.

It would be one of the gravest consequences of Trump’s Obama obsession. Miller added: “There’s some racism there but, most of all, it’s driven by the fact that Obama has the thing that Trump has always craved but never achieved, and that’s respect. I’ve always thought that the respect that Barack Obama gets from people in this country and around the world is something that just eats Trump alive inside.”

My dog shits turds that outclass Trump.

On 5/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

On 5/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, The Joker said:

So you completely ignore the experts and go with what?   A fucking hunch?

It's really no wonder you relate the fuckwit in the Whitehouse.  Granted, he said it would go away completely.  But I suppose when your just throwing bones, you won't get the same result every time.

41 minutes ago, Sean said:

D6DF6C5C-9DFA-4404-B0AA-DBD5783CEA45.png

Yeah, but it's still the White House.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

D6DF6C5C-9DFA-4404-B0AA-DBD5783CEA45.png

It's not Pennsylvania Ave that got renamed, it's 16th st NW. 

IOW: not the avenue that the WH is on, but a street that leads to the WH.  The White House's address hasn't changed

9 minutes ago, frenchie said:

It's not Pennsylvania Ave that got renamed, it's 16th st NW. 

IOW: not the avenue that the WH is on, but a street that leads to the WH.  The White House's address hasn't changed

True. While I appreciate the schadenfreude, I am kinda glad we still have Penn Ave. This President ended enough norms and traditions already. No need to add to that bunch.