Recommended Posts

On 5/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, Gouvernail said:

2F3120B9-CB28-4D69-8E9E-4F96A69FE10F.jpeg

In a few days Great Britain will move past Spain leaving the top four flailing, failing, covid-ridden nations to have one unifying characteristic:

They have, through clumsy, broken pseudo-democratic processes, turned their governance over to neo-nationalist, greedy narcissists completely devoid of empathy.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.38.31 PM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

india, peru, chile and mexico have the hammer down and are looking possible for an outside bet on a place

 

we see only one winner though

 

and if we are talking trumps deaths today

are

press impartiality / independence and freedom acceptable entries

or do we have to wait till tomorrow for that

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, Shortforbob said:

Well de santis is fucking disgusting too. 

 

He’s actually a hell of a nice guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

He’s actually a hell of a nice guy.

Other than trying get his citizens killed or poisoned, yeah, he's doing a heck of a job Brownie!

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1851: America wins the Cup

America won, finishing 8 minutes ahead of the closest rival. Apocryphally, Queen Victoria, who was watching at the finish line, was reported to have asked who was second, the famous answer being: "Ah, Your Majesty, there is no second."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

He’s actually a hell of a nice guy.

Unless you want to file for unemployment claim, fund schools, support healthcare or reduce environmental degradation, yeah, he's a peach. 

Great guy when having a beer at the 19th hole of Doral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.76M
+18,677
379K
103K
+1,379

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Unless you want to file for unemployment claim, fund schools, support healthcare or reduce environmental degradation, yeah, he's a peach. 

Great guy when having a beer at the 19th hole of Doral.

Or anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.76M
+18,677
379K
103K
+1,379

If people don’t start quarantining their elderly loved ones the daily rate will continue.  It’s not rocket science Gov.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Other than trying get his citizens killed or poisoned, yeah, he's doing a heck of a job Brownie!

- DSK

You are accusing Ron DeSantis is Guilty of attempted murder (an illegal act)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Other than trying get his citizens killed or poisoned, yeah, he's doing a heck of a job Brownie!

 

You are accusing Ron DeSantis is Guilty of attempted murder (an illegal act)?

How effective has his yak-yak-yak been about that there blue-green algae you got?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil is ramping up hard. Look brutal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How effective has his yak-yak-yak been about that there blue-green algae you got?

- DSK

Are you accusing him of a crime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Are you accusing him of a crime?

Is he responsible for anything?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Is he responsible for anything?

- DSK

Are you accusing him of a crime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Are you accusing him of a crime?

Why do you ask? Did he plead guilty to something and then change his mind?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Why do you ask? Did he plead guilty to something and then change his mind?

- DSK

I ask for an explanation of your previous post in which you stated he was trying to kill or poison people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rok Dog said:

I ask for an explanation of your previous post in which you stated he was trying to kill or poison people.

Ah so... are you happy with a governor who pretends he's going to do something about pollution and spends the money on other stuff? Are you happy with a governor who doesn't give a shit if you and your family catch a potentially deadly virus as long as you're at work making money for him and his buddies?

How much "explaining" do you need?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ah so... are you happy with a governor who pretends he's going to do something about pollution and spends the money on other stuff? Are you happy with a governor who doesn't give a shit if you and your family catch a potentially deadly virus as long as you're at work making money for him and his buddies?

How much "explaining" do you need?

- DSK

Just an explanation of whether or not you are accusing Ron DeSantis of a crime.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rok Dog said:

Just an explanation of whether or not you are accusing Ron DeSantis of a crime.   

He has definitely caused the deaths of many, many people, and he will be responsible for many more. 

 

How many people have you killed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.78M
+23,862
385K
104K
+1,175

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, Rok Dog said:

Are you accusing him of a crime?

Are you fucking actually having a conversation with someone in cyberspace or are you a bot?

Are you the spawn of some space craft that crashed here?

Do you know where your navel is?

Can you identify whether it is an inny or an outy?

Who's your mother?

Is she sure?

I have more questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.78M
+23,862
385K
104K
+1,175

covid.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

covid.jpg

Two things come to mind. One is that the data is 18 days old and that matters with this disease. The other, much worse, is that you think COVID is not that bad because it kills more lefties than righties. You are a pathetic excuse for an American ... and a human being.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
50 minutes ago, Dog said:

covid.jpg

Two things come to mind. One is that the data is 18 days old and that matters with this disease. The other, much worse, is that you think COVID is not that bad because it kills more lefties than righties. You are a pathetic excuse for an American ... and a human being.

The other thing besides how this justifies shooting Trumpalos, I think this bullshit. The only justificiation for it that I can see is that they count all deaths in NYC as "Most Progressive."

If you went thru the data of US counties matching CoviD-19 deaths to red/blue, it's tilted slightly red. If you factor for the degree to which they went red/blue in 2016, it's tilted heavily red. If you doubt that, look at the Covid map of Georgia and South Dakota

But let's not tell them. Coronavirus is a hoax! It's the common cold, folks! Go out there and show your FREEDOM!

This pandemic has been an unthinkable tragedy for the whole country. We are literally dying for better leadership

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Two things come to mind. One is that the data is 18 days old and that matters with this disease. The other, much worse, is that you think COVID is not that bad because it kills more lefties than righties. You are a pathetic excuse for an American ... and a human being.

It is still almost certainly true that more Republican voters are dying than Democrat voters, as it is hitting older people much harder than younger people, and folks over 60 tend to vote Republican. Well at least they did until Trump and his minions started telling folks it was their patriotic duty to die. The support for Republicans in that demographic is beginning to erode. 

Other than that, I think what the graphic is intended to show is that Democrat governors did a worse job than Republican governors at handling the crisis. That does not make a lot of sense to me, as it ignores the fact that the states and cities which were most vulnerable and at risk also tended to lean left and had Democrat governors. NYC was without a doubt the most vulnerable city in the nation, and the data largely reflects that. NYC could have shut down earlier and it would have certainly saved lives if they did, however shutting down late was largely a bi-partisan bad decision. It will take some time I think to sort out what local and state politicians knew and when they knew it in order to properly understand the level of fuckup at the state and local levels. 

What is indisputable is that the feds knew more and knew it earlier than anyone else, and they publicly downplayed it while failing to take any substantive action to prepare for it and contain it. The level of fuckup in the WH is clearer now than it is for states and locals, although I have no doubt that there is some fault in their decisions and actions as well. It will just take longer to sort that piece out.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Two things come to mind. One is that the data is 18 days old and that matters with this disease. The other, much worse, is that you think COVID is not that bad because it kills more lefties than righties. You are a pathetic excuse for an American ... and a human being.

First...that the data is 18 days old does not change the fact that the pandemic has hit blue states much harder than red states. Secondly you completely miss the point. Consider the fact that this thread is based on the absurd premise that  all deaths in the US are “Trump Deaths” (a premise that could only be condoned by a pathetic excuse for an American and about which you have been silent) The implied accusation in the thread is that Trump's mismanagement is responsible for all the deaths but a closer look at the actual data suggests that if mismanagement is responsible, it occurred at the state level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dog said:

The implied accusation in the thread is that Trump's mismanagement is responsible for all the deaths but a closer look at the actual data suggests that if mismanagement is responsible, it occurred at the state level.

Doggie, even you are smart enough to know that the first three weeks of February could have been spent much more productively than making statements denying the virus.  On second thought, maybe not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Doggie, even you are smart enough to know that the first three weeks of February could have been spent much more productively than making statements denying the virus.

Not to mention the last week of February!

Pelosi Tours San Francisco’s Chinatown To Quell Coronavirus Fears

February 24, 2020

Even Cal20 is smart enough to know that, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Venom said:

Not to mention the last week of February!

Pelosi Tours San Francisco’s Chinatown To Quell Coronavirus Fears

February 24, 2020

Even Cal20 is smart enough to know that, right?

Because Pelosi, Cuomo, and everyone else had attended those briefings for Trump, amiright? You know, the kind that led him to having a rally on March2? Don't make me post all those statements he made downplaying this for weeks after.

Just think if Eisenhower didn't bother to let the troops know that on D Day there would be a lot of Germans with guns waiting for them on the beaches.  sigh.  Leadership, it's a thing or it was before Jan 2017

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Venom said:

Not to mention the last week of February!

Pelosi Tours San Francisco’s Chinatown To Quell Coronavirus Fears

February 24, 2020

Even Cal20 is smart enough to know that, right?

I remain under the impression that Pelosi is not POTUS.   But yes, she fucked up as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I remain under the impression that Pelosi is not POTUS.   But yes, she fucked up as well. 

Good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
35 minutes ago, Venom said:

Not to mention the last week of February!

Pelosi Tours San Francisco’s Chinatown To Quell Coronavirus Fears

February 24, 2020

Even Cal20 is smart enough to know that, right?

I remain under the impression that Pelosi is not POTUS.   But yes, she fucked up as well. 

Yep. There -should- have been a much greater willingness to take this seriously by late February. That was the point at which our community started discussing cancelling social events and recommend isolation/quarantine.

The question is, who learns from mistakes and who refuses to acknowledge them and doubles down on stupid, instead of getting smarter?

- DSK

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Doggie, even you are smart enough to know that the first three weeks of February could have been spent much more productively than making statements denying the virus.  On second thought, maybe not.  

Testing could have been rolled out faster if Trump hadn't contaminated the reagent in the first batch. Other than that I don't know of any examples of the states not getting the support they requested.

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum that so many let stand the ludicrous proposition that Trump is responsible for the deaths due to a pandemic.

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dog said:

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

Very.  However, Trump has blood on his hands for dragging his feet knowing that this was going to crater his "greatest economy of all time."  To say this could not have been handled better is foolish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dog said:

Testing could have been rolled out faster if Trump hadn't contaminated the reagent in the first batch. Other than that I don't know of any examples of the states not getting the support they requested.

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum that so many let stand the ludicrous proposition that Trump is responsible for the deaths due to a pandemic.

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

 

Who elected this guy? How stupid is that ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dog said:

Testing could have been rolled out faster if Trump hadn't contaminated the reagent in the first batch. Other than that I don't know of any examples of the states not getting the support they requested.

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum that so many let stand the ludicrous proposition that Trump is responsible for the deaths due to a pandemic.

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

 

Let's see, Trump's complete lack of  leadership and coordination led to a free for all with states and hospitals trying to get PPE to protect their staff and supplies to treat patients on the black market.  States and the feds bidding against each other for unregulated supplies.  Wonder how many people contracted the virus from lack of proper PPE?  How many died from this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bridhb said:
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Testing could have been rolled out faster if Trump hadn't contaminated the reagent in the first batch. Other than that I don't know of any examples of the states not getting the support they requested.

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum that so many let stand the ludicrous proposition that Trump is responsible for the deaths due to a pandemic.

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

 

Let's see, Trump's complete lack of  leadership and coordination led to a free for all with states and hospitals trying to get PPE to protect their staff and supplies to treat patients on the black market.  States and the feds bidding against each other for unregulated supplies.  Wonder how many people contracted the virus from lack of proper PPE?  How many died from this?

And how much money did Kushner & Co scrape up from the melee?

Remember, government does not exist to benefit the governed. Forget that "By the people, for the people" bullshit. Trumpublican principle is that the strong shall rule the weak, for the profit of the favored few.

100,000 103,000 deaths is trivial in a country of 330 million!

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dog said:

Testing could have been rolled out faster if Trump hadn't contaminated the reagent in the first batch. Other than that I don't know of any examples of the states not getting the support they requested.

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum that so many let stand the ludicrous proposition that Trump is responsible for the deaths due to a pandemic.

"Donald J Trump is now the leading cause of death in the United States"..... How fucking stupid is that?

 

It’s pretty simple really. Look at other countries with similar economies and densities. Look at the ones that are doing an order of magnitude better, and there are quite a few. What do they have that’s different? Competent leadership.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It’s pretty simple really. Look at other countries with similar economies and densities. Look at the ones that are doing an order of magnitude better, and there are quite a few. What do they have that’s different? Competent leadership.

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

Imagine someone saying it was, or that 104,000 people died from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

Damn, Turnip could chop your grandmother into bits with an axe and you'd ask if he needed a glass of water after all that hard work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

so you think they should mod trumps 105,000 right down to only 104,000

a very good point

done now .. just remind them to drop whatever the total figure is down by 1,000 each time its quoted

( arbitrary ballpark figure feel free to search and get the exact one and i will further modify it for you )

and just for interests sake ( that there knowledge thing ) .. many countries failed to secure properly the age care homes to the degree that

was needed .. hindsight being what it is .. it would be done differently next time

 

7 hours ago, Dog said:

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum

 

very few here deny trump is a pathological lying, narcissistic, sociopath

point out the ones that do and i shall try to educate them with the blatantly obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.8M
+23,862
389K
105K
+1,175


Gropenfuher told us he had this under control. If he controls it, the deaths are his controlled murders. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phill_nz said:
9 hours ago, Dog said:

It's indicative of the bias and TDS in this forum 

 

very few here deny trump is a pathological lying, narcissistic, sociopath

point out the ones that do and i shall try to educate them with the blatantly obvious

Apparently The Mutt is unaware that the acronym TDS stands for Trump Dick Sucking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

First...that the data is 18 days old does not change the fact that the pandemic has hit blue states much harder than red states. 

Total number for sure Blue States as way more people live there, full stop.   How is the Red vs Blue state per/capita shaping wolfie?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

If only Trump had shared his Pandumbic Play Book before allowing his latest Blondie to wave it in front of reporters?  You know, actual leadership rather than petulant twittership?  Pathetic to try and blame shift when the shit stops right in the oval office. Used to be a buck but down to shit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

It’s pretty simple really. Look at other countries with similar economies and densities. Look at the ones that are doing an order of magnitude better, and there are quite a few. What do they have that’s different? Competent leadership.

If looking at the relative performance of countries is valid so to is looking at the relative performance of the states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

They didn't demand sending infected patients back into the nursing homes.  That's not on Trump. 

 

14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Imagine someone saying it was, or that 104,000 people died from that.

You don't have to imagine it, it's the premise of this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, solosailor said:

Total number for sure Blue States as way more people live there, full stop.   How is the Red vs Blue state per/capita shaping wolfie?

 

The graph I posted was per capita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Very.  However, Trump has blood on his hands for dragging his feet knowing that this was going to crater his "greatest economy of all time."  To say this could not have been handled better is foolish.  

 

What else do you expect from dog and his elk?  Trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and their support would never waver...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

 

What else do you expect from dog and his elk?  Trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and their support would never waver...

Did I say it could not have been handled better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.83M
+23,836
398K
106K
+979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dog said:

 

You don't have to imagine it, it's the premise of this thread

That 104,000 people died after being sent to a muring home? You are really doubling down on the stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 3:30 PM, phill_nz said:

.....

and just for interests sake ( that there knowledge thing ) .. many countries failed to secure properly the age care homes to the degree that

was needed .. hindsight being what it is .. it would be done differently next time

 

 

Well, isn't it interesting that Obama handed the Mango an extensive playbook that was the summation of their hindsight from H1N1 and Ebola.  Dang if the tRumpaholics didn't just throw that hindsight in the bin.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, isn't it interesting that Obama handed the Mango an extensive playbook that was the summation of their hindsight from H1N1 and Ebola.  Dang if the tRumpaholics didn't just throw that hindsight in the bin.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.85M
+21,703
412K
107K
+605

15EA512D-1229-4F0E-830C-474639FD5B4F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.87M
+16,070
421K
108K
+478

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.89M
+20,073
426K
109K
+1,039

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody gives a fuck anymore, Gouvernail. Don’t you watch the news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Venom said:

Nobody gives a fuck anymore, Gouvernail. Don’t you watch the news?

Nationwide, Approximately the entire population of Woodstock New York got sick today 

About as many people DIED as the ENTIRE population of Waterford Pennsylvania.  
Groprnfuhrer’s incompetence is killing  the equivalent of about one rural American town per day .’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venom said:

Nobody gives a fuck anymore, Gouvernail. Don’t you watch the news?

Exactly.

You have to give the shitstains handlers credit for their ability to divert the nations attention.

Too much bad press from 10's of thousands dying? Incite some large scale rioting.

Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.91M
+19,699
437K
110K
+1,004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
1.91M
+19,699
437K
110K
+1,004

At 1000/day it starts to add up. @Dog did ya see the spike inTexas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Nationwide, Approximately the entire population of Woodstock New York got sick today 

About as many people DIED as the ENTIRE population of Waterford Pennsylvania.  
Groprnfuhrer’s incompetence is killing  the equivalent of about one rural American town per day .’

Tell that to the rioters, Gouvernail and shame them for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Venom said:

Tell that to the rioters, Gouvernail and shame them for us.  

Dunno. Some people CAN keep focused on more than one thing at a time.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shortforbob said:

Dunno. Some people CAN keep focused on more than one thing at a time.:rolleyes:

.. and you are really good at compartmentalizing that focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 11:55 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

He has definitely caused the deaths of many, many people, and he will be responsible for many more. 

 

How many people have you killed?

Are you accusing Ron Desantis of a crime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Dunno. Some people CAN keep focused on more than one thing at a time.:rolleyes:

Don’t confuse efforts with results.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

At 1000/day it starts to add up. @Dog did ya see the spike inTexas?

Minnesota and NYC are going to REALLY spike in a couple of weeks.  The traveling ANTIFA members home towns are going to spike as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Venom said:

.. and you are really good at compartmentalizing that focus.

I find in life, the ability to compartmentalise is quite a valuable asset :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raz'r said:

At 1000/day it starts to add up. @Dog did ya see the spike inTexas?

The death rate in Texas is falling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

The death rate in Texas is falling.

There is a slight drop-off from the peak which corresponds with a slight drop in cases approx. 30 days ago. This is consistent with what we know about the virus and absent some dramatic improvements in treatment protocols, the death rate will be climbing in 30 days which would correspond with the increase in new cases we are seeing now. Deaths are a lagging indicator. New cases are a lagging indicator as well, since we are not proactively testing folks. First someone needs to become infected, and then they would need to become symptomatic which would trigger testing, and then they show up in the new case stats. It will be a month before we can see the effect of opening things back up again, and 6 weeks before that begins to be really reflected in the deaths. What we are seeing in new cases right now is just the tip of the iceberg.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, LenP said:

There is a slight drop-off from the peak which corresponds with a slight drop in cases approx. 30 days ago. This is consistent with what we know about the virus and absent some dramatic improvements in treatment protocols, the death rate will be climbing in 30 days which would correspond with the increase in new cases we are seeing now. Deaths are a lagging indicator. New cases are a lagging indicator as well, since we are not proactively testing folks. First someone needs to become infected, and then they would need to become symptomatic which would trigger testing, and then they show up in the new case stats. It will be a month before we can see the effect of opening things back up again, and 6 weeks before that begins to be really reflected in the deaths. What we are seeing in new cases right now is just the tip of the iceberg.  

It is not true that only the symptomatic are being tested. The increase in the number of cases does not mean the infection rate is increasing only that more infections are being identified. Hospitalizations and death rates are a better metric. Texas reopened 5 weeks ago on April 30. Hospitalizations peeked on May 5th and deaths per day peeked on May 14.

If there is going to be a spike it probably should have shown up in hospitalizations by now and should show up in the death rate very soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

It is not true that only the symptomatic are being tested. The increase in the number of cases does not mean the infection rate is increasing only that more infections are being identified. Hospitalizations and death rates are a better metric. Texas reopened 5 weeks ago on April 30. Hospitalizations peeked on May 5th and deaths per day peeked on May 14.

If there is going to be a spike it probably should have shown up in hospitalizations by now and should show up in the death rate very soon.

 

I would not put a lot of stock in that. As of just last week, it was still nearly impossible to get a test in MD and PA. We have a good friend who is a nurse at St Luke's in the Lehigh Valley who has still been unable to get a test, and she is in the hospital being exposed to the virus on a daily basis.  I don't know of anyone non-symptomatic who has been tested, and frankly I am not sure why someone would go through the effort of getting tested if they don't believe they are sick. This thing has a long incubation time, states and cities were issuing stay at home orders when the infection rate was a tiny fraction of what it is now and yet the  number of cases continued to climb for a month or more after. We had been hearing that this was no worse than the flu by the same folks now say that the rates are all dropping, while they were saying this was no worse than the flu we had several people we know die. Now we hear that lots of people are getting tested even with no symptoms, for basically no reason at all. I am having a hard time buying that, since it runs counter to everything I am seeing and hearing, and we have a lot of friends in healthcare. We will see in the next 4-6 weeks, but if they are right now it will be the first time during this pandemic that they are. I would not be betting my life on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LenP said:

I would not put a lot of stock in that. As of just last week, it was still nearly impossible to get a test in MD and PA. We have a good friend who is a nurse at St Luke's in the Lehigh Valley who has still been unable to get a test, and she is in the hospital being exposed to the virus on a daily basis.  I don't know of anyone non-symptomatic who has been tested, and frankly I am not sure why someone would go through the effort of getting tested if they don't believe they are sick. This thing has a long incubation time, states and cities were issuing stay at home orders when the infection rate was a tiny fraction of what it is now and yet the  number of cases continued to climb for a month or more after. We had been hearing that this was no worse than the flu by the same folks now say that the rates are all dropping, while they were saying this was no worse than the flu we had several people we know die. Now we hear that lots of people are getting tested even with no symptoms, for basically no reason at all. I am having a hard time buying that, since it runs counter to everything I am seeing and hearing, and we have a lot of friends in healthcare. We will see in the next 4-6 weeks, but if they are right now it will be the first time during this pandemic that they are. I would not be betting my life on it. 

Well, I hope you're wrong. I have not seen anything that could be described as a spike yet in any of the states that opened early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well, I hope you're wrong. I have not seen anything that could be described as a spike yet in any of the states that opened early.

:lol: “And even if I saw one, I’d lie, because that’s who I am”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well, I hope you're wrong. I have not seen anything that could be described as a spike yet in any of the states that opened early.

If you are only looking at deaths, then you will need to wait a while. There are definitely spikes in new cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LenP said:

If you are only looking at deaths, then you will need to wait a while. There are definitely spikes in new cases. 

I'm looking also at hospitalizations and intubeations. I havn't seen a state yet that opened early and in which hospital cases are not declining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas is just getting cranked up - businesses can now operate at 50% while daily cases are increasing.  Many of the charts can't be copy/pasted so here is a link that includes covid hospitalizations - not a drastic uptick but absolutely not declining and the reopening is well on it's way.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/05/04/are-texas-coronavirus-cases-on-the-downturn-these-charts-tell-the-real-story/

Probably not going to see this on FOX, you know the liberal fake media presenting bad news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm looking also at hospitalizations and intubeations. I havn't seen a state yet that opened early and in which hospital cases are not declining.

Where can you see reports on the number of intubations? That would be an insteresting data point to compare

If you haven't seen a state that opened and isn't having an increase, you're blind.... or just lying again, more likely IMHO

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Minnesota and NYC are going to REALLY spike in a couple of weeks.  The traveling ANTIFA members home towns are going to spike as well.

Ahh, you got the talking points too. Nice to see the network still works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Where can you see reports on the number of intubations? That would be an insteresting data point to compare

If you haven't seen a state that opened and isn't having an increase, you're blind.... or just lying again, more likely IMHO

- DSK

Pick a state, click on projections in the far right column, scroll down to hospital resource use, click on invasive ventilators.

Find one for me that is not declining.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorting out what is happening is complex and we don't have all the data. Hospitals were admitting people earlier with less sever symptoms in the beginning, now they only want folks in who would otherwise die, so hospitalizations could be down with the same number of cases. Protocols on use of ventilators has changed as well, and remdesivir may be helping in some cases, so that could be suppressing hospitalizations and deaths at the same time cases are going up. The thing is that if we start seeing exponential growth in cases again, then all the help with better protocols only means it is 6-8 weeks before the deaths start hitting new records instead of 4 weeks. We don't know, because things are changing quickly, data and analysis available to the public lags actions being taken, and there are a lot of folks who are intent on spreading false info. I prefer to side with being cautious, and would have much preferred if we had a good test and trace program like most of the rest of the world is doing. Instead, we are just rolling the dice, hoping for the best, with the expectation that everyone will lie and finger point if/when things go pear shaped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites