Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm sorry..."Excess dead" is a theoretical construct. All the dead are being attributed to Trump in this thread, you should expect stupid.

“those dead aren’t dead”

you’d have been a great commie Fido.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Where do you think Trump will "allow" the pandemic to go next?

Try reading post 693 again, ask for assistance if necessary. I have no doubt that someone will step up if needed.  Someone being someone else, thanks for your understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.04M
+68,377
1.2M
145K
+1,103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, d'ranger said:

i should have corrected the other Dog as "make" is not correct, allowed would be more accurate. Now that it's here it will go wherever it can, much like water flows unless it is stopped by some other force. The forces hindering the spread are in spite of the Pandumbic Response Team.

Any other insipid questions?

 

No no.  He’s certainly targeting specific areas.  Which area is he targeting next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

No no.  He’s certainly targeting specific areas.  Which area is he targeting next. 

Two days and you still can't comprehend a simple sentence? Dumb as a box o Roks Dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

No no.  He’s certainly targeting specific areas.  Which area is he targeting next. 

Trump said Democrat ones.

Does that sound like a good idea IYHO?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Trump Death Panels. Coming soon to a hospital near you. Don't worry, it should disappear any day now.

  • A Texas county said it was forming a committee to decide which coronavirus patients were most likely to die and send them home to their families.
  •  
  • Starr County Memorial Hospital is overrun with coronavirus cases, and hospitals elsewhere in Texas and in nearby states are also full, officials said.
  •  
  • The county's health authority said the "situation is desperate" and "there is nowhere to put these patients."
  • He said that for some patients "we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone."
  •  
  • Starr County had successfully avoided a large outbreak in the pandemic's early days. Some officials said the Texas governor's decision to reopen the state was the reason for the surge.
  • https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-starr-county-hospital-forced-choose-who-sent-home-die-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if Texas didn’t have enough problems -

 

40330E28-F98F-4E09-AD3D-A2347E5FEDC9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Welcome to Trump Death Panels. Coming soon to a hospital near you. Don't worry, it should disappear any day now.

  • A Texas county said it was forming a committee to decide which coronavirus patients were most likely to die and send them home to their families.
  •  
  • Starr County Memorial Hospital is overrun with coronavirus cases, and hospitals elsewhere in Texas and in nearby states are also full, officials said.
  •  
  • The county's health authority said the "situation is desperate" and "there is nowhere to put these patients."
  • He said that for some patients "we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone."
  •  
  • Starr County had successfully avoided a large outbreak in the pandemic's early days. Some officials said the Texas governor's decision to reopen the state was the reason for the surge.
  • https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-starr-county-hospital-forced-choose-who-sent-home-die-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com

Imagine the outrage if this occurred in a ‘nice’ area instead of a poor one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lark said:

Imagine the outrage if this occurred in a ‘nice’ area instead of a poor one.

Trump will go on vacation when it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Welcome to Trump Death Panels. Coming soon to a hospital near you. Don't worry, it should disappear any day now.

  • A Texas county said it was forming a committee to decide which coronavirus patients were most likely to die and send them home to their families.
  •  
  • Starr County Memorial Hospital is overrun with coronavirus cases, and hospitals elsewhere in Texas and in nearby states are also full, officials said.
  •  
  • The county's health authority said the "situation is desperate" and "there is nowhere to put these patients."
  • He said that for some patients "we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone."
  •  
  • Starr County had successfully avoided a large outbreak in the pandemic's early days. Some officials said the Texas governor's decision to reopen the state was the reason for the surge.
  • https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-starr-county-hospital-forced-choose-who-sent-home-die-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com

Has anyone asked Sarah Palin what she thinks of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Has anyone asked Sarah Palin what she thinks of this?

Thankfully, no one cares anymore since the first dude dumped the Witch of Wasilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lark said:

Imagine the outrage if this occurred in a ‘nice’ area instead of a poor one.

Patience my son, all in good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Welcome to Trump Death Panels. Coming soon to a hospital near you. Don't worry, it should disappear any day now.

  • A Texas county said it was forming a committee to decide which coronavirus patients were most likely to die and send them home to their families.
  •  
  • Starr County Memorial Hospital is overrun with coronavirus cases, and hospitals elsewhere in Texas and in nearby states are also full, officials said.
  •  
  • The county's health authority said the "situation is desperate" and "there is nowhere to put these patients."
  • He said that for some patients "we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone."
  •  
  • Starr County had successfully avoided a large outbreak in the pandemic's early days. Some officials said the Texas governor's decision to reopen the state was the reason for the surge.
  • https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-starr-county-hospital-forced-choose-who-sent-home-die-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com

I thought sending sick people home was bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I thought sending sick people home was bad?

It was, until they couldn't come up with a solution to the problem they made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have to wonder what might impress Gropenfuher as a bad Job. 
 

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.19M
+74,360
1.26M
148K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day, another.thousand Americans killed by the incompetence of the Trump administration 

 

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.29M
+65,556
1.28M
149K
+981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BF13DBA3-317D-42BE-A3C5-508E961E5FBC.jpeg

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, badlatitude said:

Welcome to Trump Death Panels. Coming soon to a hospital near you. Don't worry, it should disappear any day now.

  • A Texas county said it was forming a committee to decide which coronavirus patients were most likely to die and send them home to their families.
  •  
  • Starr County Memorial Hospital is overrun with coronavirus cases, and hospitals elsewhere in Texas and in nearby states are also full, officials said.
  •  
  • The county's health authority said the "situation is desperate" and "there is nowhere to put these patients."
  • He said that for some patients "we believe they will be better taken care in the love of their own family and home rather than thousands of miles away dying alone."
  •  
  • Starr County had successfully avoided a large outbreak in the pandemic's early days. Some officials said the Texas governor's decision to reopen the state was the reason for the surge.
  • https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-starr-county-hospital-forced-choose-who-sent-home-die-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com

So...where are the bullshitters who screamed "murder" at Cuomo? 

Cuomo made a bad decision at the front end of this disaster.  Abbott and DeSantis had three months to try to do better.  

Did they?  Fuck no.  

Now "Death Panels" are OK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So...where are the bullshitters who screamed "murder" at Cuomo? 

Cuomo made a bad decision at the front end of this disaster.  Abbott and DeSantis had three months to try to do better.  

Did they?  Fuck no.  

Now "Death Panels" are OK?

Our doggies be looking at their shoes and sayin “huh, me, don’t know whatcha talking about.” While Warbird asks for some more Christian Bro’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Our doggies be looking at their shoes and sayin “huh, me, don’t know whatcha talking about.” While Warbird asks for some more Christian Bro’s.

Christian Bro's doesn't translate well....

 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/unlocking-long-history-abuse-christian-brothers-ballarat/9273852

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

BF13DBA3-317D-42BE-A3C5-508E961E5FBC.jpeg

@Gouvernail Don’t be too hard on BigotBigot:

“Spike Milligan's epitaph includes the phrase Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite, Irish for "I told you I was ill". The headstone is positioned roughly midway between the New Inn and the church door”.
 

286AD797-8E61-45F0-B890-22F49C3DD592.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

So...where are the bullshitters who screamed "murder" at Cuomo? 

Cuomo made a bad decision at the front end of this disaster.  Abbott and DeSantis had three months to try to do better.  

Did they?  Fuck no.  

Now "Death Panels" are OK?

Our doggies be looking at their shoes and sayin “huh, me, don’t know whatcha talking about.” While Warbird asks for some more Christian Bro’s.

Let us not forget those patriots who just fucking knew Obamacare was going to result in Death Panels.

Where are they, now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Let us not forget those patriots who just fucking knew Obamacare was going to result in Death Panels.

Where are they, now?

Dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.31M
+58,631
1.3M
149K
+552

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 7-day average for daily deaths is now over 900, back where it was in early June.

  Ed4jkPvU0AABdq7.png

Deaths rose only marginally nationally from last Sunday. In the South, however, there were 371 deaths today and 279 deaths last Sunday, an increase of 33%.

  Ed4jvMxVoAEwmC4.png

Ed4mzbqUYAAJuzb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The 7-day average for daily deaths is now over 900, back where it was in early June.

  Ed4jkPvU0AABdq7.png

Deaths rose only marginally nationally from last Sunday. In the South, however, there were 371 deaths today and 279 deaths last Sunday, an increase of 33%.

  Ed4jvMxVoAEwmC4.png

Ed4mzbqUYAAJuzb.png

/purple/ Damn glad we have summer heat to knock it down. /end purple/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

/purple/ Damn glad we have summer heat to knock it down. /end purple/

You are helping the Reich move the goalposts: It was spring warmth that was going to make the handful of cases disappear. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

/purple/ Damn glad we have summer heat to knock it down. /end purple/

We’re hoping our midterm grades will really help our average. 
 

02E36AC0-D870-44F2-A31B-09E45CE1611F.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump’s incompetence kills another thousand!!!

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.37M
+54,806
1.31M
150K
+1,079

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Trump tries to take credit for Obama’s achievement of US oil independence... his inevitable handling of the Trump Virus killed another 1000

 
 
Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.49M
+58,540
2.2M
153K
+1,144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fucking magic for the @Dog. @Rok Dog and @BravoBravos of the world.

Who could've thought we'd see a spike in deaths a few weeks after a spike in new cases? 

It's unfathomable!
 

It's almost like you could put a math function to it, but like the tides, the Vichy will never understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It's fucking magic for the @Dog. @Rok Dog and @BravoBravos of the world.

Who could've thought we'd see a spike in deaths a few weeks after a spike in new cases? 

It's unfathomable!
 

It's almost like you could put a math function to it, but like the tides, the Vichy will never understand.

0*9w32WxpOdtPmI9sq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It's fucking magic for the @Dog. @Rok Dog and @BravoBravos of the world.

Who could've thought we'd see a spike in deaths a few weeks after a spike in new cases? 

It's unfathomable!
 

It's almost like you could put a math function to it, but like the tides, the Vichy will never understand.

Go with the plateau, Bullshitters. Wait for the weekend dip in the count and run with it. Work the downturn in new cases when Florida stops testing tomorrow, until the tropical storm passes. Maybe nobody will notice and call you on the bullshit. Wait. Whoops. Sorry about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida is going to test Republican Medical Dogma and Stop Testing.    Cases are expected to magically cease.  Trump sure to be vindicated.  
 

  https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/29/896895245/florida-will-pause-coronavirus-testing-due-to-impending-storm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, jack_sparrow said:

The 7-day average for daily deaths is now over 900, back where it was in early June.

  Ed4jkPvU0AABdq7.png

Deaths rose only marginally nationally from last Sunday. In the South, however, there were 371 deaths today and 279 deaths last Sunday, an increase of 33%.

  Ed4jvMxVoAEwmC4.png

Ed4mzbqUYAAJuzb.png

Color bands seem intentionally chosen to diminish the southern bias of the current pattern.  If they had chosen 100-199 and 200-299 and 300-399 and over 400 that map would send an entirely different message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Color bands seem intentionally chosen to diminish the southern bias of the current pattern. 

Hardly.

That charts and others creators are a team that grew from the Atlantics Robinson Meyer, Alexis Madrigal and Erin Kissane (former director of content for Knight-Mozilla OpenNews) plus Jeff Hammerbacher, Founder and General Partner at Related Sciences

Then hundreds of volunteer data-gatherers, developers, scientists and other contributors.

Then there is an advisory board to guide and provide accountability 

The only caveat to their data is source being they rely on individual states and federal entities. They note when something is amiss.

If they are inaccurate or biased either way in what they present, then it is time everyone committed suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

While Trump tries to take credit for Obama’s achievement of US oil independence... his inevitable handling of the Trump Virus killed another 1000

Obama refusing to fold to the pressure of the environment movement and put a carte blanche ban on fracking for oil and gas was an extraordinarily brave political move. 

Trump's rewriting of history defies imagination. But then again what do you expect of a president whose wife (who he refers to as Melania T) has just finished the new tennis court, is taking to redesigning Jackie O's Rose Garden (know doubt in Slovenia whore house style) while inconveniently Americans are dying to the tune of around a 1,000 per day. 

Talks bigus dickus shit on China. So when did two-thirds of US naval forces transfer to Asia and the Pacific? It was 2011 and called the ‘pivot to Asia', by Obama.

A place BTW where the US has already bases on China's doorstep such as Marshall Islands, Okinawa etc but everyone bitches when China then goes and reclaims a few islands of its own for protection in response to Trump's sabre rattling.

He is a dangerous cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Talks bigus dickus shit on China. So when did two-thirds of US naval forces transfer to Asia and the Pacific? It was 2011 and called the ‘pivot to Asia', by Obama.

Obama and Hillary were a match made in hell. Fucking neo-liberals have destroyed the progressive party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fuckwit is on schedule to kill off anther 140,000 before President Biden is elected and another 140,000 before President Biden takes over 

 

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.51M
+63,255
2.21M
153K
+1,449

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Venom said:

Obama and Hillary were a match made in hell. Fucking neo-liberals have destroyed the progressive party.

"Fucking neo-liberals.."

You have no fucking idea what Neoliberalism means....go look it up and come back with tangible examples. I will give you a hint.

Neoliberalism moves away from a centrally governed economy. If you can cite one example of that being prosecuted by any US administration in the last century I will gladly take my teeth out and suck your dick.

Give you another hint. 

In the space of a generation China has risen from the chaos of Mao's ‘Cultural Revolution’ to an economic prosperity that has seen more than 500 million people lifted out of poverty with a middle class consumer the economic lifeblood of many countries now, just like the US middle class consumer has traditionally been post WWII. Hey presto China is suddenly now seen as the United States's new enemy.

China's version of capitalism where wealth and power can't usurp the power of the party versus the US version where it can. A single party system that has instigated more policy changes and much more radical ones than the US's multi party system can even get close too.

No wonder the US is pissed off at China. 

Rest my case, unless you can suggest that factual history is wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

The fuckwit is on schedule to kill off anther 140,000 before President Biden is elected and another 140,000 before President Biden takes over 

 

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.51M
+63,255
2.21M
153K
+1,449

I think that may be a very low estimate, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

think that may be a very low estimate, sadly.

If it's 240K or less on 3 Nov he was on the money and all is good. This WH  screen grab 29 March....100K - 240K max.

Then winter hits.

Hang the cunt.

EUeA7raWkAEfoRO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One simple fact should cause USA voters to dump Gropenfurher.

The Gropenfuhrer Administration has overseen the most deaths of its citizens of any administration on the planet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Venom said:

Obama and Hillary were a match made in hell. Fucking neo-liberals have destroyed the progressive party.

48 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

"Fucking neo-liberals.."

You have no fucking idea what Neoliberalism means....go look it up and come back with tangible examples. I will give you a hint....

...No wonder the US is pissed off at China

Rest my case, unless you can suggest that factual history is wrong. 

 

Venom and to finish you off with some irony. 

The 1st National Congress of the Communist Party of China was held in 1921 in this building in the the French Concession area of Shanghai. It is now a party museum. 

1243151342_images-2020-07-29T134347_582.jpeg.61049a9603a1b14c833ec7094c74ed0b.jpeg

Of the 13 delegates who attended the congress in 1921, one was a Mao Zedong who went on to become the famous or infamous Mao and leader of the Peoples Republic of China when it was proclaimed in 1949.

It is not widely known that Mao wrote to successive US Presidents expressing the hope that China and the US could work together to strengthen trade and foriegn relations. His overtures were ignored by a country fearful of communism, Russia and the cold war. There was a red under every bed.

That building in Shanghai that is now the communist party museum, site of their first meeting 100 years ago???

It is now the centre piece of an affluent, largely car-free shopping, eating and entertainment district called Xintiandi or "New Heaven and Earth", designed by a Chicago architecture firm. It is also the most expensive place to live in China, with some apartments costing more than Tokyo, New York and London.

images - 2020-07-29T134134.728.jpeg

images - 2020-07-29T133626.582.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

One simple fact should cause USA voters to dump Gropenfurher.

The Gropenfuhrer Administration has overseen the most deaths of its citizens of any administration on the planet. 

Not even in the money 20th century with Stalin, Mao and Hitler the democide podium  finishers...however the 21st century new clock...Orangeman off to a good start.

 

IMG_20200730_235820.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swimsailor said:

Add Herman Cain to the list.

Just saw that.  Nice job, President Trump.  Tulsa will gain an additional entry in its history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
11 hours ago, Venom said:

Obama and Hillary were a match made in hell. Fucking neo-liberals have destroyed the progressive party.

"Fucking neo-liberals.."

You have no fucking idea

Edited for simplicity.

Save your keyboard and bandwidth Jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Just saw that.  Nice job, President Trump.  Tulsa will gain an additional entry in its history.

up to 999 now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hardly.

That charts and others creators are a team that grew from the Atlantics Robinson Meyer, Alexis Madrigal and Erin Kissane (former director of content for Knight-Mozilla OpenNews) plus Jeff Hammerbacher, Founder and General Partner at Related Sciences

Then hundreds of volunteer data-gatherers, developers, scientists and other contributors.

Then there is an advisory board to guide and provide accountability 

The only caveat to their data is source being they rely on individual states and federal entities. They note when something is amiss.

If they are inaccurate or biased either way in what they present, then it is time everyone committed suicide.

My observation stands. 

Using bands increasing in uneven steps 100, 150, 250 and above seems arbitrary and not at all intuitive.  I'm sure the good people who put it together have their well thought out reasons, but they are not evidently logical or explained.  Bad graphic.  Not as bad as a sharpie on a weather map, but still bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

My observation stands. 

Using bands increasing in uneven steps 100, 150, 250 and above seems arbitrary and not at all intuitive.  I'm sure the good people who put it together have their well thought out reasons, but they are not evidently logical or explained.  Bad graphic.  Not as bad as a sharpie on a weather map, but still bad.

 

Yep, should either be equal band sizes, or some sort of Log function band sizing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yep, should either be equal band sizes, or some sort of Log function band sizing.

Couldn't agree more.  Horrible.  There's a book called something like 'visual display of quantitative information' that should be required reading before anyone is allowed to display quantitative data.  The objective is to make it easy for someone to easily grasp the story the data is trying to tell.  The singular example I remember from the book is a plot that shows Napoleon's march to Russia and return.  The following is the final chart where the thickness of the line represents the number of troops Napoleon had at any given time/location.  It is a work of art.  For more information, see  https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march.

minard_lg.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile... In China, where they had zero warning and four times as many people as the USA, their government put together pandemic management plans and today here are China’s numbers 

 

Confirmed
84,165
Recovered
78,957
Deaths
4,634
 

 

the Mismanagement of the Gropenfuhrer administration in the USA Currently causing as many new cases EVERY DAY as China has had TOTAL!!!

Every four days, as many people inbtge USA die of COVID as the TOTAL number of Chinese deaths. 
 

The difference??
 

Can we say it has to do with the difference in our government’s respective responses??

Hillary used email

Bengazi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Venom said:

Obama and Hillary were a match made in hell. Fucking neo-liberals have destroyed the progressive party.

LOL, because it was so "progressive", before that... under Bill's "third way"?

You're a fucking twit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frenchie said:

LOL, because it was so "progressive", before that... under Bill's "third way"?

You're a fucking twit.

What do you expect from Moderate? Smarts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Left Shift said:

My observation stands...

..Bad graphicNot as bad as a sharpie on a weather map, but still bad.

Agree that. But certainly not one of maybe deliberate bias your original observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Amati said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/how-jared-kushners-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

we need n95s.  And serious PPE for everyone.  And tests. Billions of them.  

But nooooooooooooooooooo.....

maskless is murder

trumphausen by proxy

we are fucked
 

This is criminal on several fronts.  10's if not 100's of thousands have or will die due to this incompetence.  Wow, just wow.  If this doesn't piss you off, nothing will.  It clearly describes why we trail the world in our response to the pandemic.  People should go to jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

This is criminal on several fronts.  10's if not 100's of thousands have or will die due to this incompetence.  Wow, just wow.  If this doesn't piss you off, nothing will.  It clearly describes why we trail the world in our response to the pandemic.  People should go to jail.

Incompetence plays a part, but I really believe some at least of this is intentional.  Trump loves control.  He has everything he needs.  I don’t think he cares about many other people.  Read Mary Trump’s book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

....The singular example I remember from the book is a plot that shows Napoleon's march to Russia and return.  The following is the final chart where the thickness of the line represents the number of troops Napoleon had at any given time/location.  It is a work of art.  For more information, see  https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march.

minard_lg.gif

Work of art it is. The temperature of Napoleons return trip...yuck.

temperature_return_trip.png

napoleon_path.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Couldn't agree more.  Horrible.  There's a book called something like 'visual display of quantitative information' that should be required reading before anyone is allowed to display quantitative data.  The objective is to make it easy for someone to easily grasp the story the data is trying to tell.  The singular example I remember from the book is a plot that shows Napoleon's march to Russia and return.  The following is the final chart where the thickness of the line represents the number of troops Napoleon had at any given time/location.  It is a work of art.  For more information, see  https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march.

minard_lg.gif

One of the most famous and most instructive graphic representation is history.  Graphic design thesis material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amati said:

Incompetence plays a part, but I really believe some at least of this is intentional.  Trump loves control.  He has everything he needs.  I don’t think he cares about many other people.  Read Mary Trump’s book.

We are talking about him, aren't we.  Therefore he is winning.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

We are talking about him, aren't we.  Therefore he is winning.  

99% of his Twitter shit is to do exactly that. A master of Gaslighting and the Dead Cat diversion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For data nerds.

US Foot traffic

newplot.png

Chart showing foot traffic patterns across various industries in the U.S. “Normal” behavior is represented by “1” on the y-axis.

newplot-1.png

Chart showing foot traffic patterns across a selection of retail brands in the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Meanwhile... In China, where they had zero warning and four times as many people as the USA, their government put together pandemic management plans and today here are China’s numbers 

 

Confirmed
84,165
Recovered
78,957
Deaths
4,634
 

You don't actually believe the official Chinese numbers do you Gouv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The casket business is booming!!!

They sold another 1200 today!!!

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.58M
+68,543
2.24M
154K
+1,231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You don't actually believe the official Chinese numbers do you Gouv?

The Chinese numbers may be massaged down . Certainly, in today’s world, it would be difficult to deny hospitals full of sick people. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tucker Carlson's such shamelessly vile sack of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You don't actually believe the official Chinese numbers do you Gouv?

There is a general feeling that the Chinese fudged the numbers, particularly early on. The more recent numbers I do believe based on the ongoing severe restrictions they are using. When a case appears they somewhat ruthlessly but very efficiently contact trace the hell out of it. Their phone app seems very effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Couldn't agree more.  Horrible.  There's a book called something like 'visual display of quantitative information' that should be required reading before anyone is allowed to display quantitative data.  The objective is to make it easy for someone to easily grasp the story the data is trying to tell.  The singular example I remember from the book is a plot that shows Napoleon's march to Russia and return.  The following is the final chart where the thickness of the line represents the number of troops Napoleon had at any given time/location.  It is a work of art.  For more information, see  https://thoughtbot.com/blog/analyzing-minards-visualization-of-napoleons-1812-march.

minard_lg.gif

This is a brilliant piece of work in so many ways. It combines a map with the troop numbers and the weather. It gets so much attention because it is so incredible and was produced such a long time ago. Even put it into one of the textbooks I wrote in a chapter on data presentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You don't actually believe the official Chinese numbers do you Gouv?

It was horrific until New York. You don't think certain states aren't massaging down their numbers?

image.thumb.png.629c4cfe35886c4e5ea448068292f137.png

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/07/31/897429054/covid-19-hospital-data-system-that-bypasses-cdc-plagued-by-delays-inaccuracies

Earlier this month, when the Trump administration told hospitals to send crucial data about coronavirus cases and intensive care capacity to a new online system, it promised the change would be worth it. The data would be more complete, transparent, and an improvement over the old platform run by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, administration officials said.

Instead, the public data hub created under the new system is updated erratically and is rife with inconsistencies and errors, data analysts say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible for someone to give Jim Jordan the Rona And an std and the hiv and Ebola sars mersa and every other  infectious disease 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I'd much rather shove an ice-pick in each ear than listen to his verbal diarrhea. It's bad enough trying to parse content out of the written version. Usually I just give up and assume that it's just another example of some form of mental disability. Saves time.

FKT

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gropenfuhrer still thinks he is doing a great job....

Location   Confirmed Recovered Deaths
United States
 
4.64M
+66,364
2.27M
156K
+1,323

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Didn't see it other than a really brief mention.

Trump has become irrelevant, and worse than that, boring. Same old loony bullshit.

He's gonna have to come up with something REALLY crazy to get the attention he craves

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week, Texas quietly snuck past New York’s total cases number. 
as the medical community is doing a lot better job of keeping victims from croaking, Texas lags well behind New York in deaths but Texas football season is coming very soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Texas football season is coming very soon. 

Gouv, even if they have college football, there aren't going to be any fans unless someone really has their head up their ass (or a funeral director makes the decision). 

How is Isaias going to impact the counts in FL?  Will things just stack up and we'll have some big numbers next week?  I ask as they were setting new daily records for three days in a row and you hate to see Mother Nature kill a winning streak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current discussion is about 25% of stadium capacity.

spitting slobbering drunks will be just fine if there are only 25,000 tailgating, at the Gates,  at the concession stands, and screaming in the bleachers of Texas Memorial Stadium 

Share this post


Link to post