Just had a PM with Point about his status.

Hanging in thanks. Not a ton better or worse and it’s day 6. Day 7 is supposedly a frequent turning point where you start to get better or it gets real shitty teal fast . Fingers crossed. I’ll try to post something tonight or maybe tomorrow at latest. Pretty whipped. I really appreciate everyone’s concern. Really.

• Like 16

Fingers crossed indeed.  Many great contributions here.

Is this like being in London in the blitz?  You see the bombs effects and hear about and know some of the victims, but you're never aware of the one that hits you?  Spooky times.

I heard he suffered a tragic loss not too long ago. I don't mean to sound trite but I'm sincerely wishing the best for him! He's one of the good ones!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, chinabald said:

What’s going on with PB? I must have missed something. 

COVID. Says it seems to be moderate but very unfun. Isolated at home ATM. 

Some details in the 19-nCovid thread but you have to dig past the crap that has escaped PA to follow it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innocent Bystander said:

COVID. Says it seems to be moderate but very unfun. Isolated at home ATM. 

Thanks. I found the thread and was just reading his post. Sounds dreadful. 

Wishing PB all the best. 

Truly a pivot of his community and these boards.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Best wishes PB, You'll get through this.....  We are behind ya...  Scotch at the end if you ever swing through CO.  

12 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Best wishes PB, You'll get through this.....  We are behind ya...  Scotch at the end if you ever swing through CO.  

Hell, I'm bringing the Scotch to him when he pulls through.  

• Like 2

Might have to swing out that way to find a boat in the next few months so who knows...  

Holy shit! hang in there dude! East coast sending best wishes.

Fuckity Fuck Fuck!...hang in there PB! you got this shit covered!...

3 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Fuckity Fuck Fuck!...hang in there PB! you got this shit covered!...

PB will be fine.  He's got a book to write.  No time for dying.  

• Like 1

Whoa!

Sending good thoughts down south. Hang tough buddy. 

Get well PB.  You are certainly one of the good ones on here.

• Like 1

I'm pulling for you PB.  Sending all the positive energy I can in your direction.

43 minutes ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

yeah, no final chapters...   hang in there PB...  this ones for you

untitled.jpg

Thanks for the update SJB, and for starting the thread so we can all keep up.  And hang in there PB!

Hang Tough PB!

Hang in there, PB!  May even have to get Boothy back over the border for the party!

E006DE2F-72F7-4443-98DB-F24085A45634.png

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Hang in there, PB!  May even have to get Boothy back over the border for the party!

E006DE2F-72F7-4443-98DB-F24085A45634.png

Gonna memorize that like i did the Budweiser can in high school...

add me to the list of well wishers 

May the good wishes and warm thoughts of those who care about you send a little cheerfulness into your world and help you feel better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mid said:

May the good wishes and warm thoughts of those who care about you send a little cheerfulness into your world and help you feel better.

What a nice thing to say.

My thoughts are with you Point.

• Like 1

Shit PB just seen this thread. Wishing you the best in recovery. 

Start dictating that book!!

You have survived %100 of your bad days~~~~this too shall pass ~~~

Body Surf tumble.jpg

• Like 1

Hang tough, PB!!  You can beat this, and we are all pulling for you M8!!

11 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

COVID. Says it seems to be moderate but very unfun.

That's not what he said.

Oh man. Most of us are idiots here (me included). PB is one of the few good ones. Point Break, you must win. This place needs you!

I can fly out and get rid of your squirrels.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

30 06 stylle?                                        :)

25 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

Oh man. Most of us are idiots here (me included). PB is one of the few good ones. Point Break, you must win. This place needs you!

Sure, and then YOU will take all of the avocados as payment!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

.22 shorts should easily handle a squirrel....

EDIT!  Wow!! System no longer changes .22  to WTF was it??

43 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

DOGBALLS

thanks!

Hi all! Wow......thank you so much for the kind thoughts. Proud to be a member of this August group.......although in somebody’s words “I’m not sure I’d join any group willing to have me as a member”. 

Skipping all the gritty details.....it’s just the same day over again........here at day 7 I’m pretty much unchanged. No worse, maybe a tiny better. Pattern has settled in though. Pretty good morning (writing in that window now) followed around 1100 or so by the balance of the day with crushing fever (102+), shaking and muscle aches beyond description. Just a little short of breath during those periods only. Fever subsides around 2200, then it’s sweat soaked night. Last night I went through 4 separate changes of long sleeve tee with each literally writing wet. Come morning. I feel........okay. Then do it again. I simply do not understand how I can feel mostly okay till the fever hits and so so miserable and compromised. 

So yesterday I had a telemedicine conference with the PA at my internists office. Smart young woman. Duke grad. She said “you look like shit”. I just gave her that look. She said it’s time to get you tested. Medically referred/requested (medical referral required to get tested still) me to a hospital system’s testing service. Another telemedicine conference with a Doc and I have an appointment for a drive through test this morning (hoping to still be in my “good window”). She offered drive through or clinic appointment with chest X-ray. I told her drive through as I didn’t see the additional value in exposing her staff, other patients and her for the benefit of a chest X-ray. I don’t think it will be a huge diagnostic benefit at this stage. If I stay home there really is no change in therapy I have available based on the film. She smiled and said “drive through it is”.

It could still be a community acquired respiratory virus like influenza. Doc and I discussed that. It would be nice then all I have to worry about is weathering the misery and getting better and not suddenly crashing into extremis, hellish transport, sedation/intubation and eventually not ever wake up. I would feel very very lucky if it was just some weirdly vicious viral infection.  

So............there we go.......day 7 underway. 

Thanks again for all your expressions of concern. It’s an oddly wonderful community of people I have never met. Wellness to you all. Be careful out there.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Hi all! Wow......thank you so much for the kind thoughts. Proud to be a member of this August group.......although in somebody’s words “I’m not sure I’d join any group willing to have me as a member”.   

I think WC Fields said that?  Not sure though. Glad to hear you are still with us, PB!!  Surprised you didn't get a test before this?  Regardless, we are all pulling for you!  Keep on keeling on!!

29 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Pretty good morning (writing in that window now) followed around 1100 or so by the balance of the day with crushing fever (102+), shaking and muscle aches beyond description. Just a little short of breath during those periods only. Fever subsides around 2200, then it’s sweat soaked night. Last night I went through 4 separate changes of long sleeve tee with each literally writing wet.

These symptoms sound more like dengue fever to me. I got infected living on a boat in the Caribbean where it is called 'breakbone fever'. I occasionally still have brief bouts with it but thankfully not in a while. The strange thing is that my skin gets ultra sensitive to currents of air and I have to cover completely up in bed and get the worst chills. I start shivering and feel like I am freezing to death and put my head under the covers to try and warm myself. If someone so much as sits on the edge of the bed, the air currents that stirs up are torture. The first time my GF witnessed my shaking and shivering she thought I was having an epileptic fit! A stranger coming across me in such throes certainly would think so. I have to lie totally still with my whole body tensed up and can finally get the situation under control but then I will go through an equally but longer stretch of sweats like you are describing. 

Like the old timers say in the Islands, 'dengue won't kill you, but you wish it would!!!'

Hang tough dude! 

I just looked this up from the WHO, but what do they know?

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/dengue-and-severe-dengue

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I think WC Fields said that?  Not sure though. Glad to hear you are still with us, PB!!  Surprised you didn't get a test before this?  Regardless, we are all pulling for you!  Keep on keeling on!!

groucho https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/04/18/groucho-resigns/r

hang in there PB, i'm sendin' ya da good vibes.

5 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

These symptoms sound more like dengue fever to me. I got infected living on a boat in the Caribbean where it is called 'breakbone fever'. I occasionally still have brief bouts with it but thankfully not in a while. The strange thing is that my skin gets ultra sensitive to currents of air and I have to cover completely up in bed and get the worst chills. I start shivering and feel like I am freezing to death and put my head under the covers to try and warm myself. If someone so much as sits on the edge of the bed, the air currents that stirs up are torture. The first time my GF witnessed my shaking and shivering she thought I was having an epileptic fit! A stranger coming across me in such throes certainly would think so. I have to lie totally still with my whole body tensed up and can finally get the situation under control but then I will go through an equally but longer stretch of sweats like you are describing. 

Like the old timers say in the Islands, 'dengue won't kill you, but you wish it would!!!'

Hang tough dude! 

Having had it twice, that’s a very good description.

Hang in there PB.

25 minutes ago, billy backstay said:
31 minutes ago, Point Break said:

.......although in somebody’s words “I’m not sure I’d join any group willing to have me as a member”.   

I think WC Fields said that?  Not sure though. 

Graucho Marxe                                                                   :)

chessie beate me!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Hang tough dude! 

I just looked this up from the WHO, but what do they know?

Funny you should mention this. I told my PA I was experiencing exactly what you describe in skin sensitivity. I thought it weird. She said in some viral infections it’s not uncommon. Go figure.

Dengue? Dude............

Was it you that did the whale watching tour in the Dominican Republic recently? If so how long ago was that? 

rock on PB! You are now an official GA lab rat!

feel for your muscle pain and fever, I've had the muscle pain before but not with a fever at the same time, ughhhh

Just now, Rasputin22 said:

Was it you that did the whale watching tour in the Dominican Republic recently? If so how long ago was that? 

It was. March 7 was start date. Was going to spend 3 days in NOLA and long layover in JFK on the way to DR from NOLA. As things were lining up we canceled the whole gig on March 2. Just seemed.....unwise. Wasn’t as much concerned about contracting COVID as getting “quarantined” in the DR because of exposure to somebody else. As it turns out I saw an email from the skipper saying he had to quarantine if not for our week (week 7) then for the subsequent week. Didn’t sound like he was sick and I didn’t really understand the reason but still made me think I made a good decision. I got all my money back for travel etc just not for the boat excursion. The guy had been VERY honest and up front from the very beginning there were no refunds for any reason, not weather not breakdowns not anything. So I have no complaints there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Point Break said:

It was. March 7 was start date. Was going to spend 3 days in NOLA and long layover in JFK on the way to DR from NOLA. As things were lining up we canceled the whole gig on March 2. Just seemed.....unwise. Wasn’t as much concerned about contracting COVID as getting “quarantined” in the DR because of exposure to somebody else. As it turns out I saw an email from the skipper saying he had to quarantine if not for our week (week 7) then for the subsequent week. Didn’t sound like he was sick and I didn’t really understand the reason but still made me think I made a good decision. I got all my money back for travel etc just not for the boat excursion. The guy had been VERY honest and up front from the very beginning there were no refunds for any reason, not weather not breakdowns not anything. So I have no complaints there. 

Get well soon PB. Need you around to discuss the choice between Foles and Trubisky.

• Like 1

Well, if you had gone to the Dominican Republic I might be inclined that you may have picked up the Dengue there. Do you eyeballs hurt? That is one of the weird things that Denge does to you. The sudden cycling from chills to sweats is pretty indicative too. I found this from the LA Times in which an outbreak of DENGUE took place in S California in 2018! You haven't been cleaning out any cisterns lately have you? I spent a hurricane season in Trinidad and there was a big scare when a contractor hired 4 or 5 guys off the street corner (just like from the Home Depot here) and took them to muck out the sediment in the bottom of a big cistern. They pulled the hatch open and it was filled with mosquitoes but they climbed down and spent the whole day getting bit. Tough guys those Trinis but they all got DENGUE so bad that it became full on Hemorrhagic Fever and all of them died within days of each other. Do me a favor and at least mention my (and your) symptoms to your MD, OK? 

The first of Yuli Irma’s children to fall ill with a fever was her 6-year-old girl. The next day it was her 13-year-old daughter, followed by her 12-year-old son.

Living on the outskirts of Jakarta, the Indonesian capital, Irma feared her children were stricken with the coronavirus. But blood tests revealed they had dengue fever, another viral disease that’s in the throes of an outbreak but has been overshadowed by COVID-19.

After a record number of cases last year, the illness is relentlessly spreading across Southeast Asia, a hot zone where the mosquitoes that transmit the virus flourish. The painful disease kills thousands each year and infects hundreds of millions within a band of tropical territory spanning the globe.

While the overwhelming majority of people infected never present symptoms, severe cases can result in bleeding, respiratory distress and organ failure. More common symptoms — a few that mirror the coronavirus — include high fevers, severe headaches and excruciating joint pain deserving of dengue’s sobriquet, “breakbone fever.”

The rise in dengue fever cases is further straining medical resources in countries like Indonesia at a time when healthcare facilities are dealing with the crushing demands of a pandemic — a stark reminder of how the coronavirus’ impact on health is rippling far beyond just those it sickens.

People worldwide are delaying elective surgery. Non-coronavirus patients are competing for diminishing supplies of ventilators, antiviral drugs and sedatives. And countries with chronically low numbers of medical staff are being pushed to the brink.

It took days for Irma to find treatment for her children. A doctor drew blood samples at home because Irma feared exposing the youngsters to the coronavirus at a hospital. When the tests revealed dengue, it took several more days to find a facility that wasn’t designated for COVID-19 patients.

“The children were very weak and dizzy by then,” said Irma, 42, whose children were hospitalized for four days in April.

Dengue’s early flu-like symptoms can be confused for the coronavirus. Some patients have been found to have both, exponentially worsening their chances of recovery. The first person with COVID-19 to die in Thailand was also infected by dengue (pronounced deng-ee). In February, two Singaporeans with COVID-19 were misdiagnosed as having dengue.

Like the coronavirus, there is no cure for the disease, though researchers have been trying for decades to develop a vaccine — a sobering prospect for those expecting a COVID-19 vaccine to be ready in less than two years.

Development has been complicated by the fact the dengue virus appears in four different forms, known as serotypes. Patients who recover from one serotype can develop an immunity, but they face severe illness if they’re later infected by another serotyope. A successful vaccine would have to target all four serotypes.

One promising vaccine ended up being marred by controversy. In 2017, the Philippines stopped a vaccination drive that used a drug sold by French pharmaceutical manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur after children began dying.

The government action came after Sanofi Pasteur disclosed its vaccine was making children ill who had never had dengue. The World Health Organization now recommends the drug only for those who have had dengue in the past. The scandal resulted in indictments of government officials and medical researchers in the Philippines, and a public mistrust of inoculations that contributed to a major recurrence of measles last year.

“It’s sort of a cautionary tale while we’re searching for a COVID-19 vaccine,” said Dr. Leong Hoe Nam, an infectious diseases expert at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital in Singapore. “Vaccines don’t always behave the way we want them to.”

While dengue is also found in Africa and countries south of the United States, 70% of its occurrence is in Asia. Before 1970, only nine countries had severe dengue epidemics, according to the World Health Organization.

Since then, mass urbanization, explosive growth in travel and warming weather has propelled the spread of the disease, making it endemic in 128 countries. Dengue is considered a “neglected tropical disease,” a title given by health officials to describe illnesses that occur in mostly poorer countries that receive inadequate attention.

The World Health Organization last year named dengue one of the top 10 public health threats and urged countries to improve surveillance of female Aedes mosquitoes, the pests most responsible for spreading the disease (Los Angeles County experienced an outbreak of Aedes mosquitoes as recently as 2018

Experts are unsure what impact social restrictions and widespread lockdowns will have on the spread of the disease. Aedes mosquito bites most commonly occur inside homes, which is where people are now confined.

The likelihood of infection “is probably increased with everyone staying at home, but the lack of mobility may limit its spread,” said Duane Gubler, founding director of the Emerging Infectious Diseases Signature Research Program at Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore. “We’re going to have to wait and see.”

Dengue outbreaks tend to come in waves lasting several years. The duration of outbreaks depend on populations developing herd immunity to strains of the virus before a new one can gain momentum.

Countries such as Singapore have learned to live with the disease by promoting what amounts to social distancing with mosquitoes.

Citizens here are regularly reminded by inspectors to eliminate sources of stagnant water. Construction sites, prime places for puddles, must include on-site pest control officers charged with eliminating larvae. And residential neighborhoods are periodically doused with plumes of organic insecticides, a practice known as fogging.

Earlier this month, the country’s National Environment Agency expanded a program releasing male mosquitoes loaded with bacterium designed to prevent eggs from hatching after mating.

Despite increased vigilance, however, dengue cases, including a senior member of Parliament, have doubled compared with the same period last year, to 6,900 — all while the country’s health network has had to treat nearly 25,000 coronavirus patients.

“We are all susceptible to dengue and it’s a war we can’t fight alone. We need each other, more than ever before,” Low Yen Ling, a member of Parliament since 2015, wrote on her Facebook page.

Guo Xian has been vigilant since he saw public health banners up in his central Singapore neighborhood warning of a local dengue outbreak. The radio producer contracted the disease three years ago and had to be hospitalized with a high fever and a rash. To reduce his chances of getting dengue again — and facing an even worse episode — he has reduced his morning jogs and begun applying mosquito repellent liberally, even indoors.

“Ever since I got discharged, I’ve been paranoid,” said Guo, 46, who feels dengue sapped him of some of his energy. “You’ve always got to be careful, especially now because of dengue and COVID-19.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

It’s an oddly wonderful community of people I have never met.

Nor would you want to (in some cases).  Hang in there!

Best wishes being sent your way from the South.  

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Funny you should mention this. I told my PA I was experiencing exactly what you describe in skin sensitivity. I thought it weird. She said in some viral infections it’s not uncommon. Go figure.

Dengue? Dude............

fever will make your skin super sensitive sometimes,  there were times I wish i would get sick as what my GF would do to me that would drive me crazy.. :)

1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

From the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION but what the hell do they know?

https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/symptoms/index.html

This is from the CDC but they don't know shit either...

It took another SA’er  @LoopyGirdleSniffer to mention that it comes back to visit!! Then I realised what the flashbacks were from. 
It’s seriously curtailed my travelling, I’m not running the risk of a third go with it that’s for sure. 

Felt like I’d been beaten with a metal bar and then had it inserted into my skull and neck. 

edit

Sorry for the thread drift. 

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Skipping all the gritty details.....it’s just the same day over again........here at day 7 I’m pretty much unchanged. No worse, maybe a tiny better. Pattern has settled in though. Pretty good morning (writing in that window now) followed around 1100 or so by the balance of the day with crushing fever (102+), shaking and muscle aches beyond description. Just a little short of breath during those periods only. Fever subsides around 2200, then it’s sweat soaked night. Last night I went through 4 separate changes of long sleeve tee with each literally writing wet. Come morning. I feel........okay. Then do it again. I simply do not understand how I can feel mostly okay till the fever hits and so so miserable and compromised. 

So yesterday I had a telemedicine conference with the PA at my internists office. Smart young woman. Duke grad. She said “you look like shit”. I just gave her that look. She said it’s time to get you tested. Medically referred/requested (medical referral required to get tested still) me to a hospital system’s testing service. Another telemedicine conference with a Doc and I have an appointment for a drive through test this morning (hoping to still be in my “good window”). She offered drive through or clinic appointment with chest X-ray. I told her drive through as I didn’t see the additional value in exposing her staff, other patients and her for the benefit of a chest X-ray. I don’t think it will be a huge diagnostic benefit at this stage. If I stay home there really is no change in therapy I have available based on the film. She smiled and said “drive through it is”.

It could still be a community acquired respiratory virus like influenza. Doc and I discussed that. It would be nice then all I have to worry about is weathering the misery and getting better and not suddenly crashing into extremis, hellish transport, sedation/intubation and eventually not ever wake up. I would feel very very lucky if it was just some weirdly vicious viral infection.  

So............there we go.......day 7 underway. 

Thanks again for all your expressions of concern. It’s an oddly wonderful community of people I have never met. Wellness to you all. Be careful out there.

Hope you keep progressing positively, PB.  Sounds like you've already had enough of hell.

Get well soon.We are here for you brother

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

She offered drive through or clinic appointment with chest X-ray. I told her drive through as I didn’t see the additional value in exposing her staff, other patients and her for the benefit of a chest X-ray. I don’t think it will be a huge diagnostic benefit at this stage.

Image may contain: text

• Like 1

Hang in there PB....get well soon....we are all looking forward to the book.....

• Like 1

Pullin' for you PB. I'd send you Gumbo if I could..

CCV19.jpg

PB, we're all hanging around outside your house, figuratively speaking, waiting until you're better and can come out to play again.

We might get chased away by Mrs PB but we'll be back later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Sox said:

PB, we're all hanging around outside your house, figuratively speaking, waiting until you're better and can come out to play again.

spot on :)

PB, did you get your drive through test this am?  When will you get the results?

How is Ms PB protecting herself now?  As is it was not stressful enough

Get better dude. 

U want me to post sum sum pic to cheer u up?

52 minutes ago, VWAP said:

Get better dude. 

U want me to post sum sum pic to cheer u up?

Why not?

I mean he told us what he was wearing.....

6 hours ago, Black Sox said:

Trust us, we'll get some hijinks going to keep you and your neighborhood entertained.

King-of-the-Hill-640x360.jpg

• Like 3

IFC ran the original 1991 Point Break back-to-back with the 2015 version tonight.

56 minutes ago, hobot said:

Trust us, we'll get some hijinks going to keep you and your neighborhood entertained.

King-of-the-Hill-640x360.jpg

made me think of this -  maybe PB would prefer wine?   Best wishes PB from Downunderland

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Why not?

I mean he told us what he was wearing.....

• Like 1

Do surfers not use leashes these days?

Did I just display my ignorance of all things surfing?

14 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Wrist Rocket slingshot. I'm damn good with one of those. Well, except for the Porsche 928 incident involving a big marble and a passenger side window....

That was a miss. I mowed his yard all summer as payback. Worth it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Black Sox said:

Well personally, I'm waiting for PB to get better, and for the avocados if the squirrels left any.

• Like 2

Better..............Day 8. Day 7 was indeed the turning point and things are a little better since. Still minor waves, but the fevers are not as high, not much in the way of chills, still really really tired but appetite improving. A little cough still. No shortness of breath except for a minute or so climbing the stairs or similar exertion and its not really short of breath, just winded. Sweaty nights still......yep but not as bad. Sat in the sun for a while this morning just marveling at how wonderful it is just to be outside and alive........I've felt that way on several occasions before. I'm optimistic as hell right now. I'm winning. Amazing what a turn Day 7 was.....exactly what they predicted. They said if its COVID, its typical that on day 7 you either start your recovery and things go south fast.....only your immune system knows. COVID test results will take another day or two depending on how busy the lab is. I'm not sure what I hope for as a result. Negative = in the 15% false negative band or WTF was it then? Positive = well I got through even a moderate case at home and now may have antibodies. I do worry about my wife who has been caring for me if I am positive and will be on edge watching her every cough for the next several weeks.

That does bring up something I should mention/explain so as not to be confusing. As many of ya'll may remember, in 2017 after 28 years of wonderful marriage ending with two years of her fighting a blood disease my wife passed away. Never thought and never tried to find any dating relationship. Several years later a woman at pickleball said "hey, I know a woman  lives nearby who also lost her husband of 30years under similar circumstances several years ago. I think you two would hit it off. Would you like to be introduced to play pickleball sometime?" I thought for minute and said "I guess". I really wasn't interested but thought a woman to meet for pickleball and an occasional glass of wine might be nice. Several months later we did have coffee and then pickleball followed by dinner. Well.................we both were immediately stricken, fell in love and were married late last year. Neither one us dated after our spouses passed and neither were "looking"......just an immediate connection. Having been in love in happy marriages before and in our 60's we didn't have to sort through all the shit younger people do.............we recognized it again.

Who gets two chances??!!! Thank you stars......................and all of you for your concern and the expressions of concern. Neither was meaningless. When this shitstorm of a global pandemic is over I'll hopefully get to actually meet some of you. 

• Like 41

1 minute ago, Point Break said:

Better..............Day 8. Day 7 was indeed the turning point and things are a little better since. Still minor waves, but the fevers are not as high, not much in the way of chills, still really really tired but appetite improving. A little cough still. No shortness of breath except for a minute or so climbing the stairs or similar exertion and its not really short of breath, just winded. Sweaty nights still......yep but not as bad. Sat in the sun for a while this morning just marveling at how wonderful it is just to be outside and alive........I've felt that way on several occasions before. I'm optimistic as hell right now. I'm winning. Amazing what a turn Day 7 was.....exactly what they predicted. They said if its COVID, its typical that on day 7 you either start your recovery and things go south fast.....only your immune system knows. COVID test results will take another day or two depending on how busy the lab is. I'm not sure what I hope for as a result. Negative = in the 15% false negative band or WTF was it then? Positive = well I got through even a moderate case at home and now may have antibodies. I do worry about my wife who has been caring for me if I am positive and will be on edge watching her every cough for the next several weeks.

That does bring up something I should mention/explain so as not to be confusing. As many of ya'll may remember, in 2017 after 28 years of wonderful marriage ending with two years of her fighting a blood disease my wife passed away. Never thought and never tried to find any dating relationship. Several years later a woman at pickleball said "hey, I know a woman  lives nearby who also lost her husband of 30years under similar circumstances several years ago. I think you two would hit it off. Would you like to be introduced to play pickleball sometime?" I thought for minute and said "I guess". I really wasn't interested but thought a woman to meet for pickleball and an occasional glass of wine might be nice. Several months later we did have coffee and then pickleball followed by dinner. Well.................we both were immediately stricken, fell in love and were married late last year. Neither one us dated after our spouses passed and neither were "looking"......just an immediate connection. Having been in love in happy marriages before and in our 60's we didn't have to sort through all the shit younger people do.............we recognized it again.

Who gets two chances??!!! Thank you stars......................and all of you for your concern and the expressions of concern. Neither was meaningless. When this shitstorm of a global pandemic is over I'll hopefully get to actually meet some of you. 

Be careful what you wish for.  IRL, you might find us to be boring and bitter - or not. 

Glad to hear you are on the mend.  

PB, can we at least still hang out on the sidewalk out front with a cooler of beer?

• Like 2

Glad to hear you are feeling better PB, hopefully you have turned the corner in a good way.

Thank you for clearing up the confusion about your wife.  I was wondering and it's difficult to ask a question about these things in a delicate matter like that.  You are indeed lucky to find happiness again, that's wonderful.

By the way, what the hell is pickleball?  I guess I've been out of the country too long.

45 minutes ago, Point Break said:

A newly wed? That's a good excuse for not getting the first draft of the book out. When your back to 100% better get started on it.e on the mend.

• Like 1

Great Gnus  !

This is the fourth time I checked this thread today. I was getting a little concerned.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hobot said:

PB, can we at least still hang out on the sidewalk out front with a cooler of beer?

I’m sure this group has a few Driveway Drinkers. 

• Like 3