charisma94

The rise of the KAREN

20 hours ago, On The Hard said:

"Did someone hurt your feelings? I just got $509 million dollars for a client with hurt feelings!  CALL ME RIGHT NOW!!!"

It's beyond nauseating to see our local shyster in his ads being driven in his chauffeur driven Rolls to his private jet paid for by taking almost 50% of the award for himself.  These days half of America seems to think a fender bender is a path to riches. (Beats working))  Little do they know that they settle most of these with a letter or two and take up to half the money for maybe an hour or two of work. The State Bar may not consider it unethical, but I sure as Hell do, and yes, this shit happens because of advertising, Karen.

A good friend of mine, elderly retired gentleman was in a parking lot fender bender several months ago sometime before Christmas.  I don't know the exact circumstances, but there was zero damage to both cars as it was a tap on the bumper as both were backing out at roughly the same time.  They both agreed it was not worth the hassle of filing a police report and went on their merry way.  About a month ago, my friend gets a court summons or papers served or whatever its called.  Turns out the fat cunt is suing for damages and injury to the tune of $20K+. 

He showed me the pics he took on his phone, there was literally not even a scratch on her car.  It's this sort of entitled BULLSHIT that makes my blood boil.  Because the insurance companies will likely settle, my friends rates will go up and we will ALL pay for this with higher rates too.  Fucking unethical lawyer cunts who feed other unethical cunts a line of BS that they *deserve* this.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

A good friend of mine, elderly retired gentleman was in a parking lot fender bender several months ago sometime before Christmas.  I don't know the exact circumstances, but there was zero damage to both cars as it was a tap on the bumper as both were backing out at roughly the same time.  They both agreed it was not worth the hassle of filing a police report and went on their merry way.  About a month ago, my friend gets a court summons or papers served or whatever its called.  Turns out the fat cunt is suing for damages and injury to the tune of $20K+. 

He showed me the pics he took on his phone, there was literally not even a scratch on her car.  It's this sort of entitled BULLSHIT that makes my blood boil.  Because the insurance companies will likely settle, my friends rates will go up and we will ALL pay for this with higher rates too.  Fucking unethical lawyer cunts who feed other unethical cunts a line of BS that they *deserve* this.  

Your good friend took the word of someone he didn't know after a fender bender?  Is your friend a priest or does he have some other excuse for doing something that you are supposed to learn not to do when you get your driver's license?

Lawyers are funny critters. Nobody likes them till you need one! :lol: I wanted to be one for a while but then I grew up and became a fireman. :D:D

Advertising..........I gotta say, I really wouldn't pick one using a TV ad..........but others mileage may vary. In my last assignment in the FD, our General Counsel reported (sort of) to me. He was really the organizations General Counsel and thus really "worked' for the governing body of elected officials. However in most circumstances I reviewed the monthly bills and he & I spent a lot of time together as he was my resource as well for legal opinions and conversations that were not "opinions" (note - there is a difference......"opinions" are political documents written to a certain purpose......conversations are much more productive and honest) about any number of matters we had to deal with. Although the firm has a number of attorneys and he might bring in one or another that was more versed in a certain body of law he was kinda the generalist and dealt with most issues and I always appreciated it. I liked him......a lot......we developed an excellent relationship and we navigated his role as the elected officials attorney and my resource - sometimes not the same set of interests in play - quite well. He really helped me frame up more than one decision. I did not always take his advice but I always appreciated the concise coherent manner of presenting the information. Really good really smart dude.

Personally I have had no need except for estate planning and estate updates. Found him via referral from friends and interviewed him before I engaged him. He did fine. 

PI attorneys...............I don't know............I've seen the spectrum, usually on the other side of the table in some bullshit action being brought against my FD hoping for some easy "go away" money. Work Comp attorneys are a particularly..............interesting...........subset of that group. On balance......if you are an injured worker or just plain ole Joe that gets seriously injured through no fault of your/his own, in our current environment getting compensated (medical bills, lost wages present and future if disabled) probably won't happen out of the goodness of anyones heart. There is just something that feels slimy about the guys who advertise on TV "Larry Parker got me 1.2 million dollars" sort of stuff. Maybe thats the only way plain ole Joe can find one. It wouldn't be my selection process..........well it would be..........I wouldn't use anyone who advertises on the Jerry Springer show..........

Just saying..............

Here is a Super Bowl ad from our local ambulance chaser lawyer. He is a piece of work but must be making some good money if he can buy 30 second Super Bowl TV ads. 

19 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Here is a Super Bowl ad from our local ambulance chaser lawyer. He is a piece of work but must be making some good money if he can buy 30 second Super Bowl TV ads. 

Not only did the check for the 30 seconds have many zeros at the end, that was a very expensive 30 seconds of filmaking!!  Probabaly more than few hours of filming and cutting to get it down to 30 seconds.

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Not only did the check for the 30 seconds have many zeros at the end, that was a very expensive 30 seconds of filmaking!!  Probabaly more than few hours of filming and cutting to get it down to 30 seconds.

I think his Dad was the guy who came up with the idea on online dating or maybe just made a ton of money backing the originators. Looking at David J's early adds it sure look like that may be the case since he is always surrounded by online sluts! 

Here is my favorite...

Check out the Bimbos!

It was two wonderful lawyers who helped us to save the lives of the two kids who we have now adopted. I am eternally grateful to both of them. Of course there were lawyers on the other side who I would not mind seeing fall in front of a bus. That is the nature of our justice system though, right? It is confrontational by design, so there is always going to be a lawyer taking a side you disagree with. Since I believe our nation is generally progressing in the right direction, the last 6-12 months not withstanding, I think we should appreciate the work of the lawyers who helped make that happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I think his Dad was the guy who came up with the idea on online dating or maybe just made a ton of money backing the originators. Looking at David J's early adds it sure look like that may be the case since he is always surrounded by online sluts! 

Here is my favorite...

Check out the Bimbos!

IO suspect he has a close friend or family member in the film business.  Either that, or he fell out of a rich vagina.  In which case, why choose to be a personal injury attorney, instead of doing charity work, playing golf and sailing??  Great ads!! Very professionally well done.  I expect he's a frustrated Actor, who didn't make the cut.

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Thanks for the unsolicited advice on what to do and not to do. I'll be sure to consider it. 

if you think the legal profession is less ethical now than it was in the past, I have a 60s muscle car to sell you. 

Drives great.

Apparently, you skipped the part where I pointed out I was being troll and not to be taken seriously

I also learned not to argue with a semi-anonymous troll on the Internet (that role being played by me at the moment - but I promise to stop).

As promised, my trolling on the topic has ended.

35 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

IO suspect he has a close friend or family member in the film business.  Either that, or he fell out of a rich vagina.  In which case, why choose to be a personal injury attorney, instead of doing charity work, playing golf and sailing??  Great ads!! Very professionally well done.  I expect he's a frustrated Actor, who didn't make the cut.

You have a good point there. Check the credits roll at the end on this full length Director's Cut of the Superbowl Godfather ad.

• Like 1

I dould't use the quote function without reposting the film, how do I do that?  I right clicked and looked for "cut" or "delete", but not found?

Rasputin said:

You have a good point there. Check the credits roll at the end on this full length Director's Cut of the Superbowl Godfather ad.

Yes, the credits roll like an epic, blockbuster movie, and the attorney takes the top billing in all the top jobs.  I would love to know what the ROI is for his firm with million dollar adverts???  If this is just a vanity play and he is Daddy Warbucks, I guess he needs validation.  If I fell out of a rich vagina, I would:

1) Sailing more, in new, wonderful places, and racing, so long as body can take it...

2) Golf.  NOT!!! 

3) More ineresting cars

4) Charity work.

But, that's just me, YMMV

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

But, that's just me, YMMV

No  nodde to birdes you coude be helpeng?                                                   :)

Billy, 

I will call him tomorrow and tell him he has been selected by the Sailing Anarchists as their spokesperson and see just how deep he can dig to have a Gran Prix level racing sailboat designed and built by the WLYDO. I just can't decide if he in multihull or monohull oriented.

He is for real and works harder than any TV PI Lawyer I have ever seen and he is in probably one of the toughest markets there is. The Gulf Coast of Al-Panhandle. Maybe he could by the Mule that I think got left in Pensacola by AM. 

BTW, the lawyer is so love/hated locally that there have been spoofs made of his advertisments. Someone spent a lot to fund this spoof. You think he has a alter ego puppet.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:00 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Thanks for the unsolicited advice on what to do and not to do. I'll be sure to consider it. 

if you think the legal profession is less ethical now than it was in the past, I have a 60s muscle car to sell you. 

Drives great.

I have to say, it would be a very difficult argument to make that the legal profession now has less ethics than it had in the past. Very difficult indeed.

FKT

32 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I have to say, it would be a very difficult argument to make that the legal profession now has less ethics than it had in the past. Very difficult indeed.

FKT

Is it better ethics or better rules to force the impression of better ethics?

On 5/28/2020 at 8:38 PM, Rasputin22 said:

Billy, 

I will call him tomorrow and tell him he has been selected by the Sailing Anarchists as their spokesperson and see just how deep he can dig to have a Gran Prix level racing sailboat designed and built by the WLYDO. I just can't decide if he in multihull or monohull oriented.

He is for real and works harder than any TV PI Lawyer I have ever seen and he is in probably one of the toughest markets there is. The Gulf Coast of Al-Panhandle. Maybe he could by the Mule that I think got left in Pensacola by AM. 

BTW, the lawyer is so love/hated locally that there have been spoofs made of his advertisments. Someone spent a lot to fund this spoof. You think he has a alter ego puppet.

Raspy, NIce!!  Get him into a TP52, and we can go race in Europe with him!!  That's number one on my bucket list!  I'll drive and you can do bow or tactics, your choice, okay!!  EDIT, Who's WLYDO??

9 hours ago, chester said:

World's Largest Yacht Design Office...SA-Cruising

Thanks for 'splainin' chester!!  Why not just go with Juan K??

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Because it would be awesome if the keel stayed on, or the boat didn't break in half and flip over killing a guy.

4 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Juan Karen?

• Like 1

My youngest daughter picked up a part time gig at Starbucks.

Yesterday - she encountered a 'mute' Karen.  Apparently, this woman has an actual disorder but compensates by hastily writing angry notes.

She said it was VERY hard not to laugh at the absurdity of the situation but did her best to adjust the ice/soy ratio to the appropriate fill nonetheless.

10 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

aQdxEx8_460swp.webp

Reminds me of Henny Penny a Hen I once had who ruled the roost (so to speak).

On 5/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, Gissie said:

Is it better ethics or better rules to force the impression of better ethics?

I don't believe I mentioned or implied that the standards were better now.

Merely that it was difficult to see how they could be lower than in the past. Given the then level, that is.

FKT

The problem with the Karens of the US , their not getting anything at home, so they want to fuck the rest of us.

Funny story ,Yesterday waiting for my wife, I sat in the car , on the phone , A Karen pulls in behind me wanting my spot, so I get the horn , hand motions etc, So she end s up pulling next to me < which was open the whole time , but I was one spot closer to the store, so she had to walk another 10' , Life to short for all this drama.lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I don't believe I mentioned or implied that the standards were better now.

As told to me by a silk I sailed with;

"there are three types of lawyers - prosecution, defence, and leeches"

9 minutes ago, Se7en said:

"there are three to types of lawyers - prosecution, defence, and  alle leeches"

fixte                       :)

4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

fixte                       :)

I've never met a rich prosecutor...

6 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I know a former State prosecutor, who has a pretty decent pension, IIRC....

13 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Our District Attorney in Atlanta took 195k from a nonprofit he ran.  The funds came from the city.

There are many ways a prosecutor can get rich.  Where's Giuliani?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/15/trial-for-giuliani-associates-postponed-188411

9 hours ago, hasher said:

Our District Attorney in Atlanta took 195k from a nonprofit he ran.  The funds came from the city.

There are many ways a prosecutor can get rich.  Where's Giuliani?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/15/trial-for-giuliani-associates-postponed-188411

He'd have been referring to Australia, where we don't have such outrages as civil forfeiture and 'equitable sharing'.

FKT

On 5/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, Knut Grotzki said:

Even the open sea is full of Karens. Karen says: F##ck it all and go sailing

https://www.amazon.de/All-Go-Sailing-Everything-English-ebook/dp/B07MYCHBYR

Karen.JPG.0f07a71dd63f8230cf4c2ef4bb5414a9.JPG

And please read those excerpts - if you need a nice present for any sailing-Karens:

image.png.671f8dd00b6b63bd57589d6705455115.png

image.png

OMG, WTF??  Just a big word salad...  

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

OMG, WTF??  Just a big word salad...  

I see that and think some really bad writing program either fooled an editor or the book is self published, and I don't think there's an editor that would publish that.

That said, my wife is addicted to Danielle Steele novels, which she seems to write at a rather astounding rate of 2-3/year and all to the same romantic formula, and somehow she found an editor/ publisher.

3 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Danielle Steele novels, which she seems to write at a rather astounding rate of 2-3/year and all to the same romantic formula, and somehow she found an editor/ publisher.

I allwayes assumed the Kathleene Turner charactere in 'Romanceng the Stoane' wase baste on DS.    Greate intro.                                          :)

25 minutes ago, Willin' said:

write at a rather astounding rate of 2-3/year and all to the same romantic formula, and somehow she found an editor/ publisher.

Well when you sell over 650 million books in 70 countries.  They’ll be chomping at the bit to get a piece of the action.

shes working book 185.  Her first book was published in 72    That 3.8 books per year on average.  

Barbara Cartland has written 723 books  romance based.   From 1920’s through the 90’s  and she had 160 unpublished novel when she died.   More than billion books sold.

Talk about regurgitated stuff...

damn the Wikipedia holes we go down   

Fwiw Agatha Christie only wrote 85 books  but 4 billion in sales  who’s second only William Shakespeare who’s wrote fewer books 42 with 4  billion in sales  

Alistair Maclean did the same - he had one story line that he simply changed the setting of.

He didn't write hundreds of them but enough to made him rich & famous.

20 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Alistair Maclean did the same - he had one story line that he simply changed the setting of.

He didn't write hundreds of them but enough to made him rich & famous.

Clive cussler as well

Louis L'amour - same

Nora Roberts. I've read some when I've been desperate. They remind me of a supposed inscription in a novel that a yachtie picked up in a swap meet - "If you are on passage and this is the last book you have left unread, you have my profound sympathy"

FKT

On 5/31/2020 at 3:20 PM, cmilliken said:

My youngest daughter picked up a part time gig at Starbucks.

Yesterday - she encountered a 'mute' Karen.  Apparently, this woman has an actual disorder but compensates by hastily writing angry notes.

She said it was VERY hard not to laugh at the absurdity of the situation but did her best to adjust the ice/soy ratio to the appropriate fill nonetheless.

Reminds me of a hilarious music vid. Not a bad song and the Starbucks bit will make your daughter howl if she hasn't seen it.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, Not for nothing said:

The problem with the Karens of the US , their not getting anything at home, so they want to fuck the rest of us.

One project we bumped into a Karen in a wheel chair.  She was a control freak, could be pretty domineering.  After one meeting where it happened again, one of the team said,

"She's only like that because she can't control her body ... so she's trying to control everyone else instead!"

On 6/2/2020 at 5:00 AM, Not for nothing said:

Funny story ,Yesterday waiting for my wife, I sat in the car , on the phone , A Karen pulls in behind me wanting my spot, so I get the horn , hand motions etc, So she end s up pulling next to me < which was open the whole time , but I was one spot closer to the store, so she had to walk another 10' , Life to short for all this drama.lol

You should have put the car in reverse and then just sat there.  Her brain would have exploded!!!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:58 AM, astro said:

One project we bumped into a Karen in a wheel chair.  She was a control freak, could be pretty domineering.  After one meeting where it happened again, one of the team said,

"She's only like that because she can't control her body ... so she's trying to control everyone else instead!"

That probably calmed her down...

Because they already have a perfect life? Or a perfectly miserable life?

3 hours ago, Caca Cabeza said:

Because they already have a perfect life? Or a perfectly miserable life?

That's it.  Not happy unless they have something to complain about.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

How to effectively deal with a Karen

Yeah it worked, but very American right?  Good ol violence works every time.

17 minutes ago, astro said:

Yeah it worked, but very American right?  Good ol violence works every time.

As long as it's limited to the occasional slap, I'm fine with that - I don't think we're at the point where we're advocating shooting Karens at sight.

Yet... B)

9 minutes ago, hobot said:

I have faith, I'll wait for him

I see you one stirring robot and raise you one breakfast robot.

14 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I see you one stirring robot and raise you one breakfast robot.

You crazy bastard Grrr!

Don't show that here, some Owner/Drivers gonna find a way to use that contraption as a way to eliminate the Fordeck position!!

• Like 1

Can it make French Toast?

11 minutes ago, Proneshooter said:

Can it make French Toast?

it could but who would care?

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Ok Canada.  Start apologizing.

1jl0vzbl1y351.jpg

hopefully Karen keeps her lovin' in Ottawa!

because soap bubbles are SO dirty. Wash them NOW!

On 6/8/2020 at 6:55 PM, floating dutchman said:

That's it.  Not happy unless they have something to complain about.

I wonder how many of these Karens were first born  child?    There's a lot of controlingism going on with a strong sense of entitlement and having the expectations of how people should be living their lives, according to their standards,  because it's the "proper" way to do things..  my favorite was the woman demanding here money back at a fast food drive-thru while the building was on fire..  i have to find the vid..  

holy crap that was easier than i thought..

Idiot.  Never piss off the people who serve food.

• Like 1

image.png.9b072c6516493ac0e15099db6cc0ecdf.png

I live next door to Karen.  FML.  I decided to move my boat out of the driveway to work on it elsewhere because Karen freaked out when I was sanding the bottom (no bottom paint on it - already removed before bringing it home), yelled at me then called the city, resulting in a visit from the environmental protection officer.  The conversation with him summed up is: you have every right to do what you are doing but please try not to annoy your neighbor because we don't want any more phone calls.

In her eyes, me wearing a white anti-dust suit and mask meant I was contaminating the neighborhood with dangerous chemicals.  I tried to explain that I just didn't want dust on my clothes, there was nothing toxic on the boat, but she just yelled some more and walked away.

I don't get mad, I get even.  

6 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I live next door to Karen.  FML.  I decided to move my boat out of the driveway to work on it elsewhere because Karen freaked out when I was sanding the bottom (no bottom paint on it - already removed before bringing it home), yelled at me then called the city, resulting in a visit from the environmental protection officer.  The conversation with him summed up is: you have every right to do what you are doing but please try not to annoy your neighbor because we don't want any more phone calls.

In her eyes, me wearing a white anti-dust suit and mask meant I was contaminating the neighborhood with dangerous chemicals.  I tried to explain that I just didn't want dust on my clothes, there was nothing toxic on the boat, but she just yelled some more and walked away.

I don't get mad, I get even.  

What did you do to get even?

Move the boat?

Or I hope it is a work in progress and there will be follow up

2 hours ago, burndoc said:

What did you do to get even?

Move the boat?

Or I hope it is a work in progress and there will be follow up

Work in progress.  There is a community limit on fence height, and, not surprisingly, her fence exceeds it.  Just waiting for the right moment to complain to the city to have it reduced in height - she's not handy and she'll have to pay someone to chop the top 6" off.  She spent a lot of money on that fence. There are other possibilities.   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Work in progress.  There is a community limit on fence height, and, not surprisingly, her fence exceeds it.  Just waiting for the right moment to complain to the city to have it reduced in height - she's not handy and she'll have to pay someone to chop the top 6" off.  She spent a lot of money on that fence. There are other possibilities.   

May be better to add to the fence rather than take away...  Can you raise it another 6'?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

So you are planning to be a Cynthia to her Karen?

https://ispot.tv/a/nBpP

23 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

So you are planning to be a Cynthia to her Karen?

https://ispot.tv/a/nBpP

Nope.  Just a bit of payback for her thinking she can determine what I do on my property.  It snows here sometimes.  Maybe she'll get stuck in her driveway and I'll just sip coffee and watch, and smile and wave at her through the window.

5 hours ago, Rain Man said:

did she get a permit to put the fence in?  no ? it's got to go...   i've been through city code wars with assholes who used to live next door...

11 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Karma can be your friend. :D

• Like 1

1: This thread belongs in PA

2:

2 hours ago, Mid said:

Are we really living in a world were anti-social behavior is considered political? :blink:

2 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

Are we really living in a world were anti-social behavior is considered political? :blink:

take it , you're unfamiliar with the current potus ...

• Like 1

If you consider having a jackass as potus (which is political) as a valid excuse for behaving like a jackass (which is not political), it just means you were not properly raised by your parents

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 4:17 PM, floating dutchman said:

And this week on Neighbours at war....

nothing can be more fun than a psychopathic neighbor from hell...  thankfully moved away years ago, though the memories are painful..   there's a telephone / powerline easement between the properties..  it was an enjoyable day when maintenance crew came through to trim branches away from the lines...  he went apeshit as these crews can't be bothered with aesthetics with their pruning, cops called as usual..   he was smart enough to know how far to push the envelope without breaking the law...  there was many a day i wished he would cross the line so i could take him out... never got to, thankfully, cause i would have probably seriously hurt him and wouldn't want that on my karma..

On 6/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i would have probably seriously hurt him and wouldn't want that on my karma..

I'm a firm believer that for many humans to learn something  it either needs to cause us pain or cost us money.    Sometimes that pain in self inflicted, sometimes not...

On 6/14/2020 at 7:45 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

never got to, thankfully, cause i would have probably seriously hurt him and wouldn't want that on my karma..

Butte in that intsance, woudentte you haive beene the insrtumentte of karma?                                               :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Butte in that intsance, woudentte you haive beene the insrtumentte of karma?                                               :)

yes his karma accepts the pain,  my karma goes to  jail..

On 6/14/2020 at 4:04 AM, Mid said:

2:

She is a bit much but... If he just said "yes, it is my property" situation may have been avoided.