Sign in to follow this  
mikewof

Angry Summer

My teenage daughters were tear-gassed by the Denver police today, apparently their protest got out of hand. No big deal, nobody hurt that I know of.

All these young adults with delayed lives, they weren't happy, but then a bunch of innocent people were killed by cops while most everyone was distracted by The Great Killer Virus. Now the kids are pissed.

This summer, I suspect it's going to be a rough one unless cops find a way to demilitarize. And I haven't seen cops demilitarize since before 9/11.

8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If they really were distracted, they'd be at home....

The quarantine is lifted here. It was a Black Lives Matter protest.

But yeah, what do Black lives matter compared to a few million still virus-terrified Baby Boomers?

Oh, and Boomer, one of the recent victims was killed in her bed, compliant with your beloved quarantine ... 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-woman-shot-killed-after-kentucky-police-entered-her-home-n1205651

8 minutes ago, mikewof said:

But yeah, what do Black lives matter compared to a few million still virus-terrified Baby Boomers?

The quarantine is lifted?

You free thinker you. Going out because the government said it's ok!

I'm guessing the virus has killed more black people in Denver than the police force in the last 8 weeks?

Social distancing, because black lives matter!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Oh, and Boomer, one of the recent victims was killed in her bed, compliant with your beloved quarantine ... 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-woman-shot-killed-after-kentucky-police-entered-her-home-n1205651

ETS isn't a Boomer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The quarantine is lifted?

You free thinker you. Going out because the government said it's ok!

I'm guessing the virus has killed more black people in Denver than the police force in the last 8 weeks?

Social distancing, because black lives matter!

So Black lives don't matter anymore in the Great Virus Wars?

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

Every life matters, you douche.

57 minutes ago, mikewof said:

My teenage daughters were tear-gassed by the Denver police today, apparently their protest got out of hand. No big deal, nobody hurt that I know of.

All these young adults with delayed lives, they weren't happy, but then a bunch of innocent people were killed by cops while most everyone was distracted by The Great Killer Virus. Now the kids are pissed.

This summer, I suspect it's going to be a rough one unless cops find a way to demilitarize. And I haven't seen cops demilitarize since before 9/11.

You say your daughters were tear gassed but no one was hurt? and here you are trying to make political capital our of your daughters tear gassing. Shots were fired too. Why are you not looking after them?

A few weeks ago you were complaining they had nothing to do except hang around the back of empty shopping malls, and now they are apparently getting tear gassed at protests.

Seems to me your teenage daughters need a little parental guidance.

Perhaps you could take them out to do some volunteering, you know, helping old black people do shopping or something.They are probably being encouraged to stay indoors. Unless Old black people are boomers too:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Every life matters, you douche.

Any idea why then, that it's often the Black ones who are strangled and shot in their beds by cops?

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You say your daughters were tear gassed but no one was hurt? and here you are trying to make political capital our of your daughters tear gassing. Why are you not looking after them?

A few weeks ago you were complaining they had nothing to do except hang around the back of empty shopping malls, and now they are apparently getting tear gassed at protests.

Seems to me your teenage daughters need a little parental guidance.

Perhaps you could take them out to do some volunteering, you know, helping old black people do shopping or something.

You live in Australia, and you're judging what protesters are doing on the other side of the planet?

They were PROTESTING the police killings of innocent people, for fuck sake. If you think that isn't an honorable thing for Americans to do, then you must be an Australian busybody who knows not what she writes.

Seek help, lady. Or better yet, realize that the entire planet does not necessarily resemble an exclusive neighbourhood in Melbourne.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Any idea why then, that it's often the Black ones who are strangled and shot in their beds by cops?

Because . Guns.

This is a photo of Breona Taylor, shot to death in her bed by Louisville police,

80f13613-aaa9-489c-ab65-4fe24dbdb258-Bre

She was an EMT.

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Because . Guns.

You're a fucking idiot. Even cops in Australia have guns.

The good thing about you, is that you help erase sexism, and you have proven time and again here that a female can be just as ignorant and short-sighted as any man.

Just now, mikewof said:

You live in Australia, and you're judging what protesters are doing on the other side of the planet?

They were PROTESTING the police killings of innocent people, for fuck sake. If you think that isn't an honorable thing for Americans to do, then you must be an Australian busybody who knows not what she writes.

Seek help, lady. Or better yet, realize that the entire planet does not necessarily resemble an exclusive neighbourhood in Melbourne.

Nah..I'm judging YOU as a parent.

Your girls are teenagers. They are supposed to be under some adult supervision. YOU should know whether these protest are likely to turn violent and supervise your teenagers accordingly.Instead, you use their little unsupervised adventure for political capital. 

You don't seem to be particularly concerned about their health or mental state.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

This is a photo of Breona Taylor, shot to death in her bed by Louisville police,

80f13613-aaa9-489c-ab65-4fe24dbdb258-Bre

She was an EMT.

You're a fucking idiot. Even cops in Australia have guns.

The good thing about you, is that you help erase sexism, and you have proven time and again here that a female can be just as ignorant and short-sighted as any man.

And, what does this have to do with your teenage daughters being tear gassed at a demonstration in a differenet state?

FFS Mike, if you want to start a thread about police brutality and black over representation at the hands of police..go for it. Just don't use your children as some sort of personal badge of honor while they're probably in need right now of some parental comfort and re assurance.

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Nah..I'm judging YOU as a parent.

Your girls are teenagers. They are supposed to be under some adult supervision. YOU should know whether these protest are likely to turn violent and supervise your teenagers accordingly.Instead, you use their little unsupervised adventure for political capital. 

You don't seem to be particularly concerned about their health or mental state.

My teenagers are 18 and 19, old enough to be drafted for war, and old enough to legally make adult decisions.

A parent tends to trust that they have taught their children correctly from birth until they become an adult. And then these children enter adulthood. I trust my kids to make good decisions. Today they protested police killings. They did well, and they did good.

Your "judgement" means nothing to me, because it's now reasonably apparent that you have insufficient moral values.

• Like 1

So..they are not really "teenagers" are they. They are adults.

I really don't know why you brought their presence at a violent demonstration up. Other than for the dramatic effect.

Perhaps you'd like to start again and tell us what this thread is really about?

Because it's all over the place. Boomers? Lockdown? police brutality..against?? teenagers (who aren't really teenagers) or black people.? Your kids delayed lives?

"My teenage daughters were tear-gassed by the Denver police today, apparently their protest got out of hand. No big deal, nobody hurt that I know of.

This summer, I suspect it's going to be a rough one unless cops find a way to demilitarize. And I haven't seen cops demilitarize since before 9/11."

The black lives matter seems as though it was an after thought.

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And, what does this have to do with your teenage daughters being tear gassed at a demonstration in a differenet state?

FFS Mike, if you want to start a thread about police brutality and black over representation at the hands of police..go for it. Just don't use your children as some sort of personal badge of honor while they're probably in need right now of some parental comfort and re assurance.

Let me see if I get this ...

You share every odd detail of your childrens' luxurious lives in Melbourne, from their choice of transportation to their part-time jobs to their living accommodations.

Then I find out something from my own kids that didn't even make the nightly news here (and oh yeah, someone was partly run over by a car during the protests) and you have a problem with that?

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So..they are not really "teenagers" are they. They are adults.

I really don't know why you brought their presence at a violent demonstration up. Other than for the dramatic effect.

Perhaps you'd like to start again and tell us what this thread is really about?

Because it's all over the place. Boomers? Lockdown? police brutality..against?? teenagers (who aren't really teenagers) or black people.? Your kids delayed lives?

"My teenage daughters were tear-gassed by the Denver police today, apparently their protest got out of hand. No big deal, nobody hurt that I know of.

This summer, I suspect it's going to be a rough one unless cops find a way to demilitarize. And I haven't seen cops demilitarize since before 9/11."

The black lives matter seems as though it was an after thought.

18 and 19 are teenagers. Perhaps don't blame me for your ignorance?

This thread is about police militarization. Read.

There are Black Lives Matter protests all over our country because innocent people have recently been killed by militarized police. I'm not sure why you have such a hard time grasping this.

10 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Let me see if I get this ...

You share every odd detail of your childrens' luxurious lives in Melbourne, from their choice of transportation to their part-time jobs to their living accommodations.

Then I find out something from my own kids that didn't even make the nightly news here (and oh yeah, someone was partly run over by a car during the protests) and you have a problem with that?

I have problem with your apparent lack of concern. And it did make the news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/28/colorado-george-floyd-protest-shots-fired

I personally would be too fucking concerned about my kids safety to be right now to be rushing off to start a trolling thread on a sailing forum. but we know you have an ego that needs massaging more than your kids need you.

Tear "gas" generally consists of aerosolized solid or liquid compounds (bromoacetone or xylyl bromide), not gas.[1] Tear gas works by irritating mucous membranes in the eyes, nose, mouth and lungs. It causes crying, sneezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, pain in the eyes, and temporary blindness. With CS gas, symptoms of irritation typically appear after 20 to 60 seconds of exposure[2] and commonly resolve within 30 minutes of leaving (or being removed from) the area.[3] With pepper spray (also called "oleoresin capsicum", capsaicinoid or OC gas), the onset of symptoms, including loss of motor control, is almost immediate.[3] There can be considerable variation in tolerance and response, according to the National Research Council (US) Committee on Toxicology.[4]

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

All these young adults with delayed lives, they weren't happy, but then a bunch of innocent people were killed by cops while most everyone was distracted by The Great Killer Virus.

image.png.044c8dfcf5a1686ff6b22c13f891dcd1.png

But then he probably made that shit up.  Can't believe a fucking thing liars post.

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I have problem with your apparent lack of concern. And it did make the news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/28/colorado-george-floyd-protest-shots-fired

I personally would be too fucking concerned about my kids safety to be right now to be rushing off to start a trolling thread on a sailing forum. but we know you have an ego that needs massaging more than your kids need you.

I shared a personal view of an event that is currently unfolding all over the USA, and you've now managed to make most of this thread about you.

And then, icing on your weird shitcake, you fart up the room as you exit and proclaim that in fact, I'm the troll and the egomaniac.

To your dumbass post, my children are not in significant danger of being murdered by militarized police. That seems to currently happen when there aren't a lot of crowds around ... you know, people who "can't breathe" because some Rambo's knee has compressed their throat?

Again, seek help, lady.

3 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I shared a personal view of an event that is currently unfolding all over the USA, and you've now managed to make most of this thread about you.

And then, icing on your weird shitcake, you fart up the room as you exit and proclaim that in fact, I'm the troll and the egomaniac.

To your dumbass post, my children are not in significant danger of being murdered by militarized police. That seems to currently happen when there aren't a lot of crowds around.

Again, seek help, lady.

this protest Mike?

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Because some cops can be cunts?

Because some cops can be racists?

Because some cops can be a product of nature and nurture?

Because some cops can be like some non cops?

32 minutes ago, mikewof said:

To your dumbass post, my children are not in significant danger of being murdered by militarized police. That seems to currently happen when there aren't a lot of crowds around ... you know, people who "can't breathe" because some Rambo's knee has compressed their throat?

Again, seek help, lady.

More danger of catching virus....

I will support anyone who takes to the streets in a peaceful protest to show what they stand for. 

Better than sitting at home doing nothing or complaining on some website. 

Mike - good for you to raise children who are socially aware and willing to take action.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bugsy said:

I will support anyone who takes to the streets in a peaceful protest to show what they stand for. 

Mike - good for you to raise children who are socially aware and willing to take action.  

Thanks Bugsy! That means a lot to me. They didn't tell me they were going, they just went. These BLM protests are picking up, they want me to go ... father-daughters-day at the picket lines, uh, I don't know that I have the youthful energy for that anymore. Maybe if I go, they'll get into air pollution research.

10 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Because some cops can be cunts?

Because some cops can be racists?

Because some cops can be a product of nature and nurture?

Because some cops can be like some non cops?

Maybe? Maybe it's "some" cops, but what if that isn't the core problem?

There are some places with really well-organized police departments, where Black people are not killed by police in any proportions greater than their population percentage. But what about those places where Black people are killed by police in percentages far greater than their population percentages would suggest? Could those places have institutionalized racism problems, structural racism problems?

If that's the case, then this core problem of structural racism goes unaddressed.

And that's why your "every life matters" thing that you wrote yesterday is a real problem, because it seeks to ignore the problem that an ethnic minority has far more than the the ethnic majority. You should perhaps reconsider your desire to write things like that ...

all%20lives%20matter%20cartoon.png

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12136140/black-all-lives-matter

11 hours ago, mikewof said:

Protesting is a very honorable thing to do.  Good for the girls. Dad should be proud.

17 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Thanks Bugsy! That means a lot to me. They didn't tell me they were going, they just went. These BLM protests are picking up, they want me to go ... father-daughters-day at the picket lines, uh, I don't know that I have the youthful energy for that anymore. Maybe if I go, they'll get into air pollution research.

I think sniffing a tear gas cannister to see it's polluting effects would show a strong correlation. Further study required, please send $s to support to www.ineedgrantmoney.com

13 hours ago, mikewof said:

Jeebus Mr. Mike, you're starting to sound like me. Don't know if I can handle it. 

As an old timer who has been in more protests than I care to count, let me give your family some advice. 

Please tell your kids to be on a careful lookout for police/Intel agents provocateurs who are often assigned to incite and lead violence. 

They can make a peaceful protest pretty dangerous. 

And please advise them to get Denver BLM to include Ag Prov awareness in their training.   See you on the picket line 

This is what I mean - from Minn.. This guy has to be a cop. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikewof said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2020/05/15/breonna-taylor-shooting-boyfriend-kenneth-walker-faces-charges-what-know/5183805002/

What happened the night of Taylor's shooting?

Walker fired a weapon as officers entered Taylor's apartment.

Police have said his bullet struck Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in the leg, requiring surgery. Mattingly and officers Brett Hankison and Myles Cosgrove returned fire, expending more than 20 rounds.

Eggert hasn't contested that the shooting occurred — an arrest citation for Walker says he gave police a sworn statement that night admitting he shot a firearm and was the only one in the apartment to do so — but he says it was self-defense.

3 hours ago, mikewof said:

Why are people protesting the Bureau of Land Management?

8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Cows.  And those guys out in the NW are pretty serious about it.

2 minutes ago, bridhb said:

6 minutes ago, bridhb said:

That's the ENW, not the WNW.

All I got out of this is that sticking Mikie and Meli in the same thread is like taking two pieces of uranium that are each 75% critical mass and banging them together to see what happens.

• Like 3

:D

Sorry .I will endeavor to restrain myself.  

41 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

This is a nice summary to explain why it matters, particularly in the west.  BLM part starts around minute 5 but it's really worth watching the whole thing.

.....another one of those Wofsey, attention whore, look at me threads. 

Has he got bored with Covid or is this just a minor excursion? 

I am starting to wonder if this "angry summer" is actually an evil plot to distract people from Trumps incompetence.

Three killings of black people all in really odd and provocative circumstances.

1. Man shot by vigilantes while jogging.

2. woman killed in a hail of bullets while sleeping in her own home in what looks like an unjustified raid.

3. Black man killed by police in a highly public place for  simply being there.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory right?

But what better way for Trump to distract the population from CV19, than to focus people on black people rioting and kicking off a "law and order" campaign" with an inflammatory tweet that I won't repeat, when people's tempers and frustration is already running high?

How easy to bribe a few cops and rednecks with promises of presidential pardon?

Trump may not have the imagination to dream up such a scheme, but Miller and Kushner do.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They were PROTESTING the police killings of innocent people, for fuck sake. If you think that isn't an honorable thing for Americans to do,

Colin kapernick is on line 2

3 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeebus Mr. Mike, you're starting to sound like me. Don't know if I can handle it. 

As an old timer who has been in more protests than I care to count, let me give your family some advice. 

Please tell your kids to be on a careful lookout for police/Intel agents provocateurs who are often assigned to incite and lead violence. 

And please advise them to get Denver BLM to include Ag Prov awareness in their training.   See you on the picket line 

The locals are pretty good at smelling bacon.

That video is the best example I have seen of how fucked America is.  This is going to get really really ugly.

At every turn there is some devious cunt stirring shit for their own ends.  Some are just more obvious than others.

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

Maybe? Maybe it's "some" cops, but what if that isn't the core problem?

There are some places with really well-organized police departments, where Black people are not killed by police in any proportions greater than their population percentage. But what about those places where Black people are killed by police in percentages far greater than their population percentages would suggest? Could those places have institutionalized racism problems, structural racism problems?

If that's the case, then this core problem of structural racism goes unaddressed.

And that's why your "every life matters" thing that you wrote yesterday is a real problem, because it seeks to ignore the problem that an ethnic minority has far more than the the ethnic majority. You should perhaps reconsider your desire to write things like that ...

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12136140/black-all-lives-matter

I agree with that. Except the bit where you think every life matters ignores something.

I don't remember Christ saying "treat some as you would like some to treat you"....

10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I agree with that. Except the bit where you think every life matters ignores something.

I don't remember Christ saying "treat some as you would like some to treat you"....

You're not that old!

• Like 1

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikewof said:

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Colin kapernick is on line 2

do us a favour and don't quote Mike in my name hey?

6 hours ago, mikewof said:

Sensible firefighting strategy 

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

But what better way for Trump to distract the population from CV19, than to focus people on black people rioting and kicking off a "law and order" campaign" with an inflammatory tweet that I won't repeat, when people's tempers and frustration is already running high?

Trump may not have the imagination to dream up such a scheme, but Miller and Kushner do.

I love a good conspiracy, but doubt this is one.  Except for the cop in caught smashing windows, how funni is a cop being called for smashing windows by a black women?

I think all this is a natural result of Trumps dog whistling.

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

do us a favour and don't quote Mike in my name hey?

Sorry.  I didn't mean to.  I just highlighted it and responded.  I have him on ignore but have to see his shit when it's quoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Sorry.  I didn't mean to.  I just highlighted it and responded.  I have him on ignore but have to see his shit when it's quoted.

no problem :)

I couldn't find her entire speech but this has small clips of it, she looks like a real leader to me....

• Like 1

Excellence from The Guardian. Minnesota not so nice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/29/the-minnesota-paradox-how-race-divides-prosperous-minneapolis

The Minnesota paradox: how race divides prosperous Minneapolis

It has been called the “Minnesota paradox”. The Twin Cities, comprising the conjoined urban areas of Minneapolis and St Paul, regularly tops the list of places in the US with the best quality of living.

Largely low rise and sprawling, set around the cities’ lakes and the Mississippi, the area is marked by affordable and largely good quality housing with lawns, parks, museums and tree-lined streets.

Its politics too have long reflected a strong progressive strand, represented by figures such as the late senator Paul Wellstone, once described as the most liberal member of the Senate. Employment – pre-pandemic, at least – was high, and St Paul serves as the global headquarters for 3M.

But there is another side to living in Minnesota, often ignored. Factor in the black and ethnic minority experience, and the state is suddenly not such a good place to live.

Despite Minneapolis celebrating itself as the city of Prince and Paisley Park, Minnesota’s black education and employment outcomes by US national standards have long been dismal in comparison with those of the state’s white population.

Rated in 2018 second in terms of overall best states in which to live in the US, in the same year Minnesota ranked close to the bottom for both employment gap by race (47th) and income gap by race (38th). 

According to a report released last year, even before the mass unemployment triggered by the coronavirus took hold, some 10% of black American residents of the Twin Cities were unemployed compared with just under 4% of white American residents. Given the pandemic’s disproportionate impact on communities of color, that already bad situation has now worsened.

The reality of Minneapolis and St Paul is that behind the veneer of “Minnesota nice”, behind the reputation of a socially liberal and highly tolerant metropolitan area (in contrast with the state’s more conservative rural areas), there have long been glaring divisions along racial lines in a place where 20% of the population is African-American.

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I am starting to wonder if this "angry summer" is actually an evil plot to distract people from Trumps incompetence.

2. woman killed in a hail of bullets while sleeping in her own home in what looks like an unjustified raid.

Your ignorance can be corrected, unlike Mad, who is ignorant until they wheel him out of his ancestral home, toes-up.

Since you seem to refuse to read anything on the subject, perhaps you can watch a video.

If our problem was the entirety of what you ignorantly listed in those three points, then we likely wouldn't have BLM demonstrations all over our country, for years on years on years.

Meli seems to suggest that our protests are much ado about nothing. Because she should know, in her luxury home in Melbourne, about the the plight of communities broken by violence. All the BLM protestors can go home now, Meli has discovered that it's all "an evil plot to distract people from Trumps incompetence."

All that's left is for her to steal someone else's words without bothering to include the writer's name here. That seems to be her hobby.

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

Why would you read a thread of someone you're "ignoring"

Are you actually that dense? Rhetorical, you obviously are that dense.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

For a reasonable fee I can get all of them into India.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Excellence from The Guardian. Minnesota not so nice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/29/the-minnesota-paradox-how-race-divides-prosperous-minneapolis

The Minnesota paradox: how race divides prosperous Minneapolis

It has been called the “Minnesota paradox”. The Twin Cities, comprising the conjoined urban areas of Minneapolis and St Paul, regularly tops the list of places in the US with the best quality of living.

Largely low rise and sprawling, set around the cities’ lakes and the Mississippi, the area is marked by affordable and largely good quality housing with lawns, parks, museums and tree-lined streets.

Its politics too have long reflected a strong progressive strand, represented by figures such as the late senator Paul Wellstone, once described as the most liberal member of the Senate. Employment – pre-pandemic, at least – was high, and St Paul serves as the global headquarters for 3M.

But there is another side to living in Minnesota, often ignored. Factor in the black and ethnic minority experience, and the state is suddenly not such a good place to live.

Despite Minneapolis celebrating itself as the city of Prince and Paisley Park, Minnesota’s black education and employment outcomes by US national standards have long been dismal in comparison with those of the state’s white population.

Rated in 2018 second in terms of overall best states in which to live in the US, in the same year Minnesota ranked close to the bottom for both employment gap by race (47th) and income gap by race (38th). 

According to a report released last year, even before the mass unemployment triggered by the coronavirus took hold, some 10% of black American residents of the Twin Cities were unemployed compared with just under 4% of white American residents. Given the pandemic’s disproportionate impact on communities of color, that already bad situation has now worsened.

The reality of Minneapolis and St Paul is that behind the veneer of “Minnesota nice”, behind the reputation of a socially liberal and highly tolerant metropolitan area (in contrast with the state’s more conservative rural areas), there have long been glaring divisions along racial lines in a place where 20% of the population is African-American.

The southern gentleman of the USA often complain that the people of the north are racists too.  They are right.

It does not excuse their treasonous attack upon the union to uphold slavery.

Do the Italians love the French?  Do the English love anyone?  Will the Sunnis and Shiite bowl together?

Fortunately, my ancestors were Dutch.  As we like to say, if you are not Dutch, you are not much.  And we want South Africa back since the fucking wankers gave it away.

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Fortunately, my ancestors were Dutch.  As we like to say, if you are not Dutch, you are not much.

I had a guy come into my office one day, he had a dutch accent.

He was ranting about how someone had upset him and that someone (me) should do something about it.  He did carry on and I just sat there and listened until he had stopped. 

After the first short silence he looked at me and said "I am behaving very Dutch aren't I?"

I nodded and he left.

Just now, astro said:

I had a guy come into my office one day, he had a dutch accent.

He was ranting about how someone had upset him and that someone (me) should do something about it.  He did carry on and I just sat there and listened until he had stopped. 

After the first short silence he looked at me and said "I am behaving very Dutch aren't I?"

I nodded and he left.

Wooden shoes, wooden head...  deal with it.

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Pity you don't actually realise that Trump can only issue pardons for Federal offences not State ones. So murder doesn't qualify for a pardon AFAIK.

FKT

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Pity you don't actually realise that Trump can only issue pardons for Federal offences not State ones. So murder doesn't qualify for a pardon AFAIK.

FKT

There is saving grace.  There is a US Attorney in the Southern District of New York.  The prior US Attorney in the Southern District of New York was fired by little don after little don assured him that he would remain.

It is such a shame that professionals have ethical standards.  So, the man that little don appointed is following the facts.  

The fireworks will warm my heart like nothing I have seen since I was a child.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:02 PM, AJ Oliver said:

Intelligence reports are coming out many of the "protesters" are plants, there to incite violence.  That worked pretty well leading up to the 2016 election.  And Hillary deployed it in Russia in an effort to vote Putin out.  Almost worked and Puty never forgot it.

But to those upset at the real protesters, I'll defer to a quote from LBJ during the Baltimore riots in 1968

President Lyndon Johnson

What did you expect? I don’t know why we’re so surprised. When you put your foot on a man’s neck and hold him down for three hundred years, and then you let him up, what’s he going to do? He’s going to knock your block off.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2020 at 2:24 AM, mikewof said:

Soros.png

The teenagers went to another rally yesterday, no violence, but Denver set up a 9 pm curfew. My son and I are out in the foothills about 10 pm or so, night hiking, my phone starts with the Amber Alert tone every five minutes to tell me about the curfew.

Annoying. But I'm not in Denver County, no curfew for us. By the tenth or so tone alert, I'm curious if maybe it keeps pushing the alert because maybe it's getting feedback from the cell towers that I'm on the move and thus outdoors? I ask a neighbor, only got the one alert, not one every five minutes.

Could the phone alert system be tied into cell site monitoring like that? I realized that that tone might actually be helpful to scare away any mountain lions, but it's a little disconcerting if some kind of automated system checks for movement.

9 minutes ago, mikewof said:

The teenagers went to another rally yesterday, no violence, but Denver set up a 9 pm curfew. My son and I are out in the foothills about 10 pm or so, night hiking, my phone starts with the Amber Alert tone every five minutes to tell me about the curfew.

Annoying. But I'm not in Denver County, no curfew for us. By the tenth or so tone alert, I'm curious if maybe it keeps pushing the alert because maybe it's getting feedback from the cell towers that I'm on the move and thus outdoors? I ask a neighbor, only got the one alert, not one every five minutes.

Could the phone alert system be tied into cell site monitoring like that? I realized that that tone might actually be helpful to scare away any mountain lions, but it's a little disconcerting if some kind of automated system checks for movement.

Yes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikewof said:

How is this alert being received? Text or an app?

1 hour ago, DustyDreamer said:

How is this alert being received? Text or an app?

Same as the Amber Alert system, it seems to bypass the volume control, power button. No app, it seems to be built into all the phones here, everyone gets Amber Alerts at the same moment.

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Yes.

Figures. Damned gubbermint.

On the Anarchy-good side though, the law-abiding COVID face-maskers look like rioters, and the rioters look like law-abiding social distancers.

But with the phone thing, if they can target us electronically for being outside the house during curfew, then what's the point of even trying to hide? 

It seems the story is being rewritten now ... The economic collapse is being blamed on some scattered looting and broken property, rather than two months of COVID lockdown.

3 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Yes.

For a proclaimed smart guy, he’s pretty fucking thick. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:32 AM, Bugsy said:

I was trying to up vote you, and the site down votes.  I’m sorry I will not attempt to vote again here.  Back to plus 1 or something...:angry:

On 5/29/2020 at 12:02 PM, AJ Oliver said:

Although it was fun to set up and report provocateurs to the police.  You do need a preppy looking somebody to do that, though.  Easy to escape when all the inter agency bickering started.  And it does keep you on your toes situationally.  Nothing like watching an FBI agent screaming at a local cop.  Local cops don’t like that.

edit- keep a change of shirt and mask  at the ready, and Wear a mask

1 hour ago, Amati said:

I was trying to up vote you, and the site down votes.  I’m sorry I will not attempt to vote again here.  Back to plus 1 or something...:angry:

You can change your vote...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

You can change your vote...

I’ve tried, and it either disappears or pops back.  That and my screen is reacting to my finger when it’s 3/8’s of a inch away.  Good thing the state is opening up! :o

3 hours ago, Amati said:

I’ve tried, and it either disappears or pops back.  That and my screen is reacting to my finger when it’s 3/8’s of a inch away.  Good thing the state is opening up! :o

Apple product? I hear it's not wise to stand too close.

19 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Apple product? I hear it's not wise to stand too close.

And I’m left handed- you know what Jobs said about that-:lol:

9 hours ago, mikewof said:

Figures. Damned gubbermint.

On the Anarchy-good side though, the law-abiding COVID face-maskers look like rioters, and the rioters look like law-abiding social distancers.

But with the phone thing, if they can target us electronically for being outside the house during curfew, then what's the point of even trying to hide? 

It seems the story is being rewritten now ... The economic collapse is being blamed on some scattered looting and broken property, rather than two months of COVID lockdown.

Covid lockdown? The world wide one?

Where riots aren't a common occurrence? Except in America?

26 minutes ago, Amati said:

And I’m left handed- you know what Jobs said about that-:lol:

Good looking and talented folks tend to be left-handed.  I’m one of them.  :wub:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Good looking and talented folks tend to be left-handed.  I’m one of them.  :wub:

A higher IQ too.

And we're incredibly modest and especially helpful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

A higher IQ too.

And we're incredibly modest and especially helpful.

Absolutely

But I blame the damn Romans for some of our bad press.

The Latin word for left is “sinister.”  For right it is “dexter.”

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Absolutely

But I blame the damn Romans for some of our bad press.

The Latin word for left is “sinister.”  For right it is “dexter.”

Left handed people create reality, right handed people just run it.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Covid lockdown? The world wide one?

Where riots aren't a common occurrence? Except in America?

I can't speak for anywhere else, but Colorado has a deep history of labor riots.

I'm a lefty too, btw. 

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

I'm left-handed in the mirror.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'm left-handed in the mirror.

I’m old, fat and ugly in my mirror.  Guess I better go and get a new one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Just turn it upside down. Worked for me.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Just turn it upside down. Worked for me.

Will try.  Thanks

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Will try.  Thanks

I also draped my dressing gown over it. That helped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I also draped my dressing gown over it. That helped.

Ah ha.  Sounds like the perfect solution

50 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

When I’m hung over and looking in the bathroom mirror, I see my fahthah. :wacko:

• Like 1