Dog

Not generally speaking unruly

Just wondering...were are all the armed right wingers now that cities are again under lockdown?  Masks and social distancing are just too much.  But curfews and police tanks?  Whatever it takes to control the colored people i guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Bullshit militia fantasy alert!

No fantasy, that is the intended design when the country was founded.

14 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Just wondering...were are all the armed right wingers now that cities are again under lockdown?  Masks and social distancing are just too much.  But curfews and police tanks?  Whatever it takes to control the colored people i guess.

Just shows they aren't actually right wing.  lol

2 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Leaning Tower of Pisa - Wikipedia

24 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Civilians are currently part of the checks and balance system of the Republic.  Disarming removes that and changes the whole structure.

Fear of your neighbour and your government are America’s most troubling cultural issues. 

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

What makes them dangerous?  The permit holders are rarely an issue.

If you have to ask what makes any firearm dangerous you shouldn’t be allowed near any.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

This has been pointed out on twitter.  Yesterday the Minn. cops assaulted some people in a quiet neighborhood who were standing on their porch, which is allowed by the curfew.   Fascists are commenting, "the cops told them to go back inside their house. They should have."

But no doubt these police boot lickers are the ones whinging about the staying home to slow the spread of a pandemic. 

33 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

It may well be the case HL. But a small part of me looks at the countries that have apparently obsessive restrictions on repeating long rifles and the civilians actually all seem to be quite happily getting along without mental scars and weirdly... don't exhibit a single symptom of repression.

So, one has to question if the paranoia is based on logic or emotion? 

That's my quandary.

At this point, I would say it's based on speculation.  Which you could call paranoia, though I don't think that would be the correct term.  All governments rise and fall.  Paranoid would be an illusion, whereas a 1984 scenario is a potential reality.  Maybe not to that severity, but we've seen things close to that in the last century, and even today in North Korea.  I don't want to live in Maoist China, or Stalin's Russia.  That system helps protect against that.

You can say citizens don't have a chance against the a modern military.  Mostly true, but the military is made up of people, not robots.  Egypt was overthrown with rocks and Molotov cocktails, I don't know if that would work here.  I have doubts the way things are it would work here.  It would have to get pretty bad, and the population real desperate first.

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

Fear of your neighbour and your government are America’s most troubling cultural issues. 

We are the government.  That's the point.

14 minutes ago, Keith said:

If you have to ask what makes any firearm dangerous you shouldn’t be allowed near any.  

What exactly makes any firearm dangerous?

I thought we were talking about people?

23 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Agreed, and gald to see you say that.

A lot of right-winger scoff at the concept

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Agreed, and gald to see you say that.

A lot of right-winger scoff at the concept

- DSK

Most "right wingers", aren't actually right wing either.  The definitions have been altered lately, but the spectrum of left and right is pretty easy.  It's a one dimensional scale on Y, it's been altered to add an X axis.  That just isn't true.  To the extreme left, totalitarian control.  You don't shit without permission.  To the extreme right, anarchy.  You don't answer to anyone for anything.

There's no freedom at the extremes.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:46 AM, Dog said:
a ha ha

Yup, it was funny he was at a peaceful protest yesterday when the police shot him with a rubber bullet.

because the protesters are the violent ones.

14 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Civilians are currently part of the checks and balance system of the Republic.  Disarming removes that and changes the whole structure.

13 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Those things are not disputed.

The question is, doesn't the first quote become irrelevant because of the second quote?

Why are so many Americans afraid of their government? This is not the sign of a healthy state.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Why are so many Americans afraid of their government? This is not the sign of a healthy state.

Because a multi-billion dollar/year media industry tells them to be afraid. While at the same time telling them how cowardly and wussy those goddam faggot libby-rulls are. And all because FREEDOM!!

America fuck yeah!

- DSK

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Because a multi-billion dollar/year media industry tells them to be afraid. While at the same time telling them how cowardly and wussy those goddam faggot libby-rulls are. And all because FREEDOM!!

America fuck yeah!

- DSK

Well, the state is certainly living up to its worst expectations right now. 

17 hours ago, Keith said:

Maybe 'Burn this Bitch Down' will eclipse the 2A.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

It's really simple, there is no sane logical reason for a civilian to own a semi or full auto rifle. None, Zip, Squat  Nada.

Yes, we know, not even a museum collection of disabled and secured guns.

Maybe the 'kneeling' cops mean it. 

Maybe they are just gutless racists shitting themselves.

10 minutes ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

It's really simple, there is no sane logical reason for a civilian to own a semi or full auto rifle. None, Zip, Squat  Nada.

Tom that is a fucked up disingenuous post not worthy of a first days shill.

You are getting lazy and tired.  How much does the NRA pay you anyway?

Is it worth selling your soul for this shit?  Really?

Is this what your life is about?

20 minutes ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

The state Shaggy comes from had the Agriculture minister telling landholders who are civilians to get Category D firearms to control feral pigs . Controlling large populations of feral pigs with a semi auto is sane and logical which debunks his hoplophobic bullshit.

Byrne responds to call for government to coordinate NQ feral pig cull

State Agriculture Minister Bill Byrne has advised north Queensland landholders concerned about the ability of feral pigs to spread the Panama TR4 virus they have the capacity to acquire category D weapons – pump action shotguns and rifles – to up the ante themselves.

Mr Byrne said Queensland legislation meant there were a number of tools available in terms of trapping and poisoning programs, and firearms, “particularly the capacity for landholders to acquire Category D weapons for the purpose of feral animal removal”.

More here- https://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/story/4870786/banana-growers-urged-to-arm-selves-in-tr4-fight/?cs=4733

PARLIAMENT OF VICTORIA Environment, Natural Resources and Regional Development Committee

Inquiry into the control of invasive animals on Crown land

Page 252

FINDING 55:  Using category C and D firearms can assist in achieving greater efficiency in controlling invasive animals. While professional pest controllers are eligible to apply for category C and D firearms and primary producers may apply for category C firearms for pest control, recreational hunters are not eligible to access these categories.

RECOMMENDATION 16:  That the Victorian Government consult with Victoria Police in relation to recreational hunters having access to category C and D firearms to facilitate greater invasive animal and pest control

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/enrc/Invasive_Animals_on_Crown_land/Final_Report/ENRRDC_58-04_Text_WEB.pdf

We have a government in Qld saying landholders should get Category D for feral pig control and a Parliamentary Inquiry in Vic  which recommends recreational hunters should be allowed to have Category C and D firearms to control feral pests.

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Afraid?  No, have no respect, yes.

Just look at the inability of local governments to protect their cities.

1 minute ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The state Shaggy comes from had the Agriculture minister telling landholders who are civilians to get Category D firearms to control feral pigs . Controlling large populations of feral pigs with a semi auto is insane and debunks my bullshit.

We have a government in Qld saying recreational hunters should go fuck themselves with  Category C and D firearms.

CHILL MOH

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

Just look at the inability of local governments to protect their cities.

Yes, and the inability of Trump to protect America.

EZZSi9rX0AEIn6p?format=jpg&name=small

3 minutes ago, astro said:

You would probably cum in and shit your pants simultaneously if the order to take down the mob were given.

4 minutes ago, astro said:

EZZSi9rX0AEIn6p?format=jpg&name=small

State police is a state government issue it has nothing to do with Trump.

The Democrats are looting and burning down Democrat states the lefties are eating each other.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

You would probably cum in and shit your pants simultaneously if the order to take down the mob were given.

You undoubtedly have had that experience.

Just now, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The Democrats are looting and burning down Democrat states the lefties are eating each other.

Think of all the votes they are garnering :lol:

What? Lefties are surging in popularity, Trump and the GOP are headed for an historic wipeout.  Don’t talk about what’s happening in America because you have no fucking clue.

• Like 1

Will Urban Uprisings Help Trump? Actually, They Could Be His Undoing.

Thought provoking. An historical perspective on Presidents and discord.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/05/will-urban-uprisings-help-trump-actually-they-could-be-his-undoing/

snip

So it was that in 1968, after two more summers of fire and blood, running against none other than Hubert “Mighty Good Revolt” Humphrey, Nixon aimed straight for the amygdala of those frightened white suburbanites. His most famous campaign commercial was a montage of riot scenes over a jittery, shrieking electronic soundtrack, the camera lingering on the naked white torso of a mannequin. Then came Nixon’s voice: “So I pledge to you, we will have order in the United States.”

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:
5 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

What? Lefties are surging in popularity, Trump and the GOP are headed for an historic wipeout.  Don’t talk about what’s happening in America because you have no fucking clue.

I do have relatives and friends in the US I have even lived and worked there.

If we listen to the experts and fake news they said Trump had no chance of being your President how did that work out?

PMSL with this on people claiming he couldn't win- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo

Trump will romp it in again.

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Seriously?  This is probably the biggest get out the vote campaign that Trump could imagine.

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Those things are not disputed.

The question is, doesn't the first quote become irrelevant because of the second quote?

No, because you and I are separate humans, and we're one branch tasked with controlling the other three.

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Seriously?  This is probably the biggest get out the vote campaign that Trump could imagine.

Yeah his 39% are 100% going to show up.  The problem for him lies in the other 61%.  He’s fucking toast.  The senate is fucking toast. 

His admin has literally been the most epic, ongoing, escalating disaster this country has ever seen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Absolutely. The way he's handled this mess should lock up the black and brown vote for him.

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

So, tell us your version of the Pledge of Allegiance.

You say something with liberty for the white, justice for the rich...

I say "Liberty and Justice for All" and I mean it, and believe it.

- DSK

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, tell us your version of the Pledge of Allegiance.

You say something with liberty for the white, justice for the rich...

I say "Liberty and Justice for All" and I mean it, and believe it.

- DSK

That second sentence is more bullshit that came from your head via your asshole.

So do I believe in liberty and justice for all.  I don't even need to put it in quotes because the words have been said before they are a natural part of my vocabulary..  Even small business owners in disadvantaged communities.

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

That second sentence is more bullshit that came from your head via your asshole.

So do I believe in liberty and justice for all.  I don't even need to put it in quotes because the words have been said before they are a natural part of my vocabulary..  Even small business owners in disadvantaged communities.

So act like you believe it

Actions speak louder than words

- DSK

1 hour ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

The state Shaggy comes from had the Agriculture minister telling landholders who are civilians to get Category D firearms to control feral pigs . Controlling large populations of feral pigs with a semi auto is sane and logical which debunks his hoplophobic bullshit.

We have a government in Qld saying landholders should get Category D for feral pig control and a Parliamentary Inquiry in Vic  which recommends recreational hunters should be allowed to have Category C and D firearms to control feral pests.

Too bloody right, they're a pest and that purpose is quite acceptable. Farmers have a valid cause for sure, even though I've been pig shooting more times than I can count and never needed your precious. 

This reminds me I must get my glasses checked, I completely missed the hordes of feral pigs walking the streets the last time I was in the US.

Can I borrow yours MBL? I'll try and get rid of that awful rose color for you.

3 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Too bloody right, they're a pest and that purpose is quite acceptable. Farmers have a valid cause for sure. 

This reminds me I must get my glasses checked, I completely missed the hordes of feral pigs walking the streets the last time I was in the US. 

58 minutes ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
On 5/31/2020 at 10:07 PM, shaggybaxter said:

Rural landowners  and farmers are civilians you did say no valid reason for civilians to have semi auto are you now saying we should make an exception for them?

Professional shooters doing feral pest control are also allowed to have them in Australia last time I checked they fit the definition of civilians.

What about Malcolm Turnbull who owned a primary production farm he has a category c license for semi auto rimfires and shotguns are you ok with him being allowed semi autos despite the fact he lives in Point Piper?

In the US they have the 2A they don't need a reason to own a semi auto nothing you say will change that fact.

Rural landowners  and farmers are civilians you did say no valid reason for civilians to have semi auto are you now saying we should make an exception for them?

Professional shooters doing feral pest control are also allowed to have them in Australia last time I checked they fit the definition of civilians.

What about Malcolm Turnbull who owned a primary production farm he has a category c license for semi auto rimfires and shotguns are you ok with him being allowed semi autos despite the fact he lives in Point Piper?

In the US they have the 2A they don't need a reason to own a semi auto nothing you say will change that fact.

:D Dear MBL, Yep, civilians is a shit description, my bad entirely.

I refer to fuckwits walking the streets in suburbia when I refer to civilians. A farmer confronted by a plague of feral pigs, yep that is a legitimate reason. 

Thanks for pointing it out. 

On 5/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, shaggybaxter said:

Navel gazing feeling a bit too uncomfortable?  The FBI and Secret Service disagree with you btw. And I tend to believe them over you. 

You go from intelligent to dumb whenever it revolves around guns Jeff, its such a waste. 

No, the FBI does not disagree with me.  https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Snip20200601_26.png

It looks like fists, knives and hammers each account for more murders than rifles do.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:57 AM, Ease the sheet. said:

How the fuck do you stop people using fists?

Saudi has figured it out...... Just saying.

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

They did until the price of oil got low enough.  Not so rosy these days.

19 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Ahhh, your love of freedoms shows again. Funny how transactional you are.

But then little lickspittle bitches in service of the state never think they’ll be at the receiving end of state violence.

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Authoritarian police violence is like viagra for you sick old fucks, I agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

For Dems, yes. Turnip hiding in the basement is not such a good look for a guy "with balls".

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:
10 hours ago, Saorsa said:

For Dems, yes. Turnip hiding in the basement is not such a good look for a guy "with balls".

You so silly

When did actual facts matter to Trump fans? They will continue to think of him as a heroic tough-guy, defeater of Obama, facer-downer of Kim Jon Un's nukes, with an eagle over his head and probably a machine gun in his tiny hands. Sort of a combination thrash-metal band front man and supersized KKK Grand Wizard in a rumpled cheap suit instead of a bed sheet.

- DSK

10 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

No, because you and I are separate humans, and we're one branch tasked with controlling the other three.

And as separate humans, how are we supposed to do that?

3 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And as separate humans, how are we supposed to do that?

At keeping the other branches in check?  Vote.  Speak the fuck up.  When was the last time any of us wrote our representatives?  You don't have to go full on Marvin Heemeyer, though sometimes that's what it takes.

Welcome to why democracies always fail, and our republic will eventually fail.  You and I can't agree whether or not somebody should own a tool, what happens when something of moderate importance pops up?  When your representatives no longer fear being put on a pike, they'll do whatever the fuck they want to you.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Vote.  Speak the fuck up.

Hear Hear

56 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

At keeping the other branches in check?  Vote.  Speak the fuck up.  When was the last time any of us wrote our representatives?  You don't have to go full on Marvin Heemeyer, though sometimes that's what it takes.

Welcome to why democracies always fail, and our republic will eventually fail.  You and I can't agree whether or not somebody should own a tool, what happens when something of moderate importance pops up?  When your representatives no longer fear being put on a pike, they'll do whatever the fuck they want to you.

What “tool” would that be?
LOL

Just now, Fakenews said:

What “tool” would that be?
LOL

Ease the sheet and I were discussing firearms and the roll they serve in allowing citizenry to have any significant force in being the 4th branch of the government.

que weak argument about not being able to go up against the USA government in 5..... 4..... 3......

7 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Ease the sheet and I were discussing firearms and the roll they serve in allowing citizenry to have any significant force in being the 4th branch of the government.

que weak argument about not being able to go up against the USA government in 5..... 4..... 3......

A gun is not a tool.  That’s why I LOL’d.  Not going to engage in debating your militia fantasies. Grab your precious and stroke one out if it makes you happy.

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

A gun is not a tool.  That’s why I LOL’d.  Not going to engage in debating your militia fantasies. Grab your precious and stroke one out if it makes you happy.

Not going, because you are not capable.

Have a good evening sweetheart

3 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Not going, because you are not capable.

Have a good evening sweetheart

LOL again

1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

I suspect our disagreement is based more on real world application of a idealistic principal, than the principal itself.....

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Vote.  Speak the fuck up.

Hear Hear

See? Sometimes even a cave man gets it right.

- DSK

Have you formed up your 4th branch of the government and headed out to hammer nails with your tool?

Enquiring minds want to know.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:53 PM, Sean said:

Plausible scenario is that the glass breakers and fire starters are, in fact, agents provocateur.
I learned a new term today - accelerationists.

Interesting read - https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/far-right-infiltrators-and-agitators-in-george-floyd-protests-indicators-of-white-supremacists/

Excerpt -
Right-wing extremists and accelerationists 

The demographics of a largely white, young, and destructive group fit more with a movement known as accelerationists than Black Lives Matter.

The accelerationists, if you have never heard the term, are an extreme subset of white nationalism whose goal is to bring about chaos and destruction. The basic tenet of accelerationism argues that since Western governments are inherently corrupt, the best (and only) thing supremacists can do is to accelerate the end of society by sowing chaos and aggravating political tensions. “Accelerationist ideas have been cited in mass shooters’ manifestos — explicitly, in the case of the New Zealand killer — and are frequently referenced in white supremacist web forums and chat rooms,” Zack Beauchamp explained.

White Supremacists pretending to host a protest to honor Floyd George on Facebook to whip up violence in San Diego were posted on the BLMSD social media warning people not to go and that it was a white supremacist organized rally. People attending demonstrations remarked on the fact that the demographics were wrong, in places like Oakland where the majority of the destruction was perpetrated by young Caucasian men has inspired not just people on social media but reporting in the mainstream media to properly question whether this is a form of infiltration by outside extremist elements

Accelerationist isn't only a white nationalist thing  -  it's also a leftie thing.  Bernie bros who've given up on electoral politicis entirely, voting for Trump so as to accelerate the inevitable crisis of capitalism that will lead to the People's Revolution... for example.  

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's originally a left-wing extremist concept, that the right-wing extremists appropriated.  Wiki seems to agree:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

On 5/31/2020 at 8:53 AM, Hatin' life said:

I think you might need to learn some History.  The actual uses the militia was put to, was actually to help prop up the government  -  Shay's Rebellion, Whiskey Rebellion, slave patrols, and so on. 

On 5/31/2020 at 9:42 AM, Hatin' life said:

Most "right wingers", aren't actually right wing either.  The definitions have been altered lately, but the spectrum of left and right is pretty easy.  It's a one dimensional scale on Y, it's been altered to add an X axis.  That just isn't true.  To the extreme left, totalitarian control.  You don't shit without permission.  To the extreme right, anarchy.  You don't answer to anyone for anything.

Um, no.  Historically, right-wing meant Monarchist and left-wing meant Socialist.  It was about whether you were Traditionalist vs Radical, whether you believe in Hierarchies, or Egalitarianism. 

Right-wingers can be totalitarian (fascists, monarchists) or anti-authoritarian (libertarians)

Left-wingers can be totalitarian (communists) or anti-authoritarian (anarchists).

5 hours ago, Keith said:

Have you formed up your 4th branch of the government and headed out to hammer nails with your tool?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I've shot plenty of dinner.

You probably could hammer in nails, but a hammer would be a better choice.  

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Um, no.  Historically, right-wing meant Monarchist and left-wing meant Socialist.  It was about whether you were Traditionalist vs Radical, whether you believe in Hierarchies, or Egalitarianism. 

Right-wingers can be totalitarian (fascists, monarchists) or anti-authoritarian (libertarians)

Left-wingers can be totalitarian (communists) or anti-authoritarian (anarchists).

I disagree.  You're adding that second axis again and mixing terms.  It's level of control.  There's no such thing as a right wing totalitarian government.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

See? Sometimes even a cave man gets it right.

- DSK

99% of PA posts are people thinking they have the capability to insult.  

22 hours ago, Saorsa said:

273r6m.jpg

ul4b6tb5x9251.jpg

34 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

I disagree.  You're adding that second axis again and mixing terms.  It's level of control.  There's no such thing as a right wing totalitarian government.

No such thing as a right wing totalitarian government?????

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

No such thing as a right wing totalitarian government?????

No.

How do you have totalitarian control, with no control if it is right wing?

Extreme right, anarchy

Extreme left, totalitarian

11 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

No.

How do you have totalitarian control, with no control if it is right wing?

Extreme right, anarchy

Extreme left, totalitarian

So Germany, Italy, Spain had left wing totalitarian governments?

25 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Correct.  Left and right are levels of control.  Other ideologies (that's not the right word) such as fascism aren't on that scale.  You can have a fascist government, but almost all are to some degree as they put themselves first.  I can't think of a country that isn't to some level of fascist using the Webster's definition.  Some get carried away with nationalism or putting certain people first though.  Those countries are typically a totalitarian dictator it seems.

Nah, only about 92%

But keep trying, you're getting better!

- DSK

On 5/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, Fakenews said:

Fuck the police.

And even with that attitude, you'd be the 1st sorry coward crying because they didn't arrest someone who busted your car window in the "protests". 

4 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Sure thing sweetheart

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

And even with that attitude, you'd be the 1st sorry coward crying because they didn't arrest someone who busted your car window in the "protests". 

Dog with a poodle cut is too kind.

7 hours ago, Hatin' life said:
8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Correct.  Left and right are levels of control.  Other ideologies (that's not the right word) such as fascism aren't on that scale.  You can have a fascist government, but almost all are to some degree as they put themselves first.  I can't think of a country that isn't to some level of fascist using the Webster's definition.  Some get carried away with nationalism or putting certain people first though.  Those countries are typically a totalitarian dictator it seems.

Left and right are not levels of control. You are just making shit up now.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:55 AM, Hatin' life said:

Words don't mean whatever you want them to mean.  They have origins.  They have generally accepted meanings, which reflect those origins. 

The terms "left wing" and "right wing", as applied to politics, come from the French Revolution.  It started off just as a description, literally where people sat. The revolutionaries sat together to the left of the Parliamentary President's chair; the monarchists sat together to his right. 

You could argue that the difference should be change vs tradition, or hierarchy vs egalitarianism; either one works. 

But when you pretend it's level of control, it's you who's adding an extra axis, and mixing terms. 

By the way: the very first group that the Nazis killed off, were the Socialists within their own Party (Night of the Long Knives). 

We fought them, in alliance with Communists... 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, Hatin' life said:

"Control" is not a left or right thing. It's a "control" thing.......

It's totally separate to politics.

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

"Control" is not a left or right thing. It's a "control" thing.......

It's totally separate to politics.

It's totally the essence of politics.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Ishmael said:

Incorrect.

4 hours ago, frenchie said:

Words don't mean whatever you want them to mean.  They have origins.  They have generally accepted meanings, which reflect those origins. 

The terms "left wing" and "right wing", as applied to politics, come from the French Revolution.  It started off just as a description, literally where people sat. The revolutionaries sat together to the left of the Parliamentary President's chair; the monarchists sat together to his right. 

You could argue that the difference should be change vs tradition, or hierarchy vs egalitarianism; either one works. 

But when you pretend it's level of control, it's you who's adding an extra axis, and mixing terms. 

By the way: the very first group that the Nazis killed off, were the Socialists within their own Party (Night of the Long Knives). 

We fought them, in alliance with Communists... 

We're not talking the French Revolution, we are talking the United States government.

I'm not adding another axis, it's a line.  Sheesh.

Defeating the Germans along side the Russians was a means to an end and bout really coordinated.  Two separate fronts.  Had Germany maintained it's treaty and not attacked Russia, Russia might not have gotten involved.  If you think that supports communism, you are deluded.  Stalin and Khrushchev killed even more of their undesirables than Hitler.  Upwards of 60,000,000 of their own people on the higher end of estimates.

I'm waiting for the Gulag Archipelago to show up, I've been wanting to read that for a couple of years.

28 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:
On 6/2/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ishmael said:

Incorrect.

"Impenetrability, that's what -I- say!"

HL are you paying your words extra, for making them do all that hard work?

- DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

"Impenetrability, that's what -I- say!"

HL are you paying your words extra, for making them do all that hard work?

- DSK

Did I use too many syllables again?  Dang it, I should've just gone with "no".

Did I use too many syllables again?  Dang it, I should've just gone with "no".

The intelligent thing to do when one makes a mistake, is to acknowledge it and avoid similar mistakes in the future.

When you're locked into "I am always correct no matter how shitty the outcome" then you are doomed

- DSK

3 hours ago, Hatin' life said:
On 6/2/2020 at 12:07 PM, Ishmael said:

Incorrect.

Well, feel free to have your own language, but don't expect anyone else to understand it.

6 hours ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

It's totally the essence of politics.

Only if you are morally bankrupt