nacradriver

On This Season of Riots

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

And here we go...It's all about shared blame and deflection and false equivalency.  

What was the original "crime" that resulted in George Floyd's murder?  Was it attempting to use a bad $20 bill in a convenience store?  That unproven, uncharged allegation rests on the scales of justice and judgement as the equivalent of a murder?   

The previous widely publicized "criminal" who was killed by police claiming, quite rightly, that "I can't breathe" has thrown down and strangled for selling single cigarettes. 

And Rodney King, high on PCP (???) sits on the scales of justice and judgement as the equivalent of a severe beating with nightsticks?  You really bring that shit up?

1960's South African apartheid called.  They think you'd be happier there.

Add the Watts Riots to the list.  I’m not saying its right, I’m saying that it’s a pattern.  It’s a pattern that needs to be broken.  It needs to be broken on BOTH sides. LAPD has cleaned up a lot.  Yes, there are some bad apples.  There are in any organization.  I would like Law Enforcement to be more transparent, to make records and body cam footage released when necessary.  But I also don't like it when they get injured or killed doing their job.  Watch Cops or LivePD, and you’ll see that there are a lot of creeps out there.  Black, white, purple, orange, creeps of all types.  I have my gripes with the LAPD, I’ve had to call them numerous times to clear trespassers from my property.  Many times, they have been slow or failed to respond.  But for the most part, the officers have been professional and courteous.  

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

My reasonable suggestion?  Disarm 25%+ of the police.  No one gets a gun until they pass a looong probationary period and then only if there’s a demonstrable need to carry.

Yep. And if you kill anyone for any reason in the course of your duties, you immediately lose your right to carry a firearm and are transferred to administrative duties, for the entire term of your employment.

It's a health & safety thing. Killing someone is highly traumatic and your employer needs to look after your mental health.

You say it's not traumatic? Then you don't belong in an organisation that's there to *protect* and *serve*.

FKT

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

My reasonable suggestion?  Disarm 25%+ of the police.  No one gets a gun until they pass a looong probationary period and then only if there’s a demonstrable need to carry.

How many firearms were used in the latest killing?

I'd joke about taking a knee but it would be in bad taste.

• Downvote 1

POLITICS 

05/30/2020 06:57 pm ET

Trump Justice Department Killed Police Reform Programs That Could Have Helped Minneapolis

Instead of helping cities change police practices, the Justice Department is threatening to turn federal resources on protesters.

56 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

POLITICS 

05/30/2020 06:57 pm ET

Trump Justice Department Killed Police Reform Programs That Could Have Helped Minneapolis

Instead of helping cities change police practices, the Justice Department is threatening to turn federal resources on protesters.

When you cut and paste, could you please provide the cite?  Or site, whatever.

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

When you cut and paste, could you please provide the cite?  Or site, whatever.

sorry but think was CNBC,

clip from a youtuber about fox and friends, view of the incident, 

10 hours ago, hasher said:

The building I live in was hit by the rioters last night.  The ground floor has restaurants, beauty salon, barber etc.  They were all damaged.  I'm across from the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.  We have lots of security, lots of cameras.  

I totally agree with the protests.  I was happy to see many white folks march in solidarity.

Although I understand the riots, I don't condone it.  It is hard to condemn it because self-defense is legitimate.

The white folks were defending themselves from the restaurants and beauty salons?

1 minute ago, Rok Dog said:

The white folks were defending themselves from the restaurants and beauty salons?

Ever stand by a friend who's being bullied? No? I didn't think so. Fuck off pigeon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I dunno, maybe you're not there yet. This disease didn't just spring up in the last 4 years. Voting Trump out won't fix this entrenched inequality, it will take a generation of hard work at least.

Oz isn’t there yet.

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

sorry but think was CNBC,

clip from a youtuber about fox and friends, view of the incident, 

I don't know of anyone who is applauding the police for their actions.

I have no idea why the Minneapolis prosecutors did not demand an arrest immediately.

Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like when doves cry

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I dunno, maybe you're not there yet. This disease didn't just spring up in the last 4 years. Voting Trump out won't fix this entrenched inequality, it will take a generation of hard work at least.

Voting him in didn't start it.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

There's something in this.

When you have a gun, you don't need to be polite.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

It exacerbated it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

But riots are still stupid even tho' it's the last recourse to the downtrodden, disenfranchised, those who are the targets of those who would do harm.

I haven't seen any riots. I've seen active resistance and political violence, but no riots. 

9 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

I haven't seen any riots. I've seen active resistance and political violence, but no riots. 

Ive been watching the crowds turn to rioters,  as soon and the night fall comes.... looting, burning buildings, burning cars..

Looks like and smells like riots to me.

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

The professionally managed so-called “protesters” at the White House had little to do with the memory of George Floyd. They were just there to cause trouble. The @SecretService handled them easily. Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???

The White House is the most legitimate target.   Let General Trump tweet commands to his racist supporters eager for civil war against the pro life hoards.    Afterwords the President’s personal platoon of secret service agents will round up the survivors for enhanced interrogation.    

I coexist with sometimes racist gun loving Trump Republicans.   My county is full of them.   Indiana has even more.  They would be returning lead if the police started peppering them with rubber bullets when they were on their own property.   The pacification patrol chasing people off their own porch should not be tolerated.   I know Trump’s own supporters would fight if their own families were being treated that way.    Why is it so easy to look on when it’s other people?

• Like 1

Think he was upset about the death of a black man?  Or wanted more black men dead?

Hopefully we find out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Keith said:
49 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Ive been watching the crowds turn to rioters,  as soon and the night fall comes.... looting, burning buildings, burning cars..

What's the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob"?

I would tend to call large numbers of angry, agitated, potentially or violent people "mobs" and shouting & fist-waving can turn violent in a flash. This is why I was concerned about Warbird's son, being "big and tough" means nothing to a bloodthirsty mob.

I have a low threshold for "riot" and think that breaking windows is a riot even if nobody is seriously injured.

- DSK

43 minutes ago, Keith said:

If it was white folks after the win or loss of a sports game, you might be right.  But currently there is no rioting going on at all. What you are seeing is active resistance and rebellion.

Context is king. 

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What's the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob"?

I would tend to call large numbers of angry, agitated, potentially or violent people "mobs" and shouting & fist-waving can turn violent in a flash. This is why I was concerned about Warbird's son, being "big and tough" means nothing to a bloodthirsty mob.

I have a low threshold for "riot" and think that breaking windows is a riot even if nobody is seriously injured.

- DSK

Context is king.  How about this---  in occupied Netherlands a store owner is a Nazi informant and his hot Dutch daughter fucks Nazis.  One night a "mob" burns down his store.

Is it a mob or resistance?  Is it a riot or rebellion? 

John Sangmeister’s restaurant in Long Beach just had the windows smashed out.  John runs Gladstone’s, the headquarter for Transpac.  John lost his Boat, OEX, in last years race.  John has worked tirelessly to improve the community. It’s so sad to see this happen to a totally innocent person.  Hopefully, it is just glass.  

Please keep John in your thoughts. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

If it was white folks after the win or loss of a sports game, you might be right.  But currently there is no rioting going on at all. What you are seeing is active resistance and rebellion.

Context is king. 

Fortunately, in the day time its basically all  types of people marching, peacefully.

Unfortunately once the sun goes down,  again it returns to mob rule and violence with looting with fires and destruction, that's a riot.

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Context is king.  How about this---  in occupied Netherlands a store owner is a Nazi informant and his hot Dutch daughter fucks Nazis.  One night a "mob" burns down his store.

Agree. Context is everything

Did the people breaking windows and the ones burning the stores know who they were attacking? You raise an interesting point, if I were a young black man who'd been falsely accused of shoplifting, say for example, this would be the perfect time to get even.

Pretty sure I'd do the same, in their shoes.

OTOH I get the impression that a lot... like, almost all... of the violence and destruction was just random.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

Fortunately, in the day time its basically all  types of people marching, peacefully.

Unfortunately once the sun goes down,  again it returns to mob rule and violence with looting with fires and destruction, that's a riot.

Active resistance.  Not a riot. 

ri·ot
/ˈrīət/

noun
noun: riot; plural noun: riots
  1. 1.
    a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd.
    "riots broke out in the capital"

3 minutes ago, Keith said:
ri·ot
/ˈrīət/

noun
noun: riot; plural noun: riots
  1. 1.
    a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd.
    "riots broke out in the capital"

Political violence is not a riot.  Try this:

Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which small groups of combatants, such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility, to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military. Guerrilla groups are a type of violent non-state actor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

10 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Why do they need federal oversight?  Can't Schaaf or Newsom do their job?

You're a dick

366AE8BC-4362-446C-8AAD-095DB3424920.jpeg

• Like 1

Good try, but that's not whats happening in your country. Its not political. 

You have a part of your American population, that's been frustrated within your country since well before MLK. 

They have been trying to drag the rest of the USA population into the most recent century, but nothing has worked over the last 100 or so years.

They have mostly been marching peacefully, as they have many many times, over the years. 

At night the other groups, "opportunists" come out and hijack their movement, and riot, loot, burn, and cause chaos.

Good luck, America should have worked this out a long time ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You're a dick

No.  Close but he is a cunt.

It's important to get these things right.

30 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

These are actual locations where riots have happened/are still happening, according to the NYT (05.31.2020), or as some would white-wash them as "protests, political violence, rebellion," etc. Yeah, Clove Hitch, talking to you. 

“Photos From the George Floyd Protests, City by City,” New York Times, 05.31.2020 2123PDT.jpg

Not a single riot on that map.  Political violence, sure, but not a single riot.  You do realize this country was founded on political violence and rebellion against tyranny, don't you?  What made you choose the side of the oppressors? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Not a single riot on that map.  Political violence, sure, but not a single riot.  You do realize this country was founded on political violence and rebellion against tyranny, don't you?  What made you choose the side of the oppressors? 

There have been, however, several (or more) occasions of opportunistic vandalism and looting.  Which can be characterized as "riots" by agenda driven posters.

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

hasn't helped any .

“We can have no society worth celebrating unless we can guarantee freedom from fear for every person who gives this country their love, labor and life,” Cook said. 

Cook also acknowledged that racial injustice exists in the U.S., including in “our criminal justice system” and “in the disproportionate toll of disease on Black and Brown communities,” as well as from economic inequality and disparities in educational opportunities.  

this is from Cook (Apple) memo to his employees

Sounds like he would be choice for 2020, 

and I'm not an cook/apple fan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

So what you're saying is that burning the cars, breaking windows and looting the stores of other citizens is justified?

41 minutes ago, Dog said:

So what you're saying is that burning the cars, breaking windows and looting the stores of other citizens is justified?

Was throwing tea? 

have you noticed that other countries have guaranteed incomes through the crisis? They have healthcare for everyone? Their minorities aren’t killed at massively high rates compared to the majority?

i know you’d rather look to China, Brazil and Russia, but I’ll still look to the west.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Was throwing tea? 

have you noticed that other countries have guaranteed incomes through the crisis? They have healthcare for everyone? Their minorities aren’t killed at massively high rates compared to the majority?

i know you’d rather look to China, Brazil and Russia, but I’ll still look to the west.

Is that a yes... burning the cars, breaking windows and looting the stores of other citizens is justified?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Is that a yes... burning the cars, breaking windows and looting the stores of other citizens is justified?

Imagine!

like throwing tea was criticized by the powers that be, but celebrated now, todays unrest may be celebrated by a new America rising up to face its problems of inequality.

probably not, but a man can hope for a better country for his kids than the FuckYouIGotMine generation left them.

My daughter and I are joining a march on June 3rd. Maybe you should go out and meet some protesters? Or are you scared like trump and hiding?

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

My daughter and I are joining a march on June 3rd. Maybe you should go out and meet some protesters? Or are you scared like trump and hiding?

Good for you. I support you in that.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Many Trump 'tards and right-wing infiltrators are doing what you describe. It's unfortunate. 

5 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Many Trump 'tards and right-wing infiltrators are doing what you describe. It's unfortunate. 

Oh...It's the right wingers who are burning our Democratic cities.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

In full out asshole mode today, eh?  Good for you.

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes.  It seems a small price to pay when you get to kill and abuse the black population with no end in sight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:
1 hour ago, Dog said:

He's pissed off because, after years of increasingly blatant lying to not-support Trump, he's caught trying to accuse me of lying about the Mueller report, which he hasn't even read.

Correcting your mistakes is not the Trumpalo method. Trump and his supporters and his non-supporters always double down on stupid.

Triple down on stupid lies. And then get angry!

See how well it's working out for them? I'm just really sad they are dragging the rest of the country with them.

- DSK

32 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

What?  Does she need back-to-school clothes?

58 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Not sure this would survive scrutiny without qualification.  I think you are referring to European country and Aussie/NZ. Not sure income is guaranteed in all these countries, and I would be very interested to see the disparity of minority vs majority demographic killed by police in these countries.

13 minutes ago, hasher said:

Yes.  It seems a small price to pay when you get to kill and abuse the black population with no end in sight.

Really...a small price to pay, just who do you think is going to pay the price? You think the rioting, burning and looting of other citizens property as an appropriate and justified response to the murder? You understand that it's their own communities that are being destroyed. That some businesses will relocate, others will fold. That the lives of the people in these communities will get worse, that they pay the price.

11 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Wow....  Just effing wow...  

14 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
14 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Yep. And if you kill anyone for any reason in the course of your duties, you immediately lose your right to carry a firearm and are transferred to administrative duties, for the entire term of your employment.

It's a health & safety thing. Killing someone is highly traumatic and your employer needs to look after your mental health.

You say it's not traumatic? Then you don't belong in an organisation that's there to *protect* and *serve*.

Agree.

I would also like to see police in pairs, any time they believe there is a threat. A single officer almost always tries to stop any action until he gets backup anyway. It's difficult to de-escalate a situation when your first response is to pull a gun and start shouting at everyone to freeze with hands up or you'll fucking kill them.

- DSK

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

Really...a small price to pay, just who do you think is going to pay the price? You think the rioting, burning and looting of other citizens property as an appropriate and justified response to the murder? You understand that it's their own communities that are being destroyed. That some businesses will relocate, others will fold. That the lives of the people in these communities will get worse, that they pay the price.

And when you spend decades pursuing the peaceful route and the problems with the establishment still haven't been fixed?

I wish I was arrogant enough to wave my finger at them and proclaim 'naughty naughty' like you do.  But then again, perhaps I'm just nearer to the problem and I see the lack of movement over the past 30 years.

And when you spend decades pursuing the peaceful route and the problems with the establishment still haven't been fixed?

Maybe you're voting for the wrong people.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Sigh.  Right back to being a passive agressive asshole.  You really can't help yourself can you?

Who would you like people to vote for to repair the problems with race and minorities in this country?  More republicans like Trump?

51 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Agree.

I would also like to see police in pairs, any time they believe there is a threat. A single officer almost always tries to stop any action until he gets backup anyway. It's difficult to de-escalate a situation when your first response is to pull a gun and start shouting at everyone to freeze with hands up or you'll fucking kill them.

- DSK

Yup.  Yesterday in Seattle there was unbelievably a cop kneeling on a protestor neck on video.  His partner shoved him off and said “get off his fucking neck”

55 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Agree.

- DSK

yes, but in this recent case there were 4 cops....

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

So who should we vote for? Lying bankrupts with orange spray-tan? White supremacists and plutocrats who don't even pretend to care about citizens?

- DSK

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

You consider it being an asshole when I reject the notion that rioting and looting is justified. You'll have to excuse me for not caring what you think.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

You consider it being an asshole when I reject the notion that rioting and looting is justified. You'll have to excuse me for not caring what you think.

No.  You're bullshitting again dog.  Can you manage not doing it for even one second?

You gave a glib response to vote for someone else.  But that's a bullshit response, provided by a bullshitter, intentionally to troll.

You'll have to excuse me for calling a spade a spade.  Every time I take you off ignore for even a day, you prove why you belong on everyone's ignore list.  So back on you go.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

...have you noticed that other countries have guaranteed incomes through the crisis? They have healthcare for everyone? Their minorities aren’t killed at massively high rates compared to the majority?

Yeah, but do the stock markets in those countries go up when minorities go down? The 1%  has avoided the mayhem. S&P wealth up $300 Billion on the news!

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

And just who are those assholes exactly?

Scroll up.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

The assholes are the ones rationalizing what has been done to this poor woman......

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/minneapolis-twin-cities-community-reaction-riots/5745543/

The assholes are the ones who throw out glib responses, not being able to recognize just how people have been marginalized.  Perhaps she voted for the wrong president.  You'd have to tell us what the 'right' votes are, and you haven't done that yet.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Scroll up.

I see your name when I scroll up.  Asshole.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lark said:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

The professionally managed so-called “protesters” at the White House had little to do with the memory of George Floyd. They were just there to cause trouble. The @SecretService handled them easily. Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???

The White House is the most legitimate target.   Let General Trump tweet commands to his racist supporters eager for civil war against the pro life hoards.    Afterwords the President’s personal platoon of secret service agents will round up the survivors for enhanced interrogation.    

I coexist with sometimes racist gun loving Trump Republicans.   My county is full of them.   Indiana has even more.  They would be returning lead if the police started peppering them with rubber bullets when they were on their own property.   The pacification patrol chasing people off their own porch should not be tolerated.   I know Trump’s own supporters would fight if their own families were being treated that way.    Why is it so easy to look on when it’s other people?

It's truly sickening that this man is our president.  With all the issues going on, he throws out an open invitation to his own supporters to come out at the same time, sure to fan the flames and create confrontations and more violence.  Maybe this is the 'right' vote dog was talking about.

It's truly sickening that this man is our president.  With all the issues going on, he throws out an open invitation to his own supporters to come out at the same time, sure to fan the flames and create confrontations and more violence.  Maybe this is the 'right' vote dog was talking about.

As if his supporters aren't out there already. The AFL-CIO office in DC was hit last night. Bullshitters just can't help but expose themselves. 

If Dog can produce a stub from one check that anyone has received for being a paid protester from George Soros I will match the amount to any charity he deems appropriate.

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

If Dog can produce a stub from one check that anyone has received for being a paid protester from George Soros I will match the amount to any charity he deems appropriate.

kawqd60q_i2f9wu_tx2fuj.png

4 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

WTF?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Of course you reject the notion. You revel in racist policing because minorities need disciplining and want to enshrine monuments celebrating white race terrorists in perpetuity. 

and you cherry pick bullshit from your riot porn stream of white grievance to show you pretend to car, in between whining about liberals, because you ar3 a keyboard warrior for trump.

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

kawqd60q_i2f9wu_tx2fuj.png

I don't see that in his feed now. He pews such nonsense that it is hard to tell if that was intended as satire, or it was real and someone made him delete it. 

1 minute ago, LenP said:

I don't see that in his feed now. He pews such nonsense that it is hard to tell if that was intended as satire, or it was real and someone made him delete it. 

https://faketrumptweet.com/

The link came out in last month's Antifa newsletter, along with the special deal on life insurance for members, thank you LIBERTY MUTUAL! 

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Of course you reject the notion. You revel in racist policing because minorities need disciplining and want to enshrine monuments celebrating white race terrorists in perpetuity.

I revel in policing that protects minorities from the destruction of their communities. Unfortunately they don't seem to get it in modern Democratic run cities.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I revel in policing that protects minorities from the destruction of their communities. Unfortunately they don't seem to get it in modern Democratic run cities.

Gotta kill the minorities to save them.

good to see you only support the rights of rich white Republicans. Just like I said.

22 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Gotta kill the minorities to save them.

good to see you only support the rights of rich white Republicans. Just like I said.

If you really cared about blacks you would condemn the people destroying their communities. You would condemn the abject failure of leadership even though they are Democrats.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

If you really cared about blacks you would condemn the people destroying their communities. You would condemn the abject failure of leadership even though they are Democrats.

You mean the white police killing black people?

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You mean the white police killing black people?

Condemnation of them is universal. Condemnation of the rioters and looters and of the failed city administration...not so much.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Condemnation of them is universal. Condemnation of the rioters and looters and of the failed city administration...not so much.

I know far more about Minneapolis than you ever will @Dog

so keep fighting your culture war, you angry old bigot, isolate yourself further, crawl into your rightwing hole.

• Like 1

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I know far more about Minneapolis than you ever will @Dog

That may be true, it's definitely irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

There are good people on both sides.