nacradriver

On This Season of Riots

48 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't understand why people still interact with Doggo. 

He is one of the premier trolls on SA and every time somebody rises to his bait, he jerks himself off to another orgasm.  

The man is just another worthless piece of Right wing shit, something you scrape off of the bottom of your shoe before you go into your house.

You're right, I have several on ignore but he's a piece of shit.  Sorry to quote him.

58 minutes ago, LenP said:

Do you have a link for that? From what I can see, on average there are 85 total police who are killed in the line of duty in a given year regardless of the race of the killer. Lat year, there were 235 African Americans killed by the police. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/

There is a qualifier I missed, it's unarmed black men.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

1 hour ago, LenP said:
1 hour ago, Dog said:

A cop is 18.5 times more likley to be killed by a black man than a black man is likley to be killed by a cop.

Do you have a link for that? From what I can see, on average there are 85 total police who are killed in the line of duty in a given year regardless of the race of the killer. Lat year, there were 235 African Americans killed by the police. 

It's another right-wing piece of bullshit.

Exactly the kind of lie that Dog loves to repeat

- DSK

17 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

My sources haven't duped me the way your sources have duped you.

Drip drip drip.

41 minutes ago, Dog said:

There is a qualifier I missed, it's unarmed black men.

On tuesdays...

1 hour ago, LenP said:

Out of the 1004 total...  there were more whites by at least 50%, and if you add up the Hispanics, other, and unknown that figure eclipses the African American..

Here are the number for the past couple of years... 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

1 minute ago, nacradriver said:

Out of the 1004 total...  there were more whites by at least 50%, and if you add up the Hispanics, other, and unknown that figure eclipses the African American..

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Statists isn’t a source, dipshit.

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It is if you pay $468 per year and you can open up the Sources tab

26 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

And can you break that down based on % of population?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Drip drip drip.

Sez the guy who is a FOX fan. 

Only law enforcement should have guns.
Law enforcement is systemically racist.
Pick one.

9 hours ago, Dog said:

I saw them clear peaceful protesters with tear gas for a photo op. It was disgraceful . That's a good topic too.

Disgraceful?

But not condemnable?

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If you looked at the previous link fucknuts, you would see it mirrors the information. 

BTW who the fuck died and made you the citation police?

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

And can you break that down based on % of population?

Why is that important to you? 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Drip drip drip.

Like the "virus hoax"

Derp Derp Derp

- DSK

3 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Why is that important to you? 

save your faux-rage for someone who cares...

Even THIS guy know's how to be a leader.  Sometimes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

save your faux-rage for someone who cares...

Are you responding to post #317? Or is your sock puppet in bed for the night?

6 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Are you responding to post #317? Or is your sock puppet in bed for the night?

No. it was in response to your minimizing looking at things as rates instead of absolutes.

54 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Fixed.

The good news is that ship has sailed.

45 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No. it was in response to your minimizing looking at things as rates instead of absolutes.

Indulge me.. explain the absolute..  

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Sez the guy who is a FOX fan. 

Drip drip drip

“Extreme protest actions reduce popular support for social movements...

..."This result obtained across a variety of movements (e.g., animal rights, anti-Trump, anti-abortion) and extreme protest actions (e.g., blocking highways, vandalizing property). Further, in 5 of 6 studies, negative reactions to extreme protest actions also led participants to support the movement’s central cause less, and these effects were largely independent of individuals’ prior ideology or views on the issue”.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2020-02398-001

3 hours ago, jzk said:

The good news is that ship has sailed.

If only it had a competent helm who knew where it was going.....

21 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Well, it is your ship.  You know best about its incompetent helm.

28 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

As long as it heads straight off shore and has 2 days worth of hamberders..... That's all we really need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

“Extreme protest actions reduce popular support for social movements...

..."This result obtained across a variety of movements (e.g., animal rights, anti-Trump, anti-abortion) and extreme protest actions (e.g., blocking highways, vandalizing property). Further, in 5 of 6 studies, negative reactions to extreme protest actions also led participants to support the movement’s central cause less, and these effects were largely independent of individuals’ prior ideology or views on the issue”.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2020-02398-001

You should do some research into who is causing the violence 

On 6/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, phillysailor said:

US Army and US Air Force are specifically prohibited from enforcing domestic laws by the Posse Comitatas Act.

Coast Guard is a special case.

Although not specifically mentioned, it is presumed that the marines and Navy aren’t eligible for service on our streets, either.

Unless martial law, I suppose.

Yikes

On 6/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, Grrr... said:

This is untrue.  I had actually typed up the whole reasoning but just deleted it.

The president has the ability.  And - typical to what we are seeing with Trump, and the law is written in such a way that if he chooses, it will be a near impossible fight to stop him.  

https://kmmsam.com/will-we-see-us-military-troops-on-american-soil/

Presidential Authority to Use US Military Forces
Here are the current conditions the president can use to deploy US Military Troops on American soil.

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--

(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--

(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and

(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or

(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

I guess you missed my line in bold, because what you've described is martial law.

It's interesting to note that the Insurrection Act of 1807 was written in order to authorize the president to act forcefully to put down slave rebellions.

That would be Trump's primary legal rationale. A federal law written to cope with slave rebellions, such as the successful rebellion in Haiti beginning in 1791.

An interesting side note is that the rebellion left France without its economic jewel: the sugar fields of Haiti were some of the most profitable acres in the world at the time. The nascent country created an army led eventually by Toussaint who were able to throw back tens of thousands of British troops sent between 1794 and 1797 to put down the revolution which so frightened European powers who had become dependent on the riches earned on the backs of African slaves.

In 1800, Napoleon, flush with continental success, turned his eye to reestablishing a beachhead in America. He negotiated a secret truce with Spain, which had frustratingly held onto New Orleans meaning that they controlled all commerce exiting the Mississippi and stymied westward growth across America's south. Spain "retroceded" New Orleans back to France, and Napoleon sent 20,000 men to occupy the city, filling Jefferson with alarm since that force was bigger than the entire US army. He tried to negotiate for the city, but was spared by events back in Haiti.

Napoleon had sent an enormous nearly 30,000 man army to Haiti, but they quickly ran into military defeats and yellow fever. Although Toussaint was captured, his army fought the French to a standstill, and the climate did the rest. The 20,000 men intended for New Orleans redirected to support them , and they too, were destroyed.

France had to cease its dreams of American expansion and bargain for solvency: hence, the Louisiana Purchase, in which the land which forms much of 15 states was sold to America for 3 cents an acre.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

It's interesting to note that the Insurrection Act of 1807 was written in order to authorize the president to act forcefully to put down slave rebellions.

Rather apropos in several respects.

17 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

You should do some research into who is causing the violence 

Listening to Rush or watch Faux News doesn't count ya know.

36 minutes ago, jzk said:

Well, it is your ship.  You know best about its incompetent helm.

I now know about your incompetence.

My ship is my ship.

That ship refers to your leaking hulk.

16 hours ago, Dog said:

BD....The problem with the first five words is that they do not apply here. There are in fact people on this board who have condoned the arson and looting. The problem you have with me is that I don't just not condone it , I condemn it. I condemn those who are destroying other people's lives and with the failed leadership under which it is happening.

I've been busy these last couple of days and haven't been online much.  Are there really people here on PA who are condoning the arson and looting??  Really?  I get pent up anger and I'm all for peaceful protests.  But are there really people saying it's ok to loot and burn in LA or Louiseville for something that happened in MN?  If so, a completely sad commentary on America.  

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I've been busy these last couple of days and haven't been online much.  Are there really people here on PA who are condoning the arson and looting??  Really?  I get pent up anger and I'm all for peaceful protests.  But are there really people saying it's ok to loot and burn in LA or Louiseville for something that happened in MN?  If so, a completely sad commentary on America.  

Nope. He lied. Again.

BTW, if you think black men are only oppressed by the MPLS PD, you’ve got blinders on.

19 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't know what specific posts Dog is referring to, either.

But I'd say we've been tightening the screws on the poor and lower middle class of this country for decades, and that one of our glaring national security defects is our race relations combined with our ever-increasing wealth and wage gap. We are always fighting the last war, and it takes a nimble mind to prevent a pandemic or suss out a sneak attack. We've just learned how foolhardy it is to disband a pandemic team and devalue scientific experts opinions, but we were just doubling down on the stupid.

Unfortunately, exploiting and accelerating internal strife is just politics as usual for our president, and our current predicament is entirely predictable. Note I am not condoning violent civil unrest, just saying our country has been laying the groundwork for this debacle since we stripped millions of their equity in 2008 and gave bankers a bonus for turning over their titles to the mortgage companies which fraudulently sold them in the first place. And then watched, with much hand-wringing, as educational scores plummeted in inner cities, arrest rates filled for-profit jails and local coffers with municipal fines and fees. To top it off, universal healthcare was regarded as a bad joke, to be replaced by the GOPs own universal insurance plan which they've since successfully bled dry.

And now, we are using the pandemic as cover to enrich the rich guys, while millions of renters are going to be evicted. Sans jobs and therefore healthcare. #winning

Ignoring climate change ain't good fiscal or national security policy, either. But what do I know?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

A few good men...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A few good men...

One less than a few hours ago

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

One less than a few hours ago

Looks like the aircrew is bailing out. Gonna be tough keeping the old bird flying.

6 hours ago, Mike G said:

Even THIS guy know's how to be a leader.  Sometimes.

Bush was part of the problem.

The rest of the world has seen America's Arab Spring moment coming. America hasn't.

Middle America thinks the race riots of the 1960s ushered in fundamental reform, that is horseshit. There have been outbreaks happening ever since, but people just turn a blind eye.

Americans need to be told they are dumb fucks because they don't see this themselves.

Richest country on earth but has declining life expectancy. Has one of the lowest per capita hospital bed rates in the world but a ICU bed rate 4 times the world average needed to fix bad shit. One of their CoVid saviours BTW where a lot of that ICU count is loaded up in the NE.

They don't see their stop start economy is fucked where they suffer up to three recessions to one of other countries (that then impact on those countries with US at the top of world trade pile). 

The rest of the developed world sees free firearms access as a problem, the US sees the 2nd Amdt as a solution. Paradoxically a President pretending he is scared of it so to weaponise it to divide the country.

American people are oblivious to its governance having failed. World leaders won't tell America it's governance has failed. Fuck world leaders are afraid to out the country now.

So like forrest's that don't have their fuel loads reduced ...they build up until finally one summer they alight and then woosssh.

Trump is not to blame for the above he is simply a beneficiary of American anger and frustration. Ironically Trump could also be the saviour as the catalyst for change.

America has brought this upon themselves and until they wake up to that this fire will never go out.

The list of people criticizing Trump over the past few days is growing and includes some rather impressive people. Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs (Admiral Mullen), former DOD Undersecretary, a whole raft of clergy, governors, mayors, etc.

A normal POTUS, in normal times, would be affected by this and might well alter his behavior.  Best guess is that there is a Twitter storm coming.

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm surprised your against arson, considering......

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

To be fair most of the leftist's here will say they “don't condone” the rioting even if they can't bring themselves to condemning it. Some have defended the rioting.

Clove hitch: I haven't seen any riots. I've seen active resistance and political violence, but no riots. 

Hasher on whether burning cars, breaking windows and looting stores is justified: Yes.  It seems a small price to pay when you get to kill and abuse the black population with no end in sight.

7 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I haven’t seen anyone condoning arson and looting and I haven’t seen anyone citing someone posting that. 

I have seen Alt-Doggie setting up a straw man. Again. 

I happen to think that arson and looting are reprehensible but not as reprehensible as repeated killings of black men at the hands of police. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

To be fair most of the leftist's here will say they “don't condone” the rioting even if they can't bring themselves to condemning it. Some have defended the rioting.

Clove hitch: I haven't seen any riots. I've seen active resistance and political violence, but no riots. 

Hasher on whether burning cars, breaking windows and looting stores is justified: Yes.  It seems a small price to pay when you get to kill and abuse the black population with no end in sight.

Update: As of last night the only rioting Clove Hitch has seen is by law enforcement.

8 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I now know about your incompetence.

My ship is my ship.

That ship refers to your leaking hulk.

It is your ship advocating that no one have guns.  That ship sailed.  And you said you were incompetent.  

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Can you refute the numbers with another source? 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.  UNDERSTANDING the feelings of rage, brought about by systemic racism coupled with police brutality that makes an encounter with police a very real threat to the life of a black man, and how that might lead to rising up and demanding change is not the same thing as defending rioting.  Most of what I have seen has been peaceful.  I have participated in several actions in Baltimore (the town you love to deride) and things have not gone sideways here, like you desperately wish they would.  The fuck-knuckle who did bring fireworks to the protest at City Hall the other night was apprehended by the folks protesting and presented to the police.

Several instances of looting and arson in other cities have been traced back to white instigators.  It appears some of them are cops.  Your silence there speaks volumes.

You are more concerned that people have not used the word "condemn" with regard to looting and rioting.  Funny how you can't bring yourself to use the same word regarding President Trump having peaceful protesters being deprived of their Constitutional Right by violently dispersing them with tear-gas, concussion grenades, and rubber bullets so he could have a photo op.

Your outrage is misplaced.

• Like 1

Was interesting flipping thru news channels yesterday early evening - surprisingly low key and supportive including a FOX guy, then bingo a blond bimbo comes on and AMERICA IS BURNING.

Helps remind me where Trump supporters get their fix.  On a friends FB post a Trumper even stated that the riots were being instigated by a fascist antifa group. I don't bother replying to those anymore.

edit:  this was his actual quote:  Here in Atlanta they are claiming that the group that caused Friday nights damage were "out of towners" from an un-lead fascist radical group called Antifa.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.  UNDERSTANDING the feelings of rage, brought about by systemic racism coupled with police brutality that makes an encounter with police a very real threat to the life of a black man, and how that might lead to rising up and demanding change is not the same thing as defending rioting. I don't disagree with that but it does not mean the rioting has not been defended here.  Most of what I have seen has been peaceful.  I have participated in several actions in Baltimore (the town you love to deride) and things have not gone sideways here, like you desperately wish they would.  The fuck-knuckle who did bring fireworks to the protest at City Hall the other night was apprehended by the folks protesting and presented to the police.

Several instances of looting and arson in other cities have been traced back to white instigators. What difference does that make?  It appears some of them are cops.  Your silence there speaks volumes.

You are more concerned that people have not used the word "condemn" with regard to looting and rioting.  Funny how you can't bring yourself to use the same word regarding President Trump having peaceful protesters being deprived of their Constitutional Right by violently dispersing them with tear-gas and flash-bang grenades so he could have a photo op. I believe the word I used was disgusting but if it makes you feel better I hereby condemn it.

Your outrage is misplaced. My outrage is over the damage done to people's communities and lives (many happen to be minorities) I reject the suggestion that that is misplaced.

16 hours ago, Dog said:

I question the usefulness of that comparison. Police are taking a job where they expect to be coming into contact with criminals, some of whom are violent. At no point should an unarmed person expect that they might be wrongly shot and killed by the police who are expected to be there to protect them. Comparing the numbers makes it seem as if unarmed people vs the police is a normal state of being. It may be, but it certainly should not be. Comparing the likelihood of being shot in any given encounter, as I assumed we were talking about has some peripheral relevance as it could speak to what is a reasonable level of fear the police might have. 

I know I have mentioned this before, however I will repeat it again. I am not anti police. My wife was a special agent for the DEA, my son was military police at one point in his Navy career, we have friends who are police currently and friends who are retired police. That does not change the fact that racism has been growing in this country, becoming far more open and in our face, and that when that racism is experienced in police encounters it creates risks that most of us never have to experience in our lives. I spoke to my son last night as he is moving back east and will need to cross the country. A significant part of our talk was about whether he should cut his hair back to the military cut he had in the Navy and how to dress so that he looked less Hispanic because the way police relate to him is different when he looks Hispanic than when he does not. The changes in how he is treated though pale in comparison to what many African Americans are experiencing.

This has gotten much worse in the last three years, Trump does constantly throw out racist dog whistles to gin up more energy in his base. Sometime we experience it only at a level of annoyance, like the person in the checkout line who tries to lecture my wife about speaking Spanish to our own children assuming that she is a babysitter and not their mother. Sometimes it is riskier, and sometimes people get killed. Trump has normalized racism to the point where many people don't even think what they are doing is wrong anymore, and have bought into the concept that when someone points out that a statement was at the least offensive, that it is the person of color who is at fault for feeling insulted. It is not my wife's fault for feeling insulted when some random person we do not know begins lecturing us about how to behave in "their country" as if she is a guest here. It is wrong.. period.. full stop. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.  UNDERSTANDING the feelings of rage, brought about by systemic racism coupled with police brutality that makes an encounter with police a very real threat to the life of a black man, and how that might lead to rising up and demanding change is not the same thing as defending rioting. I don't disagree with that but it does not mean the rioting has not been defended here.  Most of what I have seen has been peaceful.  I have participated in several actions in Baltimore (the town you love to deride) and things have not gone sideways here, like you desperately wish they would.  The fuck-knuckle who did bring fireworks to the protest at City Hall the other night was apprehended by the folks protesting and presented to the police.

Several instances of looting and arson in other cities have been traced back to white instigators. What difference does that make?  It appears some of them are cops.  Your silence there speaks volumes.

You are more concerned that people have not used the word "condemn" with regard to looting and rioting.  Funny how you can't bring yourself to use the same word regarding President Trump having peaceful protesters being deprived of their Constitutional Right by violently dispersing them with tear-gas and flash-bang grenades so he could have a photo op. I believe the word I used was disgusting but if it makes you feel better I hereby condemn it.

Your outrage is misplaced. My outrage is over the damage done to people's communities and lives (many happen to be minorities) I reject the suggestion that that is misplaced.

You repeatedly make a case out of people having not used the word "condemn", as if doing so is necessary to elevate their outrage to a level you find acceptable and legitimate, and when called on doing the very same thing, you act like a petulant toddler.  In fact, I do believe the word you used previously was "disgraceful".  Yeah, them's some strong words coming from you regarding that outrageous stunt by the POTUS on US citizens and clergy.  All in an attempt to pander to you - his base.

It’s a distraction from @Dog.    He isn’t prepared to condemn the use of the US military to attack peaceful protestors and international press prior to curfew, so Trump could pander shamelessly to the religious right.   The only thing missing was the uniform full of fake medals.    If Trump adds that, I’m sure he will award himself one for gallantry at Episcopal Church,   

President Trump is so desperate to be seen as a "wartime" President, he is willing to foment a civil war to pad his résumé.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

My outrage is over the damage done to people's communities and lives (many happen to be minorities) I reject the suggestion that that is misplaced.

You appear to support the choice to “dominate the battlespace” as discussed by the SecDef and which led our president to assign Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff responsibility for responding to violent civil unrest in the nation. 

He and the DOD have had to backtrack on that last, as the image of the general in fatigues escorting the president through a public park cleared using helicopter down wash and tear gas, stun grenades and pepper spray in accordance with techniques used by military forces to effect crowd control in areas with foreign insurgencies created such an uproar among past & present senior military figures.

Your outrage is only for the threats to your perceived priorities over what should be ideal: subdued obedience not civic harmony, sanctity of property over sanctity of life, improving civilian behavior vs safe and effective policing.

Trump last night wanted to use the Insurrection Act of 1807, written to allow the federal government to take over areas lost to slave revolts, in order to impose federal military rule over our cities and states under Democrat leadership.

If this doesn’t anger you, then you are ignoring the clear and present danger his leadership poses to our democracy.

Big government, meet @Dog, your biggest supporter of authoritarian rule. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Trump is not to blame for the above he is simply a beneficiary of American anger and frustration. Ironically Trump could also be the saviour as the catalyst for change.

Hence why I said back in 2016 that trump is potentially the best thing for the country.  That he will be so bad, so polarizing, so incompetent, so corrupt, so racist, so.... trump - that all the corrupt and broken systems in this country will finally be laid bare for all to see.  Yes, Hillary would have certainly been better in the short term - as in she would not have really changed much and we would have continued our long slow frog boil slide to the bottom.  But so gradually and insidiously that no one would have noticed until it was too late.  With shitstain, he ripped the bandaid off all at once and we now see the bleeding happening in front our eyes.  We, as a nation, have a golden opportunity to make real and lasting change.  But that change never would have happened under Hillary nor will it under Biden.  Our only real hope now is if things really get bad enough and the sheeple finally wake the fuck up as to what's been happening for literally decades by the duopoly - then we might demand some real and lasting change.  If 100K dead and race riots burning the cities doesn't do it, then we don't deserve our status as the shining beacon on the hill.  

Just saying.

1 hour ago, Lark said:

It’s a distraction from @Dog.    He isn’t prepared to condemn the use of the US military to attack peaceful protestors and international press prior to curfew, so Trump could pander shamelessly to the religious right.   The only thing missing was the uniform full of fake medals.    If Trump adds that, I’m sure he will award himself one for gallantry at Episcopal Church,   

I condemn any attack on peacefull protestors.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I condemn any attack on peacefull protestors.

Bold of you to type that. But what are you going to do about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

You repeatedly make a case out of people having not used the word "condemn", as if doing so is necessary to elevate their outrage to a level you find acceptable and legitimate, and when called on doing the very same thing, you act like a petulant toddler.  In fact, I do believe the word you used previously was "disgraceful".  Yeah, them's some strong words coming from you regarding that outrageous stunt by the POTUS on US citizens and clergy.  All in an attempt to pander to you - his base.

Far be it from me to tell you what words to use to express your outrage. I have simply noted that wrt the distruction of other peoples property and their communities it has been that you do not condone it.

Just now, El Boracho said:

It's not bold.

38 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

...Yes, Hillary would have certainly been better in the short term - as in she would not have really changed much and we would have continued our long slow frog boil slide to the bottom.... 

Yep agree and why a "change-agent" is needed, not a fucking octagerian (78 in Nov) with a middle of the road reforming CV at best and not a person you could call "worldly" outside his relatively humble upbringing.

That said if he steps back, less Presidential and let's some decent heads run the show from the background, better than nothing.

This sentence probably best sums Biden up for what he will deliver as a President other than taking America out of the clutches of the Orangeman.

While listening to one of Biden's lengthy boring Senate speeches, then-Senator Barack Obama reportedly wrote in a note to an aide: “Shoot Me Now.”

5 hours ago, Dog said:

There is a lot of hypocrisy here..  I would venture to guess that if there was a Gansata Wannna-Be/Cholo/Homie was parked out side their house after sunset there would be a 9-1-1 call ASAP...  or worse yet, their daughter brought one home for Sunday dinner..  Or if the rioting and looting hit their business and they found out that their insurance didn't cover Civil Unrest ( as most policies do) they would be screaming bloody murder..

Don't let it get you Dog, half of the regular posters here are full of shit anyway. They talk a good game, and it ends there..

9 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Label them violent thugs, of course. Problem solved!

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Far be it from me to tell you what words to use to express your outrage. I have simply noted that wrt the distruction of other peoples property and their communities it has been that you do not condone it.

I would love to see your cites for posters who condone the "distruction(sic) of other peoples property and their communities".

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

You appear to support the choice to “dominate the battlespace” as discussed by the SecDef and which led our president to assign Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff responsibility for responding to violent civil unrest in the nation. 

He and the DOD have had to backtrack on that last, as the image of the general in fatigues escorting the president through a public park cleared using helicopter down wash and tear gas, stun grenades and pepper spray in accordance with techniques used by military forces to effect crowd control in areas with foreign insurgencies created such an uproar among past & present senior military figures.

Your outrage is only for the threats to your perceived priorities over what should be ideal: subdued obedience not civic harmony, sanctity of property over sanctity of life, improving civilian behavior vs safe and effective policing.

Trump last night wanted to use the Insurrection Act of 1807, written to allow the federal government to take over areas lost to slave revolts, in order to impose federal military rule over our cities and states under Democrat leadership.

If this doesn’t anger you, then you are ignoring the clear and present danger his leadership poses to our democracy.

Big government, meet @Dog, your biggest supporter of authoritarian rule. 

Your imaginings bear little resemblance to the positions I have expressed here. Do you concoct this shit because what I actually say doesn't serve your purposes or fit your prejudices?

Just now, Dog said:

Your imaginings bear little resemblance to the positions I have expressed here. Do you concoct this shit because what I actually say doesn't serve your purposes or fit your prejudices?

If you don’t like what people imagine grow some fucking balls and answer questions.

Given you refuse to, ones left with the distinct impression you like your bullshit game of trolling victimhood.

So go fuckyourself with a chainsaw this morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If you don’t like what people imagine grow some fucking balls and answer questions.

Given you refuse to, ones left with the distinct impression you like your bullshit game of trolling victimhood.

He didn't ask me any questions because he would rather post shit about me than understand me.

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
5 minutes ago, Dog said:

If he ever actually TAKES a position, instead of answering a question with a question, we might have some semblance of where he actually stands.

As it is, we are left with vague generalities of where he stands, while he bitches because people don't use the word "condemn".

Just now, Bus Driver said:

If he ever actually TAKES a position, instead of answering a question with a question, we might have some semblance of where he actually stands.

As it is, we are left with vague generalities of where he stands, while he bitches because people don't use the word "condemn".

What's my expressed position on Trump's PR stunt?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

What's my expressed position on Trump's PR stunt?

I believe your honest appraisal was "disgraceful". 

When shown the hypocrisy of demanding others use the word "condemn", you modified it with something along the lines of "okay, okay, I condemn it".

“You are being handed an opportunity to do what most American warriors never get a chance to do - protect American freedom.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I believe your honest appraisal was "disgraceful". 

When shown the hypocrisy of demanding others use the word "condemn", you modified it with something along the lines of "okay, okay, I condemn it".

So I did I in fact take a position or not?

We were watching the riots etc. on the news last night when I realized 1968 was 52 years ago.

More than 1/2 century and nothing has changed in the USA.

That conservatism is some great shit.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

So I did I in fact take a position or not?

You took a half-assed stand on President Trump's abuse of power in creating an ego-driven photo op. 

When pushed on why you didn't use the very word you derided others for not using, you caved.

Yeah, your position is clear.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

We were watching the riots etc. on the news last night when I realized 1968 was 52 years ago.

Assholes still exist but if you can't see that there has been progress since 1968 you're head is up your ass.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You took a half-assed stand on President Trump's abuse of power in creating an ego-driven photo op. 

When pushed on why you didn't use the very word you derided others for not using, you caved.

Yeah, your position is clear.

So you don't like my half assed position (I think your "not condoning" the distrction of communities is half assed) but you will acknoledge I took one right?

1 minute ago, Dog said:

So you don't like my half assed position (I think your "not condoning" the distrction of communities is half assed) but you will asknoledge I took one right?

When you type the word "distruction", do you not see the red squiggly line under it telling you you spelled it wrong?  Because you seem to have a lot of trouble with that word.

But, back to the topic - you got called on your hypocrisy and you don't like it.  Big fucking deal.  Own your support of the President and stop hiding behind half-statements and waffling on positions.  At least be honest about your support.  I could at least respect that.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

When you type the word "distruction", do you not see the red squiggly line under it telling you you spelled it wrong?  Because you seem to have a lot of trouble with that word.

But, back to the topic - you got called on your hypocrisy and you don't like it.  Big fucking deal.  Own your support of the President and stop hiding behind half-statements and waffling on positions.  At least be honest about your support.  I could at least respect that.

I don't support Trump the way you don't support Biden.

23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I would love to see your cites for posters who condone the "distruction(sic) of other peoples property and their communities".

Nobody really condones the destruction.

But it's easier to bash the "liberals" here if they take your "I understand their cause" which is emotional and subtle, and turn it into a disgust for a physical and tangible

act, such as the breaking of property.

And the act of blaming a particular "group" for the rioting is in a way the reason

we're in this place.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm afraid some will just follow orders and americans will get to experience "american freedom" they way Iraqis do.

22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

“You are being handed an opportunity to do what most American warriors never get a chance to do - protect American freedom.”

Very well put by the video guy - be sure to let him know about Veterans For Peace . . 

23 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The other day we were having a discussion at Sunday dinner on the homeless population in California... right away my MIL (who thinks Bernie is too conservative) bellows out it was all Ronald Regan's fault for closing down the state hospitals 45 plus years ago.

My nephew, who is a Bernie Bro/High School Teacher kindly points out to her that Jerry Brown was the governor of California for 16 years since Ronald Regan, and really did nothing to rectify the problem..  And Jerry Brown also shepherded through Prop 47, Prop 57, and AB-109 which compounded the homeless problem in California while seeing an increase in property crime.. 

The problem hasn't changed, it has gotten worse..  That liberalism is some great shit - huh!

Dear PA Racists: Congrats on changing the subject to minor looting and away from the baked-in police culture of murder.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Dear PA Racists: Congrats on changing the subject to minor looting and away from the baked-in police culture of murder.

Tell it to David Dorn.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Tell it to David Dorn.

That Whataboutism will work too. Congrats again!