Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Black Lives Matter

cfcaaca4-49c7-4e52-baf1-e144a225ea61_300

33453005-7afb-4beb-b29c-a5742c589a44_300

506183af-35b0-4645-8c8f-f52aecc3793b_300

... And Trump is throwing a hissy fit, calling Mayor Bowser weak, and ineffective.....:rolleyes:

bdc974ff-aaf5-44bc-9fbc-e85dd697fbc9_300

dff1d9bc-bb58-4391-8c7f-f2bae3573158_300

• Like 1

Black Lives Matter Plaza is seen near St. John's Episcopal Church in Washington on Friday, June 5. <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/us/black-lives-matter-dc-street-white-house-trnd/index.html" target="_blank">Washington DC Mayor Muriel Bowser has officially deemed the section of 16th Street bearing the mural "Black Lives Matter Plaza</a>" after contracting painters to paint the words "BLACK LIVES MATTER" in bold yellow on the street.

• Like 1

• Like 1

EZwFdiAWsAEuu4W?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mid said:

That should elicit an incoherent tweet from the Pride of NY. 

2 hours ago, Mid said:

Well-written and very true.  Trump doesn't do so well with smart folks.  Better off in the bunker.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

6 paragraphs.  His attention span is not that long. One of his toadies will have to bullet point it for him.

10 hours ago, Mid said:

Holy shit, visible from the WH? 

Somebody got trolled. Bigly.  

8 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Holy shit, visible from the WH? 

Somebody got trolled. Bigly.  

They are shining a BLM on a building within sight of the WH. And there’s the whole 1600 BLM Blvd thing. 

That's gonna be on Google Maps Satellite View pretty soon. Updates are usually 1-3 years but Google has the capability to update very quickly if they want to. I'll be surprised if that isn't on there within the week.

22 hours ago, Mid said:

cfcaaca4-49c7-4e52-baf1-e144a225ea61_300

33453005-7afb-4beb-b29c-a5742c589a44_300

506183af-35b0-4645-8c8f-f52aecc3793b_300

64172719-3FC8-4B22-BF36-3EF967481250.jpeg

• Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

64172719-3FC8-4B22-BF36-3EF967481250.jpeg

True dat but then White Lies Don't.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

33 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's gonna be on Google Maps Satellite View pretty soon. Updates are usually 1-3 years but Google has the capability to update very quickly if they want to. I'll be surprised if that isn't on there within the week.

43 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They are shining a BLM on a building within sight of the WH. And there’s the whole 1600 BLM Blvd thing. 

Just now, Olsonist said:

It's already on Google Maps.

image.png.48c3089fa93dfbc3760f54bbe0cca7e9.png

As usual style over substance, Black Americans are going to have to step up their game and shed the victim whoa is me stereotype and mainstream themselves, Mexicans and many other ethnicity’s have blazed the path by example 

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

As usual style over substance, Black Americans are going to have to step up their game and shed the victim whoa is me stereotype and mainstream themselves, Mexicans and many other ethnicity’s have blazed the path by example 

Problem solved! 

Who knew? So it only takes just one group to have racial prejudice.  

Oh thank you so wise one for bestowing such towering intellect. May I suggest you tackle poverty next? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shaggybaxter said:

Problem solved! 

Oh thank you so wise one for bestowing such towering intellect. May I suggest you tackle poverty next? 

The solution to poverty is in the same post

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

The solution to poverty is in the same post

No wonder you voted for ol Donny. You two have got it sorted. 

Lemme know when you have the results. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The only thing worse would be re-naming 5th Ave in NYC "Barak Obama Blvd".  He's not going to be taking a window seat on Marine One anymore.  

Registering protesters to vote ..............

Now there's progress :)

2 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Problem solved! 

Ease him into it. I’d suggest a basic grammar lesson first.  “Whoa” and “ethnicity’s”?

4 hours ago, Mark K said:

The only thing worse would be re-naming 5th Ave in NYC "Barak Obama Blvd".  He's not going to be taking a window seat on Marine One anymore.  

Better yet would be PA Avenue.

Berlin

first we take ...........................

prefer Mr Cohen

1 minute ago, Mid said:

prefer Mr Cohen

Me too, but it's a nice option. Jennifer Warnes has an excellent album in it's own right, but it's interpretation. At least Mr Cohen liked it enough to sing on it.

White House lights out again

7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's 16th street that got renamed, not Penn Ave. 

And the projections are on BLM plaza, not H street... so... pretty sure you can't see them from the WH.

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), a U.S. based pro-Muslim group that enjoys close ties with President Obama, announced they are joining with #BlackLivesMatter and calling for a revolution in the United States and they plan on using this upcoming election to do so.

https://truthuncensored.net/cair-joins-with-black-lives-matter-and-calls-for-islamic-revolution-in-the-usa-video-2/?fbclid=IwAR3HD__rbQmOX8y7iNdVek4ntrHLG3DK4YYREDrhfneL1I5oLF-8jx3RiOs

• Downvote 4

22 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), a U.S. based pro-Muslim group that enjoys close ties with President Obama, announced they are joining with #BlackLivesMatter and calling for a revolution in the United States and they plan on using this upcoming election to do so.

https://truthuncensored.net/cair-joins-with-black-lives-matter-and-calls-for-islamic-revolution-in-the-usa-video-2/?fbclid=IwAR3HD__rbQmOX8y7iNdVek4ntrHLG3DK4YYREDrhfneL1I5oLF-8jx3RiOs

Published on March 22, 2016

https://clashdaily.com/2016/03/watch-the-religion-of-peace-calls-for-revolution-in-the-usa/

merlin_2811318.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps veteran Todd Winn, from Lehi, stands at attention alone as he protests in silence at the Capitol in Salt Lake City on Friday, June 5, 2020. The two-time Purple Heart recipient stood in front of the Capitol to honor individuals everywhere wrongly harmed by racism and police brutality.  Steve Griffin,

merlin_2811320.jpg

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/6/5/21282114/salt-lake-city-protests-george-floyd-bernardo-palacios-carbajal

• Like 1

:mehthis:

I don't think the BLM movement is as simplistic as black people dying at the hands of police..just saying.

There is more to life than simply being alive...or not.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

This is what Black Lives Matter is protesting .

george-floyd.jpg?fit=1200%2C900&ssl=1

Is it? I think the death of GF was simply a catalyst for everything that is wrong in the lives of other than white people and handily symbolic.

Of course, actually being murdered for being black is kinda the literal bottom of the Pit and therefore a perfect totem.

I am surprised.

I thought the country was just racist and that was the way it was going to stay.  I thought that if anyone complained they would just be killed like GF or MLK.

The really interesting part is that the entire legal and financial systems of the USA is based on racism.  This cannot be changed easily or even tomorrow.  It needs to be done with a systematic restructure of the entire country.

Good luck with that.

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's 16th street that got renamed, not Penn Ave. 

And the projections are on BLM plaza, not H street... so... pretty sure you can't see them from the WH.

Yeah, I posted about that somewhere. I’m fine with not renaming Penn Ave.  Enough traditions have been abandoned for temporary political convenience during the Reign of Stupid. We need not add to them. 
Something tells me that the TV watcher in chief will see all of it. 

6 hours ago, dorydude said:

imageedit_641_5710144646.jpg

So what's your point?

Should they be protesting white-on-white violence?

Or should they be good capitalists and go after the low hanging fruit?

"With Liberty And Justice FOR ALL" is my pledge and I've always believed in it.

YMMV

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, I’d be protesting brutality, harassment and militarization of the police. I’m guessing no one here has ever been harassed by the police.  

19956808_1942520636018955_21330093967026

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

No, I’d be protesting brutality, harassment and militarization of the police. I’m guessing no one here has ever been harassed by the police.  

19956808_1942520636018955_21330093967026

Yes, the ironic thing about your pic here is, this IS "protecting and serving" you just need to realize WHO it is that they're protecting and serving. It's not us citizens.

And yes, I've been harassed by police quite a few times, including some when I was doing something I shouldn't (relatively minor). But obviously I've never been killed by them.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

So what's your point?

Or should they be good capitalists and go after the low hanging fruit?

"With Liberty And Justice FOR ALL" is my pledge and I've always believed in it.

YMMV

- DSK

The point is that BLM is not a pro black organization, if it were they would focus on the very real threat of black on black crime. BLM it's an anti police organization built on the lie that blacks are the victims of systematic targeting by police. The result of BLM's anti police efforts is more death and destruction mostly in black communities.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dog said:

The point is that BLM is not a pro black organization, if it were they would focus on the very real threat of black on black crime. BLM it's an anti police organization built on the lie that blacks are the victims of systematic targeting by police. The result of BLM's anti police efforts is more death and destruction mostly in black communities.

Another fucking lie

How do YOU know about the BLM movement? What you see on Fox News? Yeah, right

If the BLM movement was "anti-police" then why are they concerned about white police officers safety when a mass shooting begins at one of their demonstrations?

- DSK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Another fucking lie

If the BLM movement was "anti-police" then why are they concerned about white police officers safety when a mass shooting begins at one of their demonstrations?

- DSK

Listen...until you broaden your horizon as far as media news stories you'll continue to regurgitate only what your have been exposed to...it is called FAKE NEWS because it is beyond bias...it is pure agenda driven propaganda ....I'll just drop this photo here...not really on topic

blmf.jpg

• Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, Dog said:

If only a group would take MY advice on how to best represent themselves? 

There's a reason football quarterbacks don't run plays called by opposing teams spectators. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dog said:

They should try to be more inclusive. 

41 minutes ago, Mike G said:

...    ...

There's a reason football quarterbacks don't run plays called by opposing teams spectators. 

Especially when the fans of that opposing team are devoted to lying about any/everything with intention to harm the entire group.

- DSK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Especially when the fans of that opposing team are devoted to lying about any/everything with intention to harm the entire group.

- DSK

Find that single substantive fact supporting impeachment....or cause not to seat Justice Brent Kavanaugh ?....shame on you !

• Downvote 2

Please someone tell me why this bitch is still walking free.  She was the one breaking the law in more ways than one.  This is where it starts.

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

If only a group would take MY advice on how to best represent themselves? 

Dogs paternalism is not nearly that benign. He wants to enforce a racial order where “disciplined” minorities know their role of quiet subservience to people like him.

obpro.jpg

Soros.png

• Downvote 2

"Imagine if you will"....there was the same outrage over China and it's irresponsible handling of the CV-19 virus 

GLM

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Venom said:

I’m guessing no one here has ever been harassed by the police.  

You would be wrong.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

You would be wrong.

Indeed. “Projecting” would perhaps fit better than “guessing” in that application. 

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

Find that single substantive fact supporting impeachment....or cause not to seat Justice Brent Kavanaugh ?....shame on you !

Reminder: Neither of these political things require facts. Just citizens or representatives voting one's conscience. That Trump and Kavanaugh appear to be disgusting human trash should have been sufficient. Perhaps you can enlighten us on how your visceral hate trumps every other reasonable response to these things.

Just now, El Boracho said:

Reminder: Neither of these political things require facts. Just citizens or representatives voting one's conscience. That Trump and Kavanaugh appear to be disgusting human trash should have been sufficient. Perhaps you can enlighten us on how your visceral hate trumps every other reasonable response to these things.

of course they require facts...without them they are baseless !

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sean said:
3 hours ago, Venom said:

I’m guessing no one here has ever been harassed by the police.  

You would be wrong.

I was guessing that he made that remark intending to be sarcastic or ironic, but yeah

- DSK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Another fucking lie

- DSK

I read their website.

[BravoBravo quote of #65 omitted to protect those with frail constitutions.]

Nobody is going to be using judicially proven facts when they vote in November. Not even debate or media facts. It's politics. Legislators rarely use a fact-based approach. It is all politics: lobbying, public opinion, corruption, etc. The Senate could have tossed either bastard on appearances alone. Perfectly legal and acceptable to just say "Unsuitable for office."

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

I read their website.

Oh good, that's more effort than you took to learn about anything so far.

How about AntiFa, did you read their website too?

- DSK

Great to see the international solidarity . . 

Here is a BIG demo in London   

(And the Kiwis even gave us a Haka !!) 

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Great to see the international solidarity . . 

Here is a BIG demo in London   

(And the Kiwis even gave us a Haka !!) 

In Bristol the crowd pulled down a 125 year old statue of a local slave trader and dumped it into the piss. 

This is good.

Ali and Malcom X (who introduced Cassius to Islam) had a falling out just before Malcom was shot. Ali said he always regretted not making up.

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

In Bristol the crowd pulled down a 125 year old statue of a local slave trader and dumped it into the piss. 

But . . . but . . . history !! 

(Dark humor alert - Good on 'em!!) 

16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Some might say what was it still doing up?

As an official of the Royal African Company from 1680 to 1692, he was involved in the transportation of approximately 84,000 enslaved African men, women and young children, of whom 19,000 died on voyages from West Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas. This is where he secured a large part of his wealth.

Google "Windrush Generation" and their recent forced deportion back to the same Caribbean landing place by the UK two generations after arriving in UK at its invitation - Now awaiting compensation.

Brussels a similiar theme.

Blmpp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Venom said:

They should try to be more inclusive. 

You first.

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It was there 3 years ago to see...plain as day.

C'Ville was a SHAMEFUL chapter in American history and race relations....the Mayor held LEO's back and allowed the two sides...well the ANTIFA types to taunt and eventually clash with the permitted country boys peacefully gathered to march supporting the American historical statues that had stood silently for decades before and after the Civil Rights movement in the 60's....Trumps message if I need to explain to you was...."there were good people on both sides" that were hijacked by bad characters...on both sides

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It was there 3 years ago to see...plain as day.

When someone tells you who they are....

On 6/6/2020 at 6:37 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Florida, isn’t it? :lol:

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Some might say what was it still doing up?

As an official of the Royal African Company from 1680 to 1692, he was involved in the transportation of approximately 84,000 enslaved African men, women and young children, of whom 19,000 died on voyages from West Africa to the Caribbean and the Americas. This is where he secured a large part of his wealth.

Google "Windrush Generation" and their recent forced deportion back to the same Caribbean landing place by the UK two generations after arriving in UK at its invitation - Now awaiting compensation.

Brussels a similiar theme.

54th.jpg

• Downvote 1

^^^^^^^ Black Union regiment so on face value appears misdirected. However popularity with movie Glory with Morgan Freemen about the 54th tackled the unsettling issue of discrimination and racism that black soldiers faced from within the military and from their own government. 

55 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

C'Ville was a SHAMEFUL chapter in American history and race relations....the Mayor held LEO's back and allowed the two sides...well the ANTIFA types to taunt and eventually clash with the permitted country boys peacefully gathered to march supporting the American historical statues that had stood silently for decades before and after the Civil Rights movement in the 60's....Trumps message if I need to explain to you was...."there were good people on both sides" that were hijacked by bad characters...on both sides

"...clash with the permitted country boys peacefully gathered to march supporting the American historical.."

You are so fucked in the head it defies description.

images - 2020-06-08T051808.444.jpeg

images - 2020-06-08T051915.411.jpeg

images - 2020-06-08T051729.287.jpeg

images - 2020-06-08T051656.983.jpeg

bblmm.jpg

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

"...clash with the permitted country boys peacefully gathered to march supporting the American historical.."

These photos are teaching moments , not cause for riot 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

More than enough teaching moments to go around

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

This photos are teaching moments , not cause for riot 

You should spray paint yourself black and give yourself a teaching moment.

As I have said there was more open and honest discourse and interaction between blacks and whites in the late 60's and early 70's than today...and then it began to take hold and work...then the divisiveness was ignited ..."ask yourself who is keeping the HATE alive"

how old were you Jack Sparrow when this speech was delivered ?   

• Downvote 2