Remodel

One month after opening, Covid 19 spiking

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Mike, when you don't what a fucking virus is or what it does, or the basics of treating respiratory distress, insisting on making up your own definitions for terms, along with other little quirks too numerous to mention all (charming though they may be)... you are not "educated" in any medical way at all.

:lol:    :lol:

Sorry to interrupt your self-back-patting. It's good exercise, please do carry on.

- DSK

Ah, so you know how to compute a mortality rate?

Do tell, good man.

33 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Everyone always dies later, eventually. Your idea of "resolved" is nonsense. Anyone can die of anything at any given time.

It's the number of deaths divided by the impacted population. https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dsepd/ss1978/SS1978.pdf

So, the mortality rate is the population divided by the dead.

And the case fatality rate is the number effected divided by the number of dead. For the cfr to be final, it applies to resolved cases only.

That's my misunderstanding explained and corrected.

So what happens when a population of 330 million people all become positive?

That's 33 million dead, based on the present cfr.

33 million more than last year.

So based on current performance of the Trump administration, any 'vaccine'  most likely will;

• be rushed to market
  • supplied by the cheapest bidder
  • supplied by the most corrupt bidder
  • have zero quality checks
  • be repurposed from an existing treatment for something entirely unrelated, like worms.
  • have no distribution plan making the states compete against each other for supply. 
  • be bereft of oversight
  • not be approved by WHO

November can't come soon enough, we'll be running short of Yanks otherwise. 

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

The mortality rate is the number of dead divided by the impacted population that is still alive. If they die later, then the mortality rate changes. It ain't rocket surgery.

And if you want to use "confirmed tested" for the impacted population with one disease, then you need to do that with the other diseases as well. The mortality rate wasn't invented so a bunch of nerds could argue about this shit on the interwebs. It's a functional metric to decide where to put public health resources. Granted, we aren't doing that with COVID, but COVID is the sexy disease du jour that everyone wants to get a piece of. Who the hell wants their grandpappy to die of pneumonia or air pollution or dysentery?

When was the last time you saw the TV news mention one skunk's asshole hair about pneumonia or air pollution or dysentery?

You remind me of Anarchy's own Sea Shepherd. You're so offputting in your mannerisms one ends up cheering for your nasty little airborne particles.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

any 'vaccine' 

ain't on the foreseeable horizon .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

Ah, so you know how to compute a mortality rate?

Do tell, good man.

I'm not trying harsh on your mellow

Just offering the opportunity ti learn & improve.

Meanwhile, really dude.... do not call yourself "medically educated" unless you're trying to be funny

- DSK

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Old, but some of you could still stand to read it:

https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20203

It's still true.

It's been 7 months since the virus was first identified.  In that time we have had multiple different tests developed and rolled out and used in multiple different ways by almost 200 governments using a variety of reporting mechanisms.

The government measures taken by the Chinese do control the disease but would be entirely unacceptable in any western nation.

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It's still true.

It's been 7 months since the virus was first identified.  In that time we have had multiple different tests developed and rolled out and used in multiple different ways by almost 200 governments using a variety of reporting mechanisms.

The government measures taken by the Chinese do control the disease but would be entirely unacceptable in any western nation.

Stupid aren't we.

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'm not trying harsh on your mellow

Just offering the opportunity ti learn & improve.

Meanwhile, really dude.... do not call yourself "medically educated" unless you're trying to be funny

- DSK

I'm medically educated. Any orangutan who takes the time to get their medical knowledge from accepted, peer-reviewed journals is medically educated.

It doesn't require a degree, or intelligence, or even a library card. And then that primate will know how to calculate a mortality rate. It's something a third grader and a calculator could do, which would then earn said third grader the title "medically educated."

18 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Except nobody talks to Mikey, some try to talk at him.  It's not even necessary, just put Mikey in your post.  Cool thing about ignore now is when the rubes reply it is not seen.

Have they upgraded the ignore function? :)

17 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Speaking of some scary shit......  I heard on NPR yesterday that while there is optimism that there might be a vaccine by the end of the year and how the US is attempting to fast track a viable vaccine - they said something like 1/3 of the population of the US would refuse taking it even if it were proven effective.  WT FUCKING F???  I knew there were morans out there, but have we really become this dumbified?  :o

Can we just kill them now and save the trouble later on???

The gene pool is about to get a long overdue deep clean 

13 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Make it mandatory to attend school, like other required immunizations.

Except an immune response is not a given, let alone a vaccine...

I was speaking about vaccinations as required by law, which tend to result in immunization.  Yes, they are not the same thing.  My apologies for being inarticulate.

It seems there are people who pledge to refuse a vaccine, if it can be developed.  I suggest telling them they have to keep their children home from school, as they would be if they refused the host of vaccines required for public school attendance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frenchie said:

Old, but some of you could still stand to read it:

https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20203

Thank you for that medically-educated contribution.

Library card, intelligence, or fancy education not needed, just a six year old Samsung phone with a failing battery.

Shitfight aside, we live in an amazing time when a carpenter in Brooklyn and an asshole in Colorado can access peer-reviewed knowledge a freely as a pet hamster accesses an empty paper towel tube.

9 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I'm medically educated. Any orangutan who takes the time to get their medical knowledge from accepted, peer-reviewed journals is medically educated.

It doesn't require a degree, or intelligence, or even a library card. And then that primate will know how to calculate a mortality rate. It's something a third grader and a calculator could do, which would then earn said third grader the title "medically educated."

The third grader would make more sense, and would probably take longer for the rest of us to realize that he's medically the equivalent of a thousand monkeys pounding keyboards

Internet_dog.jpg

- DSK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

It's still true.

What about the measures used by Japan, Korea, Australia, Germany? 

oh yeah, that’s right, America is “exceptional”

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Why is anyone bothering to respond to Mike?

You know how it ends.

I’ve had him on ignore since he went full-on racist. What’s he rambling about now?

20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I was speaking about vaccinations as required by law, which tend to result in immunization.  Yes, they are not the same thing.  My apologies for being inarticulate.

It seems there are people who pledge to refuse a vaccine, if it can be developed.  I suggest telling them they have to keep their children home from school, as they would be if they refused the host of vaccines required for public school attendance.

Your suggestion is nothing new. My parents had to present my Colorado Department of Public Health proof of immunization card for me to attend preschool on up. (I still have that card to this day.)

Before that, the vaccine injector left a mark on the child's shoulder a proof of vaccination. Then in the decades following, the vaccine included a small amount of mercury. In 2020, at least one proposed solution is a UV dye precursor that can verify the inoculation.

But does it seem right to you that a child should lose access to an education for the religious beliefs of the parent?

My 9 year old is fully inoculated, (yes, even regular flu shots) thus I'm fine with him sharing a table and pathogens with another child who isn't innoculated. It may be a religion for them, but it's science for me.

Given that, the proposed subcu UV tracers may violate the religious beliefs of many Muslims and Jews.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Your suggestion is nothing new. My parents had to present my Colorado Department of Public Health proof of immunization card for me to attend preschool on up. (I still have that card to this day.)

Before that, the vaccine injector left a mark on the child's shoulder a proof of vaccination. Then in the decades following, the vaccine included a small amount of mercury. In 2020, at least one proposed solution is a UV dye precursor that can verify the inoculation.

But does it seem right to you that a child should lose access to an education for the religious beliefs of the parent?

My 9 year old is fully inoculated, (yes, even regular flu shots) thus I'm fine with him sharing a table and pathogens with another child who isn't innoculated. It may be a religion for them, but it's science for me.

Given that, the proposed subcu UV tracers may violate the religious beliefs of many Muslims and Jews.

To those who claim a religious exemption, they are free to avail themselves of a different provider of education.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To those who claim a religious exemption, they are free to avail themselves of a different provider of education.

Do public schools don't work like that? They're paid for by the public and open to the public.

Why not just offer a vaccine that doesn't include the subcutaneous dye? Have we really become so frightened of viruses that we're willing to trash The First Amendment? I could care less if one or more of my child's classmates aren't vaccinated due to other religious concerns, because my child is vaccinated, which is the whole point of a vaccine right?

Why should a child be denied access to a public education due to the beliefs of his or her parents? That would weaken our economy just as much as a handful of unvaccinated children weakens our public health system.

7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Do public schools don't work like that?

The one that purportedly educated you sure 'don't'.

4 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Do public schools don't work like that? They're paid for by the public and open to the public.

Why not just offer a vaccine that doesn't include the subcutaneous dye? Have we really become so frightened of viruses that we're willing to trash The First Amendment? I could care less if one or more of my child's classmates aren't vaccinated due to other religious concerns, because my child is vaccinated, which is the whole point of a vaccine right?

Why should a child be denied access to a public education due to the beliefs of his or her parents? That would weaken our economy just as much as a handful of unvaccinated children weakens our public health system.

Uh, you answered your own question.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Uh, you answered your own question.

Adorable. But your suggestion doesn't work.

Public schools are open to the public, they're built for families of all faiths, they're not designed to fit the ideas of exclusion that you and Clean seem to embrace.

15 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I sure hope that comes to pass. Too many people have died from this already. Almost 130k. 

Can we hope for a few of those selfish assholes that refused to wear masks, refused to SD and rushed out to bars the day they opened?  Maybe just a few to drive the message home?  Pretty please?

9 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

You remind me of Anarchy's own Sea Shepherd. You're so offputting in your mannerisms one ends up cheering for your nasty little airborne particles.

We have certain requirements in the USA, to comply with our Bill of Rights.

It seems that lately, it takes some amount of annoyance to remind my countrymen of those obligations. Australia doesn't have a Bill of Rights, you get to be as polite as you like, which is ironic, because my years spent in Australia were sometimes around some of the most good-natured racists I had ever met.

15 hours ago, Al Paca said:

I was a deckie  on his boat In I think in ‘79. Never saw him as he was in Boston getting his “big C” worked on.  It didn’t take. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. 

I was sailing my sabot around you at that time.

Fauci warns that the U.S. could see 100,000 new cases a day, and officials aim to counter vaccine skeptics.

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned Tuesday that the number of new infections in the United States could more than double to 100,000 a day if the country fails to contain the surge that is now underway in many states.

He noted that the recent sharp rise in cases, largely in the South and the West, “puts the entire country at risk.”

“We are now having 40-plus thousand new cases a day,” Dr. Fauci said. “I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around. And so I am very concerned.”

Dr. Fauci made the stark warning at a Senate hearing on Tuesday where health officials spoke about the need to reassure people about the safety of vaccines. Dr. Robert R. Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Senate lawmakers that the agency had spent around three months developing a plan to rebuild “vaccine confidence,” an attempt to win over a large slice of Americans still hesitant about inoculation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/world/coronavirus-updates.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20200630&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=96746752&segment_id=32252&user_id=051315a447af16e1cabb2fc79e269513#link-72d9102c

10 hours ago, CaptainGigi said:

TRENDING IN CANADA 06.30.2020: Do not panic. Carl Bergstrom, a biologist at the University of Washington says, “There’s no evidence that G4 [flu virus] is circulating in humans, despite five years of extensive exposure" (Reuters, 06.29.2020, https://reut.rs/2Vq4uDJ). 

Don't panic. It's not happened yet, but it could. It's been studied for five years. • © Reuters, 2020.06.29 2359PDT.jpg

Fucking chinese pigs!

14 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Adorable. But your suggestion doesn't work.

Public schools are open to the public, they're built for families of all faiths, they're not designed to fit the ideas of exclusion that you and Clean seem to embrace.

My neighbor's 13 year old suffers from RA.  She cannot be vaccinated.  She relies on a society which values her life as well as their own.  If folks get to send their children to school without having been vaccinated against things like Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, etc., she is at great risk and will not be able to attend.

As for what public schools are, and who they serve, you are way out of your league in lecturing me.

• Like 1

Just now, Bus Driver said:

My neighbor's 13 year old suffers from RA.  She cannot be vaccinated.  She relies on a society which values her life as well as their own.  If folks get to send their children to school without having been vaccinated against things like Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, etc., she is at great risk and will not be able to attend.

As for what public schools are, and who they serve, you are way out of your league in lecturing me.

Don't think that will stop him. 

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
3 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Stupid aren't we.

Why are we stupid?  Because we would prefer not to have our Army put a bullet in the back of our skull or sent to a "re-education camp" for any small instance non-compliance?  

1 minute ago, LenP said:

Don't think that will stop him. 

Never in a million years.  The guy is so impressed with his own estimation of his brilliance he needs to regale the rest of us with it.

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Fucking chinese pigs!

Are you sure that's how it's transmitted?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why are we stupid?  Because we would prefer not to have our Army put a bullet in the back of our skull or sent to a "re-education camp" for any small instance non-compliance?  

image.png.1b166fc4da427fa6ce7a7dbf8d06c883.png

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

But she wants to go to school without being vaccinated?   What happens when there are a number of kids in the school that can't,  for legit medical reasons,  get vaccinated?

3 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:
22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

But she wants to go to school without being vaccinated?   What happens when there are a number of kids in the school that can't,  for legit medical reasons,  get vaccinated?

Reading is fundamental.

53 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To those who claim a religious health exemption, they are free to avail themselves of a different provider of education.

26 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Reading is fundamental.

I get that - she has a legit medical excuse - but that doesn't change the fact that she is not vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Gone Drinking said:

I get that - she has a legit medical excuse - but that doesn't change the fact that she is not vaccinated. 

Well, according to her rheumatologist, she CANNOT be vaccinated.  The word "immunocompromised" has been repeatedly mentioned.  Trust me, it terrifies my neighbor how her daughter is continually at risk based on the choices of others.

Are you of the opinion you are more knowledgeable about RA (in general) and her case (specifically)?  If so, I need to let my neighbor know she no longer has to listen to that MD with the extensive training, because I just became aware of an anonymous poster on the Internet who has a different opinion.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, according to her rheumatologist, she CANNOT be vaccinated.  The word "immunocompromised" has been repeatedly mentioned.  Trust me, it terrifies my neighbor how her daughter is continually at risk based on the choices of others.

Are you of the opinion you are more knowledgeable about RA (in general) and her case (specifically)?  If so, I need to let my neighbor know she no longer has to listen to that MD with the extensive training, because I just became aware of an anonymous poster on the Internet who has a different opinion.

WTF are you babbling on about - all I am saying is she is not vaccinated - for valid medical reasons.  I am sure she is not the only child that for a valid medical reason can't be vaccinated.   She is still not a vaccinated child. 

https://scholarship.law.unc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1150&context=falr

This is a good summary of how the constitution actually works with respect to laws and regs that impact religious beliefs.  Anyone who wants to understand what the government can and can't do in circumstances like school vaccine requirements should read it. 

Note: I have not read today's Roberts opinion and therefore don't know if the fundamental jurisprudence has been overturned on this issue, but I don't believe so from the summary.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Fucking chinese pigs!

Is that a  new hobby of yours?

3 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

WTF are you babbling on about - all I am saying is she is not vaccinated - for valid medical reasons.  I am sure she is not the only child that for a valid medical reason can't be vaccinated.   She is still not a vaccinated child. 

So, what the fuck is your point with this response?

52 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

The point is, she CANNOT be vaccinated.  Other kids CAN, but their parents choose NOT to do so, thus putting my neighbor's daughter at extreme risk.

My point - School requires vaccinations.  There are exception to every rule - but where is the line and who determines it?  And is that a good enough exemption to allow the rule to be broken. 

11 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

My point - School requires vaccinations.  There are exception to every rule - but where is the line and who determines it?  And is that a good enough exemption to allow the rule to be broken. 

Let me take a wag on that - a child who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons would not be excluded. Children of anti-vaxxers would be excluded period. Religious? Go to a religious school. Antivaxxer nutter? Home school.  This really isn't that hard, as those in that 1st category will be very rare and statistics show you don't have to have 100% to be safe.  If a school district administration can't follow that easy logic time to switch districts.

Bonus point for the win; the rare child with compromised immunity will live in a home with parents who are extra cautious about exposures so little to no risk to anyone else.

You are most welcome.

21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

https://scholarship.law.unc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1150&context=falr

This is a good summary of how the constitution actually works with respect to laws and regs that impact religious beliefs.  Anyone who wants to understand what the government can and can't do in circumstances like school vaccine requirements should read it. 

Note: I have not read today's Roberts opinion and therefore don't know if the fundamental jurisprudence has been overturned on this issue, but I don't believe so from the summary.

Please step away from this particular shitfight for a moment ... anyone who supports the addition of the subcutaneous dye with the vaccine is going to similar resistance to outlawing circumcision.

Your UNC link up there didn't address the subcutaneous dye, and neither did you.

Just now, mikewof said:

Please step away from this particular shitfight for a moment ... anyone who supports the addition of the subcutaneous dye with the vaccine is going to similar resistance to outlawing circumcision.

Your UNC link up there didn't address the subcutaneous dye, and neither did you.

The ONLY person discussing that narrow portion of the conversation is you.  Now, toddle off and see if you can reach consensus with you.

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Let me take a wag on that - a child who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons would not be excluded. Children of anti-vaxxers would be excluded period. Religious? Go to a religious school. Antivaxxer nutter? Home school.  This really isn't that hard, as those in that 1st category will be very rare and statistics show you don't have to have 100% to be safe.  If a school district administration can't follow that easy logic time to switch districts.

Bonus point for the win; the rare child with compromised immunity will live in a home with parents who are extra cautious about exposures so little to no risk to anyone else.

You are most welcome.

You logic is unsupported. If the religious people have to go to a private school, then there is no reason why the medical reasons shouldn't similarly got to a private school. If the medical reasons get to go to public schools, then the religious reasons should similarly get to go to public schools. I prefer the latter one, public schools are for the public.

I recognize that there are parents who feel that this would not work for their children, and the wonderful thing about the USA is the public education is not compulsory, even if education is compulsory.

I didn't address the density of a marshmellow either.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The ONLY person discussing that narrow portion of the conversation is you.  Now, toddle off and see if you can reach consensus with you.

It's a big deal, and it can impact far more children than the relative handful who can't be vaccinated due to immune deficiencies.

Off the point of this shitfight, but if I had a kid who couldn't be vaccinated, I would be unlikely to send that child to school with children who are not vaccinated. I'm sure your neighbor has a reason though. Any idea why they do not avail themselves of a different provider of education?

And again, before you argue with Mikey, understand laws of general applicability.

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And yet you addressed the jar of marshmallow fluff.

The subcutaneous dye impacts likely 10X the number of children who are immune compromised.

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And again, before you argue with Mikey, understand laws of general applicability.

Damnit, I peeked. What an idiot I am.

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

In your weed-addled mind, the health exclusion is more important than the religious exclusion, because you have no interest in complying with the Bill of Rights. It's an historical oddity to you.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Because you're not intelligent and you don't know how to use the ignore function.

Duh'Razr.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

image.png.1b166fc4da427fa6ce7a7dbf8d06c883.png

Funny meme, but totally un-relevant to what I said about china.  

Same piss poor excuses that were used in the past to hold back education from kids with disabilities. It is immoral to do such things, and as a nation we have learned that even if large parts of our population cling to their immorality. Religious beliefs are a whole other kettle of fish. One can hold whatever religious beliefs one wants, however that is a decision one makes. Just as you can not refuse to be in a classroom with members of the opposite sex just because you believe your god wishes you not to, you can not refuse safety precautions because you believe your god wishes you not to. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

But it is worth discussing.  I believe I can find at least few thousand pages by googling it.

9 minutes ago, hasher said:

But it is worth discussing.  I believe I can find at least few thousand pages by googling it.

I'm sure Mikey could write a thousand pages if he goes off his mellaril again

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm sure Mikey could write a thousand pages if he goes off his mellaril again

Think of the trees! Won't somebody think of the poor trees?!!!?

• Like 1

100 new deaths in California... make that 101. 10 minutes until the close of the day.

image.thumb.png.f31f619d9140aa96a469f90e7ff8e693.png

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Indeed, that is the job of the police according to recent video evidence .  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mid said:

ain't on the foreseeable horizon .

Respectfully disagree.  I expect the Trump appointees to announce a great new vaccine breakthrough three weeks before the election, with no details.   They will begin mass inoculation (nasal so there are no dreaded needles) two weeks before election, with a second dose due immediately after.   Just before Christmas it will be leaked by formerly loyal minions the miracle vaccine was 10% holy water, 10% apple cider vinegar 10% used gun oil, diluted and colored with genuine hog manure.      

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lark said:

Respectfully disagree.  I expect the Trump appointees to announce a great new vaccine breakthrough three weeks before the election, with no details.   They will begin mass inoculation (nasal so there are no dreaded needles) two weeks before election, with a second dose due immediately after.   A couple months after he wins it will be leaked by formerly loyal minions the miracle vaccine was 10% holy water, 10% apple cider vinegar and 10% used gun oil, diluted and colored with genuine hog manure.      

and me currently outa greens .......

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

10% holy water, 10% apple cider vinegar 10% used gun oil, diluted and colored with genuine hog manure.      

What, no gin?

Just now, justsomeguy! said:

What, no gin?

Trump does have one and only one known scruple.   He doesn't approve of booze.   

1 minute ago, Lark said:

That's not a virtue?

But what do I care of what he approves?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Lark said:

"Courtsey". of an alco dad

Edited by Mid
'pellin curtsy of Justsomeguy! :)

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

Old man ease had many sayings.

"Don't trust a man who doesn't drink" rings a bell....

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Old man ease had many sayings.

"Don't trust a man who doesn't drink" rings a bell....

I go with "Abstinence is a good thing, if taken in moderation".   (Some saint who realized Jesus knew how to party)

I also liked "If a man sings too loud an Saturday night, and prays too loud on a Sunday morning, go home and lock the smokehouse immediately."   (Harry Truman's Grandpa)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

In your weed-addled mind, the health exclusion is more important than the religious exclusion, because you have no interest in complying with the Bill of Rights. It's an historical oddity to you.

Apple's to orange's.

Medicine is based on medical science,  repeatable research, testing and analysis.

The religious choose to believe anything that promises an afterlife especially better than the implied purgatory of their earthly life. They may also choose to believe their god said it is bad to eat beef, shellfish, goat cooked in goat milk, and so on depending which culture they were born into.

A belief without factual substance, in other words 'faith' should have no part in determining public health policy.

Those that disagree are welcome to set themselves up in isolated communities. They would probably enjoy life much more anyway,  being surrounded by their elk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Well you shouldn't mix adderall and alcohol.

10 hours ago, mikewof said:

I'm medically educated. 

Well fuck me,I read some articles from a auto mag last week...wheeeeeh! now I can change the timing belt in my Honda because guess what? I'm mechanically educated now!! Maybe I'll make a Youtube vid.!

What a moron.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well fuck me,I read some articles from a auto mag last week...wheeeeeh! now I can change the timing belt in my Honda because guess what? I'm mechanically educated now!! Maybe I'll make a Youtube vid.!

What a moron.

I'm starting to think he is just trolling. No one could actually be as stupid as he is and think they are so smart. 

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while is the saying but literally every post he makes is just full of shit and wrong.

A few months ago he didn't know that a virus destroys cells. But he was happy to lecture us on epidemiology

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

What a moron.

If you can actually change the timing belt in your Honda than you in fact are "mechanically educated."

Have you ever actually changed the timing belt though? It's not easy, in fact, depending on your Honda is really hard, you have to take off a lot of components to get at it, and the timing marks are critical, if the valves move while you're doing it, you can have real problems. I can rebuild some engines, but doing the timing belt is -- in my opinion -- one of the hardest parts of that process.

But to your "moron" thing, you might also consider that I do work and publish in the area of public health and a few areas of medical physics. So I get that you simply assume, in that innocent child-like way that you have the entire world must have roughly close to your own level of expertise as a library worker, but in this particular area, you might consider that there are people with a different level of training in general than you might have.

As I stated before however, if you were in fact willing to actually read peer reviewed journals, look up terms that you don't recognize, recreate statistical models in your own copy of Excel, and have some basic understanding of the processes, then you would be "educated" as well.

However -- and please don't take offense at this -- but I have not seen this level of effort from you. You seem to embrace these shitfights while apparently making little to no actual effort to improve your own level of expertise. Yes, you have opinions on politics, but your opinions on science are that of a child. And please don't take offense at that, it's just my observation.

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

I'm starting to think he is just trolling. No one could actually be as stupid as he is and think they are so smart. 

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while is the saying but literally every post he makes is just full of shit and wrong.

A few months ago he didn't know that a virus destroys cells. But he was happy to lecture us on epidemiology

Part of the problem here is that you're still apparently ignorant that cells can be infected with any number of viruses and not be "destroyed" in the slightest.

You are a fully accredited, Registered Nurse, right? I used to teach physics to nursing students. Didn't you receive any education in basic microbiology? This might help you, as a basic primer, though it's written in a physics resource ... https://phys.org/news/2020-04-defense-viruses-harmless-beneficial.html

6 hours ago, dfw_sailor said:

Apple's to orange's.

Medicine is based on medical science,  repeatable research, testing and analysis.

The religious choose to believe anything that promises an afterlife especially better than the implied purgatory of their earthly life. They may also choose to believe their god said it is bad to eat beef, shellfish, goat cooked in goat milk, and so on depending which culture they were born into.

A belief without factual substance, in other words 'faith' should have no part in determining public health policy.

Those that disagree are welcome to set themselves up in isolated communities. They would probably enjoy life much more anyway,  being surrounded by their elk.

Effective public health policy has to consider the population. If there are medical practices that are incompatible with common religious mores, then they need to be considered in how they impact that policy. The subcutaneous dye marker as a precursor to common vaccines may be one of the these cases. There are others, for instance circumcision, late term abortions, birth control, blood transfusions, pharma components made from animal components, opioids, and others.

You may not want "faith" to determine public health policy. But the reality is that effective public health policy absolutely has to consider how it interacts with a population's faith. I have experience with certain organic filters used to clear coliform bacteria from contaminated water sources in Africa. Due to tribal considerations and also Muslim restrictions, a change from a bone char filter to a sand filter increased the efficacy of the method because it was more readily adopted by the populations.

You may reject that, but ineffective public health policy is a waste of time, money and ultimately lives that could have been saved with effective policy.

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Well without his delusions he wouldn't be nearly so entertaining would he? so there is that.

Mike's just one of those people that so craves recognition, he just can't stop exaggerating his involvement or expertise or success. Rather like Trump.

Very like Trump.

It's probably pretty harmless in Mike, I doubt he does it in his professional life, he'd get discovered pretty fast.

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well without his delusions he wouldn't be nearly so entertaining would he? so there is that.

Mike's just one of those people that so craves recognition, he just can't stop exaggerating his involvement or expertise or success. Rather like Trump.

Very like Trump.

It's probably pretty harmless in Mike, I doubt he does it in his professional life, he'd get discovered pretty fast.

Unlike you, I don't post here with any level of anonymity. So any "claim" that I've made here is fully coherent with my publications and experience.

You're welcome to look through some of my publications and find any "exaggeration" to anything I've discussed here and claimed expertise. Link.

15 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Never peek. Just know that google has expanded “Google Expert” to include “Google Bullshitter”. 
No Peeking, Know Peace. 

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Never peek. Just know that google has expanded “Google Expert” to include “Google Bullshitter”. 
No Peeking, Know Peace. 

In your case, you have convinced yourself of expertise based largely on a retrofitted bread truck, a goofy fat-guy vibe and some random business experience. (And yes Clean, that's all stuff he has posted here over the years, so it's not "personal information", it's just someone's desire to be an anti First Amendment enabler.)

The fact that you're apparently unable to connect the abundance of "cases" with the emerging abundance of highly profitable test kits, exposes your goofy fat guy vibe as actually a scientifically illiterate fat guy vibe. But you and Gator are buddies, so perhaps you can reconcile this ignorance as your "online persona."

The biggest actual difference between THIS pandemic and a shit-ton of earlier pandemics is that this one came to the USA, and having finally confronted your own miserable chances to live forever, you are unable to see the forest for the trees.

Nobody lives forever. Deal with that, asswipe. And life is sometimes filled with death and agony. Deal with that too, wipeass. Goofy, illiterate, over-the-hump men and women have been dying from Mother Nature's vast collection of infections since evolution created Homo Sapiens.

But like Gator with his racks and racks of failed University of Florida football dominance predictions, you'll walk away from your own failures with little memory of them ever happening, like a golden retriever who takes a shit on a dictionary.

I can’t speak for other countries, I don’t know enough. 

The US is double doomed.     We of course have been attacking science for well over a generation in school, over issues like evolution.   Then we attacked it over climate change.    It was easy to attack reality again when this outbreak occurred .   Republicans easily embraced masks as a liberal agenda, possibly to protect facial recognition software.

The other side is our economic system, especially vulnerable to disruptions of this kind,  Those with health insurance depend on their jobs to keep it.   Even our medical records are optimized for insurance companies, not case management,    Many individuals and companies are deep in debt.   Hertz, JCrew and other big names have been sucked and saddled by the vulture capitalists.   Small businesses need acquisition and equipment money too, if they are to compete with the big players.   Employees not only have their vehicle on credit, but their vacation as well.    Then the fridge breaks.    Few can survive without income for long, or even reduced revenue.  I suspect the Influenza shutdowns were more survivable in this respect.   Records are limited, but they clearly caused a recession anyway.   It would have been worse if our economy hadn’t been on a wartime footing as it started.

So we refuse to accept reality on a deadly virus.    Our economy is structured in a way that makes a time out very painful,   The reason we have so much debt is because some have so much money.    They can’t possibly spend it as fast as it grows, so they rent it out.   They created ever new demand as they keep needing to find use for more and more money,    The half percent are at risk of being defaulted on, so they’re desperate to keep the cash flowing.   I can cite every statement but not the final conclusion.       

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lark said:

I can’t speak for other countries, I don’t know enough. 

The US is double doomed.     We of course have been attacking science for well over a generation in school, over issues like evolution.   Then we attacked it over climate change.    It was easy to attack reality again when this outbreak occurred .   Republicans easily embraced masks as a liberal agenda, possibly to protect facial recognition software.

The other side is our economic system, especially vulnerable to disruptions of this kind,  Those with health insurance depend on their jobs to keep it.   Even our medical records are optimized for insurance companies, not case management,    Many individuals and companies are deep in debt.   Hertz, JCrew and other big names have been sucked and saddled by the vulture capitalists.   Small businesses need acquisition and equipment money too, if they are to compete with the big players.   Employees not only have their vehicle on credit, but their vacation as well.    Then the fridge breaks.    Few can survive without income for long, or even reduced revenue.  I suspect the Influenza shutdowns were more survivable in this respect.   Records are limited, but they clearly caused a recession anyway.   It would have been worse if our economy hadn’t been on a wartime footing as it started.

So we refuse to accept reality on a deadly virus.    Our economy is structured in a way that makes a time out very painful,   The reason we have so much debt is because some have so much money.    They can’t possibly spend it as fast as it grows, so they rent it out.   They created ever new demand as they keep needing to find use for more and more money,    The half percent are at risk of being defaulted on, so they’re desperate to keep the cash flowing.   I can cite every statement but not the final conclusion.       

Agreed. The most frustrating thing for me is that wearing masks alone would allow most businesses to operate as they had before, with the rest of the impact mostly falling on restaurants and bars with indoor seating. If we had a good nationwide test and trace program, even those impacts could have been limited. We screwed ourselves over both in terms of public health and wealth, all to create a wedge issue for an election. The wedge issue having been created is actually working against it's creators now, but we still have to deal with it's fallout for the next 6 months or more.

• Like 2