Remodel

One month after opening, Covid 19 spiking

48 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Add it to the indictments

The Trump government is the number one obstacle to medicine getting this pandemic under control. 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:13 AM, Swimsailor said:

Countywide mask mandate for starters.  Then have a sheriff who would actually enforce it.  Hold BYU and UVU accountable for people throwing parties advertised specifically to spread the virus.  Increase testing sites available (they’ve been shutting them down). Increase contact tracing.  Shut down the 4 schools in the district with outbreaks.  Close Utah Lake State Park for 2 weeks.  

Sounds reasonable to me.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Swimsailor said:

Countywide mask mandate for starters.  Then have a sheriff who would actually enforce it.  Hold BYU and UVU accountable for people throwing parties advertised specifically to spread the virus.  Increase testing sites available (they’ve been shutting them down). Increase contact tracing.  Shut down the 4 schools in the district with outbreaks.  Close Utah Lake State Park for 2 weeks.  

Buht mah rats!

Looks like Brix has had enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/deborah-birx-white-house-task-force/index.html

According to people familiar with her thinking, Birx views Dr. Scott Atlas, a recent addition to the task force, as an unhealthy influence on President Donald Trump'sthinking when it comes to the virus. 
"The President has found somebody who matches what he wants to believe," a source close to Birx said of her view of Atlas's relationship with Trump. "There is no doubt that she feels that her role has been diminished."
Brix believes Atlas is feeding the President misleading information about the efficacy of face masks for controlling the spread of the virus, the source said.

Just thought we should keep things in perspective. 200K really isn't bad when you see the scale of disasters this century. Unfortunately, they left out the Bolling Green Massacre.

119993211_10222135958642420_3981346852319613129_n.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Swimsailor said:

Ontario got back over 400 cases a day for a few days, although around 360 today and the authorities are taking actions. Group sizes, indoor and out, have been reduced. At a house party yesterday which was larger than allowed, all the people present got CA$880 tickets. Would make me question the next invite.

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fauci is pissed. He certainly abandoned his tactic of carefully guarded words to avoid getting sacked. I'd be surprised if he lasts a week after that lambasting of of Trump sycophant.

What does Fauci know? He certainly isn’t a real authority like Q-Anon,  much less an OphthalmLOLogist. 

215K US covid deaths now, Bullshitters.  And those are just the one we admit. That's quite a democRAT hoax! 

It's that time of the month again ...

So, one more month after another month after yet another month after that month after one month after ... any improvements to report?

I know, I am sorry.

This is not funny. But hysterical, it sure is.

And that the orange one's tweeted that people shouldn't be afraid of it...

My prediction of excess deaths in the 300k range for 2020... is going to end up being way too low... isn't it. 

13 minutes ago, frenchie said:

My prediction of excess deaths in the 300k range for 2020... is going to end up being way too low... isn't it. 

Aren’t we already close? Wasn’t it 260k a month back?

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Aren’t we already close? Wasn’t it 260k a month back?

Yeah.  I have accepted that it was low; now I'm realizing it's gonna be way low.

32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Let's hope so, even if Republicans seem to want to break records.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Let's hope so, even if Republicans seem to want to break records.

They are just doing their own personal interpretation of the Jim Jones platform.

• Like 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

They are just doing their own personal interpretation of the Jim Jones platform.

Sure seems like it.

60k new cases confirmed today, bullshitters. It still doesn’t look like bullshit stops a virus. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

60k new cases confirmed today, bullshitters. It still doesn’t look like bullshit stops a virus. 

I doubt Trump will campaign on the "boy, did I fuck this one up" strategy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

I thought that was what he was doing. And proud of it.

Field hospitals being built in Wisconsin. Trump's holding a rally there on Saturday. 

I suppose that's OK, he thinks he's immune.

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Field hospitals being built in Wisconsin. Trump's holding a rally there on Saturday. 

I suppose that's OK, he thinks he's immune.

But someone in Biden’s family uses email!  

14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Donnie will have to grind up a whole lotta babies to inject fetus juice in 60,000 a day

With two of Harris' campaign staff now testing positive, they have to take a page out of the Republican playbook:

The infected Trump campaign seeded the Harris campaign with COVID-spreading operatives! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

With two of Harris' campaign staff now testing positive, they have to take a page out of the Republican playbook: 

The infected Trump campaign seeded the Harris campaign with COVID-spreading operatives! 

WEll, I, personally,never said that. But I did think it once or twice. Thinkign about it, it woudl be an easy trick to pull on the opposing party. But unless you have a smoking gun, o one could ever prove it.

2 hours ago, We are Rimas! said:

WEll, I, personally,never said that. But I did think it once or twice. Thinkign about it, it woudl be an easy trick to pull on the opposing party. But unless you have a smoking gun, o one could ever prove it.

Since when does anybody need proof today?  The more outrageous, the more believers.  Don't forget about the pedophile pizza lady baking kids in her pizza oven. 

19 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

He's going with the I'm immune and you can be immune too but first you have to get sick and possibly die strategy.

Just talked with my dad in FL who I love and who is a super big Trump Fox News guy now, and is on chemo. He is literally on his way out to dinner, as we speak. Regeneron! Woohoo!!!

Whole thing is seriously ass fucked IMHO. 

2 hours ago, We are Rimas! said:

A la 12 Monkeys?  Fortunately the Biden campaign aren’t a bunch of Trump Virus deniers and follow proper safety protocols.  They’d just infect themselves like they’re doing already.  

https://www.wpr.org/covid-19-field-hospital-wisconsin-state-fair-park-opens-wednesday

Wardodo has already made a reservation.

38 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

He's going with the I'm immune and you can be immune too but first you have to get sick and possibly die strategy.

....Without the no expense spared presidential private care and experimental drug cocktail therapy, which might also kill you...... if you can afford it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Just talked with my dad in FL who I love and who is a super big Trump Fox News guy now, and is on chemo. He is literally on his way out to dinner, as we speak. Regeneron! Woohoo!!!

I hope he created a fat spillover trust for you 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Whole thing is seriously ass fucked IMHO. 

I wish your father well.  I don't know what part of Florida he lives in but in NE FL, places are absolutely packed (100% allowed) and mask use, even when there is a "sign" at the door, is casual at best.  Difficult to eat, drink and yell above the crowd with a mask I guess.  I expect a big spike in Florida soon from the behavior of people that just don't seem to care.  Hopefully I am wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I wish your father well.  I don't know what part of Florida he lives in but in NE FL, places are absolutely packed (100% allowed) and mask use, even when there is a "sign" at the door, is casual at best.  Difficult to eat, drink and yell above the crowd with a mask I guess.  I expect a big spike in Florida soon from the behavior of people that just don't seem to care.  Hopefully I am wrong.

Same here, just to your south, and get ready because Biketoberfest is going on right now.  We were already surging and now we have a mask averse group of Freedom Fighters coming in from all kinds of other places where they practice the same mask behavior. Good times!

• Like 1

Thank you. He’s in the Daytona area. He has been scared about it but is more easily influenced than in the past and it seems like a combo of corona fatigue and too many tough guy voices saying it’s not that bad. The vigilance has slipped. My whole family moved to FL over the years, all over the state. Glad to be in Maine personally.

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Same here, just to your south, and get ready because Biketoberfest is going on right now.  We were already surging and now we have a mask averse group of Freedom Fighters coming in from all kinds of other places where they practice the same mask behavior. Good times!

Fucking PhD pieces of shit.  

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Looking good, Bullshitters. 

43265940-50D3-4CB1-ACAC-71FA22444536.jpeg

Obviously you have not seen all the "Trump 2020   No More Bullshit" flags in the marina.  They must have bought a case of them.

Are  relatively  sort of successful people really that incapable of reason?  What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Obviously you have not seen all the "Trump 2020   No More Bullshit" flags in the marina.  They must have bought a case of them.

Are  relatively  sort of successful people really that incapable of reason?  What am I missing?

Cretinitude.

15 minutes ago, bridhb said:

What am I missing?

They may still hope for a drainage of the swamp.

I know I do, but Trump's shown his ineptitude regarding that effort.

Geez.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 8.58.54 PM.png

Today's case count stands at 71,687.  Fasten your seatbelts.

It’s almost like Faucindidnt warn about a fall spike 

47 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Cretinitude.

damn, you made me have to look that up

35 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

They may still hope for a drainage of the swamp.

I know I do, but Trump's shown his ineptitude regarding that effort.

He drained it and built a luxury condo development with golf courses for the swamp inhabitants using Russian money.....no need to hide in the swamp anymore.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, Jules said:

Since when does anybody need proof today?  The more outrageous, the more believers.  Don't forget about the pedophile pizza lady baking kids in her pizza oven. 

EZ bake oven?

3 hours ago, bridhb said:

He drained it and built a luxury condo development with golf courses for the swamp inhabitants using Russian money.....no need to hide in the swamp anymore.

That swamp is still there. Don't lie to yourself.

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Geez.  

71k, bullshitters. That’s quite a hoax. 

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Geez.  

If you look at this as a graph, the second spike (Jun 14- Jul 24), is almost identical to the first spike (Mar 18 - Apr 11).  If the next spike follows this trend, we'll be seeing some brutal numbers coming up.

1 hour ago, Jules said:
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If you look at this as a graph, the second spike (Jun 14- Jul 24), is almost identical to the first spike (Mar 18 - Apr 11).  If the next spike follows this trend, we'll be seeing some brutal numbers coming up.

Linear trend would be 120k+ new cases per day, early November-ish. Exponential trend would be double or possibly triple that. Figure, if new cases double every three days, in a country of 330 million, the up ramp can be very long and steep.

What is the mortality rate when there are a million new cases per day and there is not only no room at the hospital, there is simply no health care available?

Trump wants to find out. He believes he's immune, and even if he isn't he will get the best possible care.

- DSK

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Linear trend would be 120k+ new cases per day, early November-ish. Exponential trend would be double or possibly triple that. Figure, if new cases double every three days, in a country of 330 million, the up ramp can be very long and steep.

What is the mortality rate when there are a million new cases per day and there is not only no room at the hospital, there is simply no health care available?

Trump wants to find out. He believes he's immune, and even if he isn't he will get the best possible care.

- DSK

If Trump loses, he'll have until January to shoulder the blame for the next spike, though we all know he'll never accept responsibility.  But in that time, Biden & company can repeatedly talk about what a mess they are inheriting. 

Will they?  Probably not.  They will wait until after Biden takes office to blame Trump and by then it will be too late.

8,140,728 U.S. cases and 219,599 deaths.

So far...

Spin that up bullshitters.

220,020 deaths as o this morning.

Tired of winning yet?

On 10/17/2020 at 6:21 PM, Shortforbob said:
Getting ready to land in Muskegon, Michigan. Another giant crowd.

GIANT RED WAVE COMING!
image.jpeg.d99c543a1008ea581a8f737849994d95.jpeg

Muskegon is a great sailing venue, but not known for producing Nobel laureates.  One of the Hanson brothers (Slap Shot) was from Muskegon.  I drove from Port Huron back to Detroit this afternoon.  Trump signs outnumbered Biden by 4:1.  That bothered me until I realized that every house that didn't have a sign, was supporting Biden.  Why would you put a sign on your lawn and risk retaliation from the idiots who support Trump?  Trump will step on his dick every day this week and his head will explode Thursday night.  I'm enjoying the meltdown.  Any confirmation that he's going to put Dr. Phil in charge of the Pandemic Task Force?

Based on the success of Sturgis for spreading COVID across the Midwest, Florida decided to go ahead with Biketoberfest. Yay, business!

5019A213-0DE7-45BD-AF37-65F767E1D85B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Based on the success of Sturgis for spreading COVID across the Midwest, Florida decided to go ahead with Biketoberfest. Yay, business!

5019A213-0DE7-45BD-AF37-65F767E1D85B.jpeg

Cursory look, but not a mask in the crowd.  Is the pic from this year?

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Cursory look, but not a mask in the crowd.  Is the pic from this year?

This past weekend. 

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This past weekend. 

Fuck, be careful, there are idiots amongst you...more than usual.  

On 10/16/2020 at 3:41 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Looking good, Bullshitters. 

43265940-50D3-4CB1-ACAC-71FA22444536.jpeg

Since when has facts been important to bullshitters?

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Fuck, be careful, there are idiots amongst you...more than usual.  

The problem is the current spike/wave/whatever it's called is being driven primarily by teens and young adults ignoring mask and SD guidelines.  And those idiots span the breadth of both political spectrums.  It's the fucking narcissistic Gen Y and Z fuckwits that think they're invincible who are the main problem here.  Maybe it's a conspiracy they all hatched on tiktok to kill off all the boomers and get their inheritance early.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

The problem is the current spike/wave/whatever it's called is being driven primarily by teens and young adults ignoring mask and SD guidelines.  And those idiots span the breadth of both political spectrums.  It's the fucking narcissistic Gen Y and Z fuckwits that think they're invincible who are the main problem here.  Maybe it's a conspiracy they all hatched on tiktok to kill off all the boomers and get their inheritance early.

Gen Y and Z fuckwits aren’t at Sturgis, Daytona or Trump rallies.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Fuck the boomers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Fuck the boomers

What we really need is Woodstock 2020. With lots of brown acid.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

No it isn't. It's the idiots supposed to be leading your country failing.

It's gen Zs parents failing to set examples.

Kids will be kids unless the Grown ups lead.

It's our generations failure.

Do they ever take responsibility?? for anything?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Good. We need to weed out some of the dead weight like you.

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

1/2 correct. The other half is bunch of rubes that are 35-55, barely have enough to get by, think 'Capitalism' (whatever that is) will make them 'self-made' rich tomorrow,  congregate at Trump rallies and other religious large events, and are equally culpable  of  ignoring guidelines. 

We have had a wave of burglaries in our community.

One person had a handgun stolen from their unlocked car. I commented, "Thanks for arming a criminal" and as expected, there was an outburst of "My Fucking RIGHTS!!!!" from the usual idiots. Here, I keep my rat poison in a box marked 'cookies' for the same reason.... my own convenience, and fuck you!

Childish dumbasses cannot function as citizens. They don't even want to try

- DSK

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Gen Y and Z fuckwits aren’t at Sturgis, Daytona or Trump rallies.

Well, given Europe doesn’t have trump rallies, Sturgis and Daytona - it seems the young adults there, just like here, are driving the spike. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-08-13/why-young-adults-are-driving-europe-s-coronavirus-curve

In parts of Europe, new coronavirus cases have been creeping up again. While this is by no means a second wave, and case numbers are still lower than they were before, an interesting demographic pattern has started to emerge.

Whereas elderly populations had the greatest share of new cases early in the crisis, younger age groups are now taking the lead. People aged between 20 and 39 account for about 35% to 40% of new cases in England, Belgium and the Netherlands. In Spain, 15- to 29-year-olds account for more than a fifth of new cases. The charts below illustrate the shift, using the date that bars and pubs reopened in each country as the dividing line for gauging how things evolved as restrictions were lifted.

But social-distancing fatigue is also a big factor, especially in age groups that don’t feel at risk. Anyone who’s been near an urban green space or pub recently has seen the signs: Huge groups drinking not quite a meter (3.3 feet) apart; friends sharing a cigarette; hugs and kisses as people meet up for the first time in months. The WHO has even pleaded with the world’s youth “to resist their urge to party.” 

soooo..... @Shortforbob is it really the parents here who are the problem?  Or the govt not leading enough?

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

39 is a young adult?

Failure to launch, kinda like BB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

We have had a wave of burglaries in our community.

One person had a handgun stolen from their unlocked car. I commented, "Thanks for arming a criminal" and as expected, there was an outburst of "My Fucking RIGHTS!!!!" from the usual idiots. Here, I keep my rat poison in a box marked 'cookies' for the same reason.... my own convenience, and fuck you!

Childish dumbasses cannot function as citizens. They don't even want to try

- DSK

Agree. And these assholes vote. 

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Failure to launch, kinda like BB

Could be. Could also just be regular people. 20-39 is just adults. Seems stupid, but totally on Jeffreauxs brand, to blame working age people.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Could be. Could also just be regular people. 20-39 is just adults. Seems stupid, but totally on Jeffreauxs brand, to blame working age people.

I didn't blame anyone.  I posted a news article that blamed them for being irresponsible.  

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I didn't blame anyone.  I posted a news article that blamed them for being irresponsible.  

You posted an opinion piece written by a social media manager, not a news article, dumbfuck. And it’s from August. Are you joining soreass on the dementia train?

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

39 is a young adult?

And that youthful adult's parents are to blame!

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You posted an opinion piece written by a social media manager, not a news article, dumbfuck. And it’s from August. Are you joining soreass on the dementia train?

Sorry, I missed the date on that.  I wondered why they were saying it was a small uptick when the latest news was a full on 2nd wave.  

Here's a more current news story:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/europes-covid-fight-has-a-new-target-the-youth-11601553600

As Covid-19 Spreads Among Youth, Europe’s Governments Move to End the Party

Restrictions are being reshaped to match the younger profile of newly infected Younger people are driving the current surge in Covid-19 cases across Europe, forcing governments to re-engineer pandemic-fighting plans forged in the spring when different demographics prevailed.

Younger people are driving the current surge in Covid-19 cases across Europe, forcing governments to re-engineer pandemic-fighting plans forged in the spring when different demographics prevailed.  

Across the continent, people aged 15 to 49 currently make up about 80% of carriers who test positive for the coronavirus compared with 50% at the peak of the first wave earlier this year, according to the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.

One concern is what the World Health Organization has called “pandemic fatigue.” A representative survey conducted by Hamburg University in seven European countries including Germany, the U.K., France and Italy found that fewer people were complying with distance and hygiene rules. In Germany, where compliance has been high, now only 45% of people said they follow distance regulations, and 58% avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes, down from 59% and 77% in April.

“A certain amount of fatigue can be seen when following the rules,” Professor Jonas Schreyögg , who oversaw the study, said.

Most European countries have targeted the new rules at situations in which younger people tend to drop their guard, closing partying venues and limiting alcohol consumption. And in an attempt to limit the economic impact of the tightening, some have adopted an even narrower focus, concentrating on the most susceptible groups, including university students.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

Sorry, I missed the date on that.  I wondered why they were saying it was a small uptick when the latest news was a full on 2nd wave.  

Here's a more current news story:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/europes-covid-fight-has-a-new-target-the-youth-11601553600

October 1? Fail. Try again. And 49 isn’t “young”.

You've chosen to ignore content by Mismoyled Jiblet.. Options 

Ahhh, that's better.  I should have done this long ago.  Buh bye, george.