Post em' if ya got em.

20200607_033303.thumb.jpg.daf76f61c139e8b990f17498e4cfff31.jpg

Benji / Ichi

20200601_164521.thumb.jpg.30b1ebe480aa06e52f703c0bdddc3bbd.jpg

Benji

• Like 2

• Like 1

89257576_102892154600588_4034970105998437134_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=NjTeyq_Uy0AAX-C8ZzZ&oh=f9ce1f8b8c9259e47ffa0282940901c2&oe=5F07A0D4

I cal this one 'The Magic Mirror'.

• Like 1

Very cute! <3

Here's "Yin/Yang"

IMG_20200109_140614_262.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vaeredil said:

Very cute! <3

Here's "Yin/Yang"

:lol:  Perfect!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I love the juxtaposition of the sleeping man cuddling a cat, and the testosterone laden fisherman with one fight won, but still battling nature, in the Winslow Homer painting in the background. 

Pure gold!   

• Like 1

take it to multihull anarchy (yeah, i know... wrong kind of cat) :P

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.0eed261e801af8a1051d069973e3819c.png

42 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

On SA? GIve me a break...

Claire’s so tripped out I can’t stop watching.  

Covid fatigue.

Hey @Fah Kiew Tu would you like to provide your thoughts on cats here :ph34r:

Astro where's your "man eating popcorn" gif?

2 hours ago, Alhadder said:

Hey @Fah Kiew Tu would you like to provide your thoughts on cats here :ph34r:

Astro where's your "man eating popcorn" gif?

Cats are fine - in their place.

Which, if they're on my property (or my neighbours') is in a cat trap or the sights of a rifle.

No problem, mon....

FKT

I'm watching two queens and eight kittens for a friend in the hospital.  He does not want the kittens to go to a kill shelter and he'd like me to take one or two.

I don't want indoor cats and the coyotes would soon kill any outdoor cats here. I have no solution for the kittens but will pay for neutering the queens when the time is right.

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

I'm watching two queens and eight kittens for a friend in the hospital.  He does not want the kittens to go to a kill shelter and he'd like me to take one or two.

I don't want indoor cats and the coyotes would soon kill any outdoor cats here. I have no solution for the kittens but will pay for neutering the queens when the time is right.

https://www.paws.org/about/

Try these guys.  Kittens are eminently "adoptable" .  

• Like 1

3gj2xzF.jpg

Only two left now, cancer got Geordie, the one in front. 

• Like 2

Any time I see more than one cat together, I know one of them is about to start acting like an asshole.

• Like 1

Don't have a pic here but last year we adopted two 11 year old females, from a young lady who had owned them since kittens. In her 20's now, she lives in a tiny apartment in Stamford, CT but spends most of her time in Manhattan, so the cats were cooped up alone most days and nights.  She felt bad for them and a mutual friend new we were looking for two mature cats, NOT kittens, and would provide a suitable home for them.  We don't want them loose outside with coyotes and such, and Missus BB claims to have seen a Bobcat cross our yard a few weeks ago.  The orange one is called Sunny, and grey one is Shady.   When the gal came with her father to bring them to us, he said we could change their names, but that's simply not done, with boats or cats in our family.  Shady stays inside mostly but is starting venture out to the large screened porch and larger deck with 6 bird feeders to entertain them, where Sunny spends most days, and sometimes keeps the squirrels off the feeders, and tries to catch birds, but she is fat and slow, so mostly they are safe, although she did get one goldfinch a while ago.  

Doesn't this belong in PA ?

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

Doesn't this belong in PA ?

Claire’s Korean and am not sure if discussing Korean Cat Mores is acceptable with her.  I’ll ask and get back on this.

Brought up with flushing dogs, mostly Labs...

As a sales guy, I could never have a dog, so had cats instead! 

As of late, my preference is to rescue brothers or sisters. My most recent pair (Dec 2019) are Bullseye Tabby brothers and are primarily outdoor cats. They  only sleep and eat indoors... Haven't scooped cat shit in years! Outdoor cat's life expectancy is 5-7 years or half life of an indoor cat.

Which would you prefer? 100% real cat life for 50% life expectancy or 100% of a fake cat life for 100% life span... I choose the previous. The food chain seeks a balance!

The Brothers and they patrol together!

First pic is night 2, barely 3 months old. Other pics are at 9 months as of todayish...

IMG_20191215_104533.jpg

IMG_20200606_144915.jpg

IMG_20200515_180704.jpg

IMG_20200531_171435.jpg

IMG_20200531_171442.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Liquid said:

As of late, my preference is to rescue brothers or sisters. My most recent pair (Dec 2019) are Bullseye Tabby brothers and are primarily outdoor cats. They  only sleep and eat indoors... Haven't scooped cat shit in years! Outdoor cat's life expectancy is 5-7 years or half life of an indoor cat.

Which would you prefer? 100% real cat life for 50% life expectancy or 100% of a fake cat life for 100% life span... I choose the previous. The food chain seeks a balance!

First pic is night 2, barely 3 months old. Other pics are at 9 months as of todayish...

IMG_20191215_104533.jpg

IMG_20200606_144915.jpg

Awesome pics!!  Our girls will occasionally groom one another....

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.5e71d5648117c822fa808b9f18ab6511.png

Rescued from a gas station parking lot on a sleety cold December evening a yer and a half ago. The sweetest little grungy filthy kitty . Took him to the vets and got him a boat load of meds for all his ailments (Mostly caused by neglect and being abandoned in the cold). He didn't like to go outside much. Just long enough to pee or poo. He loved to sit in the window and watch the birds at the feeder.

He died this morning lying at my wife's feet as she was getting ready to go off to work at 2AM. He just lay down stretched, and stopped breathing....

At least the last year and a half of his life were good. He'll be missed.

R.I.P. LGK (Pronounced "El Gee-kay")

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.c05225cee20066ade0a5b3fb5d4dcb90.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Liquid said:

Some very sweet cats you have there.

I have 2 Labs and 2 cats.

My Labs are 8 and 11 and are house dogs.  They never learned to flush.  But I suppose you don't mean the toilet.  At any rate, they don't flush either way.  Hell the younger one won't even swim.

One of our cats is an indoor/outdoor cat, Connie,  the other is a feral cat, Czaruszka that had chosen us about 8 years ago to provide food, and shelter in the garage in cold and inclement weather, and will submit to the occasional snuggle and petting session.  Connie had a sister, Rosie from the same litter, we got them from our vet about 10 years ago.  Rosie hated Connie and would chase her all over the  house.    Rosie passed away 2 years ago, either cancer or some kind of liver failure.  She was ill one day, we took her to the vet the next day but it was too late  I think Connie poisoned her sister but I can't prove it.  All I know is Connie looked very smug and happy after her sister passed, and has been much more affectionate ever since.   Connie doesn't like Czarnuszka but because Czarnuszka is a feral cat that has survived for 8 years mostly outside, she is far too smart to fall for any trick Connie might use to poison her as well.

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Some very sweet cats you have there.

I have 2 Labs and 2 cats.

My Labs are 8 and 11 and are house dogs.  They never learned to flush.  But I suppose you don't mean the toilet.  At any rate, they don't flush either way.  Hell the younger one won't even swim.

One of our cats is an indoor/outdoor cat, Connie,  the other is a feral cat, Czaruszka that had chosen us about 8 years ago to provide food, and shelter in the garage in cold and inclement weather, and will submit to the occasional snuggle and petting session.  Connie had a sister, Rosie from the same litter, we got them from our vet about 10 years ago.  Rosie hated Connie and would chase her all over the  house.    Rosie passed away 2 years ago, either cancer or some kind of liver failure.  She was ill one day, we took her to the vet the next day but it was too late  I think Connie poisoned her sister but I can't prove it.  All I know is Connie looked very smug and happy after her sister passed, and has been much more affectionate ever since.   Connie doesn't like Czarnuszka but because Czarnuszka is a feral cat that has survived for 8 years mostly outside, she is far too smart to fall for any trick Connie might use to poison her as well.

Starsky and Hutch thank you!

My next go round will be 2 kittens and a puppy brought up at the same time!

You have a lab that won't swim - huh!?  My fathers labs would retrieve a ball from LIS in February!!

Keeping them out of the water was the challenge!

image.jpeg.de8e4254bac36de14f7b9fbf63a48d22.jpeg

2 hours ago, Liquid said:

You have a lab that won't swim - huh!?  My fathers labs would retrieve a ball from LIS in February!!

Keeping them out of the water was the challenge!

My male yellow Lab Stanley will go in any water, from puddles to an ice cold lake.  He loves it. it's Bella the chocolate girl that is the problem.  I think it is because when she was just a little puppy, knee high to a Corgi, we went to the little lake behind out house.  Stanley went right in and Bella seeing the big guy in the water, ran and took a flying leap into the water.  And disappeared under it.  A moment later her head appeared, she sputtered, shook her head and swam to shore as fast as she could.  She will walk in the shallow water up to her belly, but she won't go any deeper.  I have taken her into deeper water and she will quickly swim back to shore as well as any Lab, I mean that's what they were born to do right?  OK, besides eating and sleeping which they both excel at.  She just doesn't like to swim.

At least they get along better than the cats do.  But the dogs and cats get along fine.

image.png.72f2291adbfc7531e097fc5cd47b1931.png

• Like 2

I thought this thread was about cats. My mistake. Never mind.

Here's my two. The second one loves to stretch out on the window ledge behind the sofa. Also loves tummy rubs more than any cat I've ever had. I'm sadly allergic to dogs, so I've learned to like cats.

Phoebe.jpg

Frieda.jpg

• Like 3

Bad Dog.  Taking his own selfie.

A well-earned name.  Would venture anywhere.  Loved construction.  Had no fear of chain saws or table saws.  Rode the top of the blade of the bulldozer when my neighbor was digging out his foundation.  Watched the tree surgeon lop off branches with a chain saw...from on the branch.  Learned how to turn on the oven so he could curl up on top and be toasty.

Never spoke but had about 20 things he rattled/made noise with to communicate his requests.  We learned them.

He sat on a chair at the table at our neighbor's Thanksgiving dinner every year.  Had his own place setting.

Bad Dog.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Bad Dog.  Taking his own selfie.

A well-earned name.  Would venture anywhere.  Loved construction.  Had no fear of chain saws or table saws.  Rode the top of the blade of the bulldozer when my neighbor was digging out his foundation.  Watched the tree surgeon lop off branches with a chain saw...from on the branch.  Learned how to turn on the oven so he could curl up on top and be toasty.

Never spoke but had about 20 things he rattle/made noise with to communicate his requests.  We learned them.

He sat on a chair at the table at our neighbor's Thanksgiving dinner every year.  Had his own place setting.

Bad Dog.jpg

:lol:

Unfortunately he died from injuries sustained when a guy started up his pick-up truck and he was sleeping on the warm engine block.  Radiator fan got some licks in before he got out of there.  Another neighbor found him nursing his wounds lying in his toolbox.  

I swear that cat should have had opposable thumbs.  

LGK never "meowed" He had a bad sinus infection when we picked him up (actually he just jumped into my wife's car) at the gas station, so he snorted, and rasped, and chirruped.  Only time I ever heard him do something like a meow was the time I stepped on his tail, and that was more of a "YEEOW!!!" than a meow.

I miss him. He was a good kitty..... This time last night he was pestering me for more food....

7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I thought this thread was about cats. My mistake. Never mind.

This is SA.  Thread drift happens.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

My male yellow Lab Stanley will go in any water, from puddles to an ice cold lake.  He loves it. it's Bella the chocolate girl that is the problem.  I think it is because when she was just a little puppy, knee high to a Corgi, we went to the little lake behind out house.  Stanley went right in and Bella seeing the big guy in the water, ran and took a flying leap into the water.  And disappeared under it.  A moment later her head appeared, she sputtered, shook her head and swam to shore as fast as she could.  She will walk in the shallow water up to her belly, but she won't go any deeper.  I have taken her into deeper water and she will quickly swim back to shore as well as any Lab, I mean that's what they were born to do right?  OK, besides eating and sleeping which they both excel at.  She just doesn't like to swim.

At least they get along better than the cats do.  But the dogs and cats get along fine.

image.png.72f2291adbfc7531e097fc5cd47b1931.png

Makes sense. My dad did toss one of his adolescent labs into the water from the dock. He wouldn't go on the dock after that! Took him years to get over it. My brother's lab had a bad fall down the stairs as a puppy, 6 years later and he can barely negotiate stairs...

Hey, it's a pet thread drift!

• Like 2

Just found out from my ex wife that the cat we have had for 10 years (she had him for the last 7) is going to have to be put down tomorrow.  Kids are gonna be so heartbroken.

Our latest freeloader, Washburn. 

i-5BndFGm-L.jpg

By far the biggest cat we've ever had, with a matching outsized cattitude. Thought to be part African cat because of his size and long leonine face.  Just a huge love bug - if he'd only stop jumping from the floor onto my crotch at 3 am. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Our latest freeloader, Washburn. 

i-5BndFGm-L.jpg

By far the biggest cat we've ever had, with a matching outsized cattitude. Thought to be part African cat because of his size and long leonine face.  Just a huge love bug - if he'd only stop jumping from the floor onto my crotch at 3 am. 

How big?

My first cat was a Norwegian Forrest cat, Euro version of the Maine Coon, 18 - 20 lbs with very long hair... Indoor cat that lived 18 years.

Next was a Russian Blue at about 17 lbs, a bad-ass motherfucker and a real apex predator.  Neighborhood dogs stayed away from him, he wouldn't run from them... His nonchalance thoroughly perplexed the local dogs!

I believe he fucked with a coyote and didn't realize they came in packs! Outdoor cat that lived 7 years..

7 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Just found out from my ex wife that the cat we have had for 10 years (she had him for the last 7) is going to have to be put down tomorrow.  Kids are gonna be so heartbroken.

Sorry to hear that.  That's sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Outdoor cat that lived 7 years..

Cats should be controlled so not to kill the wildlife.

Interesting to hear that the wildlife sometimes bites back.

• Like 1

How do I get them to stop scratching on the one good, expensive Oriental Rug??  We have a scratching post, and cardboard scratching things right there???  Methinks a squirt gun might be a useful deterrent, but who can watch them 24/7??

4 hours ago, Liquid said:

How big?

My first cat was a Norwegian Forrest cat, Euro version of the Maine Coon, 18 - 20 lbs with very long hair... Indoor cat that lived 18 years.

Next was a Russian Blue at about 17 lbs, a bad-ass motherfucker and a real apex predator.  Neighborhood dogs stayed away from him, he wouldn't run from them... His nonchalance thoroughly perplexed the local dogs!

I believe he fucked with a coyote and didn't realize they came in packs! Outdoor cat that lived 7 years..

He's 14 pounds, but long and lean.  Length and height was what I was describing.  We'd get a tape on him if the bastich would ever stop moving. ;)  He's agile and powerful, and 100% guy goofy.  He fit into the Foxtrot household immediately. 

He's an indoor cat - because Florida. Too damn many things eating each other out here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

How do I get them to stop scratching on the one good, expensive Oriental Rug??  We have a scratching post, and cardboard scratching things right there???  Methinks a squirt gun might be a useful deterrent, but who can watch them 24/7??

Twohy_1995_06_05_0074490.jpg

Dog people think this is funny.

- DSK

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Twohy_1995_06_05_0074490.jpg

Dog people think this is funny.

- DSK

Dog people have entire legs missing from their furniture. They don't think that's humorous, for some reason.

• Like 1

At one point my ex bought a couple of very expensive leather chairs, and was afraid the cat would destroy them in short order.

The solution was to buy a cheap ass couch and encourage the cat to scratch that - easier to replace a couch for a hundred bucks or so than shelve out several thousands for the leather every year or so

It worked a treat!

24 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Dog people have entire legs missing from their furniture. They don't think that's humorous, for some reason.

I have a dining room chair with a home made leg, and a coffee table with chew marks around the edges of one corner, from our last Chesapeake (passed away ~20 years ago). Personally, I think it's a riot. Plus, sentimental fool that I am, it reminds of happy days raising a bundle-of-energy puppy.

I apologize for talking about it in a cat thread.

- DSK

28 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The thread police will be around shortly.  

Just now, Ed Lada said:
30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The thread police will be around shortly.  

I'll go quietly, officer..... NO I WON'T!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!!!

- DSK

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Max Rockatansky said:

Is the douchebaggery really necessary? 

If you are referring to my post about two types of cats, I have a cat that does exactly that.  She lures you into a false sense of security and then bites.  Not hard enough to draw any blood, but hard enough to be annoying!  Fortunately I have become wise to her ways and can usually withdraw my hand in time.

There is a picture or two of the offender somewhere above, she's the gray/white tabby.  Don't be fooled for a minute by her cute appearance.

If you weren't referring to my post, may I politely suggest being more specific than a comment that doesn't clearly identify the source of the perturbation.

I was strong armed into getting these two brothers.  9 months old the orange guy is going to be huge already  12#

267A6A76-B294-4BA6-B394-650BA0A937E2.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I was strong armed into getting these two brothers.  9 month old the orange guy is going to be huge.

267A6A76-B294-4BA6-B394-650BA0A937E2.jpeg

How do they stick to the wall like that?

• Like 1

C

1 minute ago, Caca Cabeza said:

How do they stick to the wall like that?

Coffee table.  Can’t get it to rotate...

38 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

C

Coffee table.  Can’t get it to rotate...

I find that gravity usually works for both coffee tables, and cats.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

I find that gravity usually works for both coffee tables, and cats.

Sometimes you can actually see it happening.

HoverCat.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Can’t get it to rotate...

image.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Sorry to hear that.  That's sad. 

It was.  He was in pain, but thats over now.  He passed over the bridge this morning.  Wish I could have seen him one more time.  Whenever I go there to pick up the kids I see the cats as well.  Kids are taking it hard.

Our Jack will be missed.

image0.jpeg

• Like 5

They wriggle their way in to you heart, and curl up in a ball and won't let you go.... LGK has been gone 2+ days now and I still think about putting food out for him....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

image.png

Fakenews: You're going to have your hands full! Not sure the orange one is fond of having its picture taken...

New strategy I employed with my recent rescue kitten brothers: I do not fight play with them or allow them to grab, scratch or bite me - no locked in, kangaroo kicks anymore! I only feed and touch them with love/pets and some light disciplinary encouragement when needed. I'm still alpha!

9 months scratch and bite free! 

• Like 2

Over the years, many many cats, and I vouch for Liquid’s statement. Be gentle, discourage rough play firmly and consistently in kittenhood, and you end up with polite cats.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

It was.  He was in pain, but thats over now.  He passed over the bridge this morning.  Wish I could have seen him one more time.  Whenever I go there to pick up the kids I see the cats as well.  Kids are taking it hard.

Our Jack will be missed.

image0.jpeg

Sorry to hear. One of our two rescues has a tumour and has lost weight. Still runs in to get dinner, begs for treats and cuddles but is spending more time enjoying “vitamin D therapy” laying in the sunshine. We are watching him closely for signs of pain and so far he seems happy.  We will miss him greatly when he’s gone.

9 hours ago, Liquid said:

Fakenews: You're going to have your hands full! Not sure the orange one is fond of having its picture taken...

New strategy I employed with my recent rescue kitten brothers: I do not fight play with them or allow them to grab, scratch or bite me - no locked in, kangaroo kicks anymore! I only feed and touch them with love/pets and some light disciplinary encouragement when needed. I'm still alpha!

9 months scratch and bite free! 

I’ve had cats all my life.  The orange guy (Calvin) is pretty laid back, he’s strong as an ox but when playing he’s careful with his claws and hasn’t drawn blood.  The black one (Hobbes) is hyper and has super long claws daggers. He tries to murder everything he plays with.   I don’t mind the rough and tumble.   I’ve actually had them since two month old so they’re  bonded with me.

1 hour ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Over the years, many many cats, and I vouch for Liquid’s statement. Be gentle, discourage rough play firmly and consistently in kittenhood, and you end up with polite cats.

And if you get them in pairs they can beat the shit out of each other!

• Like 1

My wife claims she can speak with cats…  it's just that they don't give a shit about what she tells them...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Sorry to hear. One of our two rescues has a tumour and has lost weight. Still runs in to get dinner, begs for treats and cuddles but is spending more time enjoying “vitamin D therapy” laying in the sunshine. We are watching him closely for signs of pain and so far he seems happy.  We will miss him greatly when he’s gone.

Its been tough for the kids, he's been around 90% of their lives.  My ex wife is beside herself since her nocturnal TV watching buddy is gone.  The other cat is less cuddly and is still going around looking for her companion and meowing for him.

At our house we have a pair of brothers that are almost 7.  They still have kitty UFC nights every now and then, but overall good cats.  They are very much lap cats.  the grey one (Boots) is bummed because the 3 month old is usually in my wifes lap at night, which is where he usually goes.  The black one (Bear) is my home boy and is usually in my lap within 5 minutes of being on the couch.  Some people will say 'they are just cats', but to us they are family.

• Like 1

Anybody out there with experience with keeping cats on a boat? I live aboard a smallish (30') converted lifeboat and would love to have a cat as a companion

1 hour ago, alphafb552 said:

Anybody out there with experience with keeping cats on a boat? I live aboard a smallish (30') converted lifeboat and would love to have a cat as a companion

Depends on the cat.  I've had 2 that hated the boat with a passion.  One that was very happy aboard other than he was more than ready  to jump ship and go for a stroll is you were alongside another boat or in a slip.  He was everyone's friend.  If you get a kitten and raise it aboard, it should be fine.  

Just going to try "Rascal" on the boat tomorrow. Nothing exciting just a motor up to our outstation for 1:30 or so. I have been on the boat to do a sniff test and find a liar. But I think he's scoped out a place.

Rascal_LJ.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, alphafb552 said:

Both the ones I posted pic earlier are living aboard with us. They were grown when we brought them on. One hated it, the other was meh-ish. Over time they have adjusted and mostly are ok except for bad weather. It would have been easier if theyd been aboard from kittens, but if you and cat have a good relationship with trust, cat will adjust

• Like 1

Big old partial Maine Coon tomcat we had.  Slept on his back.  Strange boy.

He loved beans.  The plants, especially when just sprouting.  He'd chew off the young leaves faster than a gopher.

Tommy_stretch_sleep_2.JPG

• Like 4

a fishing buddy of mine has a saying.

If you give a cat a fish they eat for a day

If you teach a cat to fish, they will stare at you until you give them a fish.

the same guy has 4 cats and the biggest one's name is "fish eater"

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Max Rockatansky said:

Singha and a bug

DD4751D4-77E5-4DE6-89EA-79A043E5FB05.jpeg

The Boy (Singha)  just did his part to keep birdshit off the boat; he killed a dove on the stack-pack. No bugs of any sort, no invaders at all allowed with Singha aboard. We hid in the Everglades for IRMA and Singha got a snake that had apparently decided to share our evacucation. 

He’s very focused 

BEF0BA62-DD29-47A9-8522-DC12B50E80FB.jpeg

• Like 2

2B546018-3E3A-476E-BE9F-0597B43CB96B.thumb.jpeg.35ee7d22aaf8bf9103b7b2ab14d42a25.jpegMy youngest one

• Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, alphafb552 said:

Yes. 2 cats, about 40,000 miles between them. Cats are pretty adaptable but kittens might be easier. Hang a big rope with knots in it every 6-8" apart, over the side at stern. I'll find you the link to our blog post where we show how to teach the cat to find the rope if they fall off the bow.

3 stage process - from dinghy: [1] put cat in water beside rope, push him up rope [2] put cat in water about amidships, coax him aft as he swims frantically to rope and climbs it [3] pick up wet, tired and pissed off cat, walk to bow and throw him in. Have helper in dinghy to guide him aft to rope, climb. Disclaimer - I have only done this with 2 cats so do not know if all cats swim. 

• Like 1

Burrito loves boxes. If he fits, he sits!

About 10 years old. Got him from the humane society. Was really wild when he was a kitten. Has mellowed quite a bit but still has anger issues.

FB_IMG_1573453643853.jpg

20190129_173030.jpg

• Like 2