jacksparrow

Has anybody started fully crewed racing yet?

Lots of different ways clubs are dealing with covid.   Singlehanded, Doublehanded, crew limited by length of boat, and fully crewed.  Is it possible to social distance while racing?  Whats your club doing?

Yes, our normal Winter Series racing started the past week, but we haven't had a case of Covid in West Aus more than 2 months.

If you look up the stats every single "active case" is someone in quarantine who's returned from over-seas and hasn't entered society.

We are not touching each other, and the club is recording who is sailing with who so we can keep track of who's been in contact with who if anything came up.

• Like 1

Our club has canceled its first 2 or 3 Wed. Night and first weekend race.  Combination of bad weather and COVID19 apparently.  Very few boats have even registered to race.  More than a few of our dry sail racers have announced that they are not racing this year

No racing  in the UK, it's now permitted to go for a day out with members of your own house hold. but no one else. You can only stay overnight if the boat is your primary residence..

• Like 1

Vendee globe is officialy starting this year on the 8th of november.
https://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/news/19681/start-approved-for-8th-november
It's single handed racing so not al lot of contamination  .
Crowds on the other hand,  during the start in Sable d'Olonne,  are definitely not corona safe.
691362602_sabledeolonne.jpg.978f8ae1d8c44a90cb79d2b1a274cdcc.jpg
Star raced today in Zurich.
Swiss and german competitors:
file:///C:/Users/TOONVA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/star__r3___start_list__30.pdf
More regatta's:
882267052_Racingjune.PNG.9241c760cd9520289e90f06f216ac8b7.PNG

Fully crewed cyca winter racing has resumed in Sydney...

• Like 1

The lifting of restrictions has been accelerated here in Ireland. Sport is specifically catered for as of 29th June with full contact sport allowed.

Social distancing criteria is changing at that time to consider distance (2m), duration, and environment. That should encourage fully crewed club racing getting going again.

Offshore will get going almost immediately, with focus on the 700 mile RORC counting Round Ireland Race in late August. First regatta will likely be at the end of July, with the IRC Nats the 2nd weekend of September.

We've seen sales pick up again in the last couple of weeks.

RS21 NAs went off without a hitch. TX Gov Abbot has an announcement this afternoon and there is a lot of speculation that he is going to announce new restrictions/rolling back the reopening. That's my guess anyway.

starting this week in SE CT

my YC starts fully crewed races July 5th.............

I do my first fully crewed distance race this weekend...........in CT.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, rgeek said:

The lifting of restrictions has been accelerated here in Ireland. Sport is specifically catered for as of 29th June with full contact sport allowed.

Note to myself, watch out Irish boats during race. Or is the full contact only used during protest hearings?

7 hours ago, Upp3 said:

Note to myself, watch out Irish boats during race. Or is the full contact only used during protest hearings?

Not a problem. Only really happens at mark roundings