JimBowie

What's Wrong with the CONfedrate FlAG?

32 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

No. I don't.  Jim Crow laws were shortly after the civil war.  50 years later, my bloodline showed up.

Minnesota passed a law last year to allow property owners to remove the (Now illegal) race covenants on property deeds.

4 hours ago, Mark K said:

It's the only thing she could have told you.     

I asked her teacher.    

12 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Minnesota passed a law last year to allow property owners to remove the (Now illegal) race covenants on property deeds.

When was the law created?  When was it last enforceable?

27 minutes ago, mikewof said:

That's not uncommon for exponential spreads, and it may have nothing to do with human decisions. A common reaction with mathematical distributions like infections is first in, first out, last in, last out.

I would kinda agree with and disagree with your statement, you might be right on the math thing, But on the other hand, Florida closed after spring break , for money reason and again opened too early , again for money,  a lot places didn't or haven't followed any on the distance or mask rules, And also we have a trump puppet as governor,  The RNC will be held in Jax , That should be fun, another Tulsa? Human decisions , the home grown boys don't follow rules very well,  As mentioned the Bars, also the water ways and sand bars were packed today, 

2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

I asked her teacher.    

All the way through grade school with only one teacher? 

On 6/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, Rok Dog said:

It is in both states I live.   

Denial and Confusion?

FKT

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mark K said:
2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

I asked her teacher.    

In a little log cabin school house

- DSK

3 hours ago, Hatin' life said:
6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

....     Slavery - No, there is no such person; especially if your include serfdom - and you should. But so what? 

EXACTLY.  So what?  Why do people care when they have it in their history.

Because it happened here, it happened to us, not that long ago. Social changes comes slow, if at all. There are many families that live on the same land where their grandparents ( and/or great grandparents) worked as slaves.

Also, you are quite wrong about Jim Crow. At least one good thing, you recognize that racism is bad.

- DSK

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

When was the law created?  When was it last enforceable?

The law was created last year.  He said that. 

Race-based exclusions in covenants were deemed un-enforceable in 1948; there was a work-around (sue the seller for your property value lowering) until 1953.  Not outright illegal until 1968.  The practise continued well into the 70's  -  seems a lot of people thought the SC might overturn those judgments, eventually.

The effect lingered way longer.  Still does. 

To use an example local to me: Levittown is still one of the whitest neighbourhoods in LI.

4 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I will look up Eric Foner

No. I don't.  Jim Crow laws were shortly after the civil war.  50 years later, my bloodline showed up.

Dear Hatin' - 

You are way off on Jim Crow. I'm thinking you had a really inferior high school & college (maybe) edumacation. 

Honestly though, I was more clueless than you for a good part of my yootfulness and early adulthood. 

I give you credit for asking, and for letting it all hang out there. 

On 6/27/2020 at 4:02 AM, daan62 said:

i am dutch... Rotterdam shows some scars, grandfather was a member of the resistance in the Netherlands during WW2, other grandparents (father and mother of my stephather) hided a jewish girl during WW2, i've been to Berlin,... hard to miss something happened...

when in the Netherlands you're send on a school trip to Amsterdam to visit a museum they also tell you about  the ugly part of history. (trading slaves/ colonies) and yes except for one all the statues are still there. the beatifull buildings in Amsterdam along the canals are build by people earning a lot of money in those times... should we tear down the buildings as well?

and before you ask... no i do not think people should fly the nazi flag.

someone flying a flag is different than a statue in my opinion. a statue remembers of a certain time and flying a flag is expressing a personal opinion.

Let's not talk about the Sinterclaus parade and the hundreds of blackface "Black Pete's" marching with the white sinter claus on his white horse.

The almost universal black house cleaners?

Amsterdam would have to be the most blatantly and somehow jovially racist cities it's ever been my great pleasure to live in.

20 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Let's not talk about the Sinterclaus parade and the hundreds of blackface "Black Pete's" marching with the white sinter claus on his white horse.

Amsterdam would have to be the most blatantly and somehow jovially racist cities it's ever been my great pleasure to live in.

i'm not claiming that it's perfect over here...

funny note on Sinterklaas... it's everything but a racist story... the guy (old Turkish dude) hired slaves as servants... (he didn't own them but hired them and paid them) for that time it was quite a transition... 

now we get blue, yellow and red Petes...

2 minutes ago, daan62 said:

i'm not claiming that it's perfect over here...

funny note on Sinterklaas... it's everything but a racist story... the guy (old Turkish dude) hired slaves as servants... (he didn't own them but hired them and paid them) for that time it was quite a transition... 

now we get blue, yellow and red Petes...

He was Greek.

and Zwarte Piet is a 19C invention.

It's the blackface that's shocking. 

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

He was Greek.

and Zwarte Piet is a 19C invention.

It's the blackface that's shocking. 

he was from Constantinople....

8 minutes ago, daan62 said:

he was from Constantinople....

No he was from Myra..today it's in Turkey, then it was Greek. He was a bishop of the Greek orthodox church.

There's also a suspicion that he himself was rather dark :D

1*zscbInxr1jt62VUVMnt-7w.jpeg

Which wouldn't be so surprising given Myna's proximity to that part of the northern african and arabic world.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

You realize what you posted says exactly what I said right?

Umm, no

Did you leave your computer logged in and somebody else posted your earlier statements?

- DSK

11 hours ago, frenchie said:

The effect lingered way longer.  Still does. 

To use an example local to me: Levittown is still one of the whitest neighbourhoods in LI.

As relevant to MN the Minneapolis/St Paul neighborhoods with restrictions in the 1950s are still the whitest & most affluent in the twin cities.

Re Mississippi replacing their flag, has anyone seen what the new flag looks like? Will it be less offensive, or more?

It would not surprise me in the least to see a figure of a black man hanging from a tree on the new flag, and it would surprise me even less to see our bullshitters defending it. 

Apparently the Mississippi state flag has an interesting history. Replacing it was put before the voters in 2001 and that was soundly defeated, 64-36% in. referendum with 488,630 votes. (Oakland has a population of 435,000.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Mississippi#2001_referendum

Mississippi is the only state which still includes the Confederate battle flag. I think the folks down there in Mississippi who have more than one tooth want this over with and so they are avoiding putting it before the voters a second time. But worry not, brave elk. They're still going to advertise their stupidity by requiring "In God We Trust" on the replacement.

To those here who improve their sense of self by insulting the people of Mississippi ...

Have you spent time there? The poverty in Mississippi is unmistakable, and the people there manage with some really difficult conditions, in part made worse by the upstream states economically shitting all over them. The time I've spent in Mississippi opened my eyes to a lot of really wonderful people there, to an inclusive and integrated culture and to a lot of really good people of all skin colors.

Sol's racist comments about them having a flag of a "black man hanging from a tree" are the epitome of someone who judges others with a lot of skeletons in his own closet of Florida.

Best quote by Gov Inslee of WA:  "I wish Trump cared more about living Americans than dead confederates"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Umm, no

Did you leave your computer logged in and somebody else posted your earlier statements?

- DSK

Enacted in 1870.  Which is what I said.  50 years before my family got here.

Or, what you're saying is every single human on this planet is guilty for every single transgression committed by another in the present, the past, and the future.  That's a big load you're carrying on your shoulders.  One that I'm certainly not strong enough to bear.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Have you spent time there? The poverty in Mississippi is unmistakable, and the people there manage with some really difficult conditions, in part made worse by the upstream states economically shitting all over them. The time I've spent in Mississippi opened my eyes to a lot of really wonderful people there, to an inclusive and integrated culture and to a lot of really good people of all skin colors.

No doubt lots of great folks except for that "cavalier" thing - which is also characteristic of much of the South. That is the real reason they are poor and backward. 

And here is a National Historic Vessel that honors a Mississippi racist thug (OK, I know it is a Florida project). 

I was involved a little bit until I found out who the namesake was, then dropped my association after the GS Board declined to change the name. 

You'll note that their website carefully refrains from discussion why Gov. Stone is (in)famous. 

https://www.governorstone.org/our-history

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

... The poverty in Mississippi is unmistakable, and the people there manage with some really difficult conditions, in part made worse by the upstream states economically shitting all over them. ...

Quoted for its stupidity.

Why Miss. cavaliers are not very nice people . .   (1894 is also when MS adopted the Confederate battle flag) 

Good article from the MS Free Press https://www.mississippifreepress.org/3710/you-white-people-dont-get-it-mississippis-long-ugly-road-to-changing-its-state-flag/

Mississippi radically remade its Constitution in 1890 with the goal of disenfranchising black voters, implementing a system of Jim Crow laws that included literacy tests and poll taxes, seeking to kill off reforms the North had insisted on in the post-Civil War Reconstruction era.

In a convention hall where state officials plotted out the new constitution that September, one state lawmaker, J.H. McGehee from Franklin County, ” gave a rousing speech to his fellow lawmakers’ delight. 

“I will agree that this is a government by the people and for the people, but what people? When this declaration was made by our forefathers, it was for the Anglo-Saxon people. That is what we are here for today—to secure the supremacy of the white race,” he said.

11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

With what do you disagree about Mississippi?

Have you spent any time in Mississippi, or is your opinion formed in some other way?

39 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

No doubt lots of great folks except for that "cavalier" thing - which is also characteristic of much of the South. That is the real reason they are poor and backward.

Could you clarify? In your opinion, why are the people of Mississippi "poor and backward"?

7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Could you clarify? In your opinion, why are the people of Mississippi "poor and backward"?

Do your own homework. Lots of people don't know about the cavalier culture in the South, but you should since you claim to know the region. 

And every US stat in existence shows MS way behind. 

But Hey, Haley Barbour is livin' large !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Do your own homework. Lots of people don't know about the cavalier culture in the South, but you should since you claim to know the region. 

And every US stat in existence shows MS way behind. 

But Hey, Haley Barbour is livin' large !!

I have my opinions, you have your opinions..I shared my opinions to the poverty in Mississippi, I'm happy to expand.

I asked you to share some depth in your reason behind this, other than a one word "cavalier" ...

9 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

That is the real reason they are poor and backward.

If that one word is the full extent of your opinion, then so be it. I thus take it that in your opinion, Mississippi is "poor and backward" due to largely historical reasons? Have you spent any time there?

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Enacted in 1870.  Which is what I said.  50 years before my family got here.

Or, what you're saying is every single human on this planet is guilty for every single transgression committed by another in the present, the past, and the future.  That's a big load you're carrying on your shoulders.  One that I'm certainly not strong enough to bear. 

Ah, I see where you veered off the track... So, following Jim Crow laws are just fine, as long as you aren't around when they're passed?

Everybody else was thinking that since you lived here under Jim Crow laws, that you should at least know about it and acknowledge it. Not trying to place any blame or burden.... of course, the guilty do in fact flee when no man pursueth, etc etc

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ah, I see where you veered off the track... So, following Jim Crow laws are just fine, as long as you aren't around when they're passed?

Everybody else was thinking that since you lived here under Jim Crow laws, that you should at least know about it and acknowledge it. Not trying to place any blame or burden.... of course, the guilty do in fact flee when no man pursueth, etc etc

- DSK

I think it started with the Jim Crow law of 1870 and then stopped.  Not going to go down the rabbit hole of explaining the late 1800s to early 1900s.  Efforts to educate Dog and company on southern strategy has cured me of enlightenment efforts. I could mention the series of laws started in the 1870s but I won't.

7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

I think it started with the Jim Crow law of 1870 and then stopped.  Not going to go down the rabbit hole of explaining the late 1800s to early 1900s.  Efforts to educate Dog and company on southern strategy has cured me of enlightenment efforts. I could mention the series of laws started in the 1870s but I won't.

And that historic sailboat, the Governor Stone, you dursn't go there. 

So given AJ's and Olsonist's lack of response on Mississippi, it seems that it's easy to insult an entire state as being a bastion of "poor and stupid" and "one tooth" and racist, but actual input to why Mississippi is where they are, their joblessness, their lack of industry, their lack of job training, no opinion, other than general disdain, and some reason from the 1800s?

To actually learn about Mississippi in a meaningful way? It's easier just to shit all over them, apparently, while simultaneously knowing next to nothing about them in 2020.

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

So given AJ's and Olsonist's lack of response on Mississippi, it seems that it's easy to insult an entire state as being a bastion of "poor and stupid" and "one tooth" and racist, but actual input to why Mississippi is where they are, their joblessness, their lack of industry, their lack of job training, no opinion, other than general disdain, and some reason from the 1800s?

To actually learn about Mississippi in a meaningful way? It's easier just to shit all over them, apparently, while simultaneously knowing next to nothing about them in 2020.

No, the lack of responsiveness is yours. 

Thinking you know it all, you won't do the most basic homework, and show not the least curiosity about that which you are ignorant. 

32 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

No, the lack of responsiveness is yours. 

Thinking you know it all, you won't do the most basic homework, and show not the least curiosity about that which you are ignorant. 

To the contrary. While you blamed Mississippi's current economy on events in 1800s, I was hoping for an actual discussion on Mississippi's actual economy.

Have you spent any time in Mississippi, to the point that we can actually discuss their economy in some rational way? Has anyone else in this thread had any sufficient experience in Mississippi so that he or she actually gives a shit about those people beyond just insulting them?

Even if you haven't been there, you might have some actual thoughts beyond fifth grade insults.

When I finished my Ph.D. in Alabama, I had planned to move to Jackson, Mississippi to work for the Army Corps of Engineers. I spent a lot of time there getting everything ready, but I received a job offer back in Colorado, and the ACE officer told me honestly that ACE assignments for physicists take a long time and come with a lot of risk. I still have an attachment to Mississippi, and when I read childish insults about Mississippians, it does bug me. I had hoped that perhaps a retired professor might have some capacity for actual discussion beyond the kind of thing that Olsonist wrote.

The things I saw in Mississippi after one hurricane allowed me to see some incredible substance of those folks. They are not the toothless hillbillies that Olsoniat ignorantly claims.

21 hours ago, Olsonist said:

No reason to quote, if it says this:
You've chosen to ignore content by mikewof. Options 

We know it's stupid.

8 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Apparently the government of the state of Miss. disagrees with you about flying the Confederate battle flag. 

to the contrary indeed. 

Good on them. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississippi-state-flag-remove-confederate-battle-emblem/

Yep, those White Supremacists like woofers are starting to find their ideas objectionable to many.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Yep, those White Supremacists like woofers are starting to find their ideas objectionable to many.

So this is what you've become? Accusing people of White Supremacy?

I believe that along with patriotism, that's the last refuge of a scoundrel.

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Apparently the government of the state of Miss. disagrees with you about flying the Confederate battle flag. 

to the contrary indeed. 

Good on them. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississippi-state-flag-remove-confederate-battle-emblem/

They had to do it, their economy demands it. And of course, the battle flag has no place in official State government flagpoles. It should be a personal choice, for those who feel connected to it l ... like the colony flag, or the Gadsden flag with the rattlesnake.

You assumed my opinion about Mississippi's flag, you didn't actually ask me. Aren't retired lefty political professors supposed to be more inquisitive than that? Or do you find it easier to just project your opinions on others without their input?

It's odd, in a way ... lefties are supposed to be "tolerant" and yet in the case of people who live in Southern states, I've found that many lefties are notably intolerant.

On 6/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Gotcha.  Now I fully understand where you are coming from.  All humans are responsible for all prior transgressions against other humans.  I'm still not responsible for your evil honky ways even if you believe I am responsible for yours.  Those laws disappeared  shortly before I was born anyways

That's a fucking crazy way to live life dude, and you should really look into that.  Could turn into some sort of serious debilitating disorder.

I don't have the mental strength to bear that kind of load.  It's a real benefit of not having much in the way of empathy.  Guilt for something I did not do, and am not responsible for, falls under the "not my fucking problem" category.  

3 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Gotcha.  Now I fully understand where you are coming from.  All humans are responsible for all prior transgressions against other humans.  I'm still not responsible for your evil honky ways even if you believe I am responsible for yours.  Those laws disappeared  shortly before I was born anyways

That's a fucking crazy way to live life dude, and you should really look into that.  Could turn into some sort of serious debilitating disorder.

I don't have the mental strength to bear that kind of load.  It's a real benefit of not having much in the way of empathy.  Guilt for something I did not do, and am not responsible for, falls under the "not my fucking problem" category.  

And now, again, we understand why you are "Hatin' life".  

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

It's odd, in a way ... lefties are supposed to be "tolerant" and yet in the case of people who live in Southern states, I've found that many lefties are notably intolerant.

Tolerance only applies if someone agrees with their ideals.  Which it's real fucking hard to keep up with 7,594,000,000 different ideals.

• Like 1

Just now, Left Shift said:

And now, again, we understand why you are "Hatin' life".  

We can't all be blessed with the opulence of wisdom some think they possess.

6 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Translation: I saw the references to correct my earlier assertion but just decided to say fuck it.

Just now, Hatin' life said:

We can't all be blessed with the opulence of wisdom some think they possess.

Wisdom is rarely opulent.  Thus the image of the guru on rags on the mountain top. 

Pro tip:  Don't try to push your vocabulary beyond its limits.  

On 6/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

??

Umm, you do have a problem. If you think what I said: "that you should at least know about it and acknowledge it" is somehow connected to a reality where it's an appropriate reply for you to say "All humans are responsible for all prior transgressions against other humans" then you are both incredibly stupid as well as irresponsible.

Aside from that I specifically said "Not trying to place any blame or burden" which is what you said in your earlier post... almost exactly the same thing as you said in this one.

Let's see... what kind of person continues to say the same thing over and over whether it is appropriate or not?

- DSK

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Wisdom is rarely opulent.  Thus the image of the guru on rags on the mountain top. 

Haha, okay sweetie.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Let's see... what kind of person continues to say the same thing over and over whether it is appropriate or not?

- DSK

A VERY fucking stupid one who was delusional in thinking the other person reads above an elementary level.

I'm truly sorry for wasting the bytes, and what little time you have left in this life.  

A VERY fucking stupid one who was delusional in thinking the other person reads above an elementary level.

I'm truly sorry for wasting the bytes, and what little time you have left in this life.  

Well, if your mama taught you to apologize so nice, that's one good thing.

- DSK

5 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

It's a real benefit of not having much in the way of empathy.   

For sure, it is much easier being an amoral monster. 

Very little empathy, really? 

And you think that is OK?  

Wowsers

5 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Oooooo, now that is a good one. 

I'll bet Clean is way jealous. 

12 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

For sure, it is much easier being an amoral monster. 

Very little empathy, really? 

And you think that is OK?  

Wowsers

Very little.  Walk into the ocean, I won't care.  Why should I?

Sure it's okay.  Just like it's okay to be Jewish, or black, or dumb, or female, or gay, or handicapped.  (Pick an identifier)  Little empathy is part of who I am.  You being intolerant isn't my problem.  You have zero affect on my life, and have zero capability to try to be.  I'm not going to be troubled by every horrific thing that happens in this world.  People are animals, I'm not going to lose any sleep over what the monsters do.

Now, if somebody is capable of affect, you remove their ability to do so.  Bitching won't get you anything.

9 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Now, if somebody is capable of affect, you remove their ability to do so.  

I do not understand your point here, if any. 

But I respect your honesty about lacking empathy. 

Please do not have any children - for their sake's 

As I used to declaim now and then, "If you do not care about anyone else, why should anyone care about you?" 

25 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I do not understand your point here, if any. 

But I respect your honesty about lacking empathy. 

Please do not have any children - for their sake's 

As I used to declaim now and then, "If you do not care about anyone else, why should anyone care about you?" 

My point is nobody is responsible for you, but you.  Nobody is going to save you, but you.  If somebody is doing the opposite, stop them.  You are responsible for your outcome, nobody else and nobody is holding you back unless you allow it.  No excuses.

How about we all stop having children for 40 or so years so we can spread out again?  

I haven't needed anyone to care for me since I was a teenager.  I moved out at 15, was fully on my own early into my 17th year.  I think I might've rented my first place at 16 actually.  Paid cash for my second house, (a complete shit hole), at 30.

1 minute ago, Hatin' life said:

My point is nobody is responsible for you, but you.  Nobody is going to save you, but you.  If somebody is doing the opposite, stop them.  You are responsible for your outcome, nobody else and nobody is holding you back unless you allow it.  No excuses.

How about we all stop having children for 40 or so years so we can spread out again?  

I haven't needed anyone to care for me since I was a teenager.  I moved out at 15, was fully on my own early into my 17 year.  I think I might've rented my first place at 16 actually.  Paid cash for my second house, (a complete shit hole), at 30.

My friend, you are totally and absolutely wrong. 

You stand on the shoulders of giants who knowingly gave their lives so that you could have even a modicum of freedom.

You would not even have language if others had not worked to give it to you. 

Who paid for your schools? Your streets? Water/Sewer?  

All of us did - and you owe it to the community to say "thanks", and pay back when it is your turn. 

Please think through that libertarian dumbassedness. 

On 6/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, Mark K said:

They didn’t teach anything about 20th century history where I gre up until high school.   I asked one of the ‘history‘ teachers (they don’t call it history here anymore - just like they don’t teach English class anymore) who I know personally and confirmed they don’t teach anything about Nazis here.    What they teach is controlled by the state.  They get an entire month dedicated to black history.   

The Jews don’t matter here.   We even have a few US Congress women who are openly anti Semite. 

On 6/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, Shortforbob said:

So you are saying people SHOULDNT hire blacks to clean house?  

is it racist that people hire blacks or that blacks work in the house cleaning field?  I don’t know- does Amsterdam REQUIRE blacks to work in that field?

25 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

How about we all sto.p having children for 40 or so years so we can spread out again?  

I haven't needed anyone to care for me since I was a teenager.  I moved out at 15, was fully on my own early into my 17th year.  I think I might've rented my first place at 16 actually.  Paid cash for my second house, (a complete shit hole), at 30.

I guess you had to kill and eat rats because nobody fed you, and you worked your fingers to the bone sewing your own clothes out of moose hides?

If you started out naked in the woods, with nothing but sticks and rocks, then you could claim responsibility all for yourself. In any/every other case, there is a whole society of people that provides benefits for you. If all you do is buy stuff for yourself then you are giving a minimum in exchange.

As A.J. said, you are standing on the shoulders of giants, and apparently are unaware.

- DSK

18 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

My friend, you are totally and absolutely wrong. 

You stand on the shoulders of giants who knowingly gave their lives so that you could have even a modicum of freedom.

You would not even have language if others had not worked to give it to you. 

Who paid for your schools? Your streets? Water/Sewer?  

All of us did - and you owe it to the community to say "thanks", and pay back when it is your turn. 

Please think through that libertarian dumbassedness. 

Sure thing sweetie.

I say thanks by employing people.  I say thanks by getting fucking raped on commercial taxes and every dollar I make.

You're only here because of rape and violence.  Those are the shoulders you proclaim your superiority from.  200,000 years of existence, that's the silly shit you think is what got you to an ultra cushy life?  Cool story.

you are standing on the shoulders of giants, and apparently are unaware.

- DSK

I think we should open up a libertarian deprogramming clinic. 

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I guess you had to kill and eat rats because nobody fed you, and you worked your fingers to the bone sewing your own clothes out of moose hides?

If you started out naked in the woods, with nothing but sticks and rocks, then you could claim responsibility all for yourself. In any/every other case, there is a whole society of people that provides benefits for you. If all you do is buy stuff for yourself then you are giving a minimum in exchange.

As A.J. said, you are standing on the shoulders of giants, and apparently are unaware.

- DSK

I've been homeless, and I've worked for everything I've got.  I've bled for my existence.

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Isn't that called public schools?

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

I think we should tie a brick to them, and drop them off a bridge.

And make them pay cash for the fucking rope, selfish assholes don't get nothin' free

- DSK

And make them pay cash for the fucking rope, selfish assholes don't get nothin' free

- DSK

Come get it.

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Nah. Get a bunch of them together - say 50 for a good seed amount - and drop them all with everything they can personally lift/carry into some shithole with no infrastructure ans no laws.

See how they go when they aren't standing on the shoulders of giants.

To be totally fair they should be dropped naked but I'm prepared to give them a head start.

FKT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nah. Get a bunch of them together - say 50 for a good seed amount - and drop them all with everything they can personally lift/carry into some shithole with no infrastructure ans no laws.

To be totally fair they should be dropped naked but I'm prepared to give them a head start.

Plus, nobody wants to see them naked including their Moms

I've been encouraging these he-man free-man types to move to Somalia for years. Libertarian paradise, no overbearing interfering gubbermint at all. But none of them actually have the balls to go, they just sit around and bitch

- DSK

7 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Come get it.

Ooo-oo do you touch yourself when you talk all tough on the interwwwwebbs?

- DSK

I've been encouraging these he-man free-man types to move to Somalia for years. Libertarian paradise, no overbearing interfering gubbermint at all. But none of them actually have the balls to go, they just sit around and bitch

- DSK

It's not a good look when your beer belly is so large & saggy that the folds reach your knees.

OTOH it'd give them a huge food reserve to live off.

I've no time for fuckwits like this. They're the flip side of the radical socialists who generally grow out of it by their 30's if they have any sort of brain. These types never manage that while continually bitching about how put-upon they are WRT taxes etc.

As you say, they can always move somewhere else. No taxes, no hospitals, no services. Freedom from Government oppression, baby.

But - they don't.

FKT

12 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

I've been homeless, and I've worked for everything I've got.  I've bled for my existence.

Me too. My whole fucking industry died, and along with it, my profession. Shit happens, and dying is worse.

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Try Burundi. Somalia is relatively wealthy these days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Now if a "lefty" or minority said that, you'd call it whining.

21 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Isn't that called public schools?

That is where you learned to read, correct? 

Or did you pound out your own papyrus sheets and re-invent the English language all on your own? 

34 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ooo-oo do you touch yourself when you talk all tough on the interwwwwebbs?

- DSK

Said the one threatening violence.

27 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Now if a "lefty" or minority said that, you'd call it whining.

Would I?  You sure?

I know calling everyone racist is all the rage, but its boring.  

22 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Or did you pound out your own papyrus sheets and re-invent the English language all on your own? 

Sure.  What came first, the school or the human?

47 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Now you are describing Canada.

10 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Would I?  You sure?

Pretty sure.

I've yet to see you say "well done" about anyone or anything.

You tag yourself Hatin'life. Confess you have no empathy for anyone or anything. Admit you don't give a toss about anyone.

You claim to have had a hard life. Many here would feel empathy for you even if you present yourself as a bitter and miserable specimen of a human being. So why would I think you'd not dismiss anyone else's claims of hardship? You have no empathy remember?

I feel pity for you.really I do.

30 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Detroit Public Schools has 65% graduation rate.  Doesn’t sound very effective.   

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Pretty sure.

I've yet to see you say "well done" about anyone or anything.

You tag yourself Hatin'life. Confess you have no empathy for anyone or anything. Admit you don't give a toss about anyone.

You claim to have had a hard life. Many here would feel empathy for you even if you present yourself as a bitter and miserable specimen of a human being. So why would I think you'd not dismiss anyone else's claims of hardship? You have no empathy remember?

I feel pity for you.really I do.

Empathy and morals are two different things.

Good job pretending on bring superior.  You're well on your way to carrying a stiff goose in your step and throwing people off bridges.

7 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Said the one threatening violence.

"MOMMY!!! He started it!"

Why would I threaten you?

- DSK

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

"MOMMY!!! He started it!"

Why would I threaten you?

- DSK

Apparently you like to touch yourself while pretending to be a tough guy on the internet.  Hey, everybody has their kink.  Who am I to judge?