Sign in to follow this  
keenbean

Moth or MUsto Skiff

Hi!

I have a laser but i'm looking to get one of the above as well. I will always keep a laser on the side!

Just wondered if anyone knows what is the easier boat to get to grips with. Taking money out of it completely here.....Laser sailors seem to transition pretty well into moths but I don't really know how they go with boats like the MPS

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Happy sailing!!

you may have better responses if you post this in Dinghy Anarchy. Also, some of your questions may be answered in other threads over there. 

• Like 1

You might keep the laser,  but I bet it would end up in the back of the shed under a pile of sail bags if you had either of these.

Don't discount something like a Wazsp if you are looking at a moth.  i'm sure there are other similar "one design moths" as well,  but the Wazsp is the one which seems to have taken off around here.

• Like 1

With my laser, I expect to go sailing and am surprised if I end up in the water.  With my Musto, I expect to be in the water and am surprised to be sailing....or something like that.  From my observation learning the foiling moth is the same.  You will find either quite challenging.  OTOH the rewards of a boat that one never sails dead downwind or by the lee are many.

If you could spend some time both driving and crewing in a 2-up skiff it would make the Musto transition much easier.