JimBowie

Scooter: Deathmaster of the FT-10 class

Recommended Posts

people in this class in socal have almost universally loathed me, mostly because i have kicked the shit out of most of them, most all of the time. the class never really got traction (this has been chronicled a million times). the fact that people are bailing now is something i know nothing about. the sportboat class in dago is a joke - i think we had three boats last time i raced. it is a hell of a pathetic statement on this town.

i'm moving on - a big heavy 5 knot shit box is calling my name...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ime blammeng that fucke Bob!  He dizined a boatte that wassent maintainabelle!  Performance wase licke octaine, you juste hade to keepe pumpeng moire in.......              :)

Ish is gonna kille me..............               :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Editor said:

5 knot shit box

Wow! An extra knot!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:
1 hour ago, Editor said:

5 knot shit box

Wow! An extra knot!

It ist the Scootere!                             :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snaggletooth said:

It ist the Scootere!                             :)

Scoot scoot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think they would be excited to collect some pickle dishes with you and boat gone.  Will you still be in the same PHRF Class?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Wow! An extra knot!

Let the PHRF propaganda mind f**k games begin!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hobot said:
25 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Wow! An extra knot!

Let the PHRF propaganda mind f**k games begin

Allreddey done..............       :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Editor said:



i'm moving on - a big heavy 5 knot shit box is calling my name...

 

Oh my....... oh wait yer talkn bout a boat. never mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Editor said:

people in this class in socal have almost universally loathed me, mostly because i have kicked the shit out of most of them, most all of the time. the class never really got traction (this has been chronicled a million times). the fact that people are bailing now is something i know nothing about. the sportboat class in dago is a joke - i think we had three boats last time i raced. it is a hell of a pathetic statement on this town.

i'm moving on - a big heavy 5 knot shit box is calling my name...

 

"sportboat" and "San Diego" is a non-sequitur.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Editor said:

people in this class in socal have almost universally loathed me, mostly because i have kicked the shit out of most of them, most all of the time. the class never really got traction (this has been chronicled a million times). the fact that people are bailing now is something i know nothing about. the sportboat class in dago is a joke - i think we had three boats last time i raced. it is a hell of a pathetic statement on this town.

i'm moving on - a big heavy 5 knot shit box is calling my name...

 

image.thumb.png.13591adef55a70c66b7f0552af25dd57.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some one please explainy the premise of the posting.  Got nuttin to do with Scooter or A4/A5.  Enquiring minds wanna know: Why all the FT10 for sale all sudden?  They discover keel bolt failure problems like Scooter? Opps!  Sorry!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK if I had anything for sale and someone else with the same thing sold it for more than what I was asking for it (I know the actual sale price isn't public, but all the boats listed are less than A4), at a market I wasn't listed at. I'd list my product there immediately. Its called finding your market and advertising to it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hated you when you kicked their asses with the ft10. Just wait till you do the same with the Erickson hehe maybe you’ll get a noose on the backstay...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of knots we are no longer allowed to use? I want to be sure not to offend anyone

 

Too soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkHorse said:

Is there a list of knots we are no longer allowed to use? I want to be sure not to offend anyone

 

Too soon?

The Hermaphrodite Bend is prohibited--unless you are sailing an Hermaphrodite Brig, in which case it is required.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Is there a list of knots we are no longer allowed to use? I want to be sure not to offend anyone

A gourdian knotte hase no plaice on na boatte............                     :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently there are only 5 knots for the new boat...

1. figure 8 knot 

2. Bowline

3. Hitch (OK, I should post several here...)

4. Reef knot

5. Slip knot

There is not a whole lot of other knots I use on a regular basis as far as I remember... oh oops:

6. Cleat hitch

There are probably more, but I am too tired now. I need a beer or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JimBowie said:

Some one please explainy the premise of the posting.  Got nuttin to do with Scooter or A4/A5.  Enquiring minds wanna know: Why all the FT10 for sale all sudden?  They discover keel bolt failure problems like Scooter? Opps!  Sorry!!

Yeah fuck I saw one and the keel went right up through the cabin top !   I shit you not !  Some dumb bastard winched it right up through the coach roof 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard some salty 

8 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

apparently there are only 5 knots for the new boat...

1. figure 8 knot 

2. Bowline

3. Hitch (OK, I should post several here...)

4. Reef knot

5. Slip knot

There is not a whole lot of other knots I use on a regular basis as far as I remember... oh oops:

6. Cleat hitch

There are probably more, but I am too tired now. I need a beer or two.

Don’t forget the ol’ baloon knot sailing it.

CF4E3126-B5E8-4122-9434-C0D584175105.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

apparently there are only 5 knots for the new boat...

1. figure 8 knot 

2. Bowline

3. Hitch (OK, I should post several here...)

4. Reef knot

5. Slip knot

There is not a whole lot of other knots I use on a regular basis as far as I remember... oh oops:

6. Cleat hitch

There are probably more, but I am too tired now. I need a beer or two.

Where's your Spanish Bowline? Your Anchor Bend? Your Albright Knot? Your Figure 8 Bowline? Your Palomar? You Rolling Hitch? (Oh, that's a hitch).

Now you are making me think of Brion Toss. Who sadly just passed away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...the knot master 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Where's your Spanish Bowline? Your Anchor Bend? Your Albright Knot? Your Figure 8 Bowline? Your Palomar? You Rolling Hitch? (Oh, that's a hitch).

Now you are making me think of Brion Toss. Who sadly just passed away.

and don't forget: 

Is This Your Cleat? | Boating Safety Tips, Tricks & Thoughts from ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 6:55 AM, fastyacht said:

"sportboat" and "San Diego" is a non-sequitur.

 

Sad but true. When prevailing winds top out at 8 Kts, whattaya gonna do? Sit out there and watch the Ed do a horizon job on you in his E 35?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daan62 said:

and don't forget: 

Is This Your Cleat? | Boating Safety Tips, Tricks & Thoughts from ...

The bitter end and at least 20’ of line need to be in the water collecting slime to be a properly tied off cleat. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the pic and my shitty blue pointer, it appears as if the captain has properly secured his boat and the zebra mussel colony.

89CDD168-EEB8-4D57-A467-3F52FD335405.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now