Jules

Getting Tough With The Maskless

Sweden_2.jpg.png.jpg.de89e64368be0718a600373172198afc.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

It is not the ordinary. Not on US scale, not on a global scale. I won't go into comparisons again, just this:

Flat-out bashing journalism and the media as a whole doesn't make one the 'informed person' per se, ofthen rather the opposite.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, BlatantEcho said:

That doesn't discount that a pandemic virus that is killing lots of people isn't a real thing, and worthy of coverage.

So here is a merry tale-  a friend goes in for a look see / biopsy & is all fixed up to go in the waiting room with all the technical/vein stuff attached, sitting on the bed, along with 2 other patients over 60, all masked, and everybody they’ve dealt with has been masked, and while they are waiting (20 minutes or so), in waltzes a staff member, masked, with a cup of coffee, sits down about 10-15’ distant, at a computer desk, takes off the mask, and starts to use the terminal while sipping coffee.  The patients are all masked, but pretty freaked.  Can’t run and hide because of various preps.  All 3 grab sheets and cover their masks and heads.  A (masked) tech comes in to get one of them, sees the sheet situation, asks what’s going on, everybody points at the tech drinking coffee, maskless. Neither tech says anything, and the masked tech wheels one of the patients into the inspection room, at that point telling our friend (sic) that the guy was on break.  Later, all hell is raised, and the Dr. in charge responds, & apparently the maskless wonder tested negative that morning, so it didn’t look good, but they’d work to make sure it didn’t happen ever again.  No harm, eh?

The end.  (?)

Trust is not exactly copious right now. :rolleyes:  Actions are more important than intentions, especially during COVID, and who knows it, or acts on it, and for what reasons (on either side) are the only reality.

We need n95’s, for anyone who wants one.  The epidemiological logic of this thing demands it. Enough is enough.

The CDC tweeted this line this summer, along with a link to an article about Delaware:
"In Delaware, universal mask use helped reduce #COVID19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths."

So, uh, what happened?  
Everyone stop wearing masks mid October?  

(there is no way cases can increase when everyone is wearing masks right, that's not even possible...)

unnamed.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 1:21 AM, BlatantEcho said:

(there is no way cases can increase when everyone is wearing masks right, that's not even possible...)

When somebody that half the people think is lying to them asks them to do something, there is no way that some of the people will not do what is asked, right? that's not even possible...

Our chief medical officer has just released us from our three day lockdown (due to us having ONE , YES ONE CASE in the entire state) For the last three days she has made us wear masks everytime we step outside of our home, including when we are alone in our cars.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very supportive of the measures we have taken up to now but this last panic was brought on by populist bullshit, facebook and fear. The one case was the UK zombie strain that a cleaner in an Iso hotel contracted, yet despite her being out in the community for 3 days while infected (in shopping centres, on trains and with her family) NOT A SINGLE NEW INFECTION WAS FOUND. Over 40k tests including hundreds of her close contacts have all tested negative. All those running around screaming how this new strain is 70% more infectious should look at this Queensland example. In fact it has been the least contagious of any case we have had.

Overstepping like this (face masks when alone in your own care FFS) will only undermine confidence in the leadership.

Our premier claims now that her mesures worked and contained the 'Cluster'. The only Cluster is her cluster fuck.

I am changing my screen name to Karen 15.

1 hour ago, Weyalan said:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the whining ;)

Count yourselves lucky down there mate. Our face mask costs are only half what it would be for you guys.

Sure, but when it says "close family only" we have a helluva lot more leeway....

And at least with face masks we don't have the arguments over who's turn it is to have the teeth today

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 6:21 AM, BlatantEcho said:

The CDC tweeted this line this summer, along with a link to an article about Delaware:
"In Delaware, universal mask use helped reduce #COVID19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths."

So, uh, what happened?  

unnamed.jpg

As pointed out when you attempted the same bullshit approach in the Canada thread, North America moves indoors in the October timeframe.  People do not wear masks in their own homes, which means that any exposure to an individual spreads to a family.  Restrictions were never tight in North America, and so cases increased.

As also pointed out, your assertion is a possible conclusion from this graph, but so is the opposite conclusion, that things would be much worse without wearing masks in public.

That's why we do science, to prove one hypothesis or the other.  Everything else is speculation.  So, feel free to continue speculating, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 6:21 AM, BlatantEcho said:

So, uh, what happened?  

unnamed.jpg

image.png.d791ba2eefe18a94f4ccb61faede3df7.png

• Like 3

getting tough with the maskless? whats the fucking point? these people, a year into this, are just too fucking stupid. i am just getting back from the grocery, where the guy behind me in line had his mask just over his nose. i asked him, nicely, if he knew how useless wearing the mask like that was. he replied to me, 'the virus is transferred by your mouth.' i then, nicely, asked him if he knew that his mouth and nose were connected. as a response i got, 'it is what it is.' to which he got called a fuckwit.

come on Darwin..... snap these idiots up before they do much more damage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

whats the fucking point?

Don't give in.

Don’t want to give in?  Get better masks.  Some here have pointed out that cloth masks over a surgical mask are showing good results.  I’ve been posting stuff since March about this sort of thing (dyi and manufactured) with numbers and studies.

Unless BE et al are arguing that masks don’t work, period.  Even in hospital settings.  Even in COVID wards.  Which is worse.  And to what ends?  So BE et al have easier access to masks for themselves? <_<

im going to find , and post again, a link to Armbrust masks.  The link includes testing info, including FDA approval etc..  give me a minute to get it and post it.  We have to be prepared to be standing next to the willfully unmasked.  Period.  They are weaponizing COVID for fear and control.  For their passive aggressive terrorism.  We have to have something between us and Darwin.  

here:

https://www.armbrustusa.com/collections/medical-face-masks-made-in-austin-tx

https://www.armbrustusa.com

we’ve ordered (and received) 800 Armbrust ASTM Level 2 masks, and have n95’s on back order..  Made in Austin, Tx.  

Check him out on Twitter....

We also ordered and received a couple of these too (you can get a solid plastic replaceable face shield), if worse comes to worse...wear with masks... and if Guys like BE et al get physical, your head is a bit protected, at least...and if you don’t want to listen to them, it’s even better!

https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Industrial-Forestry-Protection-Protective/dp/B07CX3QYHW/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&amp;keywords=chainsaw+helmet&amp;qid=1611336851&amp;sr=8-3-spons&amp;psc=1&amp;spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNzNUVUk1MUlKR0NLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDA1NzMxMkFIWUdGUE9UWkcyTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDAwMTMwMTY3T1FEMU0xUThVQSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I’ll link this one more time (March ^^^^) dyi masks and testing

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/ultimate-guide-homemade-face-masks-supplemental-data/

Colorado GOP rep Boebert has introduced legislation to scrap Biden's executive order to wear masks in all federal properties. Will not go anywhere, but what a genius she is.

1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

Colorado GOP rep Boebert has introduced legislation to scrap Biden's executive order to wear masks in all federal properties. Will not go anywhere, but what a genius she is.

what the fuck is it with Colorado? not enough oxygen? lots of fuckwits there.

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

what the fuck is it with Colorado? not enough oxygen? lots of fuckwits there.

Then there is Marjorie Taylor Greene from Georgia who has introduced articles of impeachment against Biden.  She related to Bobert?

23 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Then there is Marjorie Taylor Greene from Georgia who has introduced articles of impeachment against Biden.  She related to Bobert?

Boebert and Greene are the queens of Gab and Parler.  They are hoping to grab the alt-right constituency from Trump.  They are pretty much at 11 on the deranged scale.

23 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

At least just doing her best to help the folks from her neighborhood.

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus/at-covid-front-lines-the-unimaginable-becomes-reality/MTXOTYVPIRDNRAQL3VGWWAAH2I/

23 hours ago, hasher said:

"Nobody imagined that this would go on so long with such intensity."

Not the only quote glossing over of history. Epidemiologists imagined and warned of this.

15 hours ago, Ncik said:
On 1/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, hasher said:

"Nobody imagined that this would go on so long with such intensity."

Not the only quote glossing over of history. Epidemiologists imagined and warned of this.

It's a difficult task, to persuade the stupid.

Even with my limited knowledge, it seemed obvious that this pandemic would be a year or more. Cautious statements to that effect were coming out last March but were getting Trumped. When I was helping draft yacht club and community policy last March, we were careful to say that this would take a long time but not be specific. If confronted with a year of social-distancing etc etc, almost everybody here would have said "fuck that." And we'd have had major plague, dead piled in the street, etc etc.

And here we are, almost a year later, right on the edge of having dead piled in the streets. The new more-contagious variants are showing up in tests. Metro hospitals have covid tents in the parking lot.

But hopefully, even the dumbasses are starting to be convinced that it's real, -and- we have vaccination under way. We're not out of the woods but at least we have a path.

It's been an historic disaster but it could have been worse... and it's not over.

- DSK