Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Backlash grows against Facebook...

last time I checked you don't have to sign up for or participate in FB if you don't want to....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ExOmo said:

last time I checked you don't have to sign up for or participate in FB if you don't want to....

True but that doesn’t mean their platform isn’t bad, nor does it diminish its influence.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

True but that doesn’t mean their platform isn’t bad, nor does it diminish its influence.

True dat

The Zman is the antichrist, He'll sell your soul to make a buck, and you give it willingly.

The first place divorce lawyers go to find out any wrong doing of a spouse is Fbook. 

I ban it from my boat years ago, as "friend" were putting shit on it, I came in from day sailing , and some came up to me and said ,see you went sailing with so/so how come  I wasn't invited, They got their info from FB. wtf!

I love the statement "but I don't do any wrong" well we all do something wrong to someone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

The Zman is the antichrist, He'll sell your soul to make a buck, and you give it willingly.

The first place divorce lawyers go to find out any wrong doing of a spouse is Fbook. 

I ban it from my boat years ago, as "friend" were putting shit on it, I came in from day sailing , and some came up to me and said ,see you went sailing with so/so how come  I wasn't invited, They got their info from FB. wtf!

I love the statement "but I don't do any wrong" well we all do something wrong to someone

Smart move, banning it from your life entirely is even better.

I don't do social media.  Too much gossip and "Look at MEEEEEE!"

The world would be in a much better place if we all took what's written on social media with a grain of salt, or, better yet, went back to the old days where you had real friends.

• Like 2

I'd delete my Facebook account if I could remember anything about it.  I don't want to get them excited by asking for my information, since it's been10 years or more since I looked at it and probably best to let sleeping dogs lie.  

8 hours ago, Jules said:

I don't do social media.

Huh? Where did you post over 4400 times then?

(Couldn't resist. Sorry.)

I fired FB four years ago and never looked back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I'd delete my Facebook account if I could remember anything about it.  I don't want to get them excited by asking for my information, since it's been10 years or more since I looked at it and probably best to let sleeping dogs lie.  

I deactivated my account a few months back. I could not take the idiots posting political crap when I posted a photo of the 2 Sheriff deputies sitting in a 4 wheel drive vehicle guarding the Silver Strand Beach from people who may sit on a towel. There were only about 7 people on the 1 mile beach and 2 were being paid by our taxes. PS, I was pedaling my handcycle getting some fresh air.

• Like 1

I have unfollowed everyone except a few close friends and relatives and Bob Perry's Fan Club. It's their fault I still have an account.  I did delete all my personal info that I could including my birthday.  It FB went bankrupt i would not shed a tear.  or tear a shed.

• Like 2

I quit 6-8 months ago over their policies on advertising.

This crap....makes me more confident that I made the right choice.

I'm sure they don't miss me.  But if enough people left, AND advertisers, it might force a change.

I gave Facebook the boot about half way into the 2016 election. Seeing FB fail  would be a guilty pleasure.

I still check FB a few times a week, basically to see what my friends are up to, and for the occasional cute puppy video.

I haven't posted anything on there for a few years now. When I registered I gave no personal information ie. DOB or profile.

Fuck Zuck.

Prof. Heather Cox Richardson's daily political synopsis makes FB worth it.

Zman going down?

•  
  • Companies are continuing to sign onto a Facebook advertising boycott. 
  • Chobani, Pfizer and SAP are among the latest.