Grrr...

Here come the Florida deaths

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

and countries worldwide are opening up.

Yet Trump said, just yesterday "we're building a strategic plan"

Fucketh offeth I say.

Other countries know the best thing is to open the schools or in some cases they were never closed.  You have to wonder how this would have been Handled in a lame duck presidential term.  I'm pretty sure both sides would have put the politics aside and worked together.

1 minute ago, hasher said:

I'd heard you had libtards in your colon.  You describe yourself as gd mf.  I never knew.  I'll buy you a beer as long as you aren't at the same bar.

The funny thing is I'm not a lefty. Its just that the right in the US doesn't resemble the right anywhere else in sanity land anymore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What makes you think some of us haven"t?   We don't all feel the need to share personal stuff on this site.  That said how's your wife doing?

See, here comes the bullshitting. And this? Pure horseshit

Just now, The Joker said:

Other countries know the best thing is to open the schools or in some cases they were never closed.  You have to wonder how this would have been Handled in a lame duck presidential term.  I'm pretty sure both sides would have put the politics aside and worked together.

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I'm pretty sure both sides would have put the politics aside and worked together.

Spiders envy the webs you spin.  

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I was thinking about good old Hillary this morning.

We'd likely have an R congress.

Hillary would have run a Germany type approach. We'd likely have control over the viral spread in blue states, less so in Red. Seem familiar?  Any stimulus would have been much smaller.

There would be much hatred. 

So maybe it's not Trump, it's Republicans?

7 minutes ago, hasher said:

Spiders envy the webs you spin.  

I can see you are simply a troll     see ya

23 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You mean like it was vetting a candidate for the Supreme court? 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

See, here comes the bullshitting. And this? Pure horseshit

"I'm pretty sure both sides would have put the politics aside and worked together."

The Joker made a funny.  I didn't think he had it in him.  Somebody tell him about the purple font, OK?

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Waiting for the Joke to start a “US ranked #1 in preparedness to send kids back to school” thread.

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

You mean like it was vetting a candidate for the Supreme court? 

Nope that’s politics.  I’m talking about a national emergency.  
 For the record I think Garland deserved a full hearing.  

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

The numbers are not out that the Covid deaths have increased the average,  I mean they counted a 20 year old that died in a motorcycle crash as a Covid  caused death because he tested positive. 

What do you make of the gentle ebb and flow of death counts, coupled with that funny anomaly over to the right?

CDC - Excess Deaths

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 7.37.42 PM.png

20 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Nope that’s politics.  I’m talking about a national emergency.  
 For the record I think Garland deserved a full hearing.  

So things would be different during a lame duck Presidency.  Does this mean if Trump is re-elected he stops saying crazy shit like COVID-19 is a hoax, or is just going to just go away, or that children can't carry it?  

16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Some Most countries have done a much better job of addressing the virus and their death rate has fallen dramatically.

FTFY

Another 125 today in Florida, Bullshitters. 7 day moving avg of 121. 

Thet’s note a spoik!

Looking Good for a Sunday count, Bullshitters. We finally brokethat string of 100+ deaths per day, so let’s hear you declare victory. 

The Sunday numbers also broke that string of 10k new cases confirmed, but you might not want to strut too much about that one, Bullshitters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-idUSKCN24R0IH

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Looking Good for a Sunday count, Bullshitters. We finally brokethat string of 100+ deaths per day, so let’s hear you declare victory. 

The Sunday numbers also broke that string of 10k new cases confirmed, but you might not want to strut too much about that one, Bullshitters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-idUSKCN24R0IH

Pandemics do what pandemics do... don’t be so naive... we are very lucky CV-19 is not a deadly virus as historical viral pandemics go

take appropriate risk profile precautions and go on with life 

@BravoBravo Any thoughts on why South Korea and Japan have kept the pandemic from doing what it does?   Superior genetics? Superior technology?     How long until we become the equal of Germany?   Dare we aspire to a Poland level of pandemic excellence?

23 minutes ago, Lark said:

@BravoBravo Any thoughts on why South Korea and Japan have kept the pandemic from doing what it does?   Superior genetics? Superior technology?     How long until we become the equal of Germany?   Dare we aspire to a Poland level of pandemic excellence?

Leadership. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Leadership. 

It’s amazing so many states have bad leadership compared to the Polish Voivodeships or German Bundenslander.   We are assured it’s a states’ issue, not federal.   Why didn’t Texas, Ohio, Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia (not the nation, which handled the virus quite well), etc etc chose proper Republican leadership like we did on a national level?    Maybe I’m missing something important.   It’s probably obvious, like a big orange buoy or something.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"Effective immediately, I am recommending mandatory mask wearing anytime in public.

I'm signing the required paperwork to that will guarantee the production of  PPE for all care workers.  It will be available ASAP

and at cost.

I'm also making available testing, free, with under 24-hr results.

Anybody in my administration seen in public without a mask will be unemployed within a day.

That is my commitment to helping to stop the spread of this virus.  More to follow.

Please join me in this task."

His ratings would go up 10 points in a week.

And it would probably cost less.

Edited by Mike G

On 7/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, mathystuff said:

Well, yeah.

The US is in the second wave and everyone else is exterminating the virus on a national level.

Uh no.  This is still the first wave..  The 2nd one will hit around thanksgiving kiddos going back to school is not going to help.  This is a corona virus.  Every other corona virus has done well in the colder months.  IMHO This "spike" is mild compared to what is on the horizon and I am an optimist.  I just can't see this group doing anything proactive...    

On 7/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, Raz'r said:

I was thinking about good old Hillary this morning.

We'd likely have an R congress.

Hillary would have run a Germany type approach. We'd likely have control over the viral spread in blue states, less so in Red. Seem familiar?  Any stimulus would have been much smaller.

There would be much hatred. 

So maybe it's not Trump, it's Republicans?

It always has been.  Trump is a vessel they can fill with whatever is needed to tackle the issues of the day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

It always has been.  Trump is a vessel they can fill with whatever is needed to tackle the issues of the day.  

Exactly. Find a way for the Be$t American$ to make bank on the virus being gone and you would see the GOP and the media bullshit machine work the faithful into a lather to do anything other than pretend to give a shit about it. 

Until then, try not to notice the 125 daily average dead in Florida over the last seven days. 

186 Covid deaths in FL today, Bullshitters. Is that a spike?  Maybe it is for the folks whose family member(s) are among those numbers. 

Maybe bullshitting isn’t effective at stopping a virus. 

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

186 Covid deaths in FL today, Bullshitters. Is that a spike?  Maybe it is for the folks whose family member(s) are among those numbers. 

Damn

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Damn

9,200 new cases confirmed as well. Whatever we are doing works about as well as the Pray Away the Gay Policy did a while back. 

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Another record.  We need to get BravoBravo in here to remind us "Life goes on" (except for those 186 people). 

Mikey can play with the numbers and remind us that more people die from other causes (while pretending as if they aren't STILL dying of those other causes).

Winning!

On 7/27/2020 at 7:34 AM, shaggy said:

Trump is a vessel they can fill with whatever is needed to tackle the issues of the day.  

Because, God knows, there is nothing else there.

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Because, God knows, there is nothing else there.

Everyone knows he is full of shit.

216 more Florida deaths counted today, Bullshitters.  That's what, 399 in two days?  9500 more cases, to push us over the 450K mark. Maybe bullshit isn't working so well at stopping the virus. Does the state's Bullshitter in Chief still want an apology? 

Moveable ballast says we all take chances when we get in a car.

That thinking will help the spike, I'm sure.

Trump heard from 'a lot of people' that hurricanes will kill the coronavirus, so keeping his fingers crossed that we get some strengthening.  

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

Moveable ballast says we all take chances when we get in a car.

That thinking will help the spike, I'm sure.

I wonder if taking 'the hydroxy' will prevent car wrecks, too?

- DSK

On 7/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

And with the still high number of daily new infections the deaths will keep on coming. Only hope is that in state like Florida or Arizona more MAGAs are among them.

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

You haven't read Trump's position paper on that?  He thinks everyone should double their speeds so you would only be on the road half the time of what it currently takes.  Ergo, accidents would be reduced to half of the present rates.  The man is truly a visionary.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

And with the still high number of daily new infections the deaths will keep on coming. Only hope is that in state like Florida or Arizona more MAGAs are among them.

Sadly, it's poor people in Texas.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Sadly, it's poor people in Texas.

Unfortunately it's everywhere like that. That is the group which can least afford to maintain best practices, they have to go to work (if they still have a job), and so on.

11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

You haven't read Trump's position paper on that?  He thinks everyone should double their speeds so you would only be on the road half the time of what it currently takes.  Ergo, accidents would be reduced to half of the present rates.  The man is truly a visionary.   

I bet Mikey has some math that proves this is true

- DSK

• Like 2

251 more Florida covid deaths announced today, Bullshitters, with another 10K new cases to ensure that trend continues.  Where'd y'all go? Come back here with those goalposts. 

You Dumb Fucks. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

251 more Florida covid deaths announced today, Bullshitters, with another 10K new cases to ensure that trend continues.  Where'd y'all go? Come back here with those goalposts. 

You Dumb Fucks. 

guess my forecasts were way low.  The most interesting point is that the 3-5 week lag from new case to death means that the number of dying in Florida will keep increasing for another month before it plateaus. 

Anyone seen Mikey?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

guess my forecasts were way low.  The most interesting point is that the 3-5 week lag from new case to death means that the number of dying in Florida will keep increasing for another month before it plateaus. 

Anyone seen Mikey?

He's sobbing in his stairwell.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Anyone seen Mikey?

another month past the time when the new case counts plateau. we may be there, with numbers hanging around 1k per day for some time. Hopefully those will start to decline at some point. Will the bullshitters let folks take it seriously, or will we still get the bullshit treatment for a pandemic? 

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Anyone seen Mikey?

He has been on ignore for the last couple o months...  not worth the bandwidth...

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You Dumb Fucks. 

Gonna need to rescale the Y Axis.....

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 10.58.59 AM.png

6 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

While that sucks - still less than the number of deaths from Cuomo's nursing home fuck-up.   

Anything to distract and deflect from the current crisis.

Besides, we know so much more about this beast, now.  

Makes the current mishandling far more egregious.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Anything to distract and deflect from the current crisis.

Besides, we know so much more about this beast, now.  

Makes the current mishandling far more egregious.

Hey, look at how many Florida lives will be saved from Malaria, now that Captain Ron has cornered the market on Hydroxychloroquine. Turn that frown upside down, and support the team against the Enemy. 

Well Sol, it looks like Florida is finally turning the corner.  New cases are flattening out.    Hmmm.  So are Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Noth Dakota, Oregon, Ohio, South Carolina and more.

How curious.

The even better news is that it means in about 2 weeks the deaths should start tapering off too.  

3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Well Sol, it looks like Florida is finally turning the corner.  New cases are flattening out.    Hmmm.  So are Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Noth Dakota, Oregon, Ohio, South Carolina and more.

How curious.

The even better news is that it means in about 2 weeks the deaths should start tapering off too.  

If we're lucky, it's because enough people said "fuck you" to their political leaders and are listening to the medical experts.

If we're unlucky, it's because the new numbers are purposefully understated.

It's likely a bit of both.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

How curious.

It looks to me like deaths are 3-4 weeks behind cases, but cases are still hovering around 10K per day, which isn't cause to celebrate just yet. 

I am not among them, thankfully. I got my negative results yesterday. I will be very glad when we push the numbers down to where Captain Ron can declare victory again. 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It looks to me like deaths are 3-4 weeks behind cases, but cases are still hovering around 10K per day, which isn't cause to celebrate just yet. 

I am not among them, thankfully. I got my negative results yesterday. I will be very glad when we push the numbers down to where Captain Ron can declare victory again. 

Glad you're still healthy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

.... I got my negative results yesterday.

Whatever 'negative results' means anymore. We have it on high authority that highly positive results are a negative...or what was it? :wacko:

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

another month past the time when the new case counts plateau. we may be there, with numbers hanging around 1k per day for some time. Hopefully those will start to decline at some point. Will the bullshitters let folks take it seriously, or will we still get the bullshit treatment for a pandemic? 

3-4 weeks are unfortunately the quick ones, there are also much longer ones (e.g. that Broadway guy with 5,6,7 months?)

13 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

While that sucks - still less than the number of deaths from Cuomo's nursing home fuck-up.   

I would LOL at the ridiculousness of that statement, except it isn't funny. 

Let's wait until the southern States' numbers are in, to compare. 

Considering news organizations had to sue Texas, to get them to even start releasing any nursing home numbers...

17 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

Just so we are crystal clear - you're comparing the mistakes a state made in the first month or two of the virus, with the ONGOING decisions to not protect the population of Florida, 5 months later.  So you're comparing the unknowns of a new virus, with the WILLFUL ignorance of a State Governor who refuses to even try to protect his state's population.

That's apples and oranges, buddy.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ever since DeSantis took control of COVID record keeping, I have been skeptical about the numbers.  Too many anti-maskers still asserting their right to infect whoever they want to make me believe we've reached a plateau.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Ever since DeSantis took control of COVID record keeping, I have been skeptical about the numbers.  Too many anti-maskers still asserting their right to infect whoever they want to make me believe we've reached a plateau.

Oh come on now, you aren’t suggesting that Captain Ron would fudge the numbers, are you? Never mind the person who got fired from her FL DOH gig for refusing to do just that. Bullshit is very effective at stopping a virus. Just go to the land of make believe and you will find that the virus is a thing of the past. 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Oh come on now, you aren’t suggesting that Captain Ron would fudge the numbers, are you? Never mind the person who got fired from her FL DOH gig for refusing to do just that. Bullshit is very effective at stopping a virus. Just go to the land of make believe and you will find that the virus is a thing of the past. 

Silly me.  What was I thinking?  Trump's MiniMe would never do such a thing.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the fired scientist runs this website - https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d2726d6c01c4486181fec2d4373b01fa

13 hours ago, Marty6 said:

3-4 weeks are unfortunately the quick ones, there are also much longer ones (e.g. that Broadway guy with 5,6,7 months?)

The two cases affecting our family were both 4+ months from hospitalization until death. About half that time in ICU. Not a good way to die.     

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

Silly me.  What was I thinking?  Trump's MiniMe would never do such a thing.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the fired scientist runs this website - https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d2726d6c01c4486181fec2d4373b01fa

Yes, it is a great bit of work. I sent her a few bucks to help keep it going. I prolly need to do it again. I think she filed a whistleblower complaint at some point but I have not kept up with it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

depends.  kids at the beach take a week or two to give it to their parents, who might take a week before they give it to their parents, and then add a month.

Gonna be a hell of an autumn in the sunshine state

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

depends.  kids at the beach take a week or two to give it to their parents, who might take a week before they give it to their parents, and then add a month.

Gonna be a hell of an autumn in the sunshine state

Gonna be a hell of a winter for every state as kids go back to school and the string of infection you just described takes hold.  Our school just announced they will be having classes every day.  For the full amount of time.  Half the amount of time the kids will be spending in front of computers...... in the same room sitting next to eachother.  No partitions on busses, no way to social distance.

I'm sure schools are trying to figure out the best way to have classes inside their budget restrictions and still meet the UNCHANGED hours requirement per student.  It's a mess.  Online school, here we come.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Gonna be a hell of a winter for every state as kids go back to school and the string of infection you just described takes hold.  Our school just announced they will be having classes every day.  For the full amount of time.  Half the amount of time the kids will be spending in front of computers...... in the same room sitting next to eachother.  No partitions on busses, no way to social distance.

I'm sure schools are trying to figure out the best way to have classes inside their budget restrictions and still meet the UNCHANGED hours requirement per student.  It's a mess.  Online school, here we come.

It’s just kids.... once they’re born, who cares?

• Like 1

256 Covid deaths reported today in Florida, Bullshitters. But hey, look at those new cases, down to 9,000!  Better take that goalpost and run with it before school starts.  Spin it up, bullshitters. 

5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Just so we are crystal clear - you're comparing the mistakes a state made in the first month or two of the virus, with the ONGOING decisions to not protect the population of Florida, 5 months later.  So you're comparing the unknowns of a new virus, with the WILLFUL ignorance of a State Governor who refuses to even try to protect his state's population.

That's apples and oranges, buddy.

Expecting Trumpians to comprehend that is a bridge too far my friend.

I'm sure they look at the figures from Italy months ago and think "Hey, we're doing great".

35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s just kids.... once they’re born, who cares?

Ain't that the truth.

If only there were someone like Dr. Anthony Fauci to give the USA some guidance. If only.  And what happened to all those experts here who trumpeted that even though infections were going up the deaths were going down? wassup wid dose guys?

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

If only there were someone like Dr. Anthony Fauci to give the USA some guidance. If only.  And what happened to all those experts here who trumpeted that even though infections were going up the deaths were going down? wassup wid dose guys?

The bullshitters? They ran away to sling their bullshit elsewhere, once that line of bullshit started resulting in more dead people. That’s what bullshitters do. 

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The bullshitters? They ran away to sling their bullshit elsewhere, once that line of bullshit started resulting in more dead people. That’s what bullshitters do. 

They’ll flare up again when things look “better” through some metric. Or they’ll just fucking lie, like the joke did with schools.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

If the USA had followed the guidelines of our Dr. Bonnie Henry you would have had 12,578 deaths to date.

That means over 140,000 deaths can be attributed to Trump and his moron followers.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

If the USA had followed the guidelines of our Dr. Bonnie Henry you would have had 12,578 deaths to date.

That means over 140,000 deaths can be attributed to Trump and his moron followers.

If you take into account the differences in population it wouldn't be that many - more importantly though is the current conditions - Canada is in pretty stable shape and the USA is still a house on fire. Embers everywhere. This fall without a massive lockdown effort we may see 1/4 million ex citizens here. Until there is a reliable and effective vaccine I see little chance of improvement. Besides the deaths, those 4.5 million infections result in extensive and expensive hospitalizations and still yet to be determined long term health consequences. 

oh well, back to the salt mines.

6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Gonna be a hell of a winter for every state as kids go back to school and the string of infection you just described takes hold.  Our school just announced they will be having classes every day. 

My kid ain't.  

• Like 1

A colleague who retired to Florida shared with me this photo of the overflow crowd awaiting the arrival of AF 1.

crowd.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

A colleague who retired to Florida shared with me this photo of the overflow crowd awaiting the arrival of AF 1.

crowd.jpg

It is hurricane supply procurement day here, and one thing nobody needs more of is hateful bullshit, hence the sparse crowd. 

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

256 Covid deaths reported today in Florida, Bullshitters. But hey, look at those new cases, down to 9,000!  Better take that goalpost and run with it before school starts.  Spin it up, bullshitters. 

This deserves another posting

• Like 2

4 deaths in Benghazi, and the uproar on FOX was furious.  Even here.

150k?  DEFENDING the one person that has the ability to get a national testing strategy started but isn't?

Defending the one person that has the ability to maximize PPE production but isn't?

Weird to me.

The R's have a much better outrage machine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Embers everywhere. This fall without a massive lockdown effort we may see 1/4 million ex citizens here. Until there is a reliable and effective vaccine I see little chance of improvement.

A former WHO epidemiologist said a vaccine won't stop this.  The virus is going to keep going until it burns every tinder there is.

4 minutes ago, Mike G said:

4 deaths in Benghazi, and the uproar on FOX was furious.  Even here.

150k?  DEFENDING the one person that has the ability to get a national testing strategy started but isn't?

Defending the one person that has the ability to maximize PPE production but isn't?

Weird to me.

The R's have a much better outrage machine.

Like this?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike G said:

The kids will save

our sense of humour. Who want's to criticize their nihilism. :D