Grrr...

Here come the Florida deaths

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

would Instantaneous slope be the same as an inflexion point?

never mind :D

Not really. If I'm understanding it correctly, any point on the graph of a function will have an "instantaneous slope" which is whether it's going up or down, and how much. But it will only be an inflexion point if the slope makes a comparatively large change at that point.

{edit to add}

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Inflection point occurs where the slope changes sign.

Good question though... and adding thanks to C20

- DSK

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I bet dog thinks it is merely coincidence that I was able to peg to the day when deaths in Florida would begin trending upward based on New infections.

It's even more accurate to use hospitalizations, but Florida is fucking with the data pretty badly.

And contrary to what dog says, statistical models can absolutely use multi variable regression to statistically predict some of the behavior of this virus.  Unfortunately it is complicated by data collection noise and other issues.

Of course, these are only models, just like weather predicting.

How many covid deaths will we see in Florida tomorrow genius?

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

But it will only be an inflexion point if the slope makes a comparatively large change at that point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Vanishing point

Screenshot (133).png

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Take the number of folks in hospital

Apply percentage

and lower it as Sunday is a slow reporting day

Will it rain in miami?

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

When the 2nd derivative = zero.

In most cases true, but what about a horizontal line?  Aren't the first and second derivates zero at each point on that line yet I sure wouldn't see anything I would call an inflection point.  

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Almost as deadly as the Ebola pandemic. 

GOP Sen.: Obama ‘Failed’ on Ebola but Trump’s Stepped Up With COVID-19

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-senator-joni-ernst-says-obama-failed-on-ebola-but-trumps-stepped-up-with-covid-19

talking points are out.

maybe @The Joker will pop back in and say he doesn’t give a fuck about the health care personnel he administers dieing.

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Almost as deadly as the Ebola pandemic. 

I’ll take the China virus over “almost “

On 7/5/2020 at 3:56 AM, mikewof said:

I still don't understand how Florida is managing to falsify death certificates now that they have been caught, but aside form that, the latest from Florida is decreasing deaths, down to 18 per day as of yesterday, with a normal death load of a few hundred from the normal causes ...

1164949950_ScreenShot2020-07-05at1_50_52AM.png.05cce672e031dc5efa61209f6e648068.png

The USA shows roughly the same decreasing trend it has shown for the last several weeks ...

684739855_ScreenShot2020-07-05at1_58_42AM.png.ee511e208a488c2f1cb3f1741c2025d8.png

You are not a scientist.  And this post proves it.  You just attempted to take a single data point and conclude it was a trend that proves deaths are decreasing.  You completely ignored the weekly cycle of deaths.  You are a liar, and a denier, and a dangerous one at that.  Here's the trendline since Jun 7 in Florida.  Spin it you tedious bullshitter.

image.png.551b772ecb8d75dfc20c3ef200d9460c.png

On 7/5/2020 at 9:00 AM, Dog said:

You're asking me to be clairvoyant?  That's pretty pathetic.  Even for you.  However, here's the CDC predictions including all the models of from different hospitals.  And, holy shit.... It shows an increase in the death rate in Florida.  In nearly every model.

image.thumb.png.4699ea5c257ec0fd8e547c1b6b78e76c.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/Consolidated-Forecasts-2020-06-29.pdf

Those are cumulative death rates, so when you see them curving upward, that means the rate is increasing.  A flat line would be a constant rate.  Don't worry dog, we'll explain it to you more if needed.

And those are actual people.  Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers.  Not some made up numbers for you to lie about for political purposes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

And those are actual people.  Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers.  Not some made up numbers for you to lie about for political purposes.

How do you know that they are all people? Some could be democRATS!

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Meanwhile, in the actual world...  Four Tampa hospitals at ICU capacity. Don’t worry Tampa bullshitters, it’s a democRAT hoax. Stick with the crowd and own those libs!

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/505959-four-tampa-area-hospitals-at-maximum-icu-capacity

Ain’t Tampa Red? Trump killing his voters ain’t gonna be good. (Since @Dogwent there)

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Ain’t Tampa Red? Trump killing his voters ain’t gonna be good. (Since @Dogwent there)

Mondays always provide fertile ground in which bullshitters can plant their temporary goalposts. 

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

You are not a scientist.  And this post proves it.  You just attempted to take a single data point and conclude it was a trend that proves deaths are decreasing.  You completely ignored the weekly cycle of deaths.  You are a liar, and a denier, and a dangerous one at that.  Here's the trendline since Jun 7 in Florida.  Spin it you tedious bullshitter.

image.png.551b772ecb8d75dfc20c3ef200d9460c.png

So, when you see a line of connected data points, you call that a "single data point"?

No offense "Grr" but in the USA, most every fifth grader learns the basics of reading a graph.

The rise in COVID positives is certainly due in part to the increase in testing.  A couple months ago, you couldn't even get a test unless you had symptoms.  But, according to an article in the local newspaper, positives are running around 22%.  That's alarming.

21 minutes ago, mikewof said:

So, when you see a line of connected data points, you call that a "single data point"?

No offense "Grr" but in the USA, most every fifth grader learns the basics of reading a graph.

Your statement.  NOT mine. 

bloviator: the latest from Florida is decreasing deaths, down to 18 per day as of yesterday

And, as I showed, the actual data for the last month shows an increase, with an increasing trend.  You took a single data point and decided that meant decreasing deaths, which is 100% WRONG.

You either lied, or YOU can't read a graph.  Try again Mr. scientist.

Once more for review, wofsey says: "decreasing deaths"

Reality:  trendlines and models all show increasing deaths.

image.png.e803b656fa4bd8d04c9bd919a8b74e30.png

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

bloviator: the latest from Florida is decreasing deaths, down to 18 per day as of yesterday

And, as I showed, the actual data for the last month shows an increase, with an increasing trend.  You took a single data point and decided that meant decreasing deaths, which is 100% WRONG.

Cherry picking. A bullshitter favorite. Hey, at least bullshitters can do something other than move the goalpost!  Hey bullshitters, any of you have the balls to try to work a No Good Scotsman fallacy into a COVID discussion?  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Cherry picking. A bullshitter favorite. Hey, at least bullshitters can do something other than move the goalpost!  Hey bullshitters, any of you have the balls to try to work a No Good Scotsman fallacy into a COVID discussion?  

No true American wears a face mask in public.

• Like 1

Here's a Florida death for you, Bullshitters.  Caused by Bullshitters.  Good job. Stop repeating Q Anon Bullshit!  Fuckers. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/florida-teen-dies-after-conspiracy-theorist-mom-takes-her-to-church-covid-party-and-tries-to-treat-her-with-trump-approved-drug-report/ 

My brother, an evangelical Christian, lives NE of Orlando and is a major supporter of President Trump.  I have fears he would do this very thing.

In my opinion, that Mother should be arrested and charged in her daughter's death.  I know some will argue "religious freedom".

Her daughter did not have to die.  Her daughter's death can be traced back to the Mother's actions/inactions.

Here's a Florida death for you, Bullshitters.  Caused by Bullshitters.  Good job. Stop repeating Q Anon Bullshit!  Fuckers. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/florida-teen-dies-after-conspiracy-theorist-mom-takes-her-to-church-covid-party-and-tries-to-treat-her-with-trump-approved-drug-report/ 

That is just horrific. It breaks my heart when I see kids being abused like that. The parent(s) should absolutely serve a long prison sentence in cases like this. 

21 minutes ago, LenP said:

That is just horrific. It breaks my heart when I see kids being abused like that. The parent(s) should absolutely serve a long prison sentence in cases like this. 

The patents and the church minister should be sent to be judged by  his maker 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Oh, wait. Apologies, now I see your point. It seems that you didn't recognize months of data when presented in front of your eyeballs in the form of two graphs made from CDC data, and you decided instead focus on three words.

Apologies, I didn't know that you are an idiot, I'll try to adjust my communications with you inthefuture.com.

59 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Oh, wait. Apologies, now I see your point. It seems that you didn't recognize months of data when presented in front of your eyeballs in the form of two graphs made from CDC data, and you decided instead focus on three words.

Apologies, I didn't know that you are an idiot, I'll try to adjust my communications with you inthefuture.com.

Months of data?

If only people's behaviour hadn't changed for a few of those months......

4 hours ago, LenP said:

These people are in a cult. It has nothing to do with religion. They just follow the spur of the moment teachings of a game show bullshitter. 

5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Months of data?

If only people's behaviour hadn't changed for a few of those months......

Yeah.

But what are we going to do? People are people. We change our behavior because we are flesh and blood and not robots.

But as for now, deaths are still going down most places in the country. And if deaths start to increase again later, we can do The Second Great Quarantine. That may be necessary in July 7, 2020, but it seems largely unnecessary on July 6, 2020.

10 hours ago, mikewof said:

Keep bloviating.  Deaths are trending up in Florida, and you lying about it doesn't change the facts.

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

These people are in a cult. It has nothing to do with religion. They just follow the spur of the moment teachings of a game show bullshitter. 

Sounds familiar. 

34 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Keep bloviating.  Deaths are trending up in Florida, and you lying about it doesn't change the facts.

Trending up in Florida?

This upward trend line is across how many days?

19 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Trending up in Florida?

This upward trend line is across how many days?

7-day averages of new cases since the beginning of June have all trended upward.  I take it you're not a data analysis guy.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/florida-coronavirus-cases.html

Deaths are a bit harder due to how they're reported but Grr showed a positive trend line in the plot he showed yesterday or the day before.   The 7-day average is on the page above and shows the same thing Grr showed, a positive trend since early June.

Florida sure hasn't turned the corner in any case.   

Michigan data with a governor who was a bit more draconian on shutting things down.  The upward trend in mid-June was from opening things which have now been restricted again.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/michigan-coronavirus-cases.html

28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

ICU capacity reached at five central FL hospitals. Spin it up, Bullshitters. They’re not dead yet, right Bullshitters?

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-hospitalization-update-20200707-rvk6g2zibnawrh57ovtef3d4hy-story.html

These patriotic anti-maskers are only fighting for their freedom to spread COVID wherever they go.  This is Amerika, goddamnit!

2 hours ago, Mid said:

"I feel threatened!" as he angrily approaches the recorder with clench fists while yelling.

What's the over under of people who would say the redshirt man was doing the threatening?

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

"I feel threatened!" as he angrily approaches the recorder with clench fists while yelling.

What's the over under of people who would say the redshirt man was doing the threatening?

I am going to guess that 55% of people will think the man in the redshirt was the one being threatening, while 41% will believe it was the person recording it. Just a hunch. 

3 minutes ago, LenP said:

I am going to guess that 55% of people will think the man in the redshirt was the one being threatening, while 41% will believe it was the person recording it. Just a hunch. 

Recording a MAGAt is very threatening.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Recording a MAGAt is very threatening.

Along with women, minorities, science and the concept of truth. Very threatening... scary stuff.  

35 minutes ago, Jules said:

These patriotic anti-maskers are only fighting for their freedom to spread COVID wherever they go.  This is Amerika, goddamnit!

I encourage them to throw COVID parties for like minded Patriots. Bring in someone who has it and let everyone gather round like mosquitoes in the Deep Woods Off tent. 
What better way to own some libs?

Jeff will be along shortly to just say how proud he is of these brave warriors sacrificing themselves for the greater good. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will blame their tragic deaths on both sides although Nancy deserves more blame because everyone knows what Mitch will do.

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I encourage them to throw COVID parties for like minded Patriots. Bring in someone who has it and let everyone gather round like mosquitoes in the Deep Woods Off tent. 
What better way to own some libs?

Problem is they don't seem to be paying any price for their selfishness.  Maybe if the news started reporting COVID deaths with an sub-category for anti-masker deaths.

I knew I had seen that guy before - he's the red head guy when he had a beard.

3 hours ago, Mid said:

These   Trump  'tards  sure  are  snowflakes.     Sheesh.

12 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Sure wish they would all just melt and be done with it

46 minutes ago, Jules said:

Problem is they don't seem to be paying any price for their selfishness.  Maybe if the news started reporting COVID deaths with an sub-category for anti-masker deaths.

None at all. They just get other people killed. That’s why they should walk the walk and just accept the virus as their own fact of life. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Here you go Bullshitters. This is what your bullshit results in. Nice work. You fuckers. 

https://www.staugustine.com/news/20200707/florida-teen-fighting-for-her-life-against-covid-19-family-begs-people-to-wear-masks

Maybe the @Dog's and other pieces of shit will pay attention when it's young white girls dying.

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

None at all. They just get other people killed. That’s why they should walk the walk and just accept the virus as their own fact of life. 

No mask, no treatment. It's fair.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Fort Myers, represent!  

38 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No mask, no treatment. It's fair.

So do Aids patients get treatment under your edict? 

18 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

If someone with Aids has unprotected sex without revealing that fact they face jail time. Is that fair?

edit: This is me giving you a hard time  - I don't agree with the mask rule since the it's impossible to monitor or enforce besides the fact that unless it is an N95 or equivalent the mask protects everyone else, you not so much.  I did ream out a guy with no mask who kept getting closer to me in line until while paying he was standing right next to me - I said I get you don't think you have to wear a mask but what part of 6 feet do you not understand ASSHOLE.  He avoided me like the plague until I received my food.  And backed way up as I was leaving. 

edit edit: In the Aids case they would still be treated although it might be in a prison infirmary.

I still like the approach from an OP I read recently: Hire all the big burly bouncers who are out of work due to bars closing and have them stand next to the mask signs at store entrances.  Try to Karen one of those dudes.

13 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Any AIDS patient that goes around specifically trying to share the virus? Yeah, that works for me too. In fact, you could arrest them.

Under the criminal law, a person with HIV is criminally liable for prosecution if they have intentionally transmitted the virus to their partner without informing them of their status. In NSW the relevant offences are separated into those done intentionally (s. 33 of the Crimes Act 1900),[13] and those done recklessly (s. 35). The definition of grievous bodily harm (GBH)[14] now[when?] explicitly includes (in ss. 4(1)(c)) 'any grievous bodily disease'.[15][failed verification] This means that the infliction of grievous bodily harm refers to causing a person to contract a grievous bodily disease. Under section 33 a person who intends to inflict grievous bodily harm on another person can be imprisoned for up to 25 years while under section 35 a person who recklessly causes another person grievous bodily harm can be imprisoned for up to 10 years and 14 years if in company. This can include causing someone to be infected with HIV. A person is generally deemed as reckless when they are aware that there is a risk that another person may be caused as a result of their actions, but they proceed to act anyway.[citation needed]

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

My sister in NYC just tested positive for it, she's a DMD, presumably caught it from one of her patients.

She's an asthmatic, and respiratory infections like SARS-CoV-2 can be deadly for people who have asthma, COPD, etc.. But I suspect that a big part of why she's not getting too sick is because it's a nice warm summer, and lung diseases are far less deadly in the warm months than the cold months.

Assuming that most of us are going to eventually catch it, I'm glad that she at least caught it when in the warmth, than when the cold air of the 2020 flu season starts in December. She'll have her immunity.

Best wishes to your sister Mike on a speedy and uneventful recovery.  

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

If someone with Aids has unprotected sex without revealing that fact they face jail time. Is that fair?

edit: This is me giving you a hard time  - I don't agree with the mask rule since the it's impossible to monitor or enforce besides the fact that unless it is an N95 or equivalent the mask protects everyone else, you not so much.  I did ream out a guy with no mask who kept getting closer to me in line until while paying he was standing right next to me - I said I get you don't think you have to wear a mask but what part of 6 feet do you not understand ASSHOLE.  He avoided me like the plague until I received my food.  And backed way up as I was leaving. 

edit edit: In the Aids case they would still be treated although it might be in a prison infirmary.

I still like the approach from an OP I read recently: Hire all the big burly bouncers who are out of work due to bars closing and have them stand next to the mask signs at store entrances.  Try to Karen one of those dudes.

Something you are quite familiar with... you a pitcher or catcher?

32 minutes ago, mikewof said:

My sister in NYC just tested positive for it...

Sorry to hear this, sincerely hope she does OK and recovers fully & quickly

- DSK

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sorry to hear this, sincerely hope she does OK and recovers fully & quickly

- DSK

Thank you for the well wishes.I haven't spoken with her yet, but my mom said she feels okay.

I suspect that with her asthma it would have been life-threatening if she caught it back in March. People with shitty lungs don't do well with lung infections. Pneumonia nearly killed me one year when I didn't take it seriously.

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

7-day averages of new cases since the beginning of June have all trended upward.  I take it you're not a data analysis guy.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/florida-coronavirus-cases.html

Deaths are a bit harder due to how they're reported but Grr showed a positive trend line in the plot he showed yesterday or the day before.   The 7-day average is on the page above and shows the same thing Grr showed, a positive trend since early June.

Florida sure hasn't turned the corner in any case.   

Michigan data with a governor who was a bit more draconian on shutting things down.  The upward trend in mid-June was from opening things which have now been restricted again.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/michigan-coronavirus-cases.html

Oh, it's becoming increasingly clear he's not a data-anything guy.  And certainly not a scientist.

3 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

I liked one of his quotes.  It took  @realDonaldTrump  one day to issue an #ExecutiveOrder because he was upset Twitter called him out on his lies. It took him 3 months to order PPE to help fight #coronavirus.

20 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Oh, it's becoming increasingly clear he's not a data-anything guy.  And certainly not a scientist.

I'm a sufficiently well-trained scientist to know that trendlines can't be arbitrarily chosen.

I had no argument that cases are trending upward, they would do that, since the quarantine ended, virulent infections infect in a virulent way, and also testing has increased significantly (any untested person is considered negative for COVID). But you didn't write anything about "cases" you wrote that deaths are trending upward.

If you look at the entire data set (which is the correct way to do it) deaths are no longer trending upward in Florida, as you claimed, you made that up, or worse, you picked an arbitrarily small data set to create an upward trend line. You can insult me all you like about my scientific abilities, but I do know that it isn't kosher to choose arbitrary setpoints for trendlines. There has to be a compelling reason within the data itself to define subsets of the data.

Given that, I do agree with Cal20sailor, who -- unlike you -- has clear qualifications in data analysis, he posted some of his publications a few months ago, as did I. But you have nothing of the sort. Cal20sailor is correct in my opinion, that Florida has not "turned the corner", part of the difficulty in Florida is undoubtedly that some 30% of the population is older than 60, and COVID tends to kill older people. Given that, we're not seeing what we saw in NYC, the daily COVID deaths in Florida are at about 10% of the normal daily deaths. Eventually, elderly people get so frail and weak, that it doesn't take much to overwhelm their defenses.

But you see, there is a significant difference between "Grrr" and Cal20sailor ... he challenged me to a science-off and he has the actual credentials and experience to communicate reasonably in this area. Your expertise is not only unproven, but just in this thread alone, you've already demonstrated either misinformation or disinformation, that the deaths in Florida are trending upward. They are not. They may trend upward at some point inthefuture.com, and they obviously can trend anywhere you want them to trend with an arbitrary data set, but the data does not show what you claim it to show.

This just in from Wofsey: one month of data points is not a trend.

Boy-o.  You're one arrogant bloviating tedious sob, aren't ya.  But the more words you type, the truer things get, right?  Difference between you and me - I don't need to type paragraphs of bullshit to prove my point.  Because I'm not a bullshitter.

And congratulations on joining Happy Jack in attempting to use your 'credentials' on the internet.  Nothing quite says "scientist" like someone who screams "do you know who you're dealing with?!?!?!?!?!?"  A true scientist can prove things with data.  Try it sometime.

image.png.4999a01345ccbbe32c54983b9e9f5c22.png

• Like 1

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

43 Florida ICUs across 21 counties in Florida have hit capacity.  Good job Bullshitters.  Could you bullshit up some free beds in ICUs for people who bullshit didn't protect from the virus?  

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506222-43-florida-icus-at-capacity-as-coronavirus-cases-surge 

Not many... sounds like it is more serious than it is

27 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Not many... sounds like it is more serious than it is

The ICU beds are filled with democrats suffering from TDS. Right? They call it COVID-19 only to make Trump look bad. Yeah, that's it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

43 Florida ICUs across 21 counties in Florida have hit capacity.  Good job Bullshitters.  Could you bullshit up some free beds in ICUs for people who bullshit didn't protect from the virus?  

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506222-43-florida-icus-at-capacity-as-coronavirus-cases-surge 

What percentage of those in ICU have the "harmless" variety of the virus?

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

That would be zero. 0. Nada. None

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That would be zero. 0. Nada. None

It's all fun and games until they are deciding whether your family member gets the tube or the morphine. 

16.3% positive rate, bullshitters. Bang up job. 

10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

There is only CV-19 ... how it affects one person to the next is the unknown and scary part of the pandemic... but buckle up buttercup.... life must go on !

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It's all fun and games until they are deciding whether your family member gets the tube or the morphine. 

16.3% positive rate, bullshitters. Bang up job. 

Biden poll numbers?

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

This scenario of so many counties with full ICUs is a nightmare.  I work on a cardiac floor and the folks we send to the ICU need attention that it is just about impossible for us to give with a 4 to 1 pt/RN ratio and usually too unstable to transport (not that it would matter with all ICU beds in the county full).   

Get the refrigerator trucks ready because they'll be dead pts that would be alive there were ICU beds. 

Flattened curve, eh?  

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

This scenario of so many counties with full ICUs is a nightmare.  I work on a cardiac floor and the folks we send to the ICU need attention that it is just about impossible for us to give with a 4 to 1 pt/RN ratio and usually too unstable to transport (not that it would matter with all ICU beds in the county full).   

Get the refrigerator trucks ready because they'll be dead pts that would be alive there were ICU beds. 

Flattened curve, eh?  

Flatlined the curve. But hey, we demanded haircuts, we got em. 

6 hours ago, mikewof said:

My sister in NYC just tested positive for it, she's a DMD, presumably caught it from one of her patients.

She's an asthmatic, and respiratory infections like SARS-CoV-2 can be deadly for people who have asthma, COPD, etc.. But I suspect that a big part of why she's not getting too sick is because it's a nice warm summer, and lung diseases are far less deadly in the warm months than the cold months.

Assuming that most of us are going to eventually catch it, I'm glad that she at least caught it when in the warmth, than when the cold air of the 2020 flu season starts in December. She'll have her immunity.

You've got no fucking idea.

I hope she recovers with no lingering issues.

10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Yep, the wrong Woofers got the Covid.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, Dog said:

Bla bla bla

I so appreciate when you understand yourself.  Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Dr. Ease The Sheet and Nurse Razor.

Thank you, gentleman, for your front line service in the COVID Wars, and all of your in-depth medical training.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Flattened curve, eh?  

We seem to be doing okay so far ... deaths might shoot up tomorrow, but today?

The annual fatality in the USA is around 2,820,000 per year, that's about 7,726 Americans who die per day of all causes. Yesterday we were at 244 COVID deaths, which is about 3% of the total. Back in the worst of it, we were at 35%. From 35% to 3%, isn't that encouraging in any way? Why the doom and gloom?

1266708820_ScreenShot2020-07-07at6_49_38PM.png.42c6a2ffe7fc983372d188bbbfd4cc45.png

22 minutes ago, hasher said:

I so appreciate when you understand yourself.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

We seem to be doing okay so far ... deaths might shoot up tomorrow, but today?

The annual fatality in the USA is around 2,820,000 per year, that's about 7,726 Americans who die per day of all causes. Yesterday we were at 244 COVID deaths, which is about 3% of the total. Back in the worst of it, we were at 35%. From 35% to 3%, isn't that encouraging in any way? Why the doom and gloom?

1266708820_ScreenShot2020-07-07at6_49_38PM.png.42c6a2ffe7fc983372d188bbbfd4cc45.png

So your numbers support social distancing.

Wonderful stuff!

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Worldometers seven day average for the US is over 550. No big deal. 

You guys have to try harder. Where's that good old exceptionalism?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You guys have to try harder. Where's that good old exceptionalism?

Trump swapped it with Putin for a Matryoshka doll in his (Trump's) likeness.  

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trump swapped it with Putin for a Matryoshka doll in his (Trump's) likeness.  

il_1588xN.1995474103_tqfq.jpg

Still looking for the final putz.

56 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So your numbers support social distancing.

Wonderful stuff!

Why? Would you walk me through your logic on that?