Sign in to follow this  
Grrr...

Here come the Florida deaths

This is sad.  Truly.  Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knew this was coming.  Covid deaths trail cases. By about 10 days.  I offered to bet the skeptic Mikey this was coming.......

DEATHS6029.jpg

Deaths are trending up.  This is fucking tragic.

I suggest you educate yourself before gleefully claiming large numbers of people are dropping dead  in Florida from Covid.   Cases are trending up, deaths not so much.  Approaching New York peak numbers of cases but only 10% of the deaths.  

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-covid-19-spikes-approach-new-york-april-peak-one-tenth-deaths-1513966

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I suggest you educate yourself before gleefully claiming large numbers of people are dropping dead  in Florida from Covid.   Cases are trending up, deaths not so much.

The guy who says he works in medicine doesn’t understand cases precede deaths.

21 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I suggest you educate yourself before gleefully claiming large numbers of people are dropping dead  in Florida from Covid.   Cases are trending up, deaths not so much.  Approaching New York peak numbers of cases but only 10% of the deaths.  

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-covid-19-spikes-approach-new-york-april-peak-one-tenth-deaths-1513966

That may be explainable by large sprawl areas, poor public transportation, and a warm sun. Hopefully, you will do as well in the fall.

• Like 1

This is what happens when the proudly and exuberant irrational Reich 

meets science and empirical reality. 

It is not a pretty sight. 

But he is exultant!  Honor the feeling!  The feeling of...........Victory!!!B)B)B)B)B)

28 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Or how Florida has been fudging the numbers.

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You might have missed the part where DeSantis & Crew are cooking the books.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/26/florida-governor-ron-desantis-republican-coronavirus

Have a listen to the scientist who was gathering the data and publishing it. See if you think she is lying.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/884551391

edit: thanks BJ

7 hours ago, bhyde said:

You might have missed the part where DeSantis & Crew are cooking the books.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/26/florida-governor-ron-desantis-republican-coronavirus

Have a listen to the scientist who was gathering the data and publishing it. See if you think she is lying.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/884551391

edit: thanks BJ

Yep that’s it they are hiding thousands of deaths, oh wait your scientist created her own tracking site to prove her point.   She is claiming 91 more deaths than the official numbers.  In a state with over 24 million people.  Now that’s some serious “fudging”.

The community dashboard reported 83,270 positive cases with 3,022 deaths since March 1 while the state dashboard reported 75,568 total positives and 2,931 deaths as of Monday morning. Both dashboard's include data for residents and non-residents of Florida.

7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

That may be explainable by large sprawl areas, poor public transportation, and a warm sun. Hopefully, you will do as well in the fall.

No it’s explainable because the positive cases are people much younger than in New York and unlike Cuomo , in NY they didn’t force nursing facilities to take Covid patients. 

8 hours ago, Grrr... said:

This is sad.  Truly.  Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knew this was coming.  Covid deaths trail cases. By about 10 days.  I offered to bet the skeptic Mikey this was coming.......

DEATHS6029.jpg

Death rates are trending either up or down depending on your start point.

Yeah, cases are up but hospitalizations and deaths are not so much.

It's the result of opening up.  Plenty of young folks grouping in the usual places and spreading it among themselves.  Many refuse masks from personal vanity.

Remember, there is still NO CURE for COVID-9 and there is NO VACCINE yet.

What the fuck do you expect?

• Like 1

DEATHS6029.jpg

The whole idea was to flatten the curve.  That graph looks like it's working.

Do you still see the weekend gap and Monday jump which is the result of reporting and not the actual deaths?  Do you know the difference?

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

The whole idea was to flatten the curve.  That graph looks like it's working.

Do you still see the weekend gap and Monday jump which is the result of reporting and not the actual deaths?  Do you know the difference?

image.png.50799ec8315abe87bde2eb5f6840bc2c.png

And I wanna know why PB got the virus and not Sao.

There is no God.

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ahhh,  Good old Alternative Facts.

This is sad.  Truly.  Everyone with an ounce of intelligence knew this was coming.

I saw a video the other day where DeSantis, several weeks ago, was taking it to a reporter by challenging the reporter to provide proof the virus is spreading in Florida. 

Reason, common sense and intellect are not tools often used in the world of politics.

• Like 1

Just now, astro said:
17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ahhh,  Good old Alternaive Facts.

I'm afraid the prognosis is far more grim.

34 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, the instantaneous slope is either positive or negative.  Starting point has nothing to do with it.

21 minutes ago, bridhb said:

No, the instantaneous slope is either positive or negative.  Starting point has nothing to do with it.

But we're talking about trends not instantaneous slope (if such a thing even exists).

In any case I'm afraid Grrr is correct in that things will get worse in Florida,. That's what the models say anyway.

As an aside, worldmeter is now showing projections with and without mandatory masks. If their projections are right mandatory masks make a huge difference.

Trump's tanking in senior polling.

Seems like they don't want to die for him .

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/donald-trumps-big-problem-with-senior-voters

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/us/politics/trump-approval-older-voters-coronavirus.html

so, lets see

Women? nope

Youngsters? nope

Black america?nope

Hmm maybe Hispanic America will save his bacon but seeing as they're dying disproportionately too..maybe not.

He's toast.

https://www.ft.com/content/d94aed15-5b6b-4eec-ab36-67c2a52f5f01

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Trump's tanking in senior polling.

Seems like they don't want to die for him .

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/donald-trumps-big-problem-with-senior-voters

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/us/politics/trump-approval-older-voters-coronavirus.html

so, lets see

Women? nope

Youngsters? nope

Black america?nope

Hmm maybe Hispanic America will save his bacon but seeing as they're dying disproportionately too..maybe not.

He's toast.

https://www.ft.com/content/d94aed15-5b6b-4eec-ab36-67c2a52f5f01

Deja vu

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

So people live longer on weekends?

50 minutes ago, Dog said:

But we're talking about trends not instantaneous slope (if such a thing even exists).

In any case I'm afraid Grrr is correct in that things will get worse in Florida,. That's what the models say anyway.

As an aside, worldmeter is now showing projections with and without mandatory masks. If their projections are right mandatory masks make a huge difference.

Instantaneous would be a point, wouldn't it?

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Deja vu

Yep at this point in 2016 Hillary was up by 12 and unstoppable. 

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

At this point in 2016, Trump wasn't boring.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

At this point in 2016, Trump wasn't boring.

Hardly.  Here is a clue most Americans don’t care about the election until after Labor Day.  So polls right now are pretty meaningless.   I’m already on record saying I expect him to lose.  

Just now, The Joker said:

I’m already on record saying I expect him to lose.  

Well for once you may be right.

10 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The other thing is that a focus on the death count implies that folks are not familiar with what Covid-19 "recovery" looks like.   It can be pretty fucking bad. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Hardly.  Here is a clue most Americans don’t care about the election until after Labor Day.  So polls right now are pretty meaningless.   I’m already on record saying I expect him to lose.  

Yet you will vote for him, like a good little Vichy.

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

(CNN)Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by six points, 44% to 38%, in a Fox News poll of registered voters released Wednesday, marking an uptick from similar polls released in May and June.

There’s nothing you dipshits won’t lie about. I’m beginning to think @Dog is actually @The Joker and he’s just pretending there’s someone who shares his delusions

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s almost as if bullshit doesn’t work on a virus. 

But it does flourish.  And we learn another fact- sunshine will not kill viral right wing bullshit surrounding COVID 19.  It’s very similar to the brutal bullshit surrounding, no, spewed by neo conservatives towards victims of the Great Recession-  let’s give money to the banks!  :)  Yay! Bullshit stinks up more tragedy!  This time it’s actual sickness and death! :) Yay!  Let’s limit healthcare!  

We’re all soldiers in this war!  We’re all expendable! No one is innocent!  Death and suffering only an illusion! The stern telegenic squint,  strut and pose the only reality,  Wealth, power, strength and winning  the only solace.  Keeping the right wing flame alive, through yet one more massive fuck up.  Like the women anti masker screamed at Gov Inslee last week In Spokane, let the virus spread, let the chips fall where they may.  And now we’ve got a new Swine Flu brewing in China!  Oh goodie!  More bullshit!  No action! :)  Yay!  More dead liberals!  More dead soldiers!  To the victors, the spoils!  You’re on your own baby!  FREEDOM!  FREEDOM! FREEDOM!

GIVE US CONVENIENCE OR GIVE US DEATH!  WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU, EMPEROR TRUMP!  BRING OUT THE PEOPLE OF GOOD WILL! DRAG THEM FROM THEIR HOMES! RELEASE THE CONSERVATIVE LIONS!  LET THE SACRIFICES BEGIN!  LET THE KILLING PURIFY US!

:):lol::):lol:;):lol:;):);):lol:;)

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

No it’s explainable because the positive cases are people much younger than in New York and unlike Cuomo , in NY they didn’t force nursing facilities to take Covid patients. 

FLORIDA COVID-19 CASES AT LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES HIT RECORD

dumb motherfuckers, who do you think works in healthcare? It young people.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

There’s nothing you dipshits won’t lie about. I’m beginning to think @Dog is actually @The Joker and he’s just pretending there’s someone who shares his delusions

Bla bla bla

I don't get why anyone would downplay the threat this poses or turn it into a political matter. At this time it is true that the correlation between deaths and positive cases is not matching what we saw earlier in March. However, there are many potential reasons for this, and I expect it will be a combination of those. None of the reasons, or at least almost none, would indicate that we are not in trouble as a nation.

We have more widespread testing, so that means we are likely seeing confirmed cases we would not have in March. That is only helpful if everyone acts on it and stops doing the stupid shit which helps spread it so fast. As it stands, the simplest thing we can do which is to wear masks is still being refused by far too many people, so the earlier notice is not likely to substantially change the trend. 

Additionally it could be that the cases skew younger, and so they will require hospitalization less frequently and have a lower risk of death. That is only helpful if we have a mechanism to prevent further spread to more vulnerable populations. Many of those younger people are also the essential workers in our grocery stores, hospitals, and nursing homes. You don't need to admit a patient with Covid to introduce to a facility if it walks into work there each day. It is just that it will follow a different timeline. 

Finally, we have learned more about how to treat patients, so outcomes may have improved. Time will tell on this, but I am optimistic. Still, many of the patients now surviving who may have died in March, are now dealing with permanent organ damage and disabilities. Plus, it seems that until there are bodies piling up in refrigerated trucks, many people will still refuse to take it seriously, and the virus will continue to spread. So maybe it takes longer to get to that point, but unless people change behaviors and attitudes, it will come, just a bit later. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Joker said:

Oh good... people aren't dying in such massive numbers.... yet

That means everything is WONDERFUL!! WINNING!!!

- DSK

58 today in Florida, Bullshitters. It seems like bullshit isn’t an effective way of treating people who have the virus. 

1 minute ago, LenP said:

I don't get why anyone would downplay the threat this poses or turn it into a political matter. At this time it is true that the correlation between deaths and positive cases is not matching what we saw earlier in March. However, there are many potential reasons for this, and I expect it will be a combination of those. None of the reasons, or at least almost none, would indicate that we are not in trouble as a nation.

We have more widespread testing, so that means we are likely seeing confirmed cases we would not have in March. That is only helpful if everyone acts on it and stops doing the stupid shit which helps spread it so fast. As it stands, the simplest thing we can do which is to wear masks is still being refused by far too many people, so the earlier notice is not likely to substantially change the trend. 

Additionally it could be that the cases skew younger, and so they will require hospitalization less frequently and have a lower risk of death. That is only helpful if we have a mechanism to prevent further spread to more vulnerable populations. Many of those younger people are also the essential workers in our grocery stores, hospitals, and nursing homes. You don't need to admit a patient with Covid to introduce to a facility if it walks into work there each day. It is just that it will follow a different timeline. 

Finally, we have learned more about how to treat patients, so outcomes may have improved. Time will tell on this, but I am optimistic. Still, many of the patients now surviving who may have died in March, are now dealing with permanent organ damage and disabilities. Plus, it seems that until there are bodies piling up in refrigerated trucks, many people will still refuse to take it seriously, and the virus will continue to spread. So maybe it takes longer to get to that point, but unless people change behaviors and attitudes, it will come, just a bit later. 

Let no crisis go to waste.  It's even fair to exaggerate to make it sound worse than it is for political purposes.

Lots of attention being paid to Florida.  We are running around 20 to 30 deaths per day.  That's a bit higher than NY but they are still running around 20.  We have a long, long way to go to our current total of about 3500 up to NYCs 17800, let alone the whole state of New York at close to 35000.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Oh good... people aren't dying in such massive numbers.... yet

That means everything is WONDERFUL!! WINNING!!!

- DSK

People will keep dropping from Coronavirus until a cure is found or an effective vaccine comes around.

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

58 today in Florida, Bullshitters. It seems like bullshit isn’t an effective way of treating people who have the virus. 

People will keep dropping from Coronavirus until a cure is found or an effective vaccine comes around.

5 minutes ago, Saorsa said:
14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yesterday the death toll was 28.  The chart Grrr shared indicates an upward tick in the most recent past (pay no attention to Dog's attempt at distracting), and this just adds to that.  But, let's all just pretend this is nothing.  Pay no attention to the rise in hospitalizations which followed the rise in positive tests (and, precedes deaths).

3 hours ago, bridhb said:

Did you really write that? There is no "instantaneous " slope, only a instantaneous point.....:ph34r:.

36 minutes ago, LenP said:

Nicely reasoned.  But for some same old reason, reason itself has, once again, been weaponized against rational action, as in other historical pandemics.  The flywheel of whipped up custom whirrs on- with any luck it’s energy’s might have fueled, eventually,  a rational response, like yours,  but I have a sick feeling it has burst it’s bearings, and escaped wildly out of control until it lies spent, lives, health, metaphors :lol:, blood, treasure and dreams flattened in its wake.

27 minutes ago, LenP said:

I agree with everything except your first sentence   I would argue that it is being up-played because of the letter after the Governors name in both Florida and TX.  The Democratic Governors in NY , NJ, and IL implemented massive shut downs with tough restrictions, yet had higher death tolls.   In NY it was by forcing senior facilities to take COVID 19 patients   That is a cold hard fact.  So the media needs to "prove" the steps taken by Republicans in the southern states, less restrictive was the wrong approach.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yesterday the death toll was 28.  The chart Grrr shared indicates an upward tick in the most recent past (pay no attention to Dog's attempt at distracting), and this just adds to that.  But, let's all just pretend this is nothing.  Pay no attention to the rise in hospitalizations which followed the rise in positive tests (and, precedes deaths).

And when the number of cases were spiking at the same levels back in April  it was 500 - 1000 a day in NY   See the issue?

When New York saw a surge in new virus cases throughout April, it recorded a comparably high number of daily deaths. Between April 2 and April 25, state health officials confirmed between 500 and 1,000 fatalities per day related to the novel respiratory syndrome.

Amid its recent uptick in virus cases, Florida's average death toll was roughly 10 percent of New York's April figures. Data published by the state health department confirmed 36 total fatalities over the past three days, with a weekly average of 21 deaths per day between June 21 and June 28.

I agree with everything except your first sentence   I would argue that it is being up-played because of the letter after the Governors name in both Florida and TX.  The Democratic Governors in NY , NJ, and IL implemented massive shut downs with tough restrictions, yet had higher death tolls.   In NY it was by forcing senior facilities to take COVID 19 patients   That is a cold hard fact.  So the media needs to "prove" the steps taken by Republicans in the southern states, less restrictive was the wrong approach.

I have already explained repeatedly why the issues in NY with LTC facilities was much more complicated than "Cuomo forced them to take COVID patients". I am not going to bother going through that again, since the folks who want to understand already do, and those who don't will simply ignore it again. I will simply point out that it is not a cold hard fact, or anything of the sort.  

1 minute ago, LenP said:

I have already explained repeatedly why the issues in NY with LTC facilities was much more complicated than "Cuomo forced them to take COVID patients". I am not going to bother going through that again, since the folks who want to understand already do, and those who don't will simply ignore it again. I will simply point out that it is not a cold hard fact, or anything of the sort.  

I pretty much guarantee I have a better insight into those facilities than you do, so yes it is a fact.   He ordered on March 25 that  SNF's,  CCRC's and AL's had to re-admit residents that had been diagnosed with COVID 19 ,  I'm not saying it was done maliciously,  but it sure as hell led to the huge deaths in those facilities  The only reason he is being let off lightly , for that massive fuck up is because he is a Democrat and was the media's darling during the crisis.

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

I pretty much guarantee I have a better insight into those facilities than you do, so yes it is a fact.   He ordered on March 25 that  SNF's,  CCRC's and AL's had to re-admit residents that had been diagnosed with COVID 19 ,  I'm not saying it was done maliciously,  but it sure as hell led to the huge deaths in those facilities  The only reason he is being let off lightly , for that massive fuck up is because he is a Democrat and was the media's darling during the crisis.

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c

Forgive my skepticism. Could you explain why you are so confident you have better insight than I do into those facilities? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, the list of countries that show you are an idiot is long.

12 hours ago, Grrr... said:

DEATHS6029.jpg

Fake News....

Screenshot (130).png

Just now, The Joker said:

I pretty much guarantee I have a better insight into those facilities than you do

....   ...

I can pretty much guarantee you have your head up your ass, and quite literally do not know shit from Shinola

Any time a Trump supporter says they want the facts or have the facts, they are lying. If they even recognized the existence of such a thing as "fact" they would not be Trump supporters

- DSK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, the list of countries that show you are an idiot is long.

^This^

13 minutes ago, LenP said:

Forgive my skepticism. Could you explain why you are so confident you have better insight than I do into those facilities? 

Superior Knowledge. 

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Superior Knowledge. 

Correct I work in the industry.  If the hospitals were running out of PPE because of shortages what do you think the lower level rehabs and skilled facilities were doing for PPE?  I can tell you reuse and create inefficient cloth masks.  So without PPE,  less highly trained DR's and Nurses and a much more interactive community it was clear from the get go that the disease would run rampant through those facilities.

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Correct I work in the industry.  If the hospitals were running out of PPE because of shortages what do you think the lower level rehabs and skilled facilities were doing for PPE?  I can tell you reuse and create inefficient cloth masks.  So without PPE less highly trained DR's and Nurses and a much more interactive community it was clear from the get go that the disease would run rampant through those facilities.

Lol. What a fucking bullshitter. Dildo cashing his PPP money for this.

39 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And when the number of cases were spiking at the same levels back in April  it was 500 - 1000 a day in NY   See the issue?

When New York saw a surge in new virus cases throughout April, it recorded a comparably high number of daily deaths. Between April 2 and April 25, state health officials confirmed between 500 and 1,000 fatalities per day related to the novel respiratory syndrome.

Amid its recent uptick in virus cases, Florida's average death toll was roughly 10 percent of New York's April figures. Data published by the state health department confirmed 36 total fatalities over the past three days, with a weekly average of 21 deaths per day between June 21 and June 28.

U do realize that comparing NY and Fl is like apples to oranges.  For one, NY got hit with this without any warning...  No time to get shit together, Cuomo had to govern on the fly without help from the feds etc etc etc..  He did a pretty good job under the circumstances IMHO...  FL on the other hand was 100% predictable and was only brought on by the idiocy of the governed...  See the difference????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Correct I work in the industry.  If the hospitals were running out of PPE because of shortages what do you think the lower level rehabs and skilled facilities were doing for PPE?  I can tell you reuse and create inefficient cloth masks.  So without PPE,  less highly trained DR's and Nurses and a much more interactive community it was clear from the get go that the disease would run rampant through those facilities.

What is your role working in the industry? 

12 minutes ago, shaggy said:

U do realize that comparing NY and Fl is like apples to oranges.  For one, NY got hit with this without any warning...  No time to get shit together, Cuomo had to govern on the fly without help from the feds etc etc etc..  He did a pretty good job under the circumstances IMHO...  FL on the other hand was 100% predictable and was only brought on by the idiocy of the governed...  See the difference????

LOL  As predicted Poor Democrat  Evil Republican    Florida didn't have any more warning than NY  Remember the stories that Florida was about to be the new epicenter because the beaches were open during Spring break way back in March?  Never happened.

One Governor ordered nursing homes to take in Covid positive cases 

One sent them to Covid only facilities. 

One State experienced huge death tolls in those facilities

One did not

As to comparison's which state has more people in the high risk categories?  Yeah chew on that for a bit. 

https://www.prb.org/which-us-states-are-the-oldest/

6 minutes ago, LenP said:

What is your role working in the industry? 

I work in the administrative healthcare area at a regional level.

Not getting into anymore detail as there are way to many stalkers on this site. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

LOL  As predicted Poor Democrat  Evil Republican    Florida didn't have any more warning than NY  Remember the stories that Florida was about to be the new epicenter because the beaches were open during Spring break way back in March?  Never happened.

One Governor ordered nursing homes to take in Covid positive case One sent them to Covid only facilities. 

One State experienced huge death tolls in those facilities one did not

As to comparison's which state has more people in the high risk categories?  Yeah chew on that for a bit. 

https://www.prb.org/which-us-states-are-the-oldest/

Bullshit..  They had 3 months to prepare...

comsci.jpg

Kind of what I expected - a bean counter touting medical advice here. Or the head of maintenance.

It never ends.

42 minutes ago, warbird said:

Did you really write that? There is no "instantaneous " slope, only a instantaneous point.....:ph34r:.

i don't think you did very well in calculus class.

7 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Bullshit..  They had 3 months to prepare...

Bullshit yourself   Are you seriously arguing that the Virus waited to visit Florida until summer?   It doesn't work like that.  The up tic is because Florida is trying to get back to normal, it was expected.  The cases growing the quickest are among  much younger adults  - Those that have a 99.9% chance of surviving and most will experience little to mild symptoms   The ones hanging out in bars without masks.  

• Like 1

NOW they say it might be a good idea to wear a mask.

Assholes, all of them.

1 hour ago, LenP said:

I don't get why anyone would downplay the threat this poses or turn it into a political matter.

You forget, the whiner in chief makes everything about him. 

And when you call him out on not doing what's best for the country, he doubles down and makes matters worse. 

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Bullshit yourself   Are you seriously arguing that the Virus waited to visit Florida until summer?   It doesn't work like that.  The up tic is because Florida is trying to get back to normal, it was expected.  The cases growing the quickest are among  much younger adults  - Those that have a 99.9% chance of surviving and most will experience little to mild symptoms   The ones hanging out in bars without masks.  

Waited, Yea Waited, that's exactly where I am going with this.  Keep spinning.  Florida and the rest of the south for that matter, was 100% predictable and you fucking know it.  

11 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

i don't think you did very well in calculus class.

Professors Newton and Liebniz will be holding a remedial class in basic mathematics over in Calculation Anarchy.  

It is mandatory for Dog and Joke to attend.  Make sure you have your dunce caps, boys.   Wofsey has been hired to erase the blackboard after school.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yes, well you will have to forgive me for not accepting at face value your greater insight. My insights come from several friends who are DNS of LTC facilities, several who are administrators, and several who work or recently retired from the NY dept of health, along with my mother who retired as COO of a group of LTC facilities with >5k beds total. She was so beloved by her staff, that they chartered a bus to come visit her here when she moved in with me after retiring, and she still has close contact with many of them. Back in the day, I also wrote a suite of software applications to manage various functions of an LTC facility, however that really provides little to no insight into this particular matter. That does not make me an expert by any stretch, and I am not doubting you have some tangential connection to LTC facilities, but I am unconvinced of your greater insights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

Waited, Yea Waited, that's exactly where I am going with this.  Keep spinning.  Florida and the rest of the south for that matter, was 100% predictable and you fucking know it.  

He said it was expected.

6 minutes ago, shaggy said:

You really are clueless.  Florida was exposed to this virus at the same rate as every other major transportation hub.  Yes NYC was at the top of the list, but it was a difference of days maybe a few weeks until the virus was in Florida.  Not 3 months as you seem to believe 

So unless the virus has a different a incubation period south of the Mason Dixon line your point about 3 months to prepare is bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, LenP said:

Yes, well you will have to forgive me for not accepting at face value your greater insight. My insights come from several friends who are DNS of LTC facilities, several who are administrators, and several who work or recently retired from the NY dept of health, along with my mother who retired as COO of a group of LTC facilities with >5k beds total. She was so beloved by her staff, that they chartered a bus to come visit her here when she moved in with me after retiring, and she still has close contact with many of them. Back in the day, I also wrote a suite of software applications to manage various functions of an LTC facility, however that really provides little to no insight into this particular matter. That does not make me an expert by any stretch, and I am not doubting you have some tangential connection to LTC facilities, but I am unconvinced of your greater insights.

No problem.  Unlike you I’ll take your claims at face value. 
I’m curious if any of them disagree with my point? 

35 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The ever changing story from the joke. He’ll claim whatever he needs to claim.

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No problem.  Unlike you I’ll take your claims at face value. 
I’m curious if any of them disagree with my point? 

Well, yeah. Pretty much all of them, or all of the ones I have talked to about it. 

11 minutes ago, LenP said:

You have noticed that healthcare administrators have kept themselves out of the public eye during all this.  I bet your mom has some insights on that.  

6 minutes ago, LenP said:

Well, yeah. Pretty much all of them, or all of the ones I have talked to about it. 

So they do not think Cuomo’s order on March 25 that facilities had to take Covid positive patients had any major effect on the huge death rate in NY facilities?  

I wonder why he canceled it and the health department actually removed it from their records?  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-health-website-deletes-cuomos-order-on-nursing-homes

If the people you know actually believe that,  they are the only ones in the industry that feel that way. 

Just now, Amati said:

You have noticed that healthcare administrators have kept themselves out of the public eye during all this.  I bet your mom has some insights on that.  

I have not talked with her about that, but I don't think any administrator wants to draw attention to their facility right now. It got real bad, and nobody wants to have to explain every decision made in the midst of the chaos they experienced. Staff were hit so hard and so early, that just about every facility was working shorthanded and out of guidelines at one point or another. Some administrators are just straight up weasels, but there are a lot of good ones too. 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

should we start a pool about Miley’s next goalpost now that hospitalizations are up and death rising imminent?

Mikey hasn't gone there yet, as least not here, but it would seem that the bullshitter playbook has the bullshitters moving the goalposts to how bad democRAT governors were a few months ago, now that the FL numbers are spiking. 

Another 6k confirmed cases in FL today, bullshitters, and 58 more dead. Spin it up bullshitters. 

Maybe you could blame it on Antifa, dumfucks. 

So they do not think Cuomo’s order on March 25 that facilities had to take Covid positive patients had any major effect on the huge death rate in NY facilities?  

I wonder why he canceled it and the health department actually removed it from their records?  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-health-website-deletes-cuomos-order-on-nursing-homes

If the people you know actually believe that,  they are the only ones in the industry that feel that way. 

Facilities already had to readmit residents, that was done many years ago to protect the residents. This was to prevent homes from refusing to let folks go back to what was their home, because a greedy owner did not want a bed empty for a few weeks, or found someone whose PRI paid better and gave the residents bed to them instead. With much more time and hindsight, it is easy to find a solution which would have been better, however it would have involved forcing facilities to keep beds empty longer causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth by the owners, or it would have involved people losing their home and being forced to find a new one. I get the desire to have a simple answer and a scapegoat to blame, but at the time most understood the intention and it only seems questionable at all in hindsight. Hospitals were running out of beds, so keeping the patients there was not an option. The patients most often contracted the virus at the facility which was their home, so it was already in the facility, and letting them go home to a facility with professional medical care seemed the best option out of some less than great ones. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mikey hasn't gone there yet, as least not here, but it would seem that the bullshitter playbook has the bullshitters moving the goalposts to how bad democRAT governors were a few months ago, now that the FL numbers are spiking. 

Another 6k confirmed cases in FL today, bullshitters, and 58 more dead. Spin it up bullshitters. 

Maybe you could blame it on Antifa, dumfucks. 

That is happening too already. It was because of the protests. 

46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That ain't even 1% mortality rate.   Just a bad flu!

New cases are driven by younger people which explains the increase in hospitalizations of younger folks. Death rate will be lower for these especially if the hospitals don't become overwhelmed.  In Texas from my observations older people are being more cautious avoiding bars and wearing masks. With new cases here rising above 4% per week avoiding the covidiots will become more difficult as time goes on.

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

New cases are driven by younger people which explains the increase in hospitalizations of younger folks. Death rate will be lower for these especially if the hospitals don't become overwhelmed.  In Texas from my observations older people are being more cautious avoiding bars and wearing masks. With new cases here rising above 4% per week avoiding the covidiots will become more difficult as time goes on.

It's the young folks who, either directly or indirectly, pass it on to Grandpa and Grandma.

15 hours ago, The Joker said:

This is the full graph, per the CDC data ...

1635655496_ScreenShot2020-06-30at12_43_02PM.png.402f3a0d92a4ad5835847e6d207c8168.png

An exponentially-increasing number of infections, resulting in a gradually decreasing number of deaths, though not decreasing as fast as the USA average. The sawtooth function -- as you noted -- is likely a result of the weekly mortality reporting schedules form the counties.

Badlat's post likely touched a key point here though, and it was what happened with the previous SARS outbreak in Asia ... the warm weather may not impact infection rates, but it does seem to decrease mortality. We'll get a bump up when the flu/covid season starts up again in 2021.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Classic joke bullshitting claim to authority. It’s the bullshitter play book.