saxdog

Herman Cain contracts the virus after attending Trump a Loser in Tulsa

'Sorry the man's sick but - Shucky Ducky  now Herman

Herman Cain, who attended Trump’s Tulsa rally, hospitalized with covid-19

Former Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain delivers the Tea Party Express response to  President Barack Obama's State of the Union Address at the National Press Club in Washington in 2012.

Former Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain delivers the Tea Party Express response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union Address at the National Press Club in Washington in 2012. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)

July 2, 2020 at 9:38 p.m. EDT
Add to list

Herman Cain, the former pizza chain executive who ran in the Republican presidential primary in 2012, has been hospitalized with covid-19 less than two weeks after attending President Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa.

Cain, 74, learned that he tested positive for the virus Monday, and by Wednesday required hospitalization for his symptoms but is not on a ventilator, according to a statement on his Twitter account.

“There is no way of knowing for sure how or where Mr. Cain contracted the coronavirus, but we do know he is a fighter who has beaten Stage 4 cancer,” the statement says.

While it is unclear where Cain contracted the disease or how long he had it, Cain was among the several thousand attendees at Trump’s Tulsa rally on June 20, most of whom did not wear masks. Cain, who co-chairs Black Voices for Trump, was pictured maskless and not socially distancing at the event.

Cain, whom Trump considered for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board, wrote an op-ed about his experience in Tulsa. He described the rally as “electric” and derided media reports that characterized the rally as a bust. The Trump campaign was forced last-minute to shut down an outside overflow viewing party for lack of attendance. The campaign had boasted of 1 million ticket requests, but only a little more than 6,000 people partly filled the arena that can hold 19,000.

“The atmosphere was electric, and the president’s words were inspiring,” Cain wrote in the Western Journal. “He presented a vision for uniting the country, overcoming the remaining effects of the pandemic and reinvigorating an economy he had going strong before the coronavirus showed up.”

The coronavirus that ravaged the nation in the spring and forced almost all business and activity to a halt has flared again recently in states across the country.

AD

Default Mono Sans Mono Serif Sans Serif Comic Fancy Small Caps
Default Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large
Default Outline Dark Outline Light Outline Dark Bold Outline Light Bold Shadow Dark Shadow Light Shadow Dark Bold Shadow Light Bold
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%
Default Black Silver Gray White Maroon Red Purple Fuchsia Green Lime Olive Yellow Navy Blue Teal Aqua OrangeDefault 100% 75% 50% 25% 0%
Trump campaign volunteers remove stickers from seats at Trump’s Tulsa rally

Volunteers for the Trump campaign were seen removing stickers intended to promote social distancing in the arena of President Trump’s June 20 Tulsa rally. (Obtained by The Washington Post)

After the rally, dozens of Secret Service agents and officers who were there were ordered to self-quarantine for two weeks. Hours before Trump’s rally, it was discovered that six advance staffers, including two Secret Service employees, had tested positive for covid-19. Two more advance staffers tested positive after returning to Washington.

He is an example of what I find especially confusing about the Trump phenomenon - a black supporter.

I mean WTF are they thinking?

The female black supporters are the most confusing (confused?) of all.

9 minutes ago, saxdog said:

“The atmosphere was electric, and the president’s words were inspiring,” Cain wrote in the Western Journal. “He presented a vision for uniting the country, overcoming the remaining effects of the pandemic and reinvigorating an economy he had going strong before the coronavirus showed up.”

You must really have to listen carefully to get that from a Trump speech.

I posted this elsewhere but, seriously, what dumb fuck.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

He is an example of what I find especially confusing about the Trump phenomenon - a black supporter.

Some black people really don't want to be black.  They've seen where the money is...

2 hours ago, saxdog said:

'Sorry the man's sick but - Shucky Ducky  now Herman

Herman Cain, who attended Trump’s Tulsa rally, hospitalized with covid-19

Former Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain delivers the Tea Party Express response to  President Barack Obama's State of the Union Address at the National Press Club in Washington in 2012.

Former Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain delivers the Tea Party Express response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union Address at the National Press Club in Washington in 2012. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)

July 2, 2020 at 9:38 p.m. EDT
Add to list

Herman Cain, the former pizza chain executive who ran in the Republican presidential primary in 2012, has been hospitalized with covid-19 less than two weeks after attending President Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa.

Cain, 74, learned that he tested positive for the virus Monday, and by Wednesday required hospitalization for his symptoms but is not on a ventilator, according to a statement on his Twitter account.

“There is no way of knowing for sure how or where Mr. Cain contracted the coronavirus, but we do know he is a fighter who has beaten Stage 4 cancer,” the statement says.

While it is unclear where Cain contracted the disease or how long he had it, Cain was among the several thousand attendees at Trump’s Tulsa rally on June 20, most of whom did not wear masks. Cain, who co-chairs Black Voices for Trump, was pictured maskless and not socially distancing at the event.

Cain, whom Trump considered for a seat on the Federal Reserve Board, wrote an op-ed about his experience in Tulsa. He described the rally as “electric” and derided media reports that characterized the rally as a bust. The Trump campaign was forced last-minute to shut down an outside overflow viewing party for lack of attendance. The campaign had boasted of 1 million ticket requests, but only a little more than 6,000 people partly filled the arena that can hold 19,000.

The coronavirus that ravaged the nation in the spring and forced almost all business and activity to a halt has flared again recently in states across the country.

AD

Default Mono Sans Mono Serif Sans Serif Comic Fancy Small Caps
Default Small Medium Large X-Large XX-Large
Default Outline Dark Outline Light Outline Dark Bold Outline Light Bold Shadow Dark Shadow Light Shadow Dark Bold Shadow Light Bold
Trump campaign volunteers remove stickers from seats at Trump’s Tulsa rally

Volunteers for the Trump campaign were seen removing stickers intended to promote social distancing in the arena of President Trump’s June 20 Tulsa rally. (Obtained by The Washington Post)

After the rally, dozens of Secret Service agents and officers who were there were ordered to self-quarantine for two weeks. Hours before Trump’s rally, it was discovered that six advance staffers, including two Secret Service employees, had tested positive for covid-19. Two more advance staffers tested positive after returning to Washington.

He also wore a blue shirt and the Obama administration started the whole unmasking fad

53 minutes ago, Happy said:

Some black people really don't want to be black.  They've seen where the money is...

America is a free country.

I am puzzled by his choice, but he's free to make it.

Trying to boost Trump makes me doubt his integrity or his intelligence or both, however. Just the white people who do.

- DSK

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I mean WTF are they thinking?

The female black supporters are the most confusing (confused?) of all.

I imagine the ‘token negro’ at a Republican event gets VIP treatment, kind of like a hot blond at the incel Convention.

Actually, I'm not sorry he's sick. I think we need some famous R politicians to experience a Boris Johnson so maybe they'll start taking this seriously. But, actually, it needs to be Hannity, Tucker and Levin. (Rush almost dead already)

Rand Paul did not get smarter or if you prefer, less stupid.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Actually, I'm not sorry he's sick. I think we need some famous R politicians to experience a Boris Johnson so maybe they'll start taking this seriously. But, actually, it needs to be Hannity, Tucker and Levin. (Rush almost dead already)

The thought of Rush going early because he caught Covid is almost too sweet to consider. I'd make a list but I can't be here all night.

34 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Rand Paul did not get smarter or if you prefer, less stupid.

Nor did COVID make him less of an obnoxious attention whore who thinks he's smarter than everybody else with very little evidence

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nor did COVID make him less of an obnoxious attention whore who thinks he's smarter than everybody else with very little evidence

- DSK

Rand Paul is Wofsey?

• Like 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

Rand Paul is Wofsey?

Prolley oune of the funniere viewes of the Wofsey Syndrome.                                      :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

He also wore a blue shirt and the Obama administration started the whole unmasking fad

They did?  Was this before or after they created the faulty test for a virus that did not fucking exist yet?

8 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I posted this elsewhere but, seriously, what dumb fuck.

“If they chose to use one“. (A mask).  

Freedom!

The freedom to infect!

If half the population wore a surgical grade mask (there wouldn’t be near enough) US COvId deaths by December would drop by 30k.    If 95% of the population wore cloth masks they would drop by 28k.    Masks are good but 130k have been confirmed fatalities, and AMA suggests another 90k are statistically likely.    Masks are not the entire solution.   We’re a drowning man grasping at a child’s water wings, pretending it’s a class I pfd..   https://www.npr.org/2020/07/03/886905055/widespread-use-of-face-masks-could-save-tens-of-thousands-of-lives-models-projec

7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Cause of death: excessive bullshit in diet.

If only people had warned him about how dangerous the virus is!

I wonder what Trump will say about his virus now.

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Sorry to hear that. I wish folks took it seriously earlier. I hope his actions did not expose more people to his fate. 

My sympathy and condolences to his family. It's a shame and a waste.

- DSK

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

If only people had warned him about how dangerous the virus is!

Herman Cain - DTS.  Only this time it means Dumber Than Shit.  "I'll attend the Trump Tulsa rally and not wear a mask!"

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The since deleted Tweet from the late Herman Cain.

116910836_10221786097097922_7377217795566772128_n.jpg

I now have less sympathy for him. I hope he didn't take too many innocent but gullible people with him. 

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Trump killed an innocent black man!

Seems like the trump 'tard killed himself by playing it fast and loose with the Trump-flu 

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Trump's pathological need for a maskless rally in Tulsa, killed Herman Cain.

Is that where he got the virus?

On the one hand, sadness that there is another victim, in this case a pretty famous dude

on the other, a bit of schadenfreude for the guy being such a dumb-ass

on the 3rd hand, a bit of hope that the fucktards running this administration might start to message their idiotic followers that we should take this thing seriously. But I know that AINT gonna happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

On the one hand, sadness that there is another victim, in this case a pretty famous dude

on the other, a bit of schadenfreude for the guy being such a dumb-ass

on the 3rd hand, a bit of hope that the fucktards running this administration might start to message their idiotic followers that we should take this thing seriously. But I know that AINT gonna happen.

It would involve admitting they were wrong. 

Ain't going to happen.

9 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Who knows where you guys pick up demon sperm.

Herman Cain: dead from demon semen. If you turn 999 it is 666 afterall

31 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Multiplied by150,000 and counting.

38 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Movable Ballast will be along shortly to tell us Herman also got into cars.

Clearly driving is more dangerous than covid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It wasn't just one bullshitter who killed him, it was all of them who spread the bullshit. 

Tom will be along shortly to correctly place the blame where it should be placed, on both sides. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Jeff will just say that this death should be classified as a self murder and not count in the COVID statistics.

10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I have Barr in the next line of my covid bracket. C'mon billy!

Is there somewhere we can contribute to that?

So sad an ending, even for a dumbass.

Stupid shit all about, and look where it got us. Covid plus Trump equals the perfect storm.

Anyway, RIP Mr. Cain. 

33 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

All of Florida could slip away, just because.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

A waste of what?

Covid deaths are already over 500 today - on track to be the worst day ever.

Cain has to accept a disproportionate share of the blame for that.

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

Please, not my house,  nor Sol's, we pay good attention.  A few of my neighbors I'm not so sure of.

29 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Is there somewhere we can contribute to that?

We can't be sure that he contracted the virus while wearing no mask at the Tulsa rally.  Encourage more mask-optional rallies and get people to actually show up to pack the place. 

Just a note for all those who were posting that infections were up but deaths declining - one month from diagnosis to death. I am saddened by his death as am all, including the 47% of Texans who were Hispanic. Covid-19 FUBAR is thy name in the USA.

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

A waste of what?

Covid deaths are already over 500 today - on track to be the worst day ever.

Cain has to accept a disproportionate share of the blame for that.

I don't know their names, and they all have my sympathy and condolences. This is an incredible (in the sense that it is difficult believe) national tragedy. A self-inflicted tragedy.... well, not entirely self-inflicted, but rather inflicted ON America by a smaller group of which Herman Cain was a member of.

That doesn't lessen my sympathy for their families. A lot of those people were Trumpalos.

If you want some form of retribution, compare the public response to the death of John Lewis to the death of Herman Cain.

- DSK

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Nah, Sol lives i Florida. That's enough reason to find a way to save it.

I would be willing for California to go if they would take Texas with them...

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you want some form of retribution,

Not looking for retribution, I just don't give a shit about people who are too stupid to live.

I'll save my T&P for the huge numbers of innocent victims of their stupidity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Tom will be along shortly to correctly place the blame where it should be placed, on both sides. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Jeff will just say that this death should be classified as a self murder and not count in the COVID statistics.

How bout I change it up a little and just say that you're a petulant ass for belittling someone in death because of your petty political opinions?   

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I’m betting Don jr. 

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

How bout I change it up a little and just say that you're a petulant ass for belittling someone in death because of your petty political opinions?   

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, just as I wouldn't wish death on the five pack-a-day smoker, but Herman chose to not wear a mask in at least one high risk situation in direct contravention of medical advice by leading members of his own parties highest medical appointees.  So fuck him, many people are dying who have taken every possible precaution to avoid this horrible virus.  If it makes you feel better, blame Trump for making mask wearing at that time seem unmanly.  

Your party has no shortage of idiots.  Well, you're down one today but there is plenty of more fodder  so he won't even be noticed.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Nah, Sol lives i Florida. That's enough reason to find a way to save it.

I would be willing for California to go if they would take Texas with them...

Sorry, California goes with Washington and Oregon. You can keep Texas.

11 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

I’m betting Don jr. 

or his wench.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Trump's pathological need for a maskless rally in Tulsa, killed Herman Cain.

No.  Cain went there with the same information everyone has - that no masks in crowds in confined spaces puts you at great risk of contracting the virus.  Cain instead chose self promotion over common sense.  I feel for his family but not for him.  Who knows how many people who contracted the virus since then who deferred to him as a role model.  These public figures who have promoted politics over public health are a big part of why we are where we are. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Sorry, California goes with Washington and Oregon. You can keep Texas.

I don't want Texas.

1 minute ago, Remodel said:

I don't want Texas.

Mexico would have taken them...180 some odd years ago.  Now, not a fucking chance.

1 minute ago, Remodel said:

I don't want Texas.

Maybe Mexico will take it back?

If there was contact tracing you would also know how many innocents Herman took with him.

Herman probably got tested right?

This is sure gonna make the Gov of Georgia a first class dumbass.

BLM is a fine thing but right now everyone’s lives matter and the people in charge are doing jackshit.

You got 3 and a bit months to send a clear message and then you have to wait until January before anything meaningful gets done ?

Does nobody find this infuriating, meanwhile total deaths are gonna be 250k plus.

Time for Pitchforks run the fuckwits out of town perhaps they can all flee to Mar a Lago.
Culpable Homicide is the minimum.

Time for some adults to be in charge political affiliation be Damned.

30 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

BLM is a fine thing but right now everyone’s lives matter and the people in charge are doing jackshit.

This^

34 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Time for Pitchforks run the fuckwits out of town perhaps they can all flee to Mar a Lago.

This sort of thing can be handled swiftly, effectively and legally in countries with representative governments.

4 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

This sort of thing can be handled swiftly, effectively and legally in countries with representative governments.

In countries that are not run/controlled by bullshitters. Viruses do not respond well to bullshit. As Eva Dent. 

and lets face it...we need to think about what things will be like in late January, because that is the earliest that we might have any policy on this topic that is grounded in science and medical advice instead of bullshit. 

38 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

In countries that are not run/controlled by bullshitters. Viruses do not respond well to bullshit. As Eva Dent. 

and lets face it...we need to think about what things will be like in late January, because that is the earliest that we might have any policy on this topic that is grounded in science and medical advice instead of bullshit. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.13.42 PM.png

• Like 2

The Reich Wing group Turning Point USA has regularly 

mocked and ridiculed both Corona-V and PPE - masks. 

But then their co-founder died from it . .  

now they scramble to take down all their idiotic tweets . . 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/30/1965131/-Trump-youth-group-begins-deleting-tweets-mocking-COVID-19-after-co-founder-dies-from-the-virus

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm belittling Cain in his death because he belittled the threat of the pandemic, endangering both his followers and himself, and then he died from it. I have a limited amount of pity and he gets absolutely zero. There was some kid in Texas I think, who went to a 'COVID party', got it and died from it. I have some pity for him because he because he eventually understood the seriousness and then used his remaining day (singular) to tell people that the disease was real. Your boy Cain deleted a Tweet.

Now do *you* have a cite of yourself criticizing Cain for his bullshitting about COVID? Otherwise it sounds like he's just your boy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm belittling Cain in his death because he belittled the threat of the pandemic, endangering both his followers and himself, and then he died from it. I have a limited amount of pity and he gets absolutely zero. There was some kid in Texas I think, who went to a 'COVID party', got it and died from it. I have some pity for him because he because he eventually understood the seriousness and then used his remaining day (singular) to tell people that the disease was real. Your boy Cain deleted a Tweet.

Now do *you* have a cite of yourself criticizing Cain for his bullshitting about COVID? Otherwise it sounds like he's just your boy.

No - I don't have a cite of myself criticizing Cain - mostly because I didn't care about or pay attention to the machinations of the event.   Aside from this bout of stupidity, Yeah, Mr Cain WAS *my guy* as you are so fond of saying - I appreciated his perspective, the way he conducted himself in discussion, and his ability to call BS and congratulate intelligent thought without regard to where it came from.   I'm sorry he caught this, and if he didn't avail himself of the information and protections necessary to protect himself from it, then his contracting the virus is his fault.  That doesn't diminish him as a person, nor the things he accomplished in life, and it certainly doesn't warrant the "fuck him" comments.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No - I don't have a cite of myself criticizing Cain - mostly because I didn't care about or pay attention to the machinations of the event.   Aside from this bout of stupidity, Yeah, Mr Cain WAS *my guy* as you are so fond of saying - I appreciated his perspective, the way he conducted himself in discussion, and his ability to call BS and congratulate intelligent thought without regard to where it came from.   I'm sorry he caught this, and if he didn't avail himself of the information and protections necessary to protect himself from it, then his contracting the virus is his fault.  That doesn't diminish him as a person, nor the things he accomplished in life, and it certainly doesn't warrant the "fuck him" comments.  

The blood of 100,000 Americans are on him and the Vichy. So, yeah, fuck him

5 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My sympathy will be reserved for the family and friends he may have exposed in his quest to deny Science.

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Did I diminish Cain as a person? No, I did not. Dog made a joke about Cain's death which you let slide

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Trump killed an innocent black man!

and I made a simple riposte, obvious in my book, pointing out that Cain was not innocent which he isn't (and letting his other two points stand). Cain willingly participated in his own demise and celebrated it to his followers thus endangering them. Otherwise Cain's political 'analysis' wasn't worth any discussion by me. I believe I've made exactly three posts about him ever and they all made light of his catching COVID.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The blood of 100,000 Americans are on him and the Vichy. So, yeah, fuck him

I wonder how many contractions resulted from Mme Pelosi and her march in Chinatown at the beginning of the outbreak?  Of course that's OK, she said "the right stuff" later. 
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-tweet-chinatown-tourism/   

You're right - Cain was wrong for suggesting that basic protective measures weren't warranted.  I'm not giving him a pass on that - life didn't either.  That's a little different than trying to negate his entire life because you're angry about this particular instance - you don't have to hate the entire person just because you disagree with them on a few things.  You're a PITA to me in here - but, I certainly don't wish ya any ill will, and wouldn't want to speak ill of you because of the back and forth.  

Just now, Olsonist said:

Did I diminish Cain as a person? No, I did not. Dog made a joke about Cain's death which you let slide

and I made a simple riposte, obvious in my book, pointing out that Cain was not innocent which he isn't. He willingly participated in his own demise and celebrated it to his followers thus endangering them. Otherwise Cain's political 'analysis' wasn't worth any discussion by me. I believe I've made exactly three posts about him ever and they all made light of his catching COVID.

I missed Dog's point - and going back to re-read the thread?  You're right - and I was responding to the shock of the news and the dismay at his loss.  You're owed an apology - I over-reacted, and your comment didn't warrant my response. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I wonder how many contractions resulted from Mme Pelosi and her march in Chinatown at the beginning of the outbreak?  Of course that's OK, she said "the right stuff" later. 
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-tweet-chinatown-tourism/   

You're right - Cain was wrong for suggesting that basic protective measures weren't warranted.  I'm not giving him a pass on that - life didn't either.  That's a little different than trying to negate his entire life because you're angry about this particular instance - you don't have to hate the entire person just because you disagree with them on a few things.  You're a PITA to me in here - but, I certainly don't wish ya any ill will, and wouldn't want to speak ill of you because of the back and forth.  

Pelosi  has shown a capacity for learning and listening. Cain did not. Cain is dead because of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

If there was contact tracing you would also know how many innocents Herman took with him.

Herman probably got tested right?

This is sure gonna make the Gov of Georgia a first class dumbass.

You got 3 and a bit months to send a clear message and then you have to wait until January before anything meaningful gets done ?

Does nobody find this infuriating, meanwhile total deaths are gonna be 250k plus.

Time for some adults to be in charge political affiliation be Damned.

"This is sure gonna make the Gov of Georgia a first class dumbass."

Kemp is a genuine dumbass but I'm not sure he's first class at anything.

• Like 1