Grrr...

Michigan's starting to tank.

The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simple fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

Driving down to the boat today, we saw packed birthday parties, cookouts, bars, and restaurants.

We went to get pizza (we cook it in the oven to be safe after we buy it) and not a single one of the people preparing the food was wearing a mask.

Drive by the boat club - huge party.  No distancing.  No masks.

We are fucked.  Sigh.  Because while our governor is doing everything right, a certain group here is doing every thing they can wrong.

Just now, Grrr... said:

The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simply fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

Driving down to the boat today, we saw packed birthday parties, cookouts, bars, and restaurants.

We went to get pizza (we cook it in the oven to be safe after we buy it) and not a single one of the people preparing the food was wearing a mask.

We are fucked.  Sigh.  Because while our governor is doing everything right, a certain group here is doing every thing they can wrong.

Not a single food prepper wearing a mask?  Holy shit.  That's required in some places.  

3 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Not a single food prepper wearing a mask?  Holy shit.  That's required in some places.  

Yep.  Jets pizza. Richmond. The girl even tried to bring it to my car window with no mask on.  She seemed completely lost when I rolled up my window as she got closer and told her to put it on the hood. Very clear that NO one sat her down and explained this thing to her.

It was the first day we've gone out and it was really sobering.  Had one guy walking by my boat try to reach on board and pet my dog.  That got a quick yell out of me.

Boy I'm sure glad that we Ohioans aren't that dumb . . 

(Humor alert) 

47 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Had one guy walking by my boat try to reach on board and pet my dog.

That's dumb even in "old normal" days.

It's a bit like taking half a course of antibiotics ..<_<

People get so surprised when the infection comes roaring back twice as serious and harder to control.

"But but but..I took it until I was better!!"

26 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Boy I'm sure glad that we Ohioans aren't that dumb . . 

Oh wait !!  I take that back !!  

A Republican Ohio state official is claiming in a video shared to Facebook Thursday that she was asked to leave the Gettysburg Visitor Center and Museum for refusing to wear a mask.
"This is not a law in Pennsylvania or in Ohio, where I come from, and it is an unconstitutional idea that our leaders have come up with," she said.

Where does the Reich come up with all these nut cases ? 

they  come free with every fetal alcohol syndrome

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Oh wait !!  I take that back !!  

A Republican Ohio state official is claiming in a video shared to Facebook Thursday that she was asked to leave the Gettysburg Visitor Center and Museum for refusing to wear a mask.
"This is not a law in Pennsylvania or in Ohio, where I come from, and it is an unconstitutional idea that our leaders have come up with," she said.

Where does the Reich come up with all these nut cases ? 

I guess mandatory wearing of clothes is similarly unconstitutional?   I don't know much law at operational level.

• Like 1

Ironic that "Freedom" is screwing the country, time to bring back the bitchslap.

8 hours ago, Grrr... said:

The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simple fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

This is 100% on Trump.  There has always been a large percentage of people who believe the president is omnipotent.  Trump's refusal to wear a mask is all the proof they need to do the same. 

Not a scientific sample at all, but I get a sense that around here in the Toronto suburbs mask wearing is increasing as things are opening. Yesterday there were 165 new cases with a population of 14 million. A great many cases were among migrant workers in the Windsor area. Mask wearing is now mandated in indoor spaces and on the subway, street cars, and buses in Toronto.

I was in a Home Depot in Livonia today and estimate that somewhere between 80 and 90% of the patrons were wearing masks.  I was pleasantly surprised.  

12 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Even in Brooklyn  -  was out yesterday, saw a dozen people not wearing a mask, or wearing is as a chinguard, instead.  Granted, it was hot & humid, my mask was soaked right through (ewwww...) but was a really noticeable difference from 2 weeks ago, last time I went out.  Like, 1 in 10 instead of 1 in 50.

Wasn't enough that I think our numbers will start climbing again, but sure explained why they've stopped dropping.

Sheeesh! How is that even fun? Besides the titties and beer, that is.

It’s not just FL. To bring it back to the OP, how was Jobbie Nooner this year?

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Destin, FL. The Redneck Riviera. 

A9B69EB2-9461-486F-828A-9164774D8500.jpeg

Good to know where not to go... nothing to do with CV-19

13 hours ago, PHIRKIN said:

I guess mandatory wearing of clothes is similarly unconstitutional?   I don't know much law at operational level.

No shirt, No shoes, No Service ... No Freedom.

65 MPH is just a suggestion ... You have Freedom to chose your speed.

Slow School Zone ... Is just a description of the kids.  You are Free to do what you wish.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s not just FL. To bring it back to the OP, how was Jobbie Nooner this year?

Didn't go, and don't usually.  Never bought into the drunk people crowd (though a nice set of boobs is always welcome) .  I go out for the sailing and the quiet.  That's why we've been going out on week days and are starting home today.

12 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Didn't go, and don't usually.  Never bought into the drunk people crowd (though a nice set of boobs is always welcome) .  I go out for the sailing and the quiet.  That's why we've been going out on week days and are starting home today.

I meant how busy, but of course I didn’t say that....  Looks like it was pretty busy. We gonna have quite a time getting this thing under control. 

17 hours ago, Grrr... said:

It’s been this way since after the first week.  There never been a real shutdown.  It can’t be that big of a deal when The Governors own family doesn’t abide by her directives.   Can’t be that big of a deal when Starbucks and the like are allowed to remain open.  Most here talk about Trump but the states have not set an example other than this is not a big deal.

9 hours ago, Jules said:

This is 100% on Trump.  There has always been a large percentage of people who believe the president is omnipotent.  Trump's refusal to wear a mask is all the proof they need to do the same. 

It’s 100% on Chris Cuomo.

3 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Had another lobotomy, fruitcake?

34 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

A CNN show host who is on the air for an hour each weeknight?  I want what you're smoking.  

10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

A CNN show host who is on the air for an hour each weeknight?  I want what you're smoking.  

Much Governors family who violated her directive to stay home.   Illinois Governor who’s family did the same plus whose wife was was out in public without a mask.  

this crap is all over.  Trump doesn’t set the states directions on guarintine, masks, etc.  - the States do.  Open your mind - government and media at ALL levels are sending mixed messages. 

On 7/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, Rok Dog said:

Much Governors family who violated her directive to stay home.   Illinois Governor who’s family did the same plus whose wife was was out in public without a mask.  

this crap is all over.  Trump doesn’t set the states directions on guarintine, masks, etc.  - the States do.  Open your mind - government and media at ALL levels are sending mixed messages. 

No.  You are wrong.

A real president would be following medical advice.  He would be wearing a mask.  As such, he would have a moral high ground to tell these governors to get with reality and to also start wearing masks and pass acts in their states to do the same.

Unfortunately, our president ignores science, and reality.  He makes it up as he goes along.  Which allows people like you and him to *try* to abrogate all responsibility and sit back and try to place blame elsewhere.  A real leader leads by example.  He does so and that makes others follow, or be embarrased.  Donald Trump's actions have done the opposite.

That doesn't mean that state leaders would have to follow his lead - but it does mean that he could stand up and say "These are the states who haven't done what the medical experts are saying needs to be done.  Vote these idiots out of office."

You're giving the president of our country a pass to act however he wants without responsibility.  You drank the Koolaid.  Bigly.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, Rok Dog said:

Orange Man GOOD!!!! Orange Man GOOD!!!!!

"Sending mixed messages" yeah right, Trump tossed the Pandemic Response instruction book in the trash and fired the medical scientists who were working to protect America. When the outbreak began, he said it was no problem! Then he ordered an ineffective partial travel ban, then spent the next three months insulting the doctors who tried to get Americans to take precautions. He encouraged rioters with guns demanding FREEDOM ... well, re-opening businesses because they were bored and wanted pizza & haircuts. He not only did NOT use Federal resources to help the states, he actively interfered with states attempts to buy their own emergency supplies.

Trump has been front and center of this pandemic disaster. It's pathetic... and really dumb... to try and defend him.

- DSK

• Like 1

At our little cottage on the lake north of Vancouver BC, we have a neighbour from Oregon who just showed up. We will see if he obeys the health order of quarantine for 2 weeks or parties with his cousins a few doors down.  The rural area we are in hasn't had a case since early March, be a shame if he ruined it.  Most of us city folk are very respectful of the rural areas, they don't have hospitals to cope with any cases. 

Just now, Irish River said:

At our little cottage on the lake north of Vancouver BC, we have a neighbour from Oregon who just showed up. We will see if he obeys the health order of quarantine for 2 weeks or parties with his cousins a few doors down.  The rural area we are in hasn't had a case since early March, be a shame if he ruined it.  Most of us city folk are very respectful of the rural areas, they don't have hospitals to cope with any cases. 

If he breaks quarantine, report him. $1200 fine and probably thrown out of the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

If he breaks quarantine, report him. $1200 fine and probably thrown out of the country.

He's dual citizen. Can't throw him out. I'm not going to report, I'll leave to our local Karen. 

23 minutes ago, Irish River said:

He's dual citizen. Can't throw him out. I'm not going to report, I'll leave to our local Karen. 

It’s not a permit for lemonaid,  it’s a public health danger that could affect you or your family.   It’s protecting your community from shutdown and yourself from quarantine.  Reporting him is not being a Karen if you live in a country currently managing the virus.    Without continued vigilance any victory is merely a respite and any province risks becoming Florida, Texas, South Carolina,    If he has mild disease and so do the first couple people he infects, it may escape detection until multiple cases exist.    

1 hour ago, Irish River said:

So, it's on you then.

One word MASKS...

Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then we review SARS-CoV-2 shedding in children, how to resume school safely, the need for widespread testing and wearing face masks, and much more, including listener email.

Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Brianne Barker

Guests: Daniel Griffin and Chuck Knirsch

Click arrow to play

Download TWiV 635 (92 MB .mp3, 153 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunesGoogle PodcastsRSSemail

Become a patron of TWiV!

Links for this episode

Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees

Send your virology questions and comments to twiv@microbe.tv

http://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

Went to Limerick Township Pennsylvania last week, the county we were in was just off the stay at home order for the first time when we got there. Almost 100% mask wearing people in all stores. Went to Philadelphia  to see the Liberty Bell, NO lines, No people, no going into any buildings, National Parks people and 5 others in the area the whole time we are there 1pm til 2pm July 1, 2020. We stood out-side the glass house it is kept in to see it. Every one had a mask in the area as we walked around.

Earlier my wife and daughter walked 2 blocks to see a closed bar from some tv sitcom. not remembering to wear masks they got a wide birth from others and a earful from one guy about the NO MASK problem. Penn. States Gov that morning mandated mask wearing in public. How knew, no me. My other daughter did...the research bio-chemist, one that works with a Virologist who told her about TWIV. 

lm A N95 guy long story about Canada's SARS 1 problems, CBC Radio and wanting to know the northern neighbors better...

LOL I had 5 - 20 count boxes of N95 masks in the basement before the bats shit on us. most I paid was $4.00 USD a box.at a Minards Clearance rack last year.

Everyone wears a mask in the hard hit areas of Pennsylvania. As we drove west toward home mask wearing decreased. SARS-CoV2 has a happy hunting ground around here and in areas where guns are worn in public and N95s are not.

It will take 14 to 27 days for the bug to make you sick (higher infection rates we are seeing now). Then another 4 to 27 days for you to die if it gets a hi response from your immune system. the dreaded cytokine storm, a cascade of exaggerated immune responses that can cause serious problems leading to DEATH....

Wear a MASK, social space and WASH YOUR DAMED HANDS.

Wear a mask a N95 mask and hope a vaccination works for you before you get sick.

3 hours ago, Irish River said:

You risk bringing the virus with you to a rural area knowing they have no hospitals?

Just now, Rok Dog said:

You risk bringing the virus with you to a rural area knowing they have no hospitals?

You bring stupid with you  everywhere you go, so... What's the difference?

Latest info from Michigan website looks pretty good.  Where’s the ‘tanking’ shown in the data?

90DD3B42-0079-479D-B7DB-E144E33FF628.jpeg

47FF9AB2-7CBA-4715-A4EF-56AEDB783349.jpeg

The rate of positive tests has remained pretty much the same for the past few months as well.  Number of tests per day has gradually increased which shows the slight increase in new cases per day.  Basically nothing has changed except daily deaths has dropped to very few thank God.

ED6AF51F-F933-471D-BB08-32104CBFBDEA.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

British Columbia has an average of 10 to 15 cases per day for last couple weeks. We are open and doing fine. 

We follow rules and listen to the science professionals, our politicians have let the head public health doc do her job.

3 minutes ago, Irish River said:

British Columbia has an average of 10 to 15 cases per day for last couple weeks. We are open and doing fine. 

We follow rules and listen to the science professionals, our politicians have let the head public health doc do her job.

That’s pretty good.  What is the percent of tests which show positive?

On 7/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, Willin' said:

Sheeesh! How is that even fun? Besides the titties and beer, that is.

Titties and beer? YUM! How odd is that the two of the five best hings in life are driving us us to oblivion...

Fortunately for me, me wife and my bar are well stacked/stocked...

25 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

The rate of positive tests has remained pretty much the same for the past few months as well.  Number of tests per day has gradually increased which shows the slight increase in new cases per day.  Basically nothing has changed except daily deaths has dropped to very few thank God.

ED6AF51F-F933-471D-BB08-32104CBFBDEA.jpeg

How does that explain the number of major hospitals running out of beds? You are looking at broad data sets that do no reflect local realities. Shall we ship our overflow to your house?

4 minutes ago, Remodel said:

How does that explain the number of major hospitals running out of beds? You are looking at broad data sets that do no reflect local realities. Shall we ship our overflow to your house?

As a state ICU beds and ventilators are approximately 1/3 available.  Transfer and deliver.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:48 PM, Rok Dog said:

“ It’s one person coming in from China “. Donald J. TRump. 

Sigh. Do you have any idea how big Texas really is? Sure, when you get sick, and are transferred some 300 or more miles away. That will be really convenient for your wife/husband to come visit you.

23 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Sigh. Do you have any idea how big Texas really is? Sure, when you get sick, and are transferred some 300 or more miles away. That will be really convenient for your wife/husband to come visit you.

Am I missing the sarcasm font?

28 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Sigh. Do you have any idea how big Texas really is? Sure, when you get sick, and are transferred some 300 or more miles away. That will be really convenient for your wifehusband to come visit you.

Slash removed to reflect current reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rok Dog said:

That’s pretty good.  What is the percent of tests which show positive?

We have 7 new cases today and we tested 1489.  Less than half of a percent positive.  We have no unknown community outbreaks, we have contact tracing so every new case is linked to a known outbreak.  Our old folks homes are hard hit, but other than that it is very contained.  Public healthcare and a willing population.  My wife is having trouble finding a home for a research paper on a treatment because the sample size is too low. 

We are fucking lucky, we will get a second wave, but maybe we been indoctrinated as to best practices, maybe...  time will tell. 

Michigan MAP » 73,403 total cases 735 per 100,000 6,225 total dead 62  pre 100,000

295 new cases down slope all week from 543 new cases on 7/2/2020

Today no deaths. 

No problem in the hospital admitted patients. Plenty of beds...

Keep up the good work Michiganders.

• Like 1

Whitmer doesn't fuck around.  If Trump wants to come here and campaign (waste of time) she will not allow a mass gathering I'm sure.  Biden doesn't want to but the same rules would apply.  

And I have never heard so much complaining from so many of my family members and old friends in Michigan. 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, Remodel said:

They still allow visitors in Texas hospitals?    In Indiana, and Ohio no visitors from curbside drop off to release, even for negative patients.    

Just now, Lark said:

They still allow visitors in Texas hospitals?    In Indiana, and Ohio no visitors from curbside drop off to release, even for negative patients.    

Not sure if that's still the case here in Cali but certainly was the case.

mid May in McLaren Port Huron Hospital  my wife had a bad chest pain WE were in the ER. The New Big Expanded one. 1/2 about 20 beds a whole section  NOT NEEDED closed down.  12 cars in the whole parking lot 8pm. No one but patents beyond the ER. She needed to stay for tests the next day. At the urging of my Cardiac Nurse sister I wanted to be available in the hospital as the test were run. I called ahead, went to the ER as at that time the only way into the Hospital for anyone. The Hospital Director escorted me to the main entrance area to wait. I was in a place where many people usually work, and pass going to out patients services, or visit...no one was there, just odd staff going to work passed.

I waited there in my n95 mask for results. A phone rang and rang no one at the desk. Someone finally answered it said it was for me. The Dr wanted to see me. I sat back down in the huge empty public space to wait. When He appeared in full SARS-CoV-2 fighting OR Room gear I was startled. He handed me a photo of her heart,  no blockages. The Scans found gull stones. 

That was in the heart of the lock down Governor Whitmer ordered that started long before Washington followed suit.

Yes Michigan is open for Business now, With strong leadership in the State Capital It is a safe place to live, work and play.

Social distance, wear a mask and wash your damed hands...

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

mid May in McLaren Port Huron Hospital  my wife had a bad chest pain WE were in the ER. The New Big Expanded one. 1/2 about 20 beds a whole section  NOT NEEDED closed down.  12 cars in the whole parking lot 8pm. No one but patents beyond the ER. She needed to stay for tests the next day. At the urging of my Cardiac Nurse sister I wanted to be available in the hospital as the test were run. I called ahead, went to the ER as at that time the only way into the Hospital for anyone. The Hospital Director escorted me to the main entrance area to wait. I was in a place where many people usually work, and pass going to out patients services, or visit...no one was there, just odd staff going to work passed.

I waited there in my n95 mask for results. A phone rang and rang no one at the desk. Someone finally answered it said it was for me. The Dr wanted to see me. I sat back down in the huge empty public space to wait. When He appeared in full SARS-CoV-2 fighting OR Room gear I was startled. He handed me a photo of her heart,  no blockages. The Scans found gull stones. 

That was in the heart of the lock down Governor Whitmer ordered that started long before Washington followed suit.

Yes Michigan is open for Business now, With strong leadership in the State Capital It is a safe place to live, work and play.

Sorry to hear of the scare. My mother had gall stones. She thought she was dying. Happy for you.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Remodel said:

18 hours ago, Lark said:

You are probably right about that. Let me rephrase it to say It will be really inconvenient for your loved ones to pick up your body when the time comes.

6 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

Small world.  We go there now rather than Beaumont or Mt. Clemens general.  Far less wait, and we've been very happy with them.  Was there last week for a kidney stone in fact.

They were taking in COVAD-19 patients when rooms filled up in the Detroit Metro area. First death in St Clair county from a SARS-CoV-2 infection was a transfer patient from the D...

26 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Small world.  We go there now rather than Beaumont or Mt. Clemens general.  Far less wait, and we've been very happy with them.  Was there last week for a kidney stone in fact.

grimace....

On 7/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, Irish River said:

As a dual citizen who just turned down two invites to the family cottage in NB...  don't hesitate to report that fuckhead if he breaks quarantine.  

How'd he get past the border, anyways?  Claim he was going to Alaska, or fly in?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lark said:

It’s just a talking point. The issue is hospitals do not build ICU’s to have empty beds.  Their business models shoot for 85% occupancy on a daily basis.  Empty beds don’t make money. 
So it doesn’t take to many extra cases to hit 100%

48 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It’s just a talking point. The issue is hospitals do not build ICU’s to have empty beds.  Their business models shoot for 85% occupancy on a daily basis.  Empty beds don’t make money. 

One of the reasons Germany has done so much better is they designed a robust system with emergency capacity.    The market designed a barely adequate system for the US as you described, to maximize profit.   You have correctly identified one more reason for public healthcare.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

As a dual citizen who just turned down two invites to the family cottage in NB...  don't hesitate to report that fuckhead if he breaks quarantine.  

How'd he get past the border, anyways?  Claim he was going to Alaska, or fly in?

Idfk. I left when he got there.  I'll give it 50/50 on whether he stay in his cabin or will be mingle with his family.  His Trump bumber sticker  will do him no favours in hippie dippie BC.  He will be outted if he goes to liquour store.  

He is a dual citizen. I dont think either country would deny him access. He does have to obey health orders like quarantine.  

Gretchen is doing a talk in the AM. Mer thinks she gonna shut it all down again. 

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

It’s just a talking point. The issue is hospitals do not build ICU’s to have empty beds. 

Oh yeah, that's how Gringolandia got to be designated as the "best prepared" to handle Corona-V 

Crawl back in your Reichista hole 

Fucking liar. A 2 second google search finds that the epidemiologists model 60% occupancy of non-Covid patients. 

https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals

The point is that hospitalizations are up and have been. Now the death rate in affected counties is rising.

But you don't care.

And you wont until someone you care about gets sick.

19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Gretchen is doing a talk in the AM. Mer thinks she gonna shut it all down again. 

Damn.

I'm guessing you will provide a cite for that claim.

13 minutes ago, Remodel said:

I'm guessing you will provide a cite for that claim.

Sure, he'll give that when he shows back up in the USA #1! thread.

So - the Michigan cases continue to trend upwards.

image.png.c167ce832c0d89b3207f63baf8b6c6a2.png

Of course, if you listen to 'I am a scientist' wofsey, you can't just take a subset of the data to look at this (even though the trend consists of more than a month - more than 30 data points).  So the news reports, Governor, and your own eyes are deceiving you.  We should ignore this fake trend, and do nothing to address it.

Like Florida.

Or... is it just possible that wofsey is applying the attitude that already got him banned once to this latest data, and the real truth is that he still thinks COVID isn't a  big deal.  130k+ deaths later.

42 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

So - the Michigan cases continue to trend upwards.

image.png.c167ce832c0d89b3207f63baf8b6c6a2.png

Of course, if you listen to 'I am a scientist' wofsey, you can't just take a subset of the data to look at this (even though the trend consists of more than a month - more than 30 data points).  So the news reports, Governor, and your own eyes are deceiving you.  We should ignore this fake trend, and do nothing to address it.

Like Florida.

Or... is it just possible that wofsey is applying the attitude that already got him banned once to this latest data, and the real truth is that he still thinks COVID isn't a  big deal.  130k+ deaths later.

Meaningless plot without the y-axis labeled with units.  Put it on the same plot as FL, TX, or AZ and your graph is a flat line.  

42 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Meaningless plot without the y-axis labeled with units.  Put it on the same plot as FL, TX, or AZ and your graph is a flat line.  

The last data point is 600 or so for reference.  Comparing it to other states isn't terribly relevant to whether or not the situation in Michigan is deteriorating.  It is, and the Governor is going on in an hour to talk about the measures she's changing to deal with it.

Here's the whole graph - I only posted a bit of it so that wofsey could complain about incomplete data.  Needed to throw him a bone.

image.png.8d9ec465c2c0e8acb22f8364fe1c2789.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grrr... said:

The last data point is 600 or so for reference.  Comparing it to other states isn't terribly relevant to whether or not the situation in Michigan is deteriorating.  It is, and the Governor is going on in an hour to talk about the measures she's changing to deal with it.

Here's the whole graph - I only posted a bit of it so that wofsey could complain about incomplete data.  Needed to throw him a bone.

image.png.8d9ec465c2c0e8acb22f8364fe1c2789.png

You still aren’t there yet.  You are not showing units of measure more what the data represents (is this your daily caloric intake over the past few months?).  Per Michigan.gov website the daily number of tested performed has been increasing through today.  The Percentage of positive tests is what tells you if new cases is increasing or decreasing.  

From Michigan.gov website from mid May thru today:   Daily tests performed has been increasing (adds to cumulative and daily new confirmed cases).  Cumulative deaths has been flat (better at treating/those susceptible already dead).  Daily rate of positive tests (percentage of tests which confirm positive) remains steady with slight increase the past week or two (to be expected as quarantine/isolation being eased,  plenty of protesters out and about disregarding social distancing directives).

still open ICU and ventilator capacity.  Keep the aged and sick isolated.  

Please explain the ‘tanking’ in the data.

2EC59ADF-B208-4A26-9C76-317C086C076E.jpeg

49E0FD73-6B43-46A7-8412-715214053AF3.jpeg

0368A7E0-30D2-43A6-AF58-3193863A7018.jpeg

Look at your very last graph - the percent of positive cases has doubled over the last month.  This is discounting the spike we are going to see begin in 3 to 4 days from the July 4th weekend.

This isn't the kind of trend where you can see a small increase and say "no biggie".  It's an exponential growth, and once it gets started it doesn't tend to stop.  You can't just apply the brakes lightly and contain it - especially with nearly everyone back to work at this point.

The increase right now is happening at a very bad time.  In 3 to 4 weeks, band camps, football camps, and other school activies are going to being to start up.  If we are still on an upward trend when that stuff begins, just before school starts, this is going to explode in our faces.

That's the kind of thing that the idiot in the Whitehouse is too dim to understand.  Instead of warning people - like having a speech before the 4th weekend showing what would likely happen if people didn't social distance, he continues to encourage gathering.  He's the worst kind of flat-earth anti-science fool imaginable.

I went into a gas station today.  A gas station next to an automotive assembly plant.  Not one person was wearing a mask.  All it takes is 1 sick person.

Out Side in the D no mask no problem idiots are everywhere. Is it Time for the mask police to step in.... In the D !!! LOL they got bigger fish to fry every minute of the day.

Not every auto plants like that on the inside. At Tower a parts plant the line guys are wearing masks in up to and over 110 f. heat during this now 10 day above 90 f heat wave. yes some are getting killed by the heat and personal medical problems this week not CoVAD19.

The big % increases are mostly on the west side.  

On 7/7/2020 at 9:12 PM, Gangbusters said:

And I have never heard so much complaining from so many of my family members and old friends in Michigan. 

Asking for clarification - About what are they complaining?

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Masks, shutdowns, the Govenor you name it.  They feel that they do need to do anything to help their fellow man and that it is a big conspiracy against them.

1 hour ago, Gangbusters said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Masks, shutdowns, the Govenor you name it.  They feel that they do need to do anything to help their fellow man and that it is a big conspiracy against them.

So, they are complaining the Governor took sound medical advice and implemented policies that likely saved lives.

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, they are complaining the Governor took sound medical advice and implemented policies that likely saved lives.

Yes.  They use terms like 'Dear Leader" and "Queen Whit" to describe her, and say things like "How dare that bitch shut us down again because muh rights."  Fortunately, they are in the significant minority based on her approval level. 

I guess that makes them the exact opposite of the "Silent Majority" - the 'whining minority'

On 7/4/2020 at 5:39 AM, Jules said:

I saw a Young family in a Prius with an Obama/Biden sticker pull up to the curb and everyone of those Birkenstock wearing cunts went into the shop without a mask. Do you really think Trump is responsible for their behavior?  Really?  

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I saw a Young family in a Prius with an Obama/Biden sticker pull up to the curb and everyone of those Birkenstock wearing cunts went into the shop without a mask. Do you really think Trump is responsible for their behavior?  Really?  

The Jacob Wohl phase of Karen Man has begun.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The Jacob Wohl phase of Karen Man has begun.

Hey stalker, I’m curious how many threads you’re going to follow me around. Let’s see..... ready, set, GO. 

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Hey stalker, I’m curious how many threads you’re going to follow me around. Let’s see..... ready, set, GO. 

Drama queen has “stalkers” to feel important.

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I went into a gas station today.  A gas station next to an automotive assembly plant.  Not one person was wearing a mask.  All it takes is 1 sick person.

I was at a tire place yesterday to get a balance before my road trip this weekend. 50% of the desk staff were maskless and about 75% of the customers were either not bothering or had the mask under their chin. WTF?  I handed them my key fob and waited outside in the 105F degree Heat rather than wait for an hour inside with those idiots. Cunts, all of them. And mask wear is now mandated by the gov. I would love to see some people and businesses slapped with big fines for not following the rules on purpose.