Jules

DON'T TELL ME TO WEAR A MASK!!!

Letter to the editor in this morning's paper:

Editor:

A mask mandate in Punta Gorda? "This is not about taking peoples' liberties away" said Vice Mayor Lynne Matthews who in a recent Sun story called for an emergency ordinance to be drafted, requiring people within city limits to wear masks. "I don't want to have to tell anybody, 'well, you need to be doing this', said Mayor Nancy Prafke.

Well, ladies, then just don't! I don't think this decision by these women has anything to do with a hormonal epiphany of some sort, although some might agree that it does.

When someone gets locked up, he loses his personal liberties. When a cop has to arrest someone it becomes a dangerous situation, no one wants to go to jail. Cops are trained for that.

I don't think anyone wants to be ordered to wear a mask anymore than being required to wear a prophylactic or a sanitary napkin.

Alan P. Lessman
Punta Gorda

No doubt he's scored a lot of points with the ladies...
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jules said:

Editor:

A mask mandate in Punta Gorda? "This is not about taking peoples' liberties away" said Vice Mayor Lynne Matthews who in a recent Sun story called for an emergency ordinance to be drafted, requiring people within city limits to wear masks. "I don't want to have to tell anybody, 'well, you need to be doing this', said Mayor Nancy Prafke.

Well, ladies, then just don't! I don't think this decision by these women has anything to do with a hormonal epiphany of some sort, although some might agree that it does.

When someone gets locked up, he loses his personal liberties. When a cop has to arrest someone it becomes a dangerous situation, no one wants to go to jail. Cops are trained for that.

I don't think anyone wants to be ordered to wear a mask anymore than being required to wear a prophylactic or a sanitary napkin.

Alan P. Lessman
Punta Gorda

This just reinforces my belief that men are the problem more often than not. Women seem to have figured it out whether they are mayors or ordinary folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

This just reinforces my belief that men are the problem more often than not. Women seem to have figured it out whether they are mayors or ordinary folks.

My fellow men make me embarrassed to be a man. (not embarrassed enough to transition, but embarrassed all the same).

The I Feel Threatened!!! guy at Costco in Ft Myers now sings a new tune : I feel unemployed.  Viral Video takes down another ahole.

7 hours ago, KC375 said:

My fellow men make me embarrassed to be a man. (not embarrassed enough to transition, but embarrassed all the same).

Well after that post there is no need to be embarrassed any longer...

Hand Over Your Man Card! - Ricochet

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Well after that post there is no need to be embarrassed any longer...

Hand Over Your Man Card! - Ricochet

Surrendering my membership would cause me no angst but unfortunately a high share of the remaining membership would still act like jerks....

Take masks for example my recent survey of the local grocery store ~ 1/3 of the patrons where men, ~80% of the maskless were men.

10 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Stupidity is the issue, not the gender of the stupid person.

It’s pretty simple, if you don’t want to wear a mask please don’t exhale...

• Like 5

This isnt funny anymore.

If you want to exercise your constitutional right to make my children sick and probably kill my husband .....then I want to exercise my constitutional right to carry my Sig P238 and press a .380 where that mask should be. The right to self defense runs strong in my genes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

From what I see using your logic, which may be totally correct, women seem to a lot smarter than men.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

Surrendering my membership would cause me no angst but unfortunately a high share of the remaining membership would still act like jerks....

Take masks for example my recent survey of the local grocery store ~ 1/3 of the patrons where men, ~80% of the maskless were men.

You stand around in grocery stores counting the people not wearing masks? 

Weird.

14 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

From what I see using your logic, which may be totally correct, women seem to a lot smarter than men.

Old news.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Weird.

Shoot first. Count later!

3 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And selfishness.

I am so tired of trying to convince people they should give a shit about others.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

And selfishness.

I am so tired of trying to convince people they should give a shit about others.

indeed , the future looks kinda bleak :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Weird.

No, but I go through life with my eyes open observing my surroundings.

6 hours ago, Mid said:

indeed , the future looks kinda bleak :(

Depending on where you live...

Some societies have shown themselves capable of putting  the common good ahead of short term self interest...and as a result have better served self interest as well...kind of cool that, be considerate of others and you yourself benefit

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jules said:

Editor:

Alan P. Lessman
Punta Gorda

Need his email we could have a S.A field trip :(virtual)

11 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

This isnt funny anymore.

If you want to exercise your constitutional right to make my children sick and probably kill my husband .....then I want to exercise my constitutional right to carry my Sig P238 and press a .380 where that mask should be. The right to self defense runs strong in my genes. 

Think they would wear a mask if people were carrying a spray bottle of something like legionella or sarin?  It would be interesting to see how far they would carry their refusal to mask.

10 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:
11 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Old news.

Maybe it's just because we see this whole manly thing as ridiculous.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

21 hours ago, olaf hart said:

It’s pretty simple, if you don’t want to wear a mask please don’t exhale...

I still think the ideal Trumpista cloth mask would be one with a one way valve that would allow fresh air directly into the lungs, and then shut off, filtering exhaled air through the cloth.  Nice cool fresh air in, filtered air out.  At the least, it would call their bluff about the horrors of breathing in warm air.  At best, they’d have to come to grips with the idea of diminished inhaled effectiveness of cloth masks without a valve, and get a clue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

And selfishness.

Well, up here, just under the Canadian border, if you don’t wear a mask, it’s something like a $1000 fine and or 90 days in jail.  Of course, many Sheriffs are saying they won’t enforce it.  Not enough man power.....;).......or something......:rolleyes:, so..........there’s a reason you’re tired.

When healthcare professionals are wearing masks for 12 hour shifts, it would be nice if the rest of the population could wear a mask for the 2 or 3 hours you go for a walk along a beach so that this can end for us.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KC375 said:

Depending on where you live...

Some societies have shown themselves capable of putting  the common good ahead of short term self interest...and as a result have better served self interest as well...kind of cool that, be considerate of others and you yourself benefit

So it's not rocket surgery?

• Like 1

Careful, the righties will start calling you communists soon with all the "look after your fellow man" bullshit. It's all about individual rights to them. :ph34r:

On 7/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Look up Las Vegas mayor Anderson Cooper. 

11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So it's not rocket surgery?

Brain engineering?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

When healthcare professionals are wearing masks for 12 hour shifts, it would be nice if the rest of the population could wear a mask for the 2 or 3 hours you go for a walk along a beach so that this can end for us.

I agree with wearing masks when required- I am one of the minority that wore them in this country when inside public places when the restrictions were in place. But walking on a beach is not an environment that you need to- unless of course you are making a political statement. It is not just the trumptards that have stupidly turned face masks into team uniforms. Just stay the fuck away from other people. And BTW a citizen of the once mighty US is in no position to lecture others about how to deal with this virus. The US had fucked this up like no other country. 

In the 1918 flu pandemic, not wearing a mask was illegal in some parts of America. What changed?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/03/americas/flu-america-1918-masks-intl-hnk/index.html

By the way: that read is from April 4th.

Death count in the US then: 10.530

Oh, and this is from...1918 or so.

0x0.jpg

19 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

Apples and oranges. In Orange County they probably should mask the fuck up, though. Not in New London County. There's plenty of separation on the beach. Most beaches most of the time. Heck even the state beaches on the weekend are nothing like FLoriduh.

Also, health care workers are INUNDATED with high viral loads. Totally different situation than on a beach outdoors--unless you are crowding together (think 20somethings in Floriduh).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I agree with wearing masks when required- I am one of the minority that wore them in this country when inside public places when the restrictions were in place. But walking on a beach is not an environment that you need to- unless of course you are making a political statement. It is not just the trumptards that have stupidly turned face masks into team uniforms. Just stay the fuck away from other people. And BTW a citizen of the once mighty US is in no position to lecture others about how to deal with this virus. The US had fucked this up like no other country. 

Hello LB........of course you dont need to wear a mask when you are strolling along a semi-empty beach in Australia. I am in the US and I am directing my rant towards my fellow citizens because my sister (and for 2 weeks me) and others like us have to deal with the consequences of a lack of a thoughtful and disciplined precautionary measures by US citizens when in the presence of others.

I am actually quite proud of the way that the people of NY and CT responded.  Generally when the pandemic was understood, the vast majority of people immediately started social distancing and wearing masks.  We got hit so hard because we were unprepared, had a large densely packed population living close to 3 international airports that were a gateway to the world. But the curve was bent and the rate of infection declined dramatically.

Back in late March Early April I posted several times on this site that everyone should start wearing  masks in any place when in contact with other people. Its not complicated......its a respiratory disease with a high viral shed (100x the flu) and a relatively inefficient adhesion. Its a numbers game. Wearing a mask dramatically reduces the rate of spread. We should all be wearing masks at the grocery store, in the street or on a beach where you are within 10 feet (especially on a cool windy day). We owe it to ourselves, we owe it to each other ........and yes, we owe it to the healthcare workers 

So when I see US citizens (although I question whether they deserve that title) strolling around in the midst of a pandemic not wearing masks, it makes me mad. After all of the hell and frustration we went through in the North east to break the back of the disease , they are spreading it in FL TX and AZ....and it will likely roll right around the country again back to us.    

If someone finds its too inconvenient for them to wear a mask for a couple of hours when out in public such that healthcare workers have to get dressed up in full PPE for 12 hours a day 2 weeks later to try and fix the mess they caused , then its not okay.

WEAR MASKS......do your bit to combat the disease.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2020 at 1:06 AM, Ncik said:

Careful, the righties will start calling you communists soon with all the "look after your fellow man" bullshit. It's all about individual rights to them. :ph34r:

But this is such nonsense. The right wing of American politics has always included a sense of patriotism and duty to country.  

This nation was founded on a declaration of independence where we the people  instituted a new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

We have fought wars to secure our safety and freedom.   This is a war against a disease.  Our patriotic duty includes wearing a mask in public. It is the only way we get our economy back on its feet.

I would argue that not wearing a mask is akin to burning the flag. Not wearing masks is a communist plot.

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

LB I agree if you can maintain your distance in open air then a mask is not needed but unfortunately much of the public in many countries find the nuance of figuring out "with good air circulation and at least 2 meters separation" more than they can process.

As to the US leading in the developed world...that is hard to argue...but the UK is working hard to disprove your "like no other country"...

And several countries like Brazil are seeking to compete with the US for absolute levels of incompetence

Still lots of time left to see who the works will be

I agree that the UK are neck and neck with the US in the race to the bottom. Down here we are in the beginning of the so called 2nd wave and it is quite horrifying how quickly this virus can spread. But to put it in perspective Victoria had 288 new cases yesterday- catastrophe by our measure but less than many large towns in the US. 

China must pay for this. In your country Trump and the GOP should pay. What a fuck up.

5 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

they are spreading it in FL TX and AZ....and it will likely roll right around the country again back to us.    

This.

Found a few more masks in a box. The foam nose is gone (pulverised). But these are pre "N95" designation 3m dust and mist respirators. They are excellent. at least 10 years old I guess. The straps are not made of isoprene (rubber) so they last.

50100517928_c769b30b2a_k.jpg

• Like 1

I found a box of those too, when I was installing house insulation, they are a PITA if you are doing anything physical.

But there are 50 of them in a box...

On 7/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, LB 15 said:

But walking on a beach is not an environment that you need to- unless of course you are making a political statement.

Mob idiocy isn't confined to the US:

Widow condemns "barbaric" death of driver beaten over masks

BAYONNE, France -- The wife of a French bus driver who was beaten to death after he asked four passengers to wear face masks aboard his vehicle called Saturday for “exemplary punishment” for his killers.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, fastyacht said:

Fuck masks. Just wear a hula hoop.

Or hockey sticks...

1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

I found a box of those too, when I was installing house insulation, they are a PITA if you are doing anything physical.

But there are 50 of them in a box...

We have 2 n 95 masks left over from my canoe building days.  5 years old.  2 n 99 masks from same.  But when is the best time to wear them?  Not like we can get more.....

10 hours ago, Amati said:

We have 2 n 95 masks left over from my canoe building days.  5 years old.  2 n 99 masks from same.  But when is the best time to wear them?  Not like we can get more.....

You can extend their use and disinfect masks by heating them in a rice cooker .

Wear a mask any time in public enclosed space when you are closer than 10 feet.

In open air, stay 6 feet away from people unless wearing a mask.

5 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

You can extend their use and disinfect masks by heating them in a rice cooker .

Wear a mask any time in public enclosed space when you are closer than 10 feet.

In open air, stay 6 feet away from people unless wearing a mask.

We’ve been putting them in the oven for 1/2 hour at 170 Degrees f.  Does the rice cooker kill more different stuff than the oven?

6 feet is our distancing rule with masks, 10’ for unmasked. Given the Reynolds number of COVID 19, and typical mask sealing, we’re treating it more like inhaled cigarette or cigar smoke, which you can at least smell 10-20 feet away.   Another way to visualize this is with a spray bottle- spray in no wind, spray in a breeze- watch what particles you can see do.  Next, with something stinky like a Windex or 409, try it ^^^ again, using your nose, with and without a mask.  Not exactly strict science, but given the few studies I’ve seen, a useful comparison.  Have you run across any literature on how much (what is the term?) viral loading (?) viral threshold (?), in general, is needed for infection?  Frankly, this is why I’m not crazy about n 95’s, since my n 99 masks (for aerosols) seal a lot better, and Cut down on most smells.  But if you want to start a riot, wear an n99 with cartridges in public....  

something like this would be good, since it protects you and others, and it’s available pretty easily, even from fashion houses-  there’s even baseball caps with the shields on them

5112EEED-DD1F-4A35-A6AE-9DFF36BA818B.jpeg

On 7/8/2020 at 7:11 AM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

On 7/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, Willin' said:

Prior to the history that is taught, Women were the ruling class.

Might fog, but....

5A92CD6A-6B3D-43AE-92CD-8FE952D0253E.jpeg

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Prior to the history that is taught, Women were the ruling class.

Blame Sargon and the Akkadians

4,000 BC: in Sumer, now modern day Iraq, women had equality under the law in marriage, education and commerce. All this was lost when Sargon the Great invaded in 2,300 BC.

The Ascent of Women is good 4 part BBC2 series that is/was availble on Netflix this clip covers the part where things started going down hill for Women

On 7/11/2020 at 5:43 AM, EYESAILOR said:

Hello LB........of course you dont need to wear a mask when you are strolling along a semi-empty beach in Australia. I am in the US and I am directing my rant towards my fellow citizens because my sister (and for 2 weeks me) and others like us have to deal with the consequences of a lack of a thoughtful and disciplined precautionary measures by US citizens when in the presence of others.

I am actually quite proud of the way that the people of NY and CT responded.  Generally when the pandemic was understood, the vast majority of people immediately started social distancing and wearing masks.  We got hit so hard because we were unprepared, had a large densely packed population living close to 3 international airports that were a gateway to the world. But the curve was bent and the rate of infection declined dramatically.

Back in late March Early April I posted several times on this site that everyone should start wearing  masks in any place when in contact with other people. Its not complicated......its a respiratory disease with a high viral shed (100x the flu) and a relatively inefficient adhesion. Its a numbers game. Wearing a mask dramatically reduces the rate of spread. We should all be wearing masks at the grocery store, in the street or on a beach where you are within 10 feet (especially on a cool windy day). We owe it to ourselves, we owe it to each other ........and yes, we owe it to the healthcare workers 

So when I see US citizens (although I question whether they deserve that title) strolling around in the midst of a pandemic not wearing masks, it makes me mad. After all of the hell and frustration we went through in the North east to break the back of the disease , they are spreading it in FL TX and AZ....and it will likely roll right around the country again back to us.    

If someone finds its too inconvenient for them to wear a mask for a couple of hours when out in public such that healthcare workers have to get dressed up in full PPE for 12 hours a day 2 weeks later to try and fix the mess they caused , then its not okay.

WEAR MASKS......do your bit to combat the disease.

My rural hospital only has a few Covid cases (but increasing).  Nevertheless, it puts enough strain on an already short staff (so desperate for RNs I got a phat hiring bonus that went straight to new boat fund!) that we are now floating nurses from med-surge or tele to the Covid pts that do not need a vent.  Then, these nurses go back to their regular units with little down time.   Used to be if you worked with covid pts that is the only place you worked for several weeks and then you were given paid time off to sit at home and see if you had symptoms--- THEN go back to work.  But hey, we USED to change ppe when going from pt to pt. 

So quite possibly, a single nurse aid, rt,  nurse or doc could spread it to much of the hospital. 

On 7/11/2020 at 9:04 PM, EYESAILOR said:

I would argue that not wearing a mask is akin to burning the flag. Not wearing masks is a communist plot.

I agree with you...now convince the freedumb fighters who appear to also support Trump.

6 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

My rural hospital only has a few Covid cases (but increasing).  Nevertheless, it puts enough strain on an already short staff (so desperate for RNs I got a phat hiring bonus that went straight to new boat fund!) that we are now floating nurses from med-surge or tele to the Covid pts that do not need a vent.  Then, these nurses go back to their regular units with little down time.   Used to be if you worked with covid pts that is the only place you worked for several weeks and then you were given paid time off to sit at home and see if you had symptoms--- THEN go back to work.  But hey, we USED to change ppe when going from pt to pt. 

So quite possibly, a single nurse aid, rt,  nurse or doc could spread it to much of the hospital. 

Not ring fencing covid patients/health workers?

What could possibly go wrong?

My daughter works in a hospital in Melbourne. They have split the doctors into 2 equal groups who work alternate weeks... it means she has to do  ridiculous hours for 7 days, and then she gets 7 days off. The idea being that if a doctor gets infected, then chances are that they will have been in close enough proximity with enough of their colleagues to require a large chunk of the doctors to be self-isolating pending testing /   results. By splitting the team in half, the idea is that they will have at least half their doctors healthy.... kinda chilling thought, really, isn't it

The shifts during the 7 days on are horrendous, but she's liking the 7 off

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

My daughter works in a hospital in Melbourne. They have split the doctors into 2 equal groups who work alternate weeks... it means she has to do  ridiculous hours for 7 days, and then she gets 7 days off. The idea being that if a doctor gets infected, then chances are that they will have been in close enough proximity with enough of their colleagues to require a large chunk of the doctors to be self-isolating pending testing /   results. By splitting the team in half, the idea is that they will have at least half their doctors healthy.... kinda chilling thought, really, isn't it

The shifts during the 7 days on are horrendous, but she's liking the 7 off

This will continue to be a numbers game for the foreseeable future. Shorter and easier if people would stop second guessing the experts.

What's with the black masks anyway?  Do they think it makes them badasses?

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Doesn't show the dye,  his skin must bleed fake tan after all these years coated with the stuff. 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

I would guess the military brass decided to issue masks to everyone and what colour they would be.

If its the Presidents mask your asking about, it looks dark blue to me..

5 hours ago, hobot said:

He’s squinting so fiercely his eyes are sometimes shut.- I wonder if he practiced this in front of a mirror, but not enough to physically remember what it was he liked.  Or does he have a sadistic acting coach?   He’s big on the squint/frown these days- he does it as background to his political ads, at the top of the frame, faded into the black.  He’s doing it more in front of the cameras, and at the last few rallies.   It’s getting a bit stylized, Though, kind of like Mussolini’s mouth frown, arm crossing,  and exaggerated head nod towards the end. Is Trump lurking?  Is he angry with us?  Or does he think this makes him look tough?  Scary?

Maybe he’s trying to look around and gauge the reaction to his wearing a mask, and doesn’t want anyone to see he’s doing it-  Embarrassment? It is the media, after all....   Who talked him into this?  Melatonin?

15 minutes ago, RogerWilco said:

I am confused by what is right and what is wrong. Good Morning America said, "Which mask do health officials recommend?" "None of them." "A mask is an illusion of protection."   

1st - that video is from Feb 27. Why are you posting such an old video? At that time the 3M N95s were (and still are) in extremely short supply and we all wanted to ensure the HC and 1st Responders could get them.

2nd - the main purpose of the mask is to protect others. If everyone wears one your changes of contracting the virus are lowered significantly.

3rd - Don't be a douche like Sen Ted Cruz who just flew from Houston to Dallas sans mask.

4th - If you don't want to wear a mask just stay the hell away from society. Go self isolate in the boonies and stay there.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

1st....

Mr ranger, 

As shown on other threads, Mr (or maybe Ms) Wilco is a troll, a liar and likely not very bright.  Do not engage with him (or her).  

18 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Mr ranger, 

As shown on other threads, Mr (or maybe Ms) Wilco is a troll, a liar and likely not very bright.  Do not engage with him (or her).  

Thanks, duly noted. Roger Wilco. My bad and won't happen again.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ncik said:

Maybe that's why there was such overall compliance in China. In the first 3-4 weeks of COVID I only saw 2 people NOT wearing masks the whole time and they were a foreign woman and (I presume) her daughter. And it has worked. Now with the latest flare up Beijing has been largely closed down again. It is not rocket science, if you trap the droplets with a mask they can't land on someone else's face. Just what is the average EQ over there?  

3 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

I am confused by what is right and what is wrong.

All you Trumptards are.

3 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

Maybe that's why there was such overall compliance in China. In the first 3-4 weeks of COVID I only saw 2 people NOT wearing masks the whole time and they were a foreign woman and (I presume) her daughter. And it has worked. Now with the latest flare up Beijing has been largely closed down again. It is not rocket science, if you trap the droplets with a mask they can't land on someone else's face. Just what is the average EQ over there?  

To be fair, I have no problem with communism as an economic principle when implemented fairly. I think there are many shades of grey between capitalism and communism, and that most countries lie somewhere on the spectrum. My comment was directed at people, generally to the right of politics, who use communist as a derogatory term without forethought.

40 minutes ago, Ncik said:

To be fair, I have no problem with communism as an economic principle when implemented fairly. I think there are many shades of grey between capitalism and communism, and that most countries lie somewhere on the spectrum. My comment was directed at people, generally to the right of politics, who use communist as a derogatory term without forethought.

Completely agree Ncik. China is what might be called "Enlightened Communism". Most country's governments are at neither one end or the other but I do believe that the USA is closer to the one extreme than China is to the other and it does seem than a significant number of people have been 'left behind' in the rush towards the American Dream. Maybe I'm wrong and always willing to be proved so - it is how one learns.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ncik said:

Do you wear a turtle neck and smoke a pipe? You sound like you should.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

VS wearing a shirt with a collar under a sweater and smoking a pipe....

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:56 PM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

And you are just now realizing that??  

16 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

I am confused by what is right and what is wrong. Good Morning America said, "Which mask do health officials recommend?" "None of them." "A mask is an illusion of protection."    

Good Morning America doesn’t know that breathing consists of inhalation and exhalation.  They also don’t know there are different kinds of masks.  They are very pretty though! :)  And they speak with nice well modulated voices! :) 

1 minute ago, RogerWilco said:

I have been staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Be careful, you might be able to get away with being a douche bag online most of the time, but I know who you are.  See you tomorrow.

Awesome - first thing is just slap me silly and then call me a cowardly anonymous douchebag.  I can hardly wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

I have been staying home and wearing a mask in public.  Be careful, you might be able to get away with being a douche bag online most of the time, but I know who you are.  See you tomorrow.

What kind of mask?

22 minutes ago, RogerWilco said:

I don't know what kind of mask I wear. I just know it isn't an N95.   Do you know what kind of mask do you wear?

1. N99 FroM shop days 3M

2 N95     “         “         “       “

3 double layer t shirt material by ThompsonT (most comfortable, easiest to breathe, washable) about 50% (?) as effective as a surgical mask as far as inhalation goes, we keep at least 6’ distance

4  masks from the Westie shop- they come with a filter (pm 2,5 ), but we don’t look to them for much inhalation protection- 6’ rule there too

5  bandanas doubled extra big, (About same protection as the other cloth masks)so breath goes down rather than up.  Worn with wrap around sunglasses and shady Brady-  it works the best to keep people away- kind of the Petty Racing team look.

6. Tea towels- kind of a work in progress as far as fit goes, but Cambridge studies have indicated surgical mask levels of inhalation protection, which seems interesting

we try to match masks with the perceived level of risk

Tea towel that is soaked in MEK mixed with styrene monomer 70-30. Filters and kills the particles and gives a nice buzz. Also the smell puts everyone away from you at least 6 feet.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Ha, no, but my boss thinks I'm a leftard hippy and my young offspring tried to save our backyard tree from a hard prune. Maybe it's in my DNA.

But you don't agree with the theory of a sliding scale of communism to capitalism?

On 7/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, d'ranger said:

The I Feel Threatened!!! guy at Costco in Ft Myers now sings a new tune : I feel unemployed.  Viral Video takes down another ahole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ncik said:

Ha, no, but my boss thinks I'm a leftard hippy and my young offspring tried to save our backyard tree from a hard prune. Maybe it's in my DNA.

But you don't agree with the theory of a sliding scale of communism to capitalism?

My attitude towards any form of socialism is the same as being reamed in the arse. I have no problem if people want to participate in it- just leave me out of it.

12 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

My attitude towards any form of socialism is the same as being reamed in the arse. I have no problem if people want to participate in it- just leave me out of it.

So providing unemployment benefits is of no value to the employed and society at large? A lot of us might soon find out what it's like to not have a job, so be prepared for governments to increase taxes to cover the spending in this area.

What would you do with the unemployed and unemployable, let 'em starve?

Face it, you already are part of a socialist/communist society that exists somewhere on the spectrum. And if you believe that corporate welfare is rife then the spot on the spectrum is probably not as close to the capitalism end as you might think.

I'm mixing communism and socialism together as they are a bit similar.

• Like 1

These are extraordinary times and call for extraordinary measures but nevertheless the left does not own a monopoly on compassion. Not letting people starve is not socialism it is common decency. Same goes for universal healthcare. That is just common sense. When there is a return to near full employment social security for the unemployed (not the unemployable) should return to a subsistence level- instead of offering a career alternative for lazy cunts.

22 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Awesome - first thing is just slap me silly and then call me a cowardly anonymous douchebag.  I can hardly wait.

maybe I should change my ID to d'instagator?      someone's missing lord kumbahyah. 

edit: since rw has no idea who I am in real life someone could be really surprised this afternoon.  Meaning I should be d'ahole

11 hours ago, LB 15 said:

These are extraordinary times and call for extraordinary measures but nevertheless the left does not own a monopoly on compassion. Not letting people starve is not socialism it is common decency. Same goes for universal healthcare. 

Socialism? Hahaha.  In this country your support for universal healthcare makes you an outright Communist 

18 hours ago, LB 15 said:

These are extraordinary times and call for extraordinary measures but nevertheless the left does not own a monopoly on compassion. Not letting people starve is not socialism it is common decency. Same goes for universal healthcare. That is just common sense. When there is a return to near full employment social security for the unemployed (not the unemployable) should return to a subsistence level- instead of offering a career alternative for lazy cunts.

Thank fuck. Socialism/common decency, same thing to most people.

You do like a little ass tickle then...;)

19 hours ago, LB 15 said:

"near full employment" Should we start a debate about how this is measured? There's been a lot of accounting by governments that fiddle with this number. What is employment, 5 hours a week, 25 hours?