BravoBravo

Renaming the Washington...

Formerly known as the Redskins

have at it

Whatever............I think all the women named "Dixie" are in for a rough run though.......................

• Like 1

Best was Wash Hogs....  Love Red Tails... 3 yrs from now no one is going to care.  Hell the bears were called  Decatur Staleys 100 yrs ago for fucks sakes...  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Whatever............I think all the women named "Dixie" are in for a rough run though.......................

I see what you did there PB...  :lol:

• Like 1

with this COVID thingy going on, people got way too much time on their hands...............

• Like 3

Washington Wildthinges!  Theame songue is alle reddey ritten...............                   :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

untitled.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid....  The only way he is going to get into an NFL Franchise.....  ;)

14 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

The DC Democrats!

Problem is, How do you incorporate the pukey colors into the scheme??  

9 minutes ago, herbie verstinx said:

FB_IMG_1594739038952.jpg

That was going to be my post, you win as I didn’t have the photoshop 

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Be afraid, be very afraid....  The only way he is going to get into an NFL Franchise.....  ;)

he couldn't be worse than snyder running a team into the ground

Well, with the drumpf, You would be lucky if the field/mascot/security guard were even on this planet still let alone fielding a team....  Who in the fuck would play for him??  

What about the KS Chiefs?

Or Cleveland Indians?

What's the origin story of the Cincinnati Reds?

Atlanta Braves?

Chicago Blackhawks will need a mascot change, no?

4 hours ago, shaggy said:

Best was Wash Hogs....  Love Red Tails... 3 yrs from now no one is going to care.  Hell the bears were called  Decatur Staleys 100 yrs ago for fucks sakes...  

The way that the Deadskins play, the descendants to the Tuskegee Airmen would have a case to argue that they were cheapening the "Red Tail" legacy.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Or Cleveland Indians?

Atlanta Braves?

KC is reviewing the Chop...  so is Cleveland, Reds, Well Marge Shott got shit canned because of racist shit and had to get rid of the franchise, Braves??  INdian kids so no issue, Blackhawks, well, how does that disparage Chief Blackhawk or the Blckhawk indians?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)

We don't have to get rid of all the Native American names, Just the shitty ones...   

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Or Cleveland Indians?

Atlanta Braves?

Like the Vikings, Vandals, Giants, Canadiens, Oilers, Cowboys etc.  Just names.

But Chief Wahoo should definitely be binned.  And I've always kind of winced at the Canucks.

(Cincinnati Reds = Redlegs.  Much like the Browns, Red Sox or White Sox.

42 minutes ago, shaggy said:

KC is reviewing the Chop...  so is Cleveland, Reds, Well Marge Shott got shit canned because of racist shit and had to get rid of the franchise, Braves??  INdian kids so no issue, Blackhawks, well, how does that disparage Chief Blackhawk or the Blckhawk indians?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)

We don't have to get rid of all the Native American names, Just the shitty ones...   

Stanford... thought Indians was too much... IMO there must be context and intent for any name to be a slur 

They just need to change the name but it seems to be a strange line that only 1 team has crossed... Haven't we fucked with the Native Americans enough?

What about the penguins, dolphins and bears, etc?

You think they appreciate having their species' identities appropriated for profit?

8 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Stanford... thought Indians was too much... IMO there must be context and intent for any name to be a slur 

You know the history behind Stanford U and Leland Stanford made his money?

OK, do not disparage Da Bears or I am gonna have to sick little Ditka on your ass...  

• Like 1

Washington Pageboys... after all the play like a girls HS touch football team...

12 minutes ago, Liquid said:

They just need to change the name but it seems to be a strange line that only 1 team has crossed... Haven't we fucked with the Native Americans enough?

What about the penguins, dolphins and bears, etc?

You think they appreciate having their species' identities appropriated for profit?

Lots of teams have crossed the line in the past, but the smart ones already made the change yrs ago.  One of our rival HS was the indians and used the chop, it's now the frigging zbeez or something and that was changed over 30 yrs ago.  We are dealing with the holdouts...  Get with the times...  

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Lots of teams have crossed the line in the past, but the smart ones already made the change yrs ago.  One of our rival HS was the indians and used the chop, it's now the frigging zbeez or something and that was changed over 30 yrs ago.  We are dealing with the holdouts...  Get with the times...  

our hs is the indians,   the outrage from people who didn't give a fuck when they were in school and now it's so important to them now..  

Just now, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

our hs is the indians,   the outrage from people who didn't give a fuck when they were in school and now it's so important to them now..  

I have no Idea, better late than never right???  

12 minutes ago, shaggy said:

My high school was the Redmen until my sophomore year. 

5 hours ago, Point Break said:

Are there any women named Dixie left?

The Washington Fillibusters 

14 minutes ago, shaggy said:

There are two categories of these names. Apparently Florida State University works with the Seminole tribe to use that nickname with their approval. A bit less clear are the Chicago Blackhawks which are name after a respected chief named Black Hawk. Names like the Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves should change but only will when their sponsors threaten to pull support. Money talks, especially when it may walk.

The current name is associated with racism and violence. The new name is The Virginia Redskins. 

14 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Are there any women named Dixie left?

My SIL for one.

The Washington Danny Boys 

8 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Chicago Blackhawks which are named after a respected chief named Black Hawk. 

That's an interesting story.

Strange that a team would use a figure that fought with the British against us and led the Black Hawk War against us...

Sorta like calling a team The Washington Ho Chi Minhs

47 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Or the Bin Ladens........             notte

I thick the Blacke Hawke thinge ist out of respectte............ IDN juste supposeng.........               :)

• Like 2

Washington Hogs works, but if they want a name that will spawn terror in the hearts of opposing NFL players they will call themselves the "IRS Audits".  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Washington Hogs works, but if they want a name that will spawn terror in the hearts of opposing NFL players they will call themselves the "IRS Audits".  

Not an all inclusive name.... the Islamanics will never go for it 

IAD Porke Rindes?

In honnere GHB, and the Kennebunkeporte Maffia............             :)

Washington Interns,

because they already get fcked by any team they play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, See Level said:

Washington Interns,

because they already get fcked by any team they play.

whynotte the E-Zs?

Washington Monuments

Tip of the hat to often dead important people who's statues are soon to be torn down for/by (insert your favorite cause here) 

The Federales 

The team has been woefully irrelevant for a generation IMHO.  So at most levels I don't give a sh!t, even though I was an ardent fan until the late 80s or so.  A few name ideas.

• Ians - as in the Washington Ians (that's an i, not an l)
  • PACers - that's a hard C as in PAC, but Green Bay might object.
  • Carvers - as in George Washington Carver.

Since Washington was a slave owner shouldn't that be changed too? 

12 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Washington Wildthinges!  Theame songue is alle reddey ritten...............                   :)

I'd like that,  my uncle was in the band played on the the record,  but is not one of the four faces on the record cover. 

11 hours ago, shaggy said:

Well, with the drumpf, You would be lucky if the field/mascot/security guard were even on this planet still let alone fielding a team....  Who in the fuck would play for him??  

Well, at least we'll already know where his funding is coming from!

CD3803A4-9EB6-44D1-9408-E7B4CEFEB22B.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

CD3803A4-9EB6-44D1-9408-E7B4CEFEB22B.jpeg

-666, coincidence?

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

-666, coincidence?

No ... typical Dem voter fraud 

• Downvote 1

Our local Tri-Town Valley Regional HS, has the "Valley Warriors", and the logo is similar to, if not identical to the Skins here....

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Our local Tri-Town Valley Regional HS, has the "Valley Warriors", and the logo is similar to, if not identical to the Skins here....

I suspect that various school teams pick colors and logos that match pro teams.  Increases the likelihood that fans will have matching hats and jackets without having to go out and design it de novo.  Even pro teams across sports share colors, so Pittsburgh fans wear black and yellow (or is the gold or maize or whatever) for the Pens, Pirates, and Steelers.

5 minutes ago, NaptimeAgain said:

I suspect that various school teams pick colors and logos that match pro teams.  Increases the likelihood that fans will have matching hats and jackets without having to go out and design it de novo.  Even pro teams across sports share colors, so Pittsburgh fans wear black and yellow (or is the gold or maize or whatever) for the Pens, Pirates, and Steelers.

Yea, that works in Pittsburgh..  Try it in Denver, Chicago, NY, LA, hell anywhere west...  No workey??

14 hours ago, The Q said:

Since Washington was a slave owner shouldn't that be changed too? 

I'd like that,  my uncle was in the band played on the the record,  but is not one of the four faces on the record cover. 

my wife's and I  wedding reception song, played by a 3 piece german oompa band..

21 hours ago, Liquid said:

That's an interesting story.

Strange that a team would use a figure that fought with the British against us and led the Black Hawk War against us...

Lots of stuff named Blackhawk. Most notably numerous hiking trails throughout the country. When we lived in Milwaukee for a couple years and I was a Boy Scout, our troop hiked one of the Blackhawk trails in Wisconsin. There is a BSA council “district” named that as well. 

http://www.blackhawkscouting.org/

There is also a golf course and technical college named the same. The Blackhawk wars are a small portion of colonial history but to the region it was a big element in the development/settlement of the lands. The names are not prejudicial of which side the Sauk Chief aligned with but rather simply a recognition of the important role those historical events played in the history of that region. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Point Break said:

There is also a golf course and technical college named the same.

Shot my only 39 on BHGC when I was a kid.  Grew up in that area.

I change my previous comment to Washington Fusterclucks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

Shot my only 39 on BHGC when I was a kid.  Grew up in that area.

I change my previous comment to Washington Fusterclucks.

39!!!!!!!! I am humbled...........I was proud of my 54 a few days ago.................:unsure:

1 minute ago, Point Break said:

39!!!!!!!! I am humbled...........I was proud of my 54 a few days ago.................:unsure:

I was 16 or 17 -- hit the ball straight and hard.  That straight part disappeared as I got older.  I broke an honest 100 on a super easy course when I was about 26 or 27, and quit on the spot.  Haven't golfed since.

The Blackhawk course was fun  -- in high school my buddy and I would hit it about 7:30 pm on a weeknight in the summer, and finish the 9 holes just as it got too dark to see.  That was fast golf.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Drift alert.. yo PB now you are pack’n... that is only the beginning, how are your accessories and mod dreams coming along 

:)

30 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Drift alert.. yo PB now you are pack’n... that is only the beginning, how are your accessories and mod dreams coming along 

I pick up my G23 tomorrow. Then I'll be dangerous :lol:......we'll see.

So far as the rest.........I bought a Glock Gen 4 tech mat for tear down and cleaning......some earplugs and ear muffs..........and some gun butter. Putting my range bag together slowly. Not buying one yet, I have a couple maybe suitable bags lying around I'll press into service first. Frankly, not sure what all I'll need yet. My adult son - who followed me onto the job 7 years ago, the same month I retired - bought a G23 at the same place I did and picks it up today. So I reckon he and I will learn together. 

So far as the rest of my world.........like everyone here I'm sure....it feels like ground hog day...."what time is it Elroy!!". Playing golf, working on house projects (since we have two houses now - hers and mine - just 12 miles apart), biking, hiking, and cooking/grilling. Lucky to have Mrs PB to accompany me on the journey. Have had no relapses since the last one and feel pretty good. Sad that the COVIDIOTS are taking us back to square 1 thus wasting the last 4 months but I guess thats how it will be for a while.

Thanks for asking............your world good?

So far as the rest.........I bought a Glock Gen 4 tech mat for tear down and cleaning......some earplugs and ear muffs..........and some gun butter. Putting my range bag together slowly. Not buying one yet, I have a couple maybe suitable bags lying around I'll press into service first. Frankly, not sure what all I'll need yet. My adult son - who followed me onto the job 7 years ago, the same month I retired - bought a G23 at the same place I did and picks it up today. So I reckon he and I will learn together. 

So far as the rest of my world.........like everyone here I'm sure....it feels like ground hog day...."what time is it Elroy!!". Playing golf, working on house projects (since we have two houses now - hers and mine - just 12 miles apart), biking, hiking, and cooking/grilling. Lucky to have Mrs PB to accompany me on the journey. Have had to relapses since the last one and feel pretty good. Sad that the COVIDIOTS are taking us back to square 1 thus wasting the last 4 months but I guess thats how it will be for a while.

Thanks for asking............your world good?

Yep... should have posted the question on the other thread, other than a direct flight to Indy and back a few weeks ago we are hunkered down. We both were tested after returning and both negative. The new reality drones on... shooting is FUN ! ... I miss it 

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

29 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

:lol:

Oh come on Snags, let me indulge my macho fantasy!!!! I’m feeling all Charlie Bronson. 

• Like 1

:lol:

Oh come on Snags, let me indulge my macho fantasy!!!!

You our moire then wellcome to........  you cane be freakeng Clinte Eastwoode if you choose.            Ime am juste seeng the reallitey.                                  :)

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

You our moire then wellcome to........  you cane be freakeng Clinte Eastwoode if you choose.            Ime am juste seeng the reallitey.                                  :)

Clint? Okay.......better?

8 hours ago, Point Break said:

6.5 lb trigger pull, holy crap, you better start lifting weights...

"Political correctness is a doctrine - fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media - which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Trovão said:

"Political correctness is a doctrine - fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media - which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

^^^ Thisse shoude be poested in Greate Quottes threade....               :)

47 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

^^^ Thisse shoude be poested in Greate Quottes threade....               :)

done...

4 minutes ago, Trovão said:

done...

I saw, thackes!                                 :)

• Like 1

Has anyone picked Weasels?  or Wild Weasels? Or Wiley Weasels?  WWW.

5 hours ago, Trovão said:

By Internet standards, this quip about political correctness is nearly ancient. Versions of it dating to 2006 and 2007 are easily located, attributed at least twice to students of Texas A&M University. It surfaced again in a 2012 Townhall column that lauded it while also describing it as an “old Internet joke”. Although the joke’s origins may be murky,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

thanks. i'm aware of it.

56 minutes ago, Trovão said:

thanks. i'm aware of it.

most people attribute it to harry truman...   but PC has it's uses,   one to get rid of nasty stereotypes,  reduce hate.. etc..  but there are extremes, which everyone knows,  you don't bang the corners.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, Point Break said:

Lots of stuff named Blackhawk. Most notably numerous hiking trails throughout the country. When we lived in Milwaukee for a couple years and I was a Boy Scout, our trohiked one of the Blackhawk trails in Wisconsin. There is a BSA council “district” named that as well. 

blackhawk.jpg.16d47f2ef367f3423148eaff66da80fc.jpg

51 minutes ago, atoyot said:

blackhawk.jpg.16d47f2ef367f3423148eaff66da80fc.jpg

Well there you go!! Thats pretty macho though......they're probably okay with that. :lol:

pussy punchers....

15 former female Redskins employees allege misconduct against team, Washington Post reports