Sign in to follow this  
Saorsa

Evidence of systemic racism

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

moslemic. do you really believe you are even close?  You are one dumb motherfucker and  I know I spelled everything correctly.  

Dude, chill.

1 minute ago, mathystuff said:

Again, you are not understanding the word systemic in the way it is meant by people saying systemic racism exists. Segregation is an example of institutionalized racism, which is a subset of systemic racism.

For it to be systemic, it has to be coordinated and organized.  A bunch of racist people out there independently being racist are not part of a "system."

1 minute ago, jzk said:

For it to be systemic, it has to be coordinated and organized.  A bunch of racist people out there independently being racist are not part of a "system."

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Nope. That’s INSTITUTIONAL racism. 

Are you saying that institutional racism is not systemic?

Dude, chill.

Why.  I want this asshole to die.

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Why.  I want this asshole to die.

You're losing track of who the assholes are. You just attacked mathystuff for some unknown reason.

I always plead guilty, I meant BravoBrao.  AKA shithead.

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I always plead guilty, I meant BravoBrao.  AKA shithead.

Maybe you shouldn't call other people stupid.

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Done.  System: An entity made up of interrelated, interdependent parts.

14 minutes ago, jzk said:

Is capitalism a system or not jerkz? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Is capitalism a system or not jerkz? :lol:

Yes, it is a system of private ownership, property rights, and voluntary cooperation.  

If a participant in a capitalist system decides not to buy Chinese products, that decision is hardly "systemic."

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I just got a new client, his name is Mohammad. Does that tell you anything about him?

Show him some of your posts and he won't be your client for long. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I just got a new client, his name is Mohammad. Does that tell you anything about him?

Show him some of your posts and he won't be your client for long. 

@Dog wrote "Affirmative action in hiring and college admissions both discriminates in the basis of race and is systemic...is it systemic racism?" 

Tell us what you know about Affirmative Action in hiring and college admits  . . . 

Who does it? How widespread? How have the courts ruled? What is its rationale? 

I seriously doubt that you know jack squat about it. 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

He's from Bangladesh? 

A boxer with a lean and hungry look?

Just now, Saorsa said:

A boxer with a lean and hungry look?

Mebbe - my buddy Mohammed from Bangladesh is short and squat with a perpetual grin.  He had some language difficulties understanding immigration forms, so I spent some time over the course of about 18 months to help him understand what was being requested and to answer the questions.  Good guy - has 2 kids now, bought a house a few years ago, and loves to have the entire neighborhood over for Ramadan suppers. 

On 7/19/2020 at 4:27 PM, AJ Oliver said:

This is what you posted, you lying Reichista slime . . 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-from-teen-vogue-sleep-is-systemically-racist?%3Futm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-podcast&utm_campaign=andrewklavan

the Daily Wire (gag me) and gems such as this  . .   "What we need is Doctor Kevorkian for these miserable leftists." 

Right, fool.  I knew that as soon as they saw the daily wire you morons who can't Tyrone Shoelaces would jump on it.

And you fell for it sucker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Mebbe - my buddy Mohammed from Bangladesh is short and squat with a perpetual grin.  He had some language difficulties understanding immigration forms, so I spent some time over the course of about 18 months to help him understand what was being requested and to answer the questions.  Good guy - has 2 kids now, bought a house a few years ago, and loves to have the entire neighborhood over for Ramadan suppers. 

I spent better than a year in Turkey and knew lots of folks named Mohammed, Arslan, Mehmet and others.

Quite a few in England as well.

I think a lot of peoples self induced problems come from their own visualization of themselves and think the rest of the world think of them as they do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I spent better than a year in Turkey and knew lots of folks named Mohammed, Arslan, Mehmet and others.

Quite a few in England as well.

I think a lot of peoples self induced problems come from their own visualization of themselves and think the rest of the world think of them as they do.

:lol: man, you are really disproving the point here. 
and holy fuck that last paragraph is choice. You’d have to be AGITC dumb to not see the irony.

6 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Right, fool.  I knew that as soon as they saw the daily wire

No effort whatsoever to address the topic of systemic racism. 

Pure trolling - deflect, dodge. 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

No effort whatsoever to address the topic of systemic racism. 

Pure trolling - deflect, dodge. 

I guess you didn't bother reading the Teen Vogue article because systemic racism was the premise of their argument.

The daily wire link was there in the clear, not embedded in some catchy phrase so you didn't bother going any further.

You swallowed it whole like a sucker on a doughball.

Just now, Saorsa said:

I guess you didn't bother reading the Teen Vogue article because systemic racism was the premise of their argument.

The daily wire link was there in the clear, not embedded in some catchy phrase so you didn't bother going any further.

You swallowed it whole like a sucker on a doughball.

“I was just wearing the Klan garb as a joke”

30 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

@Dog wrote "Affirmative action in hiring and college admissions both discriminates in the basis of race and is systemic...is it systemic racism?" 

Tell us what you know about Affirmative Action in hiring and college admits  . . . 

Who does it? How widespread? How have the courts ruled? What is its rationale? 

I seriously doubt that you know jack squat about it. 

It seems like he knows what is relevant to this discussion, that it is systemic racial discrimination.

5 minutes ago, jzk said:

It seems like he knows what is relevant to this discussion, that it is systemic racial discrimination.

Other than just the terms used, neither you nor @Dog know anything about them. 

Prove you know even a little bit, and then we can have a discussion. 

In the meantime, I gave you a solid link/source supporting the thesis of systemic racism. 

All you have is your Reich-Wing talking points - and not much even of that. 

10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Other than just the terms used, neither you nor @Dog know anything about them. 

Prove you know even a little bit, and then we can have a discussion. 

In the meantime, I gave you a solid link/source supporting the thesis of systemic racism. 

All you have is your Reich-Wing talking points - and not much even of that. 

Do those programs discriminate by race systemically?  Yes or no?

You cited cases of individual racism, not systemic racism.  

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Do those programs discriminate by race systemically?  Yes or no?

You cited cases of individual racism, not systemic racism.  

Obviously those programs are a part of systemic racism. Precisely because they make a distinction (discriminate) based on the construct of race and reinforce that constuct. They are even an example of institutionalized racism.

This is not a moral judgement, tho. Whether this kind of racism "the other way around" is a useful, just, whatever tool to combat structural racism (i.e. underrepresentation of minorities as CEOs, university lecturers, etc) is a different discussion.

You are wrong about AJs example, tho. It also describes a part of systemic racism, because it also reproduces the distinction based on race.

Obviously those programs are a part of systemic racism. Precisely because they make a distinction (discriminate) based on the construct of race and reinforce that constuct. They are even an example of institutionalized racism.

This is not a moral judgement, tho. Whether this kind of racism "the other way around" is a useful, just, whatever tool to combat structural racism (i.e. underrepresentation of minorities as CEOs, university lecturers, etc) is a different discussion.

You are wrong about AJs example, tho. It also describes a part of systemic racism, because it also reproduces the distinction based on race.

How is it systemic?  Does "common" mean "systemic?"

30 minutes ago, jzk said:

How is it systemic?  Does "common" mean "systemic?"

In a way, yes.

A social system following Luhmanns definition is a system of acts of communication. Such acts could be greeting someone by shaking his hand, giving a $10 bill to the clerk or calling someone the n-word.

I'll assume you'll agree that precisely the last one is racist. And it is racist (way to abbreviated version of system theory here) because it references and reproduces a distinction based on race.

Now that is kind of an unsatisfactory definition, because by it describing a friend you're looking for as black to your other friends who don't know him would also count as systemic racism.

But obviously your intent would not be racist in this case. You would not reference the parts of the racial distinction that painted blacks as inferior.

The guy in AJs exanple did. His communication leaned on the "common" understanding that blacks are inferior. Or at least hoped to do so.

Nothing but dumb-ass completely unsciency anecdotes from the Reich; 

illustrates their level of cognitive development, i.e., low 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, AJ Oliver said:

There are numerous empirical studies that show systemic racism in the US - in the hiring process, for example. 

And the local Reich gives us, what, Andy Ngo ? 

It's that anti-science thing on the Reich - they know as little about systemic racism as they do about Corona-V or climate change. 

They are willfully, proudly ignorant. 

Here is a summary of some of the research - there are thousands more where this comes from. 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/18/16307782/study-racism-jobs

They concluded that, on average, “white applicants receive 36% more callbacks than equally qualified African Americans” while “[w]hite applicants receive on average 24% more callbacks than Latinos.”

Would you please stop your systemic racism.   Everyone is getting tired of it.  

On 7/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, AJ Oliver said:

You refer to the cops and the Boogaloos, right? 

The violent rioters and looters.

14 hours ago, mathystuff said:

So, the NBA is systemically racist.

5 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

So, the NBA is systemically racist.

Why would it be? I'm not an american. What I know about the NBA basically amounts to Michael Jordan and Dirk Nowitzki played basketball in it.

59 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Why would it be? I'm not an american. What I know about the NBA basically amounts to Michael Jordan and Dirk Nowitzki played basketball in it.

Racial demographics are all ‘wrong’.  The sport is systemically set up against white, Asian, and Latinos.  They need to lower the  rim because white men cant jump.  

19 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Racial demographics are all ‘wrong’.  The sport is systemically set up against white, Asian, and Latinos.  They need to lower the  rim because white men cant jump.  

I'm sure that causes you countless nights without sleep.

Other evidence of systemic racism is that Ethiopian Americans have a per capita income in America of $43,103 while white people have a per capita income of $32,910.  Iranian Americans do even better at $43,173. 

This is to to Ethiopian and Iranian privilege that is widespread across the United States.  

Taiwanese Americans make $45,084 per capita while other Chinese make $34,835.

The real question is how do US employers know how to discriminate against regular Chinese but not Taiwanese?  

On 7/22/2020 at 6:59 AM, jzk said:

Other evidence of systemic racism is that Ethiopian Americans have a per capita income in America of $43,103 while white people have a per capita income of $32,910.  Iranian Americans do even better at $43,173. 

This is to to Ethiopian and Iranian privilege that is widespread across the United States.  

Taiwanese Americans make $45,084 per capita while other Chinese make $34,835.

The real question is how do US employers know how to discriminate against regular Chinese but not Taiwanese?  

The real question is, can you work Ellen Degeneres into this, some how?

Also, I suggest you look up the definition of "systemic." You seem to be confusing it with "systematic" which is kind of understandable but you've shaken off all attempts to gently give you a clue.

- DSK

The Reich confuses anecdotes with actual social science . . 

which is overwhelmingly supportive of the systemic racism thesis. 

It's even more solid than climate change science, or the value of PPE for Corona (not the brewski kind) 

Oh wait, the Reich doesn't do that science either, do they?  

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

The real question is, can you work Ellen Degeneres into this, some how?

Also, I suggest you look up the definition of "systemic." You seem to be confusing it with "systematic" which is kind of understandable but you've shaken off all attempts to gently give you a clue.

- DSK

As usual, you aren't making a case for anything, nor is your post responsive in any way to my post.  Why did you reply at all?

5 hours ago, Sean said:

AE4C6BEA-6812-4CA4-9536-58FF6CF5D730.jpeg

we know that Legleitner did not threaten the general public in the manner that Lloyd did by robbing a public and family friendly restaurant during business hours. We know that Legleitner cooperated fully with the State Attorney and his testimony was needed to get convictions for the co-defendants. Although there may have been multiple parties involved in the robbery of the drug dealers in the Legleitner offense, there was only a single incident. This contrasts dramatically with the circumstances involving the two separate robberies committed by Lloyd and his co-defendant during their crime spree.

The rebuttal pointed out that, according to a Stuart Police Department arrest affidavit, Lloyd and his co-defendant Louissaint had caused a Pizza Hut employee to “fear for his life” before handing over $150 in cash, and that when the two men (along with another man who was driving them) were stopped, police found “two young children inside the vehicle … [who] were inside the vehicle during both armed robberies.” The children were aged two and five years old.

Whether the discrepancies between the cases of Legleitner and Lloyd amounted to “monumental factual differences,” as the 12th Judicial Circuit described them, is ultimately a matter of opinion, as is the question of whether those factual differences warranted such vastly different sentences.

However, it cannot be disputed that significant differences existed between the two cases which went beyond the race of the defendants, and in giving Legleitner a relatively lenient sentence, Judge Bauer followed the recommendations of both the defense attorney and the prosecutor, and he fulfilled his obligations by citing the reasons for that lighter sentence.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/legleitner-lloyd-florida-race-sentence/

On 7/22/2020 at 5:30 AM, mathystuff said:

I'm sure that causes you countless nights without sleep.

It’s what all the protesting is about.  Very serious stuff.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, Sean said:

AE4C6BEA-6812-4CA4-9536-58FF6CF5D730.jpeg

In Lloyd’s case involved multiple businesses Ending in a vehicle pursuit with police with a 2yo and 5yo in the vehicle.  That’s gonna get you many extra years. 

the white guy snitched on others and received reduced sentence.