Sign in to follow this  
Editor

what is it?

Don't like the white seams outside - that's cabin sole material.

Those fancy low stretch docklines should work well with that toe rail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RImike said:

New deck with the toe rail installed backwards?

Ha, I was thinking "something is off" but then focused on the deck and missed the issue.

I like the Rangers and Gary Mull designs generally speaking, but this restoration might lack some wisdom

Somewhere a former 

3 hours ago, RImike said:

Somewhere someone is slowly dying inside a bit. 

I like it, though. Not the toerail, but the flexiteek.

Either someone has Black Soo envy, or someone else needs to get better at presenting images on the web.

No matter which way that toerail is installed, it guarantees a lifetime supply of crew with legs gone numb from hiking.

4 hours ago, RImike said:

Holey rail works better installed that way - more defined edge to brace your foot against and it's much easier to bend that way as well.

The point being that Flexi-teak,  with the white 'seams' - isn't half-bad,  and if they had a production pattern and could re-deck you for,  say, a few hundo,  then that'd be neat,  if wood decks were your thing.

Heck,  you could probably make it look like that and do the foam stuff!

1 hour ago, 12 metre said:

Not all toerails have outboard rails.  For example, older C&C toerail has the rail inboard: https://southshoreyachts.com/shop/cc-old-style-toe-rail-aft/

C&C toerail.jpg

Your correct on that and that might be the the case in the OP, but the bow chocks will eat through a mooring line in no time. I don't care how much chafe sleeve is on it those leads to not appear to be kind on the line.

14 hours ago, Editor said:

what-is-it-7-19-201-1024x731.jpg

Trippy, no doubt.

Well, the ed usually leaves a clue in these "What is it?" threads.  So while bow on it certainly looks like a Ranger 33, I think it has to be something by William Tripp Jr - although I don't have a clue what Tripp design this could possibly be since it doesn't have the gun turret doghouse seen in many of his designs.

Too narrow in the bow to be a Tartan 30, maybe a Tartan 3000.  Spent a lot of time on the bow of a T-30.

With the right application of rum and squinting at the screen i kinda looks like portrait of evil Donald Duck.

An article on the Oday 27. The coachroof slope looks bigger and higher in this dirty boat pic. So I tend to agree it isn't an Oday 27. Some said definitely is an Oday 27? Here's the article. 

Oday27 Article.jpg

17 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

The point being that Flexi-teak,  with the white 'seams' - isn't half-bad,  and if they had a production pattern and could re-deck you for,  say, a few hundo,  then that'd be neat,  if wood decks were your thing.

Heck,  you could probably make it look like that and do the foam stuff!

I think it may actually be Esthec, pretty similar.. , but anyway, it’s a great material I have it on my boat in Med, 6 years, zero maintenance and looks like new.