Sign in to follow this  
BravoBravo

2020 Hurricane season

I’ll be doing a short delivery Gulf side of Florida casting off Thursday morning... 100nm +-

5EF4EAAA-F9F0-40A7-820B-6F6C0485B3A7.jpeg

I wouldn't trust you to deliver a pizza.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I wouldn't trust you to deliver a pizza.  

The only delivery you can afford is pizza... and that is if your mom orders

7 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

I’ll be doing a short delivery Gulf side of Florida casting off Thursday morning... 100nm +-

Could be sporty. 

21 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Towing your 13ft 1980 Boston Whaler 100 miles is considered is a sort delivery I guess.

20 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

The only delivery you can afford is pizza... and that is if your mom orders

Leave me out of this...

Next week is starting to look sporty along the Eastern Seaboard...

Gonna just skirt by the east coast as a cat 1.  Early bird to the season, hope this isn't a sign of what the rest of the season will have in store.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, Fakenews said:

Towing your 13ft 1980 Boston Whaler 100 miles is considered is a sort delivery I guess.

Maybe he'll remember to pull in the fenders this time.  They can bounce around a lot coming down I-75

What a disappointment. The wind, such as it was, didn't show up here until almost sundown. Instead of going tropical storm sailing, I wound up doing yard work all day. Sailflow is showing 6 with "gusts" to 8 at the moment. That's about twice what we had all week for the last Kids Sailing Camp of the summer this past week but less than half what it would take to start to motivate me to go sailing. Oh well, there's lots more unkempt yard out there...

On 7/29/2020 at 11:11 AM, Fakenews said:

Where's the black Sharpie extending the cone of shame..... Er..... Uncertainty, up to Alabama?

By the looks of it, could get a bit sporty out here in Sag Harbor. My boat is currently on the hard, which doesn’t make me feel better about it. I’ve had a boat blown over in a storm once already, not keen on a repeat performance. 

22 hours ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

What a disappointment. The wind, such as it was, didn't show up here until almost sundown. Instead of going tropical storm sailing, I wound up doing yard work all day. Sailflow is showing 6 with "gusts" to 8 at the moment. That's about twice what we had all week for the last Kids Sailing Camp of the summer this past week but less than half what it would take to start to motivate me to go sailing. Oh well, there's lots more unkempt yard out there...

Many say 'disappointment', I say we got lucky and should use Isaias as good practice prepping for when we have a cat 5 bearing down on us.  My facebook feed is filled with 'was that it??' and 'I prepped for days for this??'.  Almost makes me wish a big one would make landfall to shut those people up.....

1 hour ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Many say 'disappointment', I say we got lucky and should use Isaias as good practice prepping for when we have a cat 5 bearing down on us.  My facebook feed is filled with 'was that it??' and 'I prepped for days for this??'.  Almost makes me wish a big one would make landfall to shut those people up.....

Having prepped for a lot of duds, I know the frustration of doing and then undoing all that work. Having been hit by a couple of real ones, I'll still prep if there's a threat. There never was a threat on my side of the state from this one, just wind forecasts that looked like lots of fun and wound up being, well, overblown.

FIrst one I've been under, and back to a Cat 1 tonight. lots of rain, some periodic howling and gusts in the 30-50 kt range inshore. at Myrtle Beach SC

The NC coast is gonna get hit hard tonight by Isaias, who gained strength back to cat 1.  

117175572_3481193518566626_5127182010903544598_o.png