Sign in to follow this  
greasy al

The Australian Sailing and RQYS Kabuki Theatre Thread

Being a theatre in which disgruntled members, ex members and others with excrement on the liver may don exotic costume and engage in an arcane choreography intertwining Veiled  Allegations, suggestion of Inside Knowledge, and Delphic Prophecies of Doom And Unmitigated Failure, tantalising the audience with the prospect of a glimpse of the Sordid Inner Machinations by Faceless Men and the Karmic Justice that shall imminently be meted out to them, yet all the while remaining shrouded between the Shadow and the Mist such that once the ritual is complete the question remains unanswered and the viewer can only guess at whether the thing is real, or just a half remembered Dream.

Leave your facts at the door as the only currency in this theatre is suggestion, and the only rule is never, ever answer what was asked.

• Like 3

The owner of a  classic ex Fasnet winner certainly has asked many questions that aren’t being answered. 

Have some more Kool aid Al, your glass is looking half empty.

• Like 1

I’ll drink the Kool Aid if someone can clarify exactly what’s going on.

If I’ve interpreted it correctly Sir Joh has risen from the dead, is running for a board seat at RQYS and has been having an affair with Peter Beattie?

• Like 2

Al, that must be quite a crystal ball you have!

Any tips on the outcome of the US election

Date: 2020-08-01 No. Type

02 Protest by RC

Race Initiator

1 Race Committee

Respondent(s)

RQ0052 - Envy Scooters

2020 Club Marine Brisbane to Keppel Yacht Race Hearing Schedule

Schedule Location

Aug 01 18:30 Zoom
* PTL means Protest Time Limit

23 hours ago, greasy al said:

...the only currency in this theatre is suggestion...l

I'd suggest you use fewer capital letters.

1 hour ago, lydia said:

Al, that must be quite a crystal ball you have!

Any tips on the outcome of the US election

Date: 2020-08-01 No. Type

02 Protest by RC

Race Initiator

1 Race Committee

Respondent(s)

RQ0052 - Envy Scooters

2020 Club Marine Brisbane to Keppel Yacht Race Hearing Schedule

Schedule Location

Aug 01 18:30 Zoom
* PTL means Protest Time Limit

I don’t recall making any predictions and I could give a fuck about RC protests in a race I haven’t done for at least 10 years - the last time was with you I think.

Similarly I could give even less of a fuck about club or any other form of politics. I haven’t believed a word that’s come out of someone in a position of power’s mouth since I was 13 and that’s not about to change. But you and LB seem to take the position that there was some utopian time when club politics wasn’t venal, petty and self interested, which you, he and I know is simply not true. Always was, always will be, across the board for any type of club.

So fine, go full Quixote, knock yourself out, I‘ll lend you some jousting sticks if you want BUT:

1. don’t tell me I’m drinking the kool aid just because I disagree with you - and on that point I think it’s safe to say that Godwin’s Law applies equally to Kool Aid and Holocaust references alike by now ; and

2. If you’re going to make accusations then make them and be done, and stop with the secret squirrel insider knowledge shit.

Beef out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greasy al said:

I don’t recall making any predictions and I could give a fuck about RC protests in a race I haven’t done for at least 10 years - the last time was with you I think.

Similarly I could give even less of a fuck about club or any other form of politics. I haven’t believed a word that’s come out of someone in a position of power’s mouth since I was 13 and that’s not about to change. But you and LB seem to take the position that there was some utopian time when club politics wasn’t venal, petty and self interested, which you, he and I know is simply not true. Always was, always will be, across the board for any type of club.

So fine, go full Quixote, knock yourself out, I‘ll lend you some jousting sticks if you want BUT:

1. don’t tell me I’m drinking the kool aid just because I disagree with you - and on that point I think it’s safe to say that Godwin’s Law applies equally to Kool Aid and Holocaust references alike by now ; and

2. If you’re going to make accusations then make them and be done, and stop with the secret squirrel insider knowledge shit.

Beef out.

They're all shit-scared of defamation suits, that's why there's just a lot of in-your-end-o's and no substantive statements flying about the place.

100% agree about clubs having always been venal, petty and self interested, The big thing that separates stuff is, is it *your* guys the ones in power and exercising that venality & self-interest in your favour or - not.

FKT

From the NoR

5. AIS

Boats must be fitted with AIS with the ability to send and receive which shall be active in both modes at all times.

21 hours ago, greasy al said:

If you don’t want to Drink the Kool Aid try these. I think the idea is to jam them in the same place that your opinion came from.

FB17CFF5-4905-4CF5-A774-23B1DCD92D90.jpeg