Shortforbob

Stage 4 lock down-Victoria

Looks like we are headed this way sometime in the next few days.

So. Any advice from those who have been there?

What to stock up on? (i assume food stores and pharmacies will remain open)

Things to do?

How to not murder your kids or significant other.

Coping strategies.

Questions? 

Stationary bicycle and netflicks?

Toilet paper. Toilet paper. Paper towel, cut carefully gives you 3 rolls of toilet paper amd toilet paper....

• Like 1

offs, i've just finished the 28 pack i bought in march. No stationary bike, We'll just have to run up and down the stairs 10x per day.

With 4 cats and a dog..car boot full of litter and food.

I live alone.. just a couple days ago used up roll #6 since mid March. Toilet paper is overrated.. use linen napkins for kleenex.. washable.. 

good internet and access to my boats on my dock has helped a lot. get a big freezer and fill it up with meat and frozen veggies.. reducing trips to the store 

helps keep you safe.. I know nothing about the geography of where you are, but having water access has been a godsend

• Like 2

I see they've gone as far as a curfew from 8pm to 5am starting from tonight until at least 13 September.  Wow that's going to be hard, but unfortunately probably necessary given you're 3 weeks into Stage 3 and number of new cases daily been more than 500  3 times in the last week, including 671 in last 24 hours. 

All the best.

• Like 1

State of disaster declared from 6pm tonight. 

It could be worse. curfew from 8pm to 5am

We're still allowed to go out for a walk locally for an hour as long as it's only two people. Still allowed to buy food as long as were within 5 km of home..and it's only one person from the house per day.

Liam will probably not be able to work as a window cleaner going from house to house.

Our library will probably have to stop it's click and collect service, so I'll probably not be working either.

My biggest worry is my Mum, she's in a palliative care situation in a nursing home. To date they've been very generous in letting family visit under the circs.

Full PPE required of course and only one visitor a day. That will probably end now.

With the boys and their cats home, I've got plenty of company. 

French lessons to do on zoom. I haven't polished my furniture for years, got plenty of odd jobs I've been procrastinating (with the materials to hand) See how many different types of Dhal I can make with the 10 packets and 5 tins of lentils I've strangely managed to accumulate.

Books to download from borrowbox, music to listen to, cakes to make..hell, I even bought ten balls of wool and a crochet hook.

Pity those that live in small apartments or have to stop work and have no sick leave.

Hopefully they can access gov payments.

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Looks like we are headed this way sometime in the next few days.

What to stock up on? (i assume food stores and pharmacies will remain open)

Things to do?

How to not murder your kids or significant other.

Coping strategies.

Questions? 

WAIT!!!!  WHAT???  I thought AUS was perfect about stopping CV-19.  Just perfect.  Your gov't response was perfect and your people were sooooo much better than us stoopid yanks at doing the right thing.  How did this happen????

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Here's an obvious fact.

You are a cock jeff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

WAIT!!!!  WHAT???  I thought AUS was perfect about stopping CV-19.  Just perfect.  Your gov't response was perfect and your people were sooooo much better than us stoopid yanks at doing the right thing.  How did this happen????

Yeah, it sucks to have 3 stupid people in the State.

Bugger.  But Victorians are a bit different aren't they?

At least the leader declared a State of Emergency.  Unlike somewhere else we can think of.

3 minutes ago, astro said:

Bugger.  But Victorians are a bit different aren't they?

At least the leader declared a State of Emergency.  Unlike somewhere else we can think of.

State of Disaster in 6 minutes.

Means the gov can overide acts of Parliament. 

11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

State of Disaster in 6 minutes.

Means the gov can overide acts of Parliament. 

Good.  It's good they have brought out the big hammer.

5 minutes ago, astro said:

past time.

6 minutes ago, astro said:

Stopping the pot plant shoppers at Bunnings would be a start, since when has a pot plant been an essential purchase!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Stopping the pot plant shoppers at Bunnings would be a start, since when has a pot plant been an essential purchase!

heh..so why were you at Bunnings?

kodi on some form of tv box or computer .. addon suggestions can be found in lots of places

join warthunder .. its great to kill things when your pissed at something

patience .. dont try to do all the things you want to do in one day

savour the time to do them at your leisure

its not that much of a biggie .. unless you start to think it is

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

kodi on some form of tv box or computer .. addon suggestions can be found in lots of places

join warthunder .. its great to kill things when your pissed at something

patience .. dont try to do all the things you want to do in one day

savour the time to do them at your leisure

its not that much of a biggie .. unless you start to think it is

I may have to reactivate my Runescape account :D

My biggest problem is even less structure in my day. I can waste even more time here than I do now.

Motivation or lack of, is the biggie.

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I may have to reactivate my Runescape account

pretty sure that was shut down 6 months ago .. they sent me some sort of email for it

and warthunder uses detailed accurate renditions of the ships / planes / tanks you are using ... and nothing to mine fish or cook

mostly 1925 - 1945 but some either side of that

and dont worry a few of the better players are goyils

had to stop playing it to post this

roboracer is far better but it takes some ... to play it

5 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

pretty sure that was shut down 6 months ago .. they sent me some sort of email for it

and warthunder uses detailed accurate renditions of the ships / planes / tanks you are using ... and nothing to mine fish or cook

mostly 1925 - 1945 but some either side of that

Runescape's still around. I think I prefer slaughtering Imps, fishing and mining to blowing up tanks :)

15 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Motivation or lack of, is the biggie.

well your already half way to the right mindset

and try   http://roboracer.net/      then

beats the crap out of the morning crossword puzzle .. or chess

53 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

heh..so why were you at Bunnings?

Buying stuff for WORK

6 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Buying stuff for WORK

I wonder who will still be allowed to work.

My boy got a text, he's working tomorrow. I suppose window cleaning and gutters comes under building and construction? Hardly essential.

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I wonder who will still be allowed to work.

My boy got a text, he's working tomorrow. I suppose window cleaning and gutters comes under building and construction? Hardly essential.

I have been working since this all started... not sure if I will be after Wednesday

1 minute ago, Rushman said:

I have been working since this all started... not sure if I will be after Wednesday

Job keeper?

5 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Me too, I don't mind taking a six week break on half pay, (I've got 9 weeks accrued annual leave)but who knows how long this will go for? 

4 minutes ago, astro said:

Job keeper?

No Jobkeeper for council employees and Liam's only been working a month so no jobkeeper for him either.

hey ho..it had to be done.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Me too, I don't mind taking a six week break on half pay but who knows how long this will go for? 

Amazing announcement from the Financial Controller (she who must be obeyed) that we have been spending $1000 a month less since the virus arrived.

Who would have thought?

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Modern Powdered Full Cream Milk is amazing.  You should get some.

I am making yogurt with it too.

Amazing announcement from the Financial Controller (she who must be obeyed) that we have been spending $1000 a month less since the virus arrived.

Who would have thought?

I was saving, but I've got the boys here now. They pay board but I'm expecting gas, elec and water to be painful .

Levi's not 22 yet and is unemployed,and Liam may not have a job by wednesday.

I foresee a lot of lentils 

10 minutes ago, astro said:

Modern Powdered Full Cream Milk is amazing.  You should get some.

i started making home made chocolate dipped ice creams with it

you do get culinary creative

2 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

i started making home made chocolate dipped ice creams with it

you do get culinary creative

I bought a natural yogurt that I liked.  Put it in ice cube trays and froze it.  

One of the thirty cubes in a one litre yogurt maker with powdered milk ... beautiful shit!

Well curfew started ten minutes ago. 

Cars and trucks and trams still racing home about 50 per minute past my window on the world Balcony on main street.. 

Wonder what it will be like this time tomorrow.

just before lock down i brought some proper silicon ice cream mold from china .. used heavily during lockdown

powdered milk, milkshake flavouring and milkshake thickener mix in bullet

dip in melted chocolate and kremelta when removed from mold

I bought a natural yogurt that I liked.  Put it in ice cube trays and froze it.  

One of the thirty cubes in a one litre yogurt maker with powdered milk ... beautiful shit!

hippy :)

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Wonder what it will be like this time tomorrow.

quieter

Just now, phill_nz said:

quieter

hope so or I'll have sirens and tanks thundering through real time :D

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

hippy :)

Thanks!

You should see what else I grow.

1 hour ago, astro said:

Job keeper?

Maybe.. I filled out the form a couple of weeks ago.

9 hours ago, warbird said:

Stationary bicycle and netflicks?

Toilet paper. Toilet paper. Paper towel, cut carefully gives you 3 rolls of toilet paper amd toilet paper....

Only a fool uses paper towels for TP.  It's doesn't dissolve like TP, and will play havoc with your septic or city sewer system....

EDIT - Add a 30 dollar bidet attachment to the head, and never run out of TP again..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Maybe.. I filled out the form a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck.

What if anything has happened to those three Fools? 

15 minutes ago, Xlot said:

What’s going on in the other Aussie states?

Varies from state to state.

Smattering of cases in NSW and Qld..borders mostly locked between states.social distancing still a thing and restrictions on gatherings and numbers allowed in restarants and bars.some restricted movement in WA i think and everyone hates Victoria :(

total active cases across the country, about 6500 and 208 deaths

It doesn't take much for this thing to bust out.

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I don't think anyone said Oz was perfect, except you. Yesterday, all of Australia (25 million people) had about the same number of new cases as Arkansas (3 million) which had the 24th most in the US. The difference is that Australia, in this case Victoria is jumping on the problem before its get out-of-hand, or as some would say America-like. 

Generally your posts are at least somewhat intelligent if often misguided. This one was just dumb.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xlot said:

What’s going on in the other Aussie states?

Here in WA we're all baying blood for Clive Palmer. He's trying to open our border so he can fly in and out and not quarantine. He lost Scomo today so he's by himself.  We like our Covid-19 free status and freedom to "Wander out Yonder".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Smattering of cases in NSW and Qld..borders mostly locked between states.social distancing still a thing and restrictions on gatherings and numbers allowed in restarants and bars.some restricted movement in WA i think and everyone hates Victoria :(

You mean the only difference is Victoria (prefer Melbourne to Sydney, BTW :) ) relaxed restrictions first? Was wearing masks in public still required?

This does not augur well for the Oz-NZ bubble, though

• Like 1

We enjoy cooking/grilling/smoking (no.....not that kind) quite a bit. Haven’t done take out or dined in a restaurant since mid Feb......didn’t do that much anyway but with the time not pushing our days along its fun to experiment and improve our culinary “skills”........if we are allowed to loosely call them that. :D We would rather cook anyway. It’s fresh, less expensive (especially the cocktails before) and although we miss an occasional relaxing spurge at at a restaurant cooking for ourselves is much healthier as well.

• Like 2

I hope you do a better job with a lockdown than we tried half halfheartedly here in the US (at least where I live)

Socially we were not up to the challenge.

Turns out everyone, except for government workers, was "essential".  This pretty much ended the experiment.

Home improvement seems to be the way people were passing time around here during our version of lockdown.   Since you have your boys at home, think up some projects for the three of you to do.  Around here the hardware, gardening and lumber stores never closed - they were considered essential.

I am still in the process of cleaning up hoarded items from my mom passing away last year.  Have a look in your storage closets and ask yourself "who will clean this shit up if I get run over by a bus (or covid)".  Then clean that shit up and get rid of it.

In the evenings, watch some of the highly recommended series shows.  We really liked "The Expanse".  The Mandalorian is a waste of time.  We also finally made it through Game of Thrones.

Here, the key items that were sold out in the stores were toilet paper, stir fry sauces and frozen mixed vegetables (for stir frying).  Later on it was flour when the sourdough bread craze happened.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

In the evenings, watch some of the highly recommended series shows.  We really liked "The Expanse".  The Mandalorian is a waste of time.  We also finally made it through Game of Thrones.

"Expanse" is good, did #5 start yet? 

I enjoyed "Travellers" .

20 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

"Expanse" is good, did #5 start yet? 

I enjoyed "Travellers" .

#5 is supposed to be released around November.  Filming was done before covid and it is at the editing stage so it will likely be on time.   Looking forward to it!

Hated the ending on GOT btw, what a shit job by the writers.  If it was written as a high school creative writing project it would have received a poor grade - character development has to be believable.

5 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

#5 is supposed to be released around November.  Filming was done before covid and it is at the editing stage so it will likely be on time.   Looking forward to it!

Hated the ending on GOT btw, what a shit job by the writers.  If it was written as a high school creative writing project it would have received a poor grade - character development has to be believable.

end of GOT was too ummmm too errrrr.. Hollywood perfect I guess.. early seasons were so good. It was quite a letdown. I think the series would have been better served to end it before the last episode. 

• Like 1

sorry about the thread drift LOL

6 hours ago, Xlot said:

You mean the only difference is Victoria (prefer Melbourne to Sydney, BTW :) ) relaxed restrictions first? Was wearing masks in public still required?

This does not augur well for the Oz-NZ bubble, though

On the contrary, we kept our restrictions tighter and longer than most states .

Australia wasn't doing the mask in public thing, we'd got on quite well with just social distancing and hand sanitising and successfully brought it under control. no deaths for weeks and case numbers negligible and traceable 

All it took was our Premier naively using private security companies to guard those from overseas in hotel quarantine, those companies failing to give serious PPE training as per their contract, subcontracting to smaller companies that hired just about anyone.

A couple of those Security guards then bonking their "charges" then car pooling with their co workers who then went home to large families and attended family gatherings (restrictions had been somewhat eased for family gatherings and suchlike by then). A lot are casual workers in the age care sector and go to several different workplaces in a week.

Boom!

That's the popular information anyway, there's an official  inquiry being held.

All from just a couple of infected people.

Shows just how easily this thing can get away.

13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

If you want the real story just ask Randumb Astro. He is up with all the latest...

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Home improvement seems to be the way people were passing time around here during our version of lockdown.   Since you have your boys at home, think up some projects for the three of you to do.  Around here the hardware, gardening and lumber stores never closed - they were considered essential.

I am still in the process of cleaning up hoarded items from my mom passing away last year.  Have a look in your storage closets and ask yourself "who will clean this shit up if I get run over by a bus (or covid)".  Then clean that shit up and get rid of it.

Here, the key items that were sold out in the stores were toilet paper, stir fry sauces and frozen mixed vegetables (for stir frying).  Later on it was flour when the sourdough bread craze happened.

Yeah, I think our hardware will close this time. Fortunately I bought paint supplies  already anticipating this and have a "shed" (Cupboard under the stairs) full of brackets, screws, hinges and some timber. There's a lot of odd jobs need doing.

And I'll be teaching Levi to bake! The bickky supply needs constant renewal. 

I shall make them earn their keep. :) 

6 hours ago, Alhadder said:

Here in WA we're all baying blood for Clive Palmer. He's trying to open our border so he can fly in and out and not quarantine. He lost Scomo today so he's by himself.  We like our Covid-19 free status and freedom to "Wander out Yonder".

Clive Palmer thinks he's President in Waiting. Wanker.

13 hours ago, Mid said:

Here's an obvious fact.

You are a cock jeff

What, for pointing out to the 2nd biggest finger pointer in AUS regarding the US situation, that she's a fucking hypocrit?  Don't worry, you're only the 3rd biggest aussie prick here wrt to US finger pointing hypocrisy.  

I note that - like a coward - meli didn't post this in PA for fear that her hypocrisy and high and mightiness might be pointed out to her.  Gently of course.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

What, for pointing out to the 2nd biggest finger pointer in AUS regarding the US situation, that she's a fucking hypocrit?  Don't worry, you're only the 3rd biggest aussie prick here wrt to US finger pointing hypocrisy.  

I note that - like a coward - meli didn't post this in PA for fear that her hypocrisy and high and mightiness might be pointed out to her.  Gently of course.  :lol:

Fuck off Jeff, I posted it here because it's not Political.

Prolly should have gone in Corona A.

Since when have I ever been worried about being flamed ?:D

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Fuck off Jeff, I posted it here because it's not Political.

Prolly should have gone in Corona A.

Since when have I ever been worried about being flamed ?:D

What comes after Stage 4 ?

19 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

What comes after Stage 4 ?

After that is:  Stage 5:  Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” 

7 hours ago, Windward said:

I hope you do a better job with a lockdown than we tried half halfheartedly here in the US (at least where I live)

Socially we were not up to the challenge.

Turns out everyone, except for government workers, was "essential".  This pretty much ended the experiment.

We did a piss poor job. All levels of govt here with very few exceptions have been simply unwilling to stand up to the loud snivelers (as if wearing a mask for some months and not going to your bar was the end of the frigging world) who resisted any and all impositions on their “freedoms”. Cowards all of them for failing to steer the course and hold those who paid no attention accountable. I have never been so disappointed in my countrymen and government in my lifetime. 

9 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I have never been so disappointed in my countrymen and government in my lifetime. 

You must be quite young...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

On the contrary, we kept our restrictions tighter and longer than most states .

Australia wasn't doing the mask in public thing, we'd got on quite well with just social distancing and hand sanitising and successfully brought it under control. no deaths for weeks and case numbers negligible and traceable 

All it took was our Premier naively using private security companies to guard those from overseas in hotel quarantine, those companies failing to give serious PPE training as per their contract, subcontracting to smaller companies that hired just about anyone.

A couple of those Security guards then bonking their "charges" then car pooling with their co workers who then went home to large families and attended family gatherings (restrictions had been somewhat eased for family gatherings and suchlike by then). A lot are casual workers in the age care sector and go to several different workplaces in a week.

Boom!

All from just a couple of infected people.

Shows just how easily this thing can get away.

Let's not overlook the lying self-entitled twats who won't stay home for 2 weeks even after being specifically instructed to do so but still move about. Some 25% of those under home restrictions IIRC. And the border-jumpers.

I've got severe doubts that Victoria can bring this back under control now - the numbers are getting too high. I completely agree with the need for the stage 4 lockdown, it might not be sufficient now though.

It was obvious right from the start that the combination of a highly infectious virus with a long asymptomatic period was a recipe for large-scale undetected spread before people started getting sick. Once it really gets away, it's very difficult to get it under control again.

2 major-league fuckups are going to stand out - Ruby Princess in NSW and cheap-arse quarantine in Victoria. Those security companies that held the head contracts had better prepare themselves for a severe public reaming and should be banned from all future Govt contracts. And their directors & senior management deemed not to be fit & proper persons to own, manage or work in the industry so no phoenixing of the companies either.

I'm in & out of one of NSW's biggest hospital complexes a couple times a week ATM trying to get work done, mainly working from home. I can see the time coming when I simply won't be able to go in at all.

FKT

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

The Grand Final  :D

23 Best Afl marks images | Afl, Australian football, Australian rules

Which will not be held at the MCG.

Will either be Brisbane or Perth (sorry Meli but you did bring it up :P)

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

We did a piss poor job. All levels of govt here with very few exceptions have been simply unwilling to stand up to the loud snivelers (as if wearing a mask for some months and not going to your bar was the end of the frigging world) who resisted any and all impositions on their “freedoms”. Cowards all of them for failing to steer the course and hold those who paid no attention accountable. I have never been so disappointed in my countrymen and government in my lifetime. 

Hear hear!  Perfectly said!

1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

You must be quite young...

No just the opposite.....which says something in itself.

8 minutes ago, Point Break said:

No just the opposite.....which says something in itself.

Yes it does. 

What was that popping sound?

That was any chance of a Trans Tasman travel bubble getting off the ground before next year.

I guess we have a few horny security guards to thank for that.

Dickheads.

Bwahahaha....this is just so comical I just had to share it.

Clive Palmer is the laughing stock in WA today as it was revealed yesterday that he didn't even apply for a G2G Pass (Good to Go Pass) into WA back in April. The story is on the front page of The West today but since the online story is behind a paywall and no one else without a paywall seems to have run the story yet, despite local ABC Breakfast radio running the story,  there's no point linking to it.

Anyway the story is that Clive Palmer's pilot applied for an exemption and listed Clive as his next of kin as.....wait for it........his husband!!! Bwahahaha.

There was another application that listed Clive as his wife.  The State Emergency Office, which is the office responsible for the travel exemptions, thought the applications were a joke so rejected them. The story then goes that Clive was so peeved off that his application was rejected that he commenced legal action to overturn the WA border closure on Constitutional grounds.  Apparently the WA Attorney General only became aware of this information in the last few days and I suspect that's why the Federal Attorney-General Christian Porter, who happens to be a West Australian, decided to withdraw Commonwealth support from Clive Palmer's constitutional challenge.

But it doesn't end there....when you turn over the front page of The West there is a full colour 2 page letter from Palmer with his diatribe against the WA Government border policy...well I presume it was a diatribe coz I couldn't be bothered reading that shit.

YJCMTSU  :lol::lol::lol:

55 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

Clive Palmer is the laughing stock in WA today as it was revealed yesterday that he didn't even apply for a G2G Pass (Good to Go Pass) into WA back in April. The story is on the front page of The West today but since the online story is behind a paywall and no one else without a paywall seems to have run the story yet, despite local ABC Breakfast radio running the story,  there's no point linking to it.

Anyway the story is that Clive Palmer's pilot applied for an exemption and listed Clive as his next of kin as.....wait for it........his husband!!! Bwahahaha.

There was another application that listed Clive as his wife.  The State Emergency Office, which is the office responsible for the travel exemptions, thought the applications were a joke so rejected them. The story then goes that Clive was so peeved off that his application was rejected that he commenced legal action to overturn the WA border closure on Constitutional grounds.  Apparently the WA Attorney General only became aware of this information in the last few days and I suspect that's why the Federal Attorney-General Christian Porter, who happens to be a West Australian, decided to withdraw Commonwealth support from Clive Palmer's constitutional challenge.

But it doesn't end there....when you turn over the front page of The West there is a full colour 2 page letter from Palmer with his diatribe against the WA Government border policy...well I presume it was a diatribe coz I couldn't be bothered reading that shit.

clive is our donald.

only worse, hes from qld.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

We hated Victoria before COVID.

4 hours ago, Alhadder said:

PerthNow has posted a story on their website that includes a & News report. Link below

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/coronavirus/wa-premier-mark-mcgowan-says-billionaire-clive-palmer-wanted-to-enter-wa-to-promote-coronavirus-cure-ng-b881627900z

Have you blokes been paying attention to the shitshow going on over here in the states?  You would think every country in the world would learn from our mishandling of the situation on a grand scale. I suppose not.  I hope it doesn't get out of hand for you boys down there like it has here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Have you blokes been paying attention to the shitshow going on over here in the states?  You would think every country in the world would learn from our mishandling of the situation on a grand scale. I suppose not.  I hope it doesn't get out of hand for you boys down there like it has here.

It's only out of hand in Victoria.  NSW & Qld trying their best to keep it from getting out if hand. The rest of the country is fine, especially here in the west. Our only problem is trying to keep fat ugly egomaniacs like Clive Palmer out of the State. 

2 hours ago, Jkdubz808 said:

Ironic that the Donald got stuck into the state of Victoria on Twitter this morning.  Victoria's current death toll stands at around 130 and Australia's at something just over 200 in total. Trump conveniently neglected to mention that your USA daily death toll regularly exceeds 1000 and the total is somewhere frighteningly above 155,000 dead Americans. I'm in Victoria and glad to be here compared to what we are seeing where you are. Stay healthy mate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Point Break said:

With all due respect.... it is unimaginable that the virus only spreads by short lived airborne micro droplets directly inhaled or transferred from touching contaminated surfaces then touching eyes, nose, mouth..

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

With all due respect.... it is unimaginable that the virus only spreads by short lived airborne micro droplets directly inhaled or transferred from touching contaminated surfaces then touching eyes, nose, mouth..

Why is it hard to believe? Almost all if not all respiratory virus and many bacterial illnesses are spread exactly that way. Why would you think this one suddenly different?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Why is it hard to believe? Almost all if not all respiratory virus and many bacterial illnesses are spread exactly that way. Why would you think this one suddenly different?

True.. then masks along with hand washing are mostly symbolic. To be properly protected a complete protective body covering followed by a decontamination station before re entering home  is the only reasonable procedure 

DUPONT Level A (Training Purposes Only) Rear-Entry Encapsulated ...

3 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

True.. then masks along with hand washing are mostly symbolic. To be properly protected a complete protective body covering followed by a decontamination station before re entering home  is the only reasonable procedure 

Well.........if you are looking to be 100% then not even that will get it done but it would certainly significantly reduce your chances. But you are missing the point or being intentionally overly dramatic. The point is not to reduce transmission to zero. That’s not possible. The strategy is to reduce the transmission below an R of 1 to keep the virus from continuing to spread at a rate that will overwhelm our ability to care for those who are sick and reduce your chances of contracting the virus from community contact. The mask isn’t to protect you from others. It’s to protect others from you. That is because people who have the virus are infectious both before they know it or are one of those persons who will have a mild or no course. 

Come on.......you know these things. It’s not new information.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

DUPONT Level A (Training Purposes Only) Rear-Entry Encapsulated ...

I’ve worn one of those.........it’s hot in there........

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I’ve worn one of those.........it’s hot in there........

as have I.  Not a lot of fun when the ambient temps are high.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

as have I.  Not a lot of fun when the ambient temps are high.

Fixed it for you..............:lol: