Remodel

What is your Political Compass

image.png.ee058f3d96d9cade4668b1b9b309c9c4.png

I'm usually not that far libertarian on these tests but so be it for a Sunday morning :)  The weighting to the south seems a bit heavy.

Excellent! But uneasy about that Libertarian label. I think the Libertarian Party is a bunch of deluded fuckwits.

chart.png

Just now, El Boracho said:

Excellent! But uneasy about that Libertarian label. I think the Libertarian Party is a bunch deluded fuckwits. 

Individuality is often over run with deluded fuckwits :)

Like many of these it's what questions are asked and what answers are available.  I still belong to the group that wouldn't join any group that would have me as a member

chart?ec=-4.5&soc=-6.41

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Excellent! But uneasy about that Libertarian label. I think the Libertarian Party is a bunch of deluded fuckwits. 

Squeezing politics into two dimension is bound to lose a lot of information.

I recommend giving Esping-Andersens three worlds of welfare capitalism a read.

• Like 1

I’m fucking Gandhi.    The test shows one thing.   People are people.   Strip away the veneer of constructs and the hypocrisy of self interest, most of us are pretty similar.

CD93B03F-8DEF-4E50-842F-F9B41771EEF0.png

• Like 1

For some reason, I can' t get the plot to 'take' in the reply window

I dislike most of the wording of the questions, however, for the sake of discussion my result was slightly right, almost dead center; and slightly libertarian... about -2 on the up/down axis

- DSK

chart?ec=1.75&soc=-2.26

I hate bullshit questions designed for binary answers.  I hate morons who put absolutes in  a premise and then pretend that there are a range of answers.

For example

Abortion, when the woman’s life is not threatened, should always be illegal.

Why is ALWAYS in that question or any other?  You can agree with an absolute or disagree but giving people four options on something that you nail to a specific point is silly.

Good parents sometimes have to spank their children.

HAVE TO? 

People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce.

Wanna tell us which disabilities?

All people have their rights, but it is better for all of us that different sorts of people should keep to their own kind.

WTF do rights and social grouping have to do with each other?  What ignorant fuck could even come up with that statement?

Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries.

Do they have to be multinational?  WTF do they mean by exploiting plant genetic resources?  Why just developing countries?  Why just plants?  Don't all living things have some genetic resources?

Charity is better than social security as a means of helping the genuinely disadvantaged.

This is clearly one that doesn't mean the same thing in all the countries listed on the left side for languages.

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I hate bullshit questions designed for binary answers.  I have morons who put absolutes in  a premise and then pretend

SNIP

People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce.

Wanna tell us which disabilities?

:lol: “the degree of Nazi matters, damnit! I need You to know what level eugenics I believe in”

• Like 1

image.png.21892caac2d90707eb67d595d20a3014.png

Many questions were so loaded that no choice was really accurate. If a less yes/no answer was available for about 1/3 of the questions I'd be a lot closer to the centerline

20 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

chart?ec=1.75&soc=-2.26

I hate bullshit questions designed for binary answers.....

Yeah we already know you hate a lot of shit.

We also know already that you're dumb as a fuckin' post, the answers were in 4 gradations not "binary"

- DSK

42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

For some reason, I can' t get the plot to 'take' in the reply window

I dislike most of the wording of the questions, however, for the sake of discussion my result was slightly right, almost dead center; and slightly libertarian... about -2 on the up/down axis

- DSK

You’d be upper left corner 

26ED8FF1-D827-4387-AE08-32DFB3B1A754.png

Just now, BravoBravo said:
44 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Wrong as always

- DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Wrong as always

- DSK

Kinda like  when people have bad breath, some one else has to tell them 

5 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Kinda like  when people have bad breath, some one else has to tell them 

We've been telling you for years

- DSK

image.png.dd20dc48e7b7f25b02e1d60087119f74.png

That's pretty much the same place I end up every time I've done one of these.  No one believes me when I say I'm not far right. 

The questions, however, were utter BS, leading, biased and moralizing questions.  For instance:

Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries.  Some may be others may not be.  

In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded.  Who the fuck is going to answer agree to that???  It's an absolutist statement that only someone like Hitler would answer yes to.  

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.  This is actually THE worst of them all.  The fact is that it IS a significant advantage in terms of efficiency of a one party state to not have to get the consent of the people to make decisions.  It doesn't make it an overall better system, but it IS an advantage.  So if I answer Agree, does that make me an advocate of that one party system?  Probably for this survey, but I'm simply agreeing with the advantage aspect, not the one party system.  So the results are invalid.  

Just saying.

image.png.41453bc92950b8cc557a7bf96bfa8b62.png

Right about where I usually land, not surprise.

As usual, half the questions are bullshit.

16 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.  This is actually THE worst of them all.  The fact is that it IS a significant advantage in terms of efficiency of a one party state to not have to get the consent of the people to make decisions.  It doesn't make it an overall better system, but it IS an advantage.  So if I answer Agree, does that make me an advocate of that one party system?  Probably for this survey, but I'm simply agreeing with the advantage aspect, not the one party system.  So the results are invalid.  

Just saying.

Yes, you are just saying you think one party states actually are efficient, Despite voluminous evidence to the contrary. they are using it to calculate your political approval of authoritarianism.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

I hate bullshit questions designed for binary answers.  I hate morons who put absolutes in  a premise and then pretend that there are a range of answers. ... etc.

All the hate in your post should have put you deep into the blue.

Anyone who places near the center should examine their life. Living near zero. Interesting that the trolls are near the center. Their position changes from moment to moment to keep the shitfights going.

15 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Yes, you are just saying you think one party states actually are efficient, Despite voluminous evidence to the contrary. they are using it to calculate your political approval of authoritarianism.

I never said the entire system is efficient.  I said that it is a fact that it is a significant "advantage" that they can avoid all the arguments in a democracy to make timely decisions.  I can both disapprove of their overall system while recognizing their ability to get things done in less time that it takes a cumbersome system like ours to do anything.  

Bless your binary, simple heart.

44 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

No one believes me when I say I'm not far right. 

I do, and always have.  It's very easy to tell the difference between extremism and ignorance.  You are a good guy who doesn't realize where he is on the curve.

So the Compass ID's most of you as left libertarians - 

another term for which is social anarchists. 

I'm not buying it  . . 

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
46 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

No one believes me when I say I'm not far right. 

I do, and always have.  It's very easy to tell the difference between extremism and ignorance.  You are a good guy who doesn't realize where he is on the curve.

What are your hourly rates on psychoanalysis?  Whatever it is, you're overcharging.  

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

I'm not buying it  . . 

Where are you on the scale?  And I agree, that it's unlikely that we would all be in the lower left.  But as I said, the questions were so poorly worded, that there was really no other way to answer them unless you were a true sociopath.

I've seen similar ones using the same scale but the questions were far better couched to elicit more accurate answers.

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

What are your hourly rates on psychoanalysis?  Whatever it is, you're overcharging.  

I am commenting on a lack of education, not mental acuity or pathology.  It's pretty obvious which part of the D-K curve you have staked as your own. I can see where you will end up once you button down and get some more schooling and maturity away from the stultifying nature of your military past, you will be a good member of what will hopefully be a better society by that time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Where are you on the scale? 

I really am a social anarchist. 

27 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I never said the entire system is efficient.  I said that it is a fact that it is a significant "advantage" that they can avoid all the arguments in a democracy to make timely decisions.  I can both disapprove of their overall system while recognizing their ability to get things done in less time that it takes a cumbersome system like ours to do anything.  

I’m stating the historical truth that they, on aggregate, can’t actually get shit done and make timely decisions you smug DK dumb motherfucker. It’s the belief that Mussolini made the trains run on time vs the reality that no, no he didn’t.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I am commenting on a lack of education, not mental acuity or pathology.  It's pretty obvious which part of the D-K curve you have staked as your own. I can see where you will end up once you button down and get some more schooling and maturity away from the stultifying nature of your military past, you will be a good member of what will hopefully be a better society by that time.

Ah, the time tested ad hominem of not enough or the right skooling.  You should actually try that on someone who hasn't finished school or went to lower end schools like your Dearborn Community College alma mater.  NTTAWWT.  But all you do with that worn out schtick is highlight your misplaced elitism and hubris.  

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I’m stating the historical truth that they, on aggregate, can’t actually get shit done and make timely decisions you smug DK dumb motherfucker.

China seems to be quite efficient at decision making.  

• Like 1

I am always curious how they weigh responses.

Say there is an abortion clinic in a Midwestern town.  I believe in abortion rights so i believe the government should arrest and disperse protestors.  I don't believe in abortion rights so I believe the government should close down to the clinic.

To me, those are both 'authoritarian' responses - i.e., " favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom."  Its just degree.  They would both be north of the line.  There might be an argument that closing the clinic is MORE north but now we're just negotiating price, to mix metaphors.

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

We can be friends up to the revolution.

9 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

That would explain a lot.

Just now, Burning Man said:

That would explain a lot. (My social anarchism) 

Well, a year in the Nam did that to a lot of us.  

Do you know anything at all about it ? I could suggest some readings .  

Right now I'm working on a pretty good book The CNT and the Spanish Civil War

11 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Ah, the time tested ad hominem of not enough or the right skooling.  You should actually try that on someone who hasn't finished school or went to lower end schools like your Dearborn Community College alma mater.  NTTAWWT.  But all you do with that worn out schtick is highlight your misplaced elitism and hubris.  

You know what dummies call education? Elitism. 

You know who fascists depend on for their power? Dummies.

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You know what dummies call education? Elitism. 

Maybe.  But but your elitism is definitely showing when you know that my education is not the issue here.  I'll compare diplomas to you all day long.  You are simply attempting (poorly) to discredit anything I say because it's the result of poor education when you know that is not the case.  It's a lame excuse for being intellectually lazy because you can't be bothered to argue on the contents of what I state.  

The funny thing is at no point are you saying I'm wrong about anything here in this thread.  I suspect that we are in violent agreement on most things here.  You just for someone reason have decided to become my stalker and have taken the contrarian position no matter what.  Are you simply bored at home or work and need a foil to joust against???  I guess if I fulfill your life and fill in those emotional holes for you, then please continue.  Or call the suicide hotline.  Do something.  But frankly this stalking is a bit sad and more than a bit CREE PEE.  

Jeff:  Hey Alan, isn't that blue water off the bow really amazing?

Clean:  Fuck you!  The water is clearly yellow.  What fucking idiot ignorant uneducated fuckwit can't see that it's yellow.  Your elementary teachers who taught you the color wheel should be beaten and ass raped with a broomstick.  CUNT!

Jeff:  Ummmmm, OK.  (goes back to his rum drink up on the foredeck).

5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Maybe.  But but your elitism is definitely showing when you know that my education is not the issue here.  I'll compare diplomas to you all day long.  You are simply attempting (poorly) to discredit anything I say because it's the result of poor education when you know that is not the case.  It's a lame excuse for being intellectually lazy because you can't be bothered to argue on the contents of what I state.  

The funny thing is at no point are you saying I'm wrong about anything here in this thread.  I suspect that we are in violent agreement on most things here.  You just for someone reason have decided to become my stalker and have taken the contrarian position no matter what.  Are you simply bored at home or work and need a foil to joust against???  I guess if I fulfill your life and fill in those emotional holes for you, then please continue.  Or call the suicide hotline.  Do something.  But frankly this stalking is a bit sad and more than a bit CREE PEE.  

Jeff:  Hey Alan, isn't that blue water off the bow really amazing?

Clean:  Fuck you!  The water is clearly yellow.  What fucking idiot ignorant uneducated fuckwit can't see that it's yellow.  Your elementary teachers who taught you the color wheel should be beaten and ass raped with a broomstick.  CUNT!

Jeff:  Ummmmm, OK.  (goes back to his rum drink up on the foredeck).

your comment on attempted murder in the other thread is a good example of why I do not debate you on substantive issues.   I have simply never seen you show any mastery of any issue that doesn't involve aviation.  I know you are a compassionate person with a moral barometer.

But I also know what OCS, military indoctrination, and the kind of compartmentalized life you led for so long does to human development, and I realize it will take a few years completely outside of that world before you become a valuable member of this society.

9 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

CREE PEE. 

what's that mean?

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

your comment on attempted murder in the other thread is a good example of why I do not debate you on substantive issues

Jesus, you're not only gullible - but your humor gene was removed.

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

CREE PEE. 

what's that mean?

And you're calling ME uneducated and ignorant????

35 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

:lol: :lol: that’s hilarious, and shows your ignorance of China. China shows the usual problems of an authoritarian uniparty state - leaders don’t have good information. Compare PRC covid response to Taiwan covid response.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
29 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

:lol: :lol: that’s hilarious. 

It is quite hilarious that you think otherwise.  Please tell me.... what decisions and policies are they dithering on implementing for YEARs because they can't get a consensus from their people?  

FD3B92FC-EBDF-46ED-B74F-0C32D28101F5.png.568e16d9ad6e08c678b142fa26bed581.png

40 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Except for when they do stuff like put formaldehyde in baby formula

- DSK

22 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Jesus, you're not only gullible - but your humor gene was removed.

mmhhmmm. "I was making a joke, not being a retard"

where have i heard that before?

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
46 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Except for when they do stuff like put formaldehyde in baby formula

No one said it was all "good" decision making.  Just that it was more efficient and timely to get things done.

And the baby formula thing - that was what..... 20-30 years ago???  Got any more recent, much less relevant examples?  Are you joining jublets in saying the chinese are not efficient in making decisions wrt to their economy or their society?  Did they put the HK thing to a vote or did they just do it?  Did they get a popular mandate to take over SCS islands, or did they just do it?  I would say that was ruthless efficiency.  

image.png.e508642a0d7966e8a1a5c96253866228.png

I am in the same quadrant as most people here. The fact that Dog and Sore Ass are the two people closest to the middle of the graph indicates that the analysis is deeply flawed.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

No one said it was all "good" decision making.  Just that it was more efficient and timely to get things done.

And that was what..... 20-30 years ago???  Are you joining jublets in saying the chinese are not efficient in making decisions wrt to their economy or their society?  Did they put the HK thing to a vote or did they just do it?  I would say that was ruthless efficiency.  

And it's the "ruthless" part that appeals so much to you and your elk. Makes me wonder why the current maladministration is so heavily invested in demonizing the ChiComms.

If you make a decision that fucks things up and leaves you much worse off, that's not "efficient" decision making.

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

And the baby formula thing - that was what..... 20-30 years ago???  Got any more relevant examples?  Are you joining jublets in saying the chinese are not efficient in making decisions wrt to their economy or their society?  Did they put the HK thing to a vote or did they just do it?  Did they get a popular mandate to take over SCS islands, or did they just do it?  I would say that was ruthless efficiency.  

The baby formula scandal was not the Chinese government making bad decisions. It was some guys trying to make a quick buck (or yuan). They were dealt with very harshly by the government, you might say with extreme prejudice.

Just now, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The baby formula scandal was not the Chinese government making bad decisions. It was some guys trying to make a quick buck (or yuan). They were dealt with very harshly by the government, you might say with extreme prejudice.

There's some more of that "inefficient" decision making jubsey and stemers is talking about.

3 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

image.png.e508642a0d7966e8a1a5c96253866228.png

I am in the same quadrant as most people here. The fact that Dog and Sore Ass are the two people closest to the middle of the graph indicates that the analysis is deeply flawed.

It just looks that way from out on the left wing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Some of the questions seem to be outdated by decades. I.e. you'd have to be a literal nazi by todays standards to still support forced sterelizations of disabled people.

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

And that was what..... 20-30 years ago???  Are you joining jublets in saying the chinese are not efficient in making decisions wrt to their economy or their society?  Did they put the HK thing to a vote or did they just do it?  I would say that was ruthless efficiency.  

And it's the "ruthless" part that appeals so much to you and your elk. Makes me wonder why the current maladministration is so heavily invested in demonizing the ChiComms.

If you make a decision that fucks things up and leaves you much worse off, that's not "efficient" decision making.

And yet, I've said EXACTLY the opposite of "it appeals to me".  Why do you feel the need to constantly lie?  

And so far, those two decisions (HK and the SCS) have not fucked things up for the Jhynese.  Not yet anyway.  I would say so far it's worked well for them.  Another aspect of an efficient 1-party system is they don't have any internal criticism to deal with and they have successfully told the rest of the world to fuck off and did it anyway.  Sounds pretty damn efficient to me.  

chart.png.1c5d39849ee2163f6c3beea4cfb5785a.png

And to those with Qs like these....

2 hours ago, Saorsa said:

I hate bullshit questions designed for binary answers.  I hate morons who put absolutes in  a premise and then pretend that there are a range of answers...

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

...The questions, however, were utter BS, leading, biased and moralizing questions...

Did you read the preamble?

"Before taking the test: Please note that this isn’t a survey, and these aren’t questions. They’re propositions. To question the logic of individual ones that irritate you is to miss the point. Some propositions are extreme, and some are moderate. That’s how we can show you whether you lean towards extremism or moderation on the Compass. Your responses should not be overthought. Some of them are intentionally vague. Their purpose is to trigger reactions in the mind, measuring feelings and prejudices rather than detailed opinions on policy."

If we knew the algorithm they are using we could discuss the demerits but as of now you just have to have "faith" that instead of just collecting data they are actually giving you a real analysis.

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

There's some more of that "inefficient" decision making jubsey and stemers is talking about.

It’s so efficient the Chinese navy buys baby formula in Australia....... 11 years later https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122681/Chinese-sailors-packed-ships-baby-formula-bringing-home-families.html

so “food safety”. 

I do hate labels, !

but just for putting into a box

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.82

personalised chart

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It’s an advantage and a disadvantage.   In an emergency you need a leader and chain of command to respond quickly.   The debate over face masks and whether gun stores are essential was inefficient, wasting time.    China beat the virus despite having no warning, by quick decisive action.  If the leader makes bad decisions the outcome is equally bad.   The path to the bad outcome can be swift and efficient though.   

2 hours ago, El Boracho said:

All the hate in your post should have put you deep into the blue.

He's partisan AF, but... I've never seen him cheat, or buy into really shoddy logic.  I took his statement at face value.  No reason to doubt him on it.  

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'm not buying it  . . 

I'm a bit surprised, as well.  Not about my score, about so many others being in this quadrant.

I suspect the designers have a different notion of where "0" is, than we do; witness their use of the exclusively RW term "libertarian", to describe the end of that axis that leftists call "anarchist".  A neutral centrist designer would have named that pole "libertarian/anarchist". 

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

1. FWIW  -  I see you pretty much like Clean's "diagnosis" .  Your heart's in the right place, but your brain's got a lot of garbage in it.  OTOH you're smart, and intellectually honest, so that'll change.  You'll be reality-based eventually.
  2. I barely graduated highschool, passed by the skin of my teeth, and I dropped out of college w/o a degree.  Am I being arrogant to think I'm proof "Education" and "schooling" are not synonyms?

• Like 1

Living in Dearborn, I assure you that such a beast does not and never did exist.  I have two degrees from the  University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), go ahead, poke fun at my 2nd rate education.  

• Like 1

Those questions could use some refinement.  Some left a lot of room for interpretation.

Screenshot_20200802-155041_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f15e5164c67d1db041816d49e0ab44c.jpg

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Living in Dearborn, I assure you that such a beast does not and never did exist.  I have two degrees from the  University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), go ahead, poke fun at my 2nd rate education.  

That's OK for that school up north...

37 minutes ago, Lark said:

It’s an advantage and a disadvantage.   In an emergency you need a leader and chain of command to respond quickly.   The debate over face masks and whether gun stores are essential was inefficient, wasting time.    China beat the virus despite having no warning, by quick decisive action.  If the leader makes bad decisions the outcome is equally bad.   The path to the bad outcome can be swift and efficient though.   

China did have a warning and wasted weeks because the interests of the lower elements were aligned with suppressing knowledge of, and therefore treatment of, covid19. Once it became clear that was a failure, they were able to mobilize lots of resources because they are a reasonably efficient & well run 1 party state.

democracy like capitalism is about communication of information.

15 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Careful. Jeff is known for his ability to count to two.

24 minutes ago, frenchie said:
  • FWIW  -  I see you pretty much like Clean's "diagnosis" .  Your heart's in the right place, but your brain's got a lot of garbage in it.  OTOH you're smart, and intellectually honest, so that'll change.  You'll be reality-based eventually.
  • I barely graduated highschool, passed by the skin of my teeth, and I dropped out of college w/o a degree.  Am I being arrogant to think I'm proof "Education" and "schooling" are not synonyms?

1st - You're more than welcome to your opinion about whatever is in my brain.  I am curious though about what you think the "garbage" is?  Is it because I don't agree with you on certain political things?  Do I speak in gibberish or hold crazy insane notions or ideas?  What exactly is it you think is garbage?

2nd -you'll have to take this issue up with Clean.  I'm not the one equating "schooling with education".  He is.  He continually attempts to make digs at whatever he thinks my education is as an excuse for whatever opinions he disagrees with.  I have always firmly been in the camp that the name of the school and the numbers of degrees you have != intelligence.  Some of the smartest people I've known have had minimal education.  However, that is exactly his line of attack on me.  As I said, not only is it wrong, but it's pure intellectual laziness.  And it's pure elitism on his part.  Clean only happens to not attack you for your lack of schooling because he sees you as part of his elk herd, so it's OK.  But I'm betting he still sneers down his nose at you in private.  Just saying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

because they (china) are a reasonably efficient & well run 1 party state.

Can the recording secretary please note the date and time for the official record that angry boi not only actually agreed with me, but contradicted himself in less than 10 posts.  The irony is, as gaytor would say "Delicious".  :lol:

14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Can the recording secretary please note the date and time for the official record that angry boi not only actually agreed with me, but contradicted himself in less than 10 posts.  The irony is, as gaytor would say "Delicious".  :lol:

Democracies kicked chinas ass dude. Well run ones did, that aren’t populated with entitled imbeciles who’s “careers“ rest on cliche.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Democracies kicked chinas ass dude. Well run ones did, that aren’t populated with entitled imbeciles who’s “careers“ rest tax payers 

38 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

1st - You're more than welcome to your opinion about whatever is in my brain.  I am curious though about what you think the "garbage" is?  Is it because I don't agree with you on certain political things?  Do I speak in gibberish or hold crazy insane notions or ideas?  What exactly is it you think is garbage?

Racial stuff, mostly.  You have this weird selective blindness on some issues.

38 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

2nd -you'll have to take this issue up with Clean.  I'm not the one equating "schooling with education".  He is.  He continually attempts to make digs at whatever he thinks my education is as an excuse for whatever opinions he disagrees with.  I have always firmly been in the camp that the name of the school and the numbers of degrees you have != intelligence.  Some of the smartest people I've known have had minimal education.  However, that is exactly his line of attack on me.  As I said, not only is it wrong, but it's pure intellectual laziness.  And it's pure elitism on his part.  Clean only happens to not attack you for your lack of schooling because he sees you as part of his elk herd, so it's OK.  But I'm betting he still sneers down his nose at you in private.  Just saying.

I didn't know there was a history.

14 minutes ago, frenchie said:

I didn't know there was a history. 

Well, @Burning Man isn't wrong. You can be a bit of an arrogant prick. Remember our first talk?

Edit: Scratch that. He was talking about Clean. I'm getting tired.

7 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Racial stuff, mostly.  You have this weird selective blindness on some issues.

OK, can you be more specific?

55 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

The fact you think school has anything to do with this discussion is odd.  Your problem is the 20 years of purposeful stunting you were subjected to for the good of your country's air force.  It was a necessary evil at the time, and we all appreciate the sacrifices you had to make.

• Like 1

@Burning Man   I'm not the one equating "schooling with education". 

Well, if skoolin' is the same as education . . 

then you should all bow down to me. (I studied up to the 23rd grade) 

But, social anarchist that I am, 

that would make me pretty uncomfortable. 

(Also read Orwell's Homage to Catalonia - about the time he spent living in Barcelona when the anarchists ran it. 

Used to use it in my classes. And you can also see the genesis there of Orwell's intense dislike of the Commies.) 

11 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

@Burning Man   I'm not the one equating "schooling with education". 

Well, if skoolin' is the same as education . . 

then you should all bow down to me. (I studied up to the 23rd grade) 

But, social anarchist that I am, 

that would make me pretty uncomfortable. 

(Also read Orwell's Homage to Catalonia - about the time he spent living in Barcelona when the anarchists ran it. 

Used to use it in my classes. And you can also see the genesis there of Orwell's intense dislike of the Commies.) 

That's pretty funny AJ.

Social Anarchists? 

Whatever that is, I doubt they's brag about theres educational achievements and then say their uncomfortable with it.

Sosial Nihilist that I am :D 

You think you can dissect me with this blunt little tool? 

5 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

26ED8FF1-D827-4387-AE08-32DFB3B1A754.png

Up in the big government corner with Hitler.

Be proud of that.