Sign in to follow this  
jackolantern

Tropical Storm Isaias

How’d everyone on the east coast fare? Carnage photos? It’s getting sunny and light out there here in CT. 

Weird...Just a bunch of breeze in Narragansett Bay and about a 45 minute period where it went to hell. My folks are on Block in New Harbor and said they got a bunch of wind but that’s all. It’s been sunny out there since 3:30 or so. 

A little electrical fun early afternoon here in NJ. 

FB_IMG_1596582022952.jpg

From NC: Storm cleared to the north early this morning. Went sailing today. Glorious.

Got a text from my daughter in Limerick  ,Penn. as she hid in the basement as a thunderstorm passed over head with a twister in it at the same time the as Isaias passed through. tstorm was a dud.

30 sustained for a bit in Boston. Definitely some gusts into the low 40's. We had a squall come through in the middle of it that was probably the highest windspeeds. That was around 5pm and then it started getting lighter from there.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, ROADKILL666 said:

Not a thing here in Jacksonville.

Hey we got some tasty waves!

On 8/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, jackolantern said:

How’d everyone on the east coast fare? Carnage photos? It’s getting sunny and light out there here in CT. 

Peak wind about 75 knots here. TONS of flooding on Kent Island, I was trapped for part of the day because the street was too deep for my cars. Lots of tree branches all over and some trees down. No major damage that I know of on the island, the flooding was all rain, not salt water like Isabel. I had my genoa and canvas off the boat and had no issues.

My dogs loved having the entire yard as a swimming pool :D

All OK here, some places had power out or most of the day. Storm surge less than 3 ft, as predicted, winds 60~70 as predicted, no real damage just a lot of clean-up.

I know of places in New England that have power out and expected to be out ... roads blocked by down trees... for a couple of days.

FB- Doug

11 hours ago, Murphness said:

30 sustained for a bit in Boston. Definitely some gusts into the low 40's. We had a squall come through in the middle of it that was probably the highest windspeeds. That was around 5pm and then it started getting lighter from there.

that's the one that broke G dock, but to be fair, G dock breaks a lot.

I had to hide out in the Holiday Harbor marina laundry/bath facility while a tornado hit just north and to the west between me and the Catalina I had been aboard removing the canvas. It touched down right at the other side of the fenced in storage area. 

Trash cans and other debris were flying up into the sky and the door to the laundry was ripped open. 

Electrical crew from Ohio drove in to help set new poles and lines, they said everything above 30 feet was clipped off in a straight line.

The pic of the Mainship 40’ at our club. 

9502C1B4-C7FD-4213-9BA7-3068ABAB110E.jpeg

A4BB617C-4BB9-4F18-984D-58397ECE4DC5.jpeg

5E6A7145-680D-4488-BA22-1C9094B78203.jpeg