Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Masks - "WHAT an INCONVENIENCE!"

A 40-something couple walks into a store holding masks.  The 60-scomething saleslady is wearing a mask, as are all the other sales people. 

The wife asks the saleslady with the mask,  "Do we have to put these things on?"

The saleslady says, "We wear masks to protect you."

The wife looks at her husband and says with much relief, "Honey, we don't have to wear masks."

The husband says, "Oh, thank god.  These masks are so hot."

Time to bring back segregation - all facilities equal but separate.  Then there will be no need to mask how we feel.

I'm trying to figure how the wife could hear "We wear masks to protect you" and translate that as "No need for us to wear a mask". 

This is the issue: people will not wear masks because masks are mostly worn to protect others, not the mask wearer. It is 90-something % about containing the droplets coming out of your mouth so you don't infect others (and a bit to keep air out of your system, but that is not the main point of masks). This is why the seat belt comparison is a poor one: seat belts are there to protect you, not to protect others (chances someone is hit by your body flying out of the window are pretty slim).

Thus the couple is protected and they don't give a shite about protecting the workers in the store. It is not even coming up in their mind that they have a responsibility towards others. 

• Like 1

The masks are like 3rd party insurance. We don’t care if you wreck your car. Don’t you be wrecking mine without paying for it. 

12 hours ago, Jules said:

I'm trying to figure how the wife could hear "We wear masks to protect you" and translate that as "No need for us to wear a mask". 

It's just like a car crash that four different people witnessed, they will all have interpreted what that saw differently....

And some people are simply, just stupid.

13 hours ago, Jules said:

For the same reason, as Charles Pierce says, in ‘Idiot America’, “as the moment in the hangover in which you discover that your keys are in your hat, the cat is in the sink, and you attempted late the previous night to make stew out of a pot holder.”

Masks are proven to restrict the spread of a virus via the infected party. Here is a nice little video demonstration for entertainment. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Amati said:

For the same reason, as Charles Pierce says, in ‘Idiot America’, “as the moment in the hangover in which you discover that your keys are in your hat, the cat is in the sink, and you attempted late the previous night to make stew out of a pot holder.”

I'm thinking it was more like, "Oh, she wears a mask to protect us so we're fine," without any thought about their obligation to protect her. 

Maybe their Benz GT convertible was faster than the virus.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I'm thinking it was more like, "Oh, she wears a mask to protect us so we're fine," without any thought about their obligation to protect her. 

Maybe their Benz GT convertible was faster than the virus.

Actually, it’s the Benz’s with the stinky AC’s that protect against COVID.  Something about protective mold, like penicillin.  But you have to keep that hard top convertible up to enjoy full protection.  Oddly enough, if you wear an N99 sealed mask while inside a stinky Benz Cabin to block the smell, you will get sick.  Defeating the safety systems will keep you safe in a collision too!  Donald Trump told my brother this in a dream! :) ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Masks are proven to restrict the spread of a virus via the infected party. Here is a nice little video demonstration for entertainment. 

That was fucking brilliant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amati said:

That was fucking brilliant

A rare case of being both hilarious and educative. I think he himself was also surprised at hoe effective the mask remained up to a very close distance.

But, you know, don't let it impede with your "freedom"

• Like 2

Okay, once again, let's try to put this in terms maybe they can understand...masked.png.fbbf37ff32813c75e3b1b01656a0a14d.png

Gosh, it not rocket surgery. Just look beyond yourself for a moment.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 12:38 AM, Jules said:

Privilege?

2 hours ago, Varan said:

Okay, once again, let's try to put this in terms maybe they can understand...masked.png.fbbf37ff32813c75e3b1b01656a0a14d.png

Gosh, it not rocket surgery. Just look beyond yourself for a moment.

:o  that violates the unwritten law!  Not that some people :lol: need a written law. That they need to read.  Clean might have something to say about this.....

On 8/11/2020 at 7:38 AM, Jules said:

They like them!  They really like them!  Everybody is protecting them!  Real love is like that!  

• Like 1