Burning Man

Kamala Harris is the VP pick.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Can you provide a cite?  I've honestly never heard of any of those in any city I've ever lived or visited.  It's always Chinatown.  Many even have signs that say "Wercome to Chinatown".  :P

It’s common and well known. Just because you don’t get out of Vegas doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Travel more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Can you provide a cite?  I've honestly never heard of any of those in any city I've ever lived or visited.  

wow you really do not know your own country at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Not sure what your fat fuck governor has to do with Biden and the death and destruction in Iraq. But if you insist. When Trump knew of the dangers of the virus back in February, do you think he completely briefed the governors, yours and others, of the danger? Was Trump's coordination with the state and local authorities in keeping with your expectation? Or is it just all the governor's fault?

I assume you're speaking to the Trump supports and other lunatics that refuse to heed any reasonable warnings and continue to put themselves at risk, as well as everyone else. I am outraged. They should be forced to dig the graves of the Covid victims.

this is a quote from one of your responses..
“However
, the 200K and counting US lives really are the direct result of trump's poor decisions.  “

you are the one who brought up the Trump/Covid bullshite 

I’m sorry but you are beyond stupid and not worth engaging anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Because it’s a fuck-ton MORE complex than you make it should. Why do you do that? Can’t hold more than one fact in your mind at a time?

these guys aren’t known for in-depth reporting yet they crush you. Racial, health, income, location all matter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3004136001

Of course it's complex.  But it also has nothing to do with the color of your skin.  If you are poor, unhealthy and have little access to healthcare - you're going to have a higher chance of dying than those who are not in those conditions.  And there's a fuck-ton of white poor folk who have and are dying from COVID because they were poor, unhealthy and have little access to health care.

I read your article and I agree with most of its premises.  But they attempt to equate race itself as a contributing factor and that is simply wrong.  It is the economic and health factors that affect whites, blacks and hispanics in those conditions equally.  Where I take offense to this is that "race" is being used as a lazy substitute for class and socioeconomic privilege.  If middle and upper class blacks and hispanics were dying at higher rates than their white peers - then we might have something to talk about.  But they are not.  So it has fuck all to do with skin color.  There are poor people of every race out there dying at increased rates over those who aren't as poor.  The reason blacks are being disproportionately represented in the COVID body counts is because as a whole they are more poor as a demographic - and therefore they are more likely to have all the underlying issues that cause high mortality rates.  BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEIR SKIN HAS MORE MELANIN or they have genetic predispositions to getting COVID.  

Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It’s common and well known. Just because you don’t get out of Vegas doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Travel more.

I'm not disputing they exist.  I'm honestly interested in some examples because I've not heard of them and I've been to most major cities in the US.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Of course it's complex.  But it also has nothing to do with the color of your skin.  If you are poor, unhealthy and have little access to healthcare - you're going to have a higher chance of dying than those who are not in those conditions.  And there's a fuck-ton of white poor folk who have and are dying from COVID because they were poor, unhealthy and have little access to health care.

I read your article and I agree with most of its premises.  But they attempt to equate race itself as a contributing factor and that is simply wrong.  It is the economic and health factors that affect whites, blacks and hispanics in those conditions equally.  Where I take offense to this is that "race" is being used as a lazy substitute for class and socioeconomic privilege.  If middle and upper class blacks and hispanics were dying at higher rates than their white peers - then we might have something to talk about.  But they are not.  So it has fuck all to do with skin color.  There are poor people of every race out there dying at increased rates over those who aren't as poor.  The reason blacks are being disproportionately represented in the COVID body counts is because as a whole they are more poor as a demographic - and therefore they are more likely to have all the underlying issues that cause high mortality rates.  BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEIR SKIN HAS MORE MELANIN or they have genetic predispositions to getting COVID.  

Just saying.

It’s amazing how blind you are to data right in front of you. 
 

do you have special “filter out the smart” sunglasses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Detroit has a Mexicantown.  

And that doesn't strike you as even remotely racist?  Does detroit also have an Africantown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burning Man said:

I'm not disputing they exist.  I'm honestly interested in some examples because I've not heard of them and I've been to most major cities in the US.  

Korea-town Los Angeles

vietnam-town San Jose

Korea Town and Japan Town San Fran

oh, and Paris, Las Vegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It’s amazing how blind you are to data right in front of you. 
 

do you have special “filter out the smart” sunglasses?

What data?  Give me an example?

You know how this works..... your thesis, your burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

What data?  Give me an example?

You know how this works..... your thesis, your burden.

I did, I posted the data. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Korea-town Los Angeles

vietnam-town San Jose

Korea Town and Japan Town San Fran

oh, and Paris, Las Vegas

OK fair enough - I had not heard of them.  But you do realize Paris, Las vegas is a casino - not a town, right?  

BTW - Out of curiosity - don't you think "Korea-town" is a bit racist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I did, I posted the data. 

Where?  Today?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

this is a quote from one of your responses..
“However
, the 200K and counting US lives really are the direct result of trump's poor decisions.  “

you are the one who brought up the Trump/Covid bullshite 

I’m sorry but you are beyond stupid and not worth engaging anymore.

Well thank you for the concise answers to my questions. I found our conversation stimulating and engaging. Your mastery of language and clear, logical reasoning is to be admired. It is most certainly the reason for your great success. I was going to vote for Biden, but as a result of our conversation today, and the strong case you have made against him, I think Trump is now the clear choice. There simply can be no doubt. I'm just glad we had this opportunity to talk before the election. Uneducated people like me should always look to mental giants such as yourself to guide the important decisions life. You're a treasure to the community and I hope you will continue your good work. Thanks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

OK fair enough - I had not heard of them.  But you do realize Paris, Las vegas is a casino - not a town, right?  

BTW - Out of curiosity - don't you think "Korea-town" is a bit racist?

Nope

 

how about Little Italy?

 

and your sense of humor is worn down, Paris was an attempt at levity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

And that doesn't strike you as even remotely racist?  Does detroit also have an Africantown?

Not a bit.  It's an area in SW Detroit that is largely populated by latinos with restaurants, specialty grocery stores, and shops.  I think it's labeled on maps as such.  We also have a Corktown, you going to champion the rights of Corks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Well thank you for the concise answers to my questions. I found our conversation stimulating and engaging. Your mastery of language and clear, logical reasoning is to be admired. It is most certainly the reason for your great success. I was going to vote for Biden, but as a result of our conversation today, and the strong case you have made against him, I think Trump is now the clear choice. There simply can be no doubt. I'm just glad we had this opportunity to talk before the election. Uneducated people like me should always look to mental giants such as yourself to guide the important decisions life. You're a treasure to the community and I hope you will continue your good work. Thanks.

Good work. whatever you do don't downvote him or be subject to a never ending tirade of juvenile insults. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

OK fair enough - I had not heard of them.  But you do realize Paris, Las vegas is a casino - not a town, right?  

BTW - Out of curiosity - don't you think "Korea-town" is a bit racist?

Thai-town - LA
Little Saigon (oc, San Jose, Houston)

Little Ethiopia - la

Little Armenia - la

little Tokyo - la

little Italy - la

swede hollow, st paul

connemarra patch, St. Paul

 

you are one blind motherfucker, and you obviously don’t like good “ethnic” food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Thai-town - LA
Little Saigon (oc, San Jose, Houston)

Little Ethiopia - la

Little Armenia - la

little Tokyo - la

little Italy - la

swede hollow, st paul

connemarra patch, St. Paul

 

you are one blind motherfucker, and you obviously don’t like good “ethnic” food.

Have the Hmong got anything official in StPaul? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raz'r said:

Have the Hmong got anything official in StPaul? 

There’s Hmong Village (a 200+ multi store market/shopping center/ food hall that’s the closest to Asia I’ve seen in the us) and Hmongtown (a single owner market) but nothing official for a neighborhood Afiak. 

Cedar-Riverside is little Mogadishu to a few, but not official

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

There’s Hmong Village (a 200+ multi store market/shopping center/ food hall that’s the closest to Asia I’ve seen in the us) and Hmongtown (a single owner market) but nothing official for a neighborhood Afiak. 

Cedar-Riverside is little Mogadishu to a few, but not official

Cedar-Riverside. Blight that won’t die. 
 

architecturally hideous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF. I can't find Little Democratic Republic of Congo. That doesn't seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Good work. whatever you do don't downvote him or be subject to a never ending tirade of juvenile insults. 

I've noticed that most of the brilliant posters here have negative reputations. Great men are often dragged down by the mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like pouring hundreds of millions into the old. Senior citizen will be very happy. Good job George.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Perhaps.  But that is one tiny sliver of the times that that data is captured and used later for policy making decisions at ALL levels of gov't.  Why does it matter if you are black, white, hispanic or Asian if you live in substandard housing or receive a substandard education?  For instance, I keep hearing that COVID is disproportionately affecting minorities.  No, that is absolutely false.  It is disproportionately affecting people of a lower economic status because poor folk are most likely "essential workers" who can't work from home AND have less access to the healthcare system if they do get sick.  Unlike Sickle Cell, COVID doesn't seem to be genetically affecting blacks and hispanics more than white folk.  So using the skin color discriminator in those stats is completely disingenuous and purposefully (IMO) distorting the truth.  

It really is a bit more complicated than that.

Do you think race is irrelevant to the fact that poor Black people tend to live in cities, whereas poor whites tend to live in the country, more spread out?  

How about the fact that Black people tend to be a lot more suspicious & distrustful of the medical establishment?

 

 

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Can you provide a cite?  I've honestly never heard of any of those in any city I've ever lived or visited.  It's always Chinatown.  Many even have signs that say "Wercome to Chinatown".  :P

 

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm not disputing they exist.  I'm honestly interested in some examples because I've not heard of them and I've been to most major cities in the US.  

C'mon, man.  I'm sure you've been here, at least once?  Even if you stick to the "for tourists" parts of the Manhattan: Chinatown's down by Canal Street, and Koreatown's up by 32nd.  They're not even close to one another...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Venom said:

 

Holy fuck you're a retard.  "I saw it on a meme, it must have actually happened".  

The quote's fake, ya dumbass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:
3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

BTW - Out of curiosity - don't you think "Korea-town" is a bit racist?

Nope

how about Little Italy?

So you'd be ok with calling the black side of town - Africa-Town?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Holy fuck you're a retard.  "I saw it on a meme, it must have actually happened".  

The quote's fake, ya dumbass.

He's like BravoBravo, in that he prefers to allow others to do the thinking for him.

He just happens to pick those low on the intellectual horsepower scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

So you'd be ok with calling the black side of town - Africa-Town?  

Jeff, I remember many posts where you advocated for us not being so PC-sensitive, are you reborn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

119458294_10223525779881378_748265371902

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

So you'd be ok with calling the black side of town - Africa-Town?  

Hey dumbass, the locals are the ones who drive the name. If some Karen Man imposed it? That would be fucking awful. If some enterprising group of businesses came up with Little Africa or Little Haiti, Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my very nice, but stupid neighbor, Kamala Harris was chosen specifically because Biden wasn't going to fill out his first term, and then there'd be a non-usa citizen in the POTUS... Setting a precedent. But I explained that she was born in the USA.....

 

 

 "Well.... Neither of her parents were, so......"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Hey dumbass, the locals are the ones who drive the name. If some Karen Man imposed it? That would be fucking awful. If some enterprising group of businesses came up with Little Africa or Little Haiti, Why not?

There was /is  a part of New Haven called "West Congo".... It's a predominantly black area, but it's name comes from "West of Congress Avenue".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

 "Well.... Neither of her parents were, so......"

Ask him where Trump's mother was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Alex-Soros-Hillary-Clinton-Tim-Kaine.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, frenchie said:

Holy fuck you're a retard.  "I saw it on a meme, it must have actually happened".  

The quote's fake, ya dumbass.

heh heh heh.

that photo was taken in 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Venom said:

 

Alex-Soros-Hillary-Clinton-Tim-Kaine.jpg 

trump.thumb.jpg.dbcdd6eab6f25facdec206696c09e35a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dacapo said:

heh heh heh.

that photo was taken in 2015

Snopes says 2019. 

Regardless - it's a bullshit allegation.  I doubt anyone will be surprised that Venom fell for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Snopes says 2019. 

Regardless - it's a bullshit allegation.  I doubt anyone will be surprised that Venom fell for it.

I'm actually a little surprised that Trump didn't retweet it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I'm actually a little surprised that Trump didn't retweet it.  

He may, yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Thai-town - LA
Little Saigon (oc, San Jose, Houston)

Little Ethiopia - la

Little Armenia - la

little Tokyo - la

little Italy - la

swede hollow, st paul

connemarra patch, St. Paul

 

you are one blind motherfucker, and you obviously don’t like good “ethnic” food.

I lived next to little vietnam in Denver back in the 90s.  The food was soooooooo good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I lived next to little vietnam in Denver back in the 90s.  The food was soooooooo good.

 

Back in the '80s I had a friend from Taiwan. We used to go to Chinatown in Seattle and party. The after-hours parties in some of those restaurants had the BEST food ever! Only time I ever had Peking Duck. Amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bhyde said:

Well thank you for the concise answers to my questions. I found our conversation stimulating and engaging. Your mastery of language and clear, logical reasoning is to be admired. It is most certainly the reason for your great success. I was going to vote for Biden, but as a result of our conversation today, and the strong case you have made against him, I think Trump is now the clear choice. There simply can be no doubt. I'm just glad we had this opportunity to talk before the election. Uneducated people like me should always look to mental giants such as yourself to guide the important decisions life. You're a treasure to the community and I hope you will continue your good work. Thanks.

Let’s be honest, you and the sheeple like you are going to vote for Biden because that’s what you’ve been told to do.

 

Enjoy Christmas ya big fat dumb turk:lol:ey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, bhyde said:

So can I put you down for Trump?

Bingo - the Dems picked the one person who would make him vote for Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Let’s be honest, you and the sheeple like you are going to vote for Biden because that’s what you’ve been told to do.

 

Enjoy Christmas ya big fat dumb turk:lol:ey 

What do you mean? I just told you that I'm voting for Trump. You convinced me with your well informed narrative of why Biden is such a bad choice. Biden voted to send troops to Iraq. Regardless of anything Biden has done before or after, no matter how good or charitable, he will always be a war criminal. Guys like you and me know that people like Biden, and all liberals for that matter, are just a bunch of hypocritical pieces of shit getting in the way of successful people like you and me. Biden's vote on the Iraq Resolution makes anything Trump has done, even before he was in office, pale in comparison. Trump could have just let the Corona virus run rampant and kill tens of thousands of American, or fomented civil unrest with those peace hating darkies, or completely fucked up the economy, sold out to the Russians, ran the national debt into the stratosphere, hell he could shoot someone in the middle of Time Square, but Biden's vote stands out as the single most evil act in American history. And who cares if Trump can't form a complete sentence or express anything approaching a logical thought. That makes him just like the rest of us. Am I right brother? I want a president that is just like me and doesn't try to exhibit any admirable qualities like integrity. If the president is a compulsive sociopathic liar with little or no regard for anything but himself, well that's better than fucking Biden. God know what he would be like. The most important thing in a president isn't consistent thoughtful leadership, with the interest of the American people in mind, but being able to blurt out the most random, ridiculous comment at the most inappropriate time to get the highest ratings possible. I'm with you. Fuck Biden! MAGA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is despicable His supporters are deplorable.

If anyone needs any clarification just let me know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Trump is despicable His supporters are deplorable.

If anyone needs any clarification just let me know.

Biden chose Kamala.

Therefore its just too close to call.

I'm voting for Donald Duck to send an unmistakable message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike G said:

Biden chose Kamala.

Therefore its just too close to call.

I'm voting for Donald Duck to send an unmistakable message.

Where’s Gary Johnson when you need him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dacapo said:

Where’s Gary Johnson when you need him 

One Word: Kanya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Trump is despicable His supporters are deplorable.

If anyone needs any clarification just let me know.

Today's news: Trump said, in private, that his supporters are 'Disgusting".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Today's news: Trump said, in private, that his supporters are 'Disgusting".

He finally got one right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And - just know a vote for anyone but Biden is how we got Trump so think about that - if you like the grift and chaos and want that for four more years then by all means write in mickey mouse or anyone to help Trump keep Trumping us all.  Let your conscience be your guide, if you don't have one try and get one before Nov 3

thanks, Miss Management

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Mr vote, you’ve been leading the Covid task force. How do you explain the the American people that if we just did as well as Canada, 100,000 Americans would still be alive?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

And - just know a vote for anyone but Biden is how we got Trump so think about that - if you like the grift and chaos and want that for four more years then by all means write in mickey mouse or anyone to help Trump keep Trumping us all.  Let your conscience be your guide, if you don't have one try and get one before Nov 3

thanks, Miss Management

I mean, its a tough call.  Biden did that lie that time, so he's equal to trump in that regard.   Oh, and Biden picked Kamala.

I feel I need to send an unmistakable message by voting for a cartoon character. 

So, SO tough to decide....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I mean, its a tough call.  Biden did that lie that time, so he's equal to trump in that regard.   Oh, and Biden picked Kamala.

I feel I need to send an unmistakable message by voting for a cartoon character. 

So, SO tough to decide....

Mike, 

If you are truly in CA, your vote doesn't mean anything.  CA will go blue by what?  3M votes.  I don't want to minimize your vote, but in reality, it's not like those in WI, PA, MN, NC, FL, AZ etc.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every vote matters - Trump will not go quietly into the night using every con game to contest the results. The larger the margins the harder it will be for him to succeed, because all liberals will be voting multiple times, Antifa will be busing in people to vote, illegal immigrants will vote en-masse, FRAUD! will be the rally cry amongst the faithful. 

If only white folks could vote this would all be avoided. That own property. And are male.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now