Burning Man

Kamala Harris is the VP pick.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, perioecus said:

Have you seen The Harder They Come?  Essential viewing for Jimmy Cliff fans.

The movie "Rockers" is the one you want to find and watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, perioecus said:

Yeah, yeah... but Jimmy Cliff's not in it.

The anthem of the Sandinistas during Nicaragua's 1990 elections:

 


Not Jimmy Cliff, but still:  Yellowman, Eek-A-Mouse, lots of good music out there.

 

Police and thieves...frighten the nation, with their guns and ammunition.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

119042645_10223470360815936_123948759290

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 2:55 AM, Venom said:

119042645_10223470360815936_123948759290

Do you have a cite for her family owning slaves in Jamaica?  I had not heard that.  TIA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Do you have a cite for her family owning slaves in Jamaica?  I had not heard that.  TIA.  

Yeah, she’s the descendant of a slave owner, which at the time meant a white guy owned a black woman, and they had a child. 
 

Somehow that has been twisted....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Yeah, she’s the descendant of a slave owner, which at the time meant a white guy owned a black woman, and they had a child. 
 

Somehow that has been twisted....

So she's the product of "white privilege" is what you're saying?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Do you have a cite for her family owning slaves in Jamaica?  I had not heard that.  TIA.  

Joker brought this up awhile back, so I dug into it a bit.  Summary:

So there's this woman, in Jamaica, a few generations back; Kamala's great-great-great-(?)-grandmother or something like that.  She's half-black; her father was a white plantation owner.   

Her mother's name is unknown.  Presumably, one of Dad's slaves. 

Side note: among Jamaican planters, it was customary  -  or at least, not unusual  -  to free the slave they'd been fucking (and the children resulting thereof), in their wills.

So this planter.   Her father.  Also has "legitimate" son, with his white wife. 

The son's named after him.  The son inherits the plantation (and slaves). 

The son & the daughter are married. 

(Which I'm pretty sure did not make the wife a part-owner, legally, in those days  -  but "close enough for propaganda" I guess.  And who knows, she might have outlived him.) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, frenchie said:

Joker brought this up awhile back, so I dug into it a bit.  Summary:

So there's this woman, in Jamaica, a few generations back; Kamala's great-great-great-(?)-grandmother or something like that.  She's half-black; her father was a white plantation owner.   

Her mother's name is unknown.  Presumably, one of Dad's slaves. 

Side note: among Jamaican planters, it was customary  -  or at least, not unusual  -  to free the slave they'd been fucking (and the children resulting thereof), in their wills.

So this planter.   Her father.  Also has "legitimate" son, with his white wife. 

The son's named after him.  The son inherits the plantation (and slaves). 

The son & the daughter are married. 

(Which I'm pretty sure did not make the wife a part-owner, legally, in those days  -  but "close enough for propaganda" I guess.  And who knows, she might have outlived him.) 

 

Huh?   I’d love to see a cite for that.  I heard the story, but don’t think I posted anything about it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, frenchie said:

Joker brought this up awhile back, so I dug into it a bit.  Summary:

So there's this woman, in Jamaica, a few generations back; Kamala's great-great-great-(?)-grandmother or something like that.  She's half-black; her father was a white plantation owner.   

Her mother's name is unknown.  Presumably, one of Dad's slaves. 

Side note: among Jamaican planters, it was customary  -  or at least, not unusual  -  to free the slave they'd been fucking (and the children resulting thereof), in their wills.

So this planter.   Her father.  Also has "legitimate" son, with his white wife. 

The son's named after him.  The son inherits the plantation (and slaves). 

The son & the daughter are married. 

(Which I'm pretty sure did not make the wife a part-owner, legally, in those days  -  but "close enough for propaganda" I guess.  And who knows, she might have outlived him.) 

 

So Kamala IS the product of white privilege then.  And also the granddaughter of half-brother and half sister marrying???  Did I read that right?  

Look Frenchie, don't take my questions the wrong way.  She is what she is and she'll make a fine VP to Biden.  But given her claims of being a downtrodden minority POC seems to ring hollow given that she is descended from the lineage of a slave owner and grew up with and in this so-called white privilege bubble.  Just like the only thing "Black" about Obama's experience was his skin color.  He lived none of the traditional narrative of an African-American kid growing up in America.  Which is why the black community continually said he wasn't "black enough".  

My point in all of this being that it's a joke to say Kamala was picked because she is black.  Skin color has little nothing to do with the point, it's all about the life experience one brings to the job that makes her supposedly empathetic to the plight of the poor black man or woman.  I suspect there is nothing in her background that suggests she ever lived the authentic black American life at any point.  So what makes her qualified to be their ethnic representative?  It would be like a black baby who was adopted by two white WASP parents and who then grew up in upper middle class white America suburbia - then running for office as the "minority" candidate.  Skin color alone has nothing to do with the entire point of their "life experience" that they supposedly bring to the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

So Kamala IS the product of white privilege then.  And also the granddaughter of half-brother and half sister marrying???  Did I read that right?  

Look Frenchie, don't take my questions the wrong way.  She is what she is and she'll make a fine VP to Biden.  But given her claims of being a downtrodden minority POC seems to ring hollow given that she is descended from the lineage of a slave owner and grew up with and in this so-called white privilege bubble.  Just like the only thing "Black" about Obama's experience was his skin color.  He lived none of the traditional narrative of an African-American kid growing up in America.  Which is why the black community continually said he wasn't "black enough".  

My point in all of this being that it's a joke to say Kamala was picked because she is black.  Skin color has little nothing to do with the point, it's all about the life experience one brings to the job that makes her supposedly empathetic to the plight of the poor black man or woman.  I suspect there is nothing in her background that suggests she ever lived the authentic black American life at any point.  So what makes her qualified to be their ethnic representative?  It would be like a black baby who was adopted by two white WASP parents and who then grew up in upper middle class white America suburbia - then running for office as the "minority" candidate.  Skin color alone has nothing to do with the entire point of their "life experience" that they supposedly bring to the job.

Jesus H Christ on a stick.

the rape of a woman is white privilege? What “privilege” is there in being a slave?

you've completely lost the plot.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Jesus H Christ on a stick.

the rape of a woman is white privilege? What “privilege” is there in being a slave?

you've completely lost the plot.

Because she (kamala, not the slave daughter) then grew up in a white privileged world as a result.  How does that make Kammie authentically "Black"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that so many here are rallying behind a candidate who couldn’t garner more than 2% support in the primary and who in all likelihood will become president if Biden wins is proof positive that many of you have no interest in the will of the people.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

The fact that so many here are rallying behind a candidate who couldn’t garner more than 2% support in the primary and who in all likelihood will become president if Biden wins is proof positive that many of you have no interest in the will of the people.

Pence got 0% support in the primary. Where are you going with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Pence got 0% support in the primary. Where are you going with this?

Biden has dementia and his vp will in all likelihood end up being president.

the operative words being “in all likelihood”

Trump, for all his faults and failings was and is much more likely to finish his term.

 

Oh, and Pence didn’t run for president, therefore we can only speculate about how many votes he’d get. Harris on the other hand failed completely in her attempt which was a clear rejection by the voters.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Trump, for all his faults and failings was and is much more likely to finish his term.

:lol: Trump? The obese stroke sufferer with dementia? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

:lol: Trump? The obese stroke sufferer with dementia? :lol:

You’ll get no argument from me but I still think he’s more lucid and I also think he’ll outlast as out perform Biden cognitively.
 

Oh, and one more fun fact, I ain’t voting for either of these geriatrics abominations and I think only an ejit or an insider would, which begs the question, which one are you? 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Because she (kamala, not the slave daughter) then grew up in a white privileged world as a result.  How does that make Kammie authentically "Black"?

Are you a Sucker or a Loser?

definitely a racist cracker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

:lol:

A rock would fit the description of “more lucid than Joe”

 

yup!!
 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Are you a Sucker or a Loser?

definitely a racist cracker.

Yup!
 

 

No irony in this post whatsoever 

 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

...failed completely in her attempt which was a clear rejection by the voters.

I voted for my first preference. There is no opportunity for rejection of a candidate. You have overreached...

 

7 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

...I still think he’s [Trump] more lucid and I also think he’ll outlast as out perform Biden cognitively.

Are you aware of the common meaning of lucid? You would be alone in proposing that Trump is lucid. The cognitively of Trump as proven by the test (after his stroke)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Because she (kamala, not the slave daughter) then grew up in a white privileged world as a result.  How does that make Kammie authentically "Black"?

What the fuck?  Why do you resort to referring to Senator Harris as "Kammie"?  Why do people do this?

I just don't get that childish shit about demeaning someone by inserting some bullshit nickname.  President Obama was "Barry", "Obummer", and worse.  President Trump has had dozens of derogatory nicknames hurled his way.  By doing this, you are acting as bad as a middle-schooler on a playground.

You, and everyone else who pulls this crap, are (or, should be) better than this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

I voted for my first preference. There is no opportunity for rejection of a candidate. You have overreached...

 

Are you aware of the common meaning of lucid? You would be alone in proposing that Trump is lucid. The cognitively of Trump as proven by the test (after his stroke)? 

I understand perfectly the meaning of the word “lucid”

 

Trump could well be in a vegetative state and still be as lucid as creepy joe, the warmongering draft dogging career politician.

 

And no, it’s not lost on me that I am faced with preferring a despicable like Trump over a Creep like Biden.

The fact that we are forced to choose between these two cretins is concrete evidence that the democratic process is fubared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What the fuck?  Why do you resort to referring to Senator Harris as "Kammie"?  Why do people do this?

I just don't get that childish shit about demeaning someone by inserting some bullshit nickname.  President Obama was "Barry", "Obummer", and worse.  President Trump has had dozens of derogatory nicknames hurled his way.  By doing this, you are acting as bad as a middle-schooler on a playground.

You, and everyone else who pulls this crap, are (or, should be) better than this.

Forgive him, after a lifetime of tit sucking from Uncle Sam, then Uncle Mo, he’s now getting protected by a union. He can’t cut it on his own, so he’s got to blame someone, he blames the blacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Trump could well be in a vegetative state and still be as lucid as creepy joe...

Obviously you have watched all the R talking point videos. Have you ever watched any raw video of Biden speaking? Full sentences expressing a clear message. On topic. Etc etc. Even without a teleprompter. Please post any recent raw unedited fully contextual video that supports your bizarre perception. Oh...nevermind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What the fuck?  Why do you resort to referring to Senator Harris as "Kammie"?  Why do people do this?

I just don't get that childish shit about demeaning someone by inserting some bullshit nickname.  President Obama was "Barry", "Obummer", and worse.  President Trump has had dozens of derogatory nicknames hurled his way.  By doing this, you are acting as bad as a middle-schooler on a playground.

You, and everyone else who pulls this crap, are (or, should be) better than this.

Pot calls kettle black much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Joker said:

Huh?   I’d love to see a cite for that.  I heard the story, but don’t think I posted anything about it.   

It wasn't you I was debating this with?  I may well have mis-remembered.

...on further reflection, I think maybe someone else brought it up, but it was you & I who debated it a bit (which is where I researched it).

Possible it was someone completely different, and I'm just plain mis-remembering, though.

 

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

So Kamala IS the product of white privilege then.  And also the granddaughter of half-brother and half sister marrying???  Did I read that right?  

Look Frenchie, don't take my questions the wrong way.  She is what she is and she'll make a fine VP to Biden.  But given her claims of being a downtrodden minority POC seems to ring hollow given that she is descended from the lineage of a slave owner and grew up with and in this so-called white privilege bubble.  Just like the only thing "Black" about Obama's experience was his skin color.  He lived none of the traditional narrative of an African-American kid growing up in America.  Which is why the black community continually said he wasn't "black enough".  

My point in all of this being that it's a joke to say Kamala was picked because she is black.  Skin color has little nothing to do with the point, it's all about the life experience one brings to the job that makes her supposedly empathetic to the plight of the poor black man or woman.  I suspect there is nothing in her background that suggests she ever lived the authentic black American life at any point.  So what makes her qualified to be their ethnic representative?  It would be like a black baby who was adopted by two white WASP parents and who then grew up in upper middle class white America suburbia - then running for office as the "minority" candidate.  Skin color alone has nothing to do with the entire point of their "life experience" that they supposedly bring to the job.

Not sure what you mean. 

The family members between Kamala and that ancestor were not treated as "white", any more than that ancestor was.  Their baptismal certificates list them as "coloured".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Joker said:

Huh?   I’d love to see a cite for that.  I heard the story, but don’t think I posted anything about it.   

My bad.  It was jzk... upthread, page 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

My bad.  It was jzk... upthread, page 5.

It’s a common misunderstanding, they are a bit ying /yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venom said:

Pot calls kettle black much? 

Do a search for how I refer to people.  You'll find loads of "President Trump", "VP Pence", "AG Barr", and so on. 

If you can find a bunch of times I've done otherwise, I'd love to see them.

Otherwise, you are way off base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the cucks are out again in force downvoting 

 

 

What a pathetic bunch of cum guzzelers we’ve got here.

 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

What a pathetic bunch of cum guzzelers we’ve got here.

Yup. Pathetic. Pathetic that a snowflake cares about PA reputation. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I see the cucks are out again in force downvoting 

 

the only cucks we've seen lately are republican icons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

the only cucks we've seen lately are republican icons

Haven’t you some little old ladies to be extorting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Yup. Pathetic. Pathetic that a snowflake cares about PA reputation. LOL.

Are you talking about that cum guzzler D’ranger ?
 

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Obviously you have watched all the R talking point videos. Have you ever watched any raw video of Biden speaking? Full sentences expressing a clear message. On topic. Etc etc. Even without a teleprompter. Please post any recent raw unedited fully contextual video that supports your bizarre perception. Oh...nevermind.

Yes, so many hours I can't count.   Unlike Trump he can form a sentence, hell, a whole paragraph.   Stop watching doctored video.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, solosailor said:
Quote

Have you ever watched any raw video of Biden speaking? Full sentences expressing a clear message. On topic. Etc etc. Even without a teleprompter. Please post any recent raw unedited fully contextual video that supports your bizarre perception. Oh...nevermind.

Yes, so many hours I can't count.   Unlike Trump he can form a sentence, hell, a whole paragraph.   Stop watching doctored video.

Hell, Biden can form complete sentences while riding a bicycle.

Trump can't even walk down a ramp or drink a glass of water one-handed.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, solosailor said:

Yes, so many hours I can't count.   Unlike Trump he can form a sentence, hell, a whole paragraph.   Stop watching doctored video.

 


 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, frenchie said:

My bad.  It was jzk... upthread, page 5.

No problem.  I know my memory isn’t perfect, but not that bad.  Thanks for pointing it out so a month from now I’m not getting accused by steam of claiming Kamala was a slave holder.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No problem.  I know my memory isn’t perfect, but not that bad.  Thanks for pointing it out so a month from now I’m not getting accused by steam of claiming Kamala was a slave holder.  :)  

I occasionally make mistakes, but I can tell you apart from JZK.

Belief me. Bigly

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I occasionally make mistakes, but I can tell you apart from JZK.

Belief me. Bigly

- DSK

You missed the point as usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You missed the point as usual. 

No, that was completely pointless.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, that was completely pointless.

- DSK

As is The Joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in the Biden thread.

 

I reckon it’s just as relevant here.

 

Enjoy...

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, Burning Man said:

I suspect there is nothing in her background that suggests she ever lived the authentic black American life at any point. 

What the hell is that supposed to mean? There's only one authentic Black American life or way of life? In your mind do all American Blacks live in poverty or on welfare in run down inner cities?  Anything else doesn't count? 

She's Black [ x ]

She's American [ x ]

She's alive [ x ] thus has lived a life so far 

Yup she ticks all the boxes. She has lived a Black American life.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zonker said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? There's only one authentic Black American life or way of life? In your mind do all American Blacks live in poverty or on welfare in run down inner cities?  Anything else doesn't count? 

She's Black [ x ]

She's American [ x ]

She's alive [ x ] thus has lived a life so far 

Yup she ticks all the boxes. She has lived a Black American life.

 

She's not Black - she's Indian.

Disagree? List the reason(s) why... then for bonus points, why it matters.

This is the part of USA racial bullshit that I find highly entertaining, incidentally. The way they tie themselves in knots being utterly racist while denying that it's anything to do with race. Left or Right, same shit.

FKT

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

I posted this in the Biden thread.

 

I reckon it’s just as relevant here.

 

Enjoy...

 

 

 

Neocons and war mongers are voting Biden, you should too! $-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

I posted this in the Biden thread.

 

I reckon it’s just as relevant here.

 

Enjoy...

 

 

 

Maybe your memory is too short. Here's a quick refresher.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Maybe your memory is too short. Here's a quick refresher.

 


I grew up in Ireland during the troubles and I had plenty of opportunities to support the “cause” but I didn’t.

After I became a US citizen, the first vote I ever cast was against that fool (Bush lite) 

And I intend to cast my vote against that neocon (Biden ) as well.

 

good talk...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sea warrior said:


I grew up in Ireland during the troubles and I had plenty of opportunities to support the “cause” but I didn’t.

After I became a US citizen, the first vote I ever cast was against that fool (Bush lite) 

And I intend to cast my vote against that neocon (Biden ) as well.

 

good talk...

 

So let me get this straight. Biden voting for action in Iraq makes him a neocon? Is that what you are saying? Please explain how that works.

(Hint: saying that neocons voting for Biden makes Biden a neocon is like saying nazis voting for Trump makes Trump a nazi. I would avoid that line of reasoning)

nice chat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhyde said:

So let me get this straight. Biden voting for action in Iraq makes him a neocon? Is that what you are saying? Please explain how that works.

(Hint: saying that neocons voting for Biden makes Biden a neocon is like saying nazis voting for Trump makes Trump a nazi. I would avoid that line of reasoning)

nice chat...

Biden voted for an illegal and immoral war. That makes him either a fool, a blood thirsty git or simply a cock gobbler who hadn’t the backbone to stand up to the prevailing tides.

 

Take yer pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sea warrior said:

Biden voted for an illegal and immoral war. That makes him either a fool, a blood thirsty git or simply a cock gobbler who hadn’t the backbone to stand up to the prevailing tides.

 

Take yer pick.

Unfortunately the prevailing tide was pushed by the winds of misinformation that the Bush/Chaney stirred. If you will recall Biden (and everyone else) voted believing Iraq had Weapons-O-Mass Destruction which was later shown to be a lie cooked up by the administration. So by your measure every member of Congress is a fool or a blood thirsty git, including the Republican members that are still serving. Does that sound right to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Unfortunately the prevailing tide was pushed by the winds of misinformation that the Bush/Chaney stirred. If you will recall Biden (and everyone else) voted believing Iraq had Weapons-O-Mass Destruction which was later shown to be a lie cooked up by the administration. So by your measure every member of Congress is a fool or a blood thirsty git, including the Republican members that are still serving. Does that sound right to you?

Good leaders are strong enough to go against the “prevailing tide” 
Biden wasn’t a good leader then and he has even less faculties now with which to make good decisions.

He should never have been the  democratic nominee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Good leaders are strong enough to go against the “prevailing tide” 
Biden wasn’t a good leader then and he has even less faculties now with which to make good decisions.

He should never have been the  democratic nominee.

 

So can I put you down for Trump? His abundant decision making skills and acute mental faculties being the deciding factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bhyde said:

So can I put you down for Trump? His abundant decision making skills and acute mental faculties being the deciding factor.

Don't forget the laser focus on solving problems.

 

 

 

 

That he created.

 

 

 

Until he gets bored and wanders away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 10:53 AM, Bus Driver said:

What the fuck?  Why do you resort to referring to Senator Harris as "Kammie"?  Why do people do this?

I just don't get that childish shit about demeaning someone by inserting some bullshit nickname.  President Obama was "Barry", "Obummer", and worse.  President Trump has had dozens of derogatory nicknames hurled his way.  By doing this, you are acting as bad as a middle-schooler on a playground.

You, and everyone else who pulls this crap, are (or, should be) better than this.

Well, then you are describing 99.99999% of PA, assuming you yourself have never hurled a derogatory nickname at a politician - which I find hard to believe BTW.  And whether you believe me or not, I'm not using "Kammie" as an insult.  It's more of a fond nickname.  I will be voting for Kammie, so it can't be all that bad.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

She's not Black - she's Indian.

Disagree? List the reason(s) why... then for bonus points, why it matters.

This is the part of USA racial bullshit that I find highly entertaining, incidentally. The way they tie themselves in knots being utterly racist while denying that it's anything to do with race. Left or Right, same shit.

FKT

DING DING DING!  The fact that this shit even matters and is even a point of discussion is what makes this country so fucked up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

DING DING DING!  The fact that this shit even matters and is even a point of discussion is what makes this country so fucked up.  

Then why keep bringing it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Then why keep bringing it up?

NFI why he does, but I find it entertaining how you guys tie yourselves in knots pretending you're not racist while using racial characteristics (which I regard as bullshit) to drive your decision-making.

Kamala Harris - after you've eliminated 93% of the population from consideration, she's the best Democrat candidate available.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bhyde said:

So can I put you down for Trump? His abundant decision making skills and acute mental faculties being the deciding factor.

Your binary brain is self-identifying itself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Good leaders are strong enough to go against the “prevailing tide” 

Who else besides Barbara Lee voted against the Iraq war?    You backing her now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, solosailor said:
Quote

Good leaders are strong enough to go against the “prevailing tide” 

Who else besides Barbara Lee voted against the Iraq war?    You backing her now?

Rep. Walter B. Jones

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, solosailor said:

Who else besides Barbara Lee voted against the Iraq war?    You backing her now?

All 156 can be found here. One of many foreign policy issues on which Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Your binary brain is self-identifying itself...

A choice between Trump and Biden is pretty much the definition of binary. Not sure what you are getting at. 

Not withstanding Biden's poor decision voting for action in Iraq, would you say that Trump's decision making and mental faculties are superior to Biden's? When you compare Biden's record of service in government to a similar length of time for Trump in his business endeavors and the previous four years, which person do you think is more competent to act in a leadership role?

It's not a trick question. It could be that you are a single issue voter that takes a stand on something like the vote for military action in Iraq, or something like abortion, or gun laws, and cannot move beyond that. That's fine. There are many people that think that way. But on balance, it's hard for me to understand how another four years of Trump is going to be better for everyone in the country than under a Biden administration. What do you think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhyde said:

A choice between Trump and Biden is pretty much the definition of binary. Not sure what you are getting at. 

Not withstanding Biden's poor decision voting for action in Iraq, would you say that Trump's decision making and mental faculties are superior to Biden's? When you compare Biden's record of service in government to a similar length of time for Trump in his business endeavors and the previous four years, which person do you think is more competent to act in a leadership role?

It's not a trick question. It could be that you are a single issue voter that takes a stand on something like the vote for military action in Iraq, or something like abortion, or gun laws, and cannot move beyond that. That's fine. There are many people that think that way. But on balance, it's hard for me to understand how another four years of Trump is going to be better for everyone in the country than under a Biden administration. What do you think?

It's difficult for me to understand how another four years of Trump and his gang are going to be better for ANYone in this country, except for the 1%ers.

And they'll have to move out of the country to avoid violent mobs.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhyde said:

A choice between Trump and Biden is pretty much the definition of binary. Not sure what you are getting at. 

Not withstanding Biden's poor decision voting for action in Iraq, would you say that Trump's decision making and mental faculties are superior to Biden's? When you compare Biden's record of service in government to a similar length of time for Trump in his business endeavors and the previous four years, which person do you think is more competent to act in a leadership role?

It's not a trick question. It could be that you are a single issue voter that takes a stand on something like the vote for military action in Iraq, or something like abortion, or gun laws, and cannot move beyond that. That's fine. There are many people that think that way. But on balance, it's hard for me to understand how another four years of Trump is going to be better for everyone in the country than under a Biden administration. What do you think?

Lol

 

“Biden’s poor decision”

 

That dumb mofo’s “poor decision” cost upwards of  a million innocent people their lives.

 

“Trump’s “poor decisions” cost nothing in comparison 

 

you, you egit you...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

 

“Biden’s poor decision”

 

That dumb mofo’s “poor decision” cost upwards of  a million innocent people their lives.

 

“Trump’s “poor decisions” cost nothing in comparison 

 

you, you egit you...

 

So you are laying the blame for all the deaths in Iraq at Biden's feet? Are not the other 296 congressmen and 77 senators who voted for the Iraq Resolution equally culpable? Is there no culpability for an administration that fabricated lies to achieve the vote? Talk about binary thinking.

By your logic, if you don't mind, I'll just go ahead and lay the blame for the 200K+ Covid deaths in the US squarely at Trumps feet. You shouldn't have any problem with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
23 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Then why keep bringing it up?

NFI why he does, but I find it entertaining how you guys tie yourselves in knots pretending you're not racist while using racial characteristics (which I regard as bullshit) to drive your decision-making.

I keep bringing it up to point out the hypocrisy of the folks who are virtue-signaling that they are not racist while continually making racist comparisons and distinctions.  The entire country is racist, IMHO, for continuing these same racist distinctions that do nothing but drive wedges between groups.  If there is anything systemically racist about the US, it is precisely these racial and ethnic boxes we put people into for everything.  If I buy or sell a house, why do I need to fill out a form asking about my race or ethnicity?  How is that relevant to buying a house?  When I go every year to get a flight physical, I am asked to tick a box for race.  Why?  How does that have any bearing on whether I am fit to fly an airplane or not?  And all the other literally hundreds of thousands of similar points throughout life where your skin color, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc is recorded, etc?  

I have a dream that one day we will all be judged, not by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.  I have a dream......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Your binary brain is self-identifying itself...

image.png.7bab2440dacd2d2b30389d271c1651fc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I keep bringing it up to point out the hypocrisy of the folks who are virtue-signaling that they are not racist while continually making racist comparisons and distinctions.  The entire country is racist, IMHO, for continuing these same racist distinctions that do nothing but drive wedges between groups.  If there is anything systemically racist about the US, it is precisely these racial and ethnic boxes we put people into for everything.  If I buy or sell a house, why do I need to fill out a form asking about my race or ethnicity?  How is that relevant to buying a house?  When I go every year to get a flight physical, I am asked to tick a box for race.  Why?  How does that have any bearing on whether I am fit to fly an airplane or not?  And all the other literally hundreds of thousands of similar points throughout life where your skin color, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc is recorded, etc?  

I have a dream that one day we will all be judged, not by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.  I have a dream......

Without arguing against (or for) your underlying premise, I submit that healthcare records are one place where race may be relevant due to genetic predisposition to various diseases or conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bhyde said:

A choice between Trump and Biden is pretty much the definition of binary. Not sure what you are getting at. 

Not withstanding Biden's poor decision voting for action in Iraq, would you say that Trump's decision making and mental faculties are superior to Biden's? When you compare Biden's record of service in government to a similar length of time for Trump in his business endeavors and the previous four years, which person do you think is more competent to act in a leadership role?

It's not a trick question. It could be that you are a single issue voter that takes a stand on something like the vote for military action in Iraq, or something like abortion, or gun laws, and cannot move beyond that. That's fine. There are many people that think that way. But on balance, it's hard for me to understand how another four years of Trump is going to be better for everyone in the country than under a Biden administration. What do you think?

100% agree with this.  Anyone who is still using the Iraq war vote as a DSQ'er for a candidate is grasping for straws at this point to justify their vote for literally THE WORST POTUS IN HISTORY.  

I personally think Biden is a poor choice for the Dem nomination.  He is the wrong person for the times and someone who is never going to connect with the younger demographic in the party.  BUT...... he is more than adequate for being the caretaker president to hopefully staunch some of the current bleeding and get us to 2024 where there desperately needs to be a real choice.  I think Joe is a nice and decent guy.  He certainly can't do any worse than the current occupant.  I don't think he's going to win any Nobel prizes for just showing up like Obama did or set the world on fire with his charisma and leadership.  But he will be a decent enough bridge to the future and hopefully he will begin laying the groundwork to address some of our crumbling foundations that both trump and covid exposed.  

What I'm most afraid of, however, is that if Joe does win and things go back to a pseudo-normal and the economy just kinda bumps along being not great but also not bad - then people will relax and forget all the glaring issues that this country has (which were glaringly exposed by COVID and trump) and we become complacent and just want nothing more than to put the nightmare of the pandemic behind us.  The bitch hasn't completely burned yet, and putting out the fire too soon will only lead to an eventuality that the "prescribed burn" will flare back up into an uncontrollable  firestorm down the road.  We need to really start tackling the big issues now - like race & economic inequality, immigration, our crumbling infrastructure, and how our social safety nets and emergency preparedness programs and agencies are funded and administered.  If instead we continue kicking the can on those big items further down the road and paying lip service to them, we are IMHO really doomed as a nation and the Republic as we know it will be not long for this earth.  NOT addressing those things will lead to an actual domestic shooting war eventually.  Just saying.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 8:47 PM, Grog said:

Been reading only. And it's amazing!

There you have Kamala Harris, smart, educated and with a career in law. Juris Doctor, former district attorney and attorney general of California. Elected Senator for California and now running for Vice President.

And a good 95% of the over 500 posts in this thread are about race and gender?! Come on!

This lady is tough and capable and I for one look forward to Biden-Harris bringing back some dignity and mental sanity to the USA. There must be other talking points than mere gossip? Fending off the usual bullshitters aside ...

 

Here we are, one month and almost another 500 posts later.

Aaaand ... it got worse.

Seriously?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

 

“Biden’s poor decision”

 

That dumb mofo’s “poor decision” cost upwards of  a million innocent people their lives.

 

“Trump’s “poor decisions” cost nothing in comparison 

 

you, you egit you...

 

I have a hard time believing that you are mourning the loss of all those Iraqi lives when you probably couldn't even find the place on a map.  I also have a hard time believing you hold in equal disdain all those GOP House and Senate members who voted for the AUMF.  Sorry, but I'm calling BS on your crocodile tears.  

However, the 200K and counting US lives really are the direct result of trump's poor decisions.  Unlike Biden, who was just one of many who voted for the war, Trump is THE singular decision maker on our covid response.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Without arguing against (or for) your underlying premise, I submit that healthcare records are one place where race may be relevant due to genetic predisposition to various diseases or conditions.

Perhaps.  But that is one tiny sliver of the times that that data is captured and used later for policy making decisions at ALL levels of gov't.  Why does it matter if you are black, white, hispanic or Asian if you live in substandard housing or receive a substandard education?  For instance, I keep hearing that COVID is disproportionately affecting minorities.  No, that is absolutely false.  It is disproportionately affecting people of a lower economic status because poor folk are most likely "essential workers" who can't work from home AND have less access to the healthcare system if they do get sick.  Unlike Sickle Cell, COVID doesn't seem to be genetically affecting blacks and hispanics more than white folk.  So using the skin color discriminator in those stats is completely disingenuous and purposefully (IMO) distorting the truth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

It is disproportionately affecting people of a lower economic status because poor folk are most likely "essential workers" who can't work from home AND have less access to the healthcare system if they do get sick.  

Cite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhyde said:

So you are laying the blame for all the deaths in Iraq at Biden's feet? Are not the other 296 congressmen and 77 senators who voted for the Iraq Resolution equally culpable? Is there no culpability for an administration that fabricated lies to achieve the vote? Talk about binary thinking.

By your logic, if you don't mind, I'll just go ahead and lay the blame for the 200K+ Covid deaths in the US squarely at Trumps feet. You shouldn't have any problem with that.


I’m saying that every one of those cockgobbelers (Both republican and Democrat) who voted for the Iraq war has blood on their hands.

As far as the C-19 thing goes, only a thundering ejit would blame someone for a naturally occurring pandemic.

I mean, how fucking dumb must you be to make such a correlation.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:
16 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

It is disproportionately affecting people of a lower economic status because poor folk are most likely "essential workers" who can't work from home AND have less access to the healthcare system if they do get sick.  

Cite?

Cite what is commonly accepted and undisputed fact?  Really?  Why would you need a cite for that?  Who the fuck do you think are the long haul truck drivers, the delivery drivers, the grocery store clerks, the workers still working at the Taco Bell drive through, the sanitation workers, and the meat packers and the ______????  Are they the upper middle class folks doing these jobs as a side gig for shits and grins?  Of course they are the folk at the lower end of the economic spectrum making min wage.  They don't get to stay home or move to the country into a McMansion on a couple of acres and do their billable hours from home like a certain counselor we all know.  So yeah, they all are being disproportionately affected by covid and it has fuck all to do with skin color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I have a hard time believing that you are mourning the loss of all those Iraqi lives when you probably couldn't even find the place on a map.  I also have a hard time believing you hold in equal disdain all those GOP House and Senate members who voted for the AUMF.  Sorry, but I'm calling BS on your crocodile tears.  

However, the 200K and counting US lives really are the direct result of trump's poor decisions.  Unlike Biden, who was just one of many who voted for the war, Trump is THE singular decision maker on our covid response.  

Another gobshite trying to blame Trump for the pandemic, suffering Jazus but you lot down here are beyond dumb.

 

 

PS. I’m an immigrant who left My home country alone before I was able to legally drink, travelled across an ocean to a different continent and made myself wealthy without any help whatsoever.

 

Oh and as for Iraq, I’ve lived on 4 continents in many different countries so rest assured that I know exactly where Iraq is.
 

you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:


I’m saying that every one of those cockgobbelers (Both republican and Democrat) who voted for the Iraq war has blood on their hands.

As far as the C-19 thing goes, only a thundering ejit would blame someone for a naturally occurring pandemic.

I mean, how fucking dumb must you be to make such a correlation.

 

 

 

I'm not blaming Trump for the pandemic, I'm blaming him for an ineffective response to the pandemic which has lead to over 200K dead. If a hurricane destroyed a city and needless deaths were caused by complete incompetence afterward, I don't blame the hurricane. See if you can fathom the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 10:24 AM, Burning Man said:

ethnic representative

She represents me.  I am pale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:


I’m saying that every one of those cockgobbelers (Both republican and Democrat) who voted for the Iraq war has blood on their hands.

As far as the C-19 thing goes, only a thundering ejit would blame someone for a naturally occurring pandemic.

I mean, how fucking dumb must you be to make such a correlation.

Yeah, so what - they all have blood on their hands.  What's the alternative?

And you need to go back to school to understand actual logical reasoning flow..... No one that I'm aware of is blaming trump for the virus itself.  We however, are rightfully blaming him for his shit poor response to it and how he handled it.  If one were to write a PhD thesis on leadership and how NOT to handle a major crisis - they would only need to post a pic of Donny after the covers sheet and call it good.  My 5 month old GSD puppy could have led this country better than trump did.  At least he wouldn't deliberately mislead and lie to the public about the severity of the virus.  Just give him a toy to play with and an occasional rub of his ears and he would have happily let the actual experts tell the country how best to deal with this pandemic.  

Trump's deliberate - let me repeat that DELIBERATE - lies and inaction literally directly led to the needless death of HUNDREDS of thousands of Americans and the crash of the economy.  Trump is the one who has blood on his hands.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites