Tripp 41

Good looking

Carbon Rig

Race or race/cruise interior

Reasonably quick and well built

What do you think?

• Like 2

Triage has a triple spreader rig. Aluminum maybe. No mention in the listing

The cruising version draws 9' (Triage 8') with double spreader carbon. 5 years newer boat 

Looks like a 4 year old put the sheets (?) around the winches, and one seems to be used as a spring line? 

Yeah, I know, super helpful comment, but these small details always make me wonder...

Nice looking boat otherwise, as far as the pictures can tell

• Like 1

9' feet keeps you out of trouble. No shortcuts for that gal. Plus she must be an upwind monster.

3 minutes ago, Greyhound37 said:

9' feet keeps you out of trouble. No shortcuts for that gal. Plus she must be an upwind monster.

Also keeps me out of my marina :rolleyes:

9' for a cruiser? Perfect for the nonstop circum you have always wanted to do.

I would be really tempted if I could fit that boat into my slip or any other place around here. I wonder how she would sail with the keel sliced off to about 6 feet? At least that way I would only be aground half the time in my slip.

Nice boat. I like that it’s a 2 cabin  layout with just 1 dedicated head aft starboard.  At first I thought it was a 3cabin and I’m scratching my head looking for the head. 

The wheel is almost as large as the one on my old Bene35rfirst, so that machine will be a beast off the wind and beat to weather like a champ. Buy it, sail it, live it.

Imagine dragging racing sails through the interior? All that varnish would not be there for long.

Without water ballast, it would require at least 6 on the rail to try to keep her on her toes in a breeze.

I like her because of the designer and the builder not being BC.

Sail Safe! 

1 hour ago, Greyhound37 said:

This one has the cruising interior Tripp 41 listed today

NorthPoint has one in VA for $99K Triage with the race interior

Saiorse? That's my boat's name! Admittedly she's half the length and probably an eighth of the displacement...

qnsGMxO.jpg

I don't know anything about Tripp 41's but boats named Saiorse have been very kind to me, so in my expert analysis, I endorse this 100%!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SailRacer said:

Imagine dragging racing sails through the interior? All that varnish would not be there for long.

Without water ballast, it would require at least 6 on the rail to try to keep her on her toes in a breeze.

I like her because of the designer and the builder not being BC.

Sail Safe! 

The boat has roller furling, no dragging required.

42 minutes ago, Commercial Boater said:

Saiorse? That's my boat's name! Admittedly she's half the length and probably an eighth of the displacement...

qnsGMxO.jpg

I don't know anything about Tripp 41's but boats named Saiorse have been very kind to me, so in my expert analysis, I endorse this 100%!

FREEDOM!!!!!

• Like 2

Looks sweet

I like it. I have a special place in my heart for the Tripp 38 Fitikoko. That boat was a delight. Tripp (both generations) boats have always been handsome to my eye. 

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Also keeps me out of my marina :rolleyes:

9' pretty much keeps you out of Florida 

Race or cruise versions these are fine packages for $80K to $130K range. You may correct to mid pack but you had a fun dat clubbing baby seals.

I like them both. The older boat may be aluminum spar. Keels are like tits. Bigger is better :-) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mookiesurfs said:

Thats a bunch of  crap. Stop by Cracker Boys, Rybovich or Palm Harbor. 

2 minutes ago, Greyhound37 said:

Thats a bunch of  crap. Stop by Cracker Boys, Rybovich or Palm Harbor. 

"Pretty much" I said. I'm well aware of the depths throughout Florida, and 9' keeps you out of the vast majority of inland, inshore, and near shore water.

34 minutes ago, mookiesurfs said:

"Pretty much" I said. I'm well aware of the depths throughout Florida, and 9' keeps you out of the vast majority of inland, inshore, and near shore water.

That is exactly why god created the gulf stream. Deep and fast yoo hoo

6 hours ago, mookiesurfs said:

And this is a bad thing?

• Like 7

what does the cruising version rate? looks like the race version rates 6 in PHRF , which is pretty stout.

Damn this is a bad morning. All set to go boat shopping only to find out Triage sold years ago and was not removed from YW and the cruise version up on Buzzards Bay is now shown to be in California. WTF  

16 hours ago, Alaris said:

I like it. I have a special place in my heart for the Tripp 38 Fitikoko. That boat was a delight. Tripp (both generations) boats have always been handsome to my eye. 

Both Fiti and our boat Voodoo (Promises) are still in racing shape and active.  Fiti is now Warrior and is in St Pete, we race out of Hampton.  You could buy ours for a 1/3 of the 41 and we could look to step up!  

NEW VOODOO GOING HOME.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, voodoochile said:

Both Fiti and our boat Voodoo (Promises) are still in racing shape and active.  Fiti is now Warrior and is in St Pete, we race out of Hampton.  You could buy ours for a 1/3 of the 41 and we could look to step up!  

NEW VOODOO GOING HOME.jpeg

I’ve always heard that Promises/Voodoo was downright luxurious down below compared to Fiti’s somewhat “sparse“ accommodations. But they both have lovely lines and I assume V2 sails just as well. What a great pair of boats. And very cool that both of them were at one point in the hands of my alma mater.

10 hours ago, TUBBY said:
16 hours ago, mookiesurfs said:

And this is a bad thing?

And the Bahamas.

I could not bring a boat with 9' draft within about 20 miles of my dock. That's a long dinghy ride. On the plus side, I wouldn't have to fool with dock lines.

FB- Doug

33 minutes ago, Alaris said:

I’ve always heard that Promises/Voodoo was downright luxurious down below compared to Fiti’s somewhat “sparse“ accommodations. But they both have lovely lines and I assume V2 sails just as well. What a great pair of boats. And very cool that both of them were at one point in the hands of my alma mater.

Fiti was built by Mark Lindsay, Promises by Barret Holby so there are some subtle differences, but the boats are essentially the same .  Both point to the moon and are really well behaved in all conditions.   

Voodoo is a nice package at $55K for sure. 

I need A sails and a carbon rig. Saoirse checked all my boxes. The cruise interior was a selling point for me. Glad they shipped it to Alameda last night. 

8'-9' draft is fine for my use. 

On 8/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, Greyhound37 said:

Voodoo is a nice package at $55K for sure. 

I need A sails and a carbon rig. Saoirse checked all my boxes. The cruise interior was a selling point for me. Glad they shipped it to Alameda last night. 

8'-9' draft is fine for my use. 

You gonna get it?  I think there's a Sydney 38 and a Santa Cruz 37 in the same marina all around the same price point.  Oh, and Voodoo's $55K was the brokered price and before we painted her. Also got a new heavy #1 and #2 (for any who may be interested).  Right now $50 would do the deal.  

That is a gorgeous boat. Unusable on the Texas coast, but perfect for the West Coast. I hope you get it! Looks wonderfully cared for!

2 hours ago, voodoochile said:

You gonna get it?  I think there's a Sydney 38 and a Santa Cruz 37 in the same marina all around the same price point.  Oh, and Voodoo's $55K was the brokered price and before we painted her. Also got a new heavy #1 and #2 (for any who may be interested).  Right now $50 would do the deal.  

Really?  I’ve got $50!  

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

Really?  I’ve got $50!  

I missed the "K".  Glad you got $50 though.  

Just now, voodoochile said:

I missed the "K".  Glad you got $50 though.  

Damn. 

On 8/13/2020 at 2:48 AM, Greyhound37 said:

Damn this is a bad morning. All set to go boat shopping only to find out Triage sold years ago and was not removed from YW and the cruise version up on Buzzards Bay is now shown to be in California. WTF  

Bummer.

Have you ever wondered how much of the Interweb is filled with shit like that?

I find stuff listed for sale from 10 years ago pretty regularly. How much effort does it take to clean up your old posts when you sell?

5 hours ago, voodoochile said:

There is a SC 37 for around $50K?

15 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

There is a SC 37 for around $50K?

What's happening with the one in San Pee-dro?  Does it ever leave the dock?

Just now, silent bob said:

Nope!  Weirdly enough I was just talking to a client about it yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Nope!  Weirdly enough I was just talking to a client about it yesterday.

That dock has a history of unused boats!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Steam Flyer said:

And the Bahamas.

I could not bring a boat with 9' draft within about 20 miles of my dock. That's a long dinghy ride. On the plus side, I wouldn't have to fool with dock lines.

FB- Doug

Oh, its not that bad in the Bahamas. Swan 65, Swan 60, Fleming 55, and Fleming 65 all draw about 9-10 feet and we had little problem. Sure, some. But not much, and it never stopped us going where we intended to go.

On 8/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, silent bob said:

Not that I have seen in the past couple of years.