terrafirma

America's Cup Betting Odds

It had to start sooner or later. As more sites are publishing betting odds we can put them up. It's always fascinating because it provides some sort of quantifiable way to measure the teams even if it's only a betting book. Not sure if I agree with these odds but interesting to see the Italians as rank outsiders.  Not sure we can take this mob seriously as they name Oracle rather than NYYC LOL :D

https://www.zebet.fr/en/competition/16286-america_s_cup

OUTRIGHT BETTING

My money is on Artemis....3rd time lucky eh?? :lol:

• Like 1

Wow that is not what I'd expected.  Could they be building in the risk of the 2 other teams not being able to get to NZ or something?

Shouldn't they be betting on whether the event happens or not instead of who wins it? What with new cases showing up in New Zealand and not all the teams having arrived yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustinL42 said:

Shouldn't they be betting on whether the event happens or not instead of who wins it? What with new cases showing up in New Zealand and not all the teams having arrived yet.

Nah, its too far gone not to happen. It will just be in what form. Maybe without spectators.

4 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Nah, its too far gone not to happen. It will just be in what form. Maybe without spectators.

I feel like it's better on video anyway to be able to really see the race. Same with car racing. It's fun to go but you really only get to see a small portion of the race in person. Hopefully everything still goes off with all the teams being there.

18 hours ago, uflux said:

My money is on Artemis....3rd time lucky eh?? :lol:

Not Alinghi or Shoshosa?:D

14 hours ago, Forourselves said:

if there is outbreak during the regatta, it will be shut down in a heartbeat.

they should move everything to Palm Beach now, trump and Florida obviously aren’t shutting anything down. Then there’s the Devos connection to the AC and Trump.

17 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

if there is outbreak during the regatta, it will be shut down in a heartbeat.

they should move everything to Palm Beach now, trump and Florida obviously aren’t shutting anything down. Then there’s the Devos connection to the AC and Trump.

They’ll only shut it down if there is spectators. They may not allow spectators. Either way, it won’t affect the crews, they’re effectively isolated from the public anyway

If you are on an island, and no one can go there with out a 2 week isolation, how could an outbreak start?

If it did, that would mean they don't know how it, the "virus" travels/works...

Alternatively, if you are on an island with no cases of a virus, why would you need to social distance and wear a mask?

People cheat or are incompetent wrt incoming people. Asymptomatic people may be passing it around. Masks cut down on that.