yl75

New catamaran brand to be announced in September

The new brand is in fact a rebranding of Marsaudon composite TSs : ORC for (Ocean rider catamaran)

Not sure it's a good move, sound a bit tacky to me.

https://www.multicoques-mag.com/actualites-catamaran-trimaran/le-scoop-de-la-rentree-ts-devient-orc-avec-un-nouveau-57-en-prime

https://www.voileetmoteur.com/bateaux-a-moteur/actualites/chantiers/marsaudon-composites-lance-un-57-pieds-et-introduit-une-nouvelle-marque/98943

And this new cat is a Lombard design, not Christophe Barreau.

Seeing the number of posts, it seems like it has attracted a huge amount of interest ;)

3 minutes ago, EarthBM said:

You’ve got to give them points for the tiller, no wheel on a 57’!

6BD1FDC0-AF21-4D32-9767-206046F093C4.jpeg

That looks dangerously like a wheel in that pic.. tho tillers are an option by the looks 

Tiller-1-1536x957.png

1 hour ago, vokstar said:

That looks dangerously like a wheel in that pic.. tho tillers are an option by the looks 

Tiller-1-1536x957.png

You’re right, was looking at the nearly identical pic:

299A7F3E-5B73-4DAA-9DBC-AE60EE58E5FE.jpeg

• Like 1

I love it. Interesting that the designer is Mark Lombard, though. I thought Christophe Barreau had designed all of the previous TS boats. It still has the distinctive TS look. Im not sure about the rebranding, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soma said:

I love it. Interesting that the designer is Mark Lombard, though. I thought Christophe Barreau had designed all of the previous TS boats. It still has the distinctive TS look. Im not sure about the rebranding, though. 

Yes not sure why Barreau didn't design this one, one thing about Barreau is that he truly "assumes" the vertical front windows (the only thing making sense on a cruising racing cat, for visibility, aeration, and avoiding green house effect from the sun), without trying to hide them with protruding cockpit sides at the front (for the "speedy" look), like you see for instance on the last outremer 55, GB 68, or last Lombard designs for privileges (these protruding sides just making it longer if you want to reach the mast from the rear cockpit) :

model-image-2018-privilege-signature-580

(and on the old privileges from Lombard, the slanted front windows were really terrible, he at least moved out from that, but still wants to keep a bit of it).

However not so sure about the sideways slanted bows of Barreau, especially on the TS5.

By the way, wouldn't "Ocean Riding Catamarans" be better than "rider" ?

Ocean Riding sounds like a design concept. Ocean Rider at least sounds like a brand (not that I like much either).