Sign in to follow this  
kent_island_sailor

Australian View of Harris

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

No. A statement - be it a cartoon or words - needs to be understood in the context of the statement.

Awareness of the artist is not a prequisite and should not be a prerequisite for understanding such a statement. Awareness of the subject matter, yes. But the artist? No, the statement needs to stand or fall on it's own. I won't excuse racist bullshit just because it was created by a racist asshole.

Do you need to know Ben Garrison's life story to know his work is racist and misogynistic AF? His work speaks for itself.

I disagree.

1 misunderstood piece of work doesn't reflect on the artist like their whole body of work where there can be no misunderstanding....

As an example, sniffing hair once may be a bit weird, sniffing hair all the time is creepy....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I disagree.

1 misunderstood piece of work doesn't reflect on the artist like their whole body of work where there can be no misunderstanding....

As an example, sniffing hair once may be a bit weird, sniffing hair all the time is creepy....

We're going to have to disagree on this one. Making a flagrantly racist cartoon - even if it's the only one you do - reflects on your character.

But again, we're talking about the content of the message, not the character of the artist.

Dr. Suess - aka Theodore Geisel - did a lot of cartoons that were not for kids. Some were like this - political cartoons and commentary on the rise of fascism. This particular message seems as true today as it was when the KKK was marching under the "America First" banners.

But these were all done a long time ago, not last week or ten years ago.

image.thumb.png.d99cfcda8cbe706bcf133cdc59fd5836.png

Some where...less appealing. The question is how much do these images impact our feelings about a favorite children's book author? How much is his own racism, versus the cultural context of the times in which he lived?

This one...the Hitler is one thing, but the Hirohito is pretty over the top.

image.png.8cfabbc055f515ba2863aebc0f728f82.png

And this one..yikes.

seuss_woodpile.thumb.jpg.eae8a52a1a7dfceb9c7dfc204c91d6a5.jpg

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

We're going to have to disagree on this one. Making a flagrantly racist cartoon - even if it's the only one you do - reflects on your character.

But again, we're talking about the content of the message, not the character of the artist.

Dr. Suess - aka Theodore Geisel - did a lot of cartoons that were not for kids. Some were like this - political cartoons and commentary on the rise of fascism. This particular message seems as true today as it was when the KKK was marching under the "America First" banners.

But these were all done a long time ago, not last week or ten years ago.

image.thumb.png.d99cfcda8cbe706bcf133cdc59fd5836.png

Some where...less appealing. The question is how much do these images impact our feelings about a favorite children's book author? How much is his own racism, versus the cultural context of the times in which he lived?

This one...the Hitler is one thing, but the Hirohito is pretty over the top.

image.png.8cfabbc055f515ba2863aebc0f728f82.png

And this one..yikes.

seuss_woodpile.thumb.jpg.eae8a52a1a7dfceb9c7dfc204c91d6a5.jpg

I think we're missing each other.

It might be clearer if I say that an singular piece "may" be a cause of misunderstanding or misrepresentation.

"May" being important!

But a single, blatant piece can definitely tell the story, as much as a body of work.

The dr is an interesting example. My guess is they are not outliers of their time.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:45 PM, Recidivist said:

Jaysus - talk about a non-sequitur ...

My comment was addressing a specific issue that you were firing up about.  It did not purport to address anything else, let alone "all of it".  

Mel bothering to read a post? But that gets in the way of her offering you your opinion, one can't have that.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Mel bothering to read a post? But that gets in the way of her offering you your opinion, one can't have that.   

Article in the Australian today, aimed directly at the 'faux outrage' Twitterati like Meli. Made the point - which was bleeding obvious if you spent 1/10 of a second thinking - that the cartoon was aimed directly at *Biden* not Harris.

But of course she'll never read it that article. It's outside her 'safe space'.

FKT

On 8/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, kent_island_sailor said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear - I am very much NOT in favor of this.

Plain(er) English - WTF is going on in Australia that they think this is a good idea? Seems to be out of a time warp.

Better? My post was supposed to indicate confustion as to how such a thing is possible.

However anyone feels about it, Biden, supported by the DNC, said his pick would be a black female.  Some have contended this in itself is racist and misogynistic.  It's not a stretch to say the cartoon was accurate.  I know this will piss off DNC party loyalists but that cartoon may not be far off from the truth.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

However anyone feels about it, Biden, supported by the DNC, said his pick would be a black female.  Some have contended this in itself is racist and misogynistic.  It's not a stretch to say the cartoon was accurate.  I know this will piss off DNC party loyalists but that cartoon may not be far off from the truth.

That is every VP pick ever except the first couple or so when it was the runner-up.

Age, sex, religion, party, home state, and 100 other things are analyzed to try and add to the total vote count. If a horny midget would put Biden over the top, then a horny midget would be on the ticket. In the case of an 80 year old or so white establishment guy, another one of those was NOT going to help.

• Like 1

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

That is every VP pick ever except the first couple or so when it was the runner-up.

Age, sex, religion, party, home state, and 100 other things are analyzed to try and add to the total vote count. If a horny midget would put Biden over the top, then a horny midget would be on the ticket.

Yeah, but before now, no one was saying, "We are looking for a horny midget for VP."

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah, but before now, no one was saying, "We are looking for a horny midget for VP."

Fails the Chrisjen Avasarala test for sure.

In private: Listen you low rent dumpster diving sheep-fucker, I'll have videos of you and your rent-boys playing on every screen in the solar system if you don't vote my way on this bill.

In public: We have put the good of the people ahead of partisan politics and passed this bill with bipartisan support :rolleyes:

When-people-dont-tell-the-truth-it-alway

46 minutes ago, Jules said:

Sure they were. They just said it like this

The fundamental principle behind any selection of a running mate would be whether that person is fully prepared to take over, and shares your values, your principles, your philosophy and your priorities," he said. "I think that's the first and only real criteria for the selection of a running mate."

McCain on his VP selection criteria.

13 hours ago, Jules said:

Is she qualified?

On 8/15/2020 at 1:33 AM, kent_island_sailor said:

It manages to be both sexist and racist and we'll throw in age-ist too if that is a thing. Like her or not, Kamala Harris is not a little girl.

You are quite right of course. Biden didn't pick her just because she was young.

52 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Is she qualified?

America didn't give a fuck about that last time around.

The stupid cunts voted for a Reality TV Star.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, ModernViking said:

I would never have thought, that the salty crowd in here, were the ones to be offended by a satire cartoon.
WTF

Bingo. Well said. That's the great thing about not being American. We can laugh at both Biden and Trump. Maybe they could come up with a candidate for President who isn't so funny. Or old.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, Rok Dog said:

If that cartoon is racist then Joe Biden is racist.   That’s the point of the cartoon.

Biden is clever, if he acts like a racist he will take votes off Trump!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, Shortforbob said:

So, you don't think we have indiginous people in the library in melbourne?

Not this week you don't. But where else are they going to get free water in St Kilda?

A View of Harris..

header-1813.jpg

33 minutes ago, astro said:
1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Is she qualified?

America didn't give a fuck about that last time around.

The stupid cunts voted for a Reality TV Star.

More Americans voted for the qualified candidate than the Reality TV star.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:32 AM, jzk said:

Yes, it is representing Biden's actual racism and sexism.  Shocking that few are are offended by Biden's actual racism.

I don’t think it’s quite that simple.  Biden’s comment ‘Unlike the African American community the .... are very diverse...’. Is somewhat true in that they continually vote in the neighborhood of 95% Democrat.  The Dems don’t care about them because their votes are pretty much a lock.   

On 8/15/2020 at 9:16 PM, B.J. Porter said:

Does it matter, if they can dismiss her selection as Affirmative Action?

If Affirmative Action is the basis for ones selection the Biden/Harris ticket is tough to beat.  

Female - check

Minority - check

Disability - check

15 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Age, sex, religion, party, home state, and 100 other things are analyzed to try and add to the total vote count. If a horny midget would put Biden over the top, then a horny midget would be on the ticket. In the case of an 80 year old or so white establishment guy, another one of those was NOT going to help.

‘Midget’ has not been PC for quite some time.  You must be an angry old white Republican.

29 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

More Americans voted for the qualified candidate than the Reality TV star.

To you that makes Michelle Obama the one and only qualified person in the US?

15 hours ago, Jules said:

She has a history supporting the horny part though doesn’t she...

2 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

To you that makes Michelle Obama the one and only qualified person in the US?

Are  you drunk already? WTF are you talking about?

In 2016 Michelle Obama wasn't running, you moron.

If Affirmative Action is the basis for ones selection the Biden/Harris ticket is tough to beat.  

Female - check

Minority - check

Disability - check

Racism - check

Misogyny - check

Is Harris - a sitting Senator and the former AG for one of the largest states in the union - qualified for the office of VP?

Yes or no question, you malignant, racist, fuckhead.

YES or NO.

5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Racism - check

Misogyny - check

Is Harris - a sitting Senator and the former AG for one of the largest states in the union - qualified for the office of VP?

YES or NO.

She is not qualified to be a VP.  Based her lack of support in the primaries even Democrats don’t think she’s a good choice.  So why choose her when there were so many others who had much more support?

How is supporting your point about Affirmative Action racist and misogynistic? 

19 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Racism - check

Misogyny - check

YES or NO.

She is a natural born citizen and old enough, so she is qualified.  But the Democrats certainly didn't think she would make a good president, and picking her as the running mate is only going to increase Trump's odds of winning.  

20 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Are  you drunk already? WTF are you talking about?

In 2016 Michelle Obama wasn't running, you moron.

You posted more people voted for the qualified candidate in 2016.   The reason Cankles made it that far was who she was married to.  She’s too unlike able to have made that far on her own.  

1 minute ago, jzk said:

She is a natural born citizen and old enough, so she is qualified.  But the Democrats certainly didn't think she would make a good president, and picking her as the running mate is only going to increase Trump's odds of winning.  

You beat me to it.

37 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

You beat me to it.

I'd be happy to bet you my house, boat and first born on that. 

America might have some issues, but not everyone is that pathetically lost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

I'd be happy to bet you my house, boat and first born on that. 

America might have some issues, but not everyone is that pathetically lost. 

Do you not like your oldest child?  Not everyone might be lost, not even a majority by a long shot, but our crappy "fuck democracy" method of electing presidents doesn't seem to give a shit about what the majority of Americans want.  3 million people are a crap load of people.  Trump lost democracy, but "won" the rigged system.  He just may be able to do it again with even more people voting against him this time.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:42 AM, Shortforbob said:

And there one can get bogged down again into all the isms.

Racism, sexism.

It's about intent, it's about changing attitudes. There's so many facets to this yet many people weaponise these things for political expedience.

Both Joe Biden and Trump grew up in a different era. are they both racist? Are they both sexist? Probably to a greater or lesser extent.

I think one has to consider the intent behind their old white guy words and their advisors should be talking to them. 

Which would listen?

I'm happy to highlight that we completely agree.  Too many people are more interested in validating their own perceptions than in understanding what was intended by a comment or action.  Good onya for sharing this. 

On 8/18/2020 at 2:48 AM, B.J. Porter said:

Racism - check

Misogyny - check

YES or NO.

BJ - Yes, I think she is qualified.  But I haven't yet run across any document that spells out the required quals to be appointed POTUS & VPOTUS - other than minimum age and citizenship status.  

The fact is, as you well know, there are NO "qualifications" for either of those offices except for what is spelled out in the Big Connie as to age, citizenship, etc.  For the rest, It's totally up to the voters to determine that.  If the voters want to vote in an incompetent jackass or deem the only required trait is to be a Horney Midget in a circus act, then that is what is required to be POTUS for that time around.  So asking a pointed yes or no question is disingenuous.  Because what YOU think is a min qualification might not be shared by others and vice versa.  Are there "desired traits" we would like to see in a POTUS?  Absolutely.  But it is just that: "desired".  So to recap, if a candidate gets a vote from someone, then they have, by default met that voter's min qualification.  It doesn't mean they will do well, but they are "qualified".

The Constitution lists only three qualifications for the Presidency — the President must be 35 years of age, be a natural born citizen, and must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

35 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

BJ - Yes, I think she is qualified.  But I haven't yet run across any document that spells out the required quals to be appointed POTUS & VPOTUS - other than minimum age and citizenship status.  

The fact is, as you well know, there are NO "qualifications" for either of those offices except for what is spelled out in the Big Connie as to age, citizenship, etc.  For the rest, It's totally up to the voters to determine that.  If the voters want to vote in an incompetent jackass or deem the only required trait is to be a Horney Midget in a circus act, then that is what is required to be POTUS for that time around.  So asking a pointed yes or no question is disingenuous.  Because what YOU think is a min qualification might not be shared by others and vice versa.  Are there "desired traits" we would like to see in a POTUS?  Absolutely.  But it is just that: "desired".  So to recap, if a candidate gets a vote from someone, then they have, by default met that voter's min qualification.  It doesn't mean they will do well, but they are "qualified".

Anything to make you feel better about your vote for Trump.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, LB 15 said:

Bingo. Well said. That's the great thing about not being American. We can laugh at both Biden and Trump. Maybe they could come up with a candidate for President who isn't so funny. Or old.

Not funny is well covered.

Old - not so much.

Both sides seem determined to drive, what I believe, used to be a great country into the ground.

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

The fact is, as you well know, there are NO "qualifications" for either of those offices except for what is spelled out in the Big Connie as to age, citizenship, etc........

Time to change the constitution?

Assuming Australian citizenship and law/convictions, Trump wouldn’t qualify in Australia on possibly several counts. Biden and Harris would:

Constitutional provisions

A person is incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a Member of the House of Representatives if the person:

• is a subject or citizen of a foreign power or is under an acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign power;
  • is attainted (convicted) of treason;
  • has been convicted and is under sentence or subject to be sentenced for an offence punishable by imprisonment for one year or longer under a State or Commonwealth law;
  • is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent;
  • holds any office of profit under the Crown or any pension payable during the pleasure of the Crown out of any Commonwealth revenues (but this does not apply to:
    • Commonwealth Ministers
    • State Ministers
    • officers or members of the Queen’s Armed Forces in receipt of pay, half-pay or pension
    • officers or members of the Armed Forces of the Commonwealth in receipt of pay but whose services are not wholly employed by the Commonwealth); or
    • has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Commonwealth Public Service in any way other than as a member in common with other members of an incorporated company consisting of more than 25 persons.[9]

(Office holders of the Parliament, such as the Speaker and President, do not hold offices under the Crown.)

A Member of the House of Representatives also becomes disqualified if he or she:

• takes the benefit, whether by assignment, composition, or otherwise, of any law relating to bankrupt or insolvent debtors; or 
  • directly or indirectly takes or agrees to take any fee or honorarium for services rendered to the Commonwealth, or for services rendered in the Parliament to any person or State.[10]

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/House_of_Representatives/Powers_practice_and_procedure/Practice7/HTML/Chapter5/Qualifications_and_disqualifications

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Anything to make you feel better about your vote for Trump.

I've already numerous times very clearly said I'm not voting for trump.  Why do you continue to lie?  Any shred of credibility you may have once had is being torn asunder due to your constant and repeated lies.  

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I've already numerous times very clearly said I'm not voting for trump.  Why do you continue to lie?  Any shred of credibility you may have once had is being torn asunder due to your constant and repeated lies.  

So you're voting for Biden/Harris then?

And if so, why?

Oh shit - no cartoonist could even have thougt this up :lol:
Don't get me wrong. Personally I think that it's unfair to judge anyone by what their ancestors did a long time ago, but I can also see how many will struggle to use that argument in this particular debate.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:08 PM, jzk said:

How is this possibly relevant to a VP pick?

Pence wasn't even a candidate. 

On 8/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, bridhb said:

Do you not like your oldest child?  Not everyone might be lost, not even a majority by a long shot, but our crappy "fuck democracy" method of electing presidents doesn't seem to give a shit about what the majority of Americans want.  3 million people are a crap load of people.  Trump lost democracy, but "won" the rigged system.  He just may be able to do it again with even more people voting against him this time.

Clinton lost the popular majority by 14 million votes in ‘92.  

56 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

Oh shit - no cartoonist could even have thougt this up :lol:
Don't get me wrong. Personally I think that it's unfair to judge anyone by what their ancestors did a long time ago, but I can also see how many will struggle to use that argument in this particular debate.

D'Nesh "Thighland" D'Souza, for lack of a more concise definition, a complete fucking idiot.

Anyone who takes this dim-bulb ex-con right wing hack seriously is, by extensions, also a complete fucking idiot.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

D'Nesh "Thighland" D'Souza, for lack of a more concise definition, a complete fucking idiot.

Anyone who takes this dim-bulb ex-con right wing hack seriously is, by extensions, also a complete fucking idiot.

Yeah thats a way to deal with it.
I have no idea who he is, but if it is true I can see Trump use this again and again - it would certainly not be benath that idiot.

28 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

We already know you think anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.  Why do you keep repeating yourself - are you an idiot?

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I've already numerous times very clearly said I'm not voting for trump.

Switching votes Jeffy?  Fucked it up last time hey?

2 hours ago, ModernViking said:

I have no idea who he is, but if it is true I can see Trump use this again and again - it would certainly not be benath that idiot.

We already know you think anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.  Why do you keep repeating yourself - are you an idiot?

You two clowns need to check your sources.

The lefties eat each other.

Kamala didn't answer anything just deflections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WabvabWvv8k&feature=emb_title

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

You two clowns need to check your sources.

What a great response - you solved the issue.
JFC

5 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Clinton lost the popular majority by 14 million votes in ‘92.  

And Bush lost it by a lot more, thanks to Perot.  There probably should have been a runoff, but unfortunately, that isn't in our rules.

9 hours ago, ModernViking said:

What a great response - you solved the issue.
JFC

A lot of issues would be solved if you stopped getting your information from trashmongers and idiots, yes.

You're welcome.

16 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Personally I think that it's unfair to judge anyone by what their ancestors did a long time ago, but ...

Same old shill tactic, there is always a big BUT!

Someone who claims that their father died for COVID-19, then posts 'nothing to see here' disinformation about it, now tries the same tactic with disinformation about racism.

Got any more Climate Change Denial stuff for us?

15 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Oh COME on. 

Dinesh D'souza ain't exactly a newcomer.  Look at his track record. 

What's your next trick?  An Alex Jones video, and claiming you don't know who he is? 

On 8/19/2020 at 5:50 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

So you're voting for Biden/Harris then?

And if so, why?

Yes, I am.  I said this not to long ago and spelled out why.  Try search.  But in short - 2 main reasons..... 

1) trump and all his GOP cronies that enabled him need to go down with him in flames.  If that takes out the entire GOP, then so be it.  BTBD as I've been saying for almost 4 year now.  

2) We need some adults in charge for a bit.  I may not like all or even most of Joe and Kammie's core policies.  But I see them first trying to do no more harm.  For now, that's good enough.  I don't see a Biden Presidency being anything exciting or flashy or even revolutionary.  But I think he is adult enough to stabilize the bleeding.  And I think he is mature and stable enough to not go on a widespread revenge campaign against the GOP.  Which many of the far left "progressives" are hungry for.  

The one thing that Biden will NOT do, IMHO, is make the needed changes to address our nation's serious structural ills and societal weaknesses.  Both trump and the CV-19 pandemic really exposed America's shortcomings in how we govern and take care of our people.  The issues are too many to list here.  I started a thread about them a few weeks back.  But after this "caretaker" administration - we are going to need someone to tackle the really intractable problems.  It need a bit of a radical/revolutionary approach because we have been broken for a while and it's not getting any better.

Hope that answered your question.

48 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

The one thing that Biden will NOT do, IMHO, is make the needed changes to address our nation's serious structural ills and societal weaknesses.  Both trump and the CV-19 pandemic really exposed America's shortcomings in how we govern and take care of our people.  The issues are too many to list here. 

OMFG ! A note of reason !!  Way to go !! 

Any time is a good time for discussions of structural reform . .  

These gents have some very good analysis and ideas for change 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45894166-the-triumph-of-injustice

The Triumph of Injustice ( Digital 2020 )

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Oh COME on. 

Dinesh D'souza ain't exactly a newcomer.  Look at his track record. 

What's your next trick?  An Alex Jones video, and claiming you don't know who he is? 

I have no idea who he is (I got the clip from a friend on platform that we do not talk about in here). What has he done wrong?
Come on yourself - this is a CARTOON thread, and I just found this to be quite funny.
I hope it isn't true, but it could be trouble.
I hope Biden gets elected (even though I think there were better candidates to choose from), just so we are clear on that - I reckon that without that disclaimer I will end up with -666 - oh well I might anyay.

:lol:

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

A lot of issues would be solved if you stopped getting your information from trashmongers and idiots, yes.

You're welcome.

So you're saying that I shouldn't listen to you.
Well I figured that out a long time ago, but thanks for the confirmation.

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Yes, I am.  I said this not to long ago and spelled out why.  Try search.  But in short - 2 main reasons..... 

1) trump and all his GOP cronies that enabled him need to go down with him in flames.  If that takes out the entire GOP, then so be it.  BTBD as I've been saying for almost 4 year now.  

2) We need some adults in charge for a bit.  I may not like all or even most of Joe and Kammie's core policies.  But I see them first trying to do no more harm.  For now, that's good enough.  I don't see a Biden Presidency being anything exciting or flashy or even revolutionary.  But I think he is adult enough to stabilize the bleeding.  And I think he is mature and stable enough to not go on a widespread revenge campaign against the GOP.  Which many of the far left "progressives" are hungry for.  

The one thing that Biden will NOT do, IMHO, is make the needed changes to address our nation's serious structural ills and societal weaknesses.  Both trump and the CV-19 pandemic really exposed America's shortcomings in how we govern and take care of our people.  The issues are too many to list here.  I started a thread about them a few weeks back.  But after this "caretaker" administration - we are going to need someone to tackle the really intractable problems.  It need a bit of a radical/revolutionary approach because we have been broken for a while and it's not getting any better.

Hope that answered your question.

I'm just glad you think Biden and Harris have the qualifications needed for the job as you've described above.

59 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

So you're saying that I shouldn't listen to you.
Well I figured that out a long time ago, but thanks for the confirmation.

No, I'm saying when you say "I don't know who this guy is but I like what he says" without 1) knowing who he is and 2) checking the truth behind what he's saying it makes you look like an idiot when the source in question is a known liar, convicted felon and proven right wing shill.

This is a guy that went to the mat the other day on Twitter arguing that "thighland" was in fact an appropriate way to pronounce "Thailand" because he's so tied to slobbering Trump's knob it's the only way he can stay relevant.

But I guess you got to be you, and looking like an idiot may be what's natural. So go with your strengths.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:00 AM, Shortforbob said:

How is this possibly relevant to a VP pick?

Pence wasn't even a candidate. 

The only purpose of VP is to be P if needed.  And it is looking like it will be needed.

1 minute ago, jzk said:

The only purpose of VP is to be P if needed.  And it is looking like it will be needed.

:lol: dumbest poster in PA chimes in with his dumbfuckery. :lol:

12 minutes ago, jzk said:

If pee is needed, then I thank you for explaining the reason and purpose of Pence.

14 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, I'm saying when you say "I don't know who this guy is but I like what he says" without 1) knowing who he is and 2) checking the truth behind what he's saying it makes you look like an idiot when the source in question is a known liar, convicted felon and proven right wing shill.

This is a guy that went to the mat the other day on Twitter arguing that "thighland" was in fact an appropriate way to pronounce "Thailand" because he's so tied to slobbering Trump's knob it's the only way he can stay relevant.

But I guess you got to be you, and looking like an idiot may be what's natural. So go with your strengths.

What you have demonstrated so far is that you are a blithering idiot, spewing "you are an idiot" from  your 53 foot Halberg Rassy shitbox with rotten teak deck.
You are clearly not reading, or even understanding what I wrote, but no need to get into that, when anyone with an IQ above 70 can see that.
This kind of shit is what is getting Trump four more years in office and it is all on idiots like you.
Have fun with that.

21 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

What you have demonstrated so far is that you are a blithering idiot, spewing "you are an idiot" from  your 53 foot Halberg Rassy shitbox with rotten teak deck.
You are clearly not reading, or even understanding what I wrote, but no need to get into that, when anyone with an IQ above 70 can see that.
This kind of shit is what is getting Trump four more years in office and it is all on idiots like you.
Have fun with that.

I understand what you wrote. But what you wrote is not very smart. 

That seems like your problem, not mine.

I have no concerns about my IQ or the state of my teak decks. I am a little worried about you though.

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I have no concerns about my IQ or the state of my teak decks. I am a little worried about you though.

B.J. you are drunk - go to bed :D

3 minutes ago, ModernViking said:
15 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

B.J. you are drunk - go to bed 

And you are stupid, it's 9:30 in the morning in New Zealand.

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

Oh shit - didn't know - I just assumed that you were in the US :)
Have a nice day then !

3 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

Oh shit - didn't know - I just assumed that you were in the US :)
Have a nice day then !

I'm an American, but I'm in New Zealand. We sailed here.

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

I'm an American, but I'm in New Zealand. We sailed here.

OK, I respect that.
I only sail in local waters here in the cold north, but some day...... :-) 

1 hour ago, ModernViking said:

OK, I respect that.
I only sail in local waters here in the cold north, but some day...... :-) 

Ah, I see from your profile you joined some time after I took off sailing so you wouldn't necessarily know that I'm a full time cruiser.

Most of the older timers here knew me back when I was land-bound, but we set sail in 2012. It doesn't get much discussion now.

29 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Ah, I see from your profile you joined some time after I took off sailing so you wouldn't necessarily know that I'm a full time cruiser.

Most of the older timers here knew me back when I was land-bound, but we set sail in 2012. It doesn't get much discussion now.

8 years? 1 ocean?

You call yours cruiser.......

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

8 years? 1 ocean?

You call yours cruiser.......

Two oceans (Atlantic, Pacific), several seas (Caribbean, Coral, Tasman) though we didn't cross the Atlantic, yeah.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
8 hours ago, ModernViking said:

B.J. you are drunk - go to bed 

You make it sound like it would be impossible to be drunk at 0930.  Just saying.

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

You make it sound like it would be impossible to be drunk at 0930.  Just saying.

Maybe somebody never worked a night shift and stopped for a beer after work.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:41 AM, Burning Man said:

Well I have managed a few times, to not yet be sober at 0930, so there is that.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

I'm just glad you think Biden and Harris have the qualifications needed for the job as you've described above.

When did I ever give you the impression that I did not think they possessed the needed job quals??

8 hours ago, Burning Man said:

When did I ever give you the impression that I did not think they possessed the needed job quals??

When you started a thread saying Harris was a mistake....

On 8/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, Burning Man said:

I still think it’s a mistake, especially given the current climate around BLM, law and order And her aggressive stances on her prosecutorial desciisions regarding social justice. 

I wish her luck, but there were better candidates. Susan Rice in particular. Shrug. 

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

When you started a thread saying Harris was a mistake....

So, in short, never.

You *do* realise that it doesn't damage him at all when you make shit up and falsely attribute it to him? It just makes you look like a liar.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So, in short, never.

You *do* realise that it doesn't damage him at all when you make shit up and falsely attribute it to him? It just makes you look like a liar.

FKT

So he didn't say Harris is a mistake? Started a thread even?

Or Biden and Harris are qualified?

Maybe you could explain how being responsible for such a mistake would be considered an appropriate qualification?

Maybe even stretch your explanation to cover how an impression could be formed based on those statements?

I mean, if you're going to call sometime a liar, at least have the balls to own it.