Sign in to follow this  
kent_island_sailor

Herschel Walker WTF at RNC

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

knew the Democrats should have saved a spot for Trump's sister. If she said he's a racist, I believe her. She also said he is an incorrigible liar, an academic cheat, a phony, someone who never reads, but what does she know? she only lived with him for half a century.

21 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:
3 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

One time I planned to take his kids to Disney World with my family. At the last minute, Donald said he’d like to join us. So there he was in a business suit on It’s a Small World ride.

Who wears a suit to Disney World?

My point was I cannot conceive of this happening AT ALL.

Well, it's flawed on a bunch of levels, but just assume it's true for a little while, just for the sake of arguing the point

Trump didn't take time to be with his kids, but then he made time unexpectedly.

This is good parenting? An example of a good father?

I think that the "there he was in a business suit on It's A Small World" story line is supposed to summon up a vision of a guy who's having fun with his kids on short notice, who's prepared to look out of place or foolish, for the sake of his kids & family life. Going for the warm, fuzzy, goofy-dad, vibe.

This is the exact opposite of everything Trump has always portrayed himself as being.

But the Trumpalos do not notice petty details like this. They'll lap it up, and the titillating scare of seeing a black man on their TV will add emphasis.

- DSK

26 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

There was a point in my business life where 12-15 hour work days were common. When my kids had school events, I made sure I was there for each one of them, often in a suit and tie.If I had time, or the occasion to think about it, I would get rid of the coat and tie. My vote is for Trump, I could really see that happening.

27 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Herschel Walker had a 'personal services contract ' with Trump, not just a contract to play football for the Generals.
So personal appearances, sell real estate, clean bathrooms, etc 

More likely when the league folded Herschel was redirected to be Trump's babysitter  and take the kids to Disneyworld.

Trump   shows up in a suit to pick them up.

1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:

Herschel Walker had a 'personal services contract ' with Trump, not just a contract to play football for the Generals.

So, a non-disparagement clause.

20 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

There was a point in my business life where 12-15 hour work days were common. When my kids had school events, I made sure I was there for each one of them, often in a suit and tie.If I had time, or the occasion to think about it, I would get rid of the coat and tie. My vote is for Trump, I could really see that happening.

You would travel 1,000 miles each way without a change of clothes?

27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, it's flawed on a bunch of levels, but just assume it's true for a little while, just for the sake of arguing the point

I think that the "there he was in a business suit on It's A Small World" story line is supposed to summon up a vision of a guy who's having fun with his kids on short notice, who's prepared to look out of place or foolish, for the sake of his kids & family life. Going for the warm, fuzzy, goofy-dad, vibe.

This is the exact opposite of everything Trump has always portrayed himself as being.

But the Trumpalos do not notice petty details like this. They'll lap it up, and the titillating scare of seeing a black man on their TV will add emphasis.

- DSK

I thought Trump had made it clear he was as uninvolved as possible with the kids when they were young. This would be like a friend of Ocasio-Cortez telling us all about the time she helped run the Ayn Rand celebration. It is just :unsure:

8 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

You would travel 1,000 miles each way without a change of clothes?

Sure, but not often.Denver is a thousand miles from L.A. It's a simple day trip.

13 hours ago, The Joker said:

Yep last week the Dems rolled out a Woman of color that spent 28 years in prison convicted of the kidnapping, torture, rape and murder of a gay man.  

Gay?  He was kidnapped by 3 young women pretending to be prostitutes  -  he thought he was about to have a foursome with them.

4 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Gay?  He was kidnapped by 3 young women pretending to be prostitutes  -  he thought he was about to have a foursome with them.

They keep rerunning a “highlight” where Walker says he is sick of the name calling.

I don’t know if that is hilarious or profoundly disappointing 

If I were on the Biden team there would already be an ad or even an ad series in production. Biden would say, “I agree with Hershel Walker.” with Walker’s name calling clip played repeatedly between Gropenfurher Disrespectfully calling people names.

Ads could be made with:

*FAUX news people calling others names, 
* Rush Calling people names 

* the Gropenfuhrer family calling people names 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Oh he was straight. I heard otherwise.  Does it make a difference in the DNC using her at their convention?  

47 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Oh he was straight. I heard otherwise.  Does it make a difference in the DNC using her at their convention?  

There's no way to talk about that, without a discussion about rehabilitation, redemption, and such.  I have zero hope that conversation wouldn't be a waste of time, which is why I didn't bother. 

Just taking an easy potshot at a factual mistake that demonstrates you didn't bother to familiarize yourself with the case at all.

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

They keep rerunning a “highlight” where Walker says he is sick of the name calling.

I don’t know if that is hilarious or profoundly disappointing 

If I were on the Biden team there would already be an ad or even an ad series in production. Biden would say, “I agree with Hershel Walker.” with Walker’s name calling clip played repeatedly between Gropenfurher Disrespectfully calling people names.

Ads could be made with:

*FAUX news people calling others names, 
* Rush Calling people names 

* the Gropenfuhrer family calling people names 

Honestly - not shitting you - when I walked in the room with the TV going and Walker was on I thought it was a rerun of a SNL spoof or something. I kept thinking "This cannot POSSIBLY be serious". The Onion staff once again commits suicide and this time they mean it!

25 minutes ago, frenchie said:

There's no way to talk about that, without a discussion about rehabilitation, redemption, and such.  I have zero hope that conversation wouldn't be a waste of time, which is why I didn't bother. 

Just taking an easy potshot at a factual mistake that demonstrates you didn't bother to familiarize yourself with the case at all.

I don't really care to rehash it.  If she has found God and is making herself a better person GOOD, she paid her dues.      She still was convicted of a heinous crime and in my opinion had no business on the national stage.  Some things simply to evil to gloss over.   She kidnapped and  tortured a guy for 15 days until he died.

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Oh he was straight. 

I'm guessing your source is an ex-girlfriend.  

5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm guessing your source is an ex-girlfriend.  

No one of the killers made the statement  an article I read must have picked it up - Just so you know what this lovely DNC  speaker was involved in.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/democrats-showcase-a-violent-murder-in-their-dnc-video/

“Vigliarole believed the three girls were prostitutes who were going to have sex with him. Instead, they picked him up on March 8 in Elmhurst, Queens, at Maria’s home, and drugged him to make him drowsy.

Then they drove him to Selma’s apartment in Harlem. The apartment had already been prepared for an extended torture session: The closet door had been cut, a pot put in it for use as a toilet, the windows boarded.

“For the next 15 to 20 days (police aren’t sure just when Vigliarole died), the man was starved, burned, beaten, and tortured.

(Even 10 years later, Spurling could recall Rita’s chilling response when they questioned her about shoving a three-foot metal bar up Vigliarole’s rear: “He was a homo anyway.” How did she know? “When I stuck the bar up his rectum he wiggled.”)

“[New York City Detective William] Spurling himself interviewed Donna: “I couldn’t believe this girl who was so intelligent and nice-looking could be so unemotional about what she was telling me she and her friends had done.

They’d squeezed the victim’s testicles with a pair of pliers, beat him, burned him. Actually, I thought the judge’s sentence was lenient. Once a jailbird, always a jailbird.”

Just now, The Joker said:

No one of the killers made the statement  an article I read must have picked it up - Just so you know what this lovely DNC  speaker was involved in.

Does she define me any more than Epstein defines you?

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I don't really care to rehash it.  If she has found God and is making herself a better person GOOD, she paid her dues.      She still was convicted of a heinous crime and in my opinion had no business on the national stage.  Some things simply to evil to gloss over.   She kidnapped and  tortured a guy for 15 days until he died.

Trump gives war criminals the national stage and wants to torture migrants. Fuck off.

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

• Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

edit: it gets better https://boingboing.net/2020/08/06/this-shady-police-news-website.html

once again shitty right wing propaganda dumped by th3 joke

6 hours ago, The Joker said:

I guess his message was not something you and the left were prepared for.  

Edit my bad on reading this.   I’ll leave the point that does matter. 

Not at all. We know there are plenty of black people who will speak for Trump. There's nothing unexpected about it.

No one has heard much from Herschel Walker in a while, so I imagine a few younger people had to google him.

But that the GOP plans to trot as many black people out to praise Trump as possible is completely expected.

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Yeah, it's tough to picture the guy who reportedly slapped Jr. in the face when he picked him up from college for a baseball game and Jr. wasn't wearing a suit participating in family fun like this.

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Does she define me any more than Epstein defines you?

Epstein? Thanks for reminding me. The Democrats trotted out Bill Clinton who was photographed getting a  “massage” by one of Epstein’s victims 

A84BFFFF-B87C-4BB8-8D06-FC7188014964.jpeg

15 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Epstein? Thanks for reminding me. The Democrats trotted out Bill Clinton who was photographed getting a  “massage” by one of Epstein’s victims 

A84BFFFF-B87C-4BB8-8D06-FC7188014964.jpeg

Airport waiting lounge? DMV?

19 hours ago, The Joker said:

What do they call it when someone plays the Nazi card?  Only took 11 posts. 

Reality?

48 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You REALLY want to go there with discrediting someone with Epstein?

You literally spend your days performing forum fellatio on one of Epstein's biggest party pals for years. You want him for president again, and you defend him and his policies on a daily basis. How dare you make noises about Clinton, you hypocrite!

image.thumb.png.530d94631bf079997a1a7afe30e306f8.pngimage.png.e013ae51f5c5696535d0e551c144913b.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Airport waiting lounge? DMV?

Private jet lounge. Some are fancy, some are not.

5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
  • Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

edit: it gets better https://boingboing.net/2020/08/06/this-shady-police-news-website.html

once again shitty right wing propaganda dumped by th3 joke

However shitty that source, the bit he quoted's actually from Psychology Today; they did a long piece on her, in '95:  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/199507/crime-and-punishment

Wikipedia also uses that article a lot.  

It's just that some of us bother to click on links and read source material; others, don't.

41 minutes ago, frenchie said:

It's just that some of us bother to click on links and read source material; others, don't.

I find the laundering of rightwing talking points & the weird sources more interesting than their latest fauxtrage. The Joke, Bravobravo, Dog, have had the weirdest collection of “sources”. That’s of far more importance than redemption- because those dumb fucks aren’t going to “change their minds” until they get better sources.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:52 PM, The Joker said:

I wondered how the left would try and deflect from that speech.  A popular African American comes out of nowhere to destroy the entire DNC mantra that the president is a racist.

I guess calling the Black man a liar is one way. 

Yep.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:59 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Herschel Walker hasn’t been popular this millenia, bullshitter. But @A guy in the Chesapeake still thinks you are knowledgeable 

Speak for yourself.  There are a lot of Americans who know who Herschel Walker is and are big fans.  The guy was a super stud on the gridiron.

23 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

If a 20 year old black man who was NOT an elite athlete came looking to Trump for help, does anyone (except Joker and the dummies) have any illusions about how that would go down? If a 20 year old black man - elite athlete or no - came to Trump looking for help and he could not benefit Trump in any way does anyone rational expect he'd ever get by Trump's security?

When Trump helped Walker back in the 80s, he worked for Trump's USFL team and a happy and productive Walker made the team's chances better. Of course he was there for him.

Trump STILL wants to execute the Central Park Five, even though they've been exonerated and someone else confessed he refuses to admit he was wrong to call for their deaths.

Biden was the architect for imprisoning millions a blacks.  You think if Kamala was white Biden would have anything to do with her?

14 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

More likely when the league folded Herschel was redirected to be Trump's babysitter  and take the kids to Disneyworld.

Trump   shows up in a suit to pick them up.

Orrrr...maybe they just wanted to go to Disney with their kids together.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:29 PM, warbird said:

Sad that liberals measure the validity of a message by the color of the messenger!

They all think alike according to Joe Biden.   

6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Has the word token been used yet?

I heard someone use it regarding Kamala.

59 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Biden was the architect for imprisoning millions a blacks.  You think if Kamala was white Biden would have anything to do with her?

You misspelled "Reagan."

Read a fucking book for once in your life, you numpty.

Obama & Biden didn't do great things with incarceration, but it went big-scale under Reagan. If you want to throw shade at any Democrat, Clinton did some shitty stuff.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/war-on-drugs

On 8/25/2020 at 12:00 PM, Raz'r said:

He’s a rich, famous negro. Not one of the ones you want to restrict wrt gunz.

If he supports Trump then he aint black according to Biden

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you want to throw shade at any Democrat, Clinton did some shitty stuff.

Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEAj2qbB3DA&feature=emb_title

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Obama & Biden didn't do great things with incarceration,

That's correct, they didn't do shit.

7 hours ago, Venom said:
14 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Obama & Biden didn't do great things with incarceration,

That's correct, they didn't do shit.

I'm sure you value the political points very much. I'm also sure you didn't give fuck #1 about it until you could dunk on it.

And I am 100% sure when Obama commuted the sentences of thousands of drug offenders who got hammered with mandatory sentencing you bitched loudly about him being soft on crime and criminals.

As usual though, the right wing talking points are not particularly accurate or true.

My complaints on Obama are more that he didn't do enough, rather than he did nothing or make it worse. But you have to remember for all but about two months of his term he was saddled with an obstructionist Congress where Mitch McConnell was willing to use the nuclear option to keep Obama from doing so much as renaming a post office. Never mind helping people of color...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/6/14189862/obama-mass-incarceration-prison

https://talkpoverty.org/2016/12/21/obama-legacy-chipping-away-mass-incarceration/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/obama-legacy/racial-profiling-criminal-justice-reform.html

The Fair Sentencing Act was a pretty big change BTW, as it eliminated the huge disparity in sentencing between the chemically identical powder cocaine (used mostly by affluent suburban whites) and crack cocaine (used mostly by urban blacks). Prior that, the law stated that crack related offenses were sentenced as if they were for 100 times the quantity of powder, so if you got arrested with ten grams of crack you got the same sentence as someone caught with a kilogram of powder (ten year mandatory minimum sentence). It also removed some minimum sentencing. If fell short somewhat, as it still maintained and 18:1 sentencing ratio instead of a 100:1 ratio.

BTW those 100 to 1 ratios were established by the Anti-Drug Abuse Acts of 1986 and 1988, when who was the President? Though in 1988 both houses of Congress were under Democrats, in 1986 the Senate was led by Strom Thurmond and Bob Dole.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/four-ways-obama-administration-has-advanced-criminal-justice-reform

image.thumb.png.ce6c2782d8033ab409fb2e7af536587d.png

On 8/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I find the laundering of rightwing talking points & the weird sources more interesting than their latest fauxtrage. The Joke, Bravobravo, Dog, have had the weirdest collection of “sources”. That’s of far more importance than redemption- because those dumb fucks aren’t going to “change their minds” until they get better sources. Trump becomes a Democrat.

FIFY

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

He's right, don't read it. It's just the race card again.

I told you not to read it, dummy. I knew you wouldn't understand it, and I was right.

25 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I told you not to read it, dummy. I knew you wouldn't understand it, and I was right.

I understand fine.... Black people off the plantation. 

42 minutes ago, Dog said:

He's right, don't read it. It's just the race card again.

Ah.  So when you can't refute the facts of the conversation, you just pull the race card.

You've got nothing.

15 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Ah.  So when you can't refute the facts of the conversation, you just pull the race card.

You've got nothing.

“If you have a problem figuring out if your for me or Trump then you aint black”... Joe Biden

More blacks off the plantation...

25 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You've got nothing.

Dog wasn’t the one pulling  the race card?   From the BJ link

Of course, most white Republican voters don’t need permission to vote for white supremacy. They’re racist themselves and think being racist is just common sense

11 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Don't read this, Trumpaloons. It's not for you.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/rnc-black-republicans/

The racist that wrote that completely missed the point.   It’s not to give white people a reason to vote for Trump.  It’s to give Black people a reason to vote for a Trump.   

2 hours ago, Dog said:

“If you have a problem figuring out if your for me or Trump then you aint black”... Joe Biden

More blacks off the plantation...

You still are avoiding refuting BJ's link with facts.  You're just pulling more emotional race cards, exactly what you claim Democrats do.

You got nothing.

28 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You still are avoiding refuting BJ's link with facts.  You're just pulling more emotional race cards, exactly what you claim Democrats do.

You got nothing.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

4 hours ago, Dog said:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

"Those who got nothing post stupid quotes.' - Grrr...

On 8/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, The Joker said:

This website - lawenforcementtoday - was spreading fake news that ANTIFA was lighting fires across the west 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/wildfires-rage-false-antifa-rumors-spur-pleas-police-n1239881

just in case anyone was wondering the accuracy of the bullshit spewed by the joke/agitc