woodpecker

Email program

I have an Android phone and after many years of using Outlook it will not work on my phone anymore with my company email. I have contacted both Microsoft and the host of my email and they both blame it on each other Outlook still works fine on my desktop. 

Any other good email programs out there that I could try?

Thanks 

Gmail??  You need to learn their weird sorting method tho.  Stems from MS lawsuit many moons ago, but your corp might have policies that do not allow you to utilize online services.  I would talk to your corp if it's a work phone.  I know I can't touch any external email sites when I am dialed in.  Did your corp change policies on email??  Is it their phone or your personal asset??  No way I can get my work stuff on my pers phone...  VPN or no??  Many Questions, most can be answered by your company and their Cel policies.  

YMMV

Thanks, I am a one-person company with just one email address and my own website. I talked to the hosting company they blamed it on Microsoft, I contacted Microsoft support and they blamed it on the hosting company. 

This is the new buisness model they teach at buisness school. Always blame your problems on somebody else.

Been the norm in the computer world for decades...  :).  Well then, (Dusting off help desk hat from 20 yrs ago.....) Without laying hands on the thing it seems to be a disconnect between the chair and the keyboard.... :lol:

OK....

OK...

Best guess is that your .pst file or outlook profile might be screwy then.     If android, uninstall and reinstall the app from fresh.  It should prompt to set stuff up again.  If that is screwy, It might have been the android update from a couple weeks ago.  If that is the case, there might be a fix on the google machine.  Otherwise try gmail or some other online/cloud based email service if you need security.  Much less headache and you don't have to worry about upgrades, downgrades, ms patches etc, etc, etc.  Hell I might even be doing the back end stuff...  HA.....

AWS = THE FFFFFFUUUTTTTTUUUUUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 

Did I say that out loud..  Sorry...  Corp brainwashing........  

16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

pissing mys3lf

You should get that looked at.

• Like 1

Two choices; 1) continue to piss into the wind and stay Android.  2) Drink the Kool-Aid and go Apple.  

Went all-in on apple when I retired from my real job and had guys who would fix my personal PC.  Now have a website on GoDaddy, yes MSOffice in the MacBook and use Apple mail on iPad and iPhone.  All the crab merges well.

I've been using K9 mail since I jumped ship from iphone over to a Note 4.  It's not elegant, but it has always connected to the variety of email servers I use.

I use the MyMail app for Android and I like it pretty well.  Easy to setup multiple accounts if you need to.  Occasional ads, but they are easy to disable.

MS

Try logging into your email via web client on a browser.  Outlook has a PW reset @ x days that can be on.  You won't be able to access the account via apps and there is no notice or anything else to tell you what's wrong.  You have to Login via web and it will prompt you to change your password.  The idiot IT manager seems to think this is a great function at the last place I was. He also never tells anyone what's going on so you have to fumble your way through it.  When he set my account up I had no access for a week or so, I kept bugging him via text for user name and PW.  He actually replied, "I emailed it to you at your new address"

You need an app specific passcode . it has something to do with two factor identification and using

multiple devices. 

my geek  friend fixed my Laptop and my iPhone for me so both Sbcglobal and ICloud email work with the Windows 10 app and my iPhone app. 

you need a geek who knows what the above means. 

otherwise..... I had to access email  through the browser at Yahoo for Sbcglobal and my ICloud account would only work on the cell phone 

note.... the AT &T customer service folks were of no use to me .

if my geek buddy hadn’t fixed it it wouldn’t be working